NATION

PASSWORD

Broken Crown [OCC, Reboot]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 am

Is there anyone that wants a landed knight character as their vassal?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:01 am

Union Princes wrote:Hmmm, that complicates matters

Kings guard, or perhaps a knight who serves the king, would be a somewhat relevant char, assuming you play your cards right.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:02 am

Union Princes wrote:Hmmm, that complicates matters

Could always nosey at other players’ applications and ask to be one of their vassals? Have your vineyard in their lands, so you can always be drawn in when things get spicy?

Edit: Mfw you post my suggestion as soon as I hit submit. :lol:

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:04 am

Union Princes wrote:Is there anyone that wants a landed knight character as their vassal?

Landed as in owning a fief or landed as in owning a county? If its a fief, Oliver wouldn't mind having you since he still has a fief to give away and was looking for landed knights.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 am

Landed as in owning a fief in my character's case a vineyard.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 am

Union Princes wrote:Landed as in owning a fief in my character's case a vineyard.

Oliver wouldn't mind having you, he still has an additional fief. I do plan on there being trouble later on between Oliver and one of my NPC's, so he would probably see combat.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am

After listening to the House Bolton theme, I'm now torn between creating a landed knight or a dukedom.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am

Union Princes wrote:After listening to the House Bolton theme, I'm now torn between creating a landed knight or a dukedom.

Technically I'm working on a spymaster duke npc atm. If you want to write up the kings spymaster though that's an open option ;)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:29 pm

Union Princes wrote:Is there anyone that wants a landed knight character as their vassal?

Depends on what type of character your apping
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hmm, I'm liking what been going on in the OP, but Auphelia keeping a close eye on your technology. Supposed to be feudalistic, but I'll tolerate the balloons, due to it likely being, "Dragons Blood" or something of the sort fueling the balloons, I'm more skeptical over the plumbing, since I'm not sure how sophisticated it (your plumbing) is . Other than that I loved it, I thought it was going to stay more loyal, to the original incarnation, but it seemed to be improved more ways than one. Although I have to ask, for the "silly pretend king from those llama lands" are you referring to the Galeic King, the Emperor, or the Fenbard King? A part of me feels like the directed anger, sounds promptly for the Emperor, who threatens her the most at the moment, yet King makes me hesitate to come to that conclusion. I considered that you might be referring to Phillip, but I would imagine more text, for Phillip. Just some thoughts.

For the balloons, it's mainly very powerful and heavy coal, which is why the balloons can't normally get far, and will rely heavily on the fact that from the mountains to the capital is more of a controlled descent that an actual flight, and is why they cannot get back up. The plumbing was more of a joke about how the Minister of Science has these futuristic ideas that will, in all likelihood, not work out.

The "Llama King" was a reference to the Governor of the Lamist Territories, which I see as "Llamist Territories", as if they worship llamas or something. I used pretend king in reference to his "ridiculous" treaty that gives him autonomy and uses that religious freedom to write defamatory papers about her.

I mean for all intents and purposes the label "pretend king" isn't that far off. The governors of the territory are hereditary due to the treaty, but for some time ruled the lands as independent lords in their own right giving nominal fealty to the kingly dynasty that funded them. Kind of the same way England post-Norman invasion was a sovereign realm but still owed fealty to France nominally due to having possessions in Normandy. The treaty essentially reduced them to the dukes of Brittany, but with far more autonomy than your regular vassal due to the religious differences.

I do wonder if the Pope will futilessly try, and send a legation to mend the divide though? It would make for some interesting conversations since the Lamists have always been funky even when they were part of the "mainstream" faith.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Player Character:
Title: Sir
Full Name: Morr Grimm
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6' 3" 167 lbs
Religion: Luthonic
Culture: Nors-Galeic
Biography:
House Grimm will always bear the reputation of brutality and its harsh reality on war. With its lineage tracing several centuries of raiding and military heritage, House Grimm soon became a family of mercenaries, bodyguards, and knights after converting to Luaricism. After Morr's great-grandfather receiving a title to a vineyard estate, the family took residence in that property ever since.

Morr inherited the property when 19 after his father's death while battling a large group of bandits. That was before he was knighted by his father before entering combat. It was pyrrhic victory with his father's death and he bitterly executed the rest of the bandits after they surrendered. Over the years, his face became hardened and stern with his own personal regret for not saving his father when he had the chance. Now, he tends to the vineyard and the sales of the family's brand while simultaneously keeping the roads safe by mercilessly hunting down bandits with his own entourage of volunteers from a nearby village.
Notable Relationships:
Lady Kaern Grimm age 30 (Wife)
Roose Grimm age 6(Son & Page)
Belyee Grimm age 8 (Daughter)
Tila Grimm age 5 (Adopted Daughter)
Conin Stanner age 33 (Majordomo)

Professional Skills: A knight and drillmaster to the peasants, also a vintner
Strengths: Experienced in leadership, skilled in swordmanship, speaks in authoritarian tone
Weaknesses: stubborn, cold exterior, can be unnecessarily cruel
Goal: continue the family's military lineage, build a grand castle.
Owned Counties: none owns vineyard
County Color: red dot? to show my location
RP Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=446358

Colors:
The color White, though representing the clean and pure intentions of House Grimm, it also represent the emotionless and sterile attitude of their attitude. Such as an absence of human empathy when going into combat.
Black always symbolize Death and the underworld, yet it equally symbolizing power and authority. For House Grimm, Black stands for their authority to execute bandits, prisoners, or criminals with or without their lord's consent. Ironically, Black also represent submissiveness and combined with the white background, symbolizes House Grimm's transparent loyalty to House Willun. Every death caused by the hands of Grimm was to prove that they are loyal vassals to a fault, no matter how brutal their killings are.
Skull and Rook:
Unlike traditional animals or images shown on banners of noble houses House Grimm depict a skull. A Skull represent death and mortality but in Grimm's sense, it represents a human head being treated like a trophy. Like human body parts could be treated like prizes after a successful hunt. Or In Morr's case, staking head into towers that act as markers for his victories.
The Rook represents House Grimm's ancestral desire to build a stronghold in a form of a fortress. Combine it with the Skull, it represents a fortress that cannot be taken without experiencing extreme losses.
House Motto:
The house words of Grimm are "Victory or Death" which represents the family's stubborn and ruthless nature towards their goals. They either win it all or die trying; and they will be cruel in their methods if it meant a guaranteed success.
Unofficial House Animal: the Crow
The bird represents bad luck and death and they always appear after a corpse has been made. For House Grimm, Crow symbolizes the inevitable execution of a criminal and the plundering of loot from slain enemies. The Crow also represents the family's flexibility in their careers, intelligence gained from experience, and destiny due to their life long goals.

DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Union Princes on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Player Character:
Title: Duke (Addressed as "Lord." For instance, Lord Tyrus Willun, instead of Duke Tyrus Willun.)
Full Name: Tyrus Edmund Willun, sometimes referred to as the Black Knight.
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6 ft, 192 lbs
Religion: Lutholicism, with Orthodox Luaricism minority. (Roughly 15% of the population follows Orthodox Luaricism.)
Culture: Galeic, with an Etrusil minority. (Roughly 20% of the population.)
Biography: Tyrus Willun was born in the mountains to the Duke of Stonehollow in the historical home of House Willun. He was the eldest son, and the only son, but the youngest sibling, with three older sisters. At the time of his birth, the counties and fiefs under his families control were in a miserable state, with banditry running rampant and little control in the farmlands below the mountains. As a result, Tyrus's father, the current duke, was away much of the time trying to bring peace to their lands, and until Tyrus was 13 he was raised predominantly by his mother and older sisters, who he came to love more than anything. However, the fighting in the farmlands was still a formative part of Tyrus's youth, even though he wasnt a part of it. Because of the conflict, there were constant food shortages, and though it was not nearly as bad for the Dukes family as it was for the peasents in the mines and the fields, Tyrus still felt hunger as a child more than an average royals son would. This had a profound impact on Tyrus, who now stood out from the other lords children he occasionally played with, causing him to feel a certain distance from the rest of the kingdom. This also gave Tyrus a sense of familiarity with the people, an he was able to empathize with the peasants and often tried to help them in any way he could.

When his father at last returned from the conflicts in the farms, he was appalled at his son not having learned the ways of a knight. Tyrus, he felt, had turned out soft from being raised by women, and he was quickly handed off to a trusted knight as a squire. This knight, named Sir Howel, was the ruler of a small fief in the north of House Willuns territory, and had made a name for himself in the tournaments around the Kingdom. Tyrus traveled with him for many years, learning the ways of a knight, and assisting in various quests and tournaments with Sir Howel. To pass the time, Tyrus even began to take part in the melee's at the start of tournaments, and found that his childhood of reading payed off when his understanding of strategy made him a talented team leader.

When Tyrus was 19, he was at last knighted, and sets off on his own to try and make a name for himself. He continued in his teachers tradition, and became a mainstay at many tournaments, and gathered a sizable following for frequently taking part in both the team melee's and the jousting matches, both of which he was fairly successful at. But really, his biggest draw was his tendency to give his prizes as gifts to the peasants. He would often joke with his own squire, a boy named Kellen, that he was the only Black Knight to be loved instead of feared.

It was during Tyrus's travels that he would meet his future wife, a woman named Gwyneth Ellens. She was the daughter of an innkeeper, and a widow of a hunter. She was not particularly popular in the village she lived in, as she had miscarried her first baby and the second had to be cut from her belly when it died in the womb. Most thought that she was infertile, and after her husband died there were few other men who showed much interest in her, other than the occasional traveler asking if she performed any "tricks." But Tyrus had a connection with Gwyneth, and was far from home where he would be expected to marry a woman from another royal house. For the next year, he took every chance he could get to return to the inn, and became a mainstay in the little town where it was located. Rumors spread, which Tyrus simply laughed off, and he earned very little money because of how little he traveled. After a year, he asked for Gwyneth's hand in marriage, and the next week they were wed.

His marriage to a commoner caused quite a stir when he brought Gwyneth home, and his father nearly disowned him had it not been for his mother stepping in. Tyrus was infinitely grateful for his mother and sisters in the coming weeks, as they did all in their power to make his new wife feel at home. He could tell that his sisters in particular felt uncomfortable about the situation, but it was clear that they were trying. His mother on the other hand was from a lesser house, and though she was technically an aristocrat she came from much humbler beginnings than Tyrus, his sisters or his father, and so she instantly fell in love with Gwyneth, and the two became good friends. Sir Howel, always the optimist, had been the first to learn of the marriage, and immediately made it clear that he was on Tyrus's side.

With the complications of Tyrus's marriage at last smoothed over, he returned to the road, but now returned routinely home, especially in winter to be with his wife. They tried for a child many times, but were never successful, much to the chagrin of Tyrus's father. After two years, the king died under questionable circumstances, and his son came to the throne. Tyrus, fearing the worst with a weak king now on the throne and an increasing political instability, returned to his home to be with his family, and arrived just in time for his father to fall ill. It was two months before the pneumonia finally took the Duke. Though Tyrus expected his fathers title to go to one of his sisters as punishment for his actions, having married a peasant woman and gone off to be a tournament knight, he was surprised when the title fell to him. Suddenly, and with little warning, he found himself in control of his families territory, its mountain mines, the farms below, and the small but professional military they fielded. He felt terrified, knowing that his days of drinking and carousing his way across the land was over.

But, true to who he was, he threw himself at it with zeal. Tyrus knighted his squire Kellen, Now, sitting atop the mountains in the east he watches as the kingdom slowly crumbles, scheming how he can protect his people. And if it means revolution, he will gladly shed his title of the Black Knight for the whispered nickname given to him by his subjects, the King On The Mountain.
Notable Relationships: Lady Gwyneth Willun (Wife)

Lady Anna Willun (Mother)

Lady Penelope Willun (Sister, eldest)

Lady Sarah Willun (Sister, middle child with twin Janet)

Lady Janet Willun (Sister, middle child with twin Sarah)

Sir Kellen Ells (Body guard and friend)

Sir Charels Howel (Military commander, chief confidant)

Master Wylams Khuns (Economic Advisor)
Master Virys Lains (Chief Diplomat)

Lady Mirah Klay (Spymaster)

Plinket (Jester. Some in the peasantry claim he has appeared to them in dreams.)

Jumper (Tyrus's hound, part wolf.)

(Still looking for the final pictures, they will come.

Professional Skills: Tyrus is a former knight, and as a result a strong fighter. He is also book smart and has an appreciation for the arts, allowing him a strong knowledge of diplomacy, making him and all around jack of all trades.
Strengths: Tyrus is compassionate, diplomatic, and strategic. He also is honorable to a fault, though this can double as a weakness.
Weaknesses: Tyrus can act to fast, is often to passionate, and often drinks a little to much. He also is honorable to a fault, though this can double as a strength.
Goal: To free the Stonehollow Mountains, the surrounding territories, and create his own kingdom so that he can protect his people from the growing unrest he see's in the rest of the kingdom.
Owned Counties: 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25.
County Color: Yellow.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=29668274#p29668274
Not required, but heres some extra stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56cnOkQFRwo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L4CP9QD1oU
DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:58 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:
Player Character:
Title: Duke (Addressed as "Lord." For instance, Lord Tyrus Willun, instead of Duke Tyrus Willun.)
Full Name: Tyrus Edmund Willun, sometimes referred to as the Black Knight.
Appearance:
Height and Weight: 6 ft, 192 lbs
Religion: Lutholicism, with Orthodox Luaricism minority. (Roughly 15% of the population follows Orthodox Luaricism.)
Culture: Galeic, with an Etrusil minority. (Roughly 20% of the population.)
Biography: Tyrus Willun was born in the mountains to the Duke of Stonehollow in the historical home of House Willun. He was the eldest son, and the only son, but the youngest sibling, with three older sisters. At the time of his birth, the counties and fiefs under his families control were in a miserable state, with banditry running rampant and little control in the farmlands below the mountains. As a result, Tyrus's father, the current duke, was away much of the time trying to bring peace to their lands, and until Tyrus was 13 he was raised predominantly by his mother and older sisters, who he came to love more than anything. However, the fighting in the farmlands was still a formative part of Tyrus's youth, even though he wasnt a part of it. Because of the conflict, there were constant food shortages, and though it was not nearly as bad for the Dukes family as it was for the peasents in the mines and the fields, Tyrus still felt hunger as a child more than an average royals son would. This had a profound impact on Tyrus, who now stood out from the other lords children he occasionally played with, causing him to feel a certain distance from the rest of the kingdom. This also gave Tyrus a sense of familiarity with the people, an he was able to empathize with the peasants and often tried to help them in any way he could.

When his father at last returned from the conflicts in the farms, he was appalled at his son not having learned the ways of a knight. Tyrus, he felt, had turned out soft from being raised by women, and he was quickly handed off to a trusted knight as a squire. This knight, named Sir Howel, was the ruler of a small fief in the north of House Willuns territory, and had made a name for himself in the tournaments around the Kingdom. Tyrus traveled with him for many years, learning the ways of a knight, and assisting in various quests and tournaments with Sir Howel. To pass the time, Tyrus even began to take part in the melee's at the start of tournaments, and found that his childhood of reading payed off when his understanding of strategy made him a talented team leader.

When Tyrus was 19, he was at last knighted, and sets off on his own to try and make a name for himself. He continued in his teachers tradition, and became a mainstay at many tournaments, and gathered a sizable following for frequently taking part in both the team melee's and the jousting matches, both of which he was fairly successful at. But really, his biggest draw was his tendency to give his prizes as gifts to the peasants. He would often joke with his own squire, a boy named Kellen, that he was the only Black Knight to be loved instead of feared.

It was during Tyrus's travels that he would meet his future wife, a woman named Gwyneth Ellens. She was the daughter of an innkeeper, and a widow of a hunter. She was not particularly popular in the village she lived in, as she had miscarried her first baby and the second had to be cut from her belly when it died in the womb. Most thought that she was infertile, and after her husband died there were few other men who showed much interest in her, other than the occasional traveler asking if she performed any "tricks." But Tyrus had a connection with Gwyneth, and was far from home where he would be expected to marry a woman from another royal house. For the next year, he took every chance he could get to return to the inn, and became a mainstay in the little town where it was located. Rumors spread, which Tyrus simply laughed off, and he earned very little money because of how little he traveled. After a year, he asked for Gwyneth's hand in marriage, and the next week they were wed.

His marriage to a commoner caused quite a stir when he brought Gwyneth home, and his father nearly disowned him had it not been for his mother stepping in. Tyrus was infinitely grateful for his mother and sisters in the coming weeks, as they did all in their power to make his new wife feel at home. He could tell that his sisters in particular felt uncomfortable about the situation, but it was clear that they were trying. His mother on the other hand was from a lesser house, and though she was technically an aristocrat she came from much humbler beginnings than Tyrus, his sisters or his father, and so she instantly fell in love with Gwyneth, and the two became good friends. Sir Howel, always the optimist, had been the first to learn of the marriage, and immediately made it clear that he was on Tyrus's side.

With the complications of Tyrus's marriage at last smoothed over, he returned to the road, but now returned routinely home, especially in winter to be with his wife. They tried for a child many times, but were never successful, much to the chagrin of Tyrus's father. After two years, the king died under questionable circumstances, and his son came to the throne. Tyrus, fearing the worst with a weak king now on the throne and an increasing political instability, returned to his home to be with his family, and arrived just in time for his father to fall ill. It was two months before the pneumonia finally took the Duke. Though Tyrus expected his fathers title to go to one of his sisters as punishment for his actions, having married a peasant woman and gone off to be a tournament knight, he was surprised when the title fell to him. Suddenly, and with little warning, he found himself in control of his families territory, its mountain mines, the farms below, and the small but professional military they fielded. He felt terrified, knowing that his days of drinking and carousing his way across the land was over.

But, true to who he was, he threw himself at it with zeal. Tyrus knighted his squire Kellen, Now, sitting atop the mountains in the east he watches as the kingdom slowly crumbles, scheming how he can protect his people. And if it means revolution, he will gladly shed his title of the Black Knight for the whispered nickname given to him by his subjects, the King On The Mountain.
Notable Relationships: Lady Gwyneth Willun (Wife)
Lady Anna Willun (Mother)
Lady Penelope Willun (Sister, eldest)
Lady Sarah Willun (Sister, middle child with twin Janet)
Lady Janet Willun (Sister, middle child with twin Sarah)

Sir Kellen Ells (Body guard and friend)
Sir Charels Howel (Military commander, chief confidant)
Master Wylams Khuns (Economic Advisor)
Master Virys Lains (Chief Diplomat)
Lady Mirah Klay (Spymaster)

Plinket (Jester. Some in the peasantry claim he has appeared to them in dreams.) (Image)

Jumper (Tyrus's hound, part wolf.)

(Still looking for the final pictures, they will come.

Professional Skills: Tyrus is a former knight, and as a result a strong fighter. He is also book smart and has an appreciation for the arts, allowing him a strong knowledge of
Strengths: Tyrus is compassionate, diplomatic, and strategic. He also is honorable to a fault, though this can double as a weakness.
Weaknesses: Tyrus can act to fast, is often to passionate, and often drinks a little to much. He also is honorable to a fault, though this can double as a strength.
Goal: To free the Stonehollow Mountains, the surrounding territories, and create his own kingdom so that he can protect his people from the growing unrest he see's in the rest of the kingdom.
Owned Counties: 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25.
County Color: Yellow.
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?p=29668274#p29668274
DO NOT REMOVE

Accepted, interesting dealing with a independence loving Duke.

You have Larrana to the north, ruled by the House de Pascay a strong and small dynasty, his priorities relies on the stability of his titles, and the securing of his dynasty.

South is the duchy of Wyster, ruled by House Pallas a ancient galeic dynasty, and it as old as it is foreign. They priorities are the removal of the church from her lands, joining her lands with her ancestors (the eastern lands), and to gain enough power in the kings court if necessary.

And to the west you have the King himself, and you've probably learned plenty of him, for he I simply the focal point to the Galeic realm.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Well now, everybody is doing dukes now. I guess my landed knight character will have to be put on hold.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Union Princes wrote:Well now, everybody is doing dukes now. I guess my landed knight character will have to be put on hold.

Or, you can come be a landed knight in my lands and we can be homies.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:22 pm

Union Princes wrote:Well now, everybody is doing dukes now. I guess my landed knight character will have to be put on hold.

Everybody, does dukes simply because its the most practical, you get money, funding, and men to bolster your power. Dukes were just generally the most powerful people in the feudal era, save for Pope and Kings. Dont let it stop you though, we had a bandit "king" last incarnation of this RP, and he was able to do a good job being involved.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:28 pm

A bit of a late response, but when I meant democratic element I meant at the head level. The dukes will naturally have greater authority, and autonomy, but have an interest in maintaining the kingdom through a national legislature. Imagine a competent French estates system mixed with the English Parliament of the 1600s. So sure the king or queen will be elected, but people won't be as inclined to throw hissy fits via war. Why war when you can screw people over legislatively?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Benuty wrote:A bit of a late response, but when I meant democratic element I meant at the head level. The dukes will naturally have greater authority, and autonomy, but have an interest in maintaining the kingdom through a national legislature. Imagine a competent French estates system mixed with the English Parliament of the 1600s. So sure the king or queen will be elected, but people won't be as inclined to throw hissy fits via war. Why war when you can screw people over legislatively?

Part of me feels, like I should put some of your posts on the OP for people to read, but I'm not sure if new RPers taking a peak would enjoy the info dump.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:39 pm

The Twelve Isles wrote:

I'll take your offer

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Union Princes wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

I'll take your offer

Noice.

Together we shall fight for the freedom of the mountains.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Benuty wrote:A bit of a late response, but when I meant democratic element I meant at the head level. The dukes will naturally have greater authority, and autonomy, but have an interest in maintaining the kingdom through a national legislature. Imagine a competent French estates system mixed with the English Parliament of the 1600s. So sure the king or queen will be elected, but people won't be as inclined to throw hissy fits via war. Why war when you can screw people over legislatively?

Part of me feels, like I should put some of your posts on the OP for people to read, but I'm not sure if new RPers taking a peak would enjoy the info dump.

Maybe just put them in spoilers, and say that they arent required reading but could shed some light if anyone wants it.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Edited my app, also I should warn you I'm trying to play a brutal character since Im trying to form a House Bolton-like dynasty.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Player Character:
Title: Sir
Full Name: Morr Grimm
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 6' 3" 167 lbs
Religion: Luthonic
Culture: Nors-Galeic
Biography:
House Grimm will always bear the reputation of brutality and its harsh reality on war. With its lineage tracing several centuries of raiding and military heritage, House Grimm soon became a family of mercenaries, bodyguards, and knights after converting to Luaricism. After Morr's great-grandfather receiving a title to a vineyard estate, the family took residence in that property ever since.

Morr inherited the property when 19 after his father's death while battling a large group of bandits. That was before he was knighted by his father before entering combat. It was pyrrhic victory with his father's death and he bitterly executed the rest of the bandits after they surrendered. Over the years, his face became hardened and stern with his own personal regret for not saving his father when he had the chance. Now, he tends to the vineyard and the sales of the family's brand while simultaneously keeping the roads safe by mercilessly hunting down bandits with his own entourage of volunteers from a nearby village.
Notable Relationships:
Lady Kaern Grimm age 30 (Wife)
Roose Grimm age 6(Son & Page)
Belyee Grimm age 8 (Daughter)
Tila Grimm age 5 (Adopted Daughter)
Conin Stanner age 33 (Majordomo)

Professional Skills: A knight and drillmaster to the peasants, also a vintner
Strengths: Experienced in leadership, skilled in swordmanship, speaks in authoritarian tone
Weaknesses: stubborn, cold exterior, can be unnecessarily cruel
Goal: continue the family's military lineage, build a grand castle.
Owned Counties: none owns vineyard
County Color: red dot? to show my location
RP Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=446358

DO NOT REMOVE

You guys can look over this and see if you want him as your vassal landed knight under your duchy.

Accepted

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Can you also update the vassal map?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:14 pm

Union Princes wrote:Can you also update the vassal map?

I update it periodically, its in desperate need of a good update though anyways, so sure just a second

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse