NATION

PASSWORD

Broken Crown [OCC, Reboot]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:08 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
NPC Char: Nicolas "The Raccoon" Pernet
Title: N/A
Full Name: Nicolas Pernet (No middle name)
Appearance:--->
Height and Weight: 5'7 | 133 lbs
Religion: Luaricism
Culture: Galeacian
Biography: Nicolas was born into the gentry class in the Duchy of Astua in the Kingdom of Galeacia. Being lower Nobility had its perks growing up, mainly in that the family tended to not starve when winter came around. He grew up with around five brothers and eight sisters, he also happened to be the youngest of the bunch. He received a formal education for his first years, between the ages of 6-11, however when he was twelve years old tragedy struck.

His father had many debts, this was a reality of life for the family. What they didn't think however, was that one rogue Noble would eventually come to collect them. Their home was burned to the ground and the family was slaughtered, being that they were farther out from the city, there was no chance of rescue from others. The only survivors of the massacre were Nicolas and his older brother Pierote. Pierote had the unfortunate luck to be injured as they fled, and eventually he died of those wounds via infection. Left orphaned and alone, Nicolas fled south. Eventually he found work on a city dock just within the Kingdom of Fenbardy.

It was in Fenbardy that he was exposed to radical ideas from numerous different men. These men consisted of highwaymen, murderers and peasant agitators. They weren't an honorable group to be with, but they began to inspire a hatred for Nobility in the young boy. They taught him to fight, the tricks they had learned to combat Nobility after many years of failed resistance. He learned to live off the land, to use hit and run tactics, to give him men proper training whenever possible, and to form tight formations when using cavalry. Eventually, when he was twenty he set off with his fathers old swords back to the Kingdom of Galeacia. At first he attempted to be a peasant, to forget about his activities in Fenbardy.

Abuses at the hands of the landed gentry however, caused him to rebel. He motivated the peasants and eventually they marched against their liege. They pillaged his estate and set off into the wilderness before the Knights could arrive to crush them. This group was the origin of The Forgotten Band, a group led by Nicolas to the current day. They began to harass the Nobility, ambushing them to steal supplies, working with the peasants to steal crops and other essentials. It grew by the day and eventually there were several different groups of men operating as Forgotten Bands, all loyal to The Raccoon, Nicolas. His resistance movement has lasted for eighteen years and in that time he has become a hated criminal in the eyes of the upper classes, a Robin-Hood hero to the peasants and serfs.

His goals are simple. Bring down the Monarchy, or force it to relinquish its decedent lifestyle. Knights and Nobles to return back to their old jobs as warriors, rather than oppressors. The Forgotten Band is likely the largest resistance group on the continent and is active throughout Galeacia and the Entrusil Empire. Despite its size, it is decentralized and connected only their agreed upon leader, Nicolas Pernet. They follow him and he leads the attacks on the Nobility. They have thus far refused to face them in open combat, but those times are coming to an end. Nicolas intends to move against the Prince and the Dukes, to obtain justice for the serfs.
Notable Relationships: TBD
Professional Skills: Hit and Run Tactics | Espionage | Oratory | Planning | Cavalry Leader
Personality: Nicolas is a clever, calculating rebel who has a deep-running hatred for the upper classes that stole his family and home. He is a brilliant oratory leader and can easily rally peasants to his side, but is also clever in combat. He will not engage in a battle he cannot win, and will do everything in his power to make life difficult for the Nobility. His ultimate goal is to force the Nobles into relinquishing their decadence and to appoint a legislature of peasants to help form laws. Its a revolutionary, if not over the top concept, but is popular among the Peasantry.

Theme(s): To Die For, Kinpaku

I figure that we only had Nobility for the most part. I intend for Nicolas to eventually die, but to cause some trouble for the Dukes in the meantime. His purpose is that of an outside threat that the Nobility could all realize as an enemy and try to deal with collectively while he rampages across the countryside.

Accepted, by the Glorius OP.

Sorry I haven't been lurking about lately, schools been a tad bit of a nuisance.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:32 am

Woohoo, another post in which I actually invested time and effort in.
Wow, I really am trying to get rid of the slothful trait.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:55 am

Also it sounds like you got a post in the works OP, take your time, I like thicc posts.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am

Union Princes wrote:Yes we could that, the mountains would make excellent bandit camps for Nicolas. We could also make it that Morr's adoptive daughter one of Nicholas's bastard child.

I actually love that idea, i hadn't thought of that.

Brendislav, your working too hard to get rid of your own laziness. You need to take it easy :p
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:08 am

How can Nicholas hate Morr for raising his bastard child well?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:19 am

Union Princes wrote:How can Nicholas hate Morr for raising his bastard child well?

See, i imagine that would cause him to hate Morr even Morr due to the fact that the child would be raised by his rival, and a Noble. Still i love the dynamic.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:26 am

Thing is, Morr Grimm isnt even a noble, he's a landed knight under direct vassalage of House Willun.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:31 am

Union Princes wrote:Thing is, Morr Grimm isnt even a noble, he's a landed knight under direct vassalage of House Willun.

I suppose he'd see that as better than someone like Prince Philip since Knighthood isn't necessarily inheritable. He's still serving under a Noble House though,

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Pardon my sexism, but it was a different time.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 pm

So what happens next OP?

A grand enterence with the king to be welcoming us all to the capital?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:01 am

Kelmet wrote:So what happens next OP?

Wouldn't say grand, but certainly will be a entrance of interest.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Kelmet wrote:So what happens next OP?

Wouldn't say grand, but certainly will be a entrance of interest.

As you say your grace.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:36 am

Twelve Isles, please be online to post.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

There posted, the butler is to let everybody in. By informing the gate guard.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:15 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:There posted, the butler is to let everybody in. By informing the gate guard.

I think Sarangerel was trying to communicate with you in their last post, by the way. :lol:

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:21 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:There posted, the butler is to let everybody in. By informing the gate guard.

I think Sarangerel was trying to communicate with you in their last post, by the way. :lol:

Opps, I'll get that fixed right away. :blush:

I've been so busy of late I've accidentally overlooked it.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:29 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Opps, I'll get that fixed right away. :blush:

It's all good, I'm starting to get that way too - just finished my first week back at college. Praise the lord for 4 day weekends though.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:32 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Opps, I'll get that fixed right away. :blush:

It's all good, I'm starting to get that way too - just finished my first week back at college. Praise the lord for 4 day weekends though.

So true. It's a blessed week indeed.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Huzzah! A post!

Now to get to work on my own . . .
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Auphelia wrote:Huzzah! A post!

Now to get to work on my own . . .

Want to do a google document, so rebuttals don't flood page 2?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Want to do a google document, so rebuttals don't flood page 2?

I was hoping it could be a short exchange, just so she could meet the prince before the coronation. If you think it should go a bit further, we can use telegrams.

SC #307

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Want to do a google document, so rebuttals don't flood page 2?

I was hoping it could be a short exchange, just so she could meet the prince before the coronation. If you think it should go a bit further, we can use telegrams.

Kay. Send me the telegram whenever you are ready.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:26 pm

I'm going to make a post when I get home.

Sent support to my ally and hopefully see the head of the church in the kingdom, so probobly head to the chapel.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm a bit confused. Do you plan on editing that post for Auphelia, Ted? Or are our characters free to enter the throneroom while they wait for Philip?
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:33 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:I'm a bit confused. Do you plan on editing that post for Auphelia, Ted? Or are our characters free to enter the throneroom while they wait for Philip?

I'm going to have a quick chat with auphelia. However most dukes as of right now are conversing amongst themselves as they prepare for the princes feast. They are probably entering and heading to the the dining room.

I'm just TGing Auphelia, so we can have one big post rather than a bunch of little ones.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse