NATION

PASSWORD

Broken Crown [OCC, Reboot]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Why skip ahead two days?

Kelm, asked me to make a post about the rumours hes been spreading. I predicted that it would probably spread across his locals and travellers fairly quickly. May take time for the dukes to hear the news, though. Nothing to serious.

Their fate is Morr Grimm than I was expecting.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:56 pm

eeeeeeeey, finally a pun!
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Kelm, asked me to make a post about the rumours hes been spreading. I predicted that it would probably spread across his locals and travellers fairly quickly. May take time for the dukes to hear the news, though. Nothing to serious.

Their fate is Morr Grimm than I was expecting.

Ba Dum Tss!
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Union Princes wrote:eeeeeeeey, finally a pun!

I kept waiting for someone to point it out, but eventually decided to go ahead and do it myself.

I would feel good, except now I have to write a travel scene . . . from the sky.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm

wait, we're timeskipping already?

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:14 pm

Union Princes wrote:wait, we're timeskipping already?

Not that I know of.

SC #307

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 pm

a two to a week, wouldn't be a timeskip, expect more around months and wont be used very much, I would make that very clear. After all, my next post should be when the Dukes are starting to enter Astua, after days of travel. Which at most would be 8-12 days tops from my first post. Then after that 1-2 for the coronation. I want to do this, so the dukes/players can meet each other and perhaps seek allies during this coronation.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

a two to a week, wouldn't be a timeskip, expect more around months and wont be used very much, I would make that very clear. After all, my next post should be when the Dukes are starting to enter Astua, after days of travel. Which at most would be 8-12 days tops from my first post. Then after that 1-2 for the coronation. I want to do this, so the dukes/players can meet each other and perhaps seek allies during this coronation.

If we can get to the coronation, we'll already be doing better than last time.

SC #307

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:25 pm

Hey, Twelves Isles! Will your character bring Morr Grimm to the coronation or are you gonna have him continue stacking heads next to roads?

Also, do you guys have any sigils for your royal houses? this is the Medieval times!
Last edited by Union Princes on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:28 pm

Yeah, the Dissenters despite their violent origins have taken a bit from the Quakers when it comes to violence, and find it utterly abhorrent, and this obviously includes executions. This does put a dent on the manpower in the territories, but at the same time my primary focus isn't going to be on war, but helping the outcome of said war go just right. Audwins primary goal is the institution of the royal confederacy model, and it tends to happen that war-torn regions are sometimes better at reform in the name of peace. To Audwin the title of King is more a national symbol to unify behind rather than a position where power should truly be handed. He doesn't just believe in a system of highly autonomous feudal lords, a ceremonial king, and a legislature, however, but wants to ensure "Lord Protectors", and a Council is in place to preserve the Confederacy.

My posts are probably going to feature religious material a lot of the times as well to give further character development. All this said Audwin will be torn between bringing the criminal back to the lands of the prince or forcing him to sign on as a "code breaker", and fight. To kill someone is the greatest sin to the dissenters as it renders you not only unclean but also guilty of inflicting the curse of death on someone. So now you will be forced to fight as a soldier on a lifelong path of redemption. Being a code breaker is essentially the death penalty in absentia within the various cultures of the Lamist Territories (if they follow the Dissenter faith).

You lose the right to your old name, any family ties, and any children you father or give birth to while in service. The Code Breakers are viewed as unclean, but can still travel, have sex, and engage in various activities. Of course, none of this can be done without a constant reminder of your mark of shame for committing the most horrible act in existence. Codebreakers exist to live and die by the swords since in the Dissenter mindset only those who murder are truly worth being soldiers.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:56 pm

Union Princes wrote:Hey, Twelves Isles! Will your character bring Morr Grimm to the coronation or are you gonna have him continue stacking heads next to roads?

Also, do you guys have any sigils for your royal houses? this is the Medieval times!

Its a little rough and simple but here's the current sigil for House Drakon.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:19 am

Union Princes wrote:Hey, Twelves Isles! Will your character bring Morr Grimm to the coronation or are you gonna have him continue stacking heads next to roads?

I wasn't really thinking much about it, but I think that it would make sense to bring him to the coronation. Considering that Tyrus's agenda is independence, bringing along Morr Grimm would show that Stonehollow not only wants to be independent, but has the people who can make it happen, through force if necessary. After all, Morr Grimm doesn't really fuck around.

As for a sigil, this is the one for House Willun.
I figured a wolf, along with colder colors fit House Willuns mountainous existence, scrabbling along in the snowy hills, and occasionally coming down from their hiding places to fight those who threaten them.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:28 am

The Twelve Isles wrote:

I wasn't really thinking much about it, but I think that it would make sense to bring him to the coronation. Considering that Tyrus's agenda is independence, bringing along Morr Grimm would show that Stonehollow not only wants to be independent, but has the people who can make it happen, through force if necessary. After all, Morr Grimm doesn't really fuck around.

I figured a wolf, along with colder colors fit House Willuns mountainous existence, scrabbling along in the snowy hills, and occasionally coming down from their hiding places to fight those who threaten them.

Going to make a scene by not swearing fealty? That's certainly would make your independence clear, but may throw everything in chaos right away.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:29 am

Just sayin', in a continent with only around five mega-nations. I'm not sure I'd want to be independent. :lol:
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:38 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Going to make a scene by not swearing fealty? That's certainly would make your independence clear, but may throw everything in chaos right away.

I might, but I also worry that the other Dukes are still to loyal to the King, and it could rapidly backfire when they all come down on my ass immediately after.

Im mostly just biding my time, making it clear that independence is an option Stonehollow is considering, and waiting for others to play their cards before I reveal my hand.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Just sayin', in a continent with only around five mega-nations. I'm not sure I'd want to be independent. :lol:

See, thats the thing. We have an Etrunsil minority, so we may be able to get Etrunsil support if we convince them that we need their help to protect their people living in our lands.

Other than that, another plan is to try and get other Dukes in the Stonehollow mountains to agree to stand with Tyrus and House Willun.

If none of those things work, then we would have to wait until the whole country shits the bed, and just use the ensuing political and military chaos to just simply drift away, and we can lure anyone who tries to take us into the mountains and foothills where we have the advantage.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:44 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Just sayin', in a continent with only around five mega-nations. I'm not sure I'd want to be independent. :lol:

To be fair, those of us in the mountains have a bit of an advantage, in regards to potential independence, given it is difficult for armies to march through and few others aside from ourselves are accustomed to combat in the high mountains.

Of course, we also don't have a lot of ways to grow food . . .

GREENHOUSES! I need to build greenhouses!

The Twelve Isles wrote:Other than that, another plan is to try and get other Dukes in the Stonehollow mountains to agree to stand with Tyrus and House Willun.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh . . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . maybe.
Last edited by Auphelia on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

SC #307

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 am

Auphelia wrote:

To be fair, those of us in the mountains have a bit of an advantage, in regards to potential independence, given it is difficult for armies to march through and few others aside from ourselves are accustomed to combat in the high mountains.

I should build a greenhouse. That way I have a backup if people burn the fields and vineyards below the mountains.

Auphelia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:Other than that, another plan is to try and get other Dukes in the Stonehollow mountains to agree to stand with Tyrus and House Willun.

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . maybe.

Yeah, thats about what I figured. But I can try nonetheless.
Last edited by The Twelve Isles on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:07 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Twelve Isles wrote:

Well, chaos this early would certainly make things very interesting.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 am

Benuty wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Going to make a scene by not swearing fealty? That's certainly would make your independence clear, but may throw everything in chaos right away.

Well, chaos this early would certainly make things very interesting.

Yeah, bet the independence will quickly turn into a series of holy wars and revolts.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 am

Auphelia wrote:

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . maybe.

Now the mountains could work to your advantage, but then comes the problem of food if you cannot secure areas for harvesting or trade is cut off completely.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 am

Benuty wrote:Now the mountains could work to your advantage, but then comes the problem of food if you cannot secure areas for harvesting or trade is cut off completely.

This is why we need to build greenhouses.

SC #307

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well, chaos this early would certainly make things very interesting.

Yeah, bet the independence will quickly turn into a series of holy wars and revolts.

Oh, I have no doubt about the fact the social, and political landscape is going to change forever if things are moved too quickly. I give it a year or two before the revolts, and wars burn out if the supply chains collapse. Regardless my primary goal will be massive reforms, and the worse off the realm is as a result of said war the more willing people will be.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:14 am

Auphelia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Now the mountains could work to your advantage, but then comes the problem of food if you cannot secure areas for harvesting or trade is cut off completely.

This is why we need to build greenhouses.

Perhaps, but you will need a constant supply line for materials, and the like to build, and maintain said greenhouses. A majority of your material effort will no doubt be used to man defensive positions unless you are feeling risky, and want to take the fight to the enemy.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 am

Benuty wrote:Perhaps, but you will need a constant supply line for materials, and the like to build, and maintain said greenhouses. A majority of your material effort will no doubt be used to man defensive positions unless you are feeling risky, and want to take the fight to the enemy.

Leave our one advantage? No thanks!

I am saying that if revolt were to happen, we would need to have greenhouses already built in order to supply ourselves with food. Given Wyster's position in it all, I doubt the Entrusil Empire would say no to trading with us if we do end up needing some things we can't make or don't have ourselves.

SC #307

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:19 am

There's also the problem that, you'll struggle to find space for said greenhouses, hence why mountain nations aren't exactly renowned for their agriculture and large populations. Even with a Greenhouse, you still need the same amount of landmass to produce the same amount of crops, really.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse