NATION

PASSWORD

Rise and Fall: A Civilization RP (SIGNUP/OOC)[OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:04 am

The Application (Roleplaying Aspects)
Nation Name: Runn Karr
Capital City Name:A' Stan
Image of City: At best that I can think of
Capital City Decription: A city of mudbrick and yurts. With fertile lands but less forests, they situated where the wheat fields are large and the pastures can grow. They Seek to keep their precious horses fed and the slaves coming as they seek to expand the growing power of the Runn Karr.
Name and Title of Leader: The ruler gives up his name to only become the title of the People, Saa Piqu
Description of Cultural Practices: As to all Steppe tribes, the horse is king. Horse culture dominant political, military, and economic life. Disputes and political acts are handled through racing and voting, minor debates are held and meritocracy is held to a high standard, royalty is not entire a standard concept.
Description of Political System: They are a tribal society, one ruled by a tribal ring and their leader is the Saa Piqu. Most disputes are revolved around grand horseback races or with minor debates as democracy is starting to blossom in the Runn Karr. Because of this, the Saa Piqu has a term limit around 20-30 years before a new Saa Piqu is voted among the tribal ring.
Description of Army and Navy: As a landlocked nation, the Runn Karr have no navy. The army is focused on cavalry and mobility. The recurve bow is king. They are similar to Hunnic, Mongol, and Scythian horselords in how they are organized. However, unlike the three, they are sedentary. The Runn Karr also have their own levies that are their infantry and have their own support engineers, but they are tribal in nature. They worship the horse and have been able to smash their enemies.

One thing that they are good at doing is logistics. Logistics is one thing that comes from the nomadic past. They have a good understanding of logistics and it helps them, surprisingly, through trade and military that allows them for a better flow of economics than the other tribes in the area.
Description of Economy: They are mostly agrarian and pastoral. Having large amounts of land dedicated to crops and sheep. Logistics plays a very important part of the trade and in the lives of the Runn Karr. They use horses strategically and breeds them for specific uses, but most common horse are breed for endurance. They are knowledgeable on trade and these traders are also handlers of logistics when it comes to how to make an army equipped and fielded.

Another big part of their economy is slavery. Slavery helps them when it comes to building their cities and keeping the labor a surplus. Life is harsh for them but their economy prospers when it comes to capturing slaves.
Description of Religion: The religion is polytheistic but the chief deity is Uruanu, Father of Horses, Patron of nomads and traders, and Teacher of the Bow.
Description of Worldview: They believe the Steppe is theirs but some wish to go even beyond that, to see the world and to expand their power beyond the steppe.

The Application (Stats and Data)
Capital City Defenses: Mudbrick walls, wood reinforcement, nothing to big
Starting Region: In Red
Starting Colonies: [url=]https://ibb.co/mmZLpU[in dark blue/url]
Culture Type:Militarists
Government Type:Tribal
Religion: Urunau: Chief Deity to the Runn Karr, Father of Horses, Patron of nomads and traders, and Teacher of the Bow(+1 Army, +1 Economy)
Resources: The Steppes are fertile, with good game and good fertility. Mountains are around that have good iron and resources to build cities of mudbrick and wood
Stats: Diplomacy:-1(Diplomacy is foreign to these ass wipes)
Economy:3(Logistics and a trade network are set up to feed the people and keep the horselords equipped for war)
Culture:1.5(from village)
Religion:1.5(from village)
Science:0(stupid as shit)
Army:3(horse culture)
Navy:-2(landlocked)
Last edited by Ralnis on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Ralnis wrote:The Application (Roleplaying Aspects)
Image of City: At best that I can think of
Capital City Decription: A city of mudbrick and yurts. With fertile lands but less forests, they situated where the wheat fields are large and the pastures can grow. They Seek to keep their precious horses fed and the slaves coming as they seek to expand the growing power of the Runn Karr.
Name and Title of Leader: The ruler gives up his name to only become the title of the People, Saa Piqu
Description of Cultural Practices: As to all Steppe tribes, the horse is king. Horse culture dominant political, military, and economic life. Disputes and political acts are handled through racing and voting, minor debates are held and meritocracy is held to a high standard, royalty is not entire a standard concept.
Description of Political System: They are a tribal society, one ruled by a tribal ring and their leader is the Saa Piqu. Most disputes are revolved around grand horseback races or with minor debates as democracy is starting to blossom in the Runn Karr. Because of this, the Saa Piqu has a term limit around 20-30 years before a new Saa Piqu is voted among the tribal ring.
Description of Army and Navy: As a landlocked nation, the Runn Karr have no navy. The army is focused on cavalry and mobility. The recurve bow is king. They are similar to Hunnic, Mongol, and Scythian horselords in how they are organized. However, unlike the three, they are sedentary. The Runn Karr also have their own levies that are their infantry and have their own support engineers, but they are tribal in nature. They worship the horse and have been able to smash their enemies.

One thing that they are good at doing is logistics. Logistics is one thing that comes from the nomadic past. They have a good understanding of logistics and it helps them, surprisingly, through trade and military that allows them for a better flow of economics than the other tribes in the area.
Description of Economy: They are mostly agrarian and pastoral. Having large amounts of land dedicated to crops and sheep. Logistics plays a very important part of the trade and in the lives of the Runn Karr. They use horses strategically and breeds them for specific uses, but most common horse are breed for endurance. They are knowledgeable on trade and these traders are also handlers of logistics when it comes to how to make an army equipped and fielded.

Another big part of their economy is slavery. Slavery helps them when it comes to building their cities and keeping the labor a surplus. Life is harsh for them but their economy prospers when it comes to capturing slaves.
Description of Religion: The religion is polytheistic but the chief deity is Uruanu, Father of Horses, Patron of nomads and traders, and Teacher of the Bow.
Description of Worldview: They believe the Steppe is theirs but some wish to go even beyond that, to see the world and to expand their power beyond the steppe.

Capital City Defenses: Mudbrick walls, wood reinforcement, nothing to big
Starting Region: In Red
Starting Colonies: [url=]https://ibb.co/mmZLpU[in dark blue/url]
Culture Type:Militarists
Government Type:Tribal
Religion: Urunau: Chief Deity to the Runn Karr, Father of Horses, Patron of nomads and traders, and Teacher of the Bow(+1 Army, +1 Economy)
Resources: The Steppes are fertile, with good game and good fertility. Mountains are around that have good iron and resources to build cities of mudbrick and wood
Stats: Diplomacy:-1
Economy:3(0 originally but +3 from the city)
Culture:1.5(from village)
Religion:1.5(from village)
Science:0(stupid as shit)
Army:3(horse culture)
Navy:0(landlocked)

Looks interesting so far! I will give it a closer look when I am home from work.

I think the points may be distributed a little wrong, your capital does not grant +3 only other cities you own do. Instead, there is the limited points you can usr at will as stated in the basics section of the OP.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Made edits.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Gaisia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaisia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Ralnis wrote:Made edits.

I see our civilizations are going to be neighbors soon. I am the 'Gaisian Duchies', which is located in Crimea. Let's talk about our civilizations if you have a chance.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Gaisia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Made edits.

I see our civilizations are going to be neighbors soon. I am the 'Gaisian Duchies', which is located in Crimea. Let's talk about our civilizations if you have a chance.

Sure, but I must warn you I'm a sore loser if I don't expect to get my way. I will god mod and cheat in order to become better than everyone else. I will make sure you have no fun, you will never like to RP with me, and I will burn all the bridges around me.

Now back to more seriousness, I will love to establish something with if you want. Mostly because I'm landlocked and you have a navy.

Gaisia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaisia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Gaisia wrote:

Sure, but I must warn you I'm a sore loser if I don't expect to get my way. I will god mod and cheat in order to become better than everyone else. I will make sure you have no fun, you will never like to RP with me, and I will burn all the bridges around me.

Now back to more seriousness, I will love to establish something with if you want. Mostly because I'm landlocked and you have a navy.

;) "Yeah..."

Jokes aside, Gaisia does not have a frontline army unlike yours. Mine acts more like a police force (government/secret and public), so allying with someone who knows a thing or two about ground warfare would definitely help. On the other hand, my faith and the subsequent agricultural-horticultural expertise alongside it can provide some diversity to the agrarian market.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Gaisia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Sure, but I must warn you I'm a sore loser if I don't expect to get my way. I will god mod and cheat in order to become better than everyone else. I will make sure you have no fun, you will never like to RP with me, and I will burn all the bridges around me.

;) "Yeah..."

Jokes aside, Gaisia does not have a frontline army unlike yours. Mine acts more like a police force (government/secret and public), so allying with someone who knows a thing or two about ground warfare would definitely help. On the other hand, my faith and the subsequent agricultural-horticultural expertise alongside it can provide some diversity to the agrarian market.

This is true, but my army is specialized as a giant cavalry and but I do know a thing or two about it, if the numbers show anything. But you could meet me by having your galleys up river to meet the horselords once the IC starts.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:38 pm

Consider this a tag. Also quick question I am a bit confused on stats so can I get a bit of clarification on that?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Lisbane
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:43 pm

I don't quite get the Regional/Colonial Development. Could you explain that?

Also, the map isn't working.
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Gaisia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaisia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Gaisia wrote:
;) "Yeah..."

This is true, but my army is specialized as a giant cavalry and but I do know a thing or two about it, if the numbers show anything. But you could meet me by having your galleys up river to meet the horselords once the IC starts.

Ah, why not. As a matter of fact, the Gaisian ships are not galleys, not alike those oar-powered vessels. Gaisia has something special to fit its commercial and maritime needs.

The Yaltalina (Ялталина) is a single to triple masted ship with lateen sails and a shallow draft, allowing the ship to sail in rivers (specifically the Dnipro river). The Yaltalina is the mainstay of the Gaisian navy, defining the navy with a ship that had exceptional maneuverability, low crew requirement, and low maintenance cost; however, such simplicity and maneuverability made the Yaltalina a lightweight and cramp vessel. While they are not the fastest ships to sail the seas, they are unsuited for sailing anything beyond coastal waters or rivers.

(Note the shallow draft of the Yaltalinas, since they ride high in the water, granting them speed and maneuverability with a vastly smaller crew than a galley, but at the expense of space and stability)

The Yaltabar (Ялтабар) is a single masted ship with a lateen sail and a spanker sail, exchanging speed and lightweight for stability and durability. With its deep-V hull and deeper draft, the Yaltabar is designed for fishing and freight; however, unlike the Yaltalina, the Yaltabar is unable to dock at shallow ports or even riverbanks and beaches. This is why the Yaltabar is often found at deeper ports and docks like at Sevastopol or Kerch, where the larger size and weight of the Yaltabar can be properly accommodated without the ship running aground.

(Note the deeper draft and the single yet taller mast, allowing the Yaltabar to be a seaworthy and ocean-going unlike the Yaltalinas)
Last edited by Gaisia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm

I think i might make an app soon.

As of now, my main problem is thinking of a good name. I think i'm going to be a nation in Anatolia or thrace. You know, near the Black Sea, maybe near Dacia.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Gaisia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

Ah, why not. As a matter of fact, the Gaisian ships are not galleys, not alike those oar-powered vessels. Gaisia has something special to fit its commercial and maritime needs.

The Yaltalina (Ялталина) is a single to triple masted ship with lateen sails and a shallow draft, allowing the ship to sail in rivers (specifically the Dnipro river). The Yaltalina is the mainstay of the Gaisian navy, defining the navy with a ship that had exceptional maneuverability, low crew requirement, and low maintenance cost; however, such simplicity and maneuverability made the Yaltalina a lightweight and cramp vessel. While they are not the fastest ships to sail the seas, they are unsuited for sailing anything beyond coastal waters or rivers.

(Note the shallow draft of the Yaltalinas, since they ride high in the water, granting them speed and maneuverability with a vastly smaller crew than a galley, but at the expense of space and stability)

The Yaltabar (Ялтабар) is a single masted ship with a lateen sail and a spanker sail, exchanging speed and lightweight for stability and durability. With its deep-V hull and deeper draft, the Yaltabar is designed for fishing and freight; however, unlike the Yaltalina, the Yaltabar is unable to dock at shallow ports or even riverbanks and beaches. This is why the Yaltabar is often found at deeper ports and docks like at Sevastopol or Kerch, where the larger size and weight of the Yaltabar can be properly accommodated without the ship running aground.

(Note the deeper draft and the single yet taller mast, allowing the Yaltabar to be a seaworthy and ocean-going unlike the Yaltalinas)

I'm just going to say that it looks a bit too advanced, does it not? If i remember correctly, people at this time used oar-powered ships, did they not?
All the Ships with Sails in these times were more rudimentary, single-sail, Square Rig Boats.
I just think it looks too advanced for such beggining, principally the later ones, who look like they could be used in modern days.
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gaisia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaisia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Skarten wrote:
Gaisia wrote:

I'm just going to say that it looks a bit too advanced, does it not? If i remember correctly, people at this time used oar-powered ships, did they not?
I just think it looks too advanced for such beggining, principally the later ones, who look like they could be used in modern days.

Gaisia does not have the large shipyards nor the amount of timber to make large vessels like galleys or triremes. Also, the hills and cliffs in Crimea (Gaisia's location) makes it difficult to build and service ships with deep drafts; that can be done by the colonial settlements like Sevastopol and Kerch, which are small fishing outposts compared to the bustling cliff-hillside cities like Yalta.
Last edited by Gaisia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Gaisia wrote:
Skarten wrote:

Gaisia does not have the large shipyards nor the amount of timber to make large vessels like galleys. Also, the hills and cliffs in Crimea (Gaisia's location) makes it difficult to build and service ships with deep drafts; that can be done by the colonial settlements like Sevastopol and Kerch, which are small fishing outposts compared to the bustling cliff-hillside cities like Yalta.

Once again, i think it's too early to have ships with more than one sail. The Egyptian Ships had only 1, and like i said, they were squared ships used to go against the Nile. I'm just saying, it's a bit too advanced to have all those sails and such advanced ships.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Andsed wrote:Consider this a tag. Also quick question I am a bit confused on stats so can I get a bit of clarification on that?

I will offer clarification later tonight when I am off work.
Lisbane wrote:I don't quite get the Regional/Colonial Development. Could you explain that?

Also, the map isn't working.

I will get to explaining this when I am off work as well.

Gaisia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaisia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:08 pm

Skarten wrote:
Gaisia wrote:
Gaisia does not have the large shipyards nor the amount of timber to make large vessels like galleys. Also, the hills and cliffs in Crimea (Gaisia's location) makes it difficult to build and service ships with deep drafts; that can be done by the colonial settlements like Sevastopol and Kerch, which are small fishing outposts compared to the bustling cliff-hillside cities like Yalta.

Once again, i think it's too early to have ships with more than one sail. The Egyptian Ships had only 1, and like i said, they were squared ships used to go against the Nile. I'm just saying, it's a bit too advanced to have all those sails and such advanced ships.

Gaisia has a naval stat of '+3' and an army stat of '-1', hence why they compensate their navy or their own ground defenses. Plus, the Gaisian ships are not very big, and cannot carry as much unlike galleys or triremes. There is not much the Yaltalina or Yaltabars can do or carry unlike larger and more powerful galley/triremes.

A Trireme or Galley can carry multiple ballistas along with hundreds of archers and swordsmen - something the Yaltalinas and Yaltabars cannot do (Gaisia has no archers or swordsmen). The Yaltabar can carry a single light ballista, but its weak compared to those wielded by Galleys or Triremes. Also, boarding action is a concept unheard of to the Gaisians.

(EDITED: Yaltalinas and Yaltabars are cramped and small, not very comfortable and spacious unlike a galley. Also, Yaltalinas are not seaworthy beyond coastal waters or rivers; their shallow draft and tall lateen sails will make them capsize. The Yaltabar is built to traverse the sea with better stability, but its slower and just as cramp despite a larger cargo hold)
Last edited by Gaisia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Gaisia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Once again, i think it's too early to have ships with more than one sail. The Egyptian Ships had only 1, and like i said, they were squared ships used to go against the Nile. I'm just saying, it's a bit too advanced to have all those sails and such advanced ships.

Gaisia has a naval stat of '+3' and an army stat of '-1', hence why they compensate their navy or their own ground defenses. Plus, the Gaisian ships are not very big, and cannot carry as much unlike galleys or triremes. There is not much the Yaltalina or Yaltabars can do or carry unlike larger and more powerful galley/triremes.

A Trireme or Galley can carry multiple ballistas along with hundreds of archers and swordsmen - something the Yaltalinas and Yaltabars cannot match. The Yaltabar can carry a single light ballista, but its weak compared to those wielded by Galleys or Triremes. Also, boarding action is a concept unheard of to the Gaisians.

(EDITED: Yaltalinas and Yaltabars are cramped and small, not very comfortable and spacious unlike a galley. Also, Yaltalinas are not seaworthy beyond coastal waters or rivers; their shallow draft and tall lateen sails will make them capsize. The Yaltabar is built to traverse the sea with better stability, but its slower and just as cramp despite a larger cargo hold)

Once Again, that's not the problem, it's just that the tech to build those things is simply not available yet, even if you have a lot of naval points. There is simply not enough tech in 500 BC to make ships with sails that are anything other than Squared Rigs.

Edit:If you want a basis for Ancient ships, look at the ones from Phoenicians or Carthaginians. The Biggest ships FROM CARTHAGE had One Big, Square Sail, and then a smaller one upfront. And those were the Carthaginians.
Last edited by Skarten on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lisbane
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lisbane » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Nation Name: The Orange Republic
Capital City Name: Belfast
Capital City Defenses: Has High Stone Walls around the Harbour, and the Harbour itself houses many warships and a large chain slightly up river to stop enemy ships from reaching the capital.
Starting Region: Orange
Starting Colonies: Brown, North focused on Navy, South on Economy.
Culture Type: Militarists
Government Type: Classical Republic
Religion: Main Deity Pai Sa Loe, God of Harvests and War (+1 Economy, +1 Navy)
Resources: iron ore, coal, lead and salt, Fish. And Several Center of Trade, Including Belfast and Londonderry.

Stats
Diplomacy: -1
Economy: 3.5
Culture: 2
Religion: 0
Science: 0
Army: -1
Navy: 2.5

Nation Name: The Orange Republic
Capital City Name: Belfast
Image of City: Like this but connected to land and is a river instead of sea
Capital City Decription: Situated on the River Lagan, Belfast is a Regional Trading Hub, and it's inhabitants extend from Wealthy Merchants, to Artists and Philosophers, to the Cities Political Elite. The City is drawn on Clan Grounds, think of them like guilds in Real Life, different Clans keep to their part of the city unless conducting business whether personal or public. It is the living and breathing personification of the Cultured Trade Empire of the Orange Republic, but also perfectly personifies its Political Clout and Corruption.
Name and Title of Leader:
Description of Cultural Practices:
Description of Political System:
Description of Army and Navy:
Description of Economy:
Description of Religion:
Description of Worldview:
Last edited by Lisbane on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a INTJ-T Personality, I'm a turbulent Architect. I value logic and reason above all else, and despise authority, unless it furthers humanity (Government for example). You can telegram me if you'd like to have a discussion. Generally I like philosophical discussions, but any and all are welcomed.

Sincerely,
Lisbane

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Nation Name: Speria
Capital City Name: Spero
Capital City Defenses: : Large stone walls and strong harbor defenses. Catapults have been placed along the wall along with defensive towers and boiling oil that can be poured up men entering through the gates. The defenses in the harbor consist of catapults being placed on the wall overlooking the harbor a large metal gate being placed at the entrance to the harbor and large sharp wooden logs able to act as barricades being able to be placed all around the harbor.
Starting Region: https://imgur.com/0pk1c25(Starting region is dark green and sorry for how amateurish it looks.)
Starting Colonies: https://imgur.com/0pk1c25 (Starting colonies are lime green and again sorry for how amateurish it looks.) Southern colony focused on economy northern colony focused on science.
Culture Type: Militaristic
Government Type: Autocracy
Religion: Odur God of War(+1 to army +1 to navy)
Resources: Timber, Fish, Beef, Pork, Poultry, Vegetables and Milk.
Stats: Diplomacy:0
Economy: +.5
Culture:-2
Religion:+1
Science:+.5
Army:+4
Navy:+2

Nation Name: Speria
Capital City Name: Spero
Image of City:

Capital City Decription:
It is a large city set up on the coast of what we call Brittany. It has a garrison of around 25'000 men to defend it and around 21 naval vessels to help defend the harbor. It is set up on a hill with the government buildings being on top of the slope the city is on. Also the slope behind the city is incredibly rocky and steep making it difficult to attack up that slope making it so there are only two ways to easily attack by land. A naval attack is possible but would require a strong fleet. The city is surrounded by large stone walls and outside of these walls are farms. On the east there is a river and forest. Inside the city there is all of the housing, religious buildings, garrisons etc. The city being on the coast of the continent gets a fair bit of trade.

Name and Title of Leader: King Damaris Simos
Description of Cultural Practices:
The culture of the nation is simple in that you should dedicate your life to the state. The greatest thing a person can do is be a great warrior or great general in the military. Farming, Trading, Building, and to a lesser extent science are all encouraged and respected not as much as the military is though. The society is surprisingly progressive with homosexuality being okay as long as you are doing your part for the nation. Race is also not a big deal as long as you are helping the nation no one cares what race you are. As for religion well people are highly encouraged to worship Odur since it is believed he grants strength to them but you are allowed to worship other gods as long as you don't build temples or anything like that. Things like the arts,music, dancing etc are looked down upon and while not banned are seen as useless waste of time and energy. So as long as you are doing your part in helping the nation whether that be building the walls or fighting the wars you will most likely be fine.

Description of Political System:
The system is simple the Monarch is leader and has ultimate authority. They are allowed to appoint advisers but do not have to. They governors and generals but all of them answer to the Monarch. The Monarch legally in Speria can do no wrong. When the Monarch die the heir is determined by the will left behind by the Monarch. A monarch may be male or female and they may choose anyone to be their heir. If a monarch cannot decide between two or more potential heirs then the potential heirs will fight in an arena for the crown.

Description of Army and Navy:
The Sperian military is well trained, disciplined, well equipped, and large. It is split into two branches the army which is the more powerful branch used to crush rebellions and expand Speria and the navy mostly used to protect trade, transportation of the army, and blockading enemy ports.

The Army is the most powerful branch of the military consisting of around 65'000 men. The cavalry plays a supporting role being a mix of heavy and light cavalry used to stop enemy cavalry from flanking the army. The skirmishers also mostly archers with some slingers and javelins as well and they are given well crafted weapons and some training in melee but are mostly used to support the infantry.

The main focus of the army is the infantry who are like Spartan Hoplites disciplined, well trained, well equipped, and will fight to the bitter end. They are heavily armored and armed with spears and for close quarters short swords. They are trained for years most of them starting around 10 and the training is brutal. They are easily some of the greatest and most feared warriors in the world being highly trained, well equipped, and devoted to the nation willing to fight to the last man.

Women are also allowed to serve in the army and they make up a small auxiliary force and while they are good warriors their training and weapons don't really compare to the main infantry force. Also the soldiers are all trained in survivalist tactics so if they get caught behind enemy lines they will be able to escape and it has also made Sperians have good bit of wit and being known for some great spartan like comebacks and one liners.(OOC: If you don't know Spartans who have inspired the Sperians also had some great comebacks like the line then we will fight in the shade was actually said at Thermopylae.) Service is not mandatory but it is highly encouraged and many Sperians wanting to live up to the expectation of the nation join. A couple weakness of the army is one it is slow with it's heavy armor and size and it's generals can be quite stubborn about retreating.

The Sperian navy is small only around 40 naval vessels but the vessels are well made being fast medium sized galleys focused on boarding enemy ships and then taking them out before retreating so hit and run tactics sort of. Some of the larger vessels are armed with catapults which along with archers are used as the ranged attack against enemy ships. Blockades unless going up against a nation with a very weak navy usually don't last that long. What a Sperian blockade usually looks like is some of the naval vessels with catapults firing the catapults at the dock to damage it as much as possible before leaving. All in all the navy is an effective force that can move quickly and has effective boarding parties but is small with troops that are heavily armored so swimming is a challenge for them.

Description of Economy:
The economy is focused heavily on agricultural with the main products produced and exported being Fish, Beef, Pork, Poultry, Vegetables and Milk. So many people act as farmers using the fertile land to raise cows, pigs, chickens etc. Also fishing is a big business as well. Many of the farmers, fishers, traders etc are located near the south but a good amount are located near large cites like Spero. There is also the timber business and some industrial business like forging weapons, armor, siege equipment and such. Slaves are mostly used for building walls and such though they due help with agriculture. And due to the harsh punishments given to slaves if they fail they work as quickly and efficiently as they can.

Description of Religion:
Religion is a semi important part of life. It is believed Odur not only created humans giving them their warlike nature but that he also respects and grants strength. So to keep in his good faith gladiatorial games are held every three months to please him. Not only that temples are built to not only hold these games but to pray to him to grant you strength. Praying consist of cutting your arm not deeply enough to do serious damage but enough to hurt and to then pray. This is to show how strong you are and to hopefully get Odur's blessing. Whenever going on campaign the general will do this ritual along with some of the higher ranking officers in the army while the troops sacrifice a few animals to Ordu.

Description of Worldview:
Sperians see themselves as Ordu's chosen people and thus they see themselves as some of the if not the greatest warriors in the world. They see nations who don't have their military and service to the state as a top priority as weak. But they do respect strength and even trading nations who have done well are respected somewhat by the Sperians. Nations that has shown themselves to have a strong military that fights to the end are greatly respected. But nations who have shown wisdom in surrendering when they know they have no chance are also seen as respectable for not costing more lives when they known they will not win. If a nation show these kinds of quality and they are beaten by the Sperians the nations and their people will be treated decently by their conquers out of respect.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:47 pm

Ok, so it says we can get 3 points to put in somewhere, yet a -2 to something. I see the apps and it seems no one has put the points given to us, only the modifiers given to us.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:Ok, so it says we can get 3 points to put in somewhere, yet a -2 to something. I see the apps and it seems no one has put the points given to us, only the modifiers given to us.

Before I accept any apps I will be looking at everyones stats. I will also be explaining stats in more detail when im home from work.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Alright, to clear up any confusion regarding stats.

Each of you should start with a big fat 0 in all categories, before any choices are made. Stats are indicators of how much your civilization specializes in something. There are four ways to get stats at the beginning.

1.) Everyone is given +3 points to distribute as they please. They are also given -2 points that they must use.
2.) Government then adds or subtracts certain points.
3) Your culture and religion fields both add points (+1 depending on your culture, and +2 depending on your religion)
4.) Finally, you get +.5 of a point in each territory you own aside from your home territory. This +.5 is given to one stat, thereby giving that region a focus. After 1 real life week of owning a territory, the land becomes a "town" and gives you a full 1 point to the state you decided it was at the time you colonized it. Finally, per every 10 territories, not including your home territory, you may select one region to expand further, making it a "city region." City regions give +2 to the bonus you ascribed at the beginning of owning the territory, and +1 wildcard point you can put in anywhere.

Does that clear things up?

As for the question regarding expansion of regions, after three days or IRL time, you will choose 2 new territories to colonize.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Alright, to clear up any confusion regarding stats.

Each of you should start with a big fat 0 in all categories, before any choices are made. Stats are indicators of how much your civilization specializes in something. There are four ways to get stats at the beginning.

1.) Everyone is given +3 points to distribute as they please. They are also given -2 points that they must use.
2.) Government then adds or subtracts certain points.
3) Your culture and religion fields both add points (+1 depending on your culture, and +2 depending on your religion)
4.) Finally, you get +.5 of a point in each territory you own aside from your home territory. This +.5 is given to one stat, thereby giving that region a focus. After 1 real life week of owning a territory, the land becomes a "town" and gives you a full 1 point to the state you decided it was at the time you colonized it. Finally, per every 10 territories, not including your home territory, you may select one region to expand further, making it a "city region." City regions give +2 to the bonus you ascribed at the beginning of owning the territory, and +1 wildcard point you can put in anywhere.

Does that clear things up?

As for the question regarding expansion of regions, after three days or IRL time, you will choose 2 new territories to colonize.

Ah thanks I shall edit my stats.

Edit: Stats have been updated.
Last edited by Andsed on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 am

Edits made again.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse