NATION

PASSWORD

Scramble for Africa [1880s-1910s][OOC][Sign-Up]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:This is why I proposed it don't matter where you are except in Africa. Multiple Germanies could thus exist.

Well... I just think its better to be at least a little realistic. Since we're not fighting in Europe anyways, who controls what territory there doesn't really matter, and the loss of the Netherlands and Austria certainly shouldn't matter. Only confusion could arise from multiple European countries existing on the same territory and in the same cities.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

OOC:

Postby Crimetopolis » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:34 am

Would a rabidly white supremacist Australia be allowed? Think being so racist they openly enslave ship wrecked British sailors, Or perhaps a Fascist Argentina?
Last edited by Crimetopolis on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:40 am

Crimetopolis wrote:Would a rabidly white supremacist Australia be allowed? Think being so racist they openly enslave ship wrecked British sailors, Or perhaps a Fascist Argentina?

Argentina probably Australia would still be a British colony at this point.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Strathdonia
Attaché

Founded: Sep 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Strathdonia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:56 am

Crimetopolis wrote:Would a rabidly white supremacist Australia be allowed? Think being so racist they openly enslave ship wrecked British sailors, Or perhaps a Fascist Argentina?

Why would White supremacists enslave the only people they saw as white? At the time involved the British only really considered themselves as white, even the other northern Europeans were a bit tainted...

As said Australia would still be a British colony and at the time it was very very racist (and still made up of a lot of convicts IIRC).

Facism doesn't really develop until the Italians under go Ww1, the roots start to grow in the 1880s (particularly under bismark) and authoritarian regimes were nothing new. Something like napoleon III's police state might be close to something that would fit the era.
For God, Scotland and the Protestant cause! Look out venus!
Space 1889

Spain-Portugal
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spain-Portugal » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:39 am

Hey Indochinoise, how to where do you want your negotiations offer forwarded to? Mainland Iberia or the new port city I'm building?

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:50 am

I'm kinda regretting calling it Dixie because there is no demonym and so it's hard to write posts for it lol.
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:22 am

Draos wrote:I'm kinda regretting calling it Dixie because there is no demonym and so it's hard to write posts for it lol.

Historically, Southerners actually called themselves American because they still considered themselves American, just from the Confederate States of America instead of the United States of America. You could also do what I just did and call them Southerners, or Confederates, or Republicans (since that's your form of government), or, if you're talking about military men, Butternuts or Graycoats. You could also use the term Rebel, but that would probably be derogatory since your people would most likely consider themselves to be legitimate independents and not rebels.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:35 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Draos wrote:I'm kinda regretting calling it Dixie because there is no demonym and so it's hard to write posts for it lol.

Historically, Southerners actually called themselves American because they still considered themselves American, just from the Confederate States of America instead of the United States of America. You could also do what I just did and call them Southerners, or Confederates, or Republicans (since that's your form of government), or, if you're talking about military men, Butternuts or Graycoats. You could also use the term Rebel, but that would probably be derogatory since your people would most likely consider themselves to be legitimate independents and not rebels.

well the official name of the Country is the Republic of Dixie since they separated from the Union after Canada took parts of the north and distanced themselves from America. kinda wish I could redo but oh well

Robosia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Robosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:52 am

Make your own denonym. I’d use “Dixian”. Sort of rolls of the tongue, doesn’t it?
Some people design their sigs as a work of art, with links and colors and complex coding. To which I say...

ACN - Antarctica Continental News | British cargo ship sinks just off Ellsworth coast, water tastes like tea for three days | 10 timber wolves brought into Sanctum City zoo.

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

Robosia wrote:

Make your own denonym. I’d use “Dixian”. Sort of rolls of the tongue, doesn’t it?

not really it sounds like something else *chuckles*

Knessniet
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Knessniet » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Unified Republic of America wrote:
Well, the Republic of China, led by Sun Yat-sen ironically enough, is making their first endeavors into Africa. The Brits are busy slaughtering the Africans as per usual. Japan is going on a war and annexing spree. Pretty much business as usual for your 1800’s RP.

I plan to annex Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Congo and/or Nigeria.

Anyone gonna challenge/is a challenge to me?

Hold up, I want Ethiopia.

Tosia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:05 pm

Robosia wrote:Nation Name: Ro-Bozyah
Real Life Country(Location): Lake Victoria
Economic System: Tribal
Ideology: Liberarianism
Form of Government: Tribal Kingdom
Population: ~7000
Military Power: ~600 trained soldiers, but all citizens know how to fight
Size of Economy: Small
Economic Stability: Medium
Other: Just your average small tribal kingdom. Uses copper and copper alloys a lot, eats a lot of fish. Basically my nation but humans in Africa.

Approved! From where you're at, you might want to try to ally with a colonizer so you can become a puppet state or ally.

Tosia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:06 pm

Montagne Riche wrote:Nation Name: Montagne Riche
Real Life Country(Location): Savoy and Vaud
Economic System: Distributism
Ideology: Absolutism
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy with king as the head of state and government
Population: 100,000,000
Military Power: Fairly Powerful, strong navy
Size of Economy: Frightening
Economic Stability: Stable
Other: French Monarchy restored and capital officially moved from Paris to Geneva

Approved! I guess you'll be this games france :eyebrow:

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Unified Republic of America wrote:
China is planning on colonizing the Congo, this may turn interesting real quick.

>Challenging me
>In 1800's
>The Balance Of Power/Vienna Congress Expert

"You're not dealing with the average Lotharia anymore..."

(Slowly aligns with Loth's nation in order to into dominance)
Nation Name: The Kingdom of France
Real Life Country(Location): France, with the inclusion of Wallonia, Luxembourg, and the Romandy region of Switzerland (Continental France), Overseas dominion include French Indochina (Vietnam, Laos, and parts of Thailand), French Indonesia (consisting of the islands of Java, Sulawesi, and Kalimantan),
Economic System: Laissez-Faire capitalism
Ideology:
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Population:
Military Power:
Size of Economy:
Economic Stability:
Other: Franco-Prussian Shenanigans, which is why former Flemish colonies (namely Indonesia) are under French control, due to a swift counter-coup which allowed the original French monarchs (Both the Orelanists and the Legitimist claimants) to go up to Wallonia, who was Denmark’s only ally during the Schleswig-Holstein War. Of course, Realpolitik does not always end well, but it has kept France’s nose outside of continental affairs for now...with ethnic tensions in Switzerland, Wallonia, and Alsace-Lorraine, the peace between the French and the Germans is beginning to fray, especially these claims made by the French during the Franco-Prussian War were only guaranteed, so long as Germany may have colonial possessions as well. King Louis-Philippe II has much to deal with, and the restored monarchy has had a meteoric and controversial rise to power, aligning with the Prussians, refusing to restore the Bourbons to the Iberian throne, he plays a dangerous game of diplomacy to counterbalance the military powers of Europe, between the drilled and deadly armies of the German Empire and the vast fleets of Britain. Will France and her King be once more gloried under the sun? Or will the threat of republicanism and ambitious nations render France a footnote in history?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Tosia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Draos wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Historically, Southerners actually called themselves American because they still considered themselves American, just from the Confederate States of America instead of the United States of America. You could also do what I just did and call them Southerners, or Confederates, or Republicans (since that's your form of government), or, if you're talking about military men, Butternuts or Graycoats. You could also use the term Rebel, but that would probably be derogatory since your people would most likely consider themselves to be legitimate independents and not rebels.

well the official name of the Country is the Republic of Dixie since they separated from the Union after Canada took parts of the north and distanced themselves from America. kinda wish I could redo but oh well

Speaking of Canada, If Canada continues being inactive I might consider them not involved which would make Canada and the US independent.

Tosia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Danceria wrote:
Eternal Lotharia wrote:>Challenging me
>In 1800's
>The Balance Of Power/Vienna Congress Expert

"You're not dealing with the average Lotharia anymore..."

(Slowly aligns with Loth's nation in order to into dominance)
Real Life Country(Location): France, with the inclusion of Wallonia, Luxembourg, and the Romandy region of Switzerland (Continental France), Overseas dominion include French Indochina (Vietnam, Laos, and parts of Thailand), French Indonesia (consisting of the islands of Java, Sulawesi, and Kalimantan),
Ideology:
Population:
Military Power:
Size of Economy:
Economic Stability:
Other: Franco-Prussian Shenanigans, which is why former Flemish colonies (namely Indonesia) are under French control, due to a swift counter-coup which allowed the original French monarchs (Both the Orelanists and the Legitimist claimants) to go up to Wallonia, who was Denmark’s only ally during the Schleswig-Holstein War. Of course, Realpolitik does not always end well, but it has kept France’s nose outside of continental affairs for now...with ethnic tensions in Switzerland, Wallonia, and Alsace-Lorraine, the peace between the French and the Germans is beginning to fray, especially these claims made by the French during the Franco-Prussian War were only guaranteed, so long as Germany may have colonial possessions as well. King Louis-Philippe II has much to deal with, and the restored monarchy has had a meteoric and controversial rise to power, aligning with the Prussians, refusing to restore the Bourbons to the Iberian throne, he plays a dangerous game of diplomacy to counterbalance the military powers of Europe, between the drilled and deadly armies of the German Empire and the vast fleets of Britain. Will France and her King be once more gloried under the sun? Or will the threat of republicanism and ambitious nations render France a footnote in history?

Approved! I guess you're the real France in this rp, although you might be up against a lot! For an Easy Start, try colonzing West Africa. Only Iberia claimed one thing in West Africa.

Unified Republic of America
Attaché

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Hey tosia, which nation are you in this RP? China could use some more buds to gang up on England with ;/

Tosia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tosia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Unified Republic of America wrote:Hey tosia, which nation are you in this RP? China could use some more buds to gang up on England with ;/

I'm the host :meh:
If you want more people to ally with, try inviting more people to the rp.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Tosia wrote:
Danceria wrote:(Slowly aligns with Loth's nation in order to into dominance)
Ideology:
Population:
Military Power:
Size of Economy:
Economic Stability:

Approved! I guess you're the real France in this rp, although you might be up against a lot! For an Easy Start, try colonzing West Africa. Only Iberia claimed one thing in West Africa.

Due to Franco-Prussian shenanigans, France and Germany will no doubt be at odds for African clay, after the previous war. France is eager to get the lion's share of the old Iberian colonies, but I don't want to overextend myself.

My goal is to keep Madagascar, Ivory Coast, and some overseas Asian possessions. I have a plan on how to counteract Britannia ruling the waves...
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:26 pm

Tosia wrote:
Unified Republic of America wrote:Hey tosia, which nation are you in this RP? China could use some more buds to gang up on England with ;/

I'm the host :meh:
If you want more people to ally with, try inviting more people to the rp.

Rip then

Draos
Minister

Postby Draos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:35 pm

Danceria wrote:
Tosia wrote:Approved! I guess you're the real France in this rp, although you might be up against a lot! For an Easy Start, try colonzing West Africa. Only Iberia claimed one thing in West Africa.

Due to Franco-Prussian shenanigans, France and Germany will no doubt be at odds for African clay, after the previous war. France is eager to get the lion's share of the old Iberian colonies, but I don't want to overextend myself.

My goal is to keep Madagascar, Ivory Coast, and some overseas Asian possessions. I have a plan on how to counteract Britannia ruling the waves...

Sorry I already kinda took Madagascar.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Republic of America » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Danceria wrote:
Tosia wrote:Approved! I guess you're the real France in this rp, although you might be up against a lot! For an Easy Start, try colonzing West Africa. Only Iberia claimed one thing in West Africa.

Speaking of your plan, my nation in the RP, the Republic of China, IC sent the Kingdom of France an offer of a defensive alliance against the British threat as part of the policy of “containment.” If you want it, you can reply to me about it in the thread.
Last edited by Unified Republic of America on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Draos wrote:
Danceria wrote:Due to Franco-Prussian shenanigans, France and Germany will no doubt be at odds for African clay, after the previous war. France is eager to get the lion's share of the old Iberian colonies, but I don't want to overextend myself.

Sorry I already kinda took Madagascar.

That's...fine..I guess.

Just one more nation I gotta try to befriend.
Obligatory Quotes below

Vultuca
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vultuca » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Nation Name: United Provinces of Rio De La Plata
Real Life Country(Location): Argentina Paraguay and Uruguay
Economic System: Capitalist
Ideology: Peronism & Capitalism
Form of Government: Full Presidental representative democratic republic
Population: 2.569 Million
Military Power: Decently Good
Size of Economy:
Economic Stability: Pretty Stable
Other:
Last edited by Vultuca on Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

OOC would this be allowed

Postby Crimetopolis » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:18 pm

Standard Oil Company of New Jersey occupying Tanganyika? Good Ol' John D. Rockefeller, I like him because he was totally ruthless in his younger days, too. Think also the United Fruit Co. of the Banana Republic. If I can have him, I'm Standard Oil with the Boers, because ol' John D. sees Britain as 'just another to be removed on the road to progress, too.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse