NATION

PASSWORD

2025: Water World (AH/Science Fantasy) (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
United Anorbonum
Envoy

Founded: Aug 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

2025: Water World (AH/Science Fantasy) (OOC/Signups)

Postby United Anorbonum » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:10 pm

It all started in 2018, it appeared that mankind would enter a golden age. But unfortunately, one man came along to ruin it. His name was Xi Jinping, leader of China. On September 18th 2018, the largest explosion in recorded history occurred in the South China Sea. Later that day, Xi Jinping had announced that it had detonated a bomb equivalent to 400 megatons of tnt. (Or about 8 Tsar Bombas)

On September 20th, reports from The Maldives said that unnaturally high tides have swallowed 2 of its islands. Similar reports started coming out of the rest of the world as well. On September 21st, Philippine oceanographers discovered that a subterranean deposit of water has breached into the oceans.

On September 23th, the U.N. declared total sanctions against China. The Chinese economy collapsed within a week afterwards. The collapse of China resulted in a global financial crash just 10 years the great recession. Only being made worse since major coastal cities are being flooded.

In November of 2018, things started to get worse. By then, over 23 million have died from flooding on a global scale. Meanwhile, American spies in North Korea discovered that they were making nukes again. A few days later, every city that has survived the waves in both Japan and South Korea were destroyed. This proved to be the breaking point.

China and Pakistan launched nuclear attacks on India, ASEAN, and Australia. New Delhi being destroyed by a 400 MT nuke. Israel launched attacks on Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Jordan, And Egypt. Iran launched chemical attacks on Saudi Arabia and the UAE. All of Africa collapsed, Latin America is in chaos, religious groups start preparing for their 'Judgement Day'. While others launch terrorist attacks around the world. And all the while, the tides are still rising. Humanity seemed doomed.

But then, in March of 2021, it stopped. The oceans stopped rising. By then, 5.3 billion people have died. The world is in anarchy, the seas have risen by about 1 Kilometer. Groups of people start forming factions. But something fishy has also happened.

The radiation from the nukes, flooded nuclear plants, and flooded missile silos have leaked into the oceans, causing sea life to begin to mutate. It's even mutating birds and surviving mammals. Add to that gangs of pirates roaming the seas, and supernatural events increasing in number. The world has changed significantly.

It is now 2025, the world population is about 2.1 billion. The largest stable city on the planet is Phoenix, Arizona. (It would be Mexico City if drug cartels didn't exist) various factions exist around the world. Old social media platforms have become areas for survival information, trades, and these pirates have modern technology. What's stopping you from rising to the top?

Rules:
1: No Godmodding Or Metagaming.
2: All Posts Must Be At Least One Paragraph Long.
3: Frequent Bad Grammar Will Not Be Tolerated.
4: Be Realistic.
5: You Can Only Apply For Either A Character, Or A Faction
6: No Spamming. Or instant ban from RP.
7: Make Sure You Read The Lore Before Making An Application In Order To Avoid Confusion
8: You Can't RP As Mutants Or Supernatural Entities. Only Humans
9: 1st Violation Of A Rule Will Result In A Warning, 2nd Will Result In Me Taking Control Of Your Character For A Day, 3rd Will Be Banned From RP.

Character App:
NS Name:
Character Name:
Ethnicity:
Spoken Language(s):
Character Description (Must Be One Paragraph Long):
Character Bio (Must Also Be A Paragraph Long):

Faction App:
NS Name:
Faction Name:
Leader:
Land-Based Or Sea-Based?:
Faction History (Must Be One Paragraph Long):
Number Of Armed Members:

Mutant Species App:
NS Name:
Mutant Species Name:
Description (Must Be One Paragraph Long):
Current Habitat(s):
(You can't RP as a mutant species. So instead, you're adding to the worldbuilding)

Supernatural Entity App:
NS Name:
Supernatural Entity Name:
Description (Must Be One Paragraph Long):
Location Of Reported Sightings:
(Just like with mutants, they only add to the worldbuilding)

Characters:

Factions:
New Australis - Ausinia
New Iberia - Joushiki Nante Iranai
Northern Commonwealth - Pizen
Church Of The Drowned God - Darasthia
The New Russian Empire - Union Of Independant Republics

Mutant Species:
The Second Dolphins - Joushiki Nante Iranai
Gatorbacks - Darasthia
Mireluks - Darasthia
Tarantuvipers - Darasthia

Supernatural Entities:

IC:
Coming Soon!
Last edited by United Anorbonum on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 23 times in total.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Example:

NS Name: United Anorbonum
Character Name: James Garvin
Ethnicity: White American
Spoken Language(s): English
Current Location: Denver, Colorado
Character Description: He has black hair and blue eyes. He is very sociable and outgoing. His main source of income is through black market pirate trades.
Character Bio: James was born to a middle class family of four in Springfield Illinois on July 15th, 2001. The Great Flood began when he was 17. He managed to leave Illinois and evacuate to Colorado along with about 7.6 million other people trying to make it to the Rockies. He managed to survive the chaos that followed the rising waters.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Also to clarify, you can only sign up for one or the other.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

Why does nobody ever join my RPs?

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Don't bumpspam. One bump per 24-hour period or once the thread has fallen off the first page, whichever takes longer.

If you wish for assistance, contact a P2TM RP Mentor.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 am

Hey United Anorbonum,

I saw the advertisement and have a question. Can you give me an idea of what supernatural occurrences and fantastic elements are taking place in this setting? At the moment I'm imagining fish people (fantastic element) and the Divining of Searoutes (Supernatural element using spirits to find land in the vast ocean).

United Anorbonum wrote:Basic Information
RP Name: 2025: Water World
RP Creator/OP: United Anorbonum
-snip-
Genre/s: Alt-History, Fantasy, Supernatural
-snip-
Description:
-snip- Plus, supernatural occurrences have become more common. -snip-
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 am

Harbertia wrote:Hey United Anorbonum,

I saw the advertisement and have a question. Can you give me an idea of what supernatural occurrences and fantastic elements are taking place in this setting? At the moment I'm imagining fish people (fantastic element) and the Divining of Searoutes (Supernatural element using spirits to find land in the vast ocean).

United Anorbonum wrote:Basic Information
RP Name: 2025: Water World
RP Creator/OP: United Anorbonum
-snip-
Genre/s: Alt-History, Fantasy, Supernatural
-snip-
Description:
-snip- Plus, supernatural occurrences have become more common. -snip-

Yeah, stuff like that.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Hey United Anorbonum,

Yeah, stuff like that.

Alright, also your OP doesn't mention those elements so I recommend mentioning that the RP is supernatural and fantastic as the present OP is rather mundane. I certainly had no idea about the elements until the advertisement.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:03 am

I'm guessing players can be fish people. Any advice on filling out the 'ethnicity' section for such characters? If players can't it should be noted.
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:04 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:Yeah, stuff like that.

Alright, also your OP doesn't mention those elements so I recommend mentioning that the RP is supernatural and fantastic as the present OP is rather mundane. I certainly had no idea about the elements until the advertisement.

Just changed the title

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Alright, also your OP doesn't mention those elements so I recommend mentioning that the RP is supernatural and fantastic as the present OP is rather mundane. I certainly had no idea about the elements until the advertisement.

Just changed the title

A bit unusual but understood.

By the way... can players do something like Brink?
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:11 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:Just changed the title

A bit unusual but understood.

Like kill each other? If that's the case then yes.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:14 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:A bit unusual but understood.

Like kill each other? If that's the case then yes.

No I meant have a near future 2025 floating city. But your blunt responses are killing my enthusiasm. I personally wouldn't join this just to fight one another- seems counter productive. But since you are looking for players like that I'll just withdraw.

Edit: Like I don't find anything entertaining about text battles- there are not real mechanics to govern who is hurt and all comes down to what players are willing to suffer wound wise. It's all just a 'he says / she says' back and forth of everyone upping each other and no one actually getting hurt.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:17 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:Like kill each other? If that's the case then yes.

No I meant have a near future 2025 floating city. But your blunt responses are killing my enthusiasm. I personally wouldn't join this just to fight one another- seems counter productive. But since you are looking for players like that I'll just withdraw.

Oh you mean that? Then no. They wouldn't have the time or money to build a floating city.

Edit: I understand where you're coming from that you don't like text battles. But, you don't need to kill Everyone you see. That would be dumb.
Last edited by United Anorbonum on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:No I meant have a near future 2025 floating city. But your blunt responses are killing my enthusiasm. I personally wouldn't join this just to fight one another- seems counter productive. But since you are looking for players like that I'll just withdraw.

Oh you mean that? Then no. They wouldn't have the time or money to build a floating city.

... how about a pirate gang that has fused ships together into a floating village base of some kind? *asking for other potential players*
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:Oh you mean that? Then no. They wouldn't have the time or money to build a floating city.

... how about a pirate gang that has fused ships together into a floating village base of some kind? *asking for other potential players*

Now I can see that being a possibility. That would be much more realistic then a giant floating city.
Last edited by United Anorbonum on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:24 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:... how about a pirate gang that has fused ships together into a floating village base of some kind? *asking for other potential players*

Now I can see that being a possibility. That would be much more acceptable then a giant floating city.

hahahah Now you've got me excited again :) I don't play pirates so I don't think I'm yet ready to join but hearing such will possibly be on the IC has me interested in keeping up with the RP :) Seeing how it goes. Like I don't think I'll enjoy the conflicts but I'd still look into them hoping to see some alliances form :) HEY! If anyone does do this me and you will probably end up sending TGs back and forth talking about it! Speculating on what will happen to it and what the player does with it :D
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:Now I can see that being a possibility. That would be much more acceptable then a giant floating city.

hahahah Now you've got me excited again :) I don't play pirates so I don't think I'm yet ready to join but hearing such will possibly be on the IC has me interested in keeping up with the RP :) Seeing how it goes. Like I don't think I'll enjoy the conflicts but I'd still look into them hoping to see some alliances form :) HEY! If anyone does do this me and you will probably end up sending TGs back and forth talking about it! Speculating on what will happen to it and what the player does with it :D

I like your enthusiasm about this. The angle I was originally going for was similar to 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:hahahah Now you've got me excited again :) I don't play pirates so I don't think I'm yet ready to join but hearing such will possibly be on the IC has me interested in keeping up with the RP :) Seeing how it goes. Like I don't think I'll enjoy the conflicts but I'd still look into them hoping to see some alliances form :) HEY! If anyone does do this me and you will probably end up sending TGs back and forth talking about it! Speculating on what will happen to it and what the player does with it :D

I like your enthusiasm about this. The angle I was originally going for was similar to 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.

I wouldn't have guessed :D I'm a great fan of Zelda but the OP doesn't seem to have communicated what you where going for very well. I know my early RPs had that happen- id' get interest but those who came didn't have the same vision I did as I didn't have the best OP post. At the most my thought went to the actual Water World movie rather then a science fantasy setting. Science Fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Having a bit of Fantasy and Science Fiction which I both enjoy.
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:44 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:I like your enthusiasm about this. The angle I was originally going for was similar to 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.

I wouldn't have guessed :D I'm a great fan of Zelda but the OP doesn't seem to have communicated what you where going for very well. I know my early RPs had that happen- id' get interest but those who came didn't have the same vision I did as I didn't have the best OP post. At the most my thought went to the actual Water World movie rather then a science fantasy setting. Science Fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Having a bit of Fantasy and Science Fiction which I both enjoy.

It's nice to see someone who likes science fantasy. That was my intention for this RP. This might turn into something that alot of people would want to see. And I got more ideas that I could use to improve it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am

United Anorbonum wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I wouldn't have guessed :D I'm a great fan of Zelda but the OP doesn't seem to have communicated what you where going for very well. I know my early RPs had that happen- id' get interest but those who came didn't have the same vision I did as I didn't have the best OP post. At the most my thought went to the actual Water World movie rather then a science fantasy setting. Science Fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Having a bit of Fantasy and Science Fiction which I both enjoy.

It's nice to see someone who likes science fantasy. That was my intention for this RP. This might turn into something that alot of people would want to see. And I got more ideas that I could use to improve it.

It certainly can.

Hey, these guys may be able to help out. They where involved in the Gamma World RPs and thus are familiar with the genre.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States ; an NS Mentor who can certainly provide pointers on creating a great OP post.

Charmera; part of the Titans RP group but hasn't really been in an RP for a while. But he's still on NS and was Co-Op of some of the GW RPs- so he knows what is needed to be a success

Shadowwell; experienced player, and world builder- likely to be of some help

They helped me, and may help you :)
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:19 am

Harbertia wrote:
United Anorbonum wrote:It's nice to see someone who likes science fantasy. That was my intention for this RP. This might turn into something that alot of people would want to see. And I got more ideas that I could use to improve it.

It certainly can.

Hey, these guys may be able to help out. They where involved in the Gamma World RPs and thus are familiar with the genre.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States ; an NS Mentor who can certainly provide pointers on creating a great OP post.

Charmera; part of the Titans RP group but hasn't really been in an RP for a while. But he's still on NS and was Co-Op of some of the GW RPs- so he knows what is needed to be a success

Shadowwell; experienced player, and world builder- likely to be of some help

They helped me, and may help you :)

Thanks. If these guys can help then this would be a great RP.

Edit: This OP has basically become a constantly evolving work in progress.
Last edited by United Anorbonum on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:25 pm

NS Name: Ausinia
Faction Name: New Australis
Leader: Tina Bonoon
Land-Based Or Sea-Based?: Land
Flag (Optional):
Faction History (Must Be One Paragraph Long): With China’s economic collapse, Australia was one of the first to begin its own collapse. Being held together by threads, most of the northern coast was completely gone by the waves and flat land. Those who had the chance quickly went south. What is left of North Australia had turned to Anarchy and was being guard against by the Australis military. People now have accepted this fact of life
Number Of Armed Members: 10,000

If needed I could try to draw up a map of what the world would look like
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

United Anorbonum
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby United Anorbonum » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:40 pm

Ausinia wrote:
Flag (Optional):
Faction History (Must Be One Paragraph Long): With China’s economic collapse, Australia was one of the first to begin its own collapse. Being held together by threads, most of the northern coast was completely gone by the waves and flat land. Those who had the chance quickly went south. What is left of North Australia had turned to Anarchy and was being guard against by the Australis military. People now have accepted this fact of life

Accepted. Also, to get the map, go to https://calculatedearth.com and where it says 'view sea level at ____ m' type in 1000
Last edited by United Anorbonum on Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:47 pm

United Anorbonum wrote:
Ausinia wrote:
Flag (Optional):

Accepted. Also, to get the map, go to https://calculatedearth.com and where it says 'view sea level at ____ m' type in 1000

woah
Tomorrow is made today.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse