NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:24 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:Looks like I have to think carefully now that my scout is missing and I have to make a decision between abandoning two if my tribe members in their home because if sending soldiers, or staying.

But wait, I have been thinking of a story idea. Is it possible to gain magic if I started doing more rituals and prayers to my God for my tribe

Lordaeron certainly got some magic via belief.

Does that mean Honori can into magics?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:26 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

Does that mean Honori can into magics?

You'll need a concrete belief base before things start happening. Or they'll probably start cropping up at random either way.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Does that mean Honori can into magics?

You'll need a concrete belief base before things start happening. Or they'll probably start cropping up at random either way.

Cool beans. So like, the current shamanism / two gods isn't specific enough, or do I need to make like some more larger offerings, or what exactly?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am

Cool beans. So like, the current shamanism / two gods isn't specific enough, or do I need to make like some more larger offerings, or what exactly?

More give me something defined to pin down. Your offerings at present and the gods seem mainly devoted to luck, which is a pretty vague concept, and difficult to implement. Like predicting the future- not really something I can put in the RP, since I can't actually predict the future.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:56 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Cool beans. So like, the current shamanism / two gods isn't specific enough, or do I need to make like some more larger offerings, or what exactly?

More give me something defined to pin down. Your offerings at present and the gods seem mainly devoted to luck, which is a pretty vague concept, and difficult to implement. Like predicting the future- not really something I can put in the RP, since I can't actually predict the future.

I could see predicting the future is easy, just conclude the most likely course of action. :p

Knowing the future is more improbable the predicting the future, that being said, giving details of a region nearby should be possible, "I see a great valley in your future," or something like that.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:03 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Arent you supposed to make your own tribe ?

Tribe or char, to prevent overpopulation of the map the OP often doesn't allow the creation of a tribe.

Well so now i can only be a bunch of people working for a chief?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:08 am

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Tribe or char, to prevent overpopulation of the map the OP often doesn't allow the creation of a tribe.

Well so now i can only be a bunch of people working for a chief?

Nah. One guy. But that dude or dudette can be trying to forge their own tribe.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:16 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Looks like I have to think carefully now that my scout is missing and I have to make a decision between abandoning two if my tribe members in their home because if sending soldiers, or staying.

But wait, I have been thinking of a story idea. Is it possible to gain magic if I started doing more rituals and prayers to my God for my tribe

Praise the Light!
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:17 am

Skarten wrote:Well so now i can only be a bunch of people working for a chief?

So question- my Shamaness has been praying for things like protection during pregnancy and the people have been praying for good crops, would this be considered kind of magic? Like, will asking for these things actually help my odds of such good things, or is it all useless? Does RNGsus get a buff for divine favor?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:22 am

Are the gods even real? I know someone asked earlier but I'm just making sure.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:24 am

So question- my Shamaness has been praying for things like protection during pregnancy and the people have been praying for good crops, would this be considered kind of magic? Like, will asking for these things actually help my odds of such good things, or is it all useless? Does RNGsus get a buff for divine favor?

RNGsus isn't a genie; more of a, hmm, flea-market salesman.

So things like prayers are liable to be worth their weight in mass sacrificed and time spent. The odd muttered oath is about as effective as odd muttered oaths are in our present day.

Novas Arcanum wrote:Are the gods even real? I know someone asked earlier but I'm just making sure.

Clap your hands if you believe.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:26 am

So things like prayers are liable to be worth their weight in mass sacrificed and time spent. The odd muttered oath is about as effective as odd muttered oaths are in our present day.

Novas Arcanum wrote:Are the gods even real? I know someone asked earlier but I'm just making sure.

So... My art may make him happy if I decorate RNGsus' shrine with it?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:30 am

Hallelujah! Praise Arkane! :clap:
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:52 am

Mhm,so i app as 1 Guy in an already existing tribe, right?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:59 am

Odd uttered oaths? I would imagine they would be real if said person said something like, "I swear on my life, and if I do not uphold then let god strike me down." Makes no sense if you have to sacrifice a chap to divinely punish a chap. But that may get abused (like forcing chars to affirm countless oaths)
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:01 am

Skarten wrote:Mhm,so i app as 1 Guy in an already existing tribe, right?

That or solo it like a boss.

Clan Bryre welcomes all, but you don't have to pick us. We welcome anybody willing to join our tribe, however we will not push hard. The only requirement in our tribe is that you serve the tribe loyally.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 am

So I'm guessing shrines can be used as focuses for magic and magic advancement?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Odd uttered oaths? I would imagine they would be real if said person said something like, "I swear on my life, and if I do not uphold then let god strike me down." Makes no sense if you have to sacrifice a chap to divinely punish a chap. But that may get abused (like forcing chars to affirm countless oaths)

Yeah, no. A very basic premise of functional magic is that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Unless your society has a long and storied tradition of, say, contract magic, an individually voiced oath would only have the force of whatever their honor is worth.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:20 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Mhm,so i app as 1 Guy in an already existing tribe, right?

That or solo it like a boss.

Clan Bryre welcomes all, but you don't have to pick us. We welcome anybody willing to join our tribe, however we will not push hard. The only requirement in our tribe is that you serve the tribe loyally.

Eh,idk,maybe.
I had some ideas that required some particular resources if i was to make my own tribe but whatever I guess
Last edited by Skarten on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:33 am

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:That or solo it like a boss.

Eh,idk,maybe.
I had some ideas that required some particular resources if i was to make my own tribe but whatever I guess

You can always wait for a slot, although I'd say it's more reliable to let a tribe grow to split into two tribes.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:52 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:
Eh,idk,maybe.

You can always wait for a slot, although I'd say it's more reliable to let a tribe grow to split into two tribes.

Wouldn't that take a pretty long time tho?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 am

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:You can always wait for a slot, although I'd say it's more reliable to let a tribe grow to split into two tribes.

Every post is a year, and based upon food supply you can grow incredibly fast or slow. Being in a plains it is likely that my tribe should grow fast, same to be said about other plains tribes.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:13 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Odd uttered oaths? I would imagine they would be real if said person said something like, "I swear on my life, and if I do not uphold then let god strike me down." Makes no sense if you have to sacrifice a chap to divinely punish a chap. But that may get abused (like forcing chars to affirm countless oaths)

Yeah, no. A very basic premise of functional magic is that there is no such thing as a free lunch. Unless your society has a long and storied tradition of, say, contract magic, an individually voiced oath would only have the force of whatever their honor is worth.

So... Could my pretty art, alters, etc make RNGsus' potentially happy?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

So... Could my pretty art, alters, etc make RNGsus' potentially happy?

He cares for you already no matter what you do, he died for our d20 perfect rolls :p
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 am

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:You can always wait for a slot, although I'd say it's more reliable to let a tribe grow to split into two tribes.

Alternatively, there is a character specialization that focuses on attracting followers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse