NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World :: Civilization's Dawn (OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you want an Archives Page?

Yes, in the future.
38%
Yes, Now.
40%
No.
4%
Not sure.
18%

Total votes : 55

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:22 am

If I start building bigger things to offer to the gods and spirits- think RnGsus might be more happy with a oblisk than just lowly tiny statues and carvigs?
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:39 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:If I start building bigger things to offer to the gods and spirits- think RnGsus might be more happy with a oblisk than just lowly tiny statues and carvigs?

*cues spacetime odyssey music*
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:26 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:If I start building bigger things to offer to the gods and spirits- think RnGsus might be more happy with a oblisk than just lowly tiny statues and carvigs?

*cues spacetime odyssey music*

*cues ancient aliens soundtrack
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:59 pm

I'll stick to my shrine or a burial site that can offer as a "home" for the dead and a stereotypical place to summon things to help the tribe.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 pm

So, solid belief base. Looks like i don't know what should I make it to. My only tribe's belief is that the Being gives wisdom and some orders to their leader, and that the Being can give them good things based on the vision of the leader, or bad things.

This is because I'm thinking that I want my ice magic to be versatile, as in being able to be used for both offensive, defensive, and supporting roles. My idea is that the person will be able to use the magic to produce ice with magical properties for use, and the more colder the environment is, the more stronger and less energy intensive the power will be. Though the tribe's belief to the Being and heat also play a role. With heat, this means that when one tries to use it in the desert, for example, it will be more energy intensive. So basically, someone can use it on cold environment with ease, but on hotter environments, it will be draining on one to use
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:07 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:So, solid belief base. Looks like i don't know what should I make it to. My only tribe's belief is that the Being gives wisdom and some orders to their leader, and that the Being can give them good things based on the vision of the leader, or bad things.

This is because I'm thinking that I want my ice magic to be versatile, as in being able to be used for both offensive, defensive, and supporting roles. My idea is that the person will be able to use the magic to produce ice with magical properties for use, and the more colder the environment is, the more stronger and less energy intensive the power will be. Though the tribe's belief to the Being and heat also play a role. With heat, this means that when one tries to use it in the desert, for example, it will be more energy intensive. So basically, someone can use it on cold environment with ease, but on hotter environments, it will be draining on one to use

So the great counter to you is global warming?

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:So, solid belief base. Looks like i don't know what should I make it to. My only tribe's belief is that the Being gives wisdom and some orders to their leader, and that the Being can give them good things based on the vision of the leader, or bad things.

To be honest, yes. Though given where we live, our power can still be effective there, as we won't migrate to other areas
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:58 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:

To be honest, yes. Though given where we live, our power can still be effective there, as we won't migrate to other areas

So what you're saying is, if anyone wanted to you know, kill you- all they'd have to do is go full industrial revolution and melt the ice caps? If so, wasn't there a tribe that one day wanted to worship machine spirits? I see a great conflict arising...

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Anyhow, is there any app then?
I can't seem to find one

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Well, so far the great being seems very generic, and not at all ice based. If you want your tribe to have a mystical affinity with ice and snow, perhaps you should build some igloos :p

Skarten wrote:Anyhow, is there any app then?
I can't seem to find one

Kick me over a name, class, and a place to start. If you don’t want to start with an existing tribe or area, you may also choose one resource in your spawning region.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:37 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Well, so far the great being seems very generic, and not at all ice based. If you want your tribe to have a mystical affinity with ice and snow, perhaps you should build some igloos :p

Skarten wrote:Anyhow, is there any app then?
I can't seem to find one

Kick me over a name, class, and a place to start. If you don’t want to start with an existing tribe or area, you may also choose one resource in your spawning region.

Okay, do you have a map?
I searched, but i wasn't able to find one

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Skarten wrote:

Okay, do you have a map?

Is sekrit.

Though there are a dozen impromptu maps in play if you ask people I’m sure.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

So, we need six more posts I believe to have the same amount as last update. So keep on going whoever hasn't posted! Let's keep this thing alive! (No pressure if you dont have enough time to write up a good story, and that goes for the mods too.)
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:So, we need six more posts I believe to have the same amount as last update. So keep on going whoever hasn't posted! Let's keep this thing alive! (No pressure if you dont have enough time to write up a good story, and that goes for the mods too.)

I'm doing my part. ;)
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:So, we need six more posts I believe to have the same amount as last update. So keep on going whoever hasn't posted! Let's keep this thing alive! (No pressure if you dont have enough time to write up a good story, and that goes for the mods too.)

I'm doing my part. ;)

Uncle G wants YOU to post in the IC

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:04 pm

I'll write a post when I wake up tomorrow, I can't think logically with this level of exhaustion.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 pm

I'm available to take on a character, if any tribes are looking for someone and have a good offer on the table.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 am

Skarten wrote:Okay, do you have a map?

Is sekrit.

Okay then.
So, if I choose a resource and make a app for my char I won't be able to join/make a tribe,correct?
Because 1 person alone can't do a lot really.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:48 am

Skarten wrote:
Is sekrit.

Okay then.
So, if I choose a resource and make a app for my char I won't be able to join/make a tribe,correct?

Well right now we're only accepting character apps, not really tribes at the moment

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:42 am

Just posted. Do you think my latest post is okay?
My Dispatch

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:50 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Just posted. Do you think my latest post is okay?

Ye ye!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:03 am

Skarten wrote:
Is sekrit.

Okay then.

You know, new people come all the time, perhaps you could have your char and theirs be a couple? I mean you'd have to check with G, but it's a possible route you could take.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:13 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Skarten wrote:Okay then.

You know, new people come all the time, perhaps you could have your char and theirs be a couple? I mean you'd have to check with G, but it's a possible route you could take.

Or I could wander around with my cool equipment with the resource I wanted and find a tribe do I can gain followers.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:15 am

Skarten wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:You know, new people come all the time, perhaps you could have your char and theirs be a couple? I mean you'd have to check with G, but it's a possible route you could take.

Or I could wander around with my cool equipment with the resource I wanted and find a tribe do I can gain followers.

To be honest, I want a character to replace my scout or gain new warrior to better defend my tribe and actually have warriors to spare
My Dispatch

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:27 am

Technically many types of functional magic completely ignore such trappings. Like intrinsic or blood-based magicks. But hey, also a possibility that your type will!

The Grim Reaper wrote:I'm available to take on a character, if any tribes are looking for someone and have a good offer on the table.

Good to see you Grim. Pretty much anyone is happy to have someone, I think :P I have bronze tools and a stone house to offer, personally.

Skarten wrote:
Is sekrit.

Okay then.

Yes and no. If you app as a character you can do whatever you want; but resources are unlikely to move with you, and you certainly won't start with four other tribe members. There's no reason you can't wander over to join someone though, or attract wanderers to form your own.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse