NATION

PASSWORD

Scramble for Africa [1880s-1910s][OOC][Sign-Up]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strathdonia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Strathdonia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Swiftyshire wrote:Nation Name: Central African Federation
Real Life Country(Location): Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland that was established in 1953
Economic System: Dual economy
Ideology: Afrikaner nationalism
Form of Government: Stratocracy
Population: 26 million
Military Power: It boasts about 100k in military personnel, which can fluctuate wildly during times of war. It has cavalry tactics, some artillery pieces, and standard issue generic bolt action rifles that lag behind the Europeans.
Size of Economy: It has a GDP of $35 million, which is around $2 billion today, and $250 million in 1953.
Economic Stability: Relatively stable, it has a developing industrial base that has yet to feel the real impact of the Second Industrial Revolution. It relies on Mozambique for access to the sea to trade with the other countries in the Western Hemisphere.
Other: Basically a less divisive Dutch version of the IRL CAF, I beefed it up some to have some form of a fighting chance against the behemoths in the Americas and Europe since its terrain isn't exactly ideal for guerrilla fighting (it's still going to be facing asymmetrical warfare anyway), and some technological and economic bonuses for the African entities that neighbor it.

Again I am going to have to obstructionist and point out that nyasaland/Malawi is already claimed.
Perhaps revise to just Northern and Southern rhodesia (Zambia and Zimbabwe)?
It would definitely be worth talking to Shrive to see what the British interests in the area are.

On that note has anyone heard from Shrive recently?
For God, Scotland and the Protestant cause! Look out venus!
Space 1889

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:21 pm

Strathdonia wrote:

Yes, he has been negotiating with me and Knessniet via TG.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Strathdonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Strathdonia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Crimetopolis wrote:Now, may I please start sending mass aid to the Boer Republic in the game play zone?

Why the focus on the Boers?

They don't have a huge amount to offer (and given the nature and desires of the boers giving up territory to some random company is dned unlikely) and it's an area that already has a hugely complicated power balance.

If you must play in the area you are likely going to have to piggy back off of an actual nations involvement which would leave acting in at least tacit partnership with Dixie.
Space 1889

Strathdonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Strathdonia » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:29 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Strathdonia wrote:

Yes, he has been negotiating with me and Knessniet via TG.

Cool, I was just worried that things were running a little ahead.
Space 1889

Swiftyshire
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 07, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Swiftyshire » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Strathdonia wrote:Again I am going to have to obstructionist and point out that nyasaland/Malawi is already claimed.
Perhaps revise to just Northern and Southern rhodesia (Zambia and Zimbabwe)?
It would definitely be worth talking to Shrive to see what the British interests in the area are.

Cool, instead of just throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks, what's up for grabs without having to waste time playing African Yalta Conference?

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Swiftyshire wrote:Cool, instead of just throwing shit on the wall and hoping it sticks, what's up for grabs without having to waste time playing African Yalta Conference?

As Strathodonia said, Rhodesia is empty. If you'd still like to be near me, then Botswana and the interiors of Namibia and Angola are open as far as I know, though the British may want to expand there soon. And nobody's done anything with West Africa yet.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Swiftyshire
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby Swiftyshire » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:43 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:As Strathodonia said, Rhodesia is empty. If you'd still like to be near me, then Botswana and the interiors of Namibia and Angola are open as far as I know, though the British may want to expand there soon. And nobody's done anything with West Africa yet.

I'm just picky, since including Malawi made it the perfect size for a developing power in southern Africa. Also a little irritated because I have no idea whose toes I'm stepping on while making claims. So many little oddball bits of land that that's just difficult to keep track of.

Although, I heard you guys need a new Japan!

Unified Republic of America
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Swiftyshire wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:As Strathodonia said, Rhodesia is empty. If you'd still like to be near me, then Botswana and the interiors of Namibia and Angola are open as far as I know, though the British may want to expand there soon. And nobody's done anything with West Africa yet.

I'm just picky, since including Malawi made it the perfect size for a developing power in southern Africa. Also a little irritated because I have no idea whose toes I'm stepping on while making claims. So many little oddball bits of land that that's just difficult to keep track of.

Although, I heard you guys need a new Japan!

Yep, Japan is open to anyone who wants to adopt it

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Since Swiftyshire has isn't interested in Rhodesia or Botswana, I would like to claim at least the southern and eastern portions of them. This would be the new map of South Africa:

The Wanderer

Yokotari
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokotari » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:10 pm

Still waiting on acceptance so i can join.
The Empire of Yokotari is a Alternate Nation of the person who rules over The Frozen Forest, it is purposely mean to not represent my personal views, and is meant to mimic a Japanese Empire-esque state. I have no intention of letting it fade away and i intend to develop it. If you want to interact with it shoot me a telegram either through this nation or The Frozen Forest.

Swiftyshire
Lobbyist

Corporate Police State

Postby Swiftyshire » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:25 pm

Unified Republic of America wrote:Yep, Japan is open to anyone who wants to adopt it

I'll make an application for Japan soon, I like to know what China is looking like before I make claims on the mainland.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 pm

it doesn't look like I'm going to get around to colonizing Kenya so I'm ceding all claims
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey shrive I think you're colonizing a bit too much mate leave some for other people.
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 am

Can we have a recap of all claims at the moment so I know what the heck is going on
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

OOC: What:

Postby Crimetopolis » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:07 pm

What is the earliest you will allow motor trucks?

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Crimetopolis wrote:What is the earliest you will allow motor trucks?

considering Automobiles weren't even standard until after 1920 and were mostly a luxury item only the rich could afford until the invention of the assembly line in 1913. and that's the US Europe and the Rest of the World really didn't pick up on the Automobile until afterwords.
Last edited by Draos on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:21 am

By the way how do you figure out what year it is.
An alt-historical nation loosely based on the Philippines and represents my views except for a few misclicks

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 am

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:By the way how do you figure out what year it is.

1881 IC

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 am

Well it would be funny if we talk about the invading nation but never mention the name or place.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Don't have enough time to compose an IC post, but assume that exploration and colonization of Rhodesia and Botswana is proceeding, with Boer trading posts, forts, and primitive towns springing up and some local tribes being allied with or subjugated.

The Wanderer

Unified Republic of America
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Shouldn’t we pause the war until we can figure out who’s who with the two France-situation?

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:50 pm

Colonizer
Nation Name: Empire of Brazil, the Cisplatina, and Guiana
Real Life Country(Location): Modern-day Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, the Guianas
Economic System: Liberal Market Capitalism
Ideology: Aristocratic Limited Democracy
Form of Government: Empire
Population: 18 million
Military Power: 500,000 regulars (in all branches), 2 million reservists (mostly for local defense brigades)
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:13 am

I suggest that 1 page of the IC forum is one quarter in RP time

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:03 pm

The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:I suggest that 1 page of the IC forum is one quarter in RP time

A quarter of what? A second, a day, a month, a year, a decade, an eternity...?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:00 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
The Philippine Islands of Luzviminda wrote:I suggest that 1 page of the IC forum is one quarter in RP time

A quarter of what? A second, a day, a month, a year, a decade, an eternity...?

Year of course

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse