NATION

PASSWORD

The Legacy of the Tournament of Champions (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:38 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Olthar wrote:Anyone who thinks a corpse, animate or not, is a sexual being needs some help. Or has read way too many vampire romance novels.

Honestly, I thought you were referring to the biologial bits.

Well, undead tend not to have much in the way of biology, either. ;)

Oozes are literal collections of slime that don't even reproduce and merely emerge through spontaneous generation. Even the robots are arguably more sexual than that.

I mean, sure, reproduction is out of the question, but Thist did learn enough social skills to be more sexual than Data.

I think you're conflating sex with romance here. I'm not doubting Thist's ability to form relationships, but all oozes are intrinsically asexual. No amount of social skill will change that.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Olthar wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Honestly, I thought you were referring to the biologial bits.

Well, undead tend not to have much in the way of biology, either. ;)

True.

I mean, sure, reproduction is out of the question, but Thist did learn enough social skills to be more sexual than Data.

I think you're conflating sex with romance here. I'm not doubting Thist's ability to form relationships, but all oozes are intrinsically asexual. No amount of social skill will change that.

How about any amount of shapeshifting ability?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Grenartia wrote:

The kind of shapeshifting an ooze can do is a purely superficial thing and has no affect on whatever passes for ooze biology. That's why, in game terms, it has no affect on your stats or faction.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:16 am

Olthar wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

The kind of shapeshifting an ooze can do is a purely superficial thing and has no affect on whatever passes for ooze biology. That's why, in game terms, it has no affect on your stats or faction.

I mean, sure, but I just figured out that if you can shapeshift into a person, with all the limbs required, what's stopping you from shapeshifting other anatomical features, even if you're not replicating the biological functions. All that's necessary is to shapeshift a stick or a hole, none of the chemical or plumbing aspects are required.
Last edited by Grenartia on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:56 am

Grenartia wrote:
Olthar wrote:The kind of shapeshifting an ooze can do is a purely superficial thing and has no affect on whatever passes for ooze biology. That's why, in game terms, it has no affect on your stats or faction.

I mean, sure, but I just figured out that if you can shapeshift into a person, with all the limbs required, what's stopping you from shapeshifting other anatomical features, even if you're not replicating the biological functions. All that's necessary is to shapeshift a stick or a hole, none of the chemical or plumbing aspects are required.

Sure, but simply having parts isn't enough to make one a sexual being, just like with undead. Or kids. An ooze could make an organ but would utterly lack the biology, instincts, or desire to use it.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:04 am

Does it really matter? It's just an RP character.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:59 am

Additionally I would note that Winthrop enjoys a fair bit of wenching and whoring.

It's pretty far down the list of pleasures, but definitely there.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 am

Olthar wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Sure, but simply having parts isn't enough to make one a sexual being, just like with undead. Or kids. An ooze could make an organ but would utterly lack the biology, instincts, or desire to use it.

I mean, the desire comes from Thist's ability to form relationships.

Ameriganastan wrote:Does it really matter? It's just an RP character.

What else is there to talk about?

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Additionally I would note that Winthrop enjoys a fair bit of wenching and whoring.

It's pretty far down the list of pleasures, but definitely there.

Winthrob

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:43 pm

I posted the IC thread: link.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 am

Olthar wrote:I posted the IC thread: link.

Uh... Hello?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Olthar wrote:
Olthar wrote:I posted the IC thread: link.

Uh... Hello?

Sorry. I'm literally Hitler.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:16 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Olthar wrote:Uh... Hello?

So the rumors were true, and you really did flee to Argentina. But, damn. You must be super old by now. :blink:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Olthar wrote:

So the rumors were true, and you really did flee to Argentina. But, damn. You must be super old by now. :blink:

The blood of the innocents is a great anti-aging remedy, turns out.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Olthar wrote:So the rumors were true, and you really did flee to Argentina. But, damn. You must be super old by now. :blink:

Ah, that would explain why wrinkle cream is so expensive.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Olthar wrote:

Ah, that would explain why wrinkle cream is so expensive.

Shelling out for the genuine baby instead of the imitation baby is where the price really gets inflated.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 pm

I would really like more players, but it seems we're not getting any. Maybe I should make a character, myself.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:29 pm

@ Lab: You're mixing up the different rooms. Yours is not flooded and also does not have the chicken dispenser. Those are only parts of Thist's room. Also, undead don't need to eat, either.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Olthar wrote:@ Lab: You're mixing up the different rooms. Yours is not flooded and also does not have the chicken dispenser. Those are only parts of Thist's room. Also, undead don't need to eat, either.

Ohhh, well I imagine that eating is still a rather enjoyable pastime.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Character Name: Jonna Moonborn
Faction: Monsters

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 6
Speed: 4
Special: 2

Talents:
Stealth: 3

Equipment: Ragged clothes, a totem amulet of bone and twine
Personality: Jonna is a wild free spirit who lives by herself deep within the untamed lands. She loves both the freedom and danger of loving outside of civilization, and she admires the harsh beauty of nature. She vociferously supports the separation of the factions and is especially hateful of the humans.
Backstory: Jonna is a werewolf who was born in a small, nameless village located in a chilly forest on the northern shore of the untamed lands. She spent her youth playing with the other children and learning to fight and hunt from her parents. When she was barely ten years old, a band of human invaders settled outside the forest and began chopping it down. When they learned of the village, they burned it to the ground and slaughtered everyone. Jonna, the only survivor, was forced to flee into the wilds. She thrived on her own and, many years later, returned to take her vengeance on the human settlement.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Olthar wrote:Character Name: Jonna Moonborn
Faction: Monsters

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 6

Talents:
Stealth: 3

Equipment: Ragged clothes, a totem amulet of bone and twine
Personality: Jonna is a wild free spirit who lives by herself deep within the untamed lands. She loves both the freedom and danger of loving outside of civilization, and she admires the harsh beauty of nature. She vociferously supports the separation of the factions and is especially hateful of the humans.
Backstory: Jonna is a werewolf who was born in a small, nameless village located in a chilly forest on the northern shore of the untamed lands. She spent her youth playing with the other children and learning to fight and hunt from her parents. When she was barely ten years old, a band of human invaders settled outside the forest and began chopping it down. When they learned of the village, they burned it to the ground and slaughtered everyone. Jonna, the only survivor, was forced to flee into the wilds. She thrived on her own and, many years later, returned to take her vengeance on the human settlement.

Accepted.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 am

Sorry, had work yesterday and passed out as soon as I got home. Have work in an hour and a half, so I won't be able to post until later tonight or tomorrow.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:01 am

Olthar wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Character Name: Thist
Faction: Ooze

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 4
Special: 4

Talents:
Shapeshifting: 4

Equipment: Deez Nuts, a bow and arrow, a hunting knife, and a walking stick.
Personality: Thist is very curious, albeit cautious. They are usually shy and reserved, fearing being discovered to be an ooze, only letting those they trust know. Their most frequent "solidsona" is an elf, due to their more androgynous features, though they also have been known to shift into a few of the other solid factions from time to time, obviously being discreet about it.

Backstory:

Thist used to be an ordinary ooze, just rolling over the terrain of the Eternal Forest and gobbling up whatever animated protein source they came across, until one day they rolled into a human village. Curiosity got the better of them, and they stayed, hiding in various nooks and crannies (or, simply shifting to blend in with their surroundings), observing human customs, and listening to the language. Eventually, they came to be very fluent in human language. One day, while rolling around outside the village, they noticed a human hunting party heading for them. With little time to think and no time to escape, they shifted into the form of a human child.

Shockingly, the ruse worked, and the party believed they were a human. Unexpectedly for Thist, the hunters, fearing for the wellbeing of what they believed to be a child, they took Thist into the village, where they were raised by an infertile woman named Carlotta and her husband Mitch. They were so overjoyed to finally have a child that they didn't even care it was an ooze (after they discovered Thist was an ooze, of course). Carlotta and Mitch were great parents, all things considered. They coached Thist in social skills, kept their secret from the rest of the village, and did all the things good parents are supposed to do. That was 30 years ago. Over time, they moved away, explored the world (and themself), and came back to Carlotta and Mitch's house every year or so, until they started to get infirm. Caring for their adopted parents until the end, Thist decided the best way to honor their memories would be to enter the Tournament. So they did.

Accepted.

So far, 100% of the players are playing as sexless creatures. I wonder if this is the first time that has ever happened?

But I made my undead character a female.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 am

Will post tomorrow.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Character Name: Douglas the Dimetrodon
Faction: Dinosaur

Stats:
Offense:
Defense: 5

Talents:
Useful barking:1
Regeneration: 1

Equipment: Big pointy teeth, big pointy claws, a sail thingmy running along his back used either for regulating body temperature or attracting mates.
Personality: A mammal-like reptile who is less-aggressive than King Rex probably.
Backstory: Douglas was found and named by a trio of foolhardy human mages on an exotic hiking trip while on break one springtime at their magical university. They were a bit drunk at the time and offered him some of their rations they had brought with them when the great reptile stumbled into their camp one morning. This was enough to satisfy his hunger, and the group used their amazing intellects to teach him to bark in understandable ways, heal himself a bit, as well as roll over on command. They smuggled him back home when Spring Break was done to keep him as a mascot for their school since the previous one was stolen by their fueutbol rivals.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse