NATION

PASSWORD

The Galactic Republic RP[|OOC|Political|Sci Fi|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:38 am

IC thread is open!!! Remeber this is ad dice game so you would make an action then I would make roll a dice and see the results of that action.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:43 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:IC thread is open!!! Remeber this is ad dice game so you would make an action then I would make roll a dice and see the results of that action.

Silly question, but I figured it is better to be safe than sorry, what actions do we need to leave for dice rolls? Colonizing, trying to pass bills or new laws for sure, but say a senator tried to travel between planets, so we need a dice roll to make sure they arrive safely?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:46 am

Bentus wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:IC thread is open!!! Remeber this is ad dice game so you would make an action then I would make roll a dice and see the results of that action.

Silly question, but I figured it is better to be safe than sorry, what actions do we need to leave for dice rolls? Colonizing, trying to pass bills or new laws for sure, but say a senator tried to travel between planets, so we need a dice roll to make sure they arrive safely?

I'm guessing trying to send a scoutship out, building militia, or anythings that are developing the planet or star nation itself. The senator itself would be something else entirely for the Republic Senate.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Ralnis wrote:
Bentus wrote:

I'm guessing trying to send a scoutship out, building militia, or anythings that are developing the planet or star nation itself. The senator itself would be something else entirely for the Republic Senate.

Yes, the Senate is entirely discussion and politicking no dice rolls.

Although once the Senate votes and passes a law there will be a dice roll to determine the result of that law.

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:59 am

Planet Name: Draos
Senatorial Status: Y/N Y
Description: a Environmentally stunning planet Draos tends to favor moderate policies and attempts to find compromise in every situation.
Demographics: Primarily Draosian with a significant Human populations
Culture: Hard Working Blue collared but respectful and Honorable
Government: Monarchy
Economy(Pick two resources for trade): Starship Parts and Agriculture
Region: mid rim
History (Optional):[/b] Discovered during the expansion perioud Draos became an important resource planet where pieces of starships are made and then sent to Shipbuilding companies to be assembled with that the hard working Draosian population enjoys a reasonable amount of prosperity but makes sure to not over due mining of resources and tends to mine in the Iase asteroid belt in the middle of the system. Draos's senators are chosen by the monarch of the planet.

Senator Name: Fein Zal
Senator Species: Draosian
Senator Gender: Male
Senator Age:22
Senator Appearance: approximately 2.2 meters tall with reptilian scales and a snaked tongue and slit eyes his skin color changes upon the temperature with it turning white in the heat and black in the cold to adjust his internal body pressure to keep him alive.
Senator Personality: like many Draosians Fein is rather quiet and Taciturn preferring to only give his opinion when called upon
Senator Bio: the Zal family have been Draos's representatives to the senate for generations due to their honesty and aversion of corruption
Senator Main Strength: Imparitality
Senator Main Weakness: Tends to be withdrawn giving off the impression of being meek or weakwilled.
Political Party:none
Last edited by Draos on Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:03 am

Draos wrote:
Description: a Environmentally stunning planet Draos tends to favor moderate policies and attempts to find compromise in every situation.
Demographics: Primarily Duros with a significant Human populations
History (Optional):[/b] colonized by Duros settlers during the expansion period Draos became an important resource planet where pieces of starships are made and then sent to Shipbuilding companies like KDY and Sienar Fleet systems to be assembled with that the hard working Draosian population enjoys a reasonable amount of prosperity but makes sure to not over due mining of resources and tends to mine in the Iase asteroid belt in the middle of the system. Draos's senators are chosen by the monarch of the planet.

Senator Species: Duros
Senator Appearance: typical Duros apperance Red eyes Blue-green skin lip less and nose less face
Senator Personality: like many Duros Fein is rather quiet and Taciturn preferring to only give his opinion when called upon
Senator Bio: the Zal family have been Draos's representatives to the senate for generations due to their honesty and aversion of corruption
Senator Main Weakness: Tends to be withdrawn giving off the impression of being meek or weakwilled.

No star wars species, I know this game is inspired by Star Wars, but be original when making the species

Draos
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Draos » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:04 am

okay didn't know that sorry I'll fix it.
Prime Minister and former Foreign Minister of Union of Free Nations
Draosians are a species of Gigantic Reptilian extra-terrestrials resembling Bipedal monitor lizards standing at an average of 8 feet tall and weighing around 450 pounds

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:16 am

Draos wrote:
Demographics: Primarily Draosian with a significant Human populations
History (Optional):[/b] Discovered during the expansion perioud Draos became an important resource planet where pieces of starships are made and then sent to Shipbuilding companies to be assembled with that the hard working Draosian population enjoys a reasonable amount of prosperity but makes sure to not over due mining of resources and tends to mine in the Iase asteroid belt in the middle of the system. Draos's senators are chosen by the monarch of the planet.

Senator Species: Draosian
Senator Appearance: approximately 2.2 meters tall with reptilian scales and a snaked tongue and slit eyes his skin color changes upon the temperature with it turning white in the heat and black in the cold to adjust his internal body pressure to keep him alive.
Senator Personality: like many Draosians Fein is rather quiet and Taciturn preferring to only give his opinion when called upon

Accepted I believe this is our fifth senator so I'll open the Senate thread momentarily.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Accepted I believe this is our fifth senator so I'll open the Senate thread momentarily.

Just my $0.02, is it necessary to have 2 threads? I tend to have trouble splitting my posts and attention between multithread rps, but that's just me personally.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am

Bentus wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Accepted I believe this is our fifth senator so I'll open the Senate thread momentarily.

Just my $0.02, is it necessary to have 2 threads? I tend to have trouble splitting my posts and attention between multithread rps, but that's just me personally.

Yes it would be a mess to have IC posts mixed with Senate posts

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 pm

And the Galactic Senate is officially open for business!

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Planet Name: Xynozari
Senatorial Status: Yes
Description: Xynozari is cast in perpetual twilight. Due to the fact that it orbits two stars, Hiok-A red dwarf and Bhokosi-9, a MSS with unusually high energy output, the planet does not experience winter. Additionally there is also no night on the planet, it is always twilight irregardless of the time of day, however the amount of light may vary depending on various environmental conditions. It is home to vast amounts of Flora and Fauna unique in their ability to see with almost no light. The Planet is home to two sentient species, the Xynozar and the Kiosochi, the Xynozar being the older of the two. The planet is rich in rare minerals and varying metals. Additionally it is exceptionally rocky and mountainous, with vast canyons and towering mountains ranges. Within these mountains and underground exist huge subterranean caves abundant in life. Despite being in the outer-rim it is relatively prosperous.

Demographics: There are currently thirty-one billion Xynozar and nineteen billion Kiosochi living on Xynozari. Because most other species are incapable of surviving the lack of sunlight there are almost no other non-native sentient species living on the planet. Nonsentient species number in the trillions as they generally have high breeding rates to compensate for the predatory Kiosochi. The two species live in harmony with one another, the Kiosochi making up the ground forces of the Xynozari Military, whereas the Xynozari typically serve as Spacers, Officers and Administrators. The Kiosochi are considered the lower class. The Xynozari tend to live in the Planets cities while the Kiosochi live in the rural areas, though there is some intermixing.

Culture: Culture varies between the two species. Xynozar are older and tend to value old age and wisdom over brute strength and youth. Many tales and stories told to young Xynozar focus around this ideal, usually following the trope of a young and foolish Xynozar being killed because it failed to heed the warnings of its much wiser elders. The Xynozar put great emphasis onto creation, art and music are highly esteemed among all members of society. Additionally seeking knowledge and inventing are common hobbies as those who produce a newfangled item are held in higher regard for it, scientists are very important though they also tend to double as shamans and priests.

The Kiosochi value martial prowess in contrast to the Xynozar. Almost acting like an anti-thesis, the Kiosochi tend to tell tales about youth who venture out despite the foolish warnings of their parents and triumph over vicious beasts, then are hailed as a hero by everyone around them. Sports are typically played by the Kiosochi with much greater ferocity, it is less about strategy and more about brutish aggression. The Kiosochi have a different belief system from the Xynozar. The Xynozar worship in essence, a celestial moon goddess whereas the Kiosochi worship a god of the hunt. Young Kiosochi are almost exclusively tutored by their families whereas the Xynozari regularly attend schools.

Government: The entire planet is ruled by a bicameral legislature. The Xynozar and the Kiosochi Counsels both follow the same general rules; Those rules tending to deal with corruption, violence in the legislature, the like. The Xynozar Counsel is made up of 128 Representatives while the Kiosochi Counsel is made up of 419 Representatives. Additionally there are 27 Non-Voting members of the Xynozar and 35 Non-Voting members of the Kiosochi Counsel. Most rules are made through a simple majority vote, excluding those changing the Great Pillars of Government, the equivalent to a Constitution.

There are a number of different agencies which handle crime, trade, taxation and the like. They are all subservient to the joint counsels, which are generally held to be the highest political body on the planet. Representatives are decided upon through free and fair elections in the case of the Xynozar, and trials by combat for the Kiosochi.

Economy: Xynozaria is well off in comparison to the other outer rim worlds. Its people do not know starvation, piracy is nonexistent and free trade is encouraged by the government. Xynozaria is somewhere between a mining and an agricultural world as most space is used for the production of food, while rare minerals are common and mined in regulated areas. There does exist a small sector dedicated entirely to the creation of advanced technology, including space craft. These are subsidized by the government. When trade does occur, its most typically done with either credits or the more common Xint Dollar. The Xint dollar is a local currency made of refined (Non-toxic) Samariam. Xynozarian generally exports its surplus food and precious metals. It imports luxury items such as droids, foods which need normal amounts of light, alcohols, more common minerals and weapons.

Region: Outer Rim (Specifically in the southern area of the Galaxy)
History (Optional):[/b] Not much is understood about the early history of Xynozaria. What is known is that it was once extremely well-lit and orbited a sun somewhere in the inner part of the galaxy. Sometime in its history it was thrown from its planet when its star exploded into the next stage of life. Cast into space it became a rogue planet, and its population did not die as was expected. Those on the surface either fled to the subterranean underground or stayed where they were. This was the origin of the two species, the Xynozar and the Kiosochi. The Xynozar were the ones who remained on the surface, where things became barren and the only things to survive were those that could survive in the pitch dark. Those creatures learned not to draw life from a star but instead from the air which circulated around them. They developed to live in darkness.

The Kiosochi lived underground, they survived by feeding off the animals which continuously moved from above and below ground. They remained there for thousands of years, developing differently from the Xynozar. They become hunters and killers, whereas the Xynozar remained omnivorous. The Planet remained rogue for a timeless era which came to an end only when it was caught by two stars. Its new twin orbit blinded the inhabitants of the surface, and after a few hundred years they were finally able to see in both complete darkness and extreme light. The Kiosochi finally ventured out from the subterranean world and the two species formed a harmonious relationship with one another. They formed governments and these eventually came together into a single planetary government. Life has gone on, the Xynozarians developing in relative peace. Before long they were met by members of the Galactic Republic, scarred by horrible war. They decided that it was in their best interest to join.

Appearance:

Senator Name: Zhyn Jzai Kohz
Senator Species: Xynozar (Race 3)
Senator Gender: N/A (Asexual Reproduction)
Senator Age: 188 (Average Lifespan = 200-220)
Senator Appearance: ->
Senator Personality: Zhyn is a diehard supporter of Planetary Rights, a weak or nonexistent central government and high levels of individual autonomy. He is morally incorruptible and believes that those who are found to be involved with corruption be removed from their senatorial rank. Zhyn is untwisted by populist attitudes and believes every situation must be carefully examined and not made based on emotions. He will not put his own life before his planet. He doesn't talk much but his words still carry some weight, they are always carefully thought out.
Senator Bio: Zhyn Jzai is the third offspring of Commander Izu Zhioko Kohz of the Xynozaria Fleet. As a youngling he was subjected a completely marshal education. He made no friends but grew incredibly skilled with his training and the expertise of his parent. He became an Admiral at the age of 38, taking command of the sloop Dzhar. He spent 20 years in command and throughout those years he only encountered a handful of serious danger, all of which he quashed promptly. He left his crew and gave command to one of his own offspring, a young sprout by the name of Hzazo.

He moved into politics at the still young age of 64 after some years of meditation and farming. He began in the bureaucracy of Sector-19's Xynozar Federal District. He passed laws increasing the autonomy of the region in order to protect their already fragile system of peace between several small towns. It worked and he made his way to the position of Counsel Member at the age of 93. After a tenure of 5 decades, he began to run as the Xynozaria Senator in the Galactic Republic. It took years but at the age of 170 he was able to win by a tiny 1% margin, replacing the incumbent Senator. He has been the Xynozarian Representative for 18 years and has always supported anti-government policies and laws. He has helped maintain the status quo.
Senator Main Strength: After 18 Years, he's garnered a decent amount of respect for his well thought out opinions.
Senator Main Weakness: He is rigidly against the idea of allowing the Senate extensive power.
Political Party: The Planetary Rights Party (PRP)
Theme: Theme

Species Name: Xynozar
Homeworld: Xynozaria
Species Physiology: Regardless of breed the most important organ in an Xynozar, apart from the heart, is the brain. Most energy that may have gone to developing their ancestors physical strength has tapered off. It is true that almost all excess energy not being used to sustain the individuals life goes to the development of the brain. The brain is extremely powerful and about 45% of its capacity is used at all times. When food is consumed it passes to a a small 4-chambered stomach. The first chamber breaks down most edible material. The second breaks down things that are unedible by most creatures, such as fur, hair or acid. The third chamber breaks down materials such as bones and rocks. The fourth and final chamber breaks down things such as meat. This final, fourth chamber's purpose is not to take nutrients from the meat but to break it up and immediately move to disposal in the form of waste.

When waste is collected in the body, it is enclosed inside an egg-like material. This object is thrown up by the individual every other day, except in emergencies such as when meat is consumed. Broken down food is deposited around the body by the blood, typically. When there is an injury, the brain is given the most attention. Blood is never deprived from the brain, even if a body part is in risk of being lost. The heart is not necessary, though it is arguably important. The purpose of the heart is to pump blood throughout the body, though if the heart is destroyed or injured, the blood vessels are also muscles in and of themselves. Blood will continue to pump, though the individual will feel incredibly weak as the muscles require constant energy to remain pumping.

The eyes are nearly as complex as the brain. They are capable of adjusting to normal light, near darkness and total darkness. Too much light can lead to blindness however. The eyes compensate for this by being double layered, sudden flashes will not lead to permanent eye damage. There are several breeds with minor differences between them, mostly in appearance. They all reproduce asexually and none can eat meat as a diet, however Race 13, the final race and the rarest, can eat meat if it is lathered in a special syrup.
Description: The Xynozar are committed to knowledge and prove adept in intellect and quick thinking. Their brain, being the most important part of the body and constantly alert, can usually come to comprehend difficult concepts rather quickly. They worship a celestial goddess who they believe is responsible for their creation. They are the survivors of a rogue planet, a timeless planet. They have developed to survive incredibly hard conditions, this has cost them as they are a less than empathetic species.
Other Information: Races 1, 6 and 8

Species Name: Kiosochi
Homeworld: Xynozaria
Species Physiology: Kiosochi share many features with the Xynozar. Their veins can act as muscles similarly, however their brain is not similarly developed. Much of their energy goes towards the production of hormones. These hormones aid the Kiosochi in their hunts by increasing cell replication, muscle tension and increasing the speed by which the brain works. Their stomachs are only two chambered, they can eat only meat and nothing else. The first chamber processes the meat and the second breaks down any other material to be thrown out as waste. The Kiosochi remove waste in a similar process as the Xynozar

The Kiosochi are capable of both sexual and asexual reproduction. In order to commit to sexual reproduction they act as hermaphrodites, trading genetic material by which to create a youngling. Unlike the Xynozar, which can produce three younglings, the Kiosochi can produce up to six. They are also unique in that their teeth continuously replicate and fall out as they become loose and fall out. Their claws grow naturally into sharp points which can be used to grip or tear flesh. They also have extremely good hearing.
Description: The Kiosochi act oppositely from their cousins, leaving an effective niche that needs filled. Whereas they eat only meat, their cousins consume both plants and plant-derived material. The Kiosochi's society is based on the hunt. They are commonly ranchers, raising and slaughtering various non-sentient species. The Kiosochi are the warriors of Xynozaria, the greatest hunters become soldiers in the Xynozaria ground forces, or miners because of their inherent strength.
Other Information:

Political Party Name: The Planetary Rights Party (PRP)
Political Party Main Color: Green
Political Party Logo:

Political Party Founder: Zarki Valris
Political Party History: The PRP was founded by a human by the name of Zarki Valris during the onset of The Galactic Republic. Its founder, a veteran of the Cybernetics War, was gravely concerned that any sort of Interstellar Government would become centralized enough to restrict the rights of individual planets. He formed the proto-party of the PRP, the Interstellar Pact for the Protection of Planetary Rights, or IPPPR. This party eventually splintered and the remainder formed together to create the PRP.
Political Party Leader Karver Danovik
Political Party Values and Goals: The Galactic Republic exists to facilitate trade and peaceful relations between planets. It does not exist to restrict the rights of its represented planets, nor does it exist to dominate and control free trade. The PRP intends to maintain the status quo, to keep The Galactic Republic from falling to tyranny. Freedom and Independence is the motto of the Party because it will maintain the freedom that The Galactic Republic was founded on, it will maintain the independence of all of the Republics trillions of citizens.
Other info of your party (Optional): Members can be identified by the Party Logo, which is usually pinned on clothing, tattooed on the skin or otherwise available to be seen. The Party receives vast amounts of money from banks and companies across the galaxy. It is most popular in the outer and middle rings of the galaxy.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Everything looks good accepted! You can post in the Senate and IC threads now have any questions just let me know :D

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:03 pm

Novas, Bla Ary was building a shipyard, not a spaceport.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Ralnis wrote:Novas, Bla Ary was building a shipyard, not a spaceport.

This, also I may not have been clear, but Hermes has NO intention of war. That would go directly against corporate interest. Rather he intends to intimidate neighboring planets into slightly unfavorable trade deals, before buying up their entire planets.
Last edited by Bla Ary on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Anyone got some advice for an opening action? Didn't really have anything particular in mind :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:18 pm

Bentus wrote:Anyone got some advice for an opening action? Didn't really have anything particular in mind :3

Contact EXOC and ask to start buying and selling stuff back and forth? You could get some serious cash off them if you get them to industrialize on your planet.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Bentus wrote:Anyone got some advice for an opening action? Didn't really have anything particular in mind :3

Maybe try to get a hold of the other queens in your empire? Try to use your first action to reel. In or purge any rebellious queens or hives? Maybe search your neighboring planets in your region?

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:32 pm

Um... weren’t we planning on an opening action, Bentus?
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Zjaum wrote:Um... weren’t we planning on an opening action, Bentus?

Yep, hopefully that will be the intro for the Senators :)

I'll probably go for exploring neighbouring planets - I'm sure that the best way to deal with internal unrest is for the Empire to spread itself even thinner!
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 am

Bentus wrote:
Zjaum wrote:Um... weren’t we planning on an opening action, Bentus?

Yep, hopefully that will be the intro for the Senators :)

I'll probably go for exploring neighbouring planets - I'm sure that the best way to deal with internal unrest is for the Empire to spread itself even thinner!

Can you put the action in your IC post so that Novas knows what it is for the rolls?

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:03 am

Tag if this is still open!
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:51 am

Bla Ary wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Novas, Bla Ary was building a shipyard, not a spaceport.

This, also I may not have been clear, but Hermes has NO intention of war. That would go directly against corporate interest. Rather he intends to intimidate neighboring planets into slightly unfavorable trade deals, before buying up their entire planets.

Ah I misread let me edit then.Still rumors will spread about building massive war machines being a precursor to war.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:40 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Bla Ary wrote:

Ah I misread let me edit then.Still rumors will spread about building massive war machines being a precursor to war.

Absolutely, I totally understand that. And that's a side effect that will be dealt with.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 am

Bentus could you give a list of all the planets under your influence?

Also, remember y'all for actions that'll have an impact on your star-nation or the wider galaxy itself requires a dice roll.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse