NATION

PASSWORD

Ex-Nihilo: Deity/God Roleplay (OOC/mechanics)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Should we have a lore thread to keep all our expanding lore into one place, or maybe even a google doc?

Yokotari
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokotari » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:
Afra Radna-viane wrote:Not at the moment. Most of what they have is a result of the mixing. Others can add a few weaknesses but try not to weaken them too much. Also Aug don't forget they are made with humans and do have some reverence for the lazy god, maybe just a bit less after he attacked their creator.

Also "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I am doing way too many miniposts. I need a proper IC post, even if it is a colab."

"Miniposts" are way better because it does clutter the entire thread with 16 paragraphs
of unneeded bullshittery.

looking at you, a-e-i-o-u

-Laughs nervously while glancing at 15 Paragraph post-

The Empire of Tau wrote:Should we have a lore thread to keep all our expanding lore into one place, or maybe even a google doc?

I've seen this done in other threads and it can work marvelously, at least for as long as it remains updated. I say we make a Lore thread.
Last edited by Yokotari on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Yokotari is a Alternate Nation of the person who rules over The Frozen Forest, it is purposely mean to not represent my personal views, and is meant to mimic a Japanese Empire-esque state. I have no intention of letting it fade away and i intend to develop it. If you want to interact with it shoot me a telegram either through this nation or The Frozen Forest.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Yokotari wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:"Miniposts" are way better because it does clutter the entire thread with 16 paragraphs

GET.THE.FRICCCCCCCCC.OUT.
Eat ass, smoke grass, sled fast.
I'm not a Gnoblin, I'm not a Gnelf; I'm a Gnome, and you've been
GNOMED!

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Biome map early draft. key to be done later, but you might be able to guess what is what

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm

[region-tag][/region-tag]
Formerland wrote:(Image)
Biome map early draft. key to be done later, but you might be able to guess what is what

I think you just made a smaller version of earth.
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Yokotari wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:"Miniposts" are way better because it does clutter the entire thread with 16 paragraphs

The Empire of Tau wrote:Should we have a lore thread to keep all our expanding lore into one place, or maybe even a google doc?

I've seen this done in other threads and it can work marvelously, at least for as long as it remains updated. I say we make a Lore thread.

Your writing is utterly abysmal and I have lost any interest beyond the second paragraph. Shorten down to 6, and maybe spice up your writing with a bit of flair.
GNOMED!

Dreshand
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreshand » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Yes pls, then i can just make a minipost on the magic im making and put all the details in docs
This nation does not represent my views. Or maybe it does, who knows
PT, MT, PMT or FT nation depending on my mood. Expect eldritch shenanigans
Feel free to Tg me, I'm a very lonely person
There is no context where Hail Yuno is not relevant
Newsfeed: PSA: Stay indoors children//Land Reclamation Initiative Nonexistent as of today//A Thousand Cities will be judged//Weather: Sunny, dont give in//Law and Order: Lucien Folter: Killer or Victim?//

Afra Radna-viane
Attaché

Founded: Sep 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Afra Radna-viane » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:37 pm

I come from a very different school of RP, one where long posts are expected. It is still very much an instinct for me to want do that because it fits better in novel writing. I probably will get my grove back soon, then the longer IC posts will flow.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Ambassador: Princess Aulmerridia Nyxistis Unduantiel

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:[region-tag][/region-tag]
Formerland wrote:(Image)

I think you just made a smaller version of earth.

technically it's normal sizes because i took a normal robinson map of earth and deleted all the earth bits before putting my stuff on. you can still see some of the islands i forgot to delete. This however gives me a good idea, i can give you the map of earth i used for scale.

Yokotari
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokotari » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:
Yokotari wrote:-Laughs nervously while glancing at 15 Paragraph post-

Your writing is utterly abysmal and I have lost any interest beyond the second paragraph. Shorten down to 6, and maybe spice up your writing with a bit of flair.

Bah, i'll do you one better. I made a TLDR for you Augustus. Its at the bottom of the paragraphs. 15 Paragraphs shortened to one line :p
The Empire of Yokotari is a Alternate Nation of the person who rules over The Frozen Forest, it is purposely mean to not represent my personal views, and is meant to mimic a Japanese Empire-esque state. I have no intention of letting it fade away and i intend to develop it. If you want to interact with it shoot me a telegram either through this nation or The Frozen Forest.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Yokotari wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:Your writing is utterly abysmal and I have lost any interest beyond the second paragraph. Shorten down to 6, and maybe spice up your writing with a bit of flair.

Bah, i'll do you one better. I made a TLDR for you Augustus. Its at the bottom of the paragraphs. 15 Paragraphs shortened to one line :p

Ik, but I really would have enjoyed reading your well built world building, if it didn't sound like a BBC documentary without any of the murder or funny accents.
GNOMED!

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:42 pm

Here is the map of earth to use as scale, it's too high res to post here as a full image.
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/attachments/blank-q-bam-png.394250/

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 pm

It also seems the image service I have used has compressed the map a fair bit, if there is anything confusing about the islands I can explain it or get a cropped version.

Ah-eh-ioh-uh
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ah-eh-ioh-uh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Not everyone is okay with one liners for their posts and that's okay.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:49 pm

Formerland wrote:It also seems the image service I have used has compressed the map a fair bit, if there is anything confusing about the islands I can explain it or get a cropped version.

I just want a world that isn't an earth copycat.

There's a bunch of videos on literal world building, you should check them out.
GNOMED!

Yokotari
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokotari » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:
Yokotari wrote:Bah, i'll do you one better. I made a TLDR for you Augustus. Its at the bottom of the paragraphs. 15 Paragraphs shortened to one line :p

Ik, but I really would have enjoyed reading your well built world building, if it didn't sound like a BBC documentary without any of the murder or funny accents.

I love BBC Documentaries precisely because of the funny accents and murder, me and my girlfriend like to make fun of the narrators. I get where your coming from completely! I'll still probably keep my normal post long and boring, but for my next posts i'll include two paragraphs and i'll try to "add some flare" in the TLDR.

Afra Radna-viane wrote:

I come from a very different school of RP, one where long posts are expected. It is still very much an instinct for me to want do that because it fits better in novel writing. I probably will get my grove back soon, then the longer IC posts will flow.

I remember when i first started on NS i Loathed! any posts that were longer than three paragraphs. They felt tedious to read and i enjoyed the short and quick stuff. For my first year thats the kind of posting i did and responded best too, it was just lots of fun. I guess i fell into your camp eventually, after a bunch of arguments over the length of my posting. Now i can't write only a paragraph or it feels like i'm killing a newborn puppy, its ingrained in my head to write a ton. I guess i've built an instinct much like you have, we are in the same boat.

I think short writing and long writing are both okay, i can't berate someone for short posting when i used to be that way myself.
Last edited by Yokotari on Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:
Formerland wrote:It also seems the image service I have used has compressed the map a fair bit, if there is anything confusing about the islands I can explain it or get a cropped version.

I just want a world that isn't an earth copycat.

It shouldn't look much like earth, and i am well aware of how to design a map. this was made by laying out random tectonic plates, with certain locations being prescripted ( requested by players). Any similarities to earth, besides the fact it's a rocky planet with a good deal of ocean, is entirely happenstance.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Yokotari wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:Ik, but I really would have enjoyed reading your well built world building, if it didn't sound like a BBC documentary without any of the murder or funny accents.

I love BBC Documentaries precisely because of the funny accents and murder, me and my girlfriend like to make fun of the narrators. I get where your coming from completely! I'll still probably keep my normal post long and boring, but for my next posts i'll include two paragraphs and i'll try to "add some flare" in the TLDR.

Afra Radna-viane wrote:I come from a very different school of RP, one where long posts are expected. It is still very much an instinct for me to want do that because it fits better in novel writing. I probably will get my grove back soon, then the longer IC posts will flow.

I remember when i first started on NS i Loathed! any posts that were longer than three paragraphs. They felt tedious to read and i enjoyed the short and quick stuff. For my first year thats the kind of posting i did and responded best too, it was just lots of fun. I guess i fell into your camp eventually, after a bunch of arguments over the length of my posting. Now i can't write only a paragraph or it feels like i'm killing a newborn puppy, its ingrained in my head to write a ton. I guess i've built an instinct much like you have, we are in the same boat.

I think short writing and long writing are both okay, i can't berate someone for short posting when i used to be that way myself.

I help a friend of mine, here on nationstates to boot, write novels, think she puts them one one of those fanfic.net offshoots, our place of some shit. Any who, I've learned from readers opinions, and my own, that the more condensed a story is, while still not sacrificing its plot, the better it's received. I do understand school of though that "Bigger is Better and cooler and silmarillion did it so it must be right!" Is a very large and preferable side of things for a great number of people.

The irony is this is one the rare times I make a full paragraph.
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Formerland wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:I just want a world that isn't an earth copycat.

It shouldn't look much like earth, and i am well aware of how to design a map. this was made by laying out random tectonic plates, with certain locations being prescripted ( requested by players). Any similarities to earth, besides the fact it's a rocky planet with a good deal of ocean, is entirely happenstance.

Do me a favor and add some stuff that would give us a unique flair, since we didn't get into the specifics of the planet, just that it was "earth-like" and survivable for humans. Add a giant living mushroom forest or some crazy shit like that.
GNOMED!

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Augustus Legions wrote:
Formerland wrote:It shouldn't look much like earth, and i am well aware of how to design a map. this was made by laying out random tectonic plates, with certain locations being prescripted ( requested by players). Any similarities to earth, besides the fact it's a rocky planet with a good deal of ocean, is entirely happenstance.

Do me a favor and add some stuff that would give us a unique flair, since we didn't get into the specifics of the planet, just that it was "earth-like" and survivable for humans. Add a giant living mushroom forest or some crazy shit like that.

Well it will have a fairy forest ( i believe someone requested that), and any number of things could have been created by players, but they elected to not. Anamara will also have her blightlands.

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:02 pm

Formerland wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:Do me a favor and add some stuff that would give us a unique flair, since we didn't get into the specifics of the planet, just that it was "earth-like" and survivable for humans. Add a giant living mushroom forest or some crazy shit like that.

Well it will have a fairy forest ( i believe someone requested that), and any number of things could have been created by players, but they elected to not. Anamara will also have her blightlands.
do me a favor and add that giant mountain thing from final fantasy xv
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:06 pm

No speak ramen noodles.
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Brone Weety wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:No speak ramen noodles.

u are racist :oops:

No u
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Brone Weety wrote:y do you aphave to be racist to me u DOnt even now me

y u doth thou act like me no know u
GNOMED!

Augustus Legions
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Augustus Legions » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Brone Weety wrote:
Augustus Legions wrote:y u doth thou act like me no know u

I dont know what yo are taking about but you are racist become of what you stayed to me

u touh my christian roblox thread.
GNOMED!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse