NATION

PASSWORD

Titans Among Us: Academy of Heros (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Triassica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:02 am

Im going to post soon. Maybe tonight.
Slava Ukraine!

Panira
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Panira » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 am

Triassica wrote:Im going to post soon. Maybe tonight.

Ditto
Signatures are just a social construct.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 am

Going to post...
Slava Ukraine!

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Are each of the rooms altered for the student in them, i.e. heat lamps for Andrew, hermetic seal and special HVAC for Mariah etc, or are they all the same?

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Demencia wrote:Are each of the rooms altered for the student in them, i.e. heat lamps for Andrew, hermetic seal and special HVAC for Mariah etc, or are they all the same?

Actually, I always intended the rooms to fit the special needs of students.
Slava Ukraine!

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Waiting for someone to post.
Slava Ukraine!

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Triassica wrote:Waiting for someone to post.

Same, nothing for Mariah (and Corrina) to do

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Going to post tomorrow
Slava Ukraine!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:30 am

I'm still around... Been holding back on posting to give others a chance to.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:29 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:I'm still around... Been holding back on posting to give others a chance to.

I have been doing that too, but I am thinking about reinforcing my post time rule.
Slava Ukraine!

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 am

Aight. After an accidentally deleted draft and a few days of no inspiration and procrastination, post is up.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:20 am

Tagged

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:05 pm

Character Description
    Name: Zorha
    Aliases: Undertaker
    Age (Students are 13 to 21): 19
    Apperance

Motivations
    Goals: Zorha just wants to see a future in which people are not ostracized for something they could not help
    Fears: Zorha fears being alone and isolated, and just wants to be welcomed into society.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Powers :
    Astral Chains - Zorha can make chains appear from any point on his body that can extend and act as either a form of attack or support. The chains themselves are ethereal in appearance and are quite strong and durable. They can move and extend at about 150 feet per second, and can lift cars and medium sized vehicles easily.

Zipline - The chains that Zorha produces can attach to surfaces and retract, acting like something similar to a zipline for movement. They may be similarly used as ropes to swing on. These two methods in combination are what allow Zorha to move around from place to place quickly.

Soul Shock - After extensive continuous contact with Zorha's chains, one's soul becomes susceptible to a Soul Shock. This technique scratches the soul of the target and causes immense pain to radiate throughout the entirety of their body for but a brief moment. The pain is purely psychological and does no real physical harm.

Ether Drive - Causes the power and efficacy of Zorha's abilities to rise. Think of this as a limit breaker with a duration of about ten minutes that doubles his ability value. After the time limit is up, Zorha will collapse and pass out until the time of activation the next day.
    Abilities: Close Quarters Combat - Scythe | Freerunning
    Equipment: A large scythe, which is his weapon of choice
    Weaknesses: Power dampening abilities, mind altering abilities, long range/drawn out combat.

Background:
    Student or Teacher?: Student
    If Teacher, which subject?:
    Legal Status: Currently a student.
    General: I can go deeper if I need to, but it was already pretty long so I tried to keep it simpler.
    Before Zorha was born, he died. More accurately, his mother died while he was in the womb. She had been in the hospital in the final stages of pregnancy. Everything was looking great until she went into labor. Her body could not handle the stress of birthing a child, and she died not long into the process. When she died, Zorha's soul was extracted along with his mother's. While she rose up into the sky towards the radiant, silver lined sky, He stayed next to her lifeless corpse. He was stuck like that until they managed to extract his body from his mother. He could feel his essence being drawn back into the husk that he had left, and surely enough he was pulled back into his body. This forged a connection between him and the Ether, the realm of souls.

Years passed without incident, and he lived his young life with his single father. He never knew his mother, but that never stopped him from missing her. In school he would see all the other kids getting in cars with their mothers and fathers, wondering why he couldn't have had that happiness. He would often lie awake at night, wondering what it was like to be in a happy family. Some of the other kids would pick on him for not having a mom, but he wouldn't let it show how much it hurt to hear those things to them. That was what they wanted. Zorha bottled all of those emotions up until they exploded one day. On that fateful day he had had enough of the pain and sadness that those kids were causing him. The sadness turned to rage, and he let out a rage filled cry. Chains sprouted from various parts of his body and wrapped around the children who had brought sadness onto him. They were lifted high above the ground and swung around pitifully until one of the teachers came and saw the horrid scene that was unfolding. That teacher had been one of the only ones he really talked to, and had come to see them as an alternate parental figure when he was having trouble in school. What else could they do in the face of a super powered child? He felt the embrace and slowly started to calm down. Eventually Zorha broke down in the arms of the teacher. The other students were released, and the chains slowly receded back into his body. Zorha passed out after the chains receded, was immediately expelled due to the potential harm he could cause to other students.

When he turned fifteen, Zorha began to become curious about what happened that day, and decided to try to experiment and see what he was capable of. He began with trying to resummon the chains that had exploded out of him on that day. Sure enough, they came out, but much slower than last time. They were a beautiful silver color and glowed with a warm astral light. He could move them without touching them, but not very proficiently. He didn't want his dad to discover that he was using this power, so he waited until night fell and would go out after dark every day to practice using his power. He spent the rest of that year practicing movement and precise control with the chains until he was proficient and could multitask with them. He would often go out running to let off steam from any pent up stress, and one day chanced upon an old fashioned weapons store. It was night time and the shop was closed, but he saw something that he could not help but want. A scythe that was silver in color, but not reflective. He hid from the cameras and sent his chains into the store. He managed to drag the scythe outside and quickly went home, hiding the weapon in the attic of his house. When he would go out to practice using his chains he would often bring the scythe with him and practice with it as a form of self defense. You never know when you might encounter someone that wants to hurt you.

One day, when he was using his chains to play around, he discovered that they could attach to other surfaces. He tried to retract the first attached chain, but that just ended up with him getting yanked towards a wall. Eventually, he discovered how to release it, and began to incorporate that technique into his practice. That technique took another two years to perfect the timing for sticking and releasing. At this point he was eighteen, and wanted to leave the house and go find a place where he could belong. His father was against it because he knew how harsh the world was towards metahumans and insisted that he stay just one more year to prepare for a new life. Despite all of the trouble that Zorha had been in, his father still loved him from the bottom of his heart even though he was scared of him at times. His father spent that final year teaching him everything he knew about the world and how to survive. That year they heard about a school opening up specially for metahumans like Zorha that would have trouble going into society or controlling their powers. Zorha agreed to be sent there to learn more about himself and how to fit into society.

Posting Commitments (How many times can we expect a post from you?): I tend to check forums at least once a day and begin preparing responses the same day I see a new post.
    TIGER

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:22 pm

Frisct the II wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Zorha
    Aliases: Undertaker
    Age (Students are 13 to 21): 19
    Apperance

Motivations
    Goals: Zorha just wants to see a future in which people are not ostracized for something they could not help
    Fears: Zorha fears being alone and isolated, and just wants to be welcomed into society.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Powers :
    Astral Chains - Zorha can make chains appear from any point on his body that can extend and act as either a form of attack or support. The chains themselves are ethereal in appearance and are quite strong and durable. They can move and extend at about 150 feet per second, and can lift cars and medium sized vehicles easily.

Zipline - The chains that Zorha produces can attach to surfaces and retract, acting like something similar to a zipline for movement. They may be similarly used as ropes to swing on. These two methods in combination are what allow Zorha to move around from place to place quickly.

Soul Shock - After extensive continuous contact with Zorha's chains, one's soul becomes susceptible to a Soul Shock. This technique scratches the soul of the target and causes immense pain to radiate throughout the entirety of their body for but a brief moment. The pain is purely psychological and does no real physical harm.

Ether Drive - Causes the power and efficacy of Zorha's abilities to rise. Think of this as a limit breaker with a duration of about ten minutes that doubles his ability value. After the time limit is up, Zorha will collapse and pass out until the time of activation the next day.
    Abilities: Close Quarters Combat - Scythe | Freerunning
    Equipment: A large scythe, which is his weapon of choice
    Weaknesses: Power dampening abilities, mind altering abilities, long range/drawn out combat.

Background:
    Student or Teacher?: Student
    If Teacher, which subject?:
    Legal Status: Currently a student.
    General: I can go deeper if I need to, but it was already pretty long so I tried to keep it simpler.
    Before Zorha was born, he died. More accurately, his mother died while he was in the womb. She had been in the hospital in the final stages of pregnancy. Everything was looking great until she went into labor. Her body could not handle the stress of birthing a child, and she died not long into the process. When she died, Zorha's soul was extracted along with his mother's. While she rose up into the sky towards the radiant, silver lined sky, He stayed next to her lifeless corpse. He was stuck like that until they managed to extract his body from his mother. He could feel his essence being drawn back into the husk that he had left, and surely enough he was pulled back into his body. This forged a connection between him and the Ether, the realm of souls.

Years passed without incident, and he lived his young life with his single father. He never knew his mother, but that never stopped him from missing her. In school he would see all the other kids getting in cars with their mothers and fathers, wondering why he couldn't have had that happiness. He would often lie awake at night, wondering what it was like to be in a happy family. Some of the other kids would pick on him for not having a mom, but he wouldn't let it show how much it hurt to hear those things to them. That was what they wanted. Zorha bottled all of those emotions up until they exploded one day. On that fateful day he had had enough of the pain and sadness that those kids were causing him. The sadness turned to rage, and he let out a rage filled cry. Chains sprouted from various parts of his body and wrapped around the children who had brought sadness onto him. They were lifted high above the ground and swung around pitifully until one of the teachers came and saw the horrid scene that was unfolding. That teacher had been one of the only ones he really talked to, and had come to see them as an alternate parental figure when he was having trouble in school. What else could they do in the face of a super powered child? He felt the embrace and slowly started to calm down. Eventually Zorha broke down in the arms of the teacher. The other students were released, and the chains slowly receded back into his body. Zorha passed out after the chains receded, was immediately expelled due to the potential harm he could cause to other students.

When he turned fifteen, Zorha began to become curious about what happened that day, and decided to try to experiment and see what he was capable of. He began with trying to resummon the chains that had exploded out of him on that day. Sure enough, they came out, but much slower than last time. They were a beautiful silver color and glowed with a warm astral light. He could move them without touching them, but not very proficiently. He didn't want his dad to discover that he was using this power, so he waited until night fell and would go out after dark every day to practice using his power. He spent the rest of that year practicing movement and precise control with the chains until he was proficient and could multitask with them. He would often go out running to let off steam from any pent up stress, and one day chanced upon an old fashioned weapons store. It was night time and the shop was closed, but he saw something that he could not help but want. A scythe that was silver in color, but not reflective. He hid from the cameras and sent his chains into the store. He managed to drag the scythe outside and quickly went home, hiding the weapon in the attic of his house. When he would go out to practice using his chains he would often bring the scythe with him and practice with it as a form of self defense. You never know when you might encounter someone that wants to hurt you.

One day, when he was using his chains to play around, he discovered that they could attach to other surfaces. He tried to retract the first attached chain, but that just ended up with him getting yanked towards a wall. Eventually, he discovered how to release it, and began to incorporate that technique into his practice. That technique took another two years to perfect the timing for sticking and releasing. At this point he was eighteen, and wanted to leave the house and go find a place where he could belong. His father was against it because he knew how harsh the world was towards metahumans and insisted that he stay just one more year to prepare for a new life. Despite all of the trouble that Zorha had been in, his father still loved him from the bottom of his heart even though he was scared of him at times. His father spent that final year teaching him everything he knew about the world and how to survive. That year they heard about a school opening up specially for metahumans like Zorha that would have trouble going into society or controlling their powers. Zorha agreed to be sent there to learn more about himself and how to fit into society.

Posting Commitments (How many times can we expect a post from you?): I tend to check forums at least once a day and begin preparing responses the same day I see a new post.
    TIGER

Accepted
Slava Ukraine!

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Posted.
Slava Ukraine!

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:50 pm

I guess now would be a good time to introduce my two teacher characters.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 pm

Triassica wrote:Accepted

Schweet

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:19 pm

Ihury wrote:I guess now would be a good time to introduce my two teacher characters.

Yep.
Slava Ukraine!

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Triassica wrote:
Ihury wrote:I guess now would be a good time to introduce my two teacher characters.

Yep.

Aight.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 am

Will get a post up.
Slava Ukraine!

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:15 pm

Almost done. Will be up tomorrow...
Slava Ukraine!

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm

I'm still here. Was just waiting to see if anyone else was going to post before we moved on.

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Frisct the II wrote:I'm still here. Was just waiting to see if anyone else was going to post before we moved on.

We are at the school doing intro introductions.
Slava Ukraine!

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Triassica » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:43 am

posted btw.
Slava Ukraine!

Triassica
Ambassador

Ex-Nation