NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Broken World (OOC) (New)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Are We Heroes: Broken World (OOC) (New)

Postby Robosia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Four years ago The Chosen attacked Los Angeles. It was coordinated and caused heavy civilian casualties, but no one realized its tactical magnitude until it was too late. The timing was perfect, the only free heroes that could respond in time were the students of Novum Saeculum Academy: a school founded by the legendary hero Cypher to train the next generation of heroes. The Students, even with the aid of the teachers, were woefully unprepared. They were blindsided on every turn, any blow they landed was turned back on them tenfold. Then, Albion, the ancient mage known as Skullduggery, played his hand. Through the utilization of trans-dimensional travel, he managed to reach into the empty space between dimensions and pull out the strange sub-atomic particles known as 'Nether'. He managed to weaponize it, creating a super-weapon capable of annihilating matter, canceling it out of existence. Using only a fraction of its power, Albion destroyed Paladin, the Headmaster of the academy.

With that last action, the world fell into anarchy. It began slowly, but soon accelerated into a run-away global conflict. Millions upon millions were killed in the coming years. Governments soon disavowed the St. Petersburg accords that had founded Argus and forbade Meta human service in any national military. Metas were placed on the front lines, only increasing the destruction. Russia annexed the Union of Russian Heroes into the national military, and soon, all the major teams were either fighting for their nation of origin, or struggling against the force of the Chosen.

Eventually, Albion decided the world had been through enough strife to fuel 'human evolution' for the near future. With his departure robbing the global flame of its fuel, the rubble soon cleared... Most of the worlds heroes had been lost, but most shocking of them all was Cypher, and with him, most of the Regents. Those that remained, gave up the hero life, and even went into some level of hiding. Now, the world lies in chaos. Several governments and cities such as Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Korea, and the Baltic States have collapsed into "dead zones" that foster a safe haven of sorts for criminals and outlaws alike. A similar fate has befallen the South Eastern Asian Islands, Hawaii, California, and New York City.

Metas are once again feared by humans, spawning organizations such as CADMUS to make a come back. World Governments are scrambling to track their meta populations, threatening to reignite a new war on Meta humans. However, the World still needs protecting. What will you do now? Will you protect the world from the continual onslaught of villains, or will you use this as an opportunity to exert your will on a vulnerable planet? The Choice is yours. Are you a Hero?

Hello everyone, and welcome back to another installment of Are we Heroes. This takes place in 2022, four years after the events of the previous RP: Nocum Saeculum. World War III has left the world broken, however there is still a need for heroes. In this RP you will can play a meta human that has either a heroic or villainous slant. There will be a never ending series of threats for heroes to deal with on top of dealing with villainous actions of some players.

This is an open world RP, but I will create 'global events' so there will always be something to grab your character's attention. Your characters can also influence the world (with approval from me) and draw out the interaction with other players. I hope you have fun, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Rules
  1. I am the OP and my word is final
  2. Co-OPs are to be respected
  3. All alterations to the world/player created plots MUST be run by me first
  4. Powers that control time, grant invulnerability, manipulate reality, or take control away from other players are not allowed
  5. All characters should be roughly at the same power level, no one can be the 'strongest' or 'best' at anything
  6. You cannot edit your apps after they are accepted without permission, especially the Abilities section
  7. Your characters are not protected by plot-armor, so if they do something stupid, they CAN die
  8. Do not kill other player's characters without permission, or without proper justification
  9. Posts that contradict previously established actions will be ignored
  10. Only characters that have complete apps may be controlled. "NPC's" are not allowed without special permission
  11. This is an open world RP, so it is YOUR responsibility to get your character in the action. I will be happy to help you find a way to get involved
  12. Posts should not contain NSFW material

Application
Code: Select all
[box][size=200][color=#EFC13E]G[/color][/size]eneral Information

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Alias:[/b] (If Applicable)
[b]Alignment:[/b] (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[hr][/hr][size=200][color=#EFC13E]A[/color][/size]ppearance

[b]Photo/Discription:[/b] [floatright][spoiler=Appearance]([url=(place%20image%20link%20here)]Image[/url])[/spoiler][/floatright]

[b]Suit Photo/Discription:[/b] [floatright][spoiler=Suit]([url=(If%20Applicable)]Image[/url])[/spoiler][/floatright]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b] (If Applicable)
[hr][/hr][size=200][color=#EFC13E]A[/color][/size]bilities

[b]Powers:[/b](Please List and give a description)

[b]Drawbacks:[/b] (Should be roughly balanced with powers and other characters)

[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[hr][/hr][size=200][color=#EFC13E]p[/color][/size]ersonal Information

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Mission/Goals:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes[/b]
[b]Additional Information:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b](Optional)[/box]
Last edited by Robosia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Roster

Heroes

Villains
Last edited by Robosia on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:14 am, edited 13 times in total.
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Missions

The Wolf in Sheepish Clothing
Description:In the time since the end of the War, The Meta human Dana Kane, better known as Savant, has established a haven for Metahumans and Metahumans alone. By the dozens, Metas are flocking to this purported 'Promised land'. As their ranks continue to swell, the local town which possesses no Meta citizens is becoming increasingly uneasy. The presence of Idyllium, as it is known by its inhabitants, has caused several seemingly unprovoked attacks from the humans prompting action from local and state law enforcement. The exchanges quickly grew sour, leaving Police at an uneasy standoff with Kane and the rest of the Metas. Still, they have forbade Argus interference, claiming it is an issue "Of the United States."

Idyllium has numerous parties concerned. Some fear it may attract organizations like CADMUS or others resentful of Metas, Others fear it is an attempt to consolidate a Meta population for the purpose of create a Meta-only sovereign state. Regardless, the Metas near Monarch, Montana are beginning to number in the low 100's...

Potential Objectives:
  • Seek to join Idyllium for Sancutary
  • Infiltrate to learn more about Kane and her motives or sabotage Idyllium
  • Attack the Meta population

To Initiate: Visit the safe haven.

Blast from the Past
Description:CADMUS has returned. Funded by unknown means, supplied by unknown means, and equipped with more advanced tech than they ever had in the past. They are hunting down metas at an alarming rate, but so far have confined their area of operations to the ruins of New York City.

Potential Objectives:
  • Investigate CADMUS
  • Try to eradicate their presence in the area

To Initiate: Travel to New York

Big Pharma
Description: A new drug has spread around the streets of Busan and nearby. Its street name is yong-ui sumgyeol, or "Dragon's Breath". Its marketed as a high that never dulls through repetitive use, but its fatality rate is through the roof, and some have reported... side effects of the... mutagen variety.

To Initiate: Investigate the drug problem in Busan

War of the Worlds
Description: A two days ago, a meteor crashed in the desert near El Sadat. A small group of locals went to investigate, and never returned. Next morning, another group went out to look for them and found their bodies covered in round bite marks, with there brains and hearts eaten out. The Egyptian military was called in, and the next day they found the body of a farmer with similar marks in a field only a few miles away. Not only that, but they also noticed strange footprints leading towards the city...

To Initiate: Travel to El Sadat City and visit the military camp.

The White Rabbit Project
Description: The Arc Corporation, one of the leaders in alternative energy sources for years, suddenly tanked in the early 2000's when an accident claimed the lives of several hundred employee's at their Seattle, Washington facility. There was rumor they company was on the verge of a 'quantum leap' in energy generation, but after the accident, the company was officially shut down. But now, Dr. Carroll, the genius of the company, has come back, albeit quietly. He has reached out in the Meta community, asking for capable fighters to help with an... "important project."

To Initiate: Travel to Sierra Vista and ask for Dr. Carroll.
Last edited by Robosia on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:19 pm

I am still here.

Mary/Windtalker in "Down the Rabbit Hole"

Sally Three Spells in "A Wolf in Sheepish Clothing".

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:04 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:I am still here.

Mary/Windtalker in "Down the Rabbit Hole"

Sally Three Spells in "A Wolf in Sheepish Clothing".

There ya go.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:58 am

I've been intrigued by this roleplay for a little while and now seems to be an ideal time to join in! Due to other commitments and RL being relatively busy I can't post a profile right now but I have been working on one on and off; I'll get back to it and post it up when I can.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:20 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:I've been intrigued by this roleplay for a little while and now seems to be an ideal time to join in! Due to other commitments and RL being relatively busy I can't post a profile right now but I have been working on one on and off; I'll get back to it and post it up when I can.

That’s great! Just know that I’ll be prioritizing making sure of who’s staying and who’s leaving, so it might ake while to get to you.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:39 am

Molly and Weinkauf are both in if that's ok.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:40 am

General Information

Name: Sally Gwyn
Alias: Sally Three Spells
Alignment: (Reluctant) Hero (?)

Appearance
Photo/Discription:
A pale skinned and slender girl, long pale hair, grey eyes, favoring dark clothing. (When not disguised as a human, her skin is a medium light shade of green and her hair is a lighter shade of green.)
Height: 60 inches.
Weight: 80 pounds.
Additional Information: Matching folds of skin near her shoulder blades conceal her folded insect-like wings.

Abilities

Powers:
Detect Enchantment, can sense a active enchantment within thirty feet, unless it has a masking enchantment.
Detect Fairies, can sense the presence of other faeries within thirty feet, unless they have an active magical disguise.
Detect Iron and Steel, can sense the presence of iron and steel objects within five feet.
Innate Magical Flight, special effect of energy wings, maximum horizontal speed of 30 miles per hour, maximum upward vertical speed of 15 miles per hour, minus one mile per hour per pound carried beyond herself and light clothing, may fly for ten minutes before needing to rest for at least ten minutes
Magic Spells.
1. The Curse of Snowblindness. The target believes that can see nothing except an infinite whiteness. The spell requires a spoken whisper, a small gesture and line of sight. From sunrise to sunrise, the spell may be cast multiple times and at multiple targets, so long as the total amount of time does not exceed one man-hour per day. The spell does not work against targets in iron or steel helmets and also does not work against targets with a magical mind protection.
2. Human Kind. The faerie looks more human than faerie. Does not work when the fairie is unconscious.
3. Weather Weather. The faerie is comfortable in temperatures ranging from zero degrees Celsius to forty degrees Celsius. This spell lasts twenty-four hours.

Drawbacks: Faerie Limitations. Cannot tell a direct lie. Cannot work magic when in direct contact with iron or steel. Continuous contact with iron or steel is painful and has a strength sapping effect on the faerie, making them half as strong as they normally are. Must honor all bargains and promises that she makes.

Strengths: Quickness. Trustworthy in a correctly worded bargain.
Weaknesses: Hates to be cornered in an iron-clad agreement. Not very physically strong.

personal Information

Personality: Childlike, playful yet capable of extreme seriousness.

Bio: Sally Gwyn was born a faerie, and an American, to two faeries that escaped servitude in the land of Faerie. Of course, her parents were illegal aliens, but the family managed to remain unnoticed by the U.S. government.
When Sally turned ten years old, her parents gave her a grimoire (book of spells) because as she grew older, she would need to be able to take care of disguising herself and being able to escape capture from the humans, or (shudder) any faeries that might want to take them away, back to Faerie.
After World War III, the family began employing security measures. The war had not just affected the humans, but the Fae, too. The Fae began making more missions to the mortal dimension and the family was fearful of capture. Therefore, one day, when Sally phoned home, while she thought she heard her mother's voice on the other end, the person didn't know the password of the day and Sally ran away from her home.
Sally moved to a city in another state and had managed to live on the streets for the last year, becoming a member of a dance crew and doing odd jobs for her friends' parents.
Then came the series of arson fires that had fire department engines scrambling from fire to fire and sometimes too late. In one case, Sally had seen the engines dash away from a neighborhood and minutes later a fire was set in an apartment near the fire house! The fire began on the lower floors and the people on the upper floors were trapped up there by the flames. Even with no rescuers in sight, a woman prepared to drop her baby out of a fifth story window!
As the woman wrestled with deciding what to do, Sally dropped her disguise, in front of the people on the street and her friends, and flew up to take the woman's child to safety. Sally handed the baby to one of her friends, right before a human's fist struck her in the face!
"Dirty meta-human scum!" said her attacker. No one came to her defense. Sally spelled him with Snowblindness and escaped. Then she gathered her things and hit the road again.
She needed time to master the spells in her book. Then, maybe, she could be herself.

Mission/Goals: To learn great magic, to defeat her enemies. To be accepted as her own person.

Likes: Cats, Cream (Half and Half), Dancing, Knitting, Music, Quiet, Singing.
Dislikes Barking Dogs, Engine Exhaust, Low Fat (and Nonfat) Milk, Smog.
Additional Information: Owns a Grimoire with spells that she is learning. Wears gloves to avoid touching iron or steel barehanded. Sometimes wears her long hair pinned 'up' with sharpened bronze knitting needles, which she can use as stabbing blades.
Theme Music: https://youtu.be/yp4akdTQPV4

Application
General Information

Name: Mary Santiago
Alias: Windtalker, Mrs. Hellhound.
Alignment: Hero.

Appearance

Photo/Discription:

Suit Photo/Discription:
Five and a half feet tall. Her build was trim and athletic. The moccasins on her feet seemed to be made of horse leather. Above those, she wore leggings from the hide of bighorn sheep. Going up from there was a very short skirt which looked to be made of mountain lion skin. Her midriff was exposed. A capelet of black bearskin covered her shoulders and down over all but the very bottom of her breasts. A mask of reptile skin covered her face from her hairline just below her chin, black with irregular patterns of red, probably gila monster, concealing her face and her secrets while her eyes shone through its eye holes like dim malignant stars. Owl feathers were tied into her long and black hair. Whatever skin was not covered by her clothing was of a reddish brown color and upon it was either painted, or tattooed, with a number mystic symbols.
Height: 66"
Weight: 110 lbs.
Additional Information: (If Applicable)

Abilities

Powers:
Archery Skill, the training to effectively use bows and arrows.
Clairvoyance, a meta-human ability to look into a flame and see people and events up to nineteen miles away.
Dream Magic, the magical ability to use Navajo medicines and ritual to enter another person's dreams and shape those dreams, if that person is unfamiliar with controlling their dreams.
Illusionary Normal Appearance, the magical ability to create an illusion about herself to hide her supernatural nature.
Medium, the magical ability to use Navajo medicines and ritual to summon and communicate with the spirits of the dead.
Radio Communications, familiarity with radio transceiver equipment and radio use protocols.
Skinwalker, the magical ability to shift her shape into an animal form, typically an animal native to the area of Arizona, using specially enchanted samples of animal skins.
Spiritual Fire, the ability to conjure a bluish ball of flame that is only injurious to spiritual being that lack a corporeal form, it may be moved by her mental command and may be used for both illumination and scrying.
Unknowable, a mental defense that blocks another's cognitive or telepathic attempts to gather information from her mind, accomplished by means of one or more magical items.
Very Hard to Kill, as a Yee Naaldooshii, she can only be permanently killed by someone, in her presence, saying her secret name to her, or by extremely rare beings and substances of an appropriate type.

Drawbacks:
Archery Skill projectiles are generally slower than bullets.
Clairvoyance, is only visual, and may be blocked by magical methods.
Dream Magic, may be blocked by properly enchanted and placed magical wards, and may be overcome with knowledge of lucid dreaming and sufficient willpower.
Medium, requires a ritual and the targeted spirit may try to resist or possess the practitioner.
Radio Communications, requires all people desiring communication to have a working radio transceiver and knowledge of how to use it.
Skinwalker, has some 'uncomfortable' forms and the user may be mistaken for an animal by a hunter.
Spiritual Fire, may accidentally give away the user's position to an enemy if not carefully used.
Unknowable, requires an enchanted item on the user's person.
Very Hard to Kill, does not mean that the Skinwalker could not be captured in a properly created snare or prison.

Strengths: Adaptability. Student of human nature.
Weaknesses: Short temper. Finds it hard to say, “no” to requests for help, mercy and forgiveness. Low alcohol tolerance.

personal Information

Personality: The (Damned) Magician. “I make things happen (whether you like it or not).” Secretive.

Bio: A meta-human only in her ability to look into a flame and see far away things in real time, Mary Santiago was trained from an early age to be a Navajo Medicine Woman. At eighteen years old, the Argus agency politely took her to their Novum Saeculum Academy for training to be a 'sanctioned hero'. During the first half of her first year, she had a failed romance with another student who was expelled and who committed suicide soon after. On the heels of that event, she participated in the Battle of the Greenland Prison, on the team of the hero, Cypher, who later praised her unflinching ability to act in the face of danger (Windtalker admits this was mostly motivated by a fear of dying).
After the Battle of Greenland, Windtalker returned for a visit to her native Arizona, where, under extreme duress, she acquired magical powers associated with the mystic Navajo Skinwalkers, or Yee Naaldooshii.
Somewhat on the rebound from the previous relationship, she met Marko Merkas, of The Watchers, who had been hired as the Chief of Security for the newly located Novum Saeculum Academy. There was an almost instant attraction between them, and since both of them could be expected to have long natural lifespans, they were soon engaged to be married.
However, before the marriage could take place came the Battle of Los Angeles with The Chosen and then World War Three. Life and death not being one hundred percent certain, They became Mr. and Mrs. Merkas at their earliest opportunity. The pair were generally considered excellent examples of 'heroes' during the war.
After the war, Windtalker decided that she would work out of an Argus office in Flagstaff, AZ, largely specializing in trying to find missing persons and helping the regional law enforcement authorities.

Mission/Goals: Protect the Innocent/Defeat Intolerance and Racism.

Likes: Animals, Athletics, Dancing, Herb Gardening, Singing.
Dislikes: Drunkenness, Unnecessary Cruelty.
Additional Information: Loves and has a pet coyote, Chahałheeł (a male that she has tamed from a pup).

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0np-5xbkus

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:09 am

Talchyon wrote:Molly and Weinkauf are both in if that's ok.

It’s all fine.

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 am

Sure I'll stick around.

Kestos Illrion and Alexander Vachel. Different Discord or the same one?
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Skaldia wrote:Sure I'll stick around.

Kestos Illrion and Alexander Vachel. Different Discord or the same one?

Same Discord. Thanks for sticking around.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Since this is going slower than I though, I will now be open to new apps as well.
Last edited by Robosia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Hey OP -

I was going to ask you about what Weinkauf should do. Especially since there's nothing in Egypt now for him to do. I'm kind of at a loss for him right now.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Hey OP -

I was going to ask you about what Weinkauf should do. Especially since there's nothing in Egypt now for him to do. I'm kind of at a loss for him right now.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Talchyon wrote:Hey OP -

I'll try to make a new mission in Egypt for him to do. It's pretty late over here though, so it probably won't be up until tomorrow.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 pm

The Wintergreen Brothers
Villains from the dimension of Faerie in the pursuit gold, land and slaves.

General Information
Name: Afan Wintergreen.
Alias: Eldest Frost Goblin Brother
Alignment: Villain.

Appearance

Discription: Human-like, skin pigment of medium-deep green, bald, large ears, large nose, five foot five inches tall, wiry musculature, typically dressed in kilts and vests of brown wool, with leather belts, barefoot and known to carry nets capable of ensnaring prey as large as a fully grown deer.
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 143 pounds
Additional Information: Loyal to the Winter Court of Faerie.

Abilities

Powers:
Accurate Dropping and Throwing Skills.
Activate/Deactivate Portal Spell, within ten feet, opens or closes a dimensional portal location between the Earth dimension and the Faerie dimension.
Climbing Skill.
Conjure Ice Weapons (Ice Daggers, Ice Spears, Icicles), create a weapon of ice from water, snow or local humidity.
Detect Enchantment, can sense a active enchantment within thirty feet, unless it has a masking enchantment.
Detect Faeries, can sense the presence of other faeries within thirty feet, unless they have an active magical disguise.
Detect Faerie Portal, can sense the direction and the distance, up to a mile, to a working, active or inactive, dimensional portal to Faerie.
Detect Iron and Steel, can sense the presence of iron and steel objects within five feet.
Glamorous Mist Spell, in an area of a thirty foot/nineteen meter radius from the caster, the victims believes they are in a heavy mist or fog, with a clear visibility of only five feet. Objects farther away than five feet are unrecognizable shadows. The spell is resisted by a crown/circlet/helmet of iron or steel, or an Unglamorous Sight Spell (True Sight), Protection from Glamour Spell, or an area effect Dispell Glamour Spell.
Human Kind Spell, makes the faerie looks more human than faerie. Does not work when the fairie is unconscious.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.
Superior Night Sight, able to see clearly in low light conditions.
Unglamorous Sight Spell, protects the user-recipient from the effects of a faerie glamour-illusion spell for thirty minutes.
Weather Resistance, Bold In Cold Attribute, comfortable in temperatures as low as 0°F/-18°C

Drawbacks: Faerie Limitations. Cannot tell a direct lie. Cannot work magic when in direct contact with iron or steel. Continuous contact with iron or steel is painful and has a strength sapping effect on the faerie, making them half as strong as they normally are. Must honor all bargains and promises that they make.
Strengths: Physically Fit (as strong as an athletic human)
Weaknesses: Sensitivity to iron and steel.

personal Information

Personality: Crude, but honorable. like but not smothering.

Bio: Afan Wintergreen was the firstborn in his family of frost goblins. His parents spent time telling him things he was too young to understand, but as he grew, the familiar words soon made more sense as he grew. Among his lessons were responsiblity to his Queen and to his family. As each of his brothers were born, Afan vowed that he would be a good elder brother and mentor, which was not meaning that his younger siblings would coddled in any way.

As his brothers grew, Afan guided them. He encouraged them to each master some type of game or sport. He'd heard words to the effect of, "the family that plays together, stays together." As well as, "tussle with family and friends, fight with strangers".

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Afan and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Mission: To loyaly serve the Faerie Queen of Winter.

Dislikes Losing, The Overly Civilized.
Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 2/6, Chess = 3/6 , Darts = 1/6, Mills = 4/6, Poker = 6/6, Questions = 5/6.
Theme:(Optional)

General Information
Name: Bryn WinterGreen.
Alias: Second Eldest Frost Goblin Brother.
Alignment: Villains.

Appearance

Discription: Human-like, skin pigment of medium-deep green, bald, large ears, large nose, an average height of five feet, wiry musculature (elders may have a bit of a pot belly), typically dressed in kilts and vests of brown wool, with leather belts, barefoot and known to carry nets capable of ensnaring prey as large as a fully grown deer.
Height: 5’ 4”
Weight: 141 pounds

Abilities

Powers:
Activate/Deactivate Portal Spell, within ten feet, opens or closes a dimensional portal location between the Earth dimension and the Faerie dimension.
Climbing Skill.
Conjure Ice Weapons (Ice Daggers, Ice Spears, Icicles), create a weapon of ice from water, snow or local humidity.
Detect Faeries, can sense the presence of other faeries within thirty feet, unless they have an active magical disguise.
Detect Faerie Portal, can sense the direction and the distance, up to a mile, to a working, active or inactive, dimensional portal to Faerie.
Glamorous Mist Spell, in an area of a thirty foot/nineteen meter radius from the caster, the victims believes they are in a heavy mist or fog, with a clear visibility of only five feet. Objects farther away than five feet are unrecognizable shadows. The spell is resisted by a crown/circlet/helmet of iron or steel, or an Unglamorous Sight Spell (True Sight), Protection from Glamour Spell, or an area effect Dispell Glamour Spell.
Human Kind Spell, makes the faerie looks more human than faerie. Does not work when the fairie is unconscious.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.
Unglamorous Sight Spell, protects the user-recipient from the effects of a faerie glamour-illusion spell for thirty minutes.
Weather Resistance, Bold In Cold Attribute, comfortable in temperatures as low as 0°F/-18°C

Drawbacks: Faerie Limitations. Cannot tell a direct lie. Cannot work magic when in direct contact with iron or steel. Continuous contact with iron or steel is painful and has a strength sapping effect on the faerie, making them half as strong as they normally are. Must honor all bargains and promises that they make.

personal Information

Personality: Crude but honorable, willing to be in charge of the family but not in a hurry.

Bio: Bryn Wintergreen grew up knowing that his older brother was there for him if he ever ran into something he couldn't handle by himself. When Bryn had younger brothers, he followed Afan's example. Afan did something else for Bryn that Afan did not teach to the youngers and that was how to lead in case something went wrong and Afan died. Bryn had his own likes and dislikes, but he was still very much like the brother he was devoted to.

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Bryn and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 5/6, Chess = 2/6, Darts = 3/6, Mills = 1/6/, Poker = 4/6, Questions = 6/6.

General Information
Name: Conwy Wintergreen
Alias: Third Eldest Frost Goblin Brother.

Appearance

Discription: Human-like, skin pigment of medium-deep green, bald, large ears, large nose, an average height of five feet, wiry musculature (elders may have a bit of a pot belly), typically dressed in kilts and vests of brown wool, with leather belts, barefoot and known to carry nets capable of ensnaring prey as large as a fully grown deer.
Height: 5’ 3”
Weight: 138 pounds

Abilities

Powers:
Climbing Skill.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.

personal Information

Personality: Crude but honorable, happy-go-lucky.

Bio: Conwy Wintergreen was the third born Frost Goblin Brother and, so far, the most happy-go-lucky of the six brothers. He listened to his older brothers and generally took their orders without question, most of the time. Sociable enough, but sometimes he'd attempt to prank his brothers with the younger ones most susceptible and the elder ones mostly immune. Still, the family tolerated it enough and it had the practical effect of making the brothers practiced against deceptions and pranks.

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Conwy and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 6/6, Chess = 5/6, Darts = 2/6, Mills = 3/6, Poker = 1/6, Questions = 4/6.

General Information
Name: Derfel Wintergreen.
Alias: Third Youngest Frost Goblin Brother.

Appearance

Height: 5’ 1”
Weight: 135 pounds

Abilities

Powers:
Climbing Skill.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.

personal Information

Personality: Crude but honorable,

Bio: The fourth son in the family, Derfel Wintergreen, saw his eldest two brothers being serious, most of the time and decided that brother Cowyn had the right of it, a boy has to have some fun. Not that Afan and Bryn were no fun at all, but Derfel was glad to let them handle the heavy things. Sure, there was a time to be serious, but there was more to life than drudgery. Still, they were family and there was no one else Derfel would want to have his back in a tough situation.

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Derfel and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 4/6, Chess = 6/6, Darts = 5/6, Mills = 2/6, Poker = 3/6, Questions = 1/6.

General Information
Name: Ewan Wintergreen.
Alias: Second Youngest Frost Goblin Brother.

Appearance

Height: 5’ 0”
Weight: 133 pounds

Abilities

Powers:
Climbing Skill.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.

personal Information

Personality: Crude, but honorable.

Bio: Ewan Wintergreen was the fifth Frost Goblin Son and probably the least sociable and outgoing member of the family. He enjoyed being with his brothers and being part of the family, he just needed time to himself and just be quiet. However, give him some alcohol and stand back. With a drink in his hand and one under his belt he will wax poetic on about any subject and is nature's gift to the fairer sex. Afan and Bryn don't let him drink alcohol very often.

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Ewan and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 1/5, Chess = 4/6, Darts = 6/6, Mills = 5/6, Poker = 2/6, Questions = 3/6.

General Information
Name: Folant Wintergreen
Alias: Youngest Frost Goblin Brother.

Appearance

Average Height: 5’ 0”
Average Weight: 133 pounds

Abilities

Powers:
Climbing Skill.
Melee Weapons Skills.
Stealthy Movement Skill.

personal Information

Personality: Crude, but honorable. A bit of a Napoleon complex

Bio: The youngest of the six Wintergreen brothers, Folant is always in a hurry to show his older brothers that he is just as good as his elders. Afan and Bryn take advantage of this to get him to do what they think is best for him. Conwy and Derfel tease him for the fun of it. Ewan listens thoughtfully and offers good advice. Folant wants respect. Yes, it was hard to live up to the examples of the eldest and the middle brothers were pains, but they were family and Folant never felt like he didn't belong with them.

Things in Faerie changed after the humans and the Third World War. Faerie holdings in the human world were lost and assets disappeared. Hell did not care. The deal was the deal and the tithe would continue. To this end, Folant and his his brothers would go into the human world and regain what had been lost, as much as possible..., gold..., land..., and sacrifices.

Additional Information: Game Skills: Bowling = 4/5, Chess = 6/6, Darts = 5/6, Mills = 2/6, Poker = 3/6, Questions = 1/6.
Last edited by WhatsamattaU on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Dang, WhatsamattaU. How long did it take to make all those apps?

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Talchyon wrote:Dang, WhatsamattaU. How long did it take to make all those apps?

Off and on, a couple of weeks. Cy would NOT take TOTALLY IDENTICAL characters and needed a little fine tuning.

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:38 pm

Wintergreen Brothers are accepted.

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Robosia wrote:Wintergreen Brothers are accepted.

BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!!!!

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:21 pm

Commencing retag...Retag complete.
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:14 am

New mission is up. So now we have an alien in Egypt.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:46 am

Robosia wrote:New mission is up. So now we have an alien in Egypt.

Sweet! I will get a post up, hopefully soon. (Busy day tomorrow, and today I have some things to get to. But I'll send Weinkauf to Egypt - because, why not.

I also might take an Egyptian slant to Richard's powers this arc.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:46 am

Robosia wrote:New mission is up. So now we have an alien in Egypt.

Sweet! I will get a post up, hopefully soon. (Busy day tomorrow, and today I have some things to get to. But I'll send Weinkauf to Egypt - because, why not.

I also might take an Egyptian slant to Richard's powers this arc.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse