NATION

PASSWORD

The Walking Dead - IC/OPEN (Survival-Horror RP)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Walking Dead - IC/OPEN (Survival-Horror RP)

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:42 am

OOC

August 29th, 2018
9:30 AM
What Lurks There

The dead roamed Wilmington.

Rotting slow, mindless hordes bumping into each other as they paraded streets with their missing limbs, their broken bodies, their guts trailing behind their feet like long coats in winter. Flies stuck to them, swimming over their sunken eyes and bloodied teeth. The ones who still had hair left were given grease-packed strands that matted and coiled up against their fleshy scalps. Most looked normal from a distance; upon closer inspection one would see pale skin and gray pupils, some naked, some in linen bathrobes. Most were fresh and yet to rot, but their time would come soon. Some wore nothing but boxers and a t-shirt, others were dressed in dark red business attire, soaked with the blood of themselves. All shambled with collective intent, simple as it was violent.

Consume.

The campus was different. Husks limped the perimeter, of course, and some had even managed to get behind the chain-link fence (topped with barbed wire.) The high school was large, especially since it was accentuated by the middle and elementary next to it. This was the place the military had called so many survivors. There were remnants of them scattered about, two or three humvees parked in front. But it was different. Despite that gnawing sense of emptiness, it was safe. A few dozen undead were scattered in the yard, but they weren’t congested like the ones in the streets of Wilmington.

Parts of the fence had fallen over, just enough for a person to crawl over. This would sow dissent in any of the survivors who approached, for sure, but there had to be military left in there. It wasn’t an option to not find the military; after all, they had come all the way here, hadn’t they? Five survivors approached one of the breaches from the southwest, the high school itself sitting before them. Another six had approached from the northeast, finding themselves nearing the fence around Charles P. Murray Middle. Both groups stood outside the fallen links, mulling over what was to come next exactly.

Both groups seemed feeble. A young teen named Jiro Mayazaki was in the first pack, quiet yet with a sense of determination emanating from his aura. There was an elderly man named Theo Gustaffson with him as well, a weak man wielding a cane to prop him up. Then there was Benjamin Church; he was not well-liked amongst the rest, causation of his stubborn yet distant attitude clashing against the others. Nelson Andrews also stood among them, the former “mourning boy” now fiddling with his fingers as the quintet came to a standstill. Finally, a young woman stood in the front, one with a leaderly disposition but a sheepishness upon staring at the dead. Her name was Caitlin Hart. Their breach appeared to have been run over by something at a good speed, flattened and crooked in the wispy grass. The culprit sat ahead, a military humvee trapped halfway through a wall. Jumping atop of said humvee would lead them towards an open window on the second and last story.

Deputy Edward Miller was the one leading the pack into the evacuation zone from the north. He didn’t look sure of himself on the state of de facto leadership; but he was a cop, so that’s where it got him. The frail figure with the prosthetic leg limped towards the school, following in as quick of a pursuit as Ronald Perry could. Then there was Madeline Hess, the tiny girl with the oversized rifle and the frigid expression hiking after them, eyes glued to every part of the surroundings. A man with a fine-tuned posture and a particularly distinguished and polite gait pursued, Mordimer Krankheit. Finally came in the teacher and her pupil; Katherine Truelove and Morgan Kaur, respectively. The two seemed stuck together, yet closed the gap between themselves and the others for safety’s sake. This group’s breach had been pushed over by the infected, it seemed, as a few of the dead walked close by. Before them sat the side doors of the middle school, mostly free from the undead but under dying eye by so many of them. They could make a run for it, if need be, and enter into what was the much safer lobby.

Doubts were sure to arise. The sorry state of the zone was causation enough for suspicions and the lack of activity in the building would only settle that. But what other hope did they have to get out of Wilmington?

These thoughts were vanquished within seconds with the sudden eruption of gunfire from inside of the school. Anyone approaching the school would hear it and anyone from miles around would hear it. Loud, piercing, shrieking. This was to be followed by the raspy groans of undead from behind the survivors, insistent on investigating the noises that disturbed. Insistent on heading right for each of the survivors.

The evacuation zone was no longer an option; it was a necessity.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:06 am

August 29th, 2018

The mornings had become colder.

Perhaps it was a seasonal thing; August was coming to an end, and with it would be the first whispers of autumn, a pale horse accompanied by the slowly looming September equinox.

Or perhaps it was psychological. Not since the last time he held his wife's hand had 79-year-old Theodor "Theo" Gustafsson felt that deepest of human warmths: the warmth of tender, human love. The sort of childlike affection that kept one awake at night and yet, somehow, in its warm embrace, put one to sleep.

How he yearned for her! To be young with her again, and to run through the verdant fields and cobbled streets of Uppsala. To sleep with her, to conjugate with her. To be by her side once more.

Maria Juni Elsa Åkerlund. Born January 6 1940, died December 10 2009.

Now, she was but a distant light behind him. A grand, benevolent fire that burned behind his back, but to which he could no longer turn. Only onward could Theodor Arvid Åsmund Gustafsson go, hobbling on his metal walking cane, the backwind according him just a little bit more of that tender warmth. He could no longer see the fire itself, but its gentle light continued to illuminate the path before him, bit by bit, until one day...

"Vägen, du skall följa den", Theo quietly murmured to himself. A poem, written by one of the most preeminent Swedish statesmen of his time, shortly before his death. "Lyckan, du skall glöma den."

The path; you shall follow it. The enjoyment; you shall forget it.

Dressed in a nicely-ironed short-sleeved office shirt and tweed trousers, with a matching belt and shoes to go and a pastel-green windbreaker bearing the logo of the Uppsala Symphonic Orchestra, Theo Gustafsson was a curious figure of smartness amidst the chaos of the surroundings, now engulfed in a flurry of roaring anarchy.

"Kalken, du skall tömma den." The cup, you shall empty it.

Accompanying him was 18-year-old Jiro Miyazaki, one of the boys who lived in the same neighbourhood, whom Theo used to teach piano lessons. In contrast to Theo, Jiro cut a far more casual look, decked out in a graphic T-shirt and tracksuit trousers and a simple grey jacket; he carried two bags, one a large Bulgari leather briefcase belonging to Theo and containing his personal effects, and one his own bag, a yellow Fjällräven Kånken that showed quite a few signs of age.

Like Theo, Jiro, too, had long left behind that indescribable pinnacle of human warmth. His grandparents had died, one after another, sinking quietly into the earth as their eyes fell shut. His father had disappeared and so selfishly run off into the distance with another woman, never to come back. His mother, after nine years of heartbreak, threw herself into the sea when her former husband, in what was perhaps a final act of cruel spite, posted a picture of himself and his 27-year-old mistress in Hawaii, making out on the beach. A day later, the Internet went down, and Jiro was spared the agony of having to decide whether or not to see his father's face one last time.

"Smärtan, du skall dölja den." The pain, you shall conceal it.

"What is that poem, Mr Theo?" Jiro inquired.

"A poem written by Dag Hammarskjöld", the old man replied, gazing dreamily into the morning sky as he hobbled on, his walking stick tapping rhythmically against the concrete path. "My wife's last words."

He attempted to finish reciting the poem, but the last few stanzas evaded his mind, and his voice trailed off with the wind.

They walked on.

There were others in the group too. Five of them in total, to be exact. The night before, Jiro had had a brief conversation with the tall young lady, Caitlin; she was, before the rise of the undead, a public servant, and seemed like a decent person who knew just how to take charge if there was a need to. As Jiro noticed from the large bag she carried, she'd come prepared, much unlike him and Theo, who had decided to make their way to the evacuation centre largely on the spur of the moment.

There was a medic too. His name was Ben, as Jiro and Theo had deduced from what brief conversations they'd had with him. That was pretty much it, though. They had hardly had any chance to talk, and neither Theo nor Jiro were quite ready to judge a guy whom they'd hardly had any chance to talk to, though Jiro did find him a little scary-looking.

Then there was Nelson. Even for someone as accepting as Theo and as unassuming as Jiro, this man was a little odd and, quite frankly, creepy.

Beggars couldn't be choosers, though. Not in a situation like this. Any human company was good company, and besides, it wasn't as if any of these people were full-on crazies hell bent on some sick plan to establish an evil empire or anything along those lines.

"Mr Theo... I think that's the place", said Jiro excitedly.

Just ahead of their group was what looked like the remnants of a school, matching the description that had been provided by the military. It was hardly what one would call a school building, given its sorry state and the fact that it was surrounded by the corpses of those things.

"I'm going to get typhus just looking at this building", Theo remarked dryly.

The bodies lying around, riddled with bullets, were quite possibly the most disturbing feature of the new scenery. Theo could not help but bring his gaze to their faces, twisted and pulled into flags of pestilence and agony and abandonment. These things had been people before.

They had been friends, brothers, sisters, parents, children, bosses, rivals, enemies, nemeses...

Whatever they had been, they were people. Theo could not comprehend the state of mind one was put in when one became one of... those things.

"Something seems off about this whole affair", Jiro remarked, squinting to look closer at the building. "I can't help but feel like... something isn't quite right..."

The blasts of gunfire from within the building jolted Jiro out of his thoughts and Theo out of his daydreaming. It was a sudden explosion of firearms rattling through the dead air, but the flying bullets were nowhere to be seen. Perhaps there was something going on inside...?

"Jiro! Behind!"

Jiro whirled around, only to see what Theo was shakily pointing to: a large horde of the ghouls, lumbering closer and closer towards the survivors, sealing off the roads from which they had come.

There was only one way they could go now.

"Damn it..."

Turning to the other three (in particular Ben, whom he was standing closest to), Jiro said, "Any plans? I say we hurry up and... you know..."

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Madeline Hess
'Evacuation' Zone

A bad feeling, like a bolder, settled into my stomach as we finally, painfully, approached what was touted as an active military evacuation site. It would be a lie to say that even the dilapidated state of the place didnt bring some relief. In fact, Id secretly been hoping the place would be abandoned. I was reasonably sure no one would put me against a wall for outright deserting the military in this, its greatest time of need, but there was still a very real possibility. With everything going to shit and back, who knew what military protocols were for being AOWL these days? If there even was a military anymore.

Scanning the hastily erected barriers and demolished fence, a part of my brain couldnt help but be annoyed. Sloppy work. Whoever had gone though this place had obviously been either a hack or in a supreme hurry. The simple fact that the fence itself looked pushed over in front of us was a testament to that. The military vehicles scattered around were also a pretty good indicator, no staff NCO worth their salt would have let anyone just leave them sitting around. Which meant that this place was FUBAR.

Even with relief and dread warring one another in my gut, I stepped up next to the cop who had taken charge of us, bayonet tipped rifle cradled in my arms. Id been in a leadership position before, being a sergeant in the national guard had seen to that, and I had absolutely no reservations about being led. So long as I wasnt being led to slaughter.

The group I'd ended up with was a real hogpog affair, and I didnt yet know what to make of them. So far Id only stayed with them because they were heading in the same direction I was, and more people means greater chance someone else will die while I make my escape. I didnt know much about them, and in truth I didnt care. So long as none of them shot me in the back or... tried anything else... Id be fine not bayoneting them at the first chance. All told, there was the cop, the gimp, a business man, two chicks who kept closer to themselves than to anyone else, and me, a heavily armed almost midget who didnt particularity trust anyone.

I hadnt told anyone anything about me, and hadnt volunteered more than my name when asked. Would that grow resentment towards me? Probably. But That really didnt matter. I had other things on my mind, like the possibility of my pending execution, or my mother's whereabouts, or how my dad was doing. Or possibly who was opening up on full auto inside the school.

The sudden burst would have had me on the ground, but a part of my brain recognized that the shots were muffled by the school walls. Instead I merely flinched. Then I became aware of another sound. A low and continuous moan. Coming from all around us in fact. The hairs on my neck stood straight up as I realized that the ghouls must have dispersed around the school after they overran the outside. And now they were coming back. We couldn't go back the way we came, already it was clogged with the dead we'd carefully avoided on the way in.

That left... One way... Forward and into the beast's mouth. Without much of a cursory thought, I booked it through the closing maw of ghouls in the courtyard and into the school's main entryway. A quick sweep revealed no ghouls, only a blood stained lobby with several sandbag walls and shell casings everywhere. Poking my head back out the bullet ridden doors, I shouted, "Come on! Its safe in here!" As much as my body screamed to leave them for dead, I needed at least a few of them alive. Especially since it looked very much like we were about to trapped in the same place together.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:52 pm

August 29th, 2018
What Lurks There

The sight that greeted Benjamin wasn't very welcome in his mind, the destroyed fence, the Humvee halfway in the wall, and the few solitary..."things" shambling about the yard all told Ben the same story.

"There's no more evacuations coming from here anymore." Benjamin stated lowly so as to not alert those things that hadn't yet noticed them yet but loud enough for the others in the group to hear.

Up until this point things hadn't been too bad, the group wasn't everything Ben could've hoped for, what with only two of them having firearms, and one being an elderly man. But people were people and Ben had sworn an oath to save lives and do no harm, so in a way he was stuck with them until Ben could get them to safety...if there even was safety anymore. Just by looking at the ruined perimeter of the compound and the smashed wall of the High School any sane person could probably guess that there was no safety to be found here...no rescue from this nightmare. And what a nightmare it was, over the last half a month Ben had watched everything go to hell in a handbasket, he watched a dead man come back to life with the only intention being to devour the first living creature it saw...that unfortunate meal being Ben's partner Alex who was bitten in the neck and bled out in seconds. The dead man taking several dozen bullets afterwards and still able to walk after that didn't do much to make that particular situation any better.

Half the city of Wilmington turning into dead creatures just like that thing REALLY didn't make the situation better. Not even the remnants of the US military, those who hadn't fallen to that damned Flu, which Ben theorized had been the opening stages of the virus, were enough to stop those things from tearing the other half of Wilmington apart. Now here stood Ben, staring at what was supposed to be his ticket out of here, the evac zone the military had promised on the radio...the evac zone his parents had to have gone through. For most men that would drive them to tears of frustration and anger, but for Ben he remained stoic, he had to...he was a proponent of stoicism and he wouldn't let a little upset like this break his faith in the practice.

'It looks like they left in a hurry, maybe there's something of use inside, maybe a few more firearms for the rest of the group?' Ben wondered before the sound of gunfire from within caused him to flinch in surprise.

From the outside the place had looked abandoned, that gunfire though...it could mean the place could have been overrun and a horde was inside, slowly shambling forward to overwhelm the last defenses of those still left alive. Ben's first instinct told him to turn to the group and tell them it was time to go, it wouldn't be safe inside if people were firing off weapons at some unseen foe. But then...then the moans started, not from within the high school, but from behind the group. Ben turned around and saw the beginning of those things shambling towards them as the sound of gunfire attracted their attention, Ben's eyes widened at the sight, the stupid idiots inside were bringing the dead right to them with all that noise...and that meant they were being brought right towards Ben and his group first.

It seemed Ben wasn't the only one to notice their predicament however as the young Asian boy asked "Any plans? I say we hurry up and... you know..."

Looking back at the school Ben saw the fastest way inside, climbing up to a second floor window over the Humvee which had crashed through the school's wall.

Ben nodded and looked to the group, saying loud enough for them to hear him over the growing moans, "We need to climb, those things won't be able to follow us, that Humvee will get us to the upper floor. You all go, I'll take up the rear and keep those things back if they get too close."

Unstrapping the Ruger Mini 14 off his shoulder and unfolding it's stock Ben brought it to his shoulder and took aim at the nearest of the things shambling towards them as more and more began to fill the roadway up to the school, Ben kept his sights on the creature but did not fire, he'd hold it for as long as he could so as to not ring any more dinner bells for those damnable things.

Looking back at the group Ben said with a bit more urgency, "Go...NOW. I really don't want to wait here long."

Incabur
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Incabur » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:08 pm

August 29th, 2018
What Lurks There

Kenneth was never prepared for something like this. The dead waking from, at least what should of been, eternal slumber. Kenneth had read multiple stories of the dead rising, but none of them were even remotely close to the shit hole of a situation he was currently experiencing. He had witnessed something that no person should ever have to see. He now understood why his drive to Wilmington had been so... gory. At least he didn't have any living immediate family members, unlike so many others. Kenneth couldn't even imagine the pain and despair the children were going through, and he refused to acknowledge the fact that children, infants, were also among the victims, and those things. It was obvious from just the eyes that the life had been drained from their bodies. Perhaps this was next great catastrophe, dwarfing both world wars, and even comparing to the Bubonic plague. The sheer scale of it was simply unbelievable.

Kenneth had only managed to get his Franchi Spas 12, the bullets for it, and a deck of playing cards before having to outright abandon his car. To call the congestion in those roads traffic was a gross understatement. Fires were erupting all over the freeway, and even in some of the buildings. The monsters themselves were partially swarming it, devouring anybody who was unfortunate enough to be stuck in that deathtrap. Kenneth's car wasn't very safe compared to the others either. The damn thing was nearly twenty years old, and major parts often had to be replaced. He knew that it wouldn't withstand an onslaught from those things, and a few of them were shambling towards his area, mindlessly seeking out any signs of human activity. He hastily grabbed whatever he could in a few seconds, and darted to the forest, not stopping to look behind him. He would proceed to follow the road to the evacuation zone, where he would meet up with several other people who haven't been murdered.

Kenneth only gained a sense of how hopeless the situation seemed to be once he actually saw the evacuation zone, which didn't even look like one. The fences were down, a Humvee was rammed through the building, and he could hear gunfire coming from within the building itself.

Shit, those morons are going to attract anything miles away from here!

He glanced towards the group he had met up with. It appeared that Kenneth wasn't the only one to notice just how dire the situation was. The Asian teenager addressed what appeared to be the de facto leader of the group, with what appeared to be an Ruger Mini 14.

"Any plans? I say we we hurry up and... you know..."

The man quickly looked at school, specifically towards the Humvee. Kenneth could already see where this was going.

"We need to climb, those things won't be able to follow us, that Humvee will get us to the upper floor. You all go, I'll take up the rear and keep those things back if they get too close."

Kenneth could hear the moans of the monsters growing ever closer, they didn't have much time at all, certainly not enough of it to hesitate.

"You heard the man, lets move it! I'll stay on the ground to help those who have trouble climbing before climbing in myself. Go, go go!" Kenneth ran as quickly as he could towards the Humvee, ready to boost anyone who needed it. Kenneth felt like he had a moral obligation to help those in his group. He didn't have any living family, and he was one of the only three people in the group with a gun. He could at least fire at the things if he was at the bottom. He could only hope that his actions, even if he died, saved another's life.
Last edited by Incabur on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Charles P. Murray Middle School, Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America

Miller paused when he approached the school. From where he was standing he had a clear enough view of the school turned evacuation zone. The place was abandoned as school obviously, however it unfortunately looked halfway abandoned as an evacuation zone too. He sighed as he spotted a way inside the fence, a small portion of the fence that had been actively pulled or pushed to the ground presumably by the dead. Not a good sign, however it was a way in.

He motioned for the rest of the crew to follow him when a shot rang, followed by several more. Miller swore audibly. He could already hear the dead start shuffling and behind them. The college student looking girl almost immediately sprinted towards the source, the school, and got there unscathed. She called for the rest of them to head over, and Miller was already on it. He pulled his baton and motioned for everyone else to follow.

"Let's go! Before they swarm us!"

Edward jogged forward, he was heading to the school of course, however he made sure to stay close to the rest of them if they needed help. His baton bloodied as he started clubbing the gathering dead in their rotting heads.

"Hurry up!"
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Ronald Perry
August 29th, 2018
Charles P. Murray Middle School, Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
What Lurks There.

Ronald Perry was walking with a group of people to the Evacuation Zone with a group of people. From there beginning, he could tell he was clearly one of the weakest people on the team. There was a relatively young, fit woman, a sheriffs deputy, two teachers, some sort of City archivist, a high school student, and then there was him, the guy who had a limp because of a prosthetic leg.

Ronald was limping across the street right outside the middle school where his daughter had went for a while, bringing back a couple of memories before this all went to the fan. He walked past the middle school with his hand near his holster, waiting until something happened. Ronald knew that in the days after the tragedy, anything could happen at any time.

Ronald had finally herd the spree of bullets from the school followed by the noise of the undead. Automatically alarmed, Ronald pulled out his gun and quickly looked around to find the nearest way out. He then saw the college student rush toward the lobby, followed by the Deputy, telling us to come on and get in. Perry followed as fast as he possibly could, being as keen of his sorroumdings as possible.

“Come on guys, get up here!” Ronald screamed, signaling to them whilst saying it.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:41 am

Deputy Edward Miller was the one leading the pack into the evacuation zone from the north. He didn’t look sure of himself on the state of de facto leadership; but he was a cop, so that’s where it got him. The frail figure with the prosthetic leg limped towards the school, following in as quick of a pursuit as Ronald Perry could. Then there was Madeline Hess, the tiny girl with the oversized rifle and the frigid expression hiking after them, eyes glued to every part of the surroundings. A man with a fine-tuned posture and a particularly distinguished and polite gait pursued, Mordimer Krankheit. Finally came in the teacher and her pupil; Katherine Truelove and Morgan Kaur, respectively. The two seemed stuck together, yet closed the gap between themselves and the others for safety’s sake. This group’s breach had been pushed over by the infected, it seemed, as a few of the dead walked close by. Before them sat the side doors of the middle school, mostly free from the undead but under dying eye by so many of them. They could make a run for it, if need be, and enter into what was the much safer lobby.

Mordimer beckoned from left to right, seeing how far the world had changed in the last few weeks. Sweat didn’t come from his face. The fedora rested upon his brow gave protection from the glaring sun. What was it? 72 88 regardless, the heat was up there. A regular days heat though. The sight would be swell for a photo, but, alas, unfortunately he had maybe 16 17 until he could find more. Maybe there’d be more inside the compound, but by the looks of it that might be unlikely.

He could see the back of Ronald ahead of him. As the saying went. You wanted to have the weakest member of the team upfront, that way they could set the pace. He seemed to be about 20 years his senior, was balding, but while traveling seemed pretty calm. That was something near to see in the hysteria surrounding the dead rising. Beside him was a lady. Madeline. She seemed a bit distant, but given the circumstances that seemed fair enough. They’d all lost things and to want to be left alone seemed alright. To his immediate Roght he thought he could see Rose in his peripheral vision. Behind him he wasn’t sure. He thought it was Katherine and Morgan, a teacher and a student he’d spoken to earlier. At the front was Deputy Miller. He didn’t seem to be from around here, and didn’t seem to hear everything around him. He seemed to know what he was doing though. That was good.

The first bullet came. Loud. Like a canon going off. Fast. Like a welding torch. Specific. Piercing the dirt next to them. He nealt down. The next behind them. He could hear the Risers making their way towards the sounds of the gunfire. Ahead of him Miller started Booking it to the school.”Let’s go” He heard the Officer yell. A third shot rang out. The Thud of a Riser erupted from the pavement. “Before they swarm us”.

The others seemed to have the same idea. The lady seemed to rush forward, following the example of the Officer. He quickly looked behind him at the growing crowd of curious biters. Former golfers, a soldier, students, commuters, were shambling in their direction. Maws agape. Saliva dripping. Shirts tattered.

More bullets scattered against the wall of flesh.

My legs moved forward. Joining Ronald, the Officer, and the Lady. The school wasn’t too far. He turned to the others behind him to offer a supportive wave and get another look at the wall of undetered flesh. Entering the School after Ronald.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:05 am

August 29th, 2018
9:31 AM

The fencing had partially collapsed, and from the looks of it, ran over with a vehicle - the obvious culprit was the military humvee, rammed against the building and halfway lodged into the wall. Caitlin awkwardly, and perhaps absentmindedly, scratched her cheek as she stared at it for a moment, brows furrowed. The evacuation wasn't going as smoothly as she'd hoped, that was evident, at least. But surely there would be more, and those would be fine, no? "I think the locals are more likely to inflict you with that..." She responded to the old man's dry comment, shooting a quick glance towards some of the shambling corpses that littered around, quickly diverting her gaze from them as she nervously fumbled with a button of her shirt.

"We'd best get moving either way. They may well still be here, and if not..." She shook her head, dismissing that thought from her head. Positive thinking. That was important, now. Holding onto at least some semblance of hope. "Well. We'd best investigate regardless, let's -"

Caitlin's words were crudely cut off by sudden gunfire. See? She was right! There were people in there. Military, undoubtedly. She blinked. Before she could speak, she heard them. The groaning. The shambling of their rotten feet. She looked behind her, her eyes widening - a proper horde of them were approaching, and far quicker than she'd have liked. "Fuck!" Her hand instinctively reached for her pistol, but she did not yet pull it out, instead finding herself agreeing much more with the suggestion that came from one of them. "Let's get going, then!" With a nod, she broke out into a sprint, speeding towards the humvee - she was no athlete, but it was a short distance, a horde of dead things was coming, and her legs were fairly long.

She was not a climber at all, however, and while her backpack didn't weigh too much, it certainly did not help. Her hands reaching for the top of the vehicle, and she allowed for Kenneth to boost her, finally managing to clamber on top. Breathing heavily, she finally drew that P320 that had remained holstered up until this point, sending a panicked look towards the fast-encroaching horde. Trusting in the others to help those that needed assistance get on top of the humvee as well, she approached the opened window, weapon raised. Peering inside, quickly, Caitlin climbed inside through it, keeping her guard up.

"Let's... let's see if we can find the military, then." She spoke, to nobody in particular - and perhaps herself, mostly. "...before those things learn how to climb on top of these things as well."
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:28 am

August 29th, 2018
Charles P. Murray Middle School, Wilmington, N.C.
What Lurks There

For the past few days Rosa has been on edge. Her initial scepticism towards the news turned into legitmate concern for her well-being when the military arrived. There's always something unsetling about seeing military armed to the teeth, especially when you're a school teacher. Initially their numbers were overwhelming to Rosa. This combined with the martial law instituted shortly after their arrival as well as her neighbours' paranoia did not help her calm her nerves. When the Army blew up the bridges she wasn't there to see it, but she could definitely hear it. Understanding the magnitude of the situation she did not wait long before leaving her apartment - locking the door behind her for what perhaps might have been the last time.

It wasn't long before she joined a group led by Deputy Miller. Consisting of civilians it was rather diverse, although not that much for Rosa. Due to the rather anxious nature of the group she didn't have a chance to really talk with the group's other teacher Katherine Truelove, who's face Rosa considered somewhat familiar. Besides the cop and two teachers Carballo noticed Truelove's companion/student Morgan as well as a young woman slightly older than Truelove's pupil, a man around Rosa's age and the balding man at the front of the group, trying his best to set a good pace despite his prosthetic leg.

Rosa's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of gunfire coming from nearby. She followed her instincts and ducked, holding her baseball bat harder as if it gave her a fighting chance against bullets. Before she could say anything others took the lead. Deciding it would be best to follow them Rosa ran with the group leaving the moans of the undead behind her.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm

August 29, 2018
Wilmington, NC

The things were fast approaching, but in the building itself, there was only one immediately obvious way into safety; a military vehicle crashed into the wall, on which one could climb into the window and out of reach of the ghouls hot on their tails. What exactly it was doing there was beyond Jiro and Theo’s comprehension, but it did provide a rather convenient stepping stone to the window.

Except, of course, for a slight problem.

For 18-year-old Jiro, climbing into the window was fine and easy. For 79-year-old Theo, who had to walk about on a cane, it was most certainly a bit of a complication, to put it mildly.

“Old age has its problems”, Theo dryly remarked, heading further towards the building as quickly as his old knees allowed him to, the metallic tapping of his cane against the asphalt becoming faster and faster. “I’m not sure I’m able to-“

“Caitlin”, said Jiro to the young lady, adjusting his grip on the two bags he was carrying, “as much as I hate to admit it, it’s gonna be a bit of a problem to get him through that window.”

“I could always just find a way around”, Theo suggested.

“No”, Jiro shot back, clearly somewhat flustered and frustrated by the approach of the horde. “There may not be another entrance, Mr Theo, and besides...”

Jiro’s voice trailed off, as he looked over at Caitlin, and then at Ben, and then at the window through which the inside of the building could be accessed. It was a bit of a stretch from the top of the humvee to the threshold of the window, but theoretically, with a little bit of geriatric gymnastics, it was possible to get Theo up into the window. Someone agile and strong would have to go in first to pull him up, and someone else who was also agile and strong would have to stand below and help propel the old man upwards, into the window.

Risky? Yes. But better than trying desperately to find another entrance and then getting torn into ribbons.

“Caitlin”, said Jiro, “Please help me. We need to get Mr Theo into that window quickly. He can’t climb up on his own.”

“I’m not quite ready for this”, Theo meekly protested.

Last edited by Ihury on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 pm

What Remains of Wilmington, North Carolina

"No one ever thought the dead would come back to life this way when Christ our savior talked of resurrection." Nelson thought to himself reflecting over how the days changed. If someone had told him the dead would not only come back but participate in some sick perversion of communion by literally partaking of the flesh Nelson would have thought they were simply being blasphemous. Now such an opinion is no longer blasphemous, and untruthful, but a reality in what remains of Wilmington, North Carolina, and most certainly the rest of the world as well. The dead had no interests, but to eat, and rot further creating an unbelievable stench. To most normal people the dead do give off a stench, but not like this since these "people" weren't just rotting, but carrying out pieces of their victims creating an unholy scent beyond all compare.

To Nelson, this was an aberration to the beauty of death, and all it stood for. The natural order of life was to die but to also be reborn as something new. Something was happening in Heaven, and beyond that caused the souls to either stay in the dead body and come back wrong or for something to take their place. It wasn't right, and Nelson would set about correcting it one soul at a time. For the time being, burying them would be inconvenient, and this would no doubt gnaw at Nelson's soul, but he also held a responsibility to the living as well.

He was currently in a group with six others heading to what at one time was a high school. Nelson personally despised the phrase "at one time" since the world ended only relatively recently, but now young lovers, their teachers, and others no longer go back, and forth here. Instead only empty shells do, and they probably are only here because they came here in desperation just like this motley group, and Nelson silently prayed that one day these "ghouls" would reach the peace they so agonizingly tried to claim for. "These things clearly want to die, why else would they be so violent?" Nelson thought to himself recalling a horrible incident where an elderly man came back and had to be put down like a rabid dog.

A feeling of light-headedness caused Nelson to grasp his head, and it was apparently enough to make him realize that time had passed yet again. He noticed episodes in time where reality simply shifted or escaped him even back when the doctors could help him. Nelson though nothing of it, and noticed the people in his group motioning back, and forth over Theo the old man. They hadn't gotten much time to talk about anything, but something reminded him the man used to be famous, but his memories were a mess. Completely out of the blue he snapped fully back to reality and realized what was happening, and with a confident voice he simply asked: "Maybe I could be of some help with him?".
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Katherine Truelove & Morgan Kaur
Wilmington, North Carolina // August 29th, 2018

"My feet hurt."

Katherine looks over with a small smile. The walk from her apartment to here had been long, and her feet are sore, too, the added weight of their packs doing little to alleviate the burden, but the teacher remained positive that everything would turn out okay, or, at the very least, wouldn't get any worse. They were alive, after all, and, more importantly, they were together. All things considered it was enough to justify a guarded optimism. "Next you'll be asking if we're there yet," she says jokingly.

"Are we there yet?" Morgan asks. Her voice is lighthearted in tone with a faint, almost-not-there grin.

The unconventional student-teacher pair had escaped the worse of everything by hiding in Katherine's apartment, however, they had had little in the way of supplies and had quickly emptied the little pantry, which was half-empty to begin with — Katherine had planned on heading to the grocery, for the essentials if nothing else, or junk food, snacks and ramen, but the developing situation had kept her home. Between Katherine and Morgan the food had gone faster than anticipated. Upon hearing of a potential military evac-zone at Eugene-Ashley High School, and wanting to avoid the unpleasantness of starvation, the two had set out, but Katherine's Honda could only go so far before hitting a dead-end. They had no choice but to walk, and were lucky enough to meet like-minded survivors heading in the same direction.

Edward Miller, a deputy sheriff, is the de-facto leader of the small group. Madeline Hess is second-in-command if only for her training and the rifle she carries, which is nearly as long as she is tall. The woman comes across as only caring for herself, but who could blame her, the dead are quite literally eating people, but Officer Miller appears to be genuinely concerned with getting them all to safety. Following them are three others: Mordimer Krankheit (a city worker), the handicapped Ronald Perry (an accountant), and Rosa Carballo (a teacher). Katherine and Morgan stick to the rear being the new additions.

Eugene-Ashley High School is just up ahead, behind a chain-link fence that has been torn down in places.

"I don't see anybody," Morgan mutters as they pass through a breach in the fence.

Neither does Katherine. "Maybe they're inside?"

Suddenly, as if on cue, the uneasy stillness is shattered by gunfire from somewhere inside the building. Someone is alive, but the noise carries and attracts the things lurking on nearby streets. A dinner bell that is answered by hungry moans and shambling feet. The infected are already behind them. More were already on the field ahead.

Madeline is the first to run, sprinting towards the school's main entrance without so much as a moment's hesitation. Officer Miller swears under his breath and follows, urging the others along and using his baton to club any infected that come too close. They're all running now, a panicked flight across the grassy field towards the high school, which may or may not have been safe. Not that they have much choice or even the time to deliberate. The infected are close to surrounding them. Too many, and the numbers are growing by the second.

"Come on! It's safe in here!" shouts Madeline, having already entered the school.

Ronald is the next inside — surprising, considering his prosthetic leg — and is followed closely by Mordimer and Rosa. Morgan is pushed ahead by Katherine with Officer Miller being the last. Seconds after the first of the infected in throwing itself against the door, banging angrily with open palms, its broken and bloodied face pressed up against the glass. More soon join it. An unsightly crowd clamoring for entrance. It's hard to count, to give an exact number, but "dozens" is a close approximation.

The survivors have no means of locking the doors, but the infected are simple-minded, driven by the most base of feral instincts, and their weight against the doors — "pull" not "push" — keeps them locked on the outside.

The glass, however, won't last for long.

"They're gonna break through," Katherine says, her voice low as she joins the others inside the empty lobby, her eyes glued to the things just outside. "We need to block the doors. Desks or something. Anything."

"The office might have a desk. A big one," Morgan suggests, standing close to Katherine with eyes watching the infected, too.

Student "desks" could work, maybe, but something with more weight would be preferred. Katherine looks to Officer Miller and Mordimer. "Let's go look. Madeline, think you and Ronald can watch the door? Since you two have guns. Just in case."
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:49 pm

Madeline Hess
'Evacuation' Zone

Things weren't going well. But they weren't going awful just yet either. As far as I could tell, everyone had made it inside and the doors had been closed behind them. Unfortunately there were ghouls hot on their heels. A close shave, to be sure. The doors would hold a single ghoul, hell, it would even hold a small crowd of them if need be! But the sheer number of bodies pressing against it would cause it to simply be pushed aside, already the hinges were straining to hold back the tide of flesh.

My mind was racing, even as the last of our group entered the safe haven, I was thinking of ways to bolt, leave these people to their fate in this horrible place. I was thinking about mom, about dad, about what had possessed me to follow these people here. A hurricane of regret and dread were at war in my mind, and I could barely think straight. I couldnt let the whirlwind of conflicting emotions show on my face, not in the middle of this crisis. This was something I could handle, albeit barely.

"We need to block the doors. Desks or something. Anything." I found myself disagreeing with Katherine. We didnt need to fort up in this hell of a school. We needed to get as much distance between us and the ghouls as possible so when they did break the door down they would properly fuck off like they had the first time the school had been overrun.

Of course, I was probably the only person in the group that could make that strategy work... being the smallest and least likely to make a racket moving around. So instead of fighting against the older woman, I bit my lip and merely nodded sharply. While the others went in search of barricade material, I spoke over my shoulder to Ronald, the group gimp. "Stand parallel with me," my tone coming out a lot more harsh than I intended, "I dont need to get shot in the back when you panic." All told, I felt I was being a little unfair to the man. He hadnt done anything to me to warrant my attitude, but he was there, and an easy target. Unfortunately for him, I had every intention of bolting at the first sign of a breach in our impromptu perimeter.

It wasnt personal, just the simple fact that he was a whole lot slower than I was. And if it came down to it, I wasnt ready to die for anyone, especially not a gimp Id just met. So for his sake, I prayed the others found something to bulwark the doors with, and marked the different exits in the room for future reference all while keeping my rifle at the low ready.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:35 am

Abraham Oconostota Sanchez
Wilmington, North Carolina
August 29, 2018

And to think, only a little more than two weeks ago I had my first legal drink. Now the dead are living, rotting creatures. Sure, it's a change no one asked for, or really, ever would have hoped to of happened, but it was life now. In all the chaos, the "Rotters" as Abe has started to call them, bring a strange type of analytical and scientific peace to him. So far Abe had only deduced that there was definitely some kind of damage to the hypothalamus. Increased hunger and increased aggression, there was no question about it. Which leaves the strange question of whether or not they have an increased sex drive? Now that would be a damn good research paper.

But regardless of Abe's strange focus on the sex lives of the dead, his overwelling focus was on staying alive. And as much of an inconvenience that it can be, Abe still knew it was much easier to survive in a group than by his lonesome. Luckily for him, this ragtag group made up of random strangers seemed to have an above average number of people he could seem to enjoy being around one day.

First was Caitlin, the tall woman a few years older than Abe. She seemed friendly, seemed like she wanted to help people. It made sense that she had seemingly become the de facto leader of the group.
Next was Kenneth, the older actor who had clearly not dressed for the apocalypse. But otherwise, he seemed to be a fun loving, high energy old man.
The oldest in the group, Theo, well if Abe chose one word to describe him it would be sophisticated.
Then there was Benjamin, the medic of the group, here's to hoping a real doctor shows up at some point.
And Nelson too, who, well, Abe doesn't know what's up with him, but at the very least he could be a fun case study on whatever the hell is wrong with him.
And finally the youngest of the group, the twinkish Jiro. Why is that they only trait Abe has pinned down yet? Well Jiro seems to have been avoiding Abe for the few short days they have known each other. And if Abe has any guess, it probably has to do with the fact that no straight man would look at Abe the way Jiro did he was changing this shirt this morning.
All in all, the majority of the groups seemed to be interesting at the very least. So, for the time being, they would be fine companions. But still, if one of them died, Abe wouldn't be all that upset at this point.

When the group got the message that the military was evacuating citizens, Abe was the most skeptical. What's to say some random psychos didn't get their hands on a radio and felt like killing some people in a school? Or worst, what if it really was the military but their plan isn't an evacuation, but an extermination? While he voiced his concerns the group still decided to head to the school, as it really was the only hope of getting out of here.

The sight of the Military Humvee rammed into the high school would certainly have helped the case that the military was here and that they were evacuating people, but of course, the building itself seemed to be dead, devoid of life in all aspects, a possible sign the military is now spilling blood indiscriminately.

"You guys still sure about this?" Abe asked in a loud whisper while looking at the window above the Humvee. Before anyone could respond a rapid fire of gunshots could be heard from inside the school. Abe instantly turned around, "Nope, there is no way in hell--" only to be cut of by himself as he looked at the massive heard that was now coming right for them like a car barrelling down a hill about to hit a dear.

"Ok... fuck that!", he said as he turned around to head into the school. Seeing Kenneth and Ben with their guns out at the base of the vehicle, Abe simply just went to one of the sides and climbed up to the roof and reached his hand out to Theo to help lift him up, figuring it would be easier for himself to help Theo up than for Caitlin to climb out of the window.

"Whenever your ready." He said while thinking, "Yes, I'm perfectly sure the old man wants help from the man who's greatest achievement is helping people die.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm

August 29, 2018
Wilmington, NC

Glancing at Theo and nodding hesitantly at him, Jiro slowly followed him to the humvee below the window, helping the old man lean against the side of the humvee, before taking his walking cane and tossing it up to Abraham, the bearded guy who had climbed up to the top and so kindly offered to help.

"Alright, slowly now. Yep, that's right, shift your legs up, yes that's good... Ok, now slowly onto the " Jiro turned to look at Nelson and Caitlin and beckoned to them to come over. "You ready, Mr Theo?"

"At this rate", Theo half-jokingly said, "I may as well become an Olympic pole vaulter."

"Nice", Jiro replied, with a cheeky grin that soon dissipated when he glanced briefly into the distance and saw (remembered, rather) just how many ghouls were rapidly approaching. "Alright, we're gonna try and push you up from the bottom, and Abe's gonna pull you up. Can you reach him?"

Theo stretched his arms out and grabbed Abe's hands. "No problem."

"Alright, and now..." He turned to look at Nelson and Caitlin. "Could one of you come over? We'll grab the bottom of his feet and then... you know... push him up, while Abe's pulling."

"Here's to hoping I don't become the long arm monster", said Theo, nodding hesitantly but affirmatively at Abe.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:18 am

Now inside it looked like the group was inside. Mordimer looked out the front doors.

The Risers were coming closer. Mordimer swiveled looking about the lobby. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. 5.. 6.. and me, that’s everyone”. He mentioned quietly. A crash pounded on the front glass. “We need to block the doors. Desks, or chairs or anything”. Katherine stated.

Lights poured down from the roof, as though like streetlights in the night. One of them seemed to flicker. Mordimer eyes looked briefly at the “In case of Fire, pull” sign on the red fire alarm. It probably would have been useful before now, but he was hoping it would not be pulled now as the sound would likely draw more in. The idea of the sprinklers was interesting though. Maybe the walkers would slip and make it more difficult to reach them, although they’d probably need to find out how to get them going to do that. Maybe the furnace room, or the office.

“The office might have a desk, a big one”. Turning to Morgan, she seemed to be starting to look more at him and the Officer. He considered what might be heavy enough to block the door. She had already mentioned student and office desks. He considered going to the library instead to pickup one of the bookshelves. Although there was the risk that they’d be too big, but that risk was also present with the big office desks as well. He started to take steps to go down the hall, while still looking at them. “What do you think of Library bookshelves? They might be easier to move, and get through a doorframe then a desk.”

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 am

Ronald had then walked in and the doors had shut. It seemed like everyone got in safely, but him and the others were still not safe yet.

Katherine suggested barricading the area around the door. After that, Morgan suggested getting a desk from the office. He wanted to begin rushing to help the others get stuff to block the door, even though he couldn’t really carry that much.

Madeline then came over not long after we had started to barricade, Madeline walked over. “Stand parallel with me, I don’t wanna get shot in the back when you panic.” Madeline said, in a somewhat harsh tone that irritated Ronald a bit, but he kept calm as he didn’t wanna start conflict in a dire situation like this. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll follow.”

Ronald felt somewhat angry about what Madeline said. He knew how to shoot a gun and was a damn good aim himself. Why did she make an assumption on how he shot? However, this wasn’t his real priority right now. He looked around and saw a bench around the corner in the area. “I’m gonna go and get that bench.” Ronald said as he approached the bench, trying to stay as parallel to Madeline as he could. He began pushing the bench toward the door in an attempt to barricade it, slightly limping while doing it.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:30 pm

Abraham Oconostota Sanchez

"Don't worry, you're going to be fine," Abe said as he started to lift up Theo was Nelson, Jiro, Kenneth, and Benjamin helped from the bottom. Looking down at Theo has he started to lift, he would quickly move his head looking out to the sea of rotters quickly surrounding them like a wave that comes crashing back down at a rock thrown into a puddle. There was maybe 25 feet at most between the Humvee and the rotters and they were coming in fast, with more in the distance, it would be lucky if all of them make it up here at this point.

Without warning he suddenly lifted up Theo with a force and speed that was much for preferable for survival than an old man's arms, elbows, and armpits, "I suggest the rest of you get up here if you want to be alive in a minute," He yelled out as he helped Theo get to his feet and giving him his cane, all the while standing next to him. Even with the cane, Abe doubted that Theo could balance himself once the rotters get to the Humvee and start shaking it.

Looking over to the window, "Thank god this window is a lot closer to the ground that it looked like on the ground." Abe said as he walking into the school from the open window, stepping over the little bit of a brick wall that was a little bit more than a foot tall from the perspective of the top of the Humvee.

Once he was inside, he spoke to Theo, "Sorry about yanking you up there, just saw how many of them there are and panicked a little bit. No hard feelings?" Abe, of course, didn't really care how the old man would answer, he was alive after all, and if anything now the rest of them that are still on the ground have a better chance of living.

Taking his Glock 22 out of its holster, he turned off the safety and held it low as he started to walk around the corridor, trying to figure out where whoever was firing those guns are at and then getting a vantage point where he could see what was happening without directly having to deal with it, namely getting shot at.
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 am

August 29, 2018
Wilmington, NC

"Caitlin, please help me. We need to get Mr Theo into that window quickly. He can’t climb up on his own." Oh, fuck. In her haste to get up onto the Humvee, inside of the building, and as far away from the shambling horde as she could possibly get in this moment, she'd forgotten that there was someone who would definitely struggle more with getting up than her - the old man. She winced slightly, frustrated, before turning around, quickly surveying the situation as it was. She furrowed her brows. She certainly wasn't strong enough to help the poor man up on the Humvee - she already struggled with removing the lids off of bottles frequently enough!

Her eyes shot for the approaching undead, before she quickly looked away again, back towards the old man and his far younger friend. She nodded in approval as two volunteers had already presented themselves as to being up to the task. "Get him up there and get in here, quick!" Giving the shamblers another frightful look, she gave another nod, mostly to herself. "- if one of you can help yank him up as well? I think I'm more likely to cause us all to fall off of that thing than anything else if I'm to try my hand at it."

Placing one foot back on the Humvee, she half-stepped out of the window, pistol raised as she mustered her fears as best as she could, aiming for the group that was coming ever-closer. "-I'll try to hold them off if any come too close." Of course, judging by her rather heavy breathing and not-so-steady hands, her actual ability to do so was somewhat dubious, but she tried her best, regardless. With Abe helping yank the man up on the Humvee, however, she quickly stepped back inside of the school through the opened window, making room for the others to pass on through inside in kind. Lowering her pistol, she glanced around. "Let's see if we can find anything then, hm?" She half-remarked, half-asked, confidence seeping back into her voice now that she didn't have to look at the procession of dead people moving in her general direction. "Everyone here?"
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Helowi wrote:He looked around and saw a bench around the corner in the area. “I’m gonna go and get that bench.” Ronald said as he approached the bench, trying to stay as parallel to Madeline as he could. He began pushing the bench toward the door in an attempt to barricade it, slightly limping while doing it.

Mordimer turned his eyes off of Morgan and towards Ronald. "I'm gonna go and get that bench" Mordimer heard Ronald state. Mordimer looked at the bench. It looked like it could slow down the risers. He looked up at the Zombies banging at the front doors, the glass looked like it could hold, but the noise from the banging looked like it was attracting more zombies. The gunfire from earlier was probably helping as well with attracting the zombies. "Let me help with that, please". He put the briefcase down and started pushing the other side of the bench towards the door. When it was in position he picked up the briefcase and looked at Miller. "Do you have any suggestions".

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:19 am

August 29, 2018
Wilmington, NC

"Ready? Go!!"

"Ah, dubbelsmörgås!"

The sudden pushing and pulling came as a shock to Theo, but thankfully for him, the distance between the top of the humvee and the bottom of the windowsill was rather small, and save for a slight jerk to his shoulders, the sort that would leave a dull ache for the next hour or so, Theo managed to get up relatively unscathed.

With Theo in safely, Jiro proceeded to go up himself, tossing both his yellow Kånken and Theo's brown leather Bulgari up through the window, before himself leaping up deftly, grabbing the windowsill and pulling himself up with a few strategic kicks against the surface of the wall. Once up, he quickly gathered his wits, lying on the floor for a second, and then clambered to his feet.

"That wasn't quite as bad as I expected", said Theo, as he slowly worked to balance himself on his cane again, rubbing his slightly sore wrists and looking around at the others who had come through the window. "I just hope I don't feel anything else later..."

Looking around, the only people Theo and Jiro saw inside the building were the others who had come with them; Caitlin, Abe, and the whole lot of them. Whoever it was who had fired the bullets just now didn't seem keen on making themselves seen to the ones who had come through the window, at least not for the moment. Whatever had been going on inside... it was rather difficult to say, and neither of the two were in any mood to speculate.

For now, it was just making sure everybody was alright. Aside from a pair of sore shoulders and wrists from the pulling, Theo was fine; as for Jiro, he'd emerged practically unscathed, save for mild abrasions on his palms.

Everybody else, to their relief, looked alright. But the inside of the building...

"I really don't like the feel of this place", Theo said to Jiro in a hushed voice. "It gives me the creeps."

Jiro gulped.

"It's like there's something waiting in there... like a dragon trying to bait the unwary traveller", Theo continued, leaning his weight heavily on his walking cane.

"Better than what's outside for sure", the boy replied.

"For sure. I'd much rather be incinerated by a dragon than torn to bits by a reanimated corpse."

Experiencing a sudden, brief dizzy spell, Jiro rolled up his sleeves and sat down on the ground to collect his wits. His eyes darted about, first into the deeper part of the building, and then to the others in the group (especially Abe's forearms), then back to his own palms, the slight abrasions of which he was rubbing.

"I'm just wondering if there's a gramophone anywhere in here", Theo said, muttering to himself rather than to anyone in particular, as he very gingerly bent down to pick up his Bulgari briefcase. "Not likely, I guess, but those things are a treasure trove..."

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:39 pm

Pvt. Alexandra McMillian
2nd Marines, Fox Company
Seveenteen Days After Intial Outbreak
Wilimington, North Carolina - Eugene Ashley High School, Room 205.

The report of gunfire rattled Alexandra awake. Her tired eyes expanding with immediate panic, surprised by the abrupt and loud startling noise. Struggling to her feet as she sought to prepare against the unknown threat, forcing herself upwards from the cold concrete wall she had just been slumbering against. Seizing hold of her M4 carbine from beside her, she clutched it closely as she directed her vision down the weapon’s sight, directing the muzzle upwards toward the sole access point into the room, the individual wooden classroom door. Alexandra remaining deadly silent as she locked eyes with it, not daring to move as she tried to pinpoint the source of semi automatic reports that disturbed the silence, reverberating violently through the halls. The gunfire continued, several shots hammered out one after the other before coming to an unexpected end.

Whoever was firing, they were struggling to take something out at a tight range. But it wasn‘t close. At least not in the immediate sense. It was coming from somewhere much deeper in the building. No doubt from some other soul left behind who was now having a chance encounter with the infected.

A slight thought of relief touched her. She herself wasn‘t in a direct danger. Alexandra slid back down the wall she’d risen from, the rifle resting in her lap as she sank back into her own gloomy thoughts. Mentally scolding herself for the position she‘d got herself into, for missing the last airlift out, ending up stuck alone in the high school, and falling asleep in the classroom. She had been awake for twenty something hours and kept functioning by the pure force of caffeine and fear, only one of which had worn off. The other only intensified because she had no contingency, no plan of action, having in effect, nowhere to go.

They cut the security of Fort Bragg and the homely warmth of Virginia off in one swift strike, the bridges torn down by a liberal supply of plastic explosives. The destruction of the passageway left only the hazardous journey north through both the city and a couple hundred thousand infected. A hopeless task. Something she unquestionably couldn‘t do with a battalion, nevermind by herself. But what did that leave? Head south and try to commandeer a boat that had perhaps already been taken? Or try to find somewhere safe to hold up? Or maybe just stay in the high school hoping that another helicopter showed up by some miracle? Could she wait? Time was running out. She couldn't stay hiding in the classroom forever.

The further she spent frozen in terror, the likelihood of those mentioned windows of opportunity closing became an inevitability. Whatever the desperate option she pursued, Alexandra realized it’d be a much stronger solution to do with another person watching her back. She needed her squad mates, they would have known what to do. But they were gone, either dead some place or lost. Maybe if she had stayed behind and fought at that clusterfuck of a blockade things might have been different, the momentary thought exiting her brain as fast as it entered when she distinctly recalled just how many Geeks beared down from all directions when they started shooting. She was lucky enough to make it off the street, she just hoped she wasn’t the only one. For now however, Alexandra would feel safer with just about anyone watching her back. She didn't want to wait any longer, electing to do a sweep of the building. Gunfire ment someone was alive. Maybe they could help, assuming that they could be trusted, or that the Geeks hadn‘t got to them first.

But suddenly something louder than the moans and snarls of the infected that lingered on the perimeter became progressively more evident, placing a halt to that plan. Several voices, some in a frenzy, could be heard from outside of the building. Alexandra froze still again as she took notice, not making a sound of her own as she worked to figure out what was going on. It gradually grew closer, louder and more desperate, the speech was quickly accompanied by aggravated snarls, and later clanking and clattering as a hollow metallic object was placed under pressure. It didn‘t take her long to guess out that it was someone was using the crashed humvee outside as an access point to the higher and more second floor.

The same one she had used four hours ago.

Popping back into action, the marine ascended to her feet for what would be the final time, rifle in hand as she drew up a mental plan to head into the corridor to greet the unknown visitors. They were most likely human, unless the meat sacks had developed the capability to use advanced motor skills. But that didn‘t mean they were friendly. Alexandra prepared herself in haste regardless, putting on her armoured gloves and dragging the black rubber M40 gas mask over her face, tightening the straps to ensure that it wasn‘t loose before putting her ECH helmet over her head. Transference of infected fluid meant certain death, and she wasn‘t going to take a chance, even if it meant making things more claustrophobic with the gas mask the time being.

She approached the door deliberately, opening it slightly, leaving it ajar just enough to hear before stacking up against the wall. Alexandra listening attentively for change. A sense of nervousness, anxiety and fear ran rife as she picked up what sounded like three to four people speaking and moving, their footsteps and low voices resounded through the desolate and silent corridor. They didn't sound hostile atleast, although she had no clue what their intentions where. People would not be thrilled to see the military after they found out that they'd left them behind and for what they’d done. She didn‘t want to take the chance and she wasn‘t going to. Her hands trembled lightly as she took out the bayonet from its protective sheath. Mounting the sharpened blade onto the rifles lug, locking it tight. She couldn‘t imagine herself sticking an innocent civilian but didn‘t needed more infected barrelling down on her position, and she certainly didn‘t want to die here.

Alexandra taking a long deep breath, steadying her shaky grip as she took a second to calm herself, before violently throwing open the wooden door. The fatigue, armour and gasmask clad marine stepping out from the relative safety of the room and into the unknown corridor in one singular flash of motion, the combat drills and training quickly kicking in. Her rifle aimed upwards, directed towards the location of the voices, which was in her mind the threats. Catching sight of a motley crew of people standing at just twenty feet away from her. A couple of young men, some armed with firearms, some not; An older gentleman with a younger Asian teenager, and a woman in her mid-twenties leading the pack, equipped with a handgun.

Alexandra stood deathly still, suspended in uncertainty for a simple second as awkwardly struggled to hold in the scene in her mind. Vastly outnumbered and unsure of their intentions, her eyes nervously darting between each person as she scanned for any hasty movements. Her rifle remained firmly directed at the closest threat to her, the twenty something woman.

“Put your weapons on the floor slowly.” Alexandra piped up to the group, seeking to sound as authoritative as possible, but a tinge of fear trickled through into her voice. ”I’m not going to hurt you, just do it." She said, the statement looking like a juxtaposition as she began to telegrath something different. The marine shifting herself deliberately into a stronger position, one that would give stronger cover if things went hot, all whilst never lifting her anxious gaze off the group. “Are any of you bitten?” She inquired warily. Carefully scanning anyone for injuries.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Charles P. Murray Middle School, Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America

Miller had covered the crew as they bolted to the door, clubbing deads as they ran in. He was the last one in, and had managed to avoid getting grabbed or anything, so he considered it a good move. He quickly scanned over the rest of them, nobody seemed injured or scratched or anything, but he'd have to double check once they'd finished up here. The others started pulling things to the doors to block them off. The deads were already banging on the door and windows, they had to ask fast. A balding man in his 40's they'd picked up said he was gonna pull a bench over to help block it. The oddly named man Krankheit suggested pulling bookshelves from the library to help block the doors.

"Bad idea, we'd have to haul them all the way out here after we find them and we don't have time for that." He replied to his idea, before continuing. "Just pull as many god damn desks on over here as you can, just make it as dense as possible."

He quickly opened a classroom door the hallway connected to, gave it a brief search for deads, it was fortunately clear. He grabbed a school desk with both his hands, kinda heavy, but easy enough for anyone to pick up and rushed to the door. Miller shoved it down to block the entryway and started to run back for more. "Let's get these desks set up guys!"
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Torchina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Torchina » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Luca Ionescu
Charles P. Murray Middle School

Luca wanted to throw up, nausea rose from the very depths of his core and spread through the back of his throat and mouth. The young Romanian had reached the middle school not two hours earlier, and found the building functionally deserted. He'd been lucky enough to get as far as he had without ever being in any real danger, the few close encounters he'd had with the shambling corpses that now prowled the streets of Wilmington had ended with him merely running as far as his legs would take him. His baseball bat, the one item he had to protect himself, remained relatively untouched and unbloodied. By all accounts, Luca was very very lucky, but it seemed that luck had run out. He'd missed evacuation, and now found himself locked in the disabled bathroom by the entrance of the middle school, dejectedly sat on the floor with his rucksack and bat thrown carelessly to the left of him. If he'd been a more religious man, he would've prayed, but for the past hour and a half on his lonesome all the man had done was sit and smoke. He'd already run through five of his cigarettes, a sixth lit and in his mouth, as the room filled with smoke and haze. The stimulant of the nicotine the only thing keeping him from emptying his guts into the broken sink. Surely the military or national guard would come back? Or maybe more survivors, he just had to stay put until then to be safe was his thought process. 24 hours he'd given himself to stay locked up in the bathroom until he'd call the entire project abandoned and he'd go off to the next alleged safe zone. He was tired, and he was hungry.

That was until he heard the footsteps and shouting, people had come at last. The man who had been an exchange student sprung into action almost all at once, quickly shooting to his feet and having one last draw of his cigarette, letting the cancerous gas fill his lungs before dropping the still burning butt onto the ground. Luca flung his pack over his shoulder and lent down to grab his baseball bat. He counted to three, to be sure he was still hearing people before opening the bathroom door. Listening out to where the sound was coming from, Luca was quick to pinpoint it, the front entrance. It would make sense after all. Luca wanted to be careful as he moved to the sound, although he was clearly in sight from the moment he stepped into the hallway.

It took him a while to adjust to the scene before him, a motley group of people were in the process of barricading the door from an untold amount of the vampir who seemed relentless in their push forward. Luca froze as he now found himself in the middle of untold chaos that he had no intention of joining when he'd gone to make himself known. The national guard, these were not.

"La dracu..." He muttered under his breath before speaking louder in accented English, "Who are you? What is going on?"
For the Queen, the Law, and the People

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse