NATION

PASSWORD

Holy High-Worlds Beyond (Holy High Reboot-Open!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Holy High-Worlds Beyond (Holy High Reboot-Open!)

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Welcome to Holy High!

Did you really think our world is not connected to others?

What if I told you that you could see these worlds? What would you do to reach them?

What would you do if you could find angels, gods, spirits, and monsters?

What if they were all hiding out...at a high school in New Jersey?

Alrighty! So, the last Holy High I ran did not go entirely as planned. Given it was my first RP I've ever run, I had trouble keeping everyone engaged and I did not plan things to go as quickly as they should have. (Obviously not lightning speed, but I would have liked to get more plot before it died.) But I do want to try again. So here we go again, hopefully we can get lots of Apps and hit the ground running! I'll have your rules listed below, as well as the formats for Applications! Once I have about ten or so willing applicants, we'll hit the ground with our first Arc and I'll have a poll question up! I'll also need a co-OP or two who will be available often enough to help me with ideas and with running stuff!

For those of you who are new, welcome to Holy High! You can play a god, a goddess, an angel, a demon, or a spirit, at this prestigious (and mysterious) high school for the supernatural! Why does it exist? What is its purpose? What if surviving school here meant more than just making an A on your next Math test? If these sound like questions you might want to answer, come and see! We will probably start the first Arc sometime this weekend, depending on how my own schedule goes for the rest of the week...

Dah Rulez:
1.) Make sure your posts are at least one paragraph! 5 sentences minimum. You're not required to write a report, no, but we need something to work with to keep this machine rolling!
2.) I myself have 4 characters, so I won't enforce character limits because that would be hypocritical. (Unless we reach a specific limit or a new RPer is trying to add characters.)
3.) If you're going to be off NS for more than 3 days for any reason, TG me and let me know (or contact me on Discord, once I make the link.) I myself have been busy with college classes, so I will try to be available for updates and to post as much as possible.
4.) Try to avoid drama, if you have complaints about how I run the RP please come directly to me. I'll try to handle your complaints as fairly and efficiently as possible.
5.) DO NOT POST IN THE IC IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APP ACCEPTED YET.
6.) Trolling, flaming, spamming, or any other bad behavior will not be tolerated. 3 strikes and you're out. Your posts will not be read, and anything you post in IC after this point will be ignored collectively by the other members of the RP.
(Really, please don't make me do that. I'm a nice person, and I want to make this as fun as possible for everyone.)
7.) If you want to be the Cardinal God of a religion (God and Zeus are NPCs), you will have to ask for my permission. For example, if you want to be Tsukiyomi/Amaterasu, Odin, etc. you’ll have to ask. And give a good reason. Not just, “But they’re cool!” They could also serve as important opponents later for the characters, which is why I have them set aside. However, feel free to play any gods from any mythos under them.

Also, here is our App, as was written by Syrixces! (Yes, I am borrowing a lot from him.):

Code: Select all
The App

Name:

Mythos:

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear:

Mythical Origin:

Personality:

Appearance:  Pics or descriptions are fine.  Any forms necessary are fine too.  Just nothing too edge, please.

Favorite Subject:

Dislikes:

Theme Song:

Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Reserved for Character List and for Co-OPs!

Co-OPs:
OPEN FOR HIRE

OP’s PC’s:
Alright, here goes!

Name: Xavier

Mythos: Christianity

Powers and Domain: Angel who controls fire and light with his special staff, the Throne
Staff (he's a Throne, a rank of angel.) He's from Heaven, naturally, being an angel. While he's in human form, if he turns the notches on his staff to Level 8 (max level), he turns into his full-angel form...which is a huge burning red wheel with lots of eyes and wings. Also has healing powers, flight (duh), and super-strength.

Age (Teenage Years): 19

Origin: Created by God at the beginning of time, he was involved in the War in Heaven and
nearly turned against God, until the angel Raphael talked him out of it, and helped him to
fight for the right side. Has lived in the Japanese countryside for a long time, and is the guardian angel to a Japanese boy, Ichiru. Xavier has three younger siblings-Melita, Aurora, and Ivy, though Ivy turned on God and became a demon.

RP Personality: Reverent of sacred things, and also cheerful, talkative, and rather easygoing. A very likeable character who treats younger students like little siblings. Just don't make him angry by hurting someone he loves...He has a blazing (pun intended) temper.

Appearance: Image

Favorite Class: History

Least Favorite Class: Doesn't really hate any classes.

Favorite sport: Will play any sport if you invite him.

Likes: His family, his fellow Angels (siblings and Raphael, his best friend), humans, food (especially ramen), joking around, fireflies, and starry nights, and music-playing piano, specifically.

Dislikes: Demons, people trying to hurt his family or friends, watching people suffer, people insulting God/Jesus, annoying pop music.

Theme Song: “Courtesy Call” - Thousand Foot Krutch
Name: Hamiri Yu

Mythos: Altarian (her name means "Clear Ruby Sky" in the Altarian language.)

Powers and Domain: Mainly she uses her sword, a unique sword with a black blade, known as the Witch's Blade because she is often seen as a witch by others. She also can fly with raven wings, because she is a Servant of the Mage of Wind, and is skilled with the elements of wind, shadows, and night. She can travel to and from the underworld, because of her position and of her extensive knowledge of myths and of the afterlife.

Origin: She was originally born a human girl in a tiny village known as Mica. In her Beginning Level class to become a Holy Knight, she was one of the top rookie sword-fighters, and looked to possibly become the best in her class. However, as she saw the corruption in her village, she decided she had to leave her village in order to save it. At the same time, she pledged herself as a Servant of the Mage of Wind, in order to fight the darkness from afar.

RP-Personality: Tough and cool on the outside, kind and soft-spoken on the inside. Very intelligent and resourceful, normally good at keeping her temper intact.

Appearance:

This girl:

Favorite Classes: English, History, Home Ec.

Least Favorite Classes: Biology, Art, Geometry, Health.

Favorite Sport: Kendo

Likes: Black, red, white, cute red heels, roses, dressing nicely, training with her sword, her friends, traveling, reading, rock and classical music, blackbirds, ghosts, and bunnies.

Dislikes: Being called a "witch" or a "temptress", pop music, bright colors, being unorganized, arrogant people, watching her friends get hurt, and the cold.

Theme Song: “The Phoenix” - Lindsey Stirling
I got one more, because things are about to get really heavy!

God's Name: Patriah Fanuta (First name means "Desert Wind" in Altarian)

Mythos: Altarian

Powers and Domain: The Mage of Wind, he controls and keeps the balance of
wind and wind currents. Using his blade, the Dragonwing Blade, he can summon huge
storms, if he chooses. Also, being a Mage, he has enhanced healing abilities, flight, super-speed, enhanced reflexes, and he is an empath-he can read emotions of others.

Origin: Originally from the village of Gina, he moved to Mica in order to go to school there. There, he became close to Hamiri Yu, a fellow student, despite him knowing his identity as a Mage would eventually lead to him possibly making the ultimate sacrifice to protect the balance of the world. However, in order to do so, he left the village with Hamiri, and they made a contract-he was the Mage, and she would be his servant, following his commands and working with him to hone her powers. Unfortunately, war and Patriah's own complex inner demons separated the two, and currently they have not seen each other in the last 3 years. He has enrolled in Holy High to hide-out as a student, but with war looming, he knows he cannot hide for long...

RP Personality: Generally a sourpuss, cynical, and easily irritated. He has a very hard time forming relationships with others, and has a tendency to push away anyone who tries to befriend him. However, this stems from his knowledge of his true identity as a Mage, under his human form, and of his knowledge of his duties. Beneath his thick armor, Patriah is secretly quiet and compassionate, but won't admit it. If angered, he can say awful things to people, and has no problem throwing around death threats.

Favorite Class: None

Least Favorite Class: All

Favorite Sport: Probably kendo.

Likes: Not much (that he is willing to talk about.) Probably Hamiri, but he won't admit it outright. Also like money, and his sword. He definitely likes to fight and talk trash, too.

Dislikes: Most everyone and everything (or so he says). Definitely doesn't like any force that tips the balance in favor of darkness.

Theme Song: “Rusty Cage” - Soundgarden
Good Kids:
Frisct the II wrote:The App

Name: Zora

Mythos: The Crystalline Throne

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Zora is the god of light.

Light Constructs: Can conjure hard light constructs that can act as various things such as weapons, tools, or other inanimate objects.

Photon Manipulation: Can utilize the photons around him to do things such as make certain areas of space lighter or darker.

Transcendent Speed: Can move at speeds associated with photons.

Transcendent Strength: Zora is no pushover when it comes to strength. While he may not be the strongest, he can still put some god tier strength behind a punch if he needs to.

Chromatic Appearance: Can change how light interacts with parts of his body, changing the colors of things such as his hair and clothes. The color is also affected by his mood, which makes it really hard for him to lie about how he is feeling.

Mythical Origin: “Let there be light!” Thus, Zora was born into the cosmos as the champion of light, created to contain and control the physical and non-physical parts of it. Other than this, Zora had no designated purpose. Due to this, he made a habit to observe what God had created.

He had a favorite place to watch over the light. It was next to God’s planet, Earth. The sun that was nearby was beautiful and cast a brilliant radiance upon the planet. On the surface of Earth was a remote school for the new gods. It had always been there, but he had never really felt the need to go and personally observe it.

Many years passed like this. Zora knew not the exact number, but he did know that it was an extremely long time. He was never able to talk to anyone or get to know anything except for what he could see. This made him feel cold and empty, devoid of purpose and reason. He sought companionship in his infinite lifespan. He eventually decided to go down to Earth to find others like himself.

Personality: Zora is curious by nature and always willing to learn new things. Be that as it may, he is oblivious beyond belief. He loves meeting people and tries to be social but doesn’t really know how to since he has never had any opportunities to interact with others.

Appearance: Zora retains his usually appearance when appearing as a human. When he discards his confining form it become more complex. His true form can change just as light can change color and shape. It can be bright or dark.

Favorite Subject: Science

Likes: Zora really likes socializing with others and doing this new thing called “eating.”

Dislikes: Being alone. That weird feeling he gets when he unsuccessfully meets a new person.

Theme Song: Fly Away With Me – Tom Walker
The App

Name: Jean

Mythos: Custom

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Jean's domain is the void
Void Energy - Jean can emit an energy that is native to the void. This energy can take any shape that Jean desires, and has a corrosive property.

Void Portal - Jean can create openings to the void that can consume and regurgitate what it takes in. Other people may enter the void, but it can only hold about ten at a time. This also serves as a personal space for Jean when he needs some time alone.
-Absorption - Jean can absorb what the void takes in, boosting his power proportionately to what is taken in.

Void Release - Jean releases the restriction he's placed on the void, allowing his power to grow exponentially

Gottestöter - Jean's sword. It is made of an unknown material and has strange grooves along the blade.

Mythical Origin: At first, there was nothing except for empty space with a caretaker. He knows not who or what created him. Maybe it was just the will of the void itself that birthed him. He existed without a name and without knowledge for an unknown amount of time, but soon after that, creation happened. God created the universe and all that resided within it. This turned the void into somewhat of an alternate dimension separate from the universe of God. He grew curious of what the new universe contained, and ventured out of his home into the space filled to the brim with stars and planets. It was beautiful. There was so much diversity and so much to see.

One day, while he was hurtling through space, Jean noticed a blue and green planet. He had never been down to the surface of any of these giant rocks, but this time he decided to take a little detour from his flight through the cosmos. Maybe it was destiny that brought him there. What he found was remarkable. Beings with physical form that could communicate with each other. He watched and watched for many years, keen to know more about the creatures. They had many languages. Too many to keep track of actually. He learned English since he had first begun observing in America. He took to calling himself Jean and eventually decided to take a physical form as well. He lived among them for many years. He needn't worry about food, sleep, or any other necessities that plagues mankind, but he did enjoy social interaction quite a bit.

Soon after his manifestation he discovered a place called Holy High. It was a school for young gods that needed to learn about themselves. He was already as old as time, but why not give it a shot. He now desires for his curiosity to be satiated by the events that could occur in such a place.

Personality: Jean is of a mysterious nature. He's very curious about the other gods, but he doesn't really like talking about himself. He feels very empty due to being the god of the void, and seeks fulfillment from anything that he can find. He can be a bit all over the place at times. There is one quirk to Jean's personality, and that is that he can be excessively cold at times. It's almost like he transforms into someone else sometimes.

Appearance:

Void Release:

Favorite Subject: Music

Likes: Jean likes to socialize and talk to people. Maybe it's just his curiosity, but he loves to know secrets. Among other things, Jean loves food even though he doesn't need to eat and he really likes how comfy beds can be after a long day. Jean values individuality and backbone above all else. One thing he desires sometimes is peace and quiet similar to how the void is

Dislikes: Jean doesn't much care for unlimited kindness. He hates weak willed people that bend to the whims of others. Another thing Jean dislikes is the way his stomach can only hold a limited amount of food. He isn't fond of overly loud noises but he can deal with them. Redundancy infuriates Jean to no end.

Theme Song: Shinedown - "DEVIL"[/quote]
5pb wrote:
The App

Name Kimiko

Mythos Custom

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear
Kimiko is a Spirit Goddess

She can channel spirit energy in two forms:
Fire and lightning (Both have a Distinctive Teal color).
Kimiko carries a Sword and a Bow. (The bow shoots spirit energy)

Age16

Mythical Origin Long before Kimiko was born there were several fox goddesses. They had fought with each other before a mortal brought them together. Upon their truce they used their powers together to create a eternal flame to represent their “Friendship”. The flame grew as the time they were at peace lasted, the flame grew over the course of thirteen years before it began to shift. The color of the flame began to change to a teal-blue color. The four goddesses thought it a premonition of a coming conflict among themselves so they began to distrust each other. After a few weeks the color of the flame had not shifted. One of the goddesses, Mimiki The Goddess of Wishes, grew mad because of the tension and lashed out against the others causing the flame to die down. As the flame grew weak a figure was able to be seen. It was a small fox child.

Personality Kimiko is a kind and caring person, she loves to make new friends and will defend the closest ones with her own life if need be. She is also very sly and cunning, she can talk her way out of almost any confrontation. Kimiko is also a very smart person by nature and doesn’t usually do her school work.

Appearance (With a fluffier fox tail)

Favorite Subject Language

Playing
Cuddling
Learning
Practicing her archery

Dislikes
Rude people
Being threatened
Vegetables
Water

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP6DRZJ12fU
White Bluff wrote:The App

Name: Bast or Bastet

Mythos: Egyptian

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Goddess of cats, protection, joy, dance, music, family, and love. Has a Khopesh.

Mythical Origin: Ra's eye, separated from Sehkmet.
https://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/bast.html

Personality: has a temper, very protective, cunning, sweet, agile.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: music, home ec.

Dislikes: the cold, bitter things, threats against loved ones.

Theme Song: wip
[/img]
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Is this still open? If it is, tag.

Name: Razorclaw

Mythos:
Essentially an ancient, aquatic monster, native to Earth's oceans.

Tough, strong scales, sharp claws and teeth. Amphibious. Incredibly strong jaws, good eyesight.

Age: Around 800,000, which is his specie's equivalent of high school age.

Mythical Origin: An ancient race of lizard monsters, dating from the time of the dinosaurs. They are the ones behind the Loch Ness monster, and other creatures of a similar nature.

Personality: A cold, calculating hunter, who enjoys tearing his prey to shreds. He is also curious, investigative, and studious.

Appearance: (Image)
Please ignore the speech bubbles and scaling. Imagine him as larger than the average human, but not this big.

Favorite Subject:
Combat/science

Combat
Studying
Science
Meat

Dislikes:
Vegetables
Math
Homework
Pacifism

Theme Song: The opening theme from Pacific Rim. I can add a link if you want me too.
Bycrest wrote:The App

Name: Hermes

Mythos: Greek

Powers:
Supernatural Speed
Enhanced Condition: (Reflexes, Agility, Endurance, Stamina, Durability, Intelligence, Thievery)
Acceleration Resistance
Flight (with winged shoes)

Domains:
Trade, Travel, Thievery, Luck, Invention, Messengers, etc.

Gear:
Winged shoes, Caduceus staff

Age: Appears 17, never says his real age but says that he's younger than you think.

Mythical Origin: Born the son of Zeus and Maia, Hermes immediate started causing trouble right after he was born by stealing cows from Apollo and then talking his way out of it. When he was brought to Zeus, his talents were immediately recognized and he became messenger of the gods and humans, farrier of souls to the afterlife, and patron of a lot of other things.

Personality: Cunning, clever, decisive, and sometimes mischievous. Hermes is always looking to have fun and enjoy the moment, although sometimes at the expense of others. Still, he is extremely loyal and is known to get things done when asked.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Literature or Music

Likes: Running, coffee, music, inventing things, interacting and observing people

Dislikes: Brute force, being outsmarted, being overworked (which takes a lot)

Theme Song: Escape from the City/ Caffeine
Ranoria wrote:The App

Name: Otohime

Mythos: Shinto

Powers: Aquamancy?(Water Manipulation: As a goddess of water and the ocean, Otohime can manipulate currents and water in her vicinity both in large quantity and with artistic precision. This does extend to temperature, but she can only manipulate that between the points of freezing and boiling. Notably, she cannot create water out of thin air or draw substantial amounts from water vapors around her.

Dragon form/Human Form: Otohime is a dragon, despite her generally choosing to wear the body of a human woman. Her dragon form is her true form, but her human form can change appearance if she so chooses, but generally she sticks to a uniform body to prevent confusion, and for her own sake. Her dragon form is about 25 feet long, and twelve high at the shoulder. She can also go through partial transformations, such as sprouting claws, fangs, wings, or scales. This state also greatly increases the range of her water manipulation, and allows her to spout out high-pressure, short bursts of the fluid.

Breathing underwater: this is pretty self explanatory.

Poison/disease resistance: Otohime generally isn’t affected by orally consumed poison or food borne illness, and as such can subside on a diet of raw meat.

Personality: Generally polite but slow to warm up to others. Quick to anger as well, but much less prone to violence. Very high strung to the point of arrogance.

Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Art

Dislikes: the desert, ice, eating sheep that haven’t been sheered

Theme Song: Diamond Eyes, cuz Lumi came up with it awhile ago
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35033131#p35033131
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35039412#p35039412
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35048003#p35048003
Saleon wrote:The App

Name: Death

Mythos: Psycho-emotional- existing as an emotional and psychical entity. Death exists, almost perennially, as a psychical manifestation of a deeper anxiety. In this sense, she has always existed, at least since creatures and gods began to realize their own existence and the possibility of its end.

• Life energy- Death carries humans to whatever afterlife they are given. Seemingly, this has to do with whatever pantheon they worship. Her control over life and death comes in the form of a soul-rending scythe and the ability to become a conduit of pure energy. This energy is similar to that of that which gives humans life.
  • Transigence- Death does not have a necessarily physical body. Often, her body may pass through physical objects or people. This seems to be in her control. She communes, often, in the realm of spirits. Humans may see her, but only when a person is close to, or has met, their end (or the end of someone close to them). At times, her body may feel light as air or in some sense defy gravity.

Mythical Origin: “Death has always been a constant of life for both humans and all creatures; even gods. She is probably best described as the psychoemotional manifestation of one's anxiety and rationalization over the finality of one's life. This is something that gods, as well as humans, contemplate. Humans worship gods: when gods are forgotten, they have essentially died. This is why gods, like humans, seem to fear and despise death.”

--

The doorbell rings at a lone house in Britain. The large mansion was home to a lord, young and still quite in his prime. There were guests, all from the family, totaling eight adults and one child.

The door opens, wind howling as a young seeming girl wearing torn jeans and a punk shirt. She seemed to be slightly pale, with a motorcycle stationed at the side of the mansion. She walks in, uninvited. The young lady pulls out what looks like a pocket switchblade, causing a slight stir, and begins to unfold it, a small bit the size of the switchblade at a time, before it becomes a crooked scythe with a slightly fancy handle.

The sunlight glittered over the mansion of the Newchurch family. The day was peaceful on the outside, quiet and unmoving. Constant. Nothing unfortunate was supposed to happen on a day like this. However, the family could not be aware of the events that lay ahead.

Winston Newchurch, the patriarch of the family, alongside his wife Elizabeth, was excellent at hosting dinner-parties. Their two adult children, Rosette and Percival, were also pleasant house-guests. Aunt Lucy and her husband Raymond were reserved, but always enjoyed good food and company. Their eldest son, Norman, was handsome and bright, and capable of sparkling conversation with his cousins and uncle. The only person who seemed adverse to parties was 6-year-old Anneliese, the youngest daughter of Winston and Elizabeth. While everyone else greeted each other and gave happy smiles, she sat on the couch with a distant look on her face. Only she seemed aware that something was amiss, amid all the warm welcomes and the bustling of servants cleaning the house around her.

The party began and progressed slowly and smoothly, like a creek on a calm summer day. The maids and butlers brought various teas for everyone to try, and many rich, warm, and fruity pastries. The sweet appetizers for what would be a savory meal. Winston asked Norman how his education at Cambridge was progressing. Elizabeth and Lucy gossiped about some of their neighbors. Raymond spoke to his nieces and his nephew, trying to cajole the little one into talking to the family. He also teased Rosette about her boyfriend, Jean, who was overseas with his own father in Dubai. Indeed, none of this conversation interested Anneliese, who clung to her teddy bear and hardly touched a pastry.

Finally, dinner came. A rich, glistening duck, cooked to a browned perfection and covered in a buttery glaze. Sided with a fresh cabbage salad and a creamy soup, everyone was delighted by the melody of scents and flavors. Everyone ate and chat merrily.

Then...she entered.

For the first time, Anneliese looked up from the table. She held her teddy tight, while Winston immediately rose as he saw the girl draw a knife. “Halt! State your purpose, and do not draw near! Not another step, or I will get my rifle, young lady!” he warned.

Aunt Lucy had to huddle away, as she was nearly hysterical upon seeing the switchblade become a scythe. Her husband wrapped his arms around her protectively, while Norman grasped his knife like a blade. Rosette held Anneliese close to her, though the latter child was unafraid. Percival was almost as afraid as Rosette, and stood close to his older sister.

”Well? Speak!” Winston repeated.

"Hellooo," The strange girl says, yawning as they pull out weapons. She pulls out a piece of crumpled up paper, "I'm death. I'm hear to collect one of your souls. One of you is well past overdue. Please understand, this is proper procedure."

”You will do no such thing! Elizabeth, call the police immediately. I will get the rifle. Rosette, bring Anneliese away from here.”

As Winston gave orders, Anneliese shook her head, as though she knew she did not want to leave.

”Annie we have to go! Please, it’s for your safety! Annie!”

Rosette begged her sister to come, pulling her tiny arm as she spoke. The little girl eyed Death without blinking.

Meanwhile, Winston grabbed his gun from the glass cabinet near the front of the dining room. Only a few feet away from the girl, he aimed his rifle in death’s face. Aunt Lucy still continued to shriek in the background.

"You best make sure the little girls leave the room. I feel we shouldn't let them watch any of this," Death says, looking at the gun. She puts her finger in it. For some reason, the phone lines seem to be failing. All that you hear is static. She looks at Winston, "I wish there was an easier way for you people to believe me..."

”Annie, please, the lady said for us to go, we must go!” Rosette pulled her sister along, finally deciding to lift her into her arms and to whisk her away. Percival followed, while Norman remained with his parents, determined to protect his mother and father.

”Winston dear, the phone is not working!” Elizabeth called.

”What?!...But we have wireless connection, and the house-phones work perfectly fine!...I don’t understand! What have you done?!” Winston immediately understood that Death had to be the cause.

The doors of the building seem locked shut, leaving it impossible for anyone to escape the mansion. The grave for one person. Death was busy chewing some gum, "try and shoot me and find out."

Winston had never actually shot an intruder, but now he had to do so. He hoped that he would be able to protect his family, now when he was needed more than ever. Gritting his teeth and ignoring Aunt Lucy’s yelps, he fired the gun in Death’s face.

Death recoiled a bit, her back seeming to crack as if it had broken. She pulls out a handkerchief and then cleans the gunpowder and casing from her face, "now to reiterate. I am Death. The literal Grim Reaper. Or whatever else you have decided to call me. Can we just get to the bargaining or the games or whatever you guys want to do here?"

Everyone got silent as the gunshot had absolutely no effect on this woman. Even Aunt Lucy got silent. They had no choice but to believe her. Norman lowered his knife, knowing he could do nothing against this woman.

Elizabeth bravely stepped forward, and inquired, “...Wh-What is it exactly that you want?...”

"Lady, I was quite clear about this. One of you has died. I am here to collect you. It is more a simple process, really. We literally just walk in a direction for a bit. Or something. Really, I have a lot of time before my next job, so... we can talk this out if you want."

Elizabeth looked around the room. Everyone in the room seemed to still be alive. She looked to her husband. He was confused as well. The couple turned back to her. “...Who?...We are all alive here...”

Death adjusts her glasses. She drinks some coffee, "I know at least two or three of you know that isn't true."

”...This absurd game shall end! Tell us who you are here for now! I will not stand for this much longer!” Winston ordered.

Death looks at her docket, "Uuuuuh. What are your names, exactly?" She sizes up the family.

Winston looked around at his family. “...I am Winston Newchurch. My wife is Elizabeth. My brother Raymond and his wife Lucy...and their son, my nephew, Norman. My children upstairs are Rosette, Percival, and Anneliese.”

"Right, Lucy. That was it. I had wrote it down but I was pretty poor with my letters, so it was hard to read," Death says, looking at them.

Raymond gasped, and looked toward his wife. She was as shocked as he was, if not more so. Her face became a solid white, like plaster. She felt suffocated, and trapped. She was not ready to die, and she shook her head repeatedly. “No. No, please...no...my son...my son, he needs me...” she whispered, breathless.

Norman still managed to remain calm, though his anger slipped through as he spoke. “Is this some kind of cruel joke? What are you trying to do?”

Death sighed, "Look, one of you knew this would happen. Either way, I don't make up the rules. She is dead. A few hours ago, to be honest."

”...This is madness! I brought her here today! She couldn’t possibly be dead!” Raymond interjected, angrily.

“My mom is fine! She went to the doctor yesterday and everything was well!” Norman added.

Aunt Lucy, however, did not give the same response. She felt lightheaded...and light everything-else. Weightless. Ungrounded. She rubbed her temple and stared at Death. “...I...I only took a nap this morning...I was fine indeed. I just...felt sleepy...but I woke when it was time to get ready!...How is this possible?...I’ve been eating and drinking with everyone else!”

Death sighed, "look. I understand it may not be happy to have her leave, but I already know what happens when I start making exceptions."

She passed by the room, walking through Raymond. Her body had both a corporeal and incorporeal quality. She simply walked through him like smoke.

”This cannot be true! I am fine! Look at me!” Aunt Lucy stood in defiance, but as she did so she stared at her hand. The sunlight from the window glowed through it, and she could see Death behind her hand. Raymond and Norman only looked at her with fear as she backed away...and passed into the table, like a ghost.

Death gave a slight annoyed 'tch'. She looks on at her, "accept it. There is a time of passing for everyone.”

Norman and Raymond looked at Aunt Lucy with shock and horror. She truly was a ghost. Winston continued to glare toward Death, while Elizabeth rushed to see Aunt Lucy.

Yet the panic for the ghost slowly evaporated. Slowly, surely, all became clear to her. She had appeared to be fine, she had gotten up and dressed, and she had left with Raymond and Norman...and nobody had checked the room to see her dead body. This had been...three hours ago?...Aunt Lucy wanted to shiver, but she felt no pain. No hurt. Her soul was beginning to relax.

”...Mom is...she can’t be dead! She can’t be! Please, you don’t have to do this! What did she die of?! It doesn’t make sense!” Norman shouted.

"This was going to happen sooner rather than later," Death says, looking to Norman. She flicks him in the forehead, "what do you expect me to do; bring her back to life?"

”Yes, please! Please, I’ll do anything!” he shouted. Yet he kept looking back to his mother. She was free. She did not want to come back. Yet he still fought anyway. “Please, I’m not ready to lose her!”

"Oh, what was that weird phrase you people came up with? If you love something, you got get rid of it?" Death says, "Do you know the ramifications if I just don't reap anyone for even a day? Souls anguish. They scream. They grow angry and resentful. Then, they become jealous of what they lost. Your body. Is that what you want her to experience?"

“Then put her back in her body! She was perfectly healthy and it is not her time!” Elizabeth demanded softly. She reached toward Aunt Lucy, but the latter did not seem to notice her. “...Lucy?...”

“The phrase is ‘if you love something you let it go, not get rid of it!” Norman shouted.

"She was not healthy. She was as in denial as you all are," Death says, looking at Elizabeth. She then gets an earful from Norman about what the phrase actually was, "ah. That does sound better, yes."

Norman paused for a moment as he realized what he had just said. His eyes began to fill with tears, and a lump formed in his throat. He was powerless, unable to stop the turn of events. He forced himself to remain standing, and turned to his mother. “...Mom?...Please, mom, come back...I’ll...I’ll do anything you want!”

She did not seem to completely hear him. She saw him, and gave him a smile full of motherly love. But she was clearly gone.

”...Mom...please...”

Death patted him on the head, "Listen kid. It happens for everyone. It hurts now, but was all of her time with you hurtful?" She pulled out a small hourglass, checking the time. Her other hand gripped her scythe.

”...No...no of course not...but...but I want her to be...I want her to be here...we were all...so happy together...” He turned to his father, who was still in shock, and he began to sob. Elizabeth began to sob next to him.

"Oh gods, I never know what to do in these moments..." Death says, looking at the family. She offers her hand to Lucy, "you got any idea how to deal with this?"

Lucy was ready to leave. She gave hugs to her family, though they could not feel her touch. Her face was full of peace, and she kissed her husband on the lips. He was still too stunned to feel her.

Death began walking outwards, the house opening as wind seemed to sweep away her presence. She walked Lucy, getting on her motorcycle, "some people still think I ride a literal horse."

"No...no please...don't..." Raymond finally spoke, but he himself sounded like a ghost. Defeated, beaten, exhausted from the last ten minutes of existence. He almost seemed like he wanted to die and to go with his wife. Yet this was not to be.

Aunt Lucy moved away from him, and away from her family, and she walked toward the motorcycle. She stared at the girl, as though she knew Death would lead her out of the mansion and into the afterlife.

Death looked back for a second, staring at the door, Raymond screaming for a second, "Live for her, dumb@#$. She loved you, you greedy bas#$*d. Cherish her memories." She looks back, "oh, by the way. What religion were you again? Wicca? Buddhist? I rarely keep track, but we best figure out which afterlife we are talking. The gods get pissed if there is a mix-up."

"...Anglican," Aunt Lucy answered, gently.

"Ah, that is a weird one," Death says, "I remember once where the afterlife involved Jesus being a woman. Like, she was kinda hot. I usually don't date too much, but she seemed nice."

Aunt Lucy was confused by Death's statement, but nevertheless she climbed onto the back of the motorcycle and looked ahead. She was ready to enjoy the afterlife. Her life had been full of suffering, which she had hid from her son and her husband until the end. She looked back one last time, as though she wanted her gaze to comfort her husband.

Yet Raymond himself seemed completely gone. Norman shook his shoulders, telling him to look in her direction, but he seemed dead. His skin was still warm, but inside he was hollow. No amount of shouting and crying could reach him right now.

"...How...how did we not see...how...oh, poor Lucy...poor Lucy, her body!" Elizabeth wept, holding onto her husband as she cried.

Winston was in shock himself, but in a different way. Death had merely come and swooped someone out of his midst without his knowledge. He was used to knowing everything and to being able to help everyone. Now he was unable to save Lucy from her fate. She had died without anyone knowing, alone, and in her sleep. He shivered. "...Lucy...we're so sorry...we're so sorry..." he whispered, as he held his wife close. He shed no tears, but his sorrow was painfully evident.with help from Lumi

Appearance

Favorite Subject: Philosophy and the Social Sciences (Anthropology, Sociology)

• Girlz
  • Motorcycles
  • Discussions on the meaning of life
  • Monty Python
  • Coffee
  • Spicy Foods
  • Rock
  • Rebellious types
  • Competitive games and gambling.

Dislikes
  • Working too hard
  • Violence
  • Tampering with the nature of life and death (a common theme for gods)
  • Losing games
  • Cheaters

Theme Song: We’re all Gonna Die
THE BAD KIDS:
Name: Melkor Belegurth

Mythos: Tolkien Legendarium/Silmarillion

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Lord of Darkness, creator of Orcs, demons, other monstrosities, the Main Antagonists of the Tolkien Legendarium.

Mythical Origin: One of the original Fifteen Valar, the firstborn children of Eru Ilúvatar and one of the creators of the world. However, his delving into the empty Void outside of Time and the world caused him to wonder about his father's plans, and ultimately rebelled. For his upstart behavior, he was forced to endure to the worst possible sentence: boarding school.

Personality: He does not want to be here. Melkor would much rather go back to doing what he loves, sowing chaos and dissent among those prissy elves. However, if he's gonna pull off this "repentance" shtick, he's gotta fake it till he makes it. Not entirely one to interfere in the affairs of others unless it benefits him, or gets him out of repentance faster. Though as he was once the mightiest of the Valar, he may be swayed to change again...the man excels in it.

Appearance: Plants are friends, not food!

Favorite Subject: A wide variety of academic interests, but anything involving creating things (Woodshop, Metal Shop, Biology) is his forte, but also is a rather decent singer and long distance runner.

Likes: Strategy, testing his mental limits, charming people and manipulating them, pugs (it's a guilty pleasure of his thanks to Varda's dabbling on Fumblr), doing what he wants and rebelling, being solo (most of the time), singing (he did do the solo that rocked creation), jogging, creating something, eating meat.

Dislikes: Being confined to rules, those who do what they're told, weak minded people, authority that doesn't permit creativity or change, large groups, annoying people, when his creations go wrong, people being forced into groups they don't want to be in, and occasionally vegans

Theme Song: I don't have one yet...
Finsternia wrote:Sneakily leaves app.

The App
Name: Apophis/Apep
Mythos: Egyptian Mythology
Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Supreme Evil God of Chaos, Disaster and Calamity, Destruction
Mythical Origin: Some say that he was born from Ra's umbilical cord or was simultaneously spawned after the Sun God came to being. He doesn't want to be associated with the senile hawk's belly button so please don't ask him.
Personality: Seemingly violent and aggressive at first glance, Apophis is an intense individual, be it with his passions, actions, and his warmongering attitude. He's been the troublemaker of the Egyptian pantheon for thousands of years, not counting Isis' shenanigans of course, and for some reason he claims to be the patron God of all who takes any degree in the liberal arts.
Appearance:

Favorite Subject: Ethics, Law, Magic Studies
Likes: Silk, coffee, snakes, hot weather, summer, bad weather, lawyers
Dislikes: THE ENTIRETY OF THE EGYPTIAN PANTHEON, the sun and daytime, thick clothes, cold weather
Theme Song:
A Young Girl's War
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:The App

Name: Lucifer (also known as Satan, Snake in the Paradise, Father of Lies, the Adversary...)

Mythos: Judaic-Christian.

A former Seraph and one of the first creations of Yahweh alongside Michael and the other powerful Angels, Lucifer retained his power after his Banishment from the Heavens, which implies on him being an extremely powerful being, with a distorted Grace. With his existence tied to Hell by Yahweh, his powers underwent a transformation: he draws extra power from the sins of the humans, being able to detect the sins committed by someone and how much they influence that person, and became the leader of the "organic" creations known as the Seven Cardinal Sins, the physical versions of the Sins the Church, under God's name, condemned.

His abilities over formerly Celestial Fire are notorious, given the alias given to him as the brightest star of the divine creation, which allows him manipulation of heat with an extreme precision, now Hellish Fire. He also holds the ability of tempting humans, and his presence usually creates the opposite effect: a sense of seduction and danger is enacted around humans when Lucifer is around in his human form, while the feeling regarding his angelic form is different; it may be pure fear, as the person might see Hell's eternal domains behind the wings of the beautiful angel, or it may be the feeling of greed that a treasure hunter feels when he stares into the glimmer of a diamond on a pedestal. In most cases, it involves an uncanny feeling, one Lucifer skillfully hides with his smart use of words and promises if needed, though he always advocates he never did anything that a human didn't want to happen. He also holds potency to shape the reality to a medium degree, given his episode involving Job and the countless tales of deals with the Devil.

Given his position as Ruler of the Hell, he also commands Legions of Demons, distorted creatures that obey him but follow their own wishes. His presence usually compels them to obey given his position as ruler over them.

Mythical Origin:

Lucifer's origin, as told by the Bible, starts at a disagreement with Yahweh about the humans, before the Genesis. It was this disagreement who started a conflict in Heaven, which eventually ended with Lucifer's banishment from Paradise and locked into Hell, from where he started to devise plans against humanity and holding the objective to taint the Creator's work. Described as cunning, liar, tempter, powerful, influential and the central figure of Revelations ending, Lucifer is the opposing figure in the Christian myth, being locked for years in Hell.

Personality:

Arrogant. Independent. Taking orders from no one and an impressive story teller, Lucifer is a figure that has an overly confident figure and an astonishing capacity to display his side of the story to those who want to listen to it. A charismatic yet weird figure, Lucifer is also absolutely wise given the status of his creation and his current position of Hell's ruler.

Favorite Subject:

History and Literature.

Books, free will, fancy places and foods.

Dislikes:

Excessive rules, fanatics, preachers.

Theme Song:

Will find one.

Any other doubts, just ask me.
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35036029#p35036029
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35061225#p35061225
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 pm

*Inhales*
Tag.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:57 pm

Danceria wrote:*Inhales*
Tag.

DANCY!!!! :hug:

My first customer! *Hands a cupcake.*
-Alan Jackson

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Danceria wrote:*Inhales*
Tag.

DANCY!!!! :hug:

*Melkor sulkily eats a cupcake*
I'm ready to be a slightly edgy boi. In other words, the average denizen of this school.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Vadterland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vadterland » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Tag.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Danceria wrote:
Luminesa wrote:DANCY!!!! :hug:

*Melkor sulkily eats a cupcake*
I'm ready to be a slightly edgy boi. In other words, the average denizen of this school.

AIght.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Vadterland wrote:Tag.

Welcome!
-Alan Jackson

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 pm

*Sends a hawk with a scroll to Luminesa*
*The scroll is actually a tag*
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:*Sends a hawk with a scroll to Luminesa*
*The scroll is actually a tag*

*Pets the hawk and accepts tag.*
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:19 am

Totally tagged

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:41 pm

Frisct the II wrote:Totally tagged

Hai Frisct!
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:Totally tagged

Hai Frisct!

Henlo! I'll have an app up soon

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 am

Frisct the II wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Hai Frisct!

Henlo! I'll have an app up soon

Fantastic!
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 pm

The App

Name: Zora

Mythos: The Crystalline Throne

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear: Zora is the god of light.

Light Constructs: Can conjure hard light constructs that can act as various things such as weapons, tools, or other inanimate objects.

Photon Manipulation: Can utilize the photons around him to do things such as make certain areas of space lighter or darker.

Transcendent Speed: Can move at speeds associated with photons.

Transcendent Strength: Zora is no pushover when it comes to strength. While he may not be the strongest, he can still put some god tier strength behind a punch if he needs to.

Chromatic Appearance: Can change how light interacts with parts of his body, changing the colors of things such as his hair and clothes. The color is also affected by his mood, which makes it really hard for him to lie about how he is feeling.

Mythical Origin: “Let there be light!” Thus, Zora was born into the cosmos as the champion of light, created to contain and control the physical and non-physical parts of it. Other than this, Zora had no designated purpose. Due to this, he made a habit to observe what God had created.

He had a favorite place to watch over the light. It was next to God’s planet, Earth. The sun that was nearby was beautiful and cast a brilliant radiance upon the planet. On the surface of Earth was a remote school for the new gods. It had always been there, but he had never really felt the need to go and personally observe it.

Many years passed like this. Zora knew not the exact number, but he did know that it was an extremely long time. He was never able to talk to anyone or get to know anything except for what he could see. This made him feel cold and empty, devoid of purpose and reason. He sought companionship in his infinite lifespan. He eventually decided to go down to Earth to find others like himself.

Personality: Zora is curious by nature and always willing to learn new things. Be that as it may, he is oblivious beyond belief. He loves meeting people and tries to be social but doesn’t really know how to since he has never had any opportunities to interact with others.

Appearance: Zora retains his usually appearance when appearing as a human. When he discards his confining form it become more complex. His true form can change just as light can change color and shape. It can be bright or dark.

Favorite Subject: Science

Likes: Zora really likes socializing with others and doing this new thing called “eating.”

Dislikes: Being alone. That weird feeling he gets when he unsuccessfully meets a new person.

Theme Song: Fly Away With Me – Tom Walker

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:57 am

It's been a while since I've been in one of the HH RPs
*Tags*
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:25 am

5pb wrote:It's been a while since I've been in one of the HH RPs
*Tags*

Hallo! *Gives cupcakes.*
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:27 am

*Sends a Corgi to Lumi with a tag.*
Nothing to see here, move along.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 am

Been a while since I’ve gotten the chance to release my inner weeb. I shall be applying for a character who’s really weird.

Edit: make that two characters.
Last edited by Ihury on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Okay, I’ll be posting a second app later today or tomorrow. Here’s what I have thus far.

Edit: grammar + spelling, also changed the theme song

The App

Name
Natsuhiko “Natsu” Nurikabe
塗壁夏彦 (Nurikabe Natsuhiko)
なつ (Natsu)

Mythos
Japanese folklore

Powers / Abilities / Domains / Gear
  • Nurikabe: Natsu has the ability to shape shift, and possesses two forms.
    • Human: His usual form. People often joke that this is his creepiest form.
    • Plaster wall: Natsu’s titular form. A gigantic wall-shaped creature made of plaster, with eyes that stare out into wildly different directions and a tongue that hangs out. He is able to change his shape to a great extent while in this form, stretching upwards to foil attempts to climb and sideways to foil attempts to circumvent. In this form, he either appears as a barely visible transparent distortion in a person’s field of vision or in plaster-wall form fully visible to all.
  • Eyesight: Despite his horrendous reading habits, Natsu possesses perfect eyesight, perhaps even better than most. He has exceptional night vision, to which he requires very little time to switch; in fact, he operates best at night.
  • Psychomotor: For all practical purposes, Natsu is very physically unfit, being a scrawny twig of a boy; nevertheless, he possesses a decent psychomotor, and has relatively good hand-eye coordination.

Mythical Origin
The nurikabe (literally “plaster walls”) first entered Japanese folklore in the 19th Century, with authors detailing yōkai that manifested themselves as bizarre walls springing up in the night along forest paths. Where they came from and what exactly they are is a subject of debate, with some claiming that they are formed from the souls of the dead amalgamating into a wall-like entity to protect something, and others believing that they are mischievous tanuki spirits out to frustrate unsuspecting travellers.

Where Natsuhiko Nurikabe is concerned, he only recalls coming into existence some seventeen or so years ago, a sudden awakening along the edges of the dreaded Aokigahara forest. As part of the small but tightly-knit family of nurikabe around Japan, Natsu started life as a happy little wall, shifting and slinking around the forests of Japan and pranking the people who went through the woods, but soon decided to embark on journeys around the world. He soon came to see, however, how much of a crapsack the world was, and having seen enough nonsense through his years of running about, Natsu eventually became sick and tired of seeing things, choosing instead to settle for a quiet existence in the United States, enrolling himself in a school for a change of environment.

Personality
Natsu describes himself as a “cynical optimist”, someone who is disgusted and disillusioned at the way the world works because he knows it has the potential to be far better. Believing this to be largely the fault of men and their insatiable hunger for power, Natsu this prefers to keep to himself than to interact with people, though this is more an extension of his withdrawn personality than a product of his worldview, and extends, to a certain extent, to his supernatural schoolmates as well.

Being very well read, Natsu is known as the “Walking Dictionary”, and can comment in great detail on a wide range of subjects. He has a physical tic of putting his index finger to his mouth whenever he is thinking, sometimes gnawing on his fingertip and mumbling aloud as he does so. Aside from this, Natsu has several other idiosyncrasies that make him appear rather odd; when sitting down on a chair, he takes off his shoes and brings his feet up onto the seat, curled into a foetal position, and when outside, he tends to prefer sitting down leaning against a wall, especially when he wants to read, which he will do intensely; as a result, though he isn’t disliked by anybody, Natsu often comes across as rather strange and introverted, resulting in his having very few close friends (which hardly bothers him). He has a dislike for social butterflies and popular people in general, calling them “all id and no ego”.

Though he is highly secretive about his life outside of Holy High, Natsu has mentioned that he has two older brothers, Toshihiko and Haruhiko, as well as two younger brothers, Akihiko and Fuyuhiko. Natsu considers himself a Russophile, and has hundreds of albums of Russian war songs on his phone.

Appearance
ImageImage
Height: 166cm (human) / Variable (nurikabe) | Weight: 50kg (human) / Variable (nurikabe) | Hair colour: Black | Eye colour: Amber (human) / Electric blue (nurikabe)

Natsuhiko is a small, thin-built, rather androgynous boy who looks significantly younger than he actually is. Most of his clothes are one size too large (he hopes to become ripped one day, but doesn’t actually take any concrete steps to reach that goal). This is especially apparent in the way he wears his school uniform; it hangs off him in a rather frumpy manner, and his pants are long and baggy, requiring several tightenings of his belt to stay on.

Favourite subject
History

• Music (particularly Russian war songs and hardbass)
  • Tofu
  • Tarkhuna (a Georgian lemonade with tarragon)
  • Coffee and tea

Dislikes
  • Seafood
  • Excessive physical activity
  • Social climbing and school politics
  • Dining etiquette
  • Winter
  • Having to wake up early

Theme song
Mozart- Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Minor, K488: Movement 2 (Adagio)
Last edited by Ihury on Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:58 am

Tagging. Have a few ideas flying around, just need to refine them first before I throw apps together.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I have an idea for an OC monster that I’d like to explore. Not so much a scary thing as much as a nuisance.

I think I’ll make that the premise for my second app.

Aldreri
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldreri » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:11 am

Tag? This looks really cool.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 am

Ihury, welcome! And your app is accepted!

Frisct your app is accepted!
-Alan Jackson

Ihury
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ihury » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:18 am

Luminesa wrote:Ihury, welcome! And your app is accepted!

Frisct your app is accepted!

Spasibo :)

How many players do we need to begin?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse