NATION

PASSWORD

Johrua - A Fantasy Faction Sandbox [IC • Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 pm

January 26, NE1190
8:35AM

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Kaledoria wrote:-

"Ah, you're here."

With Illuminatus Mikhael Ariel alone in the garden with him, Interior Secretary Junis emerged from the shadows of the almost neurotically-trimmed shrubs and the statues of previous emperors decorating the garden.

"Do forgive me for this most sudden request", said Junis, as he strode towards the Illuminatus and planted himself firmly beside the significantly taller man, raising his head and breathing in the cool morning air. "You appeared to be a suitable recruit for something that I've been meaning to plan as of late. Everything we say here stays off the record, understood?"

The Interior Secretary removed his glasses, wiped them, and then perched them back on his beak-like nose.

"Firstly", he began, still not making eye contact with the Illuminatus, his own eyes kept peeled for unwanted guests, "I have been considering an invasion of the Royal Confederation for at least a decade now. We all know they've been a constant thorn in our side. However, we could not, because being a bastard's not a crime in itself. There has been no legitimate reason to openly declare war on them... until now, that is.

"Of course, the problem is that there are very... inconvenient people in the Central Council. People who would rather give up pieces of our land to the warmongers of the South until there is nothing left of our Empire. People whom I would very much like to eliminate."

Junis chuckled ominously.

"As Interior Minister, I control the Imperial Court of the Johrid Empire", he continued, his deep, raspy, nasal voice suddenly darkening even further, as if he were trying to hide something from the heavens, "but there is a certain level beyond which I cannot act upon, without proper reason. And for that, I will need your help.

"If you're in... I'll let you in on more information."

Naval Monte wrote:-

"Thank you for coming, Your Majesty", said Nihei, shaking hands with Morgan. "Don't worry about the soldiers... they are here for security purposes. There have been assassinations at funerals in the past."

Nihei beckoned to Morgan to follow, as he returned to where his younger brother Narin stood, watched over by the kind (if almost entirely hapless) Acting Chairman Dahmon Roquilas, who also made for Queen Morgan to shake her hand and offer his (almost sincere) thanks for her attending the ceremony.

THE KINGDOM OF HAJERUS
ჰაერუსეთის სამეფო

To the Secretariat of War of the Johrid Empire,

It is with utmost disapproval that we regard your request for the Kingdom of Hajerus to pledge its troops to the defence of the southern Johrid border.

The Kingdom of Hajerus has always abided by the Pact of Jun, signed in NE771, and has kept its military within the limits imposed by the central government in Eunau. As a result, we have had to pursue a vastly limited foreign policy, especially with the nations of the north, due to our limited capacity for self-defence.

To request troops from our already limited forces to protect a border to which we have no relation is an unacceptable and unreasonable request. As such, we are hereby refusing to comply with the orders of Eunau to dispatch troops to the Johrid-Cantarellian border.

Yours Sincerely,

MORA DARCHISURI
მოურა დარჭისური
Chief of the Royal Hajerusian Armed Forces

Countersigned
ATHEL NILESSURI
ათელ ნილესური
Chancellor of the Kingdom of Hajerus

Countersigned
PALLA ANASTASSURI
პალა ანასტასური
Crown Princess of the Kingdom of Hajerus
Last edited by Ihury on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:46 pm

January 26, NE1190
8:35AM

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

The queen extended her hand to shake Nihei's. As he explained why the soldiers were here it sounded like a logical explanation yet a part of her can't shake this nagging feeling that there was more going on. "How terrible, to try and use a tragic day for bloodshed." What Morgan left out was the fact that in Carim a few funerals had assassination attempts done to influential members in the past, some succeeding.

Morgan pushed those thoughts in the back of her head as she followed Nihei to meet with Narin and Dahmon. The woman shook hands with both. "Thank you, it's nice meeting you two." She said with a sweet tone in her melodious voice. "Sorry that none of you can't see my face now. I've worn this for so long that it sometimes feels like my second face." The queen would remove her mask and give it to one of her guards. "I must admit that some of my countrymen were surprised that you invited us to both the funeral and coronation." She said. "Our nation has been both secretive and reclusive when it comes to other nations, how you were sure we would respond to your message?"
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:19 am

From the moment that the masked man from the mysterious land of the Carimian Commonwealth entered the room, Mordralia’s eyes - oft filled with nothing more and nothing less than scientific curiosity - lit up with genuine curiosity. The allure of mysterious masked man was an attraction not lost to Mordralia. As the man neared closer, and his mother’s avatar watched silently, not at all taken aback at his obvious interest in the man, Mordralia let a grin break onto his face. Asa wasn’t sure if he was interested in the man or the magicks of the man’s nation.

“Greetings, visitor.” Mordralia said simply, giving a curt bow. He gave a soft laugh at the man’s question, shaking his head.

“Do you always confuse the avatar of the mother of people you’re just meeting for simple tools?” Mordralia asked, teasingly. He wasn’t offended. Most people weren’t used to how the Jotnar had to interact with others.

“Shrinking is not yet universally used amongst my species. I’m the first Jotnar to be this size through methods able to be easily replicated by my kin.” Mordralia said. Asa seemed thoroughly amused, a small half-smile playing on her lips. It was more of a smirk, really.

“In general, I am over 65 feet tall.” Asa’s avatar said. Ahklin was snickering at the man, and not in a friendly way, either. He was always a bit of a dick. Asa saw an opportunity there, but didn’t take the moment to mention Ahklin’s confusion of a royal child for a dwarven man.

“Please forgive my associate. I am Asa Vernu af Klan Atholkind, High Queen of Jotnarheim.” She said.

Freyja Military Research Laboratory,
Somewhere in Jotnarheim

Somewhere deep in Jotnarheim there rested the Freyja Military Research Laboratory, one of several institutions of its kind within the Federation of Jotnarheim, under the watch of the government’s Ministry of War Science. Currently amongst the numerous projects of Jotnarheim was an ongoing study at Freyja on the potential to harness Shal Stones, named after the magick void species to the north of Jotnarheim, past the grand protectorate’s large mountain range - the largest after that of the Goblin’s. The installation was identifying different varieties of Shal Stones, and work on creating an artificial variant had gone on with some mild successes, but the real goal was creating a Shal Stone variant that combined the attributes of each Shal Stone in a manner that could be controlled through some method, which would allow the Shal Stone wielders to do far more than simply negate magic. Successfully weaponizing the Shal Stone could alter the routes that Jotnarheim went with warfare, but the Grand Protectorate worried that their studies wouldn’t get anywhere without the assistance of the Shal - whom would likely feel more ‘at home’ working on the Shal Stones, and whom could probably produce effects able to be replicated by Jotnarheim. At the very least, a new trade or research partner could come out of such a thing.

Researcher’s Log: The experimentation with the Shal Stones extracted from the mines of Jotnarheim have gone well. They can be manipulated with life-force or machinery to achieve various effects that can cancel out, counteract, or dampen magical presence, as well as achieve interesting effects on the biology of other beings. The Shal Stones, if properly weaponized, could prove to be disastrous to enemies whom rely almost entirely on magic. However, the willingness of Jotnarheim to use the Shal Stones on the battlefield is questionable, as the number of magic users in the military is rather high for a nation with at least one entire race incapable of using magic. So far, the use of the Shal Stones on the battlefield remains purely theoretical unless some sort of elite special force that primarily engage magic users, alongside others, is created, with this force likely to operate separately from other forces in Jotnarheim. A request for information about the possibility of such an elite special force will be waiting for the High Queen upon her return.

A request would also be sent to bring Shal researchers onto the project, though it would probably be veiled with a request for military equipment if it got to the point that the Emperor was spoken to.
Last edited by Greater Loralia on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm

House of Culture "Nshal'Ynt", Shal'Yoshan
Jan. 26, NE1190

Upon a field of bloody sand, the two combatants circled eachother, surrounded by the frenzied chanting of their compatriots, the frantic beating of great skin-covered drums permeating through their very beings. The Cult of Death's great round House of Culture, after a long day of festivities, was wonderfully saturated with the coppery, slightly burnt smell of the Shal death process, the mortal combat within it's central stadium having reached it's climax, all participators save two perished in the name of Nshal'Nshal. One was Tlu'Jen, a Death Cultist of the 4th Order, well respected and known across Shal'Shalda - the other, Xe'Llha, interim Chair of the Cultural Committee, Pride Cultist of the 2nd Order and Death of the 1st. A formidable opponent by any measure, and one whom the crowd, whipped into a frenzied bloodlust, had thrown their full support upon. Nonetheless, as Tlu'Jen drew his Westblade up over his shoulder, he knew without doubt he would be victorious - Pride Cultists had no monopoly on assurance in one's own abilities after all.

"Die, die, die!" The Shal chant, screeched from a thousand mouths in perfect harmony, resounded with Tlu'Jen's very being. "Die, die and become as Gods!" Xe'Llha's lips - a rare trait among Shal - drew into an impossibly wide grin, his dark, whiteless eyes sparkling with boundless exuberance, anticipation of the Final Discovery. They both knew who would learn-the-last this day. With a screech of joy, Tlu'Jen rushed forwards, kicking up clots of blood-soaked sand, thrusting straight for the soft gut of his opponent. Xe'Llha pivoted to avoid the strike, bringing his Shalsword up into where he anticipated Tlu'Jens chest-joint would arrive. Tlu swept his own blade up, deflecting Xe'Llha's sword, and promptly smashed his thickly armored skull into his opponents middle, throwing the lithe Shal into a frantic, uncoordinated backpedal. Tlu'Jen stumbled backwards himself - the elder's spine had proved tougher than anticipated.

Using his sword to support himself, Xe'Llha found his bearing, wiping a rivulet of coolblood from his chin. The crowd's screaming had devolved into a an incoherent, animalistic screech, so loud Tlu'Jen barely heard Xe'Llha shouting over it. "Near impressive, for a worm. I am almost brought excitement. Yes!"

"Mmmm. You almost tough, for a plantbrain. Shed Coolblood like Shal'Ghal, though. Humorous." Tlu'Jen got back into stance, and once more burst forwards, his Westblade now low at his side. Grunting, Xe'Llha flipped his longsword up into position and moved to block Tlu'Jens upswing. Instead of ringing against fine Shal steel, however, Xe'Llha's sword found only the tough bone of Tlu'Jens forearm. Only barely registering the pain of having a longsword slice off part of his arm, Tlu'Jens brought his blade up into the unprotected middle of Xe'Llha, feeling a rush of joy as it slid effortless through soft flesh and, with a slight tug of resistance, right through his opponents spine and out the other end. The bisected Committee Chair took a single step backwards, staring down at sea of cool- and hotblood now flowing down his torso, his face locked in a satisfied smile.

"Oh, Creator above..." The top half of what had been Xe'Llha slid down, falling into the sand and letting forth a heap of stinking guts, followed shortly by the legs. With little time to spare, Tlu'Jens shoved his hand into the gory cavity, grasping for his prize and finding it in short order - the hotheart, filling and burning his 3-fingered fist, was extracted with a pleasant squelch. The crowd had gone silent. Tlu'Jens lifted the organ, still rapidly beating and spewing out vibrant red hotblood, over his head.

"Xe'Llha has made the Final Discovery, left our world. Soon we, all Shal, will meet Xe'Llha again. Until then I shall use his strength upon Shunda. Praise to Xe'Llha! Praise to Nhal'Nhal! Praise to Death!" Tlu'Jens shouted praises were echoed by the audience, and as he shoved the searing hotheart into his mouth, they once more resumed their frenzied noisemaking, celebrating the conclusion of the Festival. A tall, round headed Shal in the many-colored robes of the Committee made his way down from the chaotic stands, dropping down onto the sandy arena floor. He glanced upwards towards the great concrete dome above and muttered something under his breath. As Tlu'Jen swallowed the rubbery heart, the Committeeshal made his way over.

"In the way of humans, you have proven yourself late Xe'Llha's better. Impressed." The round headed Shal looked over Tlu'Jen with his human-y eyes. "Although not Noble, you have assumed his rank in the Cult of Death, as is Culture. As the Death Cultist of the First Order, you are privileged a seat on Committee of Cultural Advancement, if you wish it." Tlu'Jen fell to his knees and bowed his head, a human expression of reverence and surrender.

"I accept your offer, Humanish. Most honored to be on the Committee. Excited. Joyful." The Committeeshal gave Tlu'Jen a small smile.

"Good. The Longest-Loyal has need for man of your sort. He will have assignment upon his return." Tlu'Jen nodded gratefully, rising back up to his feet. The Committeeshal looked him over again. "I am Nz'Xhe, interim Chair now that Xe'Llha has perished. Do not disappoint me."

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:38 pm

A quite corner in the Palace Garden
Meeting between Illuminatus Mikhael Ariel and Interior Secretary Junis

"I share your opinion on the first part," Mikhael answered, "the Confederation has increased it's military to a point that is unsustainable on the long run unless the war machinery pays for itself by conquest. And the aggressive language used by their leaders does not create the appearance that they would stop after a small landgain. The Order has some members in Cantarella, nothing big, just two or three members in the major cities each and some of them have apprentices. We had hoped, Cantarella would direct their ambitions towards Yuhan but it seams, they view our Empire as the weaker target. Anyway, Only a fool would think those warmongers would stop, unless they are forced to." Mikhael realized he needed to stay more on point. The rest of Junis revelation needed more carefully picked words.

"To the second point, I don't see, what we have to gain from invading them. Yes we should fight them and give them no land. Maybe force them into reparations that would make their current level of militarization impossible right away but we should not try to conquer them in return. They would make poor subjects for our Emperor-to-be.

Which takes me to the most treacherously sounding part of your offer," Mikhael spoke it out directly. He wasn't a moral man but he disliked pretentious people, that schemed and backstabbed but hid behind pretty euphemisms. "And I think the Central Council is needed right now. Stability in the Council is needed. I don't even want to hear, which of them you want to eliminate but I know that they all have allies and friends. And rivals that will become your rivals if you tried to seize their authority. No, sudden deaths in the Council would clearly shatter the Empire in times like that. And I'm not just speaking of the War, there is also the matter of the Regency that ... is expected to check and balance our young, hot-blooded monarch for the next years.

So no, it's a questionable honor for me, that you considered me trustworthy enough to be your co-conspirator but I think you should rather try to convince your 'inconvenient' people over to your side rather then weakening the nation by 'eliminating' them." Mikhael thought about his own words, just after he spoke them. While he had thought of good, old-fashioned diplomacy, when he had said "convince", was this really necessary? Of course, it was more then likely all the members of the Central Council were warded against hostile magic (especially mind-control) just like all the high ranking members of the Order were - maybe even better. But who was in charge of those wards and abjurations? He eyed Junis carefully. How smart exactly did he consider this small man? Mikhael worded his final answer as honest as the situation allowed it: "Of course, if you have considered my points already and have a good solution for it, then that is something we can talk about, in that case continue. If you thing, that there are some risky parts in your plan, or a step that says 'Here we just hope, that the backlash will be manageable' then you better convince me, that you will put that plan, whatever it is, on hold until you have found a solution and with that, we depart like this conversation never happened."
Last edited by Kaledoria on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:17 pm

Palace of the Straits
Eunau
The Empire of Johrua

January 26, NE1190

Voss entered the area where the various diplomats, dignitaries, and nobles—both local and foreign—were gathering. He was wearing the funeral crown, which was a slightly dimmer gold and had deep red gemstones upon it. His suit was more concealing than the standard mode of dress (this wasn't a tropical island anymore, let alone the fact that High Elf standards of dress were far more liberal than Johrid culture would allow) he was used to, but that was fine. It was dark red, except for the black shirt that went with the tie.

It looked almost like a business suit more than a funeral outfit, but as it was hastily made for this occasion, it wasn't like he had much else to wear. His sister, Daliah, was wearing a deep red colored dress that clung to her form easily, and didn't drape much further down below her knees. It didn't allow much else to be exposed, which was about as conservative as a dress could get from Vedra. He saw the to-be Emperor along with others watching over the ceremony, and approached with a soft step.

“Greetings, Your Graciousness,” Voss spoke softly, his voice barely above a whisper. He knew the to-be Emperor would likely hear him, “I am Prince Voss Thu'tan, of the Kingdom of Vedra. I believe this is our first formal meeting—it is regrettable that it had to come under such saddening circumstances. I am most sorry for your loss, Your Graciousness.”

Voss bowed his head respectfully, a slight inclination to the young future ruler of Johrua. Daliah curtseyed, polite as ever.

“And I am Princess Daliah Thu'tan. I am truly sorry for your loss. The Queen spoke very highly of him; it is saddening that he is gone,” Daliah spoke to the young man, her voice sympathetic. It was always ‘The Queen’ when one spoke of Mother to foreign monarchs or dignitaries; calling her ‘Mother’ was a taboo best left undone, “If there is anything that I- we can do, Your Graciousness, please let us know.”

Voss waited for the young and future Emperor's reply...

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:33 pm

January 26, NE1190
8:38AM

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

The V O I D wrote:-

“Well, yes, I was wondering about that...” Nihei said to Morgan, sizing up the lady once again after she took off her mask. It was as if she had become an entirely different person altogether, somehow, by removing that which had obscured her oddly charming visage.

Upon the arrival of the elves, Nihei quickly whirled about to greet them.

"Ah, the Vedra. Welcome to Eunau." Nihei cordially smiled at the Elven prince and princess, shaking their hands firmly and looking them deep in the eyes. "It is my honour to host you here today."

Nihei's greeting was promptly followed up by greetings from the little Prince Narin and the rather clueless-looking Chairman Dahmon Roquilas, who was the only one tall enough to speak to the elves without having to look up or tiptoe.

"Our two countries' destinies are intertwined by geographical proximity", said Roquilas vaguely. "I wish all your people the best for the future. And... and I look forward to working closer with you."

In the back, Nihei quietly stepped over to the coffin, casting another quiet look at the embalmed body of his father lying within, his face, for once, at peace. Free of the court politics, free of the rot. And yet, there was something about the way the old man's eyelids lay closed that put Nihei at unease. Something about the way he lay asleep that suggested it was a fitful, nightmarish slumber, and not eternal rest.

As if the body knew of something that was about to happen.

Kaledoria wrote:-

"I understand your concerns", Junis replied to Illuminatus Mikhael, with a foreboding, ghostly smile. He made to say more, but eventually chose not to. "As you said: we shall speak of this no more, Until such time as you are comfortable doing so, or as circumstances deem it to be necessary."

Without another word, the Interior Secretary doffed his hat to the Illuminatus, and then quietly exited the Stone Garden, as quietly and discreetly as he had entered.
Last edited by Ihury on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 pm

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Amadeus's eyebrow arched slightly when Mordralia told him that the supposed golem was in fact an avatar of his mother. "No, in fact not many chose to create avatars save for those who are paranoid or extremely busy to meet someone in person, even then most don't send out doppelgangers to events like this, most of the times they are sent to deal with minor affairs." He respond back. Thinking that the woman who was in Mordalia's mother's form was an artificial life form either made to act like her or has a magical bond where his actual mother can control the copy.

"I'm sorry for confusing your mother for a golem, she just reminded me of the ones from back home." He explained himself. He could hear the teasing tone but he figured it was best to apologize now encase they turn out to be a future ally. When Mordralia said what his kind was and Asa explained what was her actual size the prince and princess were both shock. "65 feet tall!" Both exclaimed. "How do you manage to move and not collapse under your weight? Our own golems and chimeras have a limit on how tall we can make them until their own height and weight becomes an issue that drastically affects their performance and bodies?" The prince asked her, now curious on how Jotnar manage to get around the height barrier.

"Do you mind telling us more about your people and nation? I believe we don't know much about the Jotnar sace for a few stories our merchants, scholars, and sorcerers told us but I think some of their stories might be exaggerations and rumors." Hilda said. The prince soon asked one of the servants to fetch him and his sister some drinks. "Would you want anything to drink?" He asked the Jotnars. The shadow warriors acting as servants moved away from the true servants and began to blend in within the crowd to overhear conversations and gather useful information for the queen.

The queen gave Nihei a smile. "Let me guess, you feel as though I have casted a spell to change my visage haven't you?" The woman covered her lips as she ket out chuckle. "I've gotten that same reaction before. As the queen of Carim I wear that mask for it has the visage of one of our representative animals. More importantly it is enchanted to offer me some protection and to act as a catalyst for my magic. So because of both it's practical use and ceremonial importance I never go anywhere without it. Actually I wear it more than my crown now that I think of it." She admitted, mentioning the absence of her crown.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:31 am

Illuminatus Mikhael returned to his men. He took the three great masters of the arts and his bodyguard into into into confidence: "This Junis is a dangerous and ambitions man. He wanted me in some plot to get members of the Central Council out of the way, that do not support a full fledged war against Cantarella. When he asked me whether I would like to co-conspire - without giving me any more details - I basically said that I will only support a smart plan that is good for the Empire and if his plan is stupid he can keep it to himself - I did not use those words. Anyway, I don't know, whether I was not ruthless enough or not risk-happy enough for him but my answer was enough for him to let it at vague allusions and leave. Anyway, if I get murdered in the next weeks, it was probably him you can set up a revenge fund in that case." Mikhael was joking, though his morbid humor was not exactly the taste of the other men. "Anyway, I think our young liege handled himself well earlier. Quite straightforward and honest in his action but the common soldier likes such traits in a leader, especially in wartime. As long as he remains open to advice when his inexperience becomes a matter, then I'd say we should try to get back on his good side."

The others chuckled sarcastically and Grand Alchemist Hayim spoke it out: "Well, your earlier display probably did not help with that." - "Maybe, put I feel like he will forgive me, once we present him a linked divination pond, they have the materials for that here in the local Order branch. Oh and we should sent a call out to our members in the Confederation, that they better break all links to us or leave their land immediately, unless they want to risk getting suspected as spies."

Meanwhile, Magister Enmerkar had split off from the group. Taking a break from Politics for now, he decided to take the opportunity to further his studies. However, since experimental studies could sometimes get dangerous, he first prepared the Anchor-Mark for a quick escape spell in a secluded corner of the palace perimeter. The Dragonborn had not reached the mature age of 242 by taking unnecessary risks. That done he once again approached the Dragons. On his way he cast a second spell, a rare one, that most arcane scholars would probably describe as rather useless.
Enmerkar was not just an expert on Braxia and Taewae, he knew all the Draconinc dialects, including the oldest one. Archaic Dragonic was a dialect spoken by only a couple of people at all, since the proper pronunciation significantly exceeded the vocal range of most species, including humans. Even Dragonborn only came close but with the spell that extended his voice into the very low frequencies, Enmerkar could properly pronounce it. And once he stood right next to them, he spoke to the dragons of Nishikuni in a low, powerful voice, unintelligible to most around him: "Look at you, mighty beasts from the northern woods. Well trained riding animals, you let the humans mount you like they own you. Do you even remember, when your kin flew through the sky in the shadow of the True Dragons, living Gods of both unsurpassed in physical and arcane might? No you don't do you?" He almost whispered the last question, it was like an echo at the edge of the audible spectrum. The Magister did not expect an answer from the Dragons but he did wonder, whether the voice of their ancestors' masters would cause an instinctual reaction in these Dragons.
Last edited by Kaledoria on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Palace of the Straits,
Eunau, Johrid Empire

“Ancient Jotnar were capable of actively manipulating their own gravity fields. While most of us have lost the ability and others replicate it through magic, our gravity fields are still passively manipulated. Jotnar are also capable of selectively manipulating our density, which works quite well against weight magick, including illusions.” Mordralia said.

“We can’t, uh, teach you our gravity field spells, however.” Modralia said.

“Certain magicks in our society are safe-guarded.” He said.

“Though, for you, masked man, I wish they weren’t.” Mordralia said, grinning at the man again, rather warmly.

The grandmistress had an eye on several of the servants, and once they started to move around, entering and eavesdropping on conversations, her avatar form turned to the prince with a slight squint, but she said nothing.

“None for our avatars.” Asa said.

Mordralia had yet to drink anything other than water while shrunk. It’s for the safety of others, right? That, and getting closer to the Prince.

“Of course, Prince Amadeus.” Mordralia said.

“What would you like to know?” Asa asked. The other Jotnar seemed relatively silent. That was probably because they were talking outside, and doing more than listening in two conversations, while not difficult for those experienced with avatars, could lead to unwanted distraction. It was simply more effort than it was worth at this point. Unlike the Carimians they currently had no need for spying, the Grandmistress of the Society of the Valravn noted.

Outside the Palace

Asa’s head shot towards the direction of the draconic speak. She couldn’t hear it, but she could feel it. It felt familiar - like something out of one of her grimoires. She shook her head. Asa was probably mistaken, so she went back to reading. The True Dragons were dead. The Jotnar had killed them all.
Last edited by Greater Loralia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Palace of the Straits,
Eunau, Johrid Empire

The two royal siblings surprised to hear that they once possessed a power they once lost and the other powers to manage their height and weight, yet the news that this power was replicated by magic and was being kept a secret was not much of a surprise despite it being disappointing for them. After all, Carim has a few magical rituals and formulas they would want not want to become known to the other nations.

When Mordralia smiled at Amadeus the prince smiled, not thinking much behind his statement other than him wanting to be generous. Hilda on the other hand gave the Jotnar prince an odd look and look at her brother, wondering if her brother wasn't suspecting what she was thinking about the foreign prince? When Mordralia requested a drink the two siblings stayed their request for whatever wines were around. After a few minutes the servants return with the drinks.

Tasting the wines the two siblings were pleased with the taste. "Nics to know the quality of the empire's wines isn't fading away like them." The prince said in a jesting tone. "I think it's best to start with the basics first." Amadeus said. "What is your nation and what is it like and some more information about your people. Like how is your culture, religions, government, and your magic. If you want maybe you can tell us more about your anatomy because I have to wonder how your metabolism work and how much you consume to get the necessary energy to live?" The prince questioned.

From the queen's side a few disguised servants quietly moved away to begin eavesdropping in other conversations. Morgan looked at the elves was taken aback by their otherworldly beauty of these elves, them being so tall also surprised her somewhat. "By the gods those elves are real!" She uttered in amazement, having heard stories about them but never seeing them in the flesh until now. As the chairman greeted them the queen was beginning to look for representatives from countries close to Carim. She found the goblins whom she was aware of, but due to the mountains both people rarely interacted with each other. The queen ponder on whether to speak to them or not, to see if any deals can be made with them?

For now the queen turned her attention to the newly arrived party. “Vedra, I heard stories of the elves there being as extraordinary beautiful and powerful in magic, so much so that some believe they don't belong to this world. I see the stories are true in the important parts. I'm curious on your relation with the empire?” she asked, testing their reactions if she can forge new deals with these elves.

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Palace of the Straits,
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Mordralia noticed the odd look, and quirked a brow, shrugging softly.

“I know it’s odd talking to a man surrounded by Jotnar made living stone, but I’m sure you and your brother will get used to it, eventually. I think we’re going to be getting along quite well.” He said.

Mordralia sipped at his wine, and then sighed.

“My Prince, I’m sure you’ll be getting to know all those things soon enough. Let’s start slow, yeah? I can’t give away everything. You’d leave too soon, and your company is enjoyable.” He said.

“Perhaps after the funeral we can discuss my nation further, but, uh, to answer your first concern, Jotnarheim is a Federation that allied with Johrua and joined it as a Grand Protectorate after an economic crash. It has existed since the Age of Giants.” He said.

“For now, we live in the age of man.” Mordralia said, smiling softly.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Johhrid-Cantarellian border, 26th January NE 1190, Confederate Year 350

Aboard the heavy airship Elysion, crew members were running around the bridge reading bearings and receiving sighting reports as some charted a path on the map. They had to be careful not to cut into other borders such as the nearby kingdom. The observation deck so far was just a small glass canopy covered section with some openings sealed for telescopes. Men in the small cramped canopy would usually look around via telescope, charting out paths on maps and giving reports on enemy sightings and any natural obstructions in the path.

The fleet was currently constituting most of the Confederation's forward striking fleet of airships, with nearly 100 ships of mainly the Cygnus flying. Of course most might not make it but the amount of payload should be more than enough to send a message and damage efforts. As Hanford stood at the bridge, charting the map and attempting to see past the fog, an alert suddenly came in from the communication deck via the communication systems, really just magic crystals interlinking each ship together attached to a frame to enhance it's range or at least try to. Enemy ship dead ahead, a frigate.

In between the main fleet and the forward force, there was a roughly 60 km stop gap. The ships had launched earlier before the storm set it but were also caught in it, at least until they caught sight. Moving forward slowly, the crew prepared the artillery units as the ships readied to turn to broadside upon being sighted.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Jorid Empire

"That isn't too odd. We spoke around golems and homunculi, so we have a high tolerance for what most would consider weird." Hilda replied, keeping a straight face behind her veil. She spin her glass slowly as she watched the other prince, wondering what he was planning with her brother.

Amadeus felt somewhat embarrassed over the amount of questions asked but was able to quickly suppress any signs of him feeling that way. "I apologize, my curiosity got the better of me. I see, I'm surprised your nation has been around for so long and is still thriving even after a catastrophe like that. I'm impressed." Amadeus said, he genuine in his feelings towards the ancient nation.

"It seems your nation and mines has some similarity as both our nations have federations. Is your monarch still chosen by heredity means or are they elected into the throne?" The prince asked as he took a sip of his wine.

"My nation use to border with a region of the empire before it broke away and became independent. While your people seem to enjoy being a part of the empire most people from my home would have a vastly different opinion if we were in your position. You see, we enjoy our sovereignty too much to give it away even if we were put in a difficult situation. Especially sense most of us fear that much on what makes us who we are will be suppressed or worse erased if we became a part of some larger empire." He explained.

"Especially sense some of our ancestors left the old empire, I'm sure they spirits would loathe for their descendants to be incorporated back into the empire." Hilda stated after putting down her veil after getting a sip of the wine while her brother was talking.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:48 am

January 26, NE1190
9:00AM

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

"Distinguished delegates... Your Highnesses..."

The moment the clock tower of the Imperial Palace beside the Palace of the Straits struck its ninth blow at the turn of the hour, an Imperial Paladin clad in ceremonial rather than duty uniform took to the balcony and, in a loud voice, called for the attention of the delegates who had come to Eunau for the processions.

"The Imperial Family of the Johrid Empire would like to extend its deepest gratitude to each and every one of you here today", declared the Paladin officer, taking care to make eye contact with Crown Princess Valerie (on the orders of Nihei). "Before the funeral commences tomorrow, we would like to escort you to the guesthouses in which you may stay for the duration of the proceedings."

With that, a number of other (very lightly armed) Paladins in ceremonial uniform complete with full regalia appeared from inside the palace, several of them approaching each individual delegation and offering to bring them to the guesthouses.

"We will do all that is necessary to ensure that Your Excellencies have a comfortable stay in Eunau."

In the same Stone Garden in which Junis had met with Illuminatus Ariel, Foreign Secretary Hrustan Thalbraas was having a clandestine meeting of his own, with the Hajerusian delegation and the meaty Secretary of the Treasury Machisuri.

"I'm gonna need your help", said Thalbraas, keeping his usually thundering loud voice as quiet as possible. "As all of you probably know by now, there are certain members of the Central Council who are... you know what I mean... too big for their britches."

Deputy Chancellor Zurab Phrangulisuri raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not talking about the Cantarellian ultimatum", he said, aware that by now, the message that Princess Valerie had brought to him and Nihei had become something of an open secret. "This is a matter that concerns only the Johrid Empire and its constituents, and I'm talking about forming a coalition, to vote against someone, who's out of control."

"Wait, wait, wait..." Machisuri stopped Thalbraas halfway through. "Who are you-"

"Euradjajan Junis", spat Thalbraas, in a manner that suggested that even saying the man's name brought to him an intensity of anger comparable to the sudden explosion of a long-dormant volcano. "That asshole... he needs to be stopped, and if we don't do it, then the thing that'll put him out of power will be the collapse of our empire."

"That's not-"

"Istelnik is already on my side on this", said Thalbraas. "We only need to-"

"What are you blathering about, Hrustan?" Machisuri said. "We don't need this factionalism at a time when the Emperor has just died."

"Factionalism? That's what you're concerned about?"

Thalbraas tiptoed and pointed his finger straight in Machisuri's face.

"You wanna know who's into factionalism? Ask the man who brought the Illuminatus of the Orderlands into this garden an hour ago for a private chat. Ask the man who... who had your fucking predecessor executed on trumped-up treason charges and hung by the balls from a lamppost. Ask the man who's probably plotting to have us all killed right now!"

Machisuri's face darkened and warped into a mask of deep fear and anxiety.

"You have my fullest support, Hrustan", said Phrangulisuri. “The-“

"I'm sorry, I won't do it."

The very moment the words left Machisuri's mouth, Admiral Surtrsuri seized the Treasury Secretary by the collars.

"Amon Machisuri, you were born in Alsebin, but how dare call yourself a Hajerusian", he hissed in barely concealable indignation, "when you'd rather side with the man who wants to deprive Hajerus of its autonomy!"

"No, no, it's not that", whimpered Machisuri, averting his gaze from the Hajerusian admiral. "It's just... no, I cannot..."

"Let him go", said Thalbraas calmly to Surtrsuri, patting him on the shoulder. Then, looking at Machisuri, he continued. "Amon Machisuri, with or without your help, I will see to it that Euradjajan Junis never becomes Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers. I will see to it that he is held accountable for his sins. He is responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people and the wrongful imprisonment of-"

"Hrustan", Machisuri tearfully said, his voice cracking, "we all are."

Thalbraas scowled and, casting a venomous glare at the Secretary of the Treasury, who hung his head in shame, beckoned to the Hajerusians and stormed out of the Stone Garden.

January 26, NE1190
10:30AM

Dort Haswe Castle (Headquarters of the Imperial Committee for Internal Security)
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Shortly after the Emperor-to-be had begun greeting his guests, Interior Secretary Junis had quietly taken his leave of the reception proceedings and returned to the headquarters of his secret police forces, a deceptively welcoming-looking castle in the government district, just a twenty-minute walk away from the Imperial Palace.

Over the course of his 27 years in the Central Council, a tenure longer than any Interior Secretary since the first Central Council was formed in NE441 during the reign of Arvid I Yudin the Golden, Euradjajan Junis had spared no effort in building on the efforts of the preceding Interior Secretaries to consolidate the power of the position. He started by eliminating the previous two secretaries; Interior Secretary Valignamu Tal, who had served from 1165 to 1170, was hanged in 1177 on charges of treason and lese-majeste, and Interior Secretary Nisteros Akhrusuri, who served from 1170 to 1173 before being demoted and replaced by Junis, was fired from the government completely on insubordination charges in 1178, and then found three days later in his private bathhouse with two daggers skewering his skull.

The position of Interior Secretary was a poisoned chalice, but Junis had gladly drunk it and survived.

In effect, with the Interior Secretariat controlling the judicial apparatus and secret police services of the Johrid Empire, Euradjajan Junis was first among equals in the Central Council of Ministers, holding significant sway over such departments as the Labour Secretariat and the Treasury. The only political threats for Junis, thus, came from two directions: the Emperor himself, whom he sought to bring under his thumb, and the departments of state associated with the Foreign Secretariat led by the vulgar and boorish Hrustan Thalbraas.

I spend every waking hour of mine trying to silence the enemies of our nation, he once wrote in his diary, but I can’t seem to do a thing to dent the overinflated ego of that prattling potato.

Underneath the magnificent red granite exterior of Dort Haswe Castle lay a massive network of bunkers and dungeons, commissioned during the bloody reign of Nihei V Anamuna, but put to full use only upon the appointment of Secretary Junis to the Central Council. The dungeons, used to house and interrogate political prisoners deemed to be of the greatest threat to the government, were known to be an impenetrable stronghold, from which no man, having gone in, had ever lived to see the light of day again, and the names “Dort Haswe” and “Euradjajan Junis” had both come to be hated and feared in equal measure, symbols of the all-seeing eye of the state that gazed almost seemingly independently of the imperial throne.

The roof of the castle, however, proved to be a surprisingly cheery dining location, and Junis had spared no effort to decorate it as such, out of his own pocket.

(As much as he terrorised the Johrid Empire from the top down, there was one thing Junis was not, and that was dishonest; never had he stolen a single ounce of gold from the government’s coffers, much to the chagrin of his opponents, who not only could not find any dirt on Junis, but were themselves, more often than not, guilty of the crime for which they tried unsuccessfully to indict the fearsome Interior Secretary.)

That particular afternoon, Junis had rushed off from the Palace of the Straits to meet a man who, himself, had been at that very Palace just a while ago. The presence of the multitudinous delegations was deemed to be a threat enough to the security of their conversation for Junis that he had it shifted to his haunt.

Grandmaster Aram Eleuza Selvionas of the Grand Johrid Protectorate of Gyylmatin arrived at the gates of Dort Haswe Castle in the later part of the morning atop the back of a red horse that matched his bright crimson robes. Jumping off the back of the horse, Eleuza walked slowly into the castle, as two attendants rushed by to bring the horse away into the stable; nobody had come to receive him except for Junis, whom the Grandmaster of Gyylmatin found on the roof of the red granite castle, pouring out glasses of cold kvass for himself and his guest.

“Please have a seat, Aram”, said Junis, his glasses catching the light of the slowly whitening sun and casting a rainbow streak across the stone table in the centre of the rooftop, on which he had laid out the refreshments prepared.

The Grandmaster shuffled his robes and removed his wide-brimmed hat, taking a seat upon one of the two stone chairs by the table.

“First agenda on the list”, began Junis, “the appointment of General Antonu Arkanhau as the chief of staff of all troops mobilised for the inevitable entrance of the Cantarellian fleet into the Johrid Empire. I have discussed this with War Secretary Astelvia, and he has elected to relieve General Arkanhau of his command of Division XXVIII in light of the fact that he is held largely to the front lines. I shall have him replaced with General Valtas Artioch, whom I will be moving out of Eunau to Oclemont in due time. If there are any discrepancies in the-"

"Junis, what is this whole charade about?" Eleuza interrupted. "Why have you called me here to discuss these inane things, when you have documents on every major leader of this empire, and could easily bypass me if you so desire?"

Junis chuckled and fell silent.

“You know something, Aram?” Junis finally said, sipping from his glass of kvass. “There are three empty rooms in the dungeons below that I’ve reserved for when I finally have my way.”

Eleuza grunted.

“The first is for King Anastas II of Hajerus. The second is for Foreign Secretary Hrustan Thalbraas. And the third... I would not want to tell you right now, lest you take me for a joker.

"But what if I were to tell you that there was a way to circumvent the Emperor? What if I told you... that I have the means to delegitimise the rule of Nihei VIII Anamuna hidden within this castle, and that I can establish a new dynasty if I so wish?"

Eleuza nearly spat his drink out, leaning heavily on the table with his eyes wide open in equal proportions of wonder and horror, as Junis chuckled at Eleuza’s reaction.

“Yes”, he mused. “What if I told you that the Anamuna Dynasty has never been legitimate right from its inception, and that there is, in fact, a continued line of Eunomia, descended from the illegitimate brother of Nihei II?”

“This is... this is treachery”, Eleuza stuttered, at a loss for words. “I‘m going to have to report this conversation...”

“Oh, are you, now?” Junis said mockingly, leaning in closer to the Grandmaster of Gyylmatin with eyes widened unsettlingly. “And who do you think is going to believe you?”

“I-“

“Aram, just put aside everything for a moment and picture this”, Junis scathingly continued. “On one side, we have me, Junis, the second most senior member of the Central Council of Ministers after Father Amlin, now that the old dotard Artenos is dead. And on the other side, we have you, Aram Eleuza Selvionas, the biggest supporter of the traitor Valignamu Tal at his trial. The Emperor was kind enough to overlook your involvement in the whole business, but what if... what if I had the documents detailing your support for a traitor, stashed somewhere in this castle? What if our new Emperor was told that the chief of his soldier factory had conspired with a man who planned to sell our country to the Cantarellians, thirty years ago?!”

Eleuza fell into an enraged silence.

“Of course, you’re still free to file a complaint about me to the Emperor”, Junis continued, “but personally, if I were you, I’d stick by me, lest the others find out and have you strung up from the lampposts for the crows to gouge your eyes out.”

“And why should I trust you, Junis?” Eleuza turned a bright shade of orange, and averted Junis’ gaze.

“Because I’m the only one you cannot trust. And yet, I'm the only one who's shown you my true colours.”

January 26, NE1190
11:00AM

Hakuzanjo (Citadel of the White Mountains)
Ihama, Empire of Nishikuni

"Read that again for me, will you?"

The palace attendant, knees almost trembling at the sound of Empress Nami's stern, commanding voice, unrolled the paper he had rolled up just ten seconds ago, and then read it out again. The men standing around the Empress, Crown Prince Asuka no Yuma, as well as several ministers, quietly listened as the shaking words left the messenger’s mouth like the bleating of a sheep in the middle of being shorn.

It was a short report, obtained through Princess Yuhiru's retainer Ichizo, from eavesdropping on the altercation between Crown Prince Nihei, the Illuminatus Mikhael Ariel, and the Cantarellian delegation that had only just declared their intentions to forcefully annex a piece of land from the Johrids, a declaration that had come straight out of the blue. The amassment of troops near the Johrid border had always raised suspicions among Nishikuni's rulers, but an open demand for land to be ceded was something else entirely.

"Oh, we're the Cantarellians! Give us the entire world, or we'll raze everything to the ground, including ourselves", Crown Prince Yuma dryly mocked the Cantarellian ultimatum, sticking his lower jaw out forcefully. The heir-apparent to the throne of Nishikuni, a large, beefy man with writhing, vascular arms and a full head of thick silver hair flying in all directions, was particularly noted for his dry and often situationally inappropriate sense of humour.

Standing beside Crown Prince Yuma was High Priest Iseya, leader of Nishikuni's state religion, the Yatogamido; a rather small man with a pair of beady eyes looking out from underneath his bush-like eyebrows, one would hardly guess that Iseya was one of the most influential political figures in the Nishikunean Empire. The sound of the word "raze" seemed to put him into a bit of a cold sweat.

"Would now not be a good time for us to further push our policy of pressure on Eunau?" he suggested, clasping his hands together and bowing incessantly to the Empress, in an almost apologetic manner. “In exchange for us pledging some vague amount of support to future war efforts against Cantarella, we could demand a partial or total abolition of tariffs against our goods...”

“We will have to be more strategic about this”, said Prince Yuma, adopting a more muted and less sarcastic tone. “I do not support increasing pressure on Eunau, especially not now that they are in the midst of a power transition. Chairman Amro Artenos has always been in favour of bettering relations with us and loosening economic sanctions, but was hindered by Kanuri. Now that Kanuri is dead and a new emperor is coming to power, we should try to curry favour with them slowly rather than appear to be antagonistic.”

“See”, said the fancy-moustachioed Chief Secretary of the Imperial Treasury, a former military general named Asano Shiro, “we don’t want to appear to be giving in to them either. Not when we’ve got the bloody Jotnarheim protectorate stirring just south of us.”

“It would be a sad day for all of us if we ever have to invoke the Nineteenth Edict”, said Iseya.

The mere mention of the Nineteenth Edict set the whole chamber into a brief, pregnant silence.

“Do not speak lightly of the Nineteenth Edict”, said Crown Prince Yuma. “It has only been invoked a single time in our history, and that was in a time of civil war. Forcible conscription is a dangerous weapon, one that I would rather not use.”

“In any case, it would not do for us to weaken our stance against the Johrids just because they’ve changed emperors”, said the Empress, the sound of her voice commanding the attention of everybody in the room. “I have already initiated a very potent gambit by sending our dragons out of our borders. It is too late for us to turn back.”

Nods from the others in the room.

“Inform Princess Yuhiru”, Empress Nami continued, “she is to leave Eunau immediately after the coronation, and will return to Ihama. In the meantime, we shall continue our individual negotiations with the Hajerusians, until such time as an agreement has been made and a message has been sent to Eunau.”

Last edited by Ihury on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:25 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:41 am

January 27, NE1190
4:45PM

Imperial Palace
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Fifteen minutes before the beginning of the funeral, as the blazing white afternoon sun slowly began to take on a slight yellowish tint, the delegates had begun to assemble in the throne room of the Imperial Palace, where the coffin of the late Emperor Kanuri V Anamuna would make one final stop before being entombed for good in the Mausoleum of the Emperors, located a short distance away from the Imperial Palace.

Johrid funerals were generally a short affair, even for an emperor; there would be a set of religious ceremonies conducted by the Archbishop, a brief eulogy delivered by the deceased emperor's successor, and then a procession, with the heavy marble coffin, carried by twelve Imperial Paladins, brought over to the Mausoleum in a surprisingly simple procession.

Inside the throne room, the coffin lay just before the throne upon which the now deceased Emperor had once sat and issued his orders, the coffin surrounded by four Paladins, one on each corner, standing vigil since midnight, when the body had been moved to the throne room for the funeral. Within the hall, as the foreign visitors and Central Council waited outside, only five people were present besides the vigil guard: the entire imperial family, consisting only of four people, and Father Baridze Amlin, Archbishop of the Church of the Johrid Empire, who was to perform the last rites.

"Ere the clock strikes five... we shall make final preparations for His Majesty to be sent off", drawled Archbishop Amlin in his highly formal tone of voice, slowly shuffling over to where Princes Nihei and Narin stood, dressed in long black robes unadorned with any decorations save for white sashes bearing the name of the deceased Emperor Kanuri V Anamuna in the old liturgical Johrid language. Nearby stood the Empress Dowager, the now widowed mother of the two princes, accompanying Prince Inauhu, the old and frail elder brother of Kanuri V, who had been skipped over the line of succession owing to his being born blind.

The curtains blew gently in the wind, the windows left open to allow for the warm afternoon air to permeate the marble halls.

"Your Highness", murmured the Archbishop to the Crown Prince, adjusting the ornate mitre upon his head. "If thou shalt command me to open the doors, verily, shalt I commence the ceremonies."

Nihei's hands could not stop trembling; one of the veins on his right hand was visibly pulsating, as sweat formed on his palms and left a sheen to them. He turned to look first at his mother and his 80-year-old uncle, and then at Narin, who stood beside him. The young boy gripped his older brother's hand, seeking affirmation; Nihei did not grip back.

This small ceremony would be repeated just two days later, when Nihei was set to be officially crowned Emperor of the Johrid Empire.

"Open the doors", he commanded the Archbishop.

And with that, the old Archbishop hobbled over to the doors of the throne room and pounded heavily on them. The two Paladins outside sharply pulled the doors open, and the attendees slowly entered the hall, led by the Central Council of Ministers. By then, the absence of Chairman Amro Artenos had become very conspicuous, and though it seemed that the official reason for his being unable to attend the funeral had been by and large accepted, one could not help but notice that with the exception of the cool, expressionless Interior Secretary Junis, who displayed not an inkling of emotional fluctuation upon his face, the rest of the Central Council did appear to be very squeamish, as if they were trying to hide something.

Upon the entrance of the attendees, the four guards standing at each corner of the marble coffin clicked to attention and raised their long white lances, pointing them at the ceiling, upon which was painted an elaborate fresco depicting the symbiotic relationship between the two Gods Arnu and Nihimus, devouring each other in an endless cycle of white light and black nothingness.

"The Emperor", boomed the Archbishop, a stroke three years ago manifested in his distinct slur, "is dead."

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:38 am

The Jotnar rose from their seats, solemn looks on their faces, and the serpentine head of the Dreadhorn - exactly that of the extinct True Dragons - held in Mordralia’s hands by its grip. They put a fist over their heart, repeating what the archbishop had seat.

“The emperor is dead!” They echoed. First, the wail of the terrorbirds outside the city penetrated the air. Then Mordralia’s lips pressed to the Dreadhorn, and the sound of a beast that had once terrorized all races of the Eastern Continent filled the palace alongside the might of a Jotnar scream. For the entire set of moments that the Dreadhorn was being blown into, the magic in the room was being nullified in such a way that it would cause everyone except the Shal to feel emptiness, and for everyone to feel as the few Shal in the room - to see them, just for a moment, as they were. Then the sound stopped, and the numerous avatars of the 8 giants that had been in the room blackened, becoming motionless.

Mordralia ripped into the chest chamber of one, and pulled out ash, scattering it.

“May he return peacefully to ash, and may his enemies burn.” Mordralia said as the remnants of the avatars collapsed.

The Hierophancy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hierophancy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Palace of the Straits, Eunau
Jan. 27, NE1190

"Well, that was certainly dramatic." Lord-Ambassador Delmoria brushed ash off of his immaculately embroidered doublet, his finest one, though, he noted glumly, it was certainly due for a refitting. He cursed under his breath as his attempts to remove the filth only smeared it into his clothing further.

"They could have at least bothered to use some of that fancy magic to clean up after themselves." He shivered slightly, remembering the feeling of dread at that horrible horn, at the sight of those awful giants.

"Damn dramatic."

Bu'Tze hummed his agreement, rustling his own silken robes, decorated with brightly depicted scenes of passion, nobility, honor and sacrifice, attempting to shake off the flecks of ash covering it. "Most impolite. So far as I know, that was certainly not considered appropriate behavior at an Imperial funeral." The Shal clucked his disapproval, finishing off his impromptu dusting.

"Almost as rude as the Cantarellans, really. Makes one think, dare I say it, that the Jotnar are perhaps planning something somewhat similar." Bu'Tze chuckled in a way that sent chills down Delmoria's spine.

"Shut it, Stickman." The Shal bowed reverently while M'Telgoni kneaded his temples in frustration. "I hope we make it to dinner without any more magic tricks or shows of strength. This feels less a funeral and more some sort of twisted, depressing circus."

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:07 am

Cha'turrgah,
Capital of the Strange North

As the entire Eastern Sphere had mourn for the loss of the Johrid Emperor, a special meeting was being held. In the center of a large, ever-growing crater of a city, the representatives of the races of the Strange North came to the "palace" of the Powers That Be. The "palace " was little more than a giant hole with some ornate bridges that connect to a giant circle that harbored where the Powers would be.

Each of the races that came wore clothing that was suitable for meetings. The Uumash wore priestly grabs, stitched in silk and ordained in emblems dedicated to their eldritch god. The Pinkh covered their body head to toe with simple robes, a giant mask like all of their kind wears. The Dagon wore the closest to what Johrid humans wore. It was modern, adjusted for their size and height, but it was ever more like a proper imperial attire.

As they came close to the center of the stone circle, Mansis started to fly in the thousands as they spoke as one voice, yet they each had their own voice. Each one formed a not, each note was a song, and each song a sympathy. They all sang among the skies, along the jagged roofs and the twisted avenues. Along the crater city of Cha'turrgah was the songs of the many fused as one, as the collective that naturally sang to one another and to the highest stars that watched them with their fiery gazes.

It was then the Mansis and Uumash glowed and energy came from them, bathed the city in a magical aura that went into the center of the capital and shook as the sound of giant wings that beat across the air and the hummed of energy being gathered and displaced every so often, like a heartbeat. A gigantic Mansis, bigger than the very buildings, bigger than the very center that the other representatives were standing on. All they could see were the ten eyes that were each big as an Uumash as they spoke in both separate and together in a strange, natural tone.

"The Eastern Sphere cracks in it's mantel. The Ruler of the Waves wishes to usurp the grasp of the sick Empire and the world weeps as the ages continues. The Sphere's cracks will make all bleed, west, east and all of the north. The blood will nourish the engines of war as the star signs made the passing. Sinew and bone will be crushed, metal will screech and bend as it's builders will. The new age will be as the old, with the Wave Rulers being tested for their station, the gates of mysteries will be opened finally as the Sphere bleeds to the forests and all in it will be challenged for the station to the new Sphere."

The voices of the Powers spoke in unison through the minds of the representatives. They each heard a different voice but each voice was that sound of a leader. Each voice came with visions of what the Powers believes what would happen to the Strange North and the world. While the many voices and visions are what the Powers thinks, they know they aren't infallible. The Powers knew that they can be outsmarted by those who knew better. Having collective intelligence doesn't mean they were intelligent when it came to all things.

It was here that one of the representatives came up, the Dagon Admiral who was tasked with making sure the Strange North was powerful in the international waters. He saluted like how the Imperials do in a military fashion before speaking.

"As you said Powers, the might of Osjio is truly a match that we are close of equalizing. Even with the new additions of the By'drula, we must still have additions of technological might that may offset the ill use of beasts from the spawning docks."

"Are you mad? We shouldn't be using those beasts, we should be using steel! Steel like everyone else is using!" Interjected the Pinhk representative," even with the Biopudizi's breeding programs and the Mansis using the magic to accelerate growths it will still take longer to make By'drula while it can be easier to build normal, steel ships."

"I'm mad? Have you seen the pricing on the ships? I will have you know that..."

The representatives were hit with a psychic screech. It effected the Dagon more than the Pinhk but it got it's point across.

"The ships of flesh and metal both bend and sing to the chorus of labor. There is truth in both voices, as to all who lead the North into wander and prosperity. There is truth in both forms of ship. The Dagon, children of the waves who aren't it's rulers, you will work with the birds of metal to form ships adequate to match the might of the Station of the Wave Rulers. Admiral, Our magic is with you as it is with the Pinhk but We do not dismiss the might of the Engine of Gears.

The Gates of our world are about to be fully opened. The Sphere is cracking and Our will is true, the North will shape the new Sphere. We must first reach beyond the influence of local energies and seek the cracks for the influence to grow. The neighboring fingers of the Illing Empire still hold some sway to their hand, but the stage is about to be set, the Sphere cracks and the new age will bring the infinite challenges set by the blazing Star Signs."

With that the meeting was concluded to the forward mandate sent by the Powers. The Powers will prepare for the change, and get ready to meet the Ruler of the Waves in order to challenge the station set by the southern neighbors. They seek to expand their naval power, finish the upgrades needed to make the mightiest fleet that the Strange North can muster, for they go to bloody war in order to have a hand in shaping the future history as they see fit.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Palace of the Staits, Eunau
Jan. 27, NE1190

Morgan was glad that her mask covered her face, for her expression was solemn for not only because of the funeral happening before her but also because of the information provided to her from one of the shadow warriors. The thought that an invading army was approaching the empire while she and her children were present ensure that the queen's night was restless.

As the funeral continue on Morgan rubbed her hand on the item covered by a white silk cloth, wondering if the new emperor would accept the gift? As Mordalia blew on the Dreadhorn the Carimians in the room felt a terrible sensation go through their bodies, they felt the magic around them vanish and in its place a gnawing void was now present, wishing to consume anything to make it full. All of them reached for their masks, holding on and for some removing as they tried to feel anything from it, yet as the dreadhorns continue to blow they felt no magic from the masks. The items that was a part of them and their magic, for someone if their sole source to be able to use magic when potions and enchanted items aren't available, feeling nothing from the mask was disconcerting.

The feeling was stronger for those that had spirit sigils on their masks for they feared the spirits within were now free. Yet even with the fear of the spirits being released that didn't distract them away from the giants that have appeared in the room as the avatars were no longer active. When Mordralia began to scatter ashes throughout the room to honor the deceased emperor, much to the displeasure of the Carmian.

“Was scaring us half to death and covering us in ash nessearcy?” the princess complained, brushing off the ashes that was on her. “They could have warned us before blowing those damned horns the beaked mask foreign minister muttered, he too removing the ashes that landed on his dark colored and ornate robes. When everyone was assured no ash clung to their clothing the queen got up.

As she walked up to Prince Nihei both her children took out two instruments, Hilsa taking out a harp and Amadeus a flute. The two royal siblings began to play a soothing yet melancholic melody, a song played during Carminian funerals that is believed to sooth and even heal the spirits of the deceased that carry immense emotional turmoil due to their death and whatever unfinished business they still have left on the world. As the queen finally approached Nihei she began to unwarp the white silk cloth. “Normally what I would be doing would be unheard of but in this occasion a slight breach in tradition can be allowed she told him as she finally revealed the clothes item, a mask.

However the one main detail of the mask that would become apparent is how the face resembled the deceased emperor. The few dyed raven and crow feathers were made blonde to match the hair of the emperor, they even had the blue tinge that was present in his youth. The eyes had lead colors gems yet they still show an intensity in their gaze. The frontal half of a golden crown was attached to the mask and like the queen's own mask there was a veil behind it, yet were as her's was black with the headband and end of it having white spiral patterns the veil on the emperor mask was white with red markings matching those of the Jorid Empire. The mask was mostly white but shades of maroon and deep purple was visible, especially in the runes on the mask. Small gemstones were seen in the corners of the mask, each matching the colors of the empire.

“It's a death mask.” she told the prince. “A mask we made based on the likeness of the deceased. We believe that with the mask one can see and speak to the spirit of the deceased on specific times in either places significant to the deceased or placed were the boundaries between our world and the realm of spirits is weak. Not only can you get advice from the deceased but even channel their powers in your most dire need.” Morgan explained to the prince. “Winter and fall are often said to be the perfect time for when these masks powers to work, more so if done at night.” the queen excuse herself and began to walk back to her seat, leaving the mask to the prince.
Last edited by Naval Monte on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:16 am

January 27, NE1190
5:30PM

Imperial Palace
Eunau, Johrid Empire

When all the delegations, foreign and internal alike, had paid their tributes to the deceased Emperor, the old Archbishop Baridze Amlin quietly strode up to the podium by the side of the coffin, holding a small piece of paper containing his eulogy speech. As he shakily reached into the pocket of his ecclesiastical robe and perched his glasses upon his nose, the 70-year-old head of the Arnihist Church quietly eyed and sized up the members of the delegations present, paying particularly close attention to the ones of nations known to be adherents of religions other than the state-sanctioned Arnihism practised in the Johrid territories.

"What Arnu creates", he began, his slurred voice echoing through the marble chamber, "Nihimus destroys. Such is the nature of things in our world."

At the conclusion of his sentence, the four Imperial Paladins lowered their lances and clicked out of attention, bowing their heads as they thudded their lances into the ground. His hands trembling, Archbishop Amlin lifted the script to his eyes, and began his short eulogy (if it could be called that).

"Listen closely", Ichizo quietly said to Princess Yuhiru, who kept her eyes peeled on the proceedings as the Archbishop spent an inordinate amount of time clearing his throat. "We may be getting information on future Johrid policy."

"With the death of our beloved Emperor Kanuri V Anamuna", Amlin drawled, reading from the paper in a monotone voice, "it is imperative for us to return to our faith. We... we have come to a critical juncture of our nation's history... and it is only by the guidance of the gods that we may continue to flourish... as we have done for the last thousand years.

"The Arnihist Church of the Johrid Empire will continue in its role as a lodestar for morality... and guidance... for the peoples of our great Empire. Before his coming of age... our future Emperor, His Imperial Highness, Crown Prince Nihei... will find in the Arnihist Church his foremost guiding principles."

Nihei raised his head and looked at the Archbishop enigmatically. Nearby, at another corner of the hall, Interior Secretary Junis scowled at the Archbishop's final two sentences; leaning closer, one could see him discreetly whispering to Foreign Secretary Thalbraas, who nodded in affirmation.

"In our time of grief... we must always remember to have faith in the gods", said Amlin, his voice becoming more and more slurred as he continued with his speech, the foam of saliva forming behind his lips with each increasingly incoherent phrase that came forth from his lips. "Only in their wisdom... may our nation continue and then... then find the guidance we need... as onwards we go... into the future of... great light. And the Church of the Johrid Empire will... undoubtedly... play a great role, greater role, greater... in the governance of the Empire."

With the barely decipherable conclusion to the speech, the Archbishop quietly removed his glasses, folded his speech, and then returned to his seat by the side. A minute of silence was observed, as the four Imperial Paladins raised their lances to the ceiling once again, and then lowered them once more, as Crown Prince Nihei walked up to the podium; unlike the Archbishop, he carried no script.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, distinguished delegates", he said, his clear voice a sharp contrast to the Archbishop's, "I should not like to hold you for long. My father would not have liked that I ramble on with empty words and false promises."

Silence in the hall. Princess Yuhiru crossed her legs and rested her chin in her hand, a faint smile curling upon her lips. Nearby, the Hajerusian delegates sat stone-faced, quietly observing the emperor-to-be.

"Let us not pretend that our nation is fine", he continued. "Indeed, we are strong, but we are also ill. Unrest is rife throughout the protectorates, unrest that has regrettably been left to fester for longer than we should have allowed. There is much that needs to be done to bring back our nation from the edge of the precipice. Ere the turn of the century, I shall do all that I can to honour my father's legacy, and if the gods will it, by the end of my days, we shall see a newly reborn Johrid Empire."

And with that, Nihei's speech was over.

Another brief minute of silence was observed, and with its conclusion, eight more Imperial Paladins marched in, bearing long swords in white sheaths by their waists. As the delegates watched, two of the four lance-bearing Paladins handed their lances to the other two, both of whom now held two lances each; as those two took their places at the front and at the back of the coffin, the remaining ten Paladins lifted the heavy marble casket onto their shoulders, their immense muscles visible beneath their white leather armour they wore.

As the casket left the hall, they were followed slowly by the Crown Prince and his younger brother, then by the Empress Dowager, accompanying her almost infirm brother-in-law, and then by the Central Council of Ministers, all clad in mourning attire, but still exuding the air of hyenas waiting for the opportune moment to scavenge a carcass. Over the next half an hour, the funeral procession snaked across the imperial government's quarter of Eunau, with only a select few civilians allowed to spectate (the lucky few who had been given the opportunity to watch the proceedings had been given black feathers to wave in mourning). The sun slowly descended towards the horizon, casting a lachrymose red glow across the marble buildings; as the procession went past the ominous Dort Haswe Castle, headquarters of the Interior Secretariat, it seemed almost as if there were an eye in the firmaments of the earth, quietly observing the final processions of the insignificant beings below.

Finally, as the clock tower struck six, the cortège arrived at the Mausoleum of the Emperors, a small building hewn out of black marble, where the bodies of the previous emperors had been kept; it was the oldest building in Eunau, having been built upon the death of none other than Emperor Johrua himself. Later, more space had been cleared in the catacombs for subsequent emperors to be laid to rest.

As the Central Council and the rest of the delegates waited outside, Crown Prince Nihei alone followed the Paladins into the Mausoleum as they brought the body of Kanuri V Anamuna down the ancient steps into the tombs below. A deep silence engulfed the delegations outside, until fifteen minutes later, when Nihei once again emerged from the Mausoleum with the twelve Paladins who had brought in the coffin, nodding at the others outside.

“It is finished.”

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:13 am

January 27, NE1190
7:00PM

Imperial Palace
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Upon returning to the Imperial Palace, the delegates were greeted to the sight of a magnificent, extravagant feast laid out before their eyes, consisting of roasted pork knuckles and buttered mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and caviar-topped potato salads, as well as a selection of expensive cold cuts and blue diamonds (a fruit native to Hajerus, blue diamonds are like passion fruits, but are a deep blue colour, and have a slightly more bitter taste; they are often eaten on their own or made into wine) and, to the delight of some, large amounts of passionfruit wine.

"Funny how things are", Princess Yuhiru dryly remarked, laying her eyes on the large amounts of food laid out for the guests. "I wonder where all this food comes from. Definitely not from those big slums outside the city."

"Distinguished guests", greeted the same Imperial Paladin officer who had welcomed the guests the previous morning. "Please help yourselves to the food we have laid out for you."

The atmosphere in the main hall of the Imperial Palace was hardly one of a post-funeral mood. The sound of lively chatter filled the air, the whole room lit up by the warm glow of chandelier candles and the blue light of the dusk streaming through the windows, just before the world was plunged into the cover of night. The huge piled of food on the table slowly became smaller and smaller, consumed quickly by the ones attending.

Nihei himself ate little. There had been something that had plagued his mind since the funeral procession, and when Acting Chairman Dahmon Roquilas, the sole member of the Central Council of Ministers present (representing his six colleagues, who had convened for an impromptu meeting elsewhere), approached him with a drink of iced passionfruit wine and a surprisingly sober smile, the young emperor-to-be stood up and asked Roquilas to the side.

"Dahmon", he asked, "why did the funeral cortège only pass through the government quarter?"

Roquilas, his grin faded away, straightened out his glasses and placed his wineglass down on a nearby table.

"Your Highness", he finally answered, his voice and hands trembling, "it would be very difficult, logistically speaking, for us to travel to the-"

"Do the people not have the right to see their emperor one last time?" Nihei fired back almost accusingly.

"Well, yes, they were given the chance to-"

"Is it not a grave disrespect for us to ignore their desire to see him?" Nihei, once again, questioned. "I have nothing against you, Dahmon. I just want to..."

"Your Highness..."

Nihei sighed, popping a small sliver of a cold cut into his mouth and chewing thoughtfully.

"Chairman Roquilas", he finally said, "have it arranged such that my coronation procession passes through the outer city as well. I want to meet the people."

Palace of the Straits
Eunau, Johrid Empire

The Central Council of Ministers of the Johrid Empire
Meeting IV of the year 1190 of the New Era

Present:
Sir Ausalm Istelnik - Secretary of Labour, Agriculture, and Industry
Sir Amon Machisuri - Secretary of the Treasury
Sir Arenduli Astelvia - Secretary of War
Sir Hrustan Thalbraas - Foreign Secretary
Sir Euradjajan Junis - Interior Secretary
Father Baridze Amlin - Archbishop of the Arnihist Church

Absent with apologies:
Sir Dahmon Roquilas - Acting Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers

"My friends", said Archbishop Baridze Amlin, chairing the meeting in the absence of Acting Chairman Dahmon Roquilas, "it's time to set aside our grief and begin preparations for a new chapter in our history."

The shuffling of papers filled the drawing room of the Palace of the Straits, in which the Central Council of Ministers had agreed to meet for the night.

"Our first agenda for tonight: final amendments to the programme of the coronation ceremony-"

The Archbishop's slow rambling was cut off by the sound of Foreign Secretary Thalbraas furiously thumping on the wooden table. As the others turned to look at him, Thalbraas folded the agenda sheet that had been passed around, tore it up, and then irreverently threw the shredded pieces of paper behind his shoulder.

"Before we get to that", said Thalbraas, "I think it's important that we reshuffle our portfolios about a little bit, yes?" He glanced at Junis, who nodded back at Thalbraas in affirmation.

"Oh, of course", said the somewhat confused Amlin. "Please."

Reaching into his bag, Thalbraas pulled out another piece of paper, unfolding it carelessly.

"I would like to propose that Sir Dahmon Roquilas be stripped of his position as Acting Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers and demoted from the Central Council of Ministers to the Under-secretariat."

"Hrustan, you-"

"Silence", Thalbraas screamed at the Archbishop, who reeled back in abject shock. "All those in favour!?"

"Seconded", spat Junis, thrusting his hand in the air.

"Seconded", came the confident voices of Labour Secretary Istelnik and War Secretary Astelvia, and then, slightly more hesitantly, Treasury Secretary Machisuri.

"Hrustan, this is an unacceptable breach of protocol", the Archbishop protested. "I abhor this blatant breach of protocol! We cannot-"

"This motion to demote Sir Roquilas from the Central Council of Ministers has been passed, five votes to one", Thalbraas triumphantly declared, slamming his palm on the table as if it were a gavel. "Next proposal!"

"I would like to propose", declared Junis at a rapid-fire pace, raising his voice to drown out the protests of the Archbishop immediately after Thalbraas had spoken, "that Father Baridze Amlin be retired from his position as Archbishop of the Arnihist Church of the Johrid Empire, and that his position be filled by the Deputy Archbishop of the Church, Zerche-Nahu Zerche."

"Seconded!" Thalbraas boomed.

"Seconded!" said Istelnik and Astelvia.

"What is the meaning of this?" demanded the Archbishop, weakly protesting and attempting futilely to catch the attention of the other secretaries, before finally catching sight of the hesitant Amon Machisuri. "Amon! Say something, you pig!"

Treasury Secretary Amon Machisuri hung his head and refused to meet Amlin's gaze or vote on Junis' proposal.

"This motion to retire Father Amlin from his position as Archbishop of the Imperial Church has been passed four votes to one, with one abstention", said Thalbraas, again slamming his palm on the table. "Istelnik, inform Father Zerche of his promotion once this meeting is over. Next proposal!"

"I would like to propose a reshuffling of this Central Council of Ministers", declared Istelnik. "I propose that Interior Secretary Euradjajan Junis be appointed to the position of Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers, and that Secretary of the Treasury Amon Machisuri be appointed Deputy Chairman of the-"

"Wait just a minute!" screamed Thalbraas, pounding the table furiously. "Ausalm, that wasn't the paper I-"

"Yes it was!" Istelnik roared back at Thalbraas. "You passed it to me yourself!"

"Fuck you, the paper I passed to you proposed that the position of Chairman be replaced with a tripartite seat for-"

"All those in favour of this proposal!" Istelnik yelled, over the sound of Thalbraas' protests.

"Seconded", said Junis, grinning slyly at Thalbraas.

The Foreign Secretary turned a deep shade of purple, barely able to contain his volcanic rage as he stared back at the soon-to-be-promoted Interior Secretary.

"That's not the proposal we agreed on, Ausalm!" Thalbraas screamed at the Labour Secretary; unable to control his anger any longer, the steaming Foreign Secretary seized his glass of water and hurled it across the room, the crystal ornamental glass shattering on a portrait of Emperor Arlesti I Anamuna across the room. "You spineless rat!"

"Hrustan, I had no choice!" Labour Secretary Istelnik yelled back. "Interior Secretary Junis also approached me with his own proposals! This was the closest compromise I could-"

"Fuck you!" Thalbraas exploded. He bent down, pulled off his shoe, and then slammed it on the table so hard that dust flew off the sole and formed a little cloud in the air. "We had a deal! Listen, you idiots, do something about-"

Neither Astelvia nor Machisuri dared to say anything.

With a gleeful smirk, Interior Secretary Junis seized the paper from Istelnik's hand, folded it up, and kept it in his own file.

"This motion to appoint Interior Secretary Euradjajan Junis as Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers and Treasury Secretary Amon Machisuri as Deputy Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers has been passed two votes to one, with two abstentions", the Interior Secretary declared, casting a mocking glance at Foreign Secretary Thalbraas. "With effect from midnight, this Central Council shall have new leadership. Good evening."

And with that, Chairman of the Central Council of Ministers Euradjajan Junis picked up his papers and left the room. Thalbraas, still fuming, put his shoe back on, hurled the jug of water off the table, and then stormed out, followed by Istelnik, Astelvia, and Machisuri. Only the Archbishop remained in the room, listlessly staring at the walls, his mouth hanging open.

"Take your seats, ladies and gentlemen", Junis muttered triumphantly to himself, as he went down the steps of the Palace of the Straits to his sedan. "Act Two is about to begin."

Greater Loralia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Loralia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:50 am

The Palace of the Straits,
Eunau, Johrid Empire

Modralia found himself a seat by the Carimian delegation and the Lord-Ambassador. He looked to Amodeus, smiling as he popped some fruit into his mouth.

“So, what do you think of the Palace, my Prince? I’d say it’s almost as lovely as your mask.” Mordralia said simply. He wasn’t expecting this evening to be very eventful, but perhaps he could acquire friends for Jotnarheim. The Lord-Ambassador might even be willing to support his mother’s schemes. Unfortunately, however, not enough had happened that would pull them to their side. There wasn’t an overt threat to Shal’Shadda, or the Lord-Ambassador, except for, perhaps, the Cantarellans and the Osjio. Work against them could easily be done, but, no matter what happened, Shal’Shadda needed to be brought closer to Jotnarheim.

Mordralia wasn’t just a researcher. His brother was King of the Jotnar, and his mother the elected monarch of all of Jotnarheim. That left him a prince, by technicality, he supposed, though he’d have to wait until the recognition of Jotnarheim’s elected monarchy through the Ultimatum his mother was going to launch against Johrua was ensured, otherwise he wouldn’t say he was a prince with anywhere near as much confidence as the one he was seated next to.

The Pale Eye

Following the refusal of a Gyylmatin mining company to sell off assets in Jotnarheim that would lead to the end of their control of a near-monopoly of copper mining in the Grand Protectorate, the government issued a slew of fines relating to ignoring environmental and zoning laws in the country. The cost surpasses 1 billion Johrid ahra by several hundred million, and reaches the half-way mark for the overall value of the massive mining consortium. It was the largest set of fines against a major corporation - domestic or foreign - since the creation of the laws used to defeat monopolies in Jotnarheim over a century ago. After a failure in Jotnarheim’s courts that saw rulings against the Gyylmatin Mining Consortium based on the lack of character and truthfulness of the company, they were forced to sell off 60% of their assets in Jotnarheim and several other nations abroad, opening the way for Jotnarheim companies to purchase these assets in their home and internationally, and begin to challenge the corporation.

The Chief Executive of the GMC, Nyadiah Martin, is a well-known associate, friend, and former lover of Mordralia of Jotnar and his brother, King Vermillion of Jotnar, and has called the rulings “bullshit perpetrated by the elected monarchy and the Assembly of Jotnarheim against assets of the Gyylmatin peoples for purely political reasons”, which he stated Mordralia - a friend to many internationally - was “powerless to prevent”. This has left Jotnarheim with one less friend in Gyylmatin, a consequence of a series of efforts against Gyylmatin’s economy that has left Gyylmatin’s economy periodically stagnant across long periods of time.

Is this another salvo fired against Gyylmatin’s economy, a sign of a trade war to come, was it truly the result of violations, or is it purely political? Unfortunately, it seems to be a mix of both.

GMC and much of their divested assets were acquired by the Dwarven Mining Alliance the following evening, positioning a globally important mining company owned by supporters of Jotnarheim in Gyylmatin. Nyadiah Martin retained his position as Chief Executive, but was booted from the Board of Directors and is no longer chairman. He is rumored to have organized a meeting with the King some time after Vermillion’s return to the kingdom, and Vermillion’s office gifted the man a piece of developed property near the Imperial estate. The Gyylmatin government did not immediately reply for comment, preventing questions about whether or not this was, in fact, a bribe, an accusation made by sources familiar with the incident.

Regards,

V.

Your Friend with a View

A Letter to Braxia

To Whomever it May Concern,

The government of the Grand Protectorate of Jotnarheim has noted that Braxia may have some interest in entering the economic affairs of our nation. Recently, the Gyylmatin Mining Consortium’s efforts in Jotnarheim collapsed due to them breaking the law. There are some assets we have put aside for foreigners who wish to invest, and believe that this could be the way that Braxia first enters our economic affairs. We are aware of your problems with the Empire of Johrua, and wish to mend the relation between our two nations.

Regards,

Allis Nyrn,
Minister of Finance
Last edited by Greater Loralia on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

High Chieftess Tiaes
January 26, NE1190
Palace of the Straits

“Thank you for the warm welcome, human.”
The High Chieftess walked away from the Secretary with few words spoken and towards the proper entrance of the palace.

The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior. The marble decor and armor-clad Paladins gave a strong impression and despite the obvious implications, the decorative coffin of the Emperor conveyed a false sense of stability and resilience in such a major death.

A few minutes passed when, as Tiaes waited for the rest of the delegates to enter the palace, shouting and general panic could be heard in the courtyard. She curiously peeked out of the doors. A smirk came across her face.

January 27, 1190
4:45 PM
The Johrid Imperial Palace

Tiaes paid little attention to the beginning of the funeral, instead, she watched the attendees and their reactions with great interest.
Today’s the day, she thought, hiding a smile behind her blank expression. The day of the funeral would soon become the beginning of Tawae's rise to power. At least, that's what she hoped would happen. On the diplomatic stage of the Eastern Sphere Tawae was very inexperienced despite a somewhat long history, and because of that, she and the High Chief believed that they had one major advantage over the rest of the continent...

There were no threats or expectations. No obligations. It was a blank canvas ready to be painted upon to create a beautiful piece for the ages, to be admired and envied. A brick of marble to be carefully sculpted into an imposing statue.
The Eastern Sphere would soon feel the wrath of Tawae, but before that, a foundation would have to be laid.

The boom of the Jotnar horns annoyingly brought her to attention. As she dusted herself off she found herself annoyed by the Archbishop’s speech and his faith. The Crown Prince’s speech was simple and at least truthful...

A side glance to Princess Yuhiru of Nishikuni proved that the two delegates shared the same feelings during the funeral, though Tiaes wasn’t as tactless.

The end of the ceremony was terribly boring.

Thankfully, the post-funeral reception was just what she was looking forward to. The food wasn’t quite to her taste, no, it was the ability to talk that she so deeply enjoyed. Tawae would rise not in a battlefield but in a palace.
Immediately after settling into the ‘party’ Tiaes walked towards Princess Yuhiru with a spring in her step.

“Excuse me, Princess. May I have a word with you?
I would like to discuss the relations between Tawae and Nishikuni if you have the time.”

A Letter of Importance

Meanwhile, a green-scale was on ponyback carrying a letter written in Draconic. The letter, translated by the very same courier on route to Braxious, was addressed to King Rhodan.

It simply read:

This is a formal request from High Chief Vaere Tyaeres of Tawae to meet with His Majesty, King Rhodan Dramaxes, in the near future, in the hopes of coming to a mutual understanding and an agreement on the future state of the northern island.

May your reign be long and great.

The messenger would soon enter Braxious.
Last edited by Abserdia on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 am

January 26th, Year 1190 of the New Age
Draconic Kingdom of Braxia

For the last few hundred years, Braxia has been living in peace, growing steadily. Ever since gaining it's Independence from the Empire, Braxia had adopted a rather isolationist foreign policy, focussing on her own develpment rather than interacting with foreign powers. Now, however, since Braxia is both politically and economically stable, King Rhodan, son of Ballax "The Great", has decided that the Kingdom of Braxious will make a name for herself on the grand stage of the Eastern Continent. Rhodan is fully aware that he might not see the day that Braxia will reach her full glory, but the least he could do is lay the ground work for his heir Prince Vaeros and the following generations of the Dramaxes Dynasty.

As of today, the King has, with the help of the Royal council passed a new tax reform. Given that last harvest was booming, it was decided that the tax rate will be decreased by 5 percent, which pleased both peasant, townsfolk and nobles alike. Another policy the court established was that Braxia will now open it's borders to foreign traders and Merchants to make up for the loss of tax income. The military has been building itself up for the past 25 years: more and more soldiers were recruited, more weapons, ships and airships were crafted and military training was greatly improved and professionalized. A large portion of the Braxian military has been stationed at the eastern border. It is suspected the demand for Mercenaries will increase in the next couple years, which Braxia will be more than happy to deliver.

King Rhodan Dramaxes
Royal "Den", a few hunderd meters from Ixendenyc
A few hours after the reforms passed

King Rhodan was sitting on his throne, satisfied with what he did for the kingdom today, when one of his servants entered the throne room with two letters. He kneeled down before the throne "Your Majesty, we have received two letters from the Grand Johrid Protectorate of Jotnarheim and the Tribes of Tawae". Rhodan got up and walked up to the servant to take the letters, he prefered to read himself rather than having it read to him like he was a child. He immediately went to his working table to read the letters while the servant stood there patiently with his hands on his back

Greater Loralia wrote:A Letter to Braxia

To Whomever it May Concern,

The government of the Grand Protectorate of Jotnarheim has noted that Braxia may have some interest in entering the economic affairs of our nation. Recently, the Gyylmatin Mining Consortium’s efforts in Jotnarheim collapsed due to them breaking the law. There are some assets we have put aside for foreigners who wish to invest, and believe that this could be the way that Braxia first enters our economic affairs. We are aware of your problems with the Empire of Johrua, and wish to mend the relation between our two nations.

Regards,

Allis Nyrn,
Minister of Finance

"That's rather bold of them." Rhodan thought to himself. "Asking a nation that is known to hate your Overlord to engage in economic relations. Still… we don't have a grudge against them directly, it's worth a try."

Note: this letter is written in Johrid

To: Whomever it May Concern of Jotnar

Despite our relations with the Empire of Johrua, Braxious does not view Jotnarheim as her enemy. Although the Royal Council needs to discuss this matter, I have decided to accept your offer to engage in economic affairs. Within the end of next month me and the Council will decide how big Braxia's investment in Jotnar's economy will be. I sincerely hope that this pact will improve both our economies and relations greatly.

Of best regards,

King Rhodan Dramaxes of Draconic Kingdom of Braxious.

Abserdia wrote:A Letter of Importance

This is a formal request from High Chief Vaere Tyaeres of Tawae to meet with His Majesty, King Rhodan Dramaxes, in the near future, in the hopes of coming to a mutual understanding and an agreement on the future state of the northern island.

May your reign be long and great.

To: High Chief Vaere Tyaeres of Tawae

I hereby accept this request of High Chief Vaere Tyaeres. Given that Braxia has recently reformed her foreign policy to a more open diplomatic stance, it would only make sense for us to improve our relations with our neighbours. It would be ideal if this meeting were to happen on the 31st of January in either Tawae or Braxia, depending on the preference of the High Chief. May both our nations co-exist in harmony.

Of best regards,

King Rhodan Dramaxes of the Draconic Kingdom of Braxious.

When he finished writing the response letters, King Rhodan gave them to the servant. "Go to Minister-Chancellor Nabal and inform him about my decisions, after that you get the letter to Tawae translated to Kobold as quickly as possible both sending both letters back." The servant bowed one more time before leaving. Rhodan returned to his throne and sighed: Nabal ofcourse won't be happy that he decided engage in relations with a puppet of the Johrid's, but right now Rhodan believed this was the best course of action.
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse