NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Here's hoping that I make actual magical writing.

Magical Coding? :p

Honestly considering how OP magical writing might become it is likely going to either be impossible, simplified via runes, or some other form.

Be able to write how the spell would work has the potential to yield unparalleled power.

Actually it's meant to be a supplement for large-scale necromancy or to enhance the cairn I made. It would mostly likely be runes if anything knowing how rudimentary writing is right now.
Last edited by Ralnis on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Magical Coding? :p

Honestly considering how OP magical writing might become it is likely going to either be impossible, simplified via runes, or some other form.

Be able to write how the spell would work has the potential to yield unparalleled power.

Actually it's meant to be a supplement for large-scale necromancy or to enhance the cairn I made. It would mostly likely be runes if anything knowing how rudimentary writing is right now.

Speaking of runes...

Hey G, how does technology stealing work for magic? Because I kinda want to "Hittite Empire" my magic knowledge. You know, keep knowledge of my magic techniques state secret, but if they can just create it themselves without stealing said knowledge what's the point? So will learning enough knowledge making a "magic branch", make it harder for others to make their own copycat version.

I don't want to be able to make a weird version of Dao, just because I can. I rather have to steal said magic knowledge.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:07 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Actually it's meant to be a supplement for large-scale necromancy or to enhance the cairn I made. It would mostly likely be runes if anything knowing how rudimentary writing is right now.

Speaking of runes...

Hey G, how does technology stealing work for magic? Because I kinda want to "Hittite Empire" my magic knowledge. You know, keep knowledge of my magic techniques state secret, but if they can just create it themselves without stealing said knowledge what's the point? So will learning enough knowledge making a "magic branch", make it harder for others to make their own copycat version.

I don't want to be able to make a weird version of Dao, just because I can. I rather have to steal said magic knowledge.

Most tribes will definitely start with one dominant magic system, if any. But stealing and teaching I will allow.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:16 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Actually it's meant to be a supplement for large-scale necromancy or to enhance the cairn I made. It would mostly likely be runes if anything knowing how rudimentary writing is right now.

Speaking of runes...

The Dao isn't a magic though lol it's the rules that govern the world. You can steal methods of bending those rules, also known as cultivation methods (of which I currently have none) but the Dao itself isn't steal-able :p .
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:22 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Speaking of runes...

The Dao isn't a magic though lol it's the rules that govern the world. You can steal methods of bending those rules, also known as cultivation methods (of which I currently have none) but the Dao itself isn't steal-able :p .

Assuming, of course, the Dao isn’t just a mass hallucination of clap-your-hands.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:50 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:The Dao isn't a magic though lol it's the rules that govern the world. You can steal methods of bending those rules, also known as cultivation methods (of which I currently have none) but the Dao itself isn't steal-able :p .

Assuming, of course, the Dao isn’t just a mass hallucination of clap-your-hands.

So um... Any chance I might spawn some spiritual magic with my antics?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:44 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Speaking of runes...

That's fine, I was merely using it as a example. I rather deal with Dao users a different way, but that will have to wait till the very late game. :twisted:
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:04 pm

So... we have one post left before update. What do we do while we wait?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:So... we have one post left before update. What do we do while we wait?

If it's just one then why not just do the update?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:42 am

Ralnis wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:So... we have one post left before update. What do we do while we wait?

If it's just one then why not just do the update?

Well, now that's everyone!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am

Most tribes will definitely start with one dominant magic system, if any. But stealing and teaching I will allow.

How hard would it have a minor magic system that works with the dominant.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:

That's a vague question, so I can't really say.

On that note, since Nux seems to have disappeared for his honeymoon, anyone else interested in helping with the RP? I can usually update, but not always, like during the last week or so.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Ralnis wrote:

On that note, since Nux seems to have disappeared for his honeymoon, anyone else interested in helping with the RP? I can usually update, but not always, like during the last week or so.

I’m for holding that torch if no one else is.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:53 pm

Ralnis wrote:

I can help out, I usually have time late at night, so as long as it's not calculus levels of intense thought I can do it :p

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm with the others I can help :)

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Ralnis wrote:

I'd love to but can't with the baby.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Guess no magic writing for me. Back to being normal and safe.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:46 am

Well here's to getting some weather magic!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 am

Ralnis wrote:Guess no magic writing for me. Back to being normal and safe.

Well there's nothing saying you can't keep trying.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 am

Would drums and other musical instruments be an invention of their own, or are they part of the understood basic stuff that you can make at anytime?

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 am

@G you wrote Rudimentary Combustion [3/3] for me, what does that mean? Can I work ice-iron? Iron? Lead? Anything? :p

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:50 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Would drums and other musical instruments be an invention of their own, or are they part of the understood basic stuff that you can make at anytime?

Something you should invent, certainly.

The GAmeTopians wrote:@G you wrote Rudimentary Combustion [3/3] for me, what does that mean? Can I work ice-iron? Iron? Lead? Anything? :p

Right now, it means you know how to burn coal vaguely completely/efficiently. Feel free to try to use that knowledge for other things though!

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 am

Will post tomorrow if I can, due to IRL. Also, looks like I have to constantly pray and praise my god now, as well as make a sacrifice, so he will answer and the shrine will be useful because of faith. Also magic
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:21 am

Taliostia wrote:Start my own organisation.

Hey there! We're still accepting characters, which can choose a trait to easily gather followers, if you're interested.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Would drums and other musical instruments be an invention of their own, or are they part of the understood basic stuff that you can make at anytime?

Can you make a part of your post about the first contact and a trade was established liked the one we discussed?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse