NATION

PASSWORD

Titans Among Us: Academy of Heros (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Panira wrote:Rowan

"Celebrities? Uh, yeah, I could... probably," Rowan said. "I haven't really found any limit on who I can and can't do yet."

He tried to hide in his tone the fact that he had no clue who any "celebrity" was, nor did he want anyone to know that he didn't know, just because of how complicated his background was. He really didn't need that circulating around the school's gossip circles this early. Gossip circles. Yet another concept I've just learned, he thought to himself. But how did I know what they were in the first place? So many unanswered questions.

"Cool... And what's your name?" Erastus asked.

The guy hadn't answered when either he or Aurelia had asked. They'd both given him the opportunity to dodge the question, but now Erastus was putting him on the spot... mostly because he wanted to figure out if the guy would get squirmy over the question. There were a whole lot of interesting supernatural monsters with hang-ups about their names and he wanted to figure out if he was sharing a classroom with one of them.

"Name? Oh, right... uh, Rowan." He smiled weakly. "Rowan Ophelius."
Signatures are just a social construct.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 am

Triassica wrote:
Filia Umbrarum

Filia smiled broadly at Tadakuni’s talk of video games, happy to see that he shared her interest along with reading and cooking. She never played Fire Emblem before, though, but she recognized the characters from Super Smash Bros. “Wow! Cool!” She said, “My favorite games include the Kingdom Hearts Games, GTA, the Batman Arkham Games, Yakuza, and Resident Evil Games… I like to cook too, and I love reading Harry Potter. Anime is awesome as well…”

Filia looked down as Tadakuni showed her his knife set. The blades were cool looking, but also frightfully sharp as well. “Ooh… Wow.” She said looking back up at her new friend, “I hope I get to try your Grampa’s cooking. I love Japanese food. I travel a lot with my Dad, which lets me get to try all kinds of dishes from all over.”

Filia suddenly frowned, however, when Tadakuni said he actually had x-ray vision. She instinctively crossed her arms and legs, but then relaxed a bit when she learned that he didn't like his powers. “Oh…” she said, carefully, her unnaturally orange eyes shifting in thought, “I see… Uh, maybe I should confess my powers as well. You see… I'm not exactly human. ...Well, actually I am, but only half. My father is really a demon from another world and I basically inherited his powers to manipulate shadows.”

For an example, the young half-demon raised a hand, and suddenly shadows from tur darkest corners of the bus moved swiftly towards her. The shadows formed into an orb of darkness in her palm that floated slowly. “It also comes with immortality.” Filia added, “But the catch is that I can't be near holy places or exposed to sunlight. They can be lethal to me like a vampire…”

"That sounds like an edgy video game character", Tadakuni replied, chuckling a little at his own corny joke, but staring in awe as the shadows coagulated. "But seriously, that's a pretty... cool power..."

Tadakuni looked down at his own hands.

"I wish I had a power like that sometimes", he added sheepishly. "Meanwhile... I can't even use my own power without damaging my eyes. It's rather frustrating."

His voice trailed off into shaky silence. For a moment, Tadakuni said nothing, looking pensively out of the window, the sun streaking in and crossing his face and eyes. This was something that had bothered him ever since he had been aware of his power. It wasn't so much a feeling of resentment or anger as much as it was a nagging doubt in his own ability, one that would crop up without warning in the wee hours of the morning and keep even the calmest of minds awake.

Then, clearing his throat, he shifted the suitcase on his lap, crossed his legs, and turned to look at Filia. The shadows had, by then, disappeared.

"But enough of that. It's depressing", he said, as if chiding himself in a semi-joking manner. "Tell me more about your power. I'm interested."

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Andrew Marks

Andrew couldn't help but smile as Leila demonstrated her powers to him and Rango. It sounded odd at first, being able to manipulate gas and set it on fire at will. Yet he could feel the warmth from the flame Leila created against his cold blooded body and it felt good. Rango seemed to like it as well and hummed happily in his head.

“Ah wow! That’s neat! Almost like that fire girl over there.” Said Andrew before smiling with a grin, “Yeah my powers are pretty neat too. Wouldn't know what I’d be without Rango to help me out and talk to. The world is so colorful compared to the darkness I once experienced and, well, I'm not exactly the most popular guy at the Orphanage… What about you? Where do you come from?”

Jessica Scorch

Jessica shrugged at Mariah’s question about why she was here. It wasn't like she and her brother were going willingly. The redhead girl could remember those intimidating men with tranquilizers coming over to the Orphanage to pick her and Jack up. They told them not to get any funny ideas and despite Jessica’s temper, was able to resist lighting them up like candles.

“My brother and I fought a lot back at the Orphanage due to our polar opposite powers. Jack has a stupid snow fetish and can control ice, while I have the awesome power of controlling fire.” Said Jessica, closing her hand into a fist before opening it to reveal a bright hot flame as an example, “The U.S Government must have caught word of us and said we had to go to this school for… rehabilitation, I guess. At least it’s not Juvie or anything…”

Filia Umbrarum

Filia frowned at Tadakuni as she listened to him and just stared at him. She felt bad for the boy to be honest, hearing about how his powers hurt him. The girl wasn't fawned of her condition either. Just once she would like to be out in bright sunlight instead of being forced with her parasol or only go out when clouds cover the sky completely. The moon was pretty though.

“Oh well, I can create anything I want out of the shadows.” said Filia said smiling ae she made cubes, pyramids and animals out of the orb in her palm, “I can also see quite well in the dark like Cats can and I can use darkness as a doorway to the Dark Realm. That’s where my father comes from and rules a lot. I don't think I can shapeshift like he can though. Never tried it.”

Professor Invisible - Arriving at the School

The bus left behind the town of Lenainville as it drove on a dirt road through yet another thick forest of trees. This trip didn't last long, however, as five minutes later, a large old building emerged through the branches and leaves. A great mansion that now loomed over the bus, it’s architecture looking older than any structure in the town before. The bus came to a complete a stop and the professor got up, now standing before the students.

“Welcome to your new home.” Professor Invisible said pleasingly, “Now before we get off to meet our headmaster, I wish to do a role call. Names, everyone?”

Outside the tinted windows of the bus, a large man could be seen staring back. He had a gray beard and cool looking eyes. Wearing a tanish coat, he smiled back at any student who would look to see them. He seemed quite pleased and eager to meet them.
Last edited by Triassica on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:29 pm

Rowan

"Rowan Ophelius, sir." Rowan acknowledged Professor Invisible, but he was only half paying attention. He was studying the school's exterior features. Having stayed with them for a month earlier in the year, he was familiar with the school in some capacity but didn't remember much about it. Well, I guess we're here. He began to gather his belongings.
Signatures are just a social construct.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Zorha
Zorha had been on the back of the bus for the trip. He stayed silent for it, observing the other kids and catching bits and pieces of their conversations. Some of them were significantly younger than himself which he didn't quite know how to feel about. He was glad that they were found as early as they were instead of being left to their own devices and possibly coming into harms way. As the scenery of the forest passed by he thought to himself.

A lot of the powers of the other seem element or science based. Others are a little more obscure, like that shape shifter and the little white haired girl next to the boy with the x-ray eyes.

He had been leaning against his scythe when they came to a stop and roll call began. Hearing Rowan call out his own name first, he guessed he should follow suit and spoke up. "Zorha here in the back!" Looking around, Zorha tried to find someone, if anyone, to talk to. Most of them seemed lost in their own conversations, but he hoped that someone might see him in the back gazing around aimlessly.
Last edited by Frisct the II on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Leila Stoderew

Leila was quite proud of her abilities in the few minutes she spent talking to Andrew. Even though by all accounts she was terrified of her own abilities and regarded them as more of a curse than any sort of special ability, it felt nice to have someone compliment on being able to, well... create fire. Not exactly the most useful skill in the world, unless one's career aspirations were as a pyromaniac or a toaster. She was a bit taken aback when the boy asked her where she was from. Where to begin? He seemed to have it way rougher than her, staying in an orphanage, having only snakes for friends. What could she say that he'd be interested in? She decided to tell him the truth.

"Well, I lived with my mom and dad. I was a big ball of trouble when I was younger, since my mother was a vigilante. She was always getting accosted by the law and by criminals she helped put behind bars. At five I nearly burnt down my parents' house so they had to put a lot of stuff in my room. Air conditioners, smoke alarms, all that stuff. Honestly I had a pretty normal childhood, right up until I learned about this academy. I don't know why I chose this over a more regular education. It's just the idea of being a hero... appealed to me, if you know what I mean."

The bus stopped and they assembled outside in front of an enormous mansion. From within the bus Leila saw a man standing outside, smiling happily at the students. Was that the owner of this mansion or another teacher? This place was getting more and more colourful by the minute. She shrugged and decided that getting the role call over and done with would be for the best.

"Leila Stoderew, present sir!"

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:27 pm

Mariah Wickham

Mariah didn't know what to say in response to Jessica and her brother being forced here. She watched smoke rise off of the fire with a small amount of fear. Even a small amount of inhalation could send her to the hospital for a week, She looked away, a little nervous, but glad her filters were fresh.

The bus stopped in front of their destination and Mariah looked at it. It didn't fit in with the town, which was odd. The driver asked for everyone's names, and some students began speaking up. Unfortunately Mariah's text-to-speech wasn't capable of anything above a normal conversation, so she had to rely on getting the man's attention and fingerspelling her name, and hoping he either understood or that his list included Girl that can't talk.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 am

Erastus and Aurelia

Panira wrote:"Name? Oh, right... uh, Rowan." He smiled weakly. "Rowan Ophelius."

"Pleased to meet you Rowan." Aurelia smiled. It looked better on her than the scowls that Erastus seemed to mostly inspire, "You haven't asked but..."

She trailed off as the Professor asked for names, motioning to Rowan to indicate that they would finish the conversation later, "Aurelia Gastrell, Sir." she answered.

"...and Erastus Clegg." Erastus added. He did not add a 'Sir', which was either because he was Antipodean and didn't really do that or because he was being surly. It was hard to tell. Possibly both.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 am

Triassica wrote:[b]Professor Invisible - Arriving at the School

The bus left behind the town of Lenainville as it drove on a dirt road through yet another thick forest of trees. This trip didn't last long, however, as five minutes later, a large old building emerged through the branches and leaves. A great mansion that now loomed over the bus, it’s architecture looking older than any structure in the town before. The bus came to a complete a stop and the professor got up, now standing before the students.

“Welcome to your new home.” Professor Invisible said pleasingly, “Now before we get off to meet our headmaster, I wish to do a role call. Names, everyone?”

Outside the tinted windows of the bus, a large man could be seen staring back. He had a gray beard and cool looking eyes. Wearing a tanish coat, he smiled back at any student who would look to see them. He seemed quite pleased and eager to meet them.
[/b]

"Present", said Tadakuni, only realising later that the professor had wanted their names. "Um... Tadakuni, sir. Tadakuni Ishizawa." He picked up his suitcase of knives, preparing to disembark from the bus with a look of almost childlike excitement in his eyes.

Outside the bus, behind a large bush just near the bearded man, stood two other people, a tall middle-aged Jewish man in a tweed suit and a lady in her mid-thirties of ambiguous Eastern European descent, both of whom quietly scanned the bus, looking through the windows to catch a glimpse of the people inside. The lady made eye contact with Tadakuni, who had been looking out the window of the bus; Tadakuni, finding her gaze particularly intense, averted his eyes and glanced at Filia.

"I suppose we can talk more later", he said to her sheepishly.

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Andrew Marks

Andrew smiled with interest as he listened to Leila's story about her parents and home. Made him wonder what his parents were like as he often did. Were they snake people like him? Could they talk to snakes? If so, what happened to him? Did they leave him behind in this strange world to return to wherever snake people live? Or were his parents human and merely abandoned him out of disgust?

Andrew frowned as he thought about it, not liking either answer. However, he didn't have long to think about it as the bus came to a complete stop. Rango glanced out the window to see the looming manor before them, before his master stood up at the call of the bandaged man. "

Andrew Mark's, present, sir." He called out after Leila.

Jessica Scorch

Jessica eztingished the flame once she saw that Mariah seemed bothered by it. It was pity really, considering how much she liked fire herself. At times she liked to just bathe herself in her flames like a human torch, much to the annoyance of her brother and peers. Luckily she didn't have to worry about clothing as hers was fire proof.

Jessica smiled as they arrived. "Jessica Sokolov, here."

Jack Frost

Jack kept it himself while ride went on, sitting alone in his seat. Jessica was talking to some girl in a mask before she began showing off her fire. Stupid. The girl was obviously wearing that mask for a reason. Then there was another girl with fire powers apparently talking to that snake dude. Great. As if it wasn't getting hot as it was. Jack could not wait for winter when it gets super cold.

Nonetheless, he stood up at the roll call upon arrival. "Jack Sokolov, here sir."

Filia Umbrara

Filia stood up along with Tadakuni as the bandaged professor began a roll call. The girl glanced out the window to see the big house she was going to live in. It actually looked bigger than her own mansion back in New York. The half-demon took a moment to collect the things she had with her including her parasol she needed.

"Filia Umbrara, present, sir." replied Filia, following cue from the rest. She took a glance at Tadakuni and nodded at him with a smile. Her pale face turning pink, the girl thought she may have just found a boyfriend.

Professor Invisible:

Jonathan smiled beneath his bandages as he went through the list. However, he frowned when the names stopped coming. Looking closely at the list, it seemed that less than half of all the students who were destined to come didn't come at all. A shame really. He was hoping for them to come over.

"Yes... Anyway, that is everyone, I guess." He said, "Now come along everyone. Our headmaster wishes to meet you. Please be on your best behavior and give him your finest impression."

Headmaster Arnold Lefevre

Arnold smiled as he watched his students eject from the bus, one by one. Despite it being centuries ago, he remembered well when he was their age. Ah, but the world was a very different world back then. It was full of magic and mystical creatures were about. Yet, not too different, now Arnold thought about it. The ordinary folk still have a major distrust towards people with powers. Of course this school was meant to change that.

Arnold cleared his throat as the children stood before him. "Bonjour et bienvenue, messieurs et madame. I am Arnold Lefevre." He greeted with warm and enthusiastic tone of voice thick with French, "Welcome to my manor, the proud and most Ancient House of Lefevre. Here will be your home and school from now on until the 14th of June, and till you become of age. Now, I understand that all of you have many different and unique gifts within you, great and terrible. I assure you, here you will learn to control them and, if you choose, put your gifts to good use for mankind. Before we begin, any questions?"

Before anyone could ask, however, the purple Volkswagen that followed the bus, came to stop as well. The doors swung open and our cam two individuals in hoods. A young woman and a shakingly young boy. Both had a glowing red eyes as they stared at the children.

"Ah yes, Madem Rachel Dawn and Monsieur Raphael Raymond." Arnold said, still enthusiastically, "Now both of them are very special people, like yourselves. Monsieur Raymond, however, is in a delicate state, having recently gotten his gifts. Please be extra careful, yet equally kind to him. Now, again, any questions?"

Raphael Raymond and Rachel Dawn

Rachel kept her eye on Raphael as they drove through the city. Even behind closed doors, the vampire fledgling could smell the blood of the town inhabitants. She sighed and threw him another blood pack to feed on. The boy was lucky to be on the same path as her mother. Most vampires go bad, causing herself to hunt down and eliminate them as with other monsters who troubled mankind.

They came to a complete spot along with the bus and waited a moment as the other exited. Only after another moment did they exit their car. Keeping Raphael to her side, Rachel Dawn smiled and waved to the headmaster with gloved hands. No sooner after that she gave the boy a blood pack before eagerly taking him inside the manor to wait in the library.

Raphael, meanwhile, was going crazy during the whole ride through the town. The smell of blood flowed through his nose, driving his hunger. Only the blood packs that came from the odd lady sustained his hunger. Raph still didn't know where he was or what was happening, except that he thirsts. Yet with every blood pack, he became slightly more aware and the more aware he became, the more he realized that something terrible had happened to him. The boy could only wonder what, but it made him terribly sad...

The car came to a stop and Raph found himself ushered out, wrapped in a hood that shielded his eyes from the sky. He looked and saw a group of people gathered together. The boy didn't know who they were they were, but blood ones again filled his nostrils, driving him to near frenzy. Only tearing into the blood pack with his fangs kept him beside the lady as she turned him away from the group and walked inside.
Last edited by Triassica on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraine!

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Mariah Wickham

Mariah didn't really have any questions—not that she could voice them even if she did— so she just kept silent, as was her curse. She turned back to see the vehicle that followed the bus, curious as to why the person on it wasn't with the others. When he bit into a bag of blood, she did have to wonder anymore. She worried internally if it was safe to be around him, since they had to have a reason to keep him away from everyone.

She looked back towards the road they drove in on. The cloud of airborne dirt from it still hung around, meaning she couldn't take her mask off to smell the forest air like she had originally wanted. She hoped that the inside was well maintained, since old buildings usually mean dust which could prove fatal to her system.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 pm

Joaquin Duque

As if regaining conscience from dreamless sleep Joaquin jerked himself from the seat, the school bus was now deserted and through the tinted windows he could see the other students standing outside next to the driver and a rather large bearded man. Not wanting to waste any more time Joaquin picked his duffel bag, before exiting the transport. The first thing he could see as he stepped out was an enormous mansion, much nicer than what he had imagined, a rather decent place to stay in the foreseeable future, all things considered.

“I’ve missed fresh air,” He said after taking a rather deep breath, then retrieving a cigarette that was neatly tucked behind his ear and lighting it. “But I’ve missed this much more.”

Triassica wrote:Raphael Raymond and Rachel Dawn

The car came to a stop and Raph found himself ushered out, wrapped in a hood that shielded his eyes from the sky. He looked and saw a group of people gathered together. The boy didn't know who they were they were, but blood ones again filled his nostrils, driving him to near frenzy. Only tearing into the blood pack with his fangs kept him beside the lady as she turned him away from the group and walked inside.

Joaquin walked towards the rest of the students, who seemed to be in the middle of an introductory speech by the large bearded man, who was probably the headmaster.
These new arrivals caught his attention as they rushed from their car to the mansion, particularly the hooded boy clutching a blood bag from which he seemed to be feeding, probably one of those sun-fearing bloodsuckers. He couldn’t blame the boy though, blood was rather sweet after all.
That God's name is Abraxas

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse