NATION

PASSWORD

Scramble for Africa [1880s-1910s][IC][OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shrive
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Shrive » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Tosia wrote:Here are the current claims/nations so far

(Image)

No I've claimed Sudan, Angola, Namibia and Eastern South Africa

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Peace for are time?

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:33 pm

So that is how it is than, side the Sultan as he read the letter, proclaiming a nonaggression pact between Britain, Egypt, and the Boer republic. Its outrageous said caption Aism, to make an agreement like that with the country that tried to conquer you! Are they that ignorant? Calm down Aism, all they wanted was peace, can you blame theme for that? Said Sultan Muhammad. Peace at what cost? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?Asim said as he stormed out of the room. Aism! Get back here! Yelled general Atlas. Let him go, Atlas, we have more important things to tend to. And with that, the sultan began to write a letter.
To Paul Kruger, president of the Boer republic.
Dear sir, i have read your letter , and i must say, i was disappointed to hear that you signed an agreement with the British.Though i respect that you made what you thought was right for your people, i do not agree with it. And well i strive for peace, the British suport for Egypt has me worried that there can be no peace. I hope you can understand my position.
Sultan Muhammad x.
Last edited by Imperium of The Huron on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Nashville Dixie

President Smith Paced at the News Coming out of Britain and South Africa. He knew for a fact that China and it's allies wouldn't take kindly to it considering they had turned down a invitation to a peace summit he had planned on hosting. What was he to do Dixie was not prepared for a war and it's Colony was much too far to be able to send reinforcements before it fell if it did come to war. So he did the only thing he felt he could officially declared Southern Neutrality in any up coming conflicts and began expanding the Republic's navy from 3 vessels to 15 in the span of 4 years and sent out feelers for a government contract to upgrade the outdated weapons currently used by Dixie's forces.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Unified Republic of America
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Tosia wrote:Here are the current claims/nations so far

(Image)

OOC: You mind updating it one last time with all the new claims mate?

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
(Image)
President Kruger's Speech

"All the Boer Republics have ever wanted is peace and self-determination. When it seemed that these rights would have to be gained by blood in a war with Britain, the Confederation was forced to take preemptive action to secure its triumph in any such conflict. Now, however, a bloodless alternative has been procured, and an alternative which the Republics would be foolish not to take.
Boer sons will never be called upon to spill their blood unless it is to hold back the enemies of peace and freedom.

This settlement, the Amsterdam Accord, which was reached with Britain and Knessniet, has secured peace for the Republics. Never did the Confederation seek to conspire against Britain, except in its own defense. Now that such a defense is unnecessary, there will be no conspiracy and no aggressive war on Britain.

However, the Boer Confederation is a sovereign state, and its rights as such will not be compromised. British troops will not march in Boer lands, and they will not lift a hand against the friends of the Boer Republics without retaliation.

The Confederation beseeches its friends and allies to remain calm and supportive of the Republics. For though a new Non-Aggression Pact has been signed with Britain, the Confederation is willing to honor a Defensive Pact with China, France, and any other state that Britain should attack. Should any so-called friend of the Confederation still express outrage or disapproval of this pact, then they betray themselves as not friends of the Boer people, but as enemies of Britain.

I have done what is best for my people, not what is worst for England, and anyone who says differently must not have the interests of my people at heart."

After receiving the counter-message to his own letter from the Boers after a few days, he read the response, sighed, and replied in turn.

“However much worry my people’s concerns about the British, I suppose should not be considered greater than the Boers’ or any other pact members’ opinions in the matter, and for that matter, I will respect your decision, however much I personally dislike it. But keep in mind your actions do carry a greater concern than the Boers or Africa itself; it concerns the entire planet. The British have been increasingly hostile to the Chinese at least diplomatically with virtually no chance of negotiations taking places; British leaders have also insulted fellow anti-British Pact members as inferior to the British Empire, something that will also not smooth over over a cup of wine and bueacratic talks. In essence, be careful of what you do; other people are affected by what you do; whether signficantly or in signficantly, keep that in mind when deciding what is the best course of action of the Boer Confederation.”

The Beiyang Fleet resumes earlier naval drills and continues gaining experience with the newly-constructed ironclads, eventually reaching a level of training equivalent to most European gunnery crews. The Home fleets back in mainland China are also still on high alert, at least in the South China Sea where many nations traffick the area, to ensure the stability of regional sea lanes and maintain a constant flow of income to China.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Pretoria
Boer Confederation

Now that the threat of Anglo aggression no longer loomed over the Confederation, it was free to prosper and expand. The funds and arms that the Rockefeller Company had poured into the Republics were put to good use; the Winchester rifles were issued to Boer militiamen, replacing the antiquated weapons that many of them were using, whilst the excess was distributed to armories across the country in order to facilitate a rapid mobilization in the case of a war. The Nordefelt guns which had been so generously donated to the Boer cause were of particular interest to the government, who not only issued them to select commando formations but also mounted them onboard the Boer warships Transvaal and Oranje. And Rockefeller was soon to get payback for his investment.

The port city of Durban had flourished during its period under British rule, but in the few weeks it had been administered by the Boers it had become a boomtown. As it was the only major port in the whole of the country, all Boer goods flowed in and out of it, and the city expanded in both wealth and population. The two ironclad cruisers of the Boer navy were permanently anchored outside of it, protecting it from piracy and blockade, whilst tall barracks filled with Boer soldiers kept watch over the streets and docks. Shipments of diamonds, gold, wool, fruit, and other goods streamed into the city nonstop, but mostly via wagon train, a system of transportation that was unreliable and inefficient. The Boer economists had a solution to this problem, however.

An official statement from the Boer government was issued to the Rockefeller Corporation, thanking them for their generous aid and rewarding them by giving them exclusive trading rights in the city of Durban. In addition, there was a proposition included within the missive: The Boer government would provide a substantial grant to helo the Rockefeller Corporation build a railroad from Pretoria to Bloemfontein to Durban, a railroad that the Corporation could also have rights over. It was a sizeable and long-term investment, but the potential benefits were incalculable.

The Confederation was expanding on other fronts as well. As part of the Amsterdam Accord, Britain had recognized the Boer claim on Bechuanaland and Rhodesia, and already work was beginning to solidify these claims. Land in these territories was parceled out and sold to both Boer farmers and immigrants, who, in exchange for settling this untamed land, were given ownership of it. The hordes of German, Irish, Scotch, and Scandinavian immigrants who'd rushed to Pretoria and Bloemfontein only to find a dearth of work jumped at the chance, and the borders of the Confederation grew daily. President Kruger prepared legislation to establish the Republic of Goshen in Botswana and the Republic of Stellaland in Rhodesia.

Meanwhile, he also dispatched diplomatic missions to China and France, with orders to mend fractured relations between the two states and to negotiate additional trading deals. Envoys were sent all across Europe, in fact, in order to locate potential trade partners who could ship to Durban.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:12 am

Cagliari,Sardinia
Basic training for all
The Council has passed a law that requires all males from ages 16-50 take basic military training every 5 years. This law has been made amid increasing tensions between other colonial powers. This law also allows for all men to volunteer for the army rather than a selected few.
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Shrive
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Shrive » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 pm

OOC: sorry for not posting more often, I've been quite sick and have a busy schedule. I hope to get back to it soon.
OOC2: I mention designs and plans for future colonies here, it is difficult to keep track of what everyone owns, especially with the map not being updated at the moment, and as such, if I mention designs on somewhere someone owns, please TG me to let me know. I'm not looking for war with anyone at the moment.

IC:
Hail Britannica!

The first liberated subjects of the Sudan, Namibia and Angola have joined the British Colonial Worker's Vanguard, more commonly known as the Blackcoats, through the Volunteer's Military Levy. Military Service in the Empire is always voluntary, except in the event of a major war, but many decide to join anyways out of patriotism and loyalty to our great and equal empire. Much of the state is organized through the military, with most production, mining and other industry all being done by our Glorious Vanguard.

Through the joint port in Durban has been good for both the Boers and the Brits, and supplies are flowing through into the new territories. Supplies are also flowing through Egypt into the Sudan, and we are looking at Gabon and Chad, although we are looking to further stabilize and consolidate our current colonies before moving forward into new lands. Ports in Luanda, Swakopmund, and Mowe Bay have started pouring supplies from Britain into our colonies. Supplies for the Sudan are coming from Australia and Malta, and we are looking at a seizure of Djibouti to make safe passage through the Bab al-Mandab Strait safer.

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

IC: Durban:

Postby Crimetopolis » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Durban
Rockefeller Corporation Territory
Board of Executives Chair room

For every $100,000,000 The Rockefeller spent, they were getting $400,000,00 back in profits. Additionally, the proposed railroad was agreed upon. To help the Boers both militarily and heavy industry wise, too; and Technical schools were set up to teach electricity, gasoline engines, and the billion and one things the Industrial revolution needed for Boer Republic to thrive. Additionally, the Rockefeller stores contributed much to local charities. They also began to send intelligence reports to President Kruger's office, also. The Rockefeller Corporation was bent on helping the Boer Republic.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Crimetopolis wrote:Durban
Rockefeller Corporation Territory
Board of Executives Chair room

For every $100,000,000 The Rockefeller spent, they were getting $400,000,00 back in profits. Additionally, the proposed railroad was agreed upon. To help the Boers both militarily and heavy industry wise, too; and Technical schools were set up to teach electricity, gasoline engines, and the billion and one things the Industrial revolution needed for Boer Republic to thrive. Additionally, the Rockefeller stores contributed much to local charities. They also began to send intelligence reports to President Kruger's office, also. The Rockefeller Corporation was bent on helping the Boer Republic.

As many Chinese businessmen and politicians began to notice the suspiciously-ever growing influence of the Rockefellers in the Boer Confederation, they write and telegram to their friends and business contacts in the Boer Republics, “encouraging” the government to be cautious in accepting all of this aid from one entity, especially a private corporation with no regulations keeping them from doing a takeover of sorts. In addition to the Chinese commerce in the region, they also invest in Boer industry, offering the same goods and deals to the Boers, some keen on hoping the Boers’ attempts to rebuild relations between the Chinese Republic and the Boer Confederation will influence the economic deals to their favor while others simply wish to make a profit or assist others. Furthermore, with the railroads beginning to be laid down in Tanzania, the provincial government offers to construct a railroad between their countries to boost regional commerce.

Meanwhile, the Chinese navies back in the mainland, the prized Beiyang Fleet deployed in Eastern Africa for colonial duties and patrols, begin their naval drills as well in the South China Sea. Using new ironclads and steel cruisers that were recently built, the seamen of the Chinese Republican Navy hope to gain experience on the new, modern warships that they were stationed on. Oddly enough, the Chinese Department of Navy has assigned several observers to the exercises, planning on learning new strategies to counter the thick iron armor of enemy ironclads during war time.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Pretoria
Boer Confederation

Chinese economic aid was readily accepted by the Boers, especially by some of the businessmen who felt threatened by the rapid expansion of the Rockefeller Corporation's stakes in the Confederation. The proposition to construct a railroad between Laozi and Pretoria was also accepted, and Boer workers lead by mostly American and European engineers began construction of a long line from Tanganyika to Durban. However, John Rockefeller was not forgotten. President Kruger, ever thankful for the support he'd received from the American, awarded him with a Dekoratie voor Trouwe Dienst, or Decoration for Faithful Service, in a public ceremony at the capital. Additionally, the Rockefeller Corporation was offered mineral rights in areas of the new territories of Goshen and Stellaland.

However, economics were the least of Kruger's concerns at the moment. News had just arrived at Pretoria that in the newly settled fringes of Bechuanaland, there had been an attack by a substantial group of natives that had left several Boer families butchered and the survivors driven back. President Kruger ordered the mobilization of several regiments of Boer troops to crush this tribe, and to subsequently subjugate the rest of the claimed territory by force.
The Republics would expand, no matter who stood in their way.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

IC: John D.

Postby Crimetopolis » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:10 pm

"Rest assured, we want the Chinese to thrive, too. We are willing to have a Chinese naval base at Cape Town. Our small coastal defense forceis no match for Britain's vast fleeting." John D. Rockefeller told President Kruger. "Furthermore, we are willing to send an armed to help suppress the natives in revolt, should you ask."

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Colonial development Libya

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

How can we get more people to settle in Libya? wondered sultan Muhammad. The colonization was proceeding slowly, what with few people wanting to live in the desert waste land. Maybe if we offer more land to tham, no, what would they do with it? As the sultan pondered, a servant headed him letter, oil in Tunisia?! Could it be that if theres oil in Tunisia, there could be oil in LIbya to? We have to send an expedition immediately, the sultan said as he called to his servant.
Last edited by Imperium of The Huron on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Government researches about "Auto-Stallions"

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 am

After a number of advancements, the government has started a program making a mechanical vehicle fast enough to replace the horse. Currently, the "Auto-Stallions" run on electrical charge but it may be replaced in the future. This invention will be handy for the military carrying supplies, civilians for transportation and most importantly merchants for carrying their wares. The future is here.
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:05 am

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:After a number of advancements, the government has started a program making a mechanical vehicle fast enough to replace the horse. Currently, the "Auto-Stallions" run on electrical charge but it may be replaced in the future. This invention will be handy for the military carrying supplies, civilians for transportation and most importantly merchants for carrying their wares. The future is here.

ooc: bad no automobiles
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:06 am

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:After a number of advancements, the government has started a program making a mechanical vehicle fast enough to replace the horse. Currently, the "Auto-Stallions" run on electrical charge but it may be replaced in the future. This invention will be handy for the military carrying supplies, civilians for transportation and most importantly merchants for carrying their wares. The future is here.

OOC: I think it’s a bit early for automobiles, don’t you think?

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:35 am

Unified Republic of America wrote:

OOC: just looked it up, the first automobile was built in 1885.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:46 am

Imperium of the huron wrote:
Unified Republic of America wrote:

OOC: just looked it up, the first automobile was built in 1885.

OOC supposedly but no one truly knows but even then a B-grade nation with few very resources like his wouldn't be able to construct it. it'd have to be a major power that has the ability to construct one

Indochinoise
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

could

Postby Indochinoise » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Moroccan Troops were instructed to start expedition from the Western Sahara to modern-day Senegal then look around to the former Mali Empire and would Head to the city of Marrakech where they would be told further instructions. If they were attacked by Berbers or Europeans they were told to retreat and he’d back to Morocco. The king would send about 56,000 soldiers and extra slaves etc. on this expedition because the true goal was so that Morocco could expand and gain major ports and rare resources only found in Africa, Hassan I wanted to also expand to the cities of Algeirs, the city of Tunis where former Carthage lay and even expand to control the whole of Western Africa. All of his advisors, generals and Hassan himself knew that plan was quite ambitious and decided they stick with the west African coast as there would be more access to develop a strong navy and large trading empire.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 am

OOC: This is just the research project which will finish around 1915
Last edited by The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Montagne Riche
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Montagne Riche » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:16 am

A fleet of 200 ships and 30,000 men are being sent to acquire the Sinai Peninsula as well as Palestine and Lebanon. Another fleet of 100 ships are being sent to conquer Algeria and Morocco, with 25,000 men. The Kingdom of France has begun it’s conquest for African land. I, King Henri, outlaw slavery in all my imperial colonies. Slavery is one of the greatest immoralities faced by human beings. Slavery destroys the dignity of the human being and I hope that my fellow civilized European nations will join me in the eradication of slavery from their colonies.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:19 am

Montagne Riche wrote:A fleet of 200 ships and 30,000 men are being sent to acquire the Sinai Peninsula as well as Palestine and Lebanon. Another fleet of 100 ships are being sent to conquer Algeria and Morocco, with 25,000 men. The Kingdom of France has begun it’s conquest for African land. I, King Henri, outlaw slavery in all my imperial colonies. Slavery is one of the greatest immoralities faced by human beings. Slavery destroys the dignity of the human being and I hope that my fellow civilized European nations will join me in the eradication of slavery from their colonies.

OOC:France is already claimed and you can't just jump in you need to make an application.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 am

Crestview New Carolina

Crestview had slowly but Surely grown from a settlement of a mere three hundred to a population of over five thousand people and nearby Fort Walton one of the most well defended forts in entire Republic. It had a garrison of over 1,500 men and 35 cannons ready to defend the colony at a moment's notice from Hostile natives to foreign invasions. The Governor of the Colony one Richard Walton began weighing his options should a second settlement be founded or should they stick with just crestview for now. and in the Harbor the 1st Colonial Flotilla stood guard with 2 iron clad warships patrolling the waters for Pirates or warning signs of attack Dixie was here to stay.

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:49 am

Draos wrote:
Montagne Riche wrote:A fleet of 200 ships and 30,000 men are being sent to acquire the Sinai Peninsula as well as Palestine and Lebanon. Another fleet of 100 ships are being sent to conquer Algeria and Morocco, with 25,000 men. The Kingdom of France has begun it’s conquest for African land. I, King Henri, outlaw slavery in all my imperial colonies. Slavery is one of the greatest immoralities faced by human beings. Slavery destroys the dignity of the human being and I hope that my fellow civilized European nations will join me in the eradication of slavery from their colonies.

OOC:France is already claimed and you can't just jump in you need to make an application.

OOC: not to mention that you would be at war with, the Ottomans, (me) China,(ally) Egypt, (independent ) Britain, (ally of Egypt) Morocco, (independent) and Austria-Hungry (control's Algeria)

Montagne Riche
Lobbyist

Founded: May 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Montagne Riche » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 am

Draos wrote:

Check the sign up page.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse