NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Just posted. Do you think my latest post is okay?

Honestly I'm curious what ancient man would think about the ravings of a friend who said he was speaking to a supreme being in his sleep!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Grim Reaper wrote:I'm available to take on a character, if any tribes are looking for someone and have a good offer on the table.

Good to see you Grim. Pretty much anyone is happy to have someone, I think :P I have bronze tools and a stone house to offer, personally.

Hmm - what classes do you need/have proven to be the most interesting? I noticed there are no worker-PCs yet, but that doesn't exactly surprise me, so I don't think I'll be changing that.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:47 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Good to see you Grim. Pretty much anyone is happy to have someone, I think :P I have bronze tools and a stone house to offer, personally.

Hmm - what classes do you need/have proven to be the most interesting? I noticed there are no worker-PCs yet, but that doesn't exactly surprise me, so I don't think I'll be changing that.

Honestly, not to contradict you, but I think Worker PCs or Scholar PCs are by far the coolest. Scouts are pretty necessary if you want to go it alone, ditto warriors, but as part of a tribe being able to innovate and build new things easily is far more important than learning about the world around you or not getting eaten by wolves. Since most (except the Cadmians?) tribes already have a scout, and aren't actively being eaten by wolves haha.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:

Honestly, not to contradict you, but I think Worker PCs or Scholar PCs are by far the coolest. Scouts are pretty necessary if you want to go it alone, ditto warriors, but as part of a tribe being able to innovate and build new things easily is far more important than learning about the world around you or not getting eaten by wolves. Since most (except the Cadmians?) tribes already have a scout, and aren't actively being eaten by wolves haha.

Yeah, in terms of your tribe specifically I noticed you have no warriors, but I can't really see many approaches as a character there. So I was tossing up scout or scholar.

You want a third scholar? I'm ok with going worker instead - your logic convinced me.
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:56 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:

Yeah, in terms of your tribe specifically I noticed you have no warriors, but I can't really see many approaches as a character there. So I was tossing up scout or scholar.

You want a third scholar?

A third scholar would totally be cool. The Keen-Folk have just discovered rune-crafting, and are moving into the Bronze Age fully, so there are a thousand things to discover.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:09 am

Yeah scholars and workers are great.Stonehenge would be nearly impossible for a tribe like the Maelons who lack scholars I believe.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:18 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Yeah scholars and workers are great.Stonehenge would be nearly impossible for a tribe like the Maelons who lack scholars I believe.

Yeah, making a henge to catalog the movement of the sun is pretty hard without much in the way of a scientific bent.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Yeah scholars and workers are great.Stonehenge would be nearly impossible for a tribe like the Maelons who lack scholars I believe.

Yeah, making a henge to catalog the movement of the sun is pretty hard without much in the way of a scientific bent.

You think I need my scholars to reaserch better masonry techniques before I try and erect a 9 foot tall stone pillar?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:If I start building bigger things to offer to the gods and spirits- think RnGsus might be more happy with a oblisk than just lowly tiny statues and carvigs?

Technically many types of functional magic completely ignore such trappings. Like intrinsic or blood-based magicks. But hey, also a possibility that your type will!

The Grim Reaper wrote:I'm available to take on a character, if any tribes are looking for someone and have a good offer on the table.

Skarten wrote:Okay then.
So, if I choose a resource and make a app for my char I won't be able to join/make a tribe,correct?
Because 1 person alone can't do a lot really.

Yes and no. If you app as a character you can do whatever you want; but resources are unlikely to move with you, and you certainly won't start with four other tribe members. There's no reason you can't wander over to join someone though, or attract wanderers to form your own.

Yea but I can make initial tools from the spawn resources.
anyhow, I don't think i could have my two (its two right?) other auto resources be generated before picking mine right?
I have an idea,but I cant make the app now so im just asking questions
Last edited by Skarten on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 am

Nuuuuuu Grim you should join my Asian Persuasion squad :p
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:53 am

Did I miss anything?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:53 am

@G you didn't give me Scout results in year 10.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:54 am

Ralnis wrote:Did I miss anything?

Our good lad Grim has entered the RP, or working on entering.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 am

I will also be having my post up today just for anyone wandering.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am

So since the source of the Fergdun's powers seem to be magic singing, if I wanted to pursue research in the arcane, what would I do? Come up with new songs and hope they help?

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:So since the source of the Fergdun's powers seem to be magic singing, if I wanted to pursue research in the arcane, what would I do? Come up with new songs and hope they help?

Make some instruments!
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 am

Hey G, were its lists what I have discovered the ?? means I just haven't found it yet correct?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:26 am

Meanwhile, I have no clue how my main system can be developed, so I'm trying to ask the spirits for help :p

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:Meanwhile, I have no clue how my main system can be developed, so I'm trying to ask the spirits for help :p

You can start trying to make a religion out of ice and snow. Get your people to start making myths and religion out of it and you may see the rise of magic.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 am

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Meanwhile, I have no clue how my main system can be developed, so I'm trying to ask the spirits for help :p

You can start trying to make a religion out of ice and snow. Get your people to start making myths and religion out of it and you may see the rise of magic.

Been doing a bit of this or that, with the spirit talk throughout the years. Just little dialogue here and there.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am

Skarten wrote:
Technically many types of functional magic completely ignore such trappings. Like intrinsic or blood-based magicks. But hey, also a possibility that your type will!

Yes and no. If you app as a character you can do whatever you want; but resources are unlikely to move with you, and you certainly won't start with four other tribe members. There's no reason you can't wander over to join someone though, or attract wanderers to form your own.

Yea but I can make initial tools from the spawn resources.
anyhow, I don't think i could have my two (its two right?) other auto resources be generated before picking mine right?

Okay, i'm back home, i'll make the app when i can
But can i know about that tho? the resource thing?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 am

Skarten wrote:
Skarten wrote:Yea but I can make initial tools from the spawn resources.

You get one resource, and the rest is auto-generated. Little choice in auto-resources, save for minor adjustments based off biome of choice. I don't believe there is a inherent number to auto resources, but they tend to be trees, plants, and animals.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:38 am

Skarten wrote:
Skarten wrote:Yea but I can make initial tools from the spawn resources.

Ah no. More you tell me what you want and I gen from there. It isn’t a supplementary addition.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:42 am

Skarten wrote:Okay, i'm back home, i'll make the app when i can

Ah no. More you tell me what you want and I gen from there. It isn’t a supplementary addition.

Sure then, i'll make an app, give me a moment.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 am

Another player....good....good.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads