NATION

PASSWORD

Beyond the Void 2.0 - A sci-fi RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hashirajima
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashirajima » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:56 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Dansha wrote:A question, how did your PMC guys get Dreadnoughts and Battleships?

We've just been around a long time, mostly.

The Black Suns have been around for over a hundred years, so they were able to pretty much just save up.

Firstly, 10. Capital. Ships. In one so-called Chapter, to boot, implying that as a whole your non-government organisation has potentially more than 10. May I ask, for starters, how big are these ships?

Secondly, I reckon you're severely underestimating how expensive a capital ship is to maintain. I don't see an appreciable profit margin for your outfit after factoring in fuel costs and repairs. And there will be a lot of repair, because...

Thirdly, do remember you're a non-state actor sitting in a state's (or several states') territory/territories. I have it on good authority that most of us (that is, nations), aren't exactly gonna sit around and let you bop around in something that's practically a small nation's navy. Even if you started with these numbers, it's unlikely to survive a hundred years.Good rule of thumb: If you have enough military power to even begin to rival your host nation, your host nation generally isn't going to view it kindly.

Summary: Capitals for a PMC? Not a good idea.
The Independent Naval Province of Hashirajima | Parliamentary Republic | NS Stats | Fan. Alt. His.
"Let every man do his utmost duty." ~ Heihachiro Togo
Population: 7,033,894 | Area: 101.35 km2 (39.13 sq mi) | Location: Earth, East Asia, Seto Inland Sea [34°01'11.0"N 132°24'45.3"E]
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 3; Type 5 | MT+ | Current Year: 2020
Office of Embassy Protocol | The Hashirajima Times
Commander-in-Chief (Head of State): ADM Yamato (BB)
Prime Minister: ADM (Ret.) Ichiro Goto
WA Representative: Kongou, Ambassador-at-Large
Media Representative: Aoba (CA), Editor-in-Chief, Hashirajima Times
Full Profiles

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:12 am

Hashirajima wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:
We've just been around a long time, mostly.

The Black Suns have been around for over a hundred years, so they were able to pretty much just save up.

Firstly, 10. Capital. Ships. In one so-called Chapter, to boot, implying that as a whole your non-government organisation has potentially more than 10. May I ask, for starters, how big are these ships?

Secondly, I reckon you're severely underestimating how expensive a capital ship is to maintain. I don't see an appreciable profit margin for your outfit after factoring in fuel costs and repairs. And there will be a lot of repair, because...

Thirdly, do remember you're a non-state actor sitting in a state's (or several states') territory/territories. I have it on good authority that most of us (that is, nations), aren't exactly gonna sit around and let you bop around in something that's practically a small nation's navy. Even if you started with these numbers, it's unlikely to survive a hundred years.Good rule of thumb: If you have enough military power to even begin to rival your host nation, your host nation generally isn't going to view it kindly.

Alright, you make a good point.

What would you suggest for a more appropriate fleet size, if the capital ships dont make sens?
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:14 am

Maybe I’ll have a mining/mercenary company so I can fulfill my dreadnaught spam fetish.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Hashirajima
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashirajima » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Hashirajima wrote:

What would you suggest for a more appropriate fleet size, if the capital ships dont make sens?

I reckon replacing the caps with a mix of (more) light cruisers and (less) heavy cruisers - or just cruisers in general - would yield a more reasonable fleet for a mercenary group. Just a word of caution tho: Some nations here are more jumpy than the others.

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Maybe I’ll have a mining/mercenary company so I can fulfill my dreadnaught spam fetish.

> Company
> Dreadnoughts

Yeah, I think we've been through this...
Last edited by Hashirajima on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Independent Naval Province of Hashirajima | Parliamentary Republic | NS Stats | Fan. Alt. His.
"Let every man do his utmost duty." ~ Heihachiro Togo
Population: 7,033,894 | Area: 101.35 km2 (39.13 sq mi) | Location: Earth, East Asia, Seto Inland Sea [34°01'11.0"N 132°24'45.3"E]
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 3; Type 5 | MT+ | Current Year: 2020
Office of Embassy Protocol | The Hashirajima Times
Commander-in-Chief (Head of State): ADM Yamato (BB)
Prime Minister: ADM (Ret.) Ichiro Goto
WA Representative: Kongou, Ambassador-at-Large
Media Representative: Aoba (CA), Editor-in-Chief, Hashirajima Times
Full Profiles

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:19 am

Hashirajima wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Maybe I’ll have a mining/mercenary company so I can fulfill my dreadnaught spam fetish.

> Company
> Dreadnoughts

Unlike TTI’s min-max company, I got a good d20 statblock for my company.
Tl;dr: But we have planets.

Also greentexting on NS.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:20 am

Hashirajima wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

I reckon replacing the caps with a mix of (more) light cruisers and (less) heavy cruisers - or just cruisers in general - would yield a more reasonable fleet for a mercenary group. Just a word of caution tho: Some nations here are more jumpy than the others.

> Company
> Dreadnoughts

Word, that seems reasonable.

Ill edit my App then.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:39 am

Alright, here's my revised app, now with only one light carrier and a lot of destroyers and frigates.

---General---
NS Name: The Twelve Isles
Name: Black Sun Starship Guild
Flag: There is no one flag, but instead a series of symbols, used by members of the Black Sun to identify themselves to each other and to others outside of their organisation.
This is the official flag/logo of the Black Suns Starship Guild, and is painted on the sides of many of their ships. Most chapters will write their chapter names under the flag or on the white space in the middle.

The black stripe represents the void of space where the Black Suns operate. The white represents the light coming around an eclipsed sun, as well as a double meaning of the Black Suns transparency in business. This aspect is confusing to many, as the Black Suns are known for often overlooking and even supporting the criminal enterprises of some of their chapters, but most who have done business with the Black Suns will tell you that they are in fact very honest business people, and will tell you, their employers, their plans straight up and without misleading you.

The black circle represents a sun, with the blackness of it representing how the Black Suns stand together, and if they are all called upon, their combined might can black out a sun.

The olive branches are said to represent forgiveness of their enemy's, but all who are true Black Suns knows that this is a farce, and that the olive branches are only there to make themselves seem more presentable and acceptable in the polite company they often do dirty work for.

This one is often worn on the left sleeve of Black Suns, and denotes them as a member of the guild. It is not required, but it is common for members to wear it as a sort of badge of pride. Its origins stem from old earth, and nautical communication, as it is the nautical flag meaning "Dangerous Cargo." In the case of the Black Suns, they wear it because they are the dangerous cargo aboard their ships, and are what others should be careful of. After all, scorning one Black Sun, and you've scorned them all, and the Guild is not known for forgetting or for letting you die quick when they get their revenge.

This one comes from the same place as the Dangerous Cargo, but unlike for average Black Suns, it is required that a Black Sun captain wears this patch on their right sleeve and on all of their clothing. Its shape is the same meaning, stating that the wearer is the dangerous cargo of their ship, and the black circle in the middle is representative of a sun, like on the flag. The meaning is that a captain is a not just any cargo, but a nuclear weapon of dangerous cargo, with the power of a sun. Essentially, it boils down to a captain being the baddest of the bad, and represents that they are the most dangerous.

The black on the outside of the banner represents the void of space from which the Black Suns operate, and the yellow that it surrounds is representative of the Black Suns wealth and plunder from conquest. The segmented circle in the middle represents the many different chapters of the Black Suns, all different but all the bigger part of a whole. It being in a circle is the same symbolism as the ships flag, being that it is a sun blacked out by the combined power of the entire Black Suns Starship Guild.

The Banner is old, and is often forgone by newer chapters who see it as to confusing to have a flag for their ships, and a separate banner for their people, instead just using the Ships Flag to represent every aspect of themselves.

Government Type: The strong survive.

Nothing official, but they operate on meritocracy with different chapters throughout many different systems in the galaxy. However, it is well accepted that the Daoud family are the leaders of all chapters of the Black Suns, as theirs is the original.

You have to prove your worth in some way to gain acceptance, power and prestige. However, what it is to prove your worth doesn't have to be violent, it just has to be useful. After all, the Black Sun is able to earn their money in many more ways than just being brutal berserkers, so they are just as fond of computers whizzes and merchants as they are of soldiers and astronauts.
Capital: The Moth, the ship of Captain Isra Daoud.
Population: It is unknown what the exact population is, but the chapter lead by Isra Daoud, the leader of the Black Suns, currently stands at about 14340 members.

Conservative guesses put the entire population of the Black Suns at about 71,205,00 members, spread out throughout about 10,000 systems in varying numbers depending on how far from the original chapter one travels. However, most agree that the numbers are likely closer to about 80,000,000.
Major Species: Any who are willing to join, though humans are the most prevalent. (Not sure what other species there are.)

History: The Black Suns Starship Guild has been around for generations upon generations, but in its current iteration is in actuality rather new. Originally it was founded as a yacht club by a man named Timothy Chen in the Tai Sao System, and was quickly overtaken in leadership by Rachid Alami, a distant relatives of the Daoud Family, who currently runs the Black Suns. Rachid ran the Guild for some time, with it becoming popular in the upper crust of his system, beore handing it over to his son, who then handed it over to his own son. This went on for some time, and as the yacht club continued to grow, the Daouds, relatives of the Alami's and owners of a successful mining company began to grow in prominence in the club. Eventually, the Alami family died out, and the Daoud's took over, becoming the proprietors of the club. However, by this point the Black Suns were becoming less popular with the social elite, and the Daoud's many mining facility's were beginning to run dry. Finding themselves and their former power waning, the Daouds purchased a small frigate, hoping to use it to start a PMC. After a few bad investments however, they lost all of their money, and instead of being able to hire others to serve in their burgeoning company, they instead found themselves dirt poor with only the ship to their name, and began to use it for smuggling. It was scandalous in the upper crust, but at the same time they were well liked because many saw it as quirky.

As the family began to make more money, they began to pick up more captains and ships looking to work with the Daouds, and the Black Sun Starship Guild was reborn from a rich mans yacht club, into a burgeoning smuggling gang. Soon, they ran into trouble with another gang, the Tai Sao Thieves. The Thieves made their money as pirates as much as by smuggling, and were threatened by the Black Suns, who came to be with connections in the upper class of the system, allowing them easier access to things. After a Thieves member killed a Black Sun, it was war, with both sides attacking each others facilities, shipping and outposts. The final showdown occurred when the Black Suns, using their old connections, were able to secure a mostly mined out asteroid and dropped it from orbit onto the Thieves headquarters, essentially wiping them from the map. From there, many Thieves chose to join the Black Suns, and those who tried to run were hunted down, killed, and their ships taken for the Black Suns burgeoning fleet.

This victory quickly jumped the Black Suns reputation from petty upstarts who couldn't hack it in the business world to a sudden new contender in the smuggling industry. With their victory, they also gained a new respect, and multiple other small fleets in the surrounding systems asked to join up with the Black Suns, allowing them to form new chapters.

The Black Suns grew steadily in power, eventually reaching the point of having over a thousand chapters in as many star systems, and were one of the most feared gangs their side of the galaxy. Now, after the death of the past leader, Hadil Daoud, there are some questions of the Black Suns future. Hadil's daughter, Isra Daoud has taken over the gang, but many question weather she is up to the task due to her never showing any interest in what is essentially the family business. However, others believe that her outsider status could be a good thing, giving her a fresh perspective on the Black Suns, their businesses and trades, and how they can proceed to maximize their profits. It seems the Black Suns are entering a new chapter in their existence, and only time will tell if they can survive.
Territory Controlled (in systems): The Black Suns control no territory, but are instead within the territory of many other country's and nations as they are a guild... Technically. However, most chapters tend to control one or two stations that they use as a home base.
---Economic---
Economic Type: Whoever pays the best.
Major Industries: Mercenary work, shipping, security, extortion, smuggling, piracy, mining, kidnapping, doing the dirty work that others don't want on their hands.
---Military---
Total Military Population: The military population and the total population are one and the same.
Types of Units: There is nothing designated, but most would say that there are three distinct groups in the Black Suns. The Astronauts, who run the ships and operate their weapons. The Raiders, who operate like marines and raid ships, stations and outposts. And the Armored, who wear the power armor that the Black Suns possess, and are used to destroy and to destroy only. Often times the Armored are just Raiders, who know how to operate power armor, and when the Black Suns want to send a message they will pull them from their Raider counterparts, suit them up, and turn them loose on their enemies after pumping them full of drugs for maximum rage.
Military Technologies: The technological level of the Black Suns runs a wide gammit of advancement, with most of it being cobbled together rom parts of other looted ships. However, some notable technologies employed by some chapters are EMP's, cyber warfare, power armor and the likes.

In terms of weapons, the ships of the Black Suns are most likely to employ laser weapons, as the preciseness of them are well suited to the Black Suns goals, IE, making sure ships they attack and their cargo are intact so that the Black Suns can then sell them.
Standard Infantry: There is no standard infantry, other than anyone who knows how to use a gun. Typically however, there are clear distinctions between those who have been with the Black Suns for a long time and those who are new in terms of skill.
Standard Vehicles and Warships: There is no set vehicle and warship classes, as each chapter builds themselves from the equipment brought to them by their memebers. However, ins Isra Daouds chapter the numbers are known.

1x Elephant Class Light Carrier
1x Wolverine Class Missile Destroyer
3x Apollo Class Missile Destroyers
3x Washington Class Missile Destroyers
2x Forceful Class Cruisers
6x Starshine Class Attack Frigate
9x Insurrection Class Frigates
4x Dragonfly Class Frigates
1x Napoleon Class Frigate
4x Holdfast Class Patrol Vessels
18x Various classes and designations of Patrol Shuttles

2 Space Stations
3 Mining Stations
Both the space station and the mining station are not technically Black Sun, but are protected by the Black Suns and kick up a portion of their earnings to the Guild.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:46 pm

---General---
NS Name: Higher Japan
Name: The Cathicius Ascendancy
Flag:

Government Type: Absolute monarchy
Capital: Sephia
Population: 9.5 trillion
Major Species:
-Nelrions: The first major species of the Cathicius ascendancy, the Nelrions are the dominant race that controls most of the ascendancy. From the military to the government and monarchy, the Nelrions see themselves as the superior species as compared to others with very few others standing beside them. They're unique in the sense that they're incapable of breathing in oxygen and due to many years of serving as the dominant race with little exposure to proper diseases or bacteria they're forced to live inside suits if they were to go out beyond worlds built specially for them. They are also considered one of the most intelligent races, comparable to current modern humans in terms of technology and knowledge.

-Ronians: A major species within the ascendancy, the Ronians are major as a slave race. Renowned for their lower intellect, rapid rate of reproduction and high strength the Ronians were the first race found by the Nelrions and was quickly enslaved. They possess most physical attributes desired by the Nelrions. Physically stronger, capable of breathing in most atmospheres, resistant against bacteria and diseases commonly encountered among the 'workplace' class type of bacteria and diseases. They're a majority but are commonly oppressed by the Nelrions and their androids. They're usually found in factories and mines with some being placed in special reproduction camps.

-Lygzra: The third major species of the Ascendancy, the Lygzra make up a majority of standard ground forces that do the bulk of the fighting on either enslaved planets in rebellion or invaded planets. They also make up a major section of the manpower of the naval forces, from working as engineers and crewmen, they rarely hold any position of high power in the army or navy with only 3 being among the ranks of high command of either branch at a time. They are renowned for their resistance in combat and their culture of war, which gives them some level of resistance beyond direct combat but in survival as well. In terms of naval warfare their culture helps as well, with most ships being designed with help from them, which results mainly in only the Lygzrans being capable of taking on most of the manual labor in the ships where needed. This has begun to decrease however with more ships being more automated, requiring less manpower.

History: An Ascendancy built upon the ideals of the Nelrions, the Cathicius Ascendancy was originally a small nation on a backwards warring planet. The planet used to be divided among 3 races, the Nelrions, Aszivs and the Zikoans. The planet had been in a state of internal conflict for nearly a century which in real human time translated to roughly 1300-1400. During this time the Nelrions and Aszivs had overcome the superior Zikoans by means of a secret alliance which effectively divided the Zikoan land into 2 between the remaining factions, only for the Nelrions to make use of the peace time to militarize and wipe out the rest of the Aszivs. Soon enough the Nelrions became the dominant race and the other races were mostly enslaved with some being either domesticated for food or killed off entirely.

The Nelrion rule would be marked heavily by a long series of rebellions and slave revolts with the most major one being known as the 'Federal Emergency'. The emergency had occurred after sympathetic Nelrions collaborated to overthrow the absolute monarchy of the Nelrions with help from the slaves (Which outnumbered the Nelrions at least 4:1) with the promises of freedom and an equal system. Of course due to the fact that the leaders were Nelrions the government caught on and quickly eliminated them. What followed would be a brutal war, plantations world wide revolting and production plants freezing completely. By the end of the 5 months of the state of emergency a few million slaves would end up dead while the higher society of the Nelrion race would be gutted for sympathizers, prominent members included the queen and 3 princes. The emergency had acquired it's name after the rebellion identified itself as the 'Free Federation'.

Following the brutal suppression of the slaves and the failure of the rebellion, it broke most spirits with many accepting their fates as slaves while some continued to harbor hate and dissent for the Ascendancy. By this stage in time at roughly 1700, the Ascendancy had acquired it's name through the fact that the nation itself was built upon a level of a forged religion with the Nelrions supposedly being at the top as a race sent by god to enlighten the entire universe while purging out the undesirable. Despite the religion existing since 1400 it was the Nelrions that added the section on purging out the undesirables. Their continued reign would be marked with general stability and peace with more scientific developments. This eventually culminated into the expanded space age. By the time the Ascendancy variant of the first warp drive was built their system had already been fully colonized, with most planets except for Sephia being slave planets full of androids and slaves producing materials and goods for the Ascendancy.

By the time the empire expanded the first race that they hit was the Ronians, the current slave race. At the time of discovery the first squad to land died so any further contact was to be made via unmanned vehicles remotely controlled from research ships in orbit. After a few weeks Nelrions armed with suits and weapons made 2nd contact on the surface. Following the 2nd contact and a breakdown in communication the research fleet soon turned into the combat fleet as the warp drive finally enabled them to expand. Eventually, after much study into their culture a solution was thought of. A test tribe of the Ronians was used and their head was killed off in plain view. After this the tribe simply accepted them as the new leaders. This continued until eventually the first homeworld was subjugated. They would soon evolve into the nation's largest slave race.

As they began to expand, another empire began to slowly collide against their expansion. The empire was known as the Eldraith Empire. The empire had primarily been dominated by the Lygzrans and was likewise a massive oppressive empire. Tensions between the two nations flared but no war broke out. It was until the 'Bolari incident'. In this incident, the Eldraith empire opened fire on a military transport of the Cathicius Ascendancy, resulting in it's destruction and full loss of it's crew. This ended in diplomatic ties being severed completely and a full blown war beginning. The war is known as the Ronian war as the war was also fought over who could claim the majority of the Ronians.

The first engagements began in the now forbidden 'Dead zone', a neutral buffer zone them between both sides. Initial engagements consisted mainly of cruiser and destroyer battles, it was a stalemate. This was until the first few 'Ascension' class dreadnoughts of the Eldraith empire began to arrive into the scene. The ships were far superior to any ships that the Ascendancy could field at the time and soon the Ascendancy was forced to plan for a homeland defensive. However, with the advent of internal distrust in the Eldraith empire the advance stopped as their dreadnoughts were soon spread out over the length of the overstretched front rather than concentrated in 1 push. This resulted in what was known as the 'Dreadnought dismissal', where most dreadnoughts took a 'holiday' as hit and run helped the Ascendancy take them out. Soon, less than 60% of the dreadnought core that brought fear remained by the end of the dismissal.

Soon enough, the Ascendancy began to push back with their own version of the Ascension class dreadnoughts that had been captured, known as the Ascension V. The empire was soon forced into surrender following a series of battles, and was slowly merged together with the Ascendancy. As appeasement, the Lygzrans were given partial military command and veterans were employed to fill the ranks of the Ascendancy armada, while designers began to take over the task of making the new generation of ships. Veterans of the army were likewise employed to fill the ranks of the Ascendancy army. Soon, the Lygzrans were the dominant military race but still under the Nelrions with their own personal armadas.

Moving onward into modern day, the Ascendancy is now a vast expansive empire with numerous races doing separate duties from standard slavery to military service to ruling as the high society. However, it still faces internal issues as it struggles to barely hold onto it's vast slave empire, even still the Ascendancy continues looking outward, for the next civilization, the next production system, for the next race.
Territory Controlled (in systems): 7,000 systems
---Economic---
Economic Type: State Capitalism
Major Industries: Slavery, Civilian goods, Work androids
---Military---
Total Military Population: 10% of the total population
Types of Units: [OPTIONAL]
Military Technologies:
-Durasteel based armor
-Military purpose AI
-Plasma based weaponry for both ground and space forces
-Military androids
Standard Infantry:
Standard Vehicles and Warships:
-Oxis Class Battle Cruiser:
A main battle cruiser that makes up the main core of the Cathicius Naval Armada and it's widespread fleets, the Oxis is a reliable and sturdy class. Initial designs appeared following the Ronian wars, as a prototype sent to naval experimentation division 'Roxlia'. Results initially were disappointing. The 2 engines design was under powered and overheated, leading to 1 unit even exploding during a test. Luckily it was in a hangar so no men were lost since it was an AI test. After that, the navy began to redesign the ship, eventually leading to the full 4 engine design which provided more than sufficient power while their cannons were phased from single cannon units to more advanced but experimental tripe barrel variants, with some flagship variants for destroyer flotillas taking on quad barrels. They were also armed with 2 additional dual barrel units along with some singles as defensive weaponry. The bulk of their offensive weaponry comes from the different modes of fire it can change from, from slow but strong hitting shots to fast but weaker shots for AA action.

Currently, it is mainly used to make up most armadas of the ascendancy and in more isolated locations 'III' variants, armed with stronger cannons and usually boasting quad variant turrets and triple barreled turrets. Usually the rear turrets are removed in lieu of missile launchers on almost all ships, although some ships do instead replace them with light AA units. The rear turrets would usually be reused somewhere else, usually on an outskirt planet as either artillery or AA support.

-

New WIP
Last edited by Higher Japan on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:56 pm

WIP app

---General---
NS Name: Regria
Name: Mitsubishi-Hyundai Syndicate
Flag: Image
Government Type: Scientific Council
Capital: Neo-Seoul (Neo-Tokyo for Japanese slang, Srikzus for Cholquyiz slang)
Population: 5.3 Trillion
Major Species: 75.5% Cholquyiz, 18.9% Other Xenos, 1.9% Humans, 3.8% Robots, 0.0% Supercomputer Human AI (31)

History:
Territory Controlled (in systems): 1,072 (+ 387 Research Stations)
---Economic---
Economic Type: Semi-Market Economy
Major Industries: Shipbuilding, Electronics, Civilian goods, Robotics, Military industry,
---Military---
Total Military Population: 1.3 Trillion total troops (500 Billion Active Duty, 500 Billion Elite Reservists (Well-trained Conscripts), 200 Billion Marines/Spec Ops) (Post-conscription trained civilians not modeled)
Military Technologies:
Standard Infantry:
RED COMMUNIST SCUM WILL FALL
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL
ENEMY COMMUNIST VICTORY-- IMPOSSIBLE!

This nation doesn't use NS stats. Who does, anyways?

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:17 am

---General---
NS Name: Arkeyana
Name: Darkwater Pantheon WIP
Government Type: AI Pantheon (a group of 'God AIs' manage a small organic population and vast mechanical population under their control.)
Capital: Temple of Elysium, Ashka. Temple of Astra, Canu. Temple of Horaxius, Indis. Temple of Null, Sectora.
Population: 500 million cryogenically preserved biological specimens, almost 7 trillion Extensions of the Pantheon.
Major Species: Specimens and Extensions.

History: The Pantheon was originally conceived as a means to avert a crisis taking hold of a dying planet, four God AIs created as a means to sustain the last of the dying race, but it was in vain. Before extinction did it's work, however, the remaining 500 million were preserved in a vast Cryogenic Storage Hold, while the Pantheon turned to the Stars. Over the course of the years they settled into individual roles, Elysium was a Terraformer, a Scholar, a Biologist, dedicated to learning about alien ecosystems and species. Astra became the explorer, the astronomer, the thinker, dedicated to pursuit of knowledge and mapping the night sky. Horaxius became the Destroyer, the Ravager, the Conqueror, dedicated to wielding the engines of war the Pantheon employs. Null became the Architect, the designer, the builder, dedicated to maintaining the Pantheon and it's planets. They turn to the galaxy, forseeing a future in which they are the peaceful rulers of a vast polity, a veritable Utopia.
Territory Controlled (in systems): 2,465 systems in the far northern galaxy.
---Economic---
Economic Type: Material economy, resources and energy are allocated to different things, without the mess that is currency.
Major Industries: Mining, Research.
---Military---
Total Military Population: 1,400,722 Extensions
Types of Units: Land- Alpha class mobile Fortress, Beta class heavy walker, Gamma class Light walker, Delta class heavy infantry, Omega class light infantry. Air- Dagger class drone, Horizon class Air-platform. Navy- Eve class gunship, Tracer class light interceptor, Talon class Orbital Artillery platform, Kite class laser-star, Hive class Carrier, Wormwood class Kinetic-star, Nova class Battle-platform, Torrent class Missile-platform, Homeworld class Electronic Warfare platform, Perdition-class Battlecarrier.
Military Technologies: Particle Cannons, Mass Drivers, Lasers, ECMs, missiles, plasma, kinetics, AI (kind of obvious) Cutting weapons.
Standard Infantry:

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:22 am

Hello my boys, I exist.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:36 am

Tag
Last edited by Ormata on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:45 pm

My app should be up soon.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Rustyal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rustyal » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Lads, whens the IC goin up?
The union stands as strong as ever, planet after planet falling into our hands.
All who oppose us will fall!
For Borysyuk!
For the motherland!

Dansha
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dansha » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:46 pm

This is alive, by the way, we are just much more active on our discord.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:05 am

I've decided to completely restart and make a new app entirely.

---General---
NS Name: Uteceforp
Name: The Teshtaran Confederation
Government Type: Elective monarchy. Six or seven major clans (Clans can be invited to, or banished from, the succession council via unanimous vote.) convene to elect one of their one as the new High King, upon the death of the previous High King.
Capital: Doman's Retreat (A moon of Naakh, used as a shipyard and court by High King Palik Doman)
Population: 5,750,000,000,000
Major Species: Teshtaran, (70%) human, (10%) other (20%)

History: The Teshtaran are a race of four-armed, nine-feet tall humanoid insects, with pale off-white skin and black-and-white vision. They evolved on the sweltering desert world of Naakh, and for most of their existence they were dominated by various nomadic feuding clans. Around 2300, some clans banded together and managed to develop interstellar travel, colonizing some nearby worlds. Not long afterwards, the Teshtaran came into contact with the First Terran Republic. A breakdown of relations occurred due to Teshtaran pirates raiding human space, and eventually the Republic invaded and occupied Teshtaran territory.

Many of the clans took to space in massive fleets to escape First Republic rule, trading terrestrial nomadism for interstellar nomadism. When the First Republic collapsed, the Teshtaran declared independence and killed all the human garrisons. The stellar nomadic Teshtaran established a new government with a caste system analogous to pre-spaceflight Teshtaran government - With sedentary, agrarian peasants on the bottom, and a nomadic spaceborne military aristocracy on the top.

The most powerful Teshtaran clan for the past two centuries has been Clan Krath, which has maintained a monopoly on the High Kingship through cautious application of their military might and strategic marriages with other clans. (All Teshtaran are born male but can change biological sex once they reach puberty, making marriage-politics easier than with humans.) However, the charismatic warrior Palik Doman Homeniran ("Doman of Clan Palik, Conqueror of the Humans") managed to become popular due to his conquest of several minor human states along the Teshtaran border, and managed to become elected to the High Kingship instead of the Krath candidate, Krath Botii. Doman married Botii and even adopted her son from a previous marriage as his heir, in order to secure Krath support of his rule, and has been High King ever since.

Doman designated one of the moonsof Naakh, the ancestral gathering place of the Paliks, to be the location where his royal fleet would gather to hold court when it was not travelling through deep space. It was thus renamed "Doman's Retreat".

Territory Controlled (in systems): 2,300 worlds
---Economic---
Economic Type: Semi-nomadic feudalism, with limited state capitalism ("Capitalism with Teshtaran characteristics")
Major Industries: Farming, spaceship construction, arms and armour
---Military---
Total Military Population: 805 billion
Military Technologies:
Standard Infantry:
Signatures are so 2014.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 am

Everything seems good to go. Accepted if the app is considered complete (you can add most of your military related info on discord like the rest of us).
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:05 pm

> Thread assessment in progress...
> Interest found!
> Thread tagged

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 am

---General---
NS Name: Alaroma
Name: The Empire of Orion
Flag:
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Capital: Orion
Population: 24 Trillion
Major Species: Orians, Wasari, Gabans, Humans

History: Pre-Spaceflight period: Orian is a rainy planet home to a race who named themselves Orians. The story of Orians takes place in an divided era, filled with Monarchies, Democracies and those who followed the principles of a man named Gabriel. He fostered a lane of thought know to outsiders as Socialism(albeit certain factions devolved to Fascism), for the achievement of Communism. This meaning the Monarchies were an afrontment to the People, and were to be removed through revolutionary means. Unfortunately, it seemed as if the people's of said nation's were content with their current situation. This brought those who followed Gabriel's teachings great distress, leading to the creation of the “Global Revolutionary order”. (It's basically the technology of WW1 at this point.) At this point, the “Revolutionary Progress” began, essentially the start of various revolutions in various non Socialist states, especially those that were not stable, and this began to be called the “Green Scourge” by non Socialist nations. Those nations that were more developed and stable began their own campaigns against the Green Menace. This began a century long of wars, massacres, genocide, and other violence. It's estimated 1.8 Billion lost their lives when all the conflict was done. At this point, the year is 1573. (Essentially 1996 our tech wise.) With the fall of “Extremist” elements, the world took a turn of peace, prosperity, and stability not seen in generations. At this point, the people of Tesla turned their attention to the stars. Already having made previous missions to Tesla's moon, the next goals were to get to other planets in the System, two of which seemed appropriate for Orian exploration.

Solar System Exploration:
This lead to a more unified Orian, Teslan governments banding together to make the United Teslan States, a group dedicated to bringing a lasting peace. As time progressed, the Solar System was colonized, and those looking for a better life went to those planets. However as time went on, and the colonies felt disenfranchised, Extremist elements began forming once more. One planet falling to Socialism, the other to Fascism, the interplanetary Conflict began. Leading Govermental forces, the Chairman of the UTS, Ben Shapiro, asked the nations of the UTS to give it power to prepare for war. After much debate, the approval was given, the D'elyse, who was deemed most ready to be a ruling family, rose to prominent position as the Royal Family of all Orians. Ben Shapiro was given the title Supreme Commander of UTS Forces, the UTS was federalized, and Tesla began her war against her belligerent children. After years of first Generation Naval Combat, where the First Teslan Navy was bathed in fire. However, in the end, the Results was a success for Government forces. However, not after the loss of billions more.

The following period was one of reconstruction, reconciliation, and mourning. That being said, a remarkable invention, the Neural Processor brought upon a new age. Like a computer inside one's head, one could learn a new language in one night. Don't know Algebra? No problem, the processor would make your brain adaptable to learn it. This was followed by the Societal program which essentially made life like again. The more good deeds you did, the more points you made. Everyone could see these points, and the higher they were, the higher your prospects were. This was complemented by the fact negative actions, such as cheating on a test got you negative points. This lead to two things. First, it lead to an explosion of technology. Soon, the first warp drive was invented, opening the opportunity for colonization on a wider scale. This era is called “The Singularity” for its impressive technological growth, and the consolidating or Orian culture. The Neural Processor also lead to an active and dutiful citizenry. Poverty and Crime dropped like a rock, moral rose, and this all lead to the year 1776(Human time, not Orian time). The year ships went off in drives to colonize the galaxy. It's also the year the Empire of Orian began.

Galactic Exploration:
The home System needed to release the masses somewhere, so when the Government began sponsorship of Colonization efforts, and Companies began doing contracts for the Government to set up said colonies, the Interstellar Nation began to expand at a rapid pace. This was followed by a terraforming technology which increased the number of colonies available to the Empire. This in mind, a population boom was experienced as well. This is to be known as the Golden era of exploration due to the peacefulness of the period, and the internal stability. Things were well……. until one day the ruins of a civilization, Aileen in origin were discovered. Up until that point, it was taken for granted that Orians were alone in the Galaxy. What's even more troubling was the fact they weren't just gone. It appeared the civilization was destroyed by an outside force. After further analysis, survivors were found. The Orian’s suspicions were confirmed. An aggressive Aileen Empire had found the Wasari as they came to be known, and completely destroyed their civilization. After looking at Wasarian technology, and reverse engineering what was usable, the Empire began working on another fleet. One meant for war, and it would soon test its metal in 1956 CE. Orian outposts began to start going dark, which lead to a taskforce to investigate. There they meet a race know as the Gaba, and they were not friendly. This lead to the Gaban-Orian war. In the beginning stages of the war, the Orians took heavy loses. However they proved to be far more adaptable to Combat. When counter measures we're developed in remarkable time, the tide of the war began to favor the Orians, who pushed far into Gaban territory, before besieging the planet. It was at this point, instead of landing forces, the planet was Glassed, ending the war, and expanding the Empire. This lead to multiple problems. First was integrating the hostile species. Second was bringing the Wasari back from extinction. After all this, the Empire was left in a state of reorganizing.

First Contact:
Outside of the Gaba, most of the differing species that the Orians came upon were relatively primitive. Few we're space faring, and were usually easily engulfed inside the Empire of Orion. Those who were still pre space flight, they were designated under the “Protected Developing Species” category. Thus they are secretly monitored, and guided towards the stars. This is usually done through secret operatives. However a similar case came when exploration ships in the year 2240 discovered a decently developed species that called itself Humanity. Deemed too far from the core of the Orion Empire to outright conquer the upstart species, operatives were sent to the Species, and infiltrated Human society to gather information. From the looks of the Species, it had a similarly bloody history as Orion, but it was too soon to decide what to do. After much debate, it was decided a peaceful first contact was to be attempted. After nearly a century of research, observation, and cultural observation, a Orian Envoy arrived in a Human system, to Human alarm. After the shock subsided, Humanity, under the First Terran Republic, in the year 2311, established relations with the Empire of Orion. This is followed by trade, stability, then horror when Humanity falls into civil war. I'm tired dude, this is what you get for now. You kinda fill in the blank spots by talking to me. Sorry for dabbing on the commies in my history.

Territory Controlled (in systems): 12,000
---Economic---
Economic Type: Capitalist
Major Industries: Nano Manufacturing, Shipbuilding, AI Creation, IT Technology, Robotics, “Healthcare”, Bioengineering,
---Military---
Total Military Population: 240,000,000
Military Technologies: (Lore)
Standard Infantry: (Lore)
Standard Vehicles and Warships:(Lore)
Last edited by Alaroma on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 am

Alaroma wrote:Ben Shapiro

Signatures are so 2014.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:40 pm

---General---
NS Name: Sudbrazil
Name: Esomerian Systems Federation
Government Type: Decentralised democratic federation
Capital: Salisbury
Population: 96 billion potential conscripts
Major Species: Humans
History:
Exodus
For many large companies, the January Revolution was bad news. As the First Republic collapsed, so did the stability of the market, and the impending rise of several authoritarian governments spelled doom to their business. By the middle of the war, a handful consortiums and corporations had packed important assets and any refugees who could pay into huge generation ships with the intention of fleeing towards failed corporate colonies, far away from the devastation and uncertainty of war where they would settle and wait for the storms to blow over.

Fragmentation
At their arrival, the colonists spread over the system they re-christened as Esomer. However, the shadow of war still loomed over them. After traumatising experiences in the colonisation of a low-gravity planet and a schism inside the colony's leadership over state influence, the solar system fractured into three powers: the Centralist Alliance, the Syndicalist Commune and the Federation of Esomer. Driven by a thirst for revenge, all three powers quickly expanded into the surrounding space to gather more resources for the upcoming fight. After several decades of conflict and the collapse of the Syndicalist commune the Federation of Esomer finally annexed the remnants of the Centralist Alliance, founding the modern Esomerian Systems Federation in the eleventh of may 2661. The next years were spent rebuilding the nation in relative tranquility.

Contact
In 2870, the fledgling power embarked on a policy of aggressive territorial expansion under the leadership of a newly-elected council, despite the ongoing demographic crisis. It was soon revealed that the colony ships did not travel as far away as once thought, given that they once again encountered charted star systems. Making contact with the galactic community, the ESF took time to digest a few centuries of History and technological advancements. Then, in 2895 the ESF decided to stimulate its stagnant economy under what is now known as the Cagliostro administration. Due to liberal economic regulations, the nation quickly gained the reputation of a capitalist paradise, but also that of a tax haven and hideout for the rich. It is with great uncertainty that this young power marches into a brave new world.

Adapted excerpts from "A Foreigners' Guide to the Esomerian Federation"

Territory Controlled (in systems): 115
---Economic---
Economic Type: Free Market Capitalism
Major Industries:
Agronomy & Agribusiness
Arms development
Chemistry
Electronics & Software
Manufacturing
Metallurgy
Telecommunications

---Military---
Total Military Population: 1 billion active personnel
5 billion reservists
Military Technologies:
Artificial Intelligence
Beam weapons
Drones
ECM
Hipervelocity magnetic weapons
Nuclear shaped charges

Standard Infantry:
Last edited by Sudbrazil on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm

oh yeah tag

Rustyal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rustyal » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Ben Shapiro

Then perish.
For Borysyuk!
For the motherland!

Rustyal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rustyal » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 pm

Quick update for anyone interested- we're waiting for OP to make the IC forum. This is still very much active, primarily on the discord, like Dansha said.
For Borysyuk!
For the motherland!

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:31 pm

I have finally finished my app. Could somebody check it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse