NATION

PASSWORD

The Condominium (IC; Open for Applications)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

The Condominium (IC; Open for Applications)

Postby Cylarn » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Ahari Stadium, Clovis Marches
The Condominium
1 August 2009

Meetings among the great crime bosses and slum warlords hardly ever took place behind closed doors. There were a multitude of reasons why - such as the possibility of the meeting place becoming a bloodbath. It had happened before, enough times that the bosses all came to the agreement that any and all “negotiations” would take place on neutral grounds. Nevertheless, the Antediluvians never revealed themselves to the denizens of their city, instead sending “Concierges” to negotiate on their behalf. Violence is still commonplace; neutral ground keeps everyone at an equal start when the bullets start flying.

Ahari Stadium could barely suffice as a reputable area, by cosmopolitan standards. The worn-down arena was once home to an actual professional soccer team, owned by the Ahari-gumi during their Condominium heyday in the '80s, up until most of the team was killed in a plane crash before their ‘86 game in Moscow. The concrete oval surrounding the dead field, with its numerous missing chunks and graffiti, had grown in ignored among the collection of cheap tenements around it. Seating for some two-thousand people had long been neglected. Dense swamps of trash filled many of the aisles, and some piles had even become large enough to topple into the field. Once a verdant green field meticulously nurtured and groomed for many a game, the playing field at Ahari was but patches of ashen-brown grass marked by wide swaths of brown dirt.

It was a place of the old world, forgotten long ago by its neighbors and condemned to wait for a slow dive into ruin. It suited the Antediluvians enough to hold their meetings at Ahari.

Up above the sky, two helicopters - AW109s colored in white paint schemes with a horizontal blue stripe on both sides - swept high over the rooftops of Clovis, rapidly approaching the stadium.

Aboard the helicopter...

Howard Ingles stared intently ahead out of his window, deaf to the rumbling around him as he listened to the sounds within his headset. As the chosen Concierge for the meeting, it was in his best interests to represent the interests of his employers and ensure success. This was a time in which Ingles was feeling the pressure, evident by the gathering glisten of sweat on his brow.

“I want to be sure that you understand the importance of our predicament,” an older, raspy, Italian-accented voice said to no one but Ingles.

The Concierge gave a curt nod, as if he was speaking to the Antediluvians in person.

“I understand it fully, sir,” the Concierge replied. “The uncertainty worries me.”

“As it does the rest of us. The Exchequer will most certainly be opposed to being defanged, but if there is one thing that asshole orphan knows, it's how to get everyone in his pocket.”

“Sir, what if the bosses refuse the offer?”

“Then be in the air in the next twenty minutes.”

The call abruptly dropped, and Ingles was jarred to reality by the voice of the pilot in his ears.

“Approaching the LZ now, sir.”

The Concierge looked away from the window as the helicopter came to a hover, casting a glance around the compartment at the men sitting with him. They were clad in navy-blue flightsuits, wearing black plate carriers, black balaclavas, and flight crew helmets. Their weapons - Heckler & Koch G3s and MP5s - rested with their butts down and barrels pointed upwards. The armed men settled their gaze on Ingles, waiting for his word. He reached out to the right ear-muff of his headset, and changed his frequency.

“Protocol is standard, gentlemen. Team Leaders, ensure that the grounds are secure. Team 1 will be covering the helicopters. Team 2, you have the high ground. If everything goes the way it should, not a shot will be wasted on these mongrels. If not...ensure that Gamma Protocol is in place.”

Ingles let out an internal sigh, invisible to the men in the helicopter. He had serious doubts that any boss would accept the buy-out. Change was coming to the Condominium, and Ingles feared that the failsafe option would only accelerate the sparks of conflict.

Approaching Ahari Stadium
Clovis Marches, The Condominium
1 August 2009

A line of four grey SUVs barreled down the patchy street, flanked on all sides by the goings-on of a local market. People coming to buy produce and “fresh” meat soon found themselves having to dodge the convoy as it cut through. The driver of the lead vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen, occasionally beeped his horn at the fish-like schools of market-goers. A few civilians raised their fjsts and belted out curses in a variety of languages, but the sight of three M4 carbine barrels protruding from half-opened windows of each SUV represented the danger that any escalation might pose.

In the third vehicle from the front, a Mercedes-Benz GLK, Sam Mahler-Cardona sipped a glass of bourbon, as his three companions in the vehicle argued over the purpose of the meeting. He leaned back in the front passenger chair, M4 resting in his lap and his eyes pointed towards the ceiling. The volume of the radio was curbed down, with the sound of Phil Collins coming muffled in the air.

Ben, his driver and long-time friend, rambled on about some gossip that he had heard. Something about the Chinese taking an interest in the Condominium. Sam had heard stories, but nothing that he particularly believed.

“So that Xheng guy I told you about,” the driver said, before being cut off.

“That Tong punk out near the Oolong fish market? You been hanging around with that sorry piece of work?” a woman's voice from the back spoke up. Her Hebrew was carried by an American accent.

“Anyways, Sarah, Xheng was talking shit to our guys when they were unloading fish last Wednesday,” Ben went on, moving his hands along with his words. “He said that the Reds over in Mainland China are invoking some ancient-ass decree that they supposedly have ownership over these islands. They said he was ecstatic about it, like he wants China to take over.”

Sam leaned his seat up, looking over at Ben. He sipped his bourbon.

“Is this that crap about Zheng He putting a garrison on Khonar, some hundreds of years ago?” Sam asked rhetorically. “That's some bullshit fairy tale, and prove me wrong. I don't trust Xheng at all, and neither should any of you.”

A walkie-talkie, clipped to a cupholder on the front console, buzzed to life with the voice of one of the men in the forward vehicle. Sam leaned in, silence took over the compartment.

“Stork 2, Stork Actual; approaching the stadium. Counting multiple cars, in three different clusters. Over.”

Sam sat his glass down in the cupholder, and unclipped his walkie-talkie, bringing it up to his mouth. He looked ahead, and saw the chipped white brick of the stadium growing closer and closer. Up in the distance, across an intersection and further down from the long cobblestone path to the stadium, there were cars waiting outside. No one parked in front of the entrance, leaving it as the middle ground.

Sam couldn't exactly tell who was waiting up ahead, but casting his sights up at the top stands of the stadium, he saw four silhouettes.

“Stork Actual to all Storks; bring it up past the intersection, but don't cross the entrance. I'm seeing four men on overwatch, top stands. Spaced...five meters apart, roughly. Angle with Stork 2 as to provide cover. Hop out and keep your barrels in the air. I want all sides covered and everyone on their guard until we know where everyone stands. Over.”

Sam lowered the walkie-talkie, and lowered his eyes to his clothing. A Birdseye Grey three-piece suit with a black tie, custom-tailored by an eight-generation Jewish tailor of Russian origin. He patted his chest, feeling the sturdy mixture of hard canvas and Class III kevlar plates underneath his dress shirt. He patted underneath his left arm pit, feeling the outline of a leather holster and the grip of a BUL M-5. Everything was where it was supposed to be.

The four vehicles pulled up to their chosen spot and, in practiced movements with careful consideration to reaction and speed, assembled in a diamond formation with their vehicles. Parked in such a way as to provide a formidable defense in such a shootout, it was a formation that the Liebermans could depend on. Ben brought the vehicle to a stop, at the rear of the formation, and threw on the parking break. Sam set his M4 to the side of his seat, and opened the door with his right hand, quickly climbing from the vehicle.

The Lieberman troops climbed from their vehicles, clad in professional suits and visible plate carriers, while toting a variation of automatic weapons. Between twelve and sixteen in total, the troops took positions around the vehicles, standing up straight with their rifle and carbine barrels turned up. Ben, carrying his Galil Carbine by his left side, approached the driver side of the forward vehicle - the G-Wagen, positioned fifty meters from the beginning of the path. He looked up towards the gated entrance. The rusted iron gates were closed, with a solid iron chain securing them together. The middle-aged Border Police veteran turned around, approaching Sam as the boss walked towards the rear of the G-Wagen.

“Gate's closed. Probably waiting for more people.”

Sam nodded, and produced a pack of Marlboro Red cigarettes from his pocket. He passed one to Be, and placed another in his mouth.

“I'll be up by the hood,” Sam muttered. “Shout if anyone pulls up on our side of the demarcation line and keep any stray shots from ringing out on our side.”

“Yes sir,” Ben replied, as he patted his pocket for a lighter. Feeling nothing, he looked up to see Sam holding a lighter out for him, the burning flame awaiting the cigarette. Ben grinned, and leaned in to light his cigarette. Without a word, Sam turned away and walked ahead of the G-Wagen, his eyes focused on the other side of the path, at the cars and figures opposite of him. He looked back towards the men on the stands. Exhaling a cloud of smoke, Sam wondered what would be happening next.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:21 pm

1 August 2009

It was, of course, a trap.

Watching Steve Collins, Divya Chandran felt her palms turn clammy. He sat there next to her, in the back seat of the armored Cadillac Escalade, flipping through financial reports and spreadsheets. Steve wore reading glasses, perched on the tip of his nose. Grey was starting to creep into his temples. Every now and then, he let out a soft "huh," and his red pen slashed decisively across the paper. He could have been sitting in his walnut-paneled office on the sixtieth floor of the Exchequer.

"I still wish Jerm were here," Divya said quietly.

Steve glanced at her over the top of his glasses-frames, his brown eyes alert and calculating. They always were. Divya had recognized a long time ago that for Steve Collins, love and manipulation existed in tension but not in opposition.

"I know," Steve replied after a moment. He flipped the folder in his lap shut. "Better not, though. Real power isn't showing up with an army. It's not needing to."

I'm sure everyone will understand that point when you're dead. Divya shook her head and looked out the bulletproof-glass window at the teeming market. Steve smiled briefly, and she knew that he'd read her thoughts. "Besides," the banker continued, "if things go bad, and Jerm is there with us, the best he could do would be to step in front of a bullet. And that would be a waste of talent." Steve took off his glasses and tucked them into an inside pocket of his dark blue wool Nehru suit. "I want Jerm leading the extraction team to get us out, if that's how this goes down."

"And that's what he's doing?" Divya asked.

Steve nodded. "Sitting on a Little Bird with four of our best, seven minutes out." He reached forward and clapped the armored shoulder of the man in front of him, in the Cadillac's passenger seat. "Think you can keep us alive for that long, Arnav?"

The big man didn't smile, and his eyes didn't stop their ceaseless seach for threats outside his window. "You put my kids through school," he said. "You built that school. You put my mother through cancer treatment. And you built that clinic." Arnav nodded. "I may not leave that stadium, Mr. Collins. But you will. I promise."

Steve Collins nodded. He didn't get choked up, this man; since he was seventeen years old, sobbing over Andre Baxter's body, Divya had never seen him cry. But she saw a vein pulse, just once, in the side of Steve's neck, and she knew what the bodyguard's words had meant to him.

"Six times," Divya said. "You may not remember, but I do. Six times they've tried to kill you."

"I remember," Steve replied. "But that's not the kind of trap this is."

Divya simply raised her eyebrows. Steve smiled again, humorlessly this time. "You don't call half the bosses in the city together just to kill me. This is a meeting of my biggest customers. They may all owe me money, but they don't want me dead. They need to invest their profits somewhere, and no one else can give them my level of return on investment." Steve shook his head. "They're not going to ask my clients to kill the goose that lays them golden eggs. Not to kill it literally, anyway."

Divya nodded. "So this is about - competition."

Steve shrugged. "That's my guess. They've thrown lead at us. We're still here. Now they'll try throwing silver. Offer to buy all the bonds we hold, wipe out everybody's debt. Maybe offer to buy everyone's stock in the bank, at a mark-up high enough to justify the loss of future income for the shareholders. Something like that."

Divya let out a low chuckle. "So you think they're going to fight us where we're strongest. They're that stupid?"

"They're old. And arrogant." Steve didn't smile. "If they try to curry favor by buying bonds, we'll refuse to sell and remind everyone how much money we've made for them just in the last year. Debt's a small price to pay for those kinds of returns. If they try to bully the clients by coercing them to sell their stock, we'll just offer a one-time-only bonus return to outweigh whatever they're offering." Steve waved a hand. "We had three hundred million dollars in profits last year. We moved more money on international markets than the entire economy of Laos. We can afford to buy some loyalty."

Divya nodded. "And if anyone breaks ranks, we'll let them know that their accounts will be frozen, their assets confiscated, and a full record of their global investments submitted to Interpol."

Now, at last, Steve smiled for real, white teeth flashing against his brown face. "Precisely."

Divya smiled back. Steve liked it, she knew, when she was ruthless. They had both clawed their way out of the muck of the Khonar Island shantytowns. No one did that by pulling punches.

"We're here." Arnav nodded at the crumbling white wall of the stadium ahead, his eyes following the armed men who stood among the top stands. A number of cars were already parked around the locked iron gate, though no one had parked in front of it. Divya watched Steve's face, and saw one corner of his mouth twitch upward, and she knew that he was considering telling Arnav to park right in front of the gate: gauging the idea, savoring it, discarding it. She thought of Steve as a child, grandly upending his fishing net to let the day's catch fall writhing to the dock all at once.

Steve Collins had always had a flare for the dramatic.

In the Cadillac's driver's seat, Arnav's partner parked opposite a diamond formation of grey SUVs, which disgorged a team of armed men and women. From their professionalism and precision, Divya recognized them as belonging to the Lieberman family: neither a power player nor an irrelevancy, but very good at what they did, and deeply reliant on the Exchequer for their finances. She turned to Steve. "I read something interesting in the China Daily this morning."

"Hm?" Steve unbuckled his seatbelt. "What's that?"

"Beijing's talking about its historic claim to the Condominium again. Zheng He. All that nonsense."

Steve paused, his hand already on the handle of the Escalade's heavy armored door. "Are they indeed?" He cocked his head, considering, playing chess five moves ahead. And then he nodded once. "Good. Yes, under these circumstances - good."

Divya shook her head. "We've always taken risks, Steve. That's how we got where we are. But this - this is on a whole different scale."

Steve Collins smiled. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." He shoved the armored door open and stepped out into the sweltering heat of the tropical afternoon. Divya just saw the flash of Steve's grin as he glanced over his shoulder. "That's capitalism."

True to his word, Steve Collins had not shown up with an army. He had brought one car: an armored black Cadillac Escalade, dusty from the Clovis Island roads, with two small flags bearing the Exchequer's scales-and-arrow symbol fluttering from atop its engine compartment. And the Exchequer's whole party was just four strong: Steve himself, Divya Chandran, and their two bodyguards.

Most bosses in the Condominium had met Steve Collins at least once, but he never failed to defy their expectations. He was wiry and of average height, in a society led largely by imposing brutes. He wore a dark blue wool Nehru suit, with the top two buttons undone to show a white shirt and the knot of a gold silk necktie. His face was blandly handsome, taking more after his Tamil mother than his Irish father, and his black hair was combed back from a neat side part. He carried no obvious weapon, and if he wore body armor, it was invisible under his suit. Only the burn scarring on Steve's palms, old and shiny, gave any indication of how far he had climbed to reach his present heights.

Next to him was Divya Chandran, the Exchequer's COO. Like Steve, she was in her late thirties; like him, she was of obvious Indian extraction; like him, she was good-looking in an unexceptional way, save for her very large, watchful dark eyes. She wore a very simply cut dark blue shalwar kameez, sparingly trimmed in subtle gold embroidery: practical businesswear for a hot climate. And she carried a substantial, boxy black leather briefcase with a complicated silver lock.

Behind the two executives were their two bodyguards. Unlike most criminal enforcers in the Condominium, the Reform Militia did not wear civilian clothes. They considered themselves soldiers, and they looked the part. Both men wore plain olive-drab fatigues with plate carriers and high-cut helmets, and they carried FN SCAR rifles. Arnav, the more senior of the two, had a sergeant's stripes on his sleeve in subdued green.

Now, Steve walked briskly over to where Sam Cardona stood among his heavily armed associates. Arnav stayed two steps behind him. Divya lingered near the Escalade, and the other Militia trooper remained with her, carefully watching the guards who stood atop the stadium wall.

"Mister Mahler-Cardona." Steve walked up to Sam and offered his hand for a shake; the scarring on his palm had a dull gleam in the afternoon sun. "You look well. Better than the Shu-Xheng-Ton look right now, at any rate." There was very little that happened on the Condominium to which Steve Collins did not pay close attention, and there was a knowing glint in his eye as he continued. "You know, I realize I've never asked: are you a family man, Mister Mahler-Cardona? I know you've, ah - moved around a bit, in your career. But given what you've achieved here in the last year, I wondered if you were putting down personal roots as well."
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:33 am

31 July 2009, 1800h (one day prior)
The Condominium - Hero Dunes
World Hotel (セカイホテル)
Penthouse executive suite

There were a lot of crime lords in the world who looked nothing like crime lords. Men whom nobody would suspect to be rulers of the underworld if one saw them at a supermarket or a restaurant with their children.

Kuniharu Takizawa II was not one of those men; every part of his body oozed the aura of a man steeped in blood and crime politics. Always dressed in traditional Japanese clothes, yet an avid listener of German classical music, he was a man of apparent contradictions, with one eye covered by an eyepatch and a long white beard.

In his youth, Kuniharu II had fought under his father and godfather to wrest the Hero Dunes from a troika of three other yakuza families, becoming leader of an organisation that had, for forty years, ruled over the pristine white beaches unvanquished; now an old man, withered and hunched over his ornate sword cane, the Emperor of the Dunes (as he was known to his men) had retreated largely into his lavish penthouse apartment, fitted with gold railings at strategic locations to facilitate his frail movements.

Kuniharu II was not an unwise or power-hungry man. The continuity of an organisation, he understood, rested on his being able to establish a well-respected, clear line of succession, and to that end, he would have to ponder over the lists of names of the ones residing in the Makino-Takizawa-gumi's uppermost echelons.

That one particular afternoon, he'd called over two of his relatives for lunch; his half-brother Akinori Takizawa, and his nephew Donald Tabuchi. Neither were members of the Takizawa family or its yakuza organisation, strictly speaking, but were closely associated nonetheless. Akinori's men, for example, held a monopoly on LSD and magic mushroom distribution in the Hero Dunes, keeping out the dealers of the now heavily weakened Uchiha group that had fought with the Makino-Takizawa forty years ago, and Donald Tabuchi was Chairman of the Board of the World Hotel, the de facto headquarters of Takizawa's empire.

"You must forgive me for the music", Kuniharu II said to his two guests apologetically, in English that bore no trace of any accent other than pure received pronunciation. "My tinnitus has been getting worse."

"No worries", the 30-year-old Donald Tabuchi replied. Unlike his uncle, Tabuchi spoke in English with a fake-sounding New York accent and in Japanese with an imitation of the sort of twang one normally associated with the Shōwa Emperor, as if he were trying to sound more sophisticated than he really was, like an East Asian version of Jay Gatsby. He certainly fit the image too, appearance wise, his hair plastered down to his head as if it had been embalmed, his suit flashy and tight-fitting.

"I, too, happen to enjoy Bruckner very much."

"Good to hear that", Kuniharu II said with an amicable chuckle, taking a seat at his mahogany dining table.

Akinori Takizawa, a gruff, middle-aged man dressed in smart casual, did not reply. He wasn't known to be talkative.

With his two guests seated round the table, Kuniharu II sent his bodyguards out, and then proceeded to pour cups of green tea for them.

"Perhaps you already know", he said, "why I have called you here."

"The succession", Tabuchi suggested.

Kuniharu II nodded, taking a sip of the hot green tea.

"I need a little bit of input", he said tersely. "I've got two or three people in mind for now, but at the moment, not a single one of them strikes me as exceptionally worthy." He reached into his well-pressed kimono and withdrew a little paper notebook, tossing it to Tabuchi, who flipped gingerly through the yellowing pages.

"I would say Shū-chan is a good choice", he suggested.

"Because he's your cousin?" Akinori inquired, his voice scratchy like a bear's growl.

"Not at all", Tabuchi protested with a fake smile. "I recommend him because I think he is the one who has the most rapport with the men. At the moment, only Uncle has universal appeal in the organisation. I would say that appointing a controversial successor would rock the boat too much, and we don't want that at this juncture. Not with the Ahari conference tomorrow."

Akinori cleared his throat.

"The kid can't keep his cock to himself", he said. "Have you seen the things he does in his free time? It's a miracle he doesn't have liver failure or syphilis by now."

"Yes, about that... it just requires a little bit of PR to fix..."

"I'm well aware of Shūichirō's behaviour", Kuniharu II said calmly, the ghost of a smile forming upon his lips as he once again lifted his glass to his lips. "But at the moment, I'd much rather have him than Moto or the woman. Like Donald said: he's the only one of the three who won't cause any violent rifts in our organisation."

"Yes, yes... if only our boy Takuya hadn't overdosed on cocaine eight months ago... we wouldn't be stuck in this situation of... choosing the least of three evils."

"There is one more person I like", said Kuniharu II. "Shōto Fujinuma. My grandson. He's a mature young man, with a very sharp mind. He has a third dan in judo, and perhaps most importantly... his mother is from the Makino clan. That'd shut them up."

"Problem is, he's only seventeen", said Tabuchi. "Nobody wants a seventeen-year-old boss."

"Which is why", said Kuniharu II, "we are narrowed down to three."

Akinori nodded and sipped his tea.

"I trust your judgement, Uncle", said Tabuchi. "For now, I'll continue to watch over Shōto. Make sure he doesn't land himself in a coffin like Takuya."

"Shū-chan will be my favoured successor for now", said Kuniharu II, with the air of a judge about to slam the gavel, "until such time as we are able to replace him with someone more favourable. Moto and that woman Yuriko will be our backups."

Slowly, he stood up, reaching for his walking stick (which Tabuchi promptly gave to him), and then hobbling over to the window, looking out at the beach as the sun descended below the horizon and cast rays of crimson light across the pristine sands. Soon, it would be night, and the beach parties would continue with the lights up. No doubt, the karaoke rooms would be full too; some rich flake who'd made a sudden fortune at a casino on the other end of the Condominium had booked out six night slots and had registered a whopping 36 people. It wasn't going to be a quiet night.

"I will be sending Shūichirō to the Ahari meeting tomorrow", Kuniharu II continued, stroking his beard thoughtfully. "I'll have Ivan accompany him, just to make sure he behaves himself."

"The Georgian?" Akinori asked.

"Yes", Kuniharu II replied. "The Georgian."

31 July 2009, 1915h
A beach bar near the World Hotel

True to expectations, 36-year-old Shūichirō Tachibana was having a fun time just a few metres off the World Hotel, and it wasn't even completely dark yet. Decked out in a tailored suit, his hair coiffed up into an elaborate undercut pompadour almost the same length as his long face, he was already piss-drunk and red-faced, the slight beginning of a belly showing under his G2000 shirt as he straddled a bikini-clad woman who was at least eight years younger than him and just as drunk.

This was a normal occurrence for Shūichirō Tachibana, who had no qualms about making use of his uncle's money to enjoy himself. He did do a lot of work in the organisation, after all; it was only fair that he get to enjoy himself now and then, wasn't it?

"Oh, please", moaned the woman, as she lap-danced and fondled the yakuza scion passionately. "Hurt me tonight, daddy!"

"Yes", moaned Shūichirō in response. "I'm your daddy!"

The five bodyguards surrounding the two tried as hard as possible to prevent the people around from taking pictures of the very public spectacle the two were making of themselves on the deck chair, but were forced to move aside as a Caucasian man dressed in a casual office shirt with rolled up sleeves pushed them aside without so much as a variation in his expression and towered over Shūichirō.

"Shū-chan", said the Caucasian man. "Your uncle wants to see you at 9-o-clock. I'm giving you another half an hour to play. After that, you're going to see him."

"Stop this, Ivan Ambrosis Ber... Berza... Berzunoo...", Shūichirō shot back at the Georgian, unable to pronounce his surname in his drunken stupor. "Berzam... fuck you... Balalazoo..."

Ivan glared at him. Shūichirō got the message.

"7:45PM", said Ivan, looking at his $60 plastic Casio watch. "Meet me at the lobby."

"Yes, 7:45PM", said Shūichirō, looking at his $70,000 Vacheron Constantin. "Ah shit, it's stopped!"

"Use your phone, then", said Ivan. "Don't be late."

1745h
1 August 2009

Ivan Ambrosis Berdzenishvili's reminder to Shūichirō fell on deaf ears, and it took a significant amount of dragging and arguing to finally get the very-drunk 36-year-old to his uncle's penthouse, clad only in dirty underwear. A furious Kuniharu Takizawa II had slapped his nephew across the face so hard that it left a hand-shaped welt that was still barely visible the next morning. Having been told personally by his uncle that he was to listen to every word of what Ivan said, Shūichirō had no choice but to obey, whether he liked it or not.

In contrast to the luxury cars distributed by the Makino-Takizawa, the car that Ivan went about in was a rather ordinary black Corolla, the only indication that it belonged to someone with clout being the dark tints on the windows.

"Where are we going?" A more muted and very much sober Shūichirō Tachibana, dressed more smartly and understatedly (though still with his $70k watch), sat in the back seat of the car, beside another young man; Seishirō Itō, a slim 27-year-old with a wild head of hair that resisted combing. Ivan himself insisted on driving his own car.

"The Ahari Stadium", Ivan matter-of-factly replied. "There's a meeting of crime lords taking place today. Your uncle wants to give you some experience."

"Hm."

They drove on in silence.

"What kind of experience?" Shūichirō asked again.

"Experience... you know... dealing with other crime lords", said Ivan.

"Oh, I see. Who's that woman? That one in the picture you have on the dashboard-"

"She's a better person than I ever was", Ivan replied coldly. "Braver, stronger, and more intelligent. Now stop asking me questions."

Evidently unable to assert himself more, Shūichirō fell into silence. There was something about the quiet, terse nature of the Georgian that put the yakuza scion at unease. Perhaps it was that deep, underlying fear that beneath the introverted, introspective exterior, lay a highly disturbed spirit ready to pounce on anybody who probed further. Shūichirō was hardly a person who was able to read feelings, but even he could see something in Ivan's eyes that told him it wouldn't be such a good idea to provoke him more than necessary, if at all.

They soon pulled up at the stadium, that fateful place where the rulers of the Condominium came to meet, out in the open. There were already a few people there, all of whom Ivan recognised, but with whom he had no intention to interact with, for the time being.

"Stay near the car", said Ivan to Shūichirō, buttoning up his blazer and putting on a pair of small black sunglasses. "Don't talk unnecessarily."

Seishirō remained in the car, holding a briefcase.

Quietly, Ivan scanned the faces of the others who had already arrived. An interesting, rather ominous bunch.

For now, the representatives of the Makino-Takizawa-gumi would do as they had always done: lie low, maintain good relations with the surrounding powers, reap the profits of their vices, and protect their territory with the ferocity of a lioness watching over her cubs.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:54 am

Reverend Norv wrote:-snip-

Collins.

Sam turned his head to see his banker, approaching from the opposite side of the street, followed behind by a tactical wall of a man. Three of the Israelis positioned near the G-Wagen began to call out in Hebrew, attention focused on the two approaching gentlemen. Sam dropped his cigarette into an exposed patch of earth, exposed beneath the asphalt. His left foot instinctively crushed the lit cigarette.

It was a sign of respect. Sam had no intention of offending Steve Collins. A low, heavy voice, that of Ben, gave a command in Hebrew, and the gunmen eased up in their stares, instead giving the Reform the benefit of being ignored.

Sam turned his body to face Steve, and took a step forward with his right hand outstretched. He locked eyes with the man, and delivered a firm handshake.

"Mister Collins, it is good to have you with us," Sam spoke, his English clear and discernable but obviously saddled with a strange hodge-podge of an American-Israeli accent. Sam released his hand, and gave a genuine chuckle to the reference to the Triads recently defeated by the Lieberman Family. A brief snippet of Negev's burning sedan popped into his head, but Sam shook the thought away, and kept his attention on Steve. He stepped slightly to the side of the man, body mostly positioned towards the stadium entrance.

Are you a family man? Sam had entertained the thought; a wife and children, a legacy. His professional life had prevented such from happening. Now, his banker was asking what amounted to a personal question, in the eyes of Sam. His face stayed neutral, however, and understood what Steve meant by personal roots.

"I haven't had time to entertain the thought, truth be told," Sam admitted, and smirked. "Now, if you were to arrange for me a blind date, I would not say no."

Sam chuckled at his own joke, and looked up towards the men in the stands.

"They haven't started shooting yet. That has to be a good sign."

The sound of gravel crunching took Sam's attention. Turning around, he saw a black Corolla pull up, and an Asian man climb out of the vehicle, standing with a briefcase. Shūichirō. He looked back at Steve.

"Looks like the Japanese delegation has arrived."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:55 am

17:46 01-08-2009
Ahari Stadium

Prisca slid her fingertips along the trim of the Range Rover Sport. More than a touch of unease clearly visible on her face; she felt for all the world like a debutante at a 1950s ball. And for a meeting of this magnitude...! It hadn't helped that Oma had picked Metropolitan to watch for the weekly Friday movie night, after seeing The Last Days of Disco last week; but she knew better than to think Marit Simon was trying to tell her something. Her family (and her Family) just didn't work that way.

She wished she could at least have ridden her Kawasaki 1400GTR, out of familiarity, but both Edith and Patrick had objected at length. The need to show strength at least equal to the other parties who would appear, the need for security for herself, and so on. ("How will our ability to do business with the others go, if we do not show our seriousness?" from Opa.) And so it was that she found herself next to Edith in the back seat of Jeffords' SUV, flanked by a pair of Bitter End Horsemen on their own bikes and with two more in front. The British man had raised ten kinds of hell when he found out he wouldn't be driving his own prized possession, and that at least had been entertaining for her, knowing that he didn't really mean it but was merely being cantankerous over not being able to be there in person.

The passenger twisted around in his seat. "We are there, Miss Prisca, despite the crowd of sailors," the dark-complexioned South Asian said, and she straightened and ran through one of the quick breathing exercises Oma had shown her, when she first started getting her unexplained aches and pains. They'd bonded over that, old age and mysterious disease that didn't show any other serious sign, but yet puzzled the doctors.

She looked to Edith as the wall of Ahari Stadium came into view, with a Japanese car and two other groups already present. One minute late and they were already fourth to arrive? But the sudden quiet, as the two outriders cut their engines and dismounted, broke into her thoughts. She allowed herself a quick sigh as the pair outside grasped their shoulder-slung shotguns, but did nothing else with the weapons. The driver and passenger waited, leaving the Land Rover in drive with the parking brake on as they'd been told, ready for a quick escape.

They must look a sight from outside, Prisca thought, a regular United Nations committee. Two Caucasian women, a Javanese passenger, an Afro-Surinamese driver, and a pair of shotgun-toting Indians.

"Ready when you are," she said to Edith, and opened her door, moving slowly toward the others.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 am

17:46 01-08-2009
Ahari Stadium

Meetings of this grandeur was never Edith's forte. She preferred the quiet elegance of a fine dining restaurant, or the ambiance and sophistication of a lounge - preferably one that overlooked the city skyscrapers or the ocean beyond. And always on a one-to-one basis, maybe a party of four at most, but never a gathering of this magnitude. It screamed danger, it scream bullets, and it was putting the least combative person in the Family out of her comfort zone. But this was necessary, as she'd been informed, impressed upon, and herself to pass on the advice to Prisca. One of her select informants caught wind of an appointment, dutifully passed it along, and took sometime for Edith to confirm the validity of said meeting. All for naught, as it seemed, the meeting invitation did not go amiss with Marit Simon. Edith couldn't help but feel in tinge of shame for the lack of expeditious results, were she in Rotterdam like they used to be, Edith would've known sooner of such developments.

Still, the meeting was accepted (after some hesitation, understandably) and she managed to get Patrick to bolster her and convince Prisca to show up with an entourage. While she appreciated the younger woman's spirit, Prisca was all too important to venture alone in this place, or ride alone on one of those mobile death traps the Horsemen were so fond of. And because of that, it naturally meant Edith was to accompany her. She had only ever been to such occasions a handful of times, and never was she part of the higher up's party. Did this mean she had advanced herself further than her own calculations? Was it a test? Edith never bothered with such nuisance since the beginning. Test of 'loyalty', test of 'ruthlessness', test of whatever; none of that mattered to Edith as she always proved herself in the end. Perhaps too well, she mused, gazing idly at the scenery as the Land Rover barreled forward to the stadium, a Horseman trailing right beside her side of the SUV.

The walls of the Ahari Stadium came to view, looming larger as they approached by the second. Her face expression must have betrayed her contempt at meeting in a place left to squalor as Prisca's words caught her attention and quickly nodded in silence. If show of strength was the message, so was appearances, and Edith plucked a compact from her small purse and quickly took measure of her make up and hair. Taking a shallow breath, she shoved the compact back in and left her purse in the SUV as she stepped out. She moved casually to Prisca's left, taking measure of the others already in attendance. The entourage must have looked like an odd mix indeed, but mattered little to Edith, she was out for information and committing faces to memory was as paramount as the meeting onto itself.

Skaldia
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:36 pm

17:47 01-08-2009
Ahari Stadium

Eamon's eyes were closed, enjoying the waves of music from Beethoven's Sonata no. 14 in C sharp minor. He wasn't all that acquainted with classical music but knew it was what fancy types and listened to. Even if he didn't particularly listen to it in his off-time, Miss Blue did and Eamon actually did his best to make sure the woman was as composed and professional as possible. She was lethal when in her element, dictating his schedule and maintaining his air of mystery as owner of the Máel Dúin and assassin extraordinaire. She was also one of the best martial artists Eamon had ever seen and the assumed Mistress of the Silk, a quickly growing all-female assassin organization. She didn't seem to begrudge being outed as the 'leader' of the Silk, and the Girls loved her, not least because of her similar history to theirs.

The fact that Eamon acted completely oblivious to the fact that she was the Mistress allowed some independence when acting in her assumed role, not least because Eamon wanted to appear as only a business owner and only occasional hitman for hire by the other factions. If they knew that he was the actual Master of the Silk it might force him to take sides in any potential conflict and the last thing he wanted to do was take a side in any conflict that threatened the stability of the Islands.

It was much better to try and profit from the war rather than be a casualty.

"Make sure the dossiers on each potential threat in the meeting is burned when we return to the club, Miss Blue."He said in her native Korean as he opened his eyes and the sonata came to an end. He had had an affinity for language since his days in the SAS and Miss Blue appreciated hearing her native tongue, even if Eamon's mastery of Korean was far from accomplished. She nodded from where she sat next to him in the Gurkha RPV as it sped along the road. In spite of the dangerous meeting that was coming up, she and only the driver were present, a young bouncer from Australia who had signed up to work at the Club almost three years ago. He was Miss Blue's second and thus someone to be marginally trusted by Eamon. If he had had his way it would have only been he and Miss Blue but she had insisted he bring another one to at least show a degree of strength in the meetings.

He wasn't unduly concerned. He was one of the top assassins in the world not because he was delicate. Secreted on his person was a host of knives including a .50 cal Desert Eagle tucked under his right armpit in a supple black shoulder holster and looking clean in his suit. Miss Blue was similarly armed to the teeth, although for her it had been more difficult, wearing a simple green dress. The only person that was openly armed was Bruno, sporting a modified HK416 and holsters on both sides of his hips. He surveyed the other people with a blank expression more suited for a statue but the way he handled his rifle indicated his nervousness.

In contrast, Mr. Donovan and Miss Blue were the epitome of calm. As they both exited their vehicle and Miss Blue came to stand beside him, they viewed the other people with open curiosity, Eamon with a faint smile on his face."Right. Let's start dancing." He said under his breath to Miss Blue and began to walk towards where everyone was gathering.
Last edited by Skaldia on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
||Empty||
||“The lesson of history is that no one learns.”
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||
||“Chaos needs no allies, for it dwells like a poison in every one of us.”

TG for Discord

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 am

The Chaldean Mafia - Karoukian OCG
The Condominium

The Chaldeans under Saul Karoukian had been keeping a low profile within the Condominium, choosing instead to hole up within their heavily guarded casino and consolidate their territories from within. The Via Dolorosa was one of the well-known casinos in the Condominium, and it served as an even better base of operations for the Chaldean Mafia representatives. Situated on Whitaker Island, which had the lowest percentage of crimes in the Condominium, made sure that any incursions on the casino would be significantly lessened. And if an attack did come, the Chaldeans would be very much prepared for it. Time kept moving forward though, and sooner or later the Chaldeans would be forced to make a move. Playing things safely was a good idea, but not for the long run. Maybe Saul and the Chaldeans knew this, as there were reports of a small Assyrian presence on the outskirts of Khonar Island. They were presumably smuggling in weapons and distributing them to the dealers on Khonar, but a person with perceptive eyes could make out that there were a bit too much guns to distribute.

Perhaps the Chaldeans were receiving their arsenal in bulk, and their buyers on Khonar Island were very excited for it. Perhaps firearms were slowly but surely becoming a number one commodity on the island, and the Chaldeans caught sight of it. Or maybe, the Chaldeans had decided that it was time to crawl out of their rabbit holes and show the Italians, Russians, Jews, Chinese, and Japanese what they got. The craving that slumbered deep beneath Saul finally waking up, reminding the Assyrian kingpin that it was still there all this time, and it needed to be satisfied. Maybe it was the same craving that drove Saul to attend this meeting of Condominium's crime lords, hopeful that he would find an answer to his craving; the way for him to sate it. Power, greed, lust, who knew? It could turn out to be all three of those.

A small convoy of three armored SUVs drove through the busy streets of Clovis Marches, tinted windows fully rolled down, except for one where Saul was particularly on. Each car were occupied by four heavily armed men, including the drivers. A report came in from their earpieces as the large stadium walls appeared on their horizon. "Tango's on sight. Make ready, everyone," the signature *clicking* sound of guns made audible as the voice came in. Saul blew smoke out of his window and flicked what was left of his cigar, himself preparing his own gun in the frontseat. It was a custom silver-painted Browning Hi-Power, decorated with hand-engravings which depict various Christian holy symbols, along with a touch of wooden grip. A classic. As the convoy reached its destination, the armed Assyrian men disembarked, toting their H&K G36 assault rifles in motion. They were dressed in full uniform as the men could be seen sporting black tees under their ballistic vests, with motorcycle masks covering their faces, and black caps decorating their heads. Most likely a way for them to easily distinguish one another in case of an unwanted firefight.

Saul himself wore pretty much the same apparel as his men, the mask and cap excluded. He tilted his head aside, trying to get a good look of those who had arrived before him. Him and his men were a few rows behind, considering they were the latest to arrive. Three of his men stood near him at all times as the rest secured their perimeters with wary eyes and watched for any more arrivals, if there were any.
Last edited by New Minahasa on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Ahari Stadium
P. Simon, Penose

Prisca stood there for a few beats, doing her own once-over of the assembled group. The Japanese and his driver made her feel less self-conscious; she knew most of the gangs around here were clustered together on ethnic lines. It did make things easier to deal with, if she was honest with herself - negotiating with a group who more or less had the same cultural starting point as each other.

She shifted her gaze to the loose gaggle of men and one woman facing each other, conversing casually. Everyone on the Condominium knew Steve Collins and his associates by sight, but she had no idea of the tan, bland-faced one speaking with him. Her motorcycle leathers stretched taut against her skin and the dark red fabric of her dress as she turned to ask Edith who he might be. She locked eyes with her longtime friend and then saw past the older woman to another tall man with a huge pistol under his arm, this one trailed by an Asiatic woman and then four more men, three of them masked and carrying intimidating-looking military rifles.

She jumped, and at that both the Horsemen who were still on their bikes leveled their shotguns in warning; a pair of clinks warped their way through the warm afternoon, followed by both engines being revved. Behind them, the Land Rover's windows slid down and the barrels of two MP7s poked through the space as well.

"Get back behind us, Miss Prisca, Miss Edith," came the instructions in that thickened mix of Caribbean and Gujarati accent; but even before they could, both the mounted Horsemen moved their bikes in front as concealment and distraction.

If she'd had the capacity to think clearly, Prisca might have wondered if picking the rough and tumble Horsemen as security for this kind of thing was the right choice; but in the end they were all the muscle the Penose had, and they were loyal. That outweighed every other consideration in her grandparents' eyes, and in hers as well.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:15 pm

Edith Tyne w/Prisca

The older woman shook her head, raising her right hand to stop their loyal dogs from advancing and one over to gently grab Prisca by her wrist. Her hair fell to one side as she tilted her head ever so slightly, enough so that tufts of hair concealed her face from Eamon and his lady as they continued their approach, albeit slower now. To anyone looking their opposite direction could see Edith's expression - if only but half, her grey eyes silently communicated a message to her trusted friend even if no one understood. But it was the gesture, the graceful move for reaching the would-be head of the Penose family that was a most intimate; a familiar between two persons that no one would dare say something offhand about. To do so would be insulting, and tension was high enough having so many rivals in one area without unnecessary rudeness.

She gave a small smile after a moment, nodding her head in a knowing manner as though Prisca had confirmed something for their eyes only. Edith looked up, turning to their men and cleared her hair from view with a nonchalant move. She lowered her hand and offered the same smile. The obnoxious sounds of the revved engines ceased immediately, and all of them briefly looked upon Prisca, wondering if they had overstepped. "Prisca appreciates your zeal, but as you were gentlemen, and please, do put the guns away. We may be in the company of other... figures, but the last we can afford is to be trigger happy."

"The man is armed," the Caribbean one said simply, his eyes narrowed and looked disapproving of being countermanded. Diplomacy, it was never the Horsemen strong suit.

Edith fought to roll her eyes, but let out a breath before speaking, trying not to point out the obvious in a condescending manner. It barely veiled itself behind her quiet, but sturdy, tone, "We all are; let's not make it a fight if we can help it. I'd like for us to leave this place intact."

"You aren't," he emphasized through gritted teeth and barely a whisper.

"They don't know that and let's keep it that way," Edith responded firmly in her whisper, her gaze bored into him with equal fervor. He eyed her a moment longer and then nodded tightly; the last to lower his weapon.

Returning to her previous side at Prisca's left, she offered a gentler smile to her friend, one that had an entirely different message - something she hoped the other woman took meaning with: Stand your ground.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Eamon Donovan
Miss Blue
Bruno

Eamon's smile grew more broad when his eyes locked in on the Horsemen and the two women standing before them. Glancing sidelong at Miss Blue, he motioned towards them with his head who replied with a nod but once. With their mission decided, Eamon unbuttoned his suit jacket and began to amble over towards the two women, seemingly oblivious to the Chaldeans as they pulled up and fanned out, deftly ignoring them as he walked over to the two women. The smile melted away like water from his face, replaced with one of stone, his eyes calculating and intent, but appreciating the beauty of the two women before him. Miss Blue came to stop just behind him to his right with Bruno trailing the furthest behind as they came to a stop five feet away from the two women. Bruno turned completely around and assumed a relaxed guard stance, surveying everything around them in case someone decided to do anything untoward.

The silence stretched for but a moment before Eamon spoke."Miss Simon, Miss Tyne." Eamon's voice was deep, speaking with barely a discernible accent, but pleasant to the ear nonetheless."My name is Eamon Donovan. This," He motioned to Miss Blue who bowed slightly in being addressed,"Is my associate Miss Blue. I own the Máel Dúin on Whitaker Island." He had a habit of staring them straight in the eye, his light green eyes unreadable but as if he was attempting to search their soul."Apologies for not approaching you before this meeting, but my pragmatism decides I must under these almost regrettable circumstances." He cleared his throat and reached in to his jacket pocket, slowly so as not to be riddled with bullets. His hand came back with a business card.

"If I may be blunt, there are certain operations you have in place that would be of benefit to me and my business." He handed the card to Miss Tyne, nodding briefly his thanks for her acceptance of the card. On the surface of the card was the name Máel Dúin engraved in silver. Below that a number."Please, once this unpleasantness is settled, contact me. I have a lucrative enterprise in mind that I'm sure you would be interested in." A small smile touched his lips before disappearing almost as soon as it had appeared."Pleasure meeting you ladies. Miss Simon. Miss Tyne." Nodding to both of them, he took a step back, turned on his heel and ambled away just as confidently as he had approaching them. When they passed Bruno, he turned around and was the last to break eye contact with the ladies, his eyes as inscrutable as his masters. After three feet, he turned around and followed the pair.

"That went better than anticipated."

"How do you know?" Miss Blue couldn't help the incredulity creep in to her voice.

"We are still breathing." He said with a chuckle. His eyes had never stopped roving and they finally settled on the Chaldeans. Clearing his throat, he began to approach them as confidently, but carefully, as he had the Penose.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 am

The Condominium
1 August 2009
Nadia Verona

Nadia and her associates were on their way to reach the stadium. The Veronas came in a convoy, of six vehicles. Nadia was happened to be inside of an armored Fiat SUV. One of the many perks of being part of the Cosa Nostra's branch is that you can buy cars for cheaper price, even if it is still only slightly cheaper due to the process known as importing. About 24 men and women, including her, were on their way. Nadia looked to her people, armed to the teeth with the standard-issued guns, inside vehicles stuffed with extensive protection modifications. Being one of the larger fish in the pond, it's very easy to be killed if you are not securing yourself.

There will be many families, crime gangs, street, and perhaps even some mysterious people out there as well. There may be potential partners for Verona's, as they would like ally or allies to better solidify their position in the Condominium, despite their current strong standing which makes things easier anyway.

They finally arrived, only to find that they might not be the first. Rather, they were the last to arrived. Most likely. Nadia went with her associates and bodyguards, though she left her bodyguards at the SUV and half of them joined her. Her associates were there as well. About 10 of them. So basically she brought in 24 people including her, 10 of which are associates.
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm

Ahari Stadium
1 August 2009
17:49

It was just business, really.

Lyudmila Kuonji, head arms dealer in the Condominium for Raido's weapons transport and sales, was not a gangster. She was no Mafia, had never been in the Russian Mafia either in the Motherland or Southeast Asia where she now found herself. The people she was meeting in front of this dilapidated stadium? Business associates of Raido Logistics - they wanted something shipped in the Condominium, Raido was the company to do it, no questions asked. And that policy got them a lot of business, from all walks of life. Raido clients? Gangsters and extortionists? How could they have possibly known that, Raido values customer privacy and makes no record of why they were purchasing things or background information on them - just what they ordered, where they wanted it shipped, and when. Totally legitimate business practices.

Even so, it wasn't the safest place. As such, Lyudmila's personal vehicle - a beefed-up and armored ZIL-4112R driven by a Raido chaffeur by the name of Niko Lobachevsky and escorted by a pair of armored J70 Land Cruisers, all three of which were black, and all three of which had at least two of Lyudmila's personal guard - mercenaries, ex-soldiers, ex-engineers, basically one person for every situation, and all of them armed with Kuonji 10mm submachine guns.

The three pulled up, with the Land Cruisers forming a shallow chevron to protect the ZIL - just a little, as all three were armored, of course, protection in such dangerous times is important - and out came Lyudmila, herself having a Kuonji 9mm pistol beneath her blazer as she confidently stepped forward, escorted by a guard in all-black on each side, to discuss future endeavours both involving trade, and general operations of Raido in the Condominium - they would have sent the head of Raido Group Asia, but he was terribly busy dealing with things in their India branch, so she was sent instead. No matter, she could handle things here, even if they got hairy.

Which she doubted would happen - too many people armed for that.

Really, it was just business.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Edith Tyne w/Prisca

The older woman shook her head, raising her right hand to stop their loyal dogs from advancing and one over to gently grab Prisca by her wrist. Her hair fell to one side as she tilted her head ever so slightly, enough so that tufts of hair concealed her face from Eamon and his lady as they continued their approach, albeit slower now. To anyone looking their opposite direction could see Edith's expression - if only but half, her grey eyes silently communicated a message to her trusted friend even if no one understood. But it was the gesture, the graceful move for reaching the would-be head of the Penose family that was a most intimate; a familiar between two persons that no one would dare say something offhand about. To do so would be insulting, and tension was high enough having so many rivals in one area without unnecessary rudeness.

She gave a small smile after a moment, nodding her head in a knowing manner as though Prisca had confirmed something for their eyes only. Edith looked up, turning to their men and cleared her hair from view with a nonchalant move. She lowered her hand and offered the same smile. The obnoxious sounds of the revved engines ceased immediately, and all of them briefly looked upon Prisca, wondering if they had overstepped. "Prisca appreciates your zeal, but as you were gentlemen, and please, do put the guns away. We may be in the company of other... figures, but the last we can afford is to be trigger happy."

"The man is armed," the Caribbean one said simply, his eyes narrowed and looked disapproving of being countermanded. Diplomacy, it was never the Horsemen strong suit.

Edith fought to roll her eyes, but let out a breath before speaking, trying not to point out the obvious in a condescending manner. It barely veiled itself behind her quiet, but sturdy, tone, "We all are; let's not make it a fight if we can help it. I'd like for us to leave this place intact."

"You aren't," he emphasized through gritted teeth and barely a whisper.

"They don't know that and let's keep it that way," Edith responded firmly in her whisper, her gaze bored into him with equal fervor. He eyed her a moment longer and then nodded tightly; the last to lower his weapon.

Returning to her previous side at Prisca's left, she offered a gentler smile to her friend, one that had an entirely different message - something she hoped the other woman took meaning with: Stand your ground.

Prisca gave a nod of her own, with a slow casual blink. Message received. Now that was her first lesson, she supposed, in this whole affair. With the Horsemen, one and all, a proud and brutal powder keg, it would fall to her to do the wheeling and dealing. Connect, grow the business, and make more money. Because sooner or later, it would all land in her lap. She thanked her grandparents and those who had come with them to start her off while the local Penose was still small and manageable.

Skaldia wrote:"Please, once this unpleasantness is settled, contact me. I have a lucrative enterprise in mind that I'm sure you would be interested in."[/b]

"Count on it," Prisca said, brown eyes now positively pouring over with curiosity as to how Eamon had learned their names without even being introduced. Perhaps he'd had dealings before with the Penose elsewhere, outside the Condominium? Nevertheless, she welcomed his getting down to business, and felt sure any future dealings with him and Miss Blue would be profitable. And speaking of which...

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves to Steve Collins' newest contact?" She began walking in the direction of the Exchequer's head and the Israelis, closer to the stadium; and as she did, the Horsemen trailed along behind her. The Land Rover closer, both the driver and passenger watching the armed guards standing at the top of the wall as closely as the Reform militiaman, while the bike pair peeled off, staying in motion with their shotguns still at the ready.

"Good to see you again," she greeted Steve and Divya politely, if somewhat reservedly. She turned to Sam, extending her hand, and sized him up with a frank stare, eye-to-eye. "I'm Prisca Simon."
mumblemumblemumble

New Minahasa
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Minahasa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:27 am

The Chaldean Mafia - Karoukian OCG
The Condominium

Saul and his henchmen watched as more and more people arrived at the scene, most notably the Italians, stepping into view with what seemed to be an entire cavalry. Six vehicles, all occupied with armed Italian mobsters. "Are these douchebags having a family reunion? Look at how much men they brought. The whole place's gonna stink like pasta," said one of the Chaldeans jokingly in their native Assyrian tongue. A hearty laugh emerged from the group in unison, although Saul only managed to let out a snicker before he could make out someone coming to approach him. He turned his body around, facing Eamon, posing in a calm yet intimidating posture. He still had his Browning Hi-Power gripped tightly in his right hand, but it was in such a position that wasn't threatening. As Eamon got closer, one of Saul's bodyguards would step up and halt his movement. "Where do you think you're going?," the bodyguard spoke with a slight hint of Middle Eastern accent.

Saul gave the bodyguard a pat on his shoulder before speaking to him in Assyrian. "It's fine. Let him through," was the rough translation of it, but the bodyguard soon stepped back and opened the way for Eamon, albeit with his rifle up and unslung in almost a combat-weary manner, and his attention fixated wholly on Eamon and any associates that he would've brought along. "Can I help you?," asked Saul in fluent English.

Skaldia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaldia » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Eamon Donovan
Miss Blue
Bruno

Eamon merely kept the same infuriating small smile fixed on his face as the bodyguard stepped in his path and asked where he was going all menacingly. He recognized the accent but mentally smirked. The knives hidden strapped to the insides of his wrists could be in his hands and opening the man's throat within a moment, but that browning in Mr. Karoukian's hand would be be roaring to life and filling Eamon with lead. Miss Blue might be able to get him, but she lacked firearms and would probably die in the attempt alongside Eamon. Bruno, wielding his M4, might be able to put down Saul before he went down, but the man's bodyguard might get lucky.

All in all, death for all three was inevitable if they did anything untoward.

With that in mind, Eamon merely put his hands up in the universal symbol of peace and Saul said something in Assyrian. Eamon made a mental note to begin learning the language. When Saul spoke, he did so in perfect English and Eamon nodded a thank you for the benefit before he himself spoke,"Mr. Karoukian. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Eamon Donovan and this is Miss Blue, my associate. I own the Máel Dúin." Slowly, even slower than he had done for the Penose, he pulled from his business jacket a card.

"I would like to propose a business venture at some time in the future that could prove beneficial to you and I." He handed the car, an exact copy of the one had given to the Penose.
||Empty||
||Empty||
||“Witness.”||

TG for Discord

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:48 pm

From New Manila, Fairway Island
to Ahari Stadium, Clovis Marches
1 August 2009
17:55

Valentin and his men were cautious, but pretty optimistic about the meeting. They weren't given much information, but they were never really invited to any of these kinds of meetings before. Their highly xenophobic attitude towards other ethnic groups and their syndicates - and basically anybody that lives outside of New Manila. Their best weapons are stolen and repaired American M16s from the Philippines - and even then, they only have those in limited numbers. They didn't want to make such a big deal of their meeting that they didn't even mention it to the rest of New Manila. It didn't matter though, because when they saw a car flanked by two motorcycles line up in a motorcade ready to leave the compound, a lot of people new that, at least, something serious was about to go down. Unfortunately - and anti-climactically - Valentin's motorcade was unable to cross the sea. And so, he and his ten-man entourage boarded motorboats they had been loaned and sped off to Clovis Marches. Luckily, however, the chance for a more suave entrance came in the form of two Cold War-era jeeps they had loaned from one of the Red Sun's customers on Clovis Marches for a generous price - a discount on their next few orders.

Valentin and his men were well armed - as should be the custom for the boss and his personal bodyguards. Two of Valentin's best were armed with M16s, while the rest were locked and loaded with the Red Sun's distinctive submachine gun, the Floro MK-9. Valentin himself carried one alongside his personal 1911, although he highly doubted the possibility of himself being allowed to bring his SMG into the meeting. What sets them apart were their paltiks. Back in their homeland, the paltik is literally a homemade gun. They were all carrying what looked like flashlights - even Valentin - but were in fact improvised firearms that can fire a single .45 shot should the need arise. Valentin was unaware of protocol when it came to these meetings, and immediately assumed that their weapons would be confiscated at the door. If that were the case, he and his men would be ready. And it also doesn't hurt that several of his men are accomplished at hand-to-hand combat. They had been rehearsing a proper exit strategy for days following the announcement of Valentin's invitation to the meeting. A short show of force with their paltiks, making sure there's a quick exit route from their current positions to their cars, and they're off. The Red Sun can drive around Fairway Island's streets with near-perfect precision - except they're not in Fairway Island. Clovis Marches is alien to them.

By the time they arrived outside the stadium, it looked like several other parties were also already present. They found a spot outside the parking that was open enough - none of the other parties were parked close by. The wrought iron gates were locked shut, and it seems like Valentin and his party had to wait a while. They all ran through their assignments as meticulously as they could in the field - making sure everybody knew what their job was, making sure everyone understood where they were going to be, making sure the drivers remembered the routes they had to take. It was decided beforehand that four of Valentin's men would stay with the jeeps - the two drivers and two others - while the rest would accompany Valentin himself. That was all they could do for the time being. Several of the parties were nearby, some of them conversing with one another.

Valentin and his men went closer to the gates. Far enough that he wouldn't attract too much attention from the parties already present, but close enough that, should the gates finally open, they wouldn't be late to the party. Valentin and some of his men lit their cigarettes, checked their weapons, and stood around like idiots waiting. He was fairly certain at least one of those groups is a customer of his - but he can't be sure. If they're not from Fairway Island, then it's unlikely.
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:42 pm

Ahari Stadium
Edith Tyne w/Prisca

"Edith," She said evenly by way of greeting toward Sam, if a bit short, but her demeanor was anything but off-putting. Quite opposite, she offered half of a friendly smile and even extended her own hand after Prisca's. And she made absolutely sure she committed all their faces to memory. While names moved about, it was always better to remember what they looked like - it saved Edith's life on more than one occasion when sources were less than transparent.

While certainly not wanting to be rude, Edith had to stretch her focus, noticing Eamon 'making his rounds', of a sort. Her genial smile was slowly contorting itself into a disapproving smirk. Of course, she'd heard of the Máel Dúin. Widely regarded by others for its entertainment. It was a front, Eamon made sure to confirm that upon their brief introductions, but Edith wasn't sure what exactly the man was hiding. Miss Blue's proximity to him wasn't that of a confidant, or companion, her stance and personality (or lack thereof), made her out to be a bodyguard. The woman certainly didn't dress as one Edith would have taken for a protector, but she drew her attention back their respective introductions, if only momentarily.

The corner of her eye saw Eamon take out the exact same card he drew from his jacket just moments ago and handed it to Saul. If this was a business soiree, Edith would've dressed better. Her suspicions of Eamon was raised a point or three; a man that dealt with everyone only meant he had loyalty for himself.

Peddling his wares like a two bit common whore. How unoriginal, Edith thought to herself and made a mental note to have Prisca reconsider any business venture with Eamon unless he had something that was entirely undeniable. Whores not included.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Ahari Stadium
1 August 2009
17:55

As Steve Collins and his bodyguard approached, one of the Lieberman gunmen barked a command in Hebrew, and Sam Mahler-Cardona's paramilitary team untensed and proceeded scrupulously to ignore Arnav. The Reform Militia trooper accorded them the same respect, taking his eyes off the Lieberman crew and studying the guards atop the stadium wall instead. For his part, Sam looked Steve straight in the eye and gave him a firm handshake. Steve had to look up slightly to maintain eye contact; Sam was larger than him, and stronger.

But he also owed Steve money. And when he spoke, his voice was respectful. "Mister Collins, it is good to have you with us." The Israeli's accent was peculiar, half Tel Aviv and half Middle America, but that was the Condominium, Steve reflected. Everyone was a melting pot. Steve's own accent was a strange syncopated lilt, a fusion of Chennai and Limerick.

Sam chuckled at Steve's reference to the Liebermans' victory over the Triads. When Steve asked about settling down, Sam gave him a long and thoughtful look. "I haven't had time to entertain the thought, truth be told," the veteran admitted. "Now, if you were to arrange for me a blind date, I would not say no."

Steve smiled. "Careful, Sam. I might have to do just that. There's plenty of pretty young schoolteachers on Khonar just itching to make an honest man out of you." Steve chuckled; Divya, who had walked briskly over to join him, surreptitiously rolled her eyes.

Sam didn't seem in a joking mood. He glanced up at the top of the stadium wall. "They haven't started shooting yet. That has to be a good sign."

"Said one hog to the other at the slaughterhouse gate." Steve Collins' sense of humor was famously dry, and equally dark. He shrugged slightly. "If I wanted to kill every boss in the Condominium, I'd wait to get us all inside, and lock the gate behind us. Then I'd give the order." The banker crooked an eyebrow at Sam. "The fact that we're still alive doesn't mean that they don't want to kill us. It just means that they intend to be efficient about doing it."

As the two men were speaking, the other guests had begun to arrive. A black Corolla pulled up, and a tall and intense-looking bodyguard in small dark sunglasses got out. Arnav gave him a swift glance of respectful appraisal. Steve recognized the Corolla's other passenger: Shūichirō Tachibana. Handsome, debauched, sullen, weak. He was a boor and a bully, and Divya despised him. Nonetheless, if Steve had his way, Shūichirō would be the next head of the Yakuza in the Condominium: he was a man of expensive tastes and poor business sense, and was therefore easily controlled by whomever handled his money. In Shūichirō's case, that was Steve Collins.

Next, a Land Rover arrived, surrounded by motorcycle gangers with shotguns: Bitter End Horsemen. The Penose, then, Steve thought: the Horsemen provided muscle for the Dutch mafia. Sure enough, when the Land Rover's passengers emerged, Steve recognized two of them: Prisca Simon and Edith Tyne, the family's charismatic heir and its shadowy American intelligence broker. The rest of the crew, Matt suspected, were just aides and muscle. Prisca and Edith were the decision-makers here.

Opposite the Penose, three armored SUV's pulled up and disgorged a small army of men in black t-shirts, body armor, and motorcycle masks. Arnav smirked slightly: a professional who recognized amateurs when he saw them. For his part, Steve recognized Saul Karouchian. He did not much like the Chaldean boss: Saul was paranoid, brutal, too stubborn to be truly intelligent. But his casino ran clean and made plenty of money, and Saul had to invest that money somewhere before inflation turned it into so much useless paper, and so Steve got along with the Chaldeans fine, and everyone made a tidy profit off of their friendship, however far from real it might have been.

Then there were the others. The Verona family arrived in a convoy of six vehicles with dozens of gunmen. The Chaldeans laughed among themselves at the sight; Nadia Verona didn't seem to mind. A few minutes later, a smaller convoy pulled up, containing Valentin delos Santos and ten of his associates. Steve had some real affection for Valentin. He understood the Filipino: a decent man of simple motivations, loyal to his tribe and his future, and otherwise flawlessly pragmatic. That kind of clarity, Steve had learned, was a strength and not a weakness. Finally, Raido arrived: Lyudmilla Kuonji, with another substantial protection detail. Steve didn't exactly like the Russian, but he did respect her: Lyudmilla was smart, multilingual, respectful of power. She had a talent for winding up on the winning side. Steve Collins asked little more than that of any of his business partners.

The last arrival was a single military-style vehicle. From it climbed a tall European man and a Korean woman, both overdressed for the event: if Steve and Divya were attired for a board meeting, the newcomers were dressed for a formal gala. Steve recognized them, of course: he had invested in the Máel Dúin, helped to bankroll the nightclub's various absurd extravagances, and earned a tidy profit from Eamon Donovan's establishment in return. The Korean woman, though, was more of a mystery. Divya had a theory, based on the testimony of a few female killers for hire that the Exchequer had periodically employed, that this "Miss Blue" trained women as assassins through a shadowy circle known as the Silk. Steve found that hypothesis somewhat lurid, but far from outside the realm of possibility.

But as he watched Eamon speak first to Prisca and then to Saul, and hand each of them his card, Steve found himself more inclined to credit Divya's theory. The man had too much confidence - arrogance, really, considering the people to whom he was speaking - to be just a nightclub owner. Steve cocked his head slightly, puzzling through the possibilities. He noticed Edith Tyne staring at Eamon with a disapproving smirk, and hid his swift white smile with the back of one hand.

Steve saw Prisca and Edith confer for a moment, and then the two women walked over, followed by a group of bikers. Arnav cast one eye over the Bitter End Horsemen, but otherwise did not move. Esse quam videri, read the motto over the door of the Reform Militia's Personal Protection Group office. Steve Collins had chosen it himself. Arnav was a professional, and he lived up to the words.

The Penose delegation had arrived. "Good to see you again," Prisca told Steve and Divya.

Divya nodded politely. "Likewise," Steve replied. But Prisca was already turning to Sam Mahler-Cardona, her gaze frank and interested. She introduced herself, and a private smile flickered across Steve's face once again. Perhaps a blind date won't be necessary after all.

Edith Tyne smiled too, and simply offered her name and a professional handshake. Steve nodded and responded in kind. He liked Edith's reputation: whip-smart, knew where all the bodies were buried, loyal to her friends but none too eager to make enemies. A grown-up. Steve's handshake was swift but gentle, and the old burn scarring on his palms was rough and glassy to the touch. "How are things with you, then, Miss Tyne?"
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:44 am

Sam had no choice but to give a laugh at Steve's sense of dark humor. Corralling them was the most logical method of assassination - for the kind of headline massacre that would garner a wealth of notoriety. Divya, the Exchequer's COO, joined ranks with the trio, and Sam responded as professionally as one would expect - with a firm handshake.

"Miss Chandran, a pleasure as always."

However, he knew very little about the South Asian woman, nor was he aware of how deep her friendship with her boss was. What Sam was aware of was the motion of his eyes wandering back to Divya every few seconds, as the group watched the other bosses arrive with their entourage.

The other bosses were quite something to look at. The Dutch and their bikers showed up, bringing with them Pricia Simon and Edith Tyne. As did any good businessman in the Condominium, Sam knew of the Penose - even dealt with them through middle-men. He had not been introduced to the two, but he noticed Prisicia, the intended Heiress to the Penose fortune, staring across at Steve and himself.

Sam smirked, but his attention quickly went to a wandering trio. A white man in expensive threads with a large bulge underneath his jacket, a Korean woman, and a nervous young man toting a 416 in the low-ready. Sam cocked his head back towards his men. Their barrels were angled upwards, to signify that they weren't the least bit interested in instigating a firefight.

One of the Israeli women, a dark-skinned Ethiopian woman clad in a black pantsuit and carrying a long-barreled Galil equipped with a short-range scope, met eyes with her boss. He waved his hand over to the front of the left SUV. She made no other acknowledgement other than to move forward and stand in front of the hood, keeping to her stoic vigil over the dangerous gathering.

The Chaldeans arrived next, dressed as though they were looking for a confrontation. Face-masks, open vests, and weapons at the low-ready, they made Sam even more nervous than the kid with the 416. He could hear shifting feet from behind him, his men changing positions within their defensive SUV fort. The Veronese emerged in a similar fashion, bringing along a large number of men strapped to the nines, as did Raido Group.

At last, it seemed that Sam would meet the Penose after all. Along with two bikers, Pricia and Edith approached. The eyes of the former were locked on Sam, and he took the time to look her over. The two exchanged stares before one another, and she gave her name, hand outstretched.

Sam took hold, giving her a firm handshake. He shook Edith's hand as well.

"Sam Mahler. It's a pleasure to finally meet."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:44 am

Edith Tyne

There were handshakes and then there were handshakes, like Steve's. Edith couldn't help but intuit to the many dissimilarities of the two men. The presumptions were hers, of course, and Edith knew she was assuming much over a handshake. Especially with Steve's; she only ever felt the smooth touch of molten skin frozen in time once; that was before she had an underling executed for his betrayal. Or rather, the attempt at it. The man never did reveal how he got those scars upon his neck and jaw, but Edith wasn't inclined to know at the time. It felt interesting, however, it's permanence and silent presence spoke much before he met his fate. She wondered the same of Steve and his own story. He was genial, polite, and even the tiniest glint of humor in his eyes if one dared to look closely enough. Handsome of the uncommon type. But it was the scars in his palms that spoke of someone not to be underestimated.

Next, Edith made a graceful nod to Sam. So, this was Samuel Cardona. She knew the Penose had business with him, but her hands were never in it nor did she partake in whatever deal brokered with both organizations. Instead, her eyes were elsewhere at the time, collecting information on the Liebermen family and assessing their threat level. Their activities were far enough not to be an immediate competitor or significant threat, but it was the shared harbor and mutual interests in shipping that revealed how they aligned. Still, it was good to put a face to the man himself, and from the look of things, he was doing the same. His handshake was strong, rough, and rugged as the man. His presence was just a touch intimidating, but Edith had met many such men, doing little to faze her. She smiled, doubting she even 'measured up' to expectation in Steve's eyes, whatever that maybe, or perhaps like her, he didn't want to lose memory of all that were in attendance today.

"They remain 'per usual' as this place goes at any rate," Edith responded to Steve, her previous smirk toward Eamon changed to being a sardonic smile. Her eyes moved about, and this time made no attempt at discretion at surveying the crowd at large, "And apparently proving to be a bit more interesting soon enough."

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Prisca Simon

Ah. The Liebermans. Perhaps she might have recognized that earlier if she had any knowledge of the Israelis' weaponry beyond "elongated, black, metal-spitting".

"Likewise, Mister Mahler. If we have the fortune not to be disappeared offshore today, I trust we'll meet again."

It still astounded her, the things a person could pick up if the slightest attention was paid at the right time and place. Prisca doubted she would ever be up to Edith's level in understanding people. Interacting with them was one thing; but knowing what really drove those interactions was beyond her. Even so, she inclined her head, acknowledging the strength of Sam's grip, as she considered the repeated glances at Divya. It seemed the man had no shortage of ambition. Something she appreciated, both professionally and personally. But if there was something the sometime stunt biker knew, it was when and how to shift one's weight, rev up or down. The knowledge applied doubly to negotiating deals with people, and more, as she had just witnessed. The Dutch-Arab offered a knowing smile to the Indian, and then shifted that powdered-cocoa gaze back to Steve with equal interest.

"In our line of work, a touch of mystery isn't always a good thing... Uncertainty is bad for business, wouldn't you agree? I'll be quite interested to learn just what this meeting of the clans is about, and what if anything we can gain from it."
mumblemumblemumble

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 am

The gate opened, and one of the bodyguards for Ingles stepped out. The man had his flight helmet in his left hand, his balaclava pulled down to reveal a grizzled black man with a shaved head and a bushy black moustache. An MP5K hung from his right side, bouncing as his boot-clad feet struck the stones. Sam snapped his head in the direction of the approaching man, and gave a smirk.

"The Consierge for the Consierge," he muttered to no one in particular. Ben walked alongside of the SUV, approaching Sam on his left. His eyes carefully watched the mysterious mercenary approach.

The man stopped at the end of the path - in the middle of the no-man's-land. He took a moment to himself, casting long stares down to either side of the ethnically-diverse ensemble of criminal organization. Almost on cue, the meaningless conversations began to cease all together, and attention turned to the lone bodyguard standing front and center.

"Mister Ingles, Consierge for Our Mutual Benefactors, will now invite the pleasure of your company," the man spoke, his accent being one of an upper-class London variety. "Only the bosses may proceed with me. You are each entitled to your sidearm, as well as one retainer armed with their respective sidearm. Your safety is guaranteed, ladies and gentlemen."

His announcement was followed by a short discussion among the various bosses. Sam turned around to face Ben. He switched from English back to Hebrew. "Maintain the formation out here. I will go by myself."

A mask of confusion morphed itself onto Ben's face. "Are you sure, sir? I would not advise going in alone."

Sam cast his gaze upon the men positioned at the upper stands. "One man won't matter in the event they open up on us."

The ex-Yammam operative grew disappointed, but gave a nod in affirmation to the order. "Understood sir. If the shooting begins, we will get you out."

Sam smiled. "I expect nothing less." The two men exchanged a handshake, and Sam turned back to his audience of Prisca, Edith, Steve, Divya, and Arnav.

"The faster we complete this, the faster we can laugh about this over some drinks." He flashed a grin.

The ensemble of crime bosses entered the playing field by way of a service entrance located immediately past the main gate. They found themselves stepping onto a dry, brown field, dotted with piles of trashing spilling over from the even larger mounds in the stands. A pair of helicopters sat parked in tandem at the far end of the field, with a trio of armed men standing in front of them. Other men paced around in the stands, and another three were walking with the congregation, as Ingles - a middle-aged man with jet-black hair swept back - waited in the middle of the field.

Sam found himself growing nervous, aware of the three men toting MP5s. They moved in such a way as to enclose the party on the sides and rear, attracting other nervous attentions from the bosses and their bodyguards. The Israeli balled up his fists, aware of the kill-zone they were walking into. He could feel the tension rising in his stomach.

Keep it together, Sam.

Before long, they were facing Ingles. The man smirked at the group, his hands clasp behind his back. Several moments of awkward silence passed, as the two parties stared one another down. His gaze narrowed on Steve Collins, before turning back to the group at large.

"I thank you all for coming, but I must skip any pleasantries for which you all are accustomed," he stated. "As is customary, however, I invite any and all grievances to come forth now, before we speak of the primary issue at hand."

His eyes shifted about his audience.

"Are there any pertinent issues that we should all be aware of?"
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:21 pm

Incident Tasking Unit

"Alright...what's on the schedule for today..."

From high atop in the old control tower someone spoke to themselves. An M25 SWS sat leaning against the control panel. Vicky sat far away from the window in a makeshift sort of sniper nest she had hastily constructed over the period of the 24 hours the team had been here. She had made sure it looked a lot like the other trash piles, and also packed a small respirator. There wasn't enough air fresheners or febreeze in the entire Condominium to get rid of this stench, and she wanted to spend at little time here as possible. Luckily, the contract was simple. Perhaps...a bit too simple now that Vicky got a look at the suits stepping in.

"Looks like big players...hmmmm..."

Victoria "Vicky" Rose Hawkins, callsign "Misfit", was a former 75th Ranger that was made obvious by a tattoo of the 75th Ranger tab just below the base line of her neck on her back. She had gotten out after being medically discharged and hated the civilian life. She could never readjust and soon was bouncing around all kinds of PMCs before ending up in the Condominium. She was part of a small team that was very extreme in it's business dealings. Contract killing was a dangerous game in the Condominium, and made even more dangerous by jealous competition. Luckily, all that was headed up by their boss Lesley Davidson, and she did a damn good job of keeping the team hard to track down. Good thing the contracts paid well, which was no surprise given the level of quality they delivered. If you needed a problem solved quickly, efficiently, and maybe quietly, you tried to find them.

"Misfit here. Everyone sound off."

"Banshee, ready."

Reveka "Banshee" Muresanu was the team's explosives expert. A bright girl with a love for things that cause big booms; she spent time in Romania's 10th Engineer Brigade before making the cut for the 6th Special Operations Brigade. She had gift for working with wiring and electronics which translated very well to bomb-making and allowed her to get work doing other stuff in a shadier environment outside of her home country. It was still a mystery how she found her way into the ITU, let alone the Condominium, but there was a small string of car bombings that had taken place shortly before she came up. It remains a mystery to this day. Reveka was now sitting tight by one of the exit hallways on the side, a GL-06 in her hand and a cut-down Mk.16 around her shoulder. Her armor was a bit beefy, but she didn't want to catch her own shrapnel.

"Razor, standing by."

Valentina "Razor" Richter had a lot of secrets, but then again so did Lesley. Being the only real person that she keeps regular contact with, Valentina seemed to have a deeper and more personal connection to their boss than the other operators. It was never explained to Vicky why, and she didn't really give two shits either way. But Valentina used to be in the Company from what she heard, so that could be it. She was holding fast at the exfiltration point for the team, making sure that everything would remain clear to get them out of dodge fast. She had some surprises set up, just in case they were pursued. She was standing in a building that had a connection to the underground sewer system with an MP7 under her jacket and a karambit in her hand in case anyone got curious, but being so far out that didn't seem like too big a deal.

"Shellshock is here."

Dusana "Shellshock" Ivanova was a real treat. A former Russian Federal Security Service agent and operator who had made her way here of her own volition if only out of curiosity that such a place as the Condominium could exist. She was very dry, dull, and sharp-witted when she wanted to be. A real spitting image of a Russian Special Forces soldier. Vicky would often times catch her looking at her, but really didn't understand why. Could be the toned muscles she was admiring, as Dusana was also noticeably ripped in that regard. That being said, she was the team's designated heavy gunner for those special occasions where things just didn't seem like they were going to be over quickly. She was currently lounging in a beaten-up rundown van that had been repurposed from it's abandonment to be moved into the parking lot outside the stadium where all the escorts were. She was leaning against the back in the trunk hold of the empty van, wearing thick and heavy armor in a layered suit. She sipped on some water from a bottle in one hand while another held a MP-443 Grach pistol on her knee. A RPKM lay next to her on the floor with her helmet, locked and loaded.

"Get ready to execute the contract on my go. Remember your targets. Razor, be ready for a hot extract."

A trio of confirmations eased Vicky for now as she settled into position with her eyes looking through a pair of binoculars that had been duct taped across the lens a bit to avoid any huge glint, though there would be none in her shadowed nest in the control room. She made counts in her head as she observed the people walking into the stadium. Their contract listed the escorts as targets, but this was a lot of bigwig looking individuals in one place. Many of them dressed to impress, which made it difficult for her to discern targets. In the end, she resigned to take out those who were kitted out that were obviously escorts. For now, she waited to see what was going on, exactly.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 pm

Penose
Prisca Simon & Edith Tyne

For once, Prisca didn’t mind. A setting where everyone would be focused on everyone else, or on the Concierge’s men. At any rate, she felt confident that she and Edith would pass largely unnoticed during the start of the meeting. Although they would be unarmed, that unfortunate state was not much of a concern. The Horsemen had pulled up right next to the stadium exit for a quick getaway. A better choice, probably; if it came to a firefight.

She did her best to look unconcerned, a stark contrast to Sam’s clear tension, and stood closer to Edith. The question of whether to speak up and give the others a taste of what the Penose might do next bubbled to the top of her mind. She looked across at the other woman.

Do we make the approach in public? As a show of strength?

Edith shook her head immediately, wavy hair moving about slowly. This was, quite possibly, the [i[worst[/i] way to put the ol’ good foot forward. Any syndicate worth their salt knew better than to air the ‘grievances’ out in the open. Like sharks drawn to blood, they’d likely find themselves eaten before they made it out of the stadium. Looking around to the others, they probably had the same thoughts, or at least reluctance, to openly state their complaints.

“That would be a mistake,” Edith whispered, knowing her words were barely registered to her friend’s ears. She couldn’t speak out of turn, not without Prisca’s saying something first, instead she weighed in their options.

What options? Even if they did speak first, what exactly would they say? To tell the Chaldeans and Liebermans to scamper off their burgeoning territory within the docks? That would imply they couldn’t hold their own. To tell the Cosa Nostra they had no business of getting their lions’ share of the part of their island? That would start a full out war. And what of the Exchequer? His financial reach was unsurpassed; there was no telling what he would do or which way he’d sway if the walls came crashing after their ‘admittance’. No, these were risks they simply could not afford to take, not to Edith anyway.

She hoped Prisca came to the same conclusion, there was a way out of this, to steer the conversation away from the group to reveal their shortcomings, but it would take a bit of clever wording and no small amount of finesse. Edith hid a smirk, because if it worked, it certainly proved something anyway, one that would be rather… telling.

Edith gazed at her friend, moving her eyes casually toward the man that summoned them all.

There was a brief pause. Prisca flicked her index and middle fingers together in her thinking gesture. Well, it was certainly true that excessive honesty made one dead. She supposed this was what it really meant to have skin in the game. No, Edith was right. Treading softly was the order of the day, and it would take every bit of her acting and diplomacy skills. It certainly helped, of course, that Ingles had asked something very specific.

The subtropical heat began to wash over her, and she loosened her jacket further, letting it hang open now.

“The Penose, as always, would like to express our interest in any information that could impact any of our operations. At the moment, we have nothing noteworthy to share, but would welcome hearing from the other organizations represented here.”

Which was certainly true, on the face of it; but even if she didn’t say so explicitly, she felt certain the other crime lords - and lady, she amended, looking to the Cosa Nostra - would be able to read between the lines. Her own pack of wolves, if push came to shove, would just have to outrun any lurking bears. But if it didn’t come to that, the Penose would be just as happy to make deals.

And money, of course. In any way possible - with others or against them.
mumblemumblemumble

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse