NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 am

Okay, Ima have one of my gals get pregnant next year but this time I'll have her doing very little work and spend her time inside or praying or something.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:What should I do with all these idols you guys? I kinda wanna stand them up like scarecrows around my village and crops to try and protect them.

Perhaps guarding the entrance of the village tiki-style?

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:24 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:What should I do with all these idols you guys? I kinda wanna stand them up like scarecrows around my village and crops to try and protect them.

Raise them high like bony fingers towards the grim, gray sky. Raise them in queer, secluded places - mossy groves or windy hilltops - and light great bonfires in their honor when the stars are right.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:26 am

Olthenia wrote:

Raise them high like bony fingers towards the grim, gray sky. Raise them in queer, secluded places - mossy groves or windy hilltops - and light great bonfires in their honor when the stars are right.

Dude... that sounds metal as fuck. I totally wanna do that now!
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:35 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

Dude... that sounds metal as fuck. I totally wanna do that now!

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! :p

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:53 am

Olthenia wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Dude... that sounds metal as fuck. I totally wanna do that now!

My boy! You just merged two of my favorite things! Ns civ rp, and HP Lovecraft! You absolute madman!
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:25 am

Olthenia wrote:

My boy! You just merged two of my favorite things! Ns civ rp, and HP Lovecraft! You absolute madman!

Anytime!

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:55 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Skarten wrote:Well, i have a plan.

As did the generations of people who first tamed the horse :p
Well good luck to you, and may RNGsus smile upon you

I might just use the same technique i used in G's new civ RP.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Skarten wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:As did the generations of people who first tamed the horse :p
Well good luck to you, and may RNGsus smile upon you

I might just use the same technique i used in G's new civ RP.

Dunno if thatd work. Afterall, we arent 21st century chaps anymore.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:46 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:I might just use the same technique i used in G's new civ RP.

Dunno if thatd work. Afterall, we arent 21st century chaps anymore.

It was a technique invented in this time tho

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Dunno if thatd work. Afterall, we arent 21st century chaps anymore.

It was a technique invented in this time tho

But it doesn't exist yet, you'd have to figure it out for yourself - which is far from a guarantee, unless RNGsus likes you.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:14 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Skarten wrote:It was a technique invented in this time tho

But it doesn't exist yet, you'd have to figure it out for yourself - which is far from a guarantee, unless RNGsus likes you.

Well,It was invented by proto indo europeans i guess

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Skartan, if we end up being neighbors I hope we are on good terms. The Bryre's would love to trade with you. What magicks are you planning on gathering? Perhaps our magicks could help eachother out? Im planning on developing magical artifacts that boosts ones magical prowess.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Skartan, if we end up being neighbors I hope we are on good terms. The Bryre's would love to trade with you. What magicks are you planning on gathering? Perhaps our magicks could help eachother out? Im planning on developing magical artifacts that boosts ones magical prowess.

I guess, but i dont know about Magic really

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Skartan, if we end up being neighbors I hope we are on good terms. The Bryre's would love to trade with you. What magicks are you planning on gathering? Perhaps our magicks could help eachother out? Im planning on developing magical artifacts that boosts ones magical prowess.

I guess, but i dont know about Magic really

G has it set to custom make magic. You can develop song magic, rune magic, you name it. I was going to make magical artifacts that is enchanted with runes, spirits, etc. Eventually planning to hit massive development during the industrial phase with machine spirits.

There is no universal guide to magic creation, since G-tech/Nuxipal is making it as you develop it.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:10 am

Just so you know Kendor- I’ve bedn trying to hint at this for some time- but characters that divide their labor are significantly less good at all of the tasks they undertake.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:40 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Just so you know Kendor- I’ve bedn trying to hint at this for some time- but characters that divide their labor are significantly less good at all of the tasks they undertake.

So, what tasks should I remove? I don't want to remove the pray to Vadim part, as it's important for magic
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:56 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Just so you know Kendor- I’ve bedn trying to hint at this for some time- but characters that divide their labor are significantly less good at all of the tasks they undertake.

So, what tasks should I remove? I don't want to remove the pray to Vadim part, as it's important for magic

Whichever you please; I’m just noting that someone trying to discover magic, hunt for food, and travel to harvest resources is going to be dramatically less good at any individual task compared to someone doing only one activity.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:50 am

So does my entire tribe have the ability to talk to the Dead?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:55 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:So, what tasks should I remove? I don't want to remove the pray to Vadim part, as it's important for magic

Whichever you please; I’m just noting that someone trying to discover magic, hunt for food, and travel to harvest resources is going to be dramatically less good at any individual task compared to someone doing only one activity.

I don't mind the praying part, after all a ok prayer can be done over dinner. That being said, prayers seem like a rather cheap way to obtain magic...

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:03 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I don't mind the praying part, after all a ok prayer can be done over dinner. That being said, prayers seem like a rather cheap way to obtain magic...

Heh. My people have prayed for divine help for ages and yet we don't have magic. We just have dead babies. And illness. And some grass idols.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:So, what tasks should I remove? I don't want to remove the pray to Vadim part, as it's important for magic

So based on the lore I've given what magic will the Cadmians get?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am

Ralnis wrote:So does my entire tribe have the ability to talk to the Dead?

Your call, really. The relative potency of the ability will remain the same regardless of the number of speakers.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I don't mind the praying part, after all a ok prayer can be done over dinner. That being said, prayers seem like a rather cheap way to obtain magic...

Heh. My people have prayed for divine help for ages and yet we don't have magic. We just have dead babies. And illness. And some grass idols.

RNGsus is putting you through trials, at these times of hardship one must keep in faith. :p

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:10 am

Ralnis wrote:So does my entire tribe have the ability to talk to the Dead?

Your call, really. The relative potency of the ability will remain the same regardless of the number of speakers.

Oh? So the magic or ability is stagnate regardless if I try to modify it with shrines and mass prayer?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse