NATION

PASSWORD

The Island (OPEN OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Gotsborg wrote:Both of those would require handwaving, actually. Anyway this is an irrelevant discussion.

ehehahhaha when one done'st want to admit defeat but still wants to move on.

Yeah; I'm not hopeful we'll get along let alone that you'll do anything. My expectations are low as I imagine you'll end up like the others- post once- and then just sit doing nothing. it's kind of frustrating :/

and has me really frustrated :( at first I was just sad but I've been becoming increasingly combative out of this frustration.

:( ... alright I'm sorry about how we've gotten off with one another :(

I've been stuck waiting for an interaction between two characters to progress without having my TGs returned :(

I started this to get more use to being in a diverse group of players as I have for years (really years) been part of the Titans RP Group on NS and we had a falling out two years ago... again I'm sorry. I'm just a bit sick of people adding to the lore and then leaving with one IC post. I get paranoid thinking that's all they wanted to do was add lore and not actually RP- and so I've become more dominating then I was when this OC began :(

sorry I was busy today. I will try to make a post

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:44 pm

Strala wrote:
Harbertia wrote:ehehahhaha when one done'st want to admit defeat but still wants to move on.

Yeah; I'm not hopeful we'll get along let alone that you'll do anything. My expectations are low as I imagine you'll end up like the others- post once- and then just sit doing nothing. it's kind of frustrating :/

and has me really frustrated :( at first I was just sad but I've been becoming increasingly combative out of this frustration.

:( ... alright I'm sorry about how we've gotten off with one another :(

I've been stuck waiting for an interaction between two characters to progress without having my TGs returned :(

I started this to get more use to being in a diverse group of players as I have for years (really years) been part of the Titans RP Group on NS and we had a falling out two years ago... again I'm sorry. I'm just a bit sick of people adding to the lore and then leaving with one IC post. I get paranoid thinking that's all they wanted to do was add lore and not actually RP- and so I've become more dominating then I was when this OC began :(

sorry I was busy today. I will try to make a post

Thank you :) I'm - eh... thank you :) I had to work on Labor Day so- eh... I- alright no excuses I've been moody on the OOC and need to accept that and adapt. It's great to hear from you- I guess I've been very selfish ey?
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Strala wrote:sorry I was busy today. I will try to make a post

Thank you :) I'm - eh... thank you :) I had to work on Labor Day so- eh... I- alright no excuses I've been moody on the OOC and need to accept that and adapt. It's great to hear from you- I guess I've been very selfish ey?

no problem I hope your work was easy for you, also I've been think about making lore the supreme beings and how they can grant a human form to other non-human creatures or how they can bestow powers since I based my character off of Hēidì and he is associated with water and winter

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:49 pm

Strala wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Thank you :) I'm - eh... thank you :) I had to work on Labor Day so- eh... I- alright no excuses I've been moody on the OOC and need to accept that and adapt. It's great to hear from you- I guess I've been very selfish ey?

no problem I hope your work was easy for you, also I've been think about making lore the supreme beings and how they can grant a human form to other non-human creatures or how they can bestow powers since I based my character off of Hēidì and he is associated with water and winter

I look forward to that- heheha not the work of having to add all this lore absent form the OP but reading it :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Googaia
Secretary

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Googaia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 am

I was thinking of giving Terry magic sense since he's a product of SCIENCEMAGIC. I figured that he would have sensitivity in detecting faint and weak magic, while totally insensitive to powerful magic (since beyond the detectable range of his sensory organs).

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Googaia wrote:I was thinking of giving Terry magic sense since he's a product of SCIENCEMAGIC. I figured that he would have sensitivity in detecting faint and weak magic, while totally insensitive to powerful magic (since beyond the detectable range of his sensory organs).

That's fine by me.
Tomorrow is made today.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Ooh this looks pretty cool! Consider this a tag if it’s still open, I’ve got an idea for a talking dog character if that’d be allowed. If not, I can figure something else out.

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:06 pm

I'm currently rewriting Melody's app completely. Also, I edited out the part of the vampire information that started the whole mess, so that can still be used as a reference if anyone else wants a vampire character.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:38 pm

I decided to change the name, as the old one was just that of a character from my NS nation, since I couldn't think of one at the time.

Also, any interactions with my old character are obviously retconned.

Serena Schrade

Serena is a ghost of age 17. She was born in Hetrana, a kingdom with a culture similar to real-life German and Dutch. The only child of a wealthy noble family, she had a comfortable childhood and a good education. She remained very independent in spite of her parents' attempts to make her act like a 'proper lady', often going on ill-advised excursions in the wilderness near her family's home and interacting with lower-class children her age. Eventually her parents came to embrace this, especially her father, who came from a long line of explorers and thinkers.

Shortly after her 17th birthday, she and her parents departed by ship for the island. The island had originally been colonized by Hetrana two centuries ago, but this initial attempt at settlement did not thrive due to illness poor harvests. An unusually powerful hurricane put the final nail in the coffin, forcing the evacuation of the island's remaining residents after it had been inhabited for barely a decade. The Schrade family had been in charge of the colony, and were now sailing to reclaim any belongings and records that might remain in the old manor house, with the permission of the government of Marinea. Marinea had taken control of the island shortly after Hetrana's withdrawal, and is Hetrana's bitter rival, explaining why such a voyage had not been undertaken years earlier. Serena, of course, jumped at her parents' invitation to join them.

In a tragic twist of fate, however, a hurricane not unlike the one that struck the island 200 years ago caused their ship to break apart against the rocks, killing Serena. Serena's soul, however, did not pass onto the afterlife out of fear and due to her uncertainty about her parents' fate, and thus was left on Earth as a ghost. Whether her parents or anyone else aboard survived is unknown.

She has now been on the island for a month, spending most of her time in the crumbling manor house that was to be her destination. She has explored much of the house, but not all of it. Though she was traumatized by the whole ordeal at first, she has calmed down now, but is still very sorrowful by the thought that her parents are probably dead.

Now, she plans to explore the island and the sea around it, seeing this place as her new home. If her parents are alive, she is determined to find them someday.

When alive she had long blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes and wore a white dress, though as a ghost she is completely white.
Last edited by S i t k a on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Ghosts

Ghosts, also called spirits or souls, are the souls of people that have died but have not passed on to the afterlife, due to reasons such as fear of what the afterlife may bring, anger at their death, unwillingness to leave someone on Earth behind, or other 'unfinished business'. A person's soul develops throughout their life and becomes an imprint of their personality and memories, explaining why ghosts retain these even though their brain is no longer alive.

Ghosts are completely white and slightly transparent; most notably, their eyes are uniformly white, with no visible pupils or other markings. Ghosts usually appear wearing the clothes they were wearing when they died, though by learning some simple magic they can change their attire at will. Ghosts can also turn invisible at will, and can fly.

At first, ghosts may have difficulty interacting with the physical world (being seen and heard, moving objects, etc.). They learn through experimentation how to channel their willpower to achieve these things, and it soon becomes natural for them. How long this takes varies; for some ghosts it takes less than a week, but if they are too preoccupied by grief or denial about their death it may take much longer.

Ghosts tend to be viewed warily at best, with hostility at worst. A skilled priest or magic-user can banish them to the afterlife; sometimes this is done in a (usually misguided) attempt to help a ghost reach the afterlife, and sometimes it is done by professional exorcists who remove ghosts as pests. Ghosts can also be trapped within areas or objects.
Last edited by S i t k a on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:06 pm

added
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Whalestron wrote:Ooh this looks pretty cool! Consider this a tag if it’s still open, I’ve got an idea for a talking dog character if that’d be allowed. If not, I can figure something else out.

That's no problem at all.
Tomorrow is made today.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Harbertia wrote:added

Do you think I did a good job on this one?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:13 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Harbertia wrote:added

Do you think I did a good job on this one?

I think you have. It's well done though sad.
Tomorrow is made today.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Harbertia wrote:
S i t k a wrote:Do you think I did a good job on this one?

I think you have. It's well done though sad.

Well, it's hard to make a story about someone becoming a ghost happy. Though I hope to have her make some friends, which should help. Since she can actually go out in the sun like a normal person this time, maybe she'll meet the dragons earlier or something.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:24 pm

S i t k a wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I think you have. It's well done though sad.

Well, it's hard to make a story about someone becoming a ghost happy. Though I hope to have her make some friends, which should help. Since she can actually go out in the sun like a normal person this time, maybe she'll meet the dragons earlier or something.

*shakes self into enthusiasm*
*fails - but tried*
Perhaps and you are right you'll be able to do more with this character. I certainly hope to see the IC moving- *smiles* I did state earlier that I blundered in making that 'light orb' post- I made it before the mermaid character was added and she and the hermit- that post with the cave- would have been perfect to give them both something to do. But since the mermaid post has been made and I did that post such opportunity is past us.
Tomorrow is made today.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Hey guys sorry for my inactivity for the past few days been busy with a few other things. Anyway I will try and get a IC post up soon.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Huckleberry

More commonly referred to as Huck by the locals of the island, Huckleberry is a border collie puppy who was abandoned by his family to be a stray on the streets. He grew up normally enough, friendly and innocently begging for scraps of food. Though the dog had grown older, he remained identical personality-wise to the puppy he’d always acted. That is until one day he stumbled upon a squeaky toy. Unbeknownst to him, the toy was infested by a demonic entity that intended to possess him.

Huck was easy to corrupt, his soul was latched onto by the demon and was quickly followed by his body. The demon was in full control of him, and reveled in the glory of it all. Huckleberry had been the only one gullible enough to give in to the temptations the demon had attempted to use on other occupants of the island.

Though he was in control, the demon had difficulty working the body. He’d almost died due to his lack of knowledge of breathing, nearly starved, and had to learn to walk as if he were a baby. Along with these things he’d brought powers such as dark magic and the ability to speak the human lexicon. Huckleberry was not only a malicious entity of evil and chaos now, but he was operating with a dog's instincts. This meant if someone were to throw a stick, he’d chase it down without a second thought. If someone fed him, he wouldn’t tear their limbs off.

The demon-dog intends to rule over the island. At least, once he can convince anyone with some kind of power to lend a hand to his cause.

Fixed I hope?
Last edited by Whalestron on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I’ll be posting today
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Whalestron wrote:Huckleberry

More commonly referred to as Huck by the locals of the island, Huckleberry is a border collie puppy who was abandoned by his family to be a stray on the streets. He grew up normally enough, friendly and innocently begging for scraps of food. The dog had grown up but was still identical to the innocent pup he was all those years ago, up until some strange sensation washed over him. Huck was taken over by dark thoughts in his mind in which a demon had rooted itself. The dog was steered with malicious intentions to wreak avoc amongst the island's population, all depending on his mood.

If he wanted to hurt someone, he’d hurt someone. If he wanted to actually help someone, he’d to it. His moral compass was askew due to the demon's words and the pup's innocent and good mind from before. During the possession Huck gained many different powers. He became magical, though most of the stuff was dark. He could speak as the humans could and generally understood most of them. And one of the key abilities of his is his keen knack for being unable to die. While the dog can likely take the amount of damage as a few howitzer shots before being critically injured. Huck now roams the island, living in a nondescript alley whenever he needs a break from things.

(I intend to use him without the intent of murderizing anyone in sight, though they’d be able to trick him easily if he tried, and he has all the weaknesses of a dog (if they throw a stick he’ll chase it, a dog whistle will make him writhe around in agony, etc.)

:eyebrow:

.... well... vaguely akin to Peter Puppy's origin in the animated series "Earthworm Jim" but... darker. From your words he's no longer possessed but you don't say how he came not to be possessed or well the status of it all- a bit like that dog from 'Mystery Skulls Animated'.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Hmm, I reckon I’ll head into it later and add another section cause I see what you mean about the whole vague stuff thing. That’s my problem, I rarely proofread my stuff but I honestly should because that would make things infinitely better.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:43 pm

So anyone wanna interacte with my character? She's just basking on the beach.
pros: LGBT Rights, Absolute Monarchy, Socialist, Communist, Left Wing,
Anti: Right Wing, Conservative, Constitutional monarchy/Parliamentary Democracy,

“Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell. They’re all just spokes on a wheel. This one’s on top, then that one’s on top, and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground. I’m not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel." - Daenerys Targaryen

Make America Great Britain Again

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:46 pm

White Bluff wrote:So anyone wanna interacte with my character? She's just basking on the beach.

I'd like to. I'll just have to edit my last post a bit.

I hope Harbertia's okay with that; originally I was going to try to run into the dragons.
Last edited by S i t k a on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:00 pm

S i t k a wrote:
White Bluff wrote:So anyone wanna interacte with my character? She's just basking on the beach.

:)
Tomorrow is made today.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:08 pm

S i t k a wrote:

I hope Harbertia's okay with that; originally I was going to try to run into the dragons.

I’ll probably swing by too, I need something to actually do with my characters anyway.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse