NATION

PASSWORD

Colonial: A politcal rp:OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Colonial: A politcal rp:OOC

Postby Spaceania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Introduction

Do you ever dream of nation building? Well of course you did as your here on NS. But did you ever wanna go in-depth? Here we are in new London in 1876 a colony of the British empire. The situation is on the verge of collapse between loyalists and small yet loud nationalists. You are someone living in this colony. Will the colony gain nationhood? Or stay a loyal subject to the British crown? Shall our great leaders decide.
(Note this is NOT based on any real life colonies any similarity between real life colonies is completely coincidental)
History so far

In 1763 the colony of New London was founded as a British colony. In 1776 the colony was attacked by american revolutionaries and successfully repulsed them yet there was a large number of citizens sympathetic towards the american cause. In 1796 the colony tried a similar revolt yet failed. Finally in 1842 the colony was granted responsible government the British empire fearing another revolt yet it did not stop the Independence movement .
REST WILL BE RPED
Misc imformation

Capital: New London
Current Year: 1843
Premier: None
Governor general: Spaceania
There are currently:5 seats in the house of commons
Rules

• Political parties may be created IC
  • Until i finish a real constitution basically elections will happen every 1 months anyone can vote and i will split seats among the parties based on who got votes. The premier will be the leader of the party with the most votes
  • Well in debate no searching up stuff
  • No coup de'tats or revolts
  • Stay in the technology of the day.
  • Non politicians are allowed
  • There is money you can work for it and such but be reasonable
Character application

Code: Select all
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b] Gender:[/b]
[b] Age (must be 18 or over) :[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[b] Life story:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Money(be reasonable):[/b]
[b]Skills[/b]
[b]Flaws[/b]
Last edited by Spaceania on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A bunch of Canadian astronaut's who decided for some reason they wanted independence.Im also the president of the Union of Liberal Nations

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Characters

Louis Danton: Gender: Male Age: 35 Money: £42.89
Felix Stanford: Gender: Male Age: 31 Money: £160,000
Last edited by Spaceania on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
A bunch of Canadian astronaut's who decided for some reason they wanted independence.Im also the president of the Union of Liberal Nations

Furonistan
Civilian

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Character

Postby Furonistan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Character name: Louis Danton
Age (must be 18 or over) : 35
Appearance: 1.78m, 75kg, long dark brown hair, thick moustache, robust, green eyes, bumpy nose (what else?)
Life story: my parents escaped from France decades ago, and after passing by several countries, my family ended up here. I worked for many employees, but after saving some money, I started my own trade company (mostly fur and textiles) with some distant cousin. Never the less, I'm still kinda poor.
Personality: irritable, lone wolf, cynical.
Money(be reasonable): very little, just enough to survive (what's the currency?)
Skills knowledge about finances, a little bit of combat and strategy.
Flaws total lack of diplomatic skills, trigger happy, and can be cruel

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Tag. What pray tell is New London exporting/importing? Is it near any other colonies of note?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:36 am

Danceria wrote:Tag. What pray tell is New London exporting/importing? Is it near any other colonies of note?

It is exporting Timber,beaver pelt and fish
and it is importing Food and Industrial equipment
It is near america and the various British north american colonies

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:37 am

Furonistan wrote:Character name: Louis Danton
Age (must be 18 or over) : 35
Appearance: 1.78m, 75kg, long dark brown hair, thick moustache, robust, green eyes, bumpy nose (what else?)
Life story: my parents escaped from France decades ago, and after passing by several countries, my family ended up here. I worked for many employees, but after saving some money, I started my own trade company (mostly fur and textiles) with some distant cousin. Never the less, I'm still kinda poor.
Personality: irritable, lone wolf, cynical.
Money(be reasonable): very little, just enough to survive (what's the currency?)
Skills knowledge about finances, a little bit of combat and strategy.
Flaws total lack of diplomatic skills, trigger happy, and can be cruel

We use British pounds.
Accepted

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am

Spaceania wrote:
Danceria wrote:Tag. What pray tell is New London exporting/importing? Is it near any other colonies of note?

It is exporting Timber,beaver pelt and fish

sounds really interesting, im assuming its generic british north america? Any info on population, demographics, gdp, etc? I want a character focused on economics
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:55 am

Dentali wrote:
Spaceania wrote:It is exporting Timber,beaver pelt and fish

sounds really interesting, im assuming its generic british north america? Any info on population, demographics, gdp, etc? I want a character focused on economics

Yep generic British north america.
I will provide the information in a bit just got to look up some information about British north american colonies

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 am

Dentali wrote:
Spaceania wrote:It is exporting Timber,beaver pelt and fish

Population: 419,546
Gdp: 3.5 million
Demographics:
its hard to find demographics of British north america so this is the best where getting for a little bit
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 am

Spaceania wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Demographics:
its hard to find demographics of British north america so this is the best where getting for a little bit
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

Would I be safe in assuming its location is in Modern Day New Brunswick/Nova Scotia area
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:40 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Spaceania wrote:Population: 419,546
Demographics:
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

Would I be safe in assuming its location is in Modern Day New Brunswick/Nova Scotia area

Yep i based it quite a bit on that area with a little influence from the province of Canada

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 am

Spaceania wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:Would I be safe in assuming its location is in Modern Day New Brunswick/Nova Scotia area

Yep i based it quite a bit on that area with a little influence from the province of Canada

Using inflation figures, the current economy is worth about 70 Million 2018 USD.
With 1 Pound at this time worth around 20 USD in 2018.
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Spaceania wrote:Yep i based it quite a bit on that area with a little influence from the province of Canada

Using inflation figures, the current economy is worth about 70 Million 2018 USD.
With 1 Pound at this time worth around 20 USD in 2018.

I also based it a bit on some other places but that might have been a bit wrong since they where in an economic crisis apparently so i will quickly check over in a bit

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am

Character name: Felix Stanford
Age (must be 18 or over) : 31
Appearance:

Life story: Felix was born in Toronto Canada on November 6, 1845. He grew up with 2 Brothers, and a younger sister. When he was 11 his sister died of Typhoid fever which devastated his family. They moved to New London to start a new life. His father had a good estate with around 6,000 Pounds to his name. He bought a couple of fishing boats and hired some fisherman where he started building up a good fishing company. Meanwhile he and his brothers were growing up, His father made enough money to send each of his children to Dartmouth College in America. Here they all became well educated and picked up a bit of liberal fervor while in the US. Coming back, his eldest brother left to Canada Where he started a fur trapping company. Meanwhile Felix and his older brother Robin built the Stanford Hotel in New London. The hotel became successful with Felix traveling to England and the Netherlands to secure shipments of luxury goods from Europe. Meanwhile Felix's eldest brother, Henry, moved his trapping company to the Colony where they thought their would be less competition and better contracts from the British government. He was right. He also realized the hole in the timber industry, and new that with european equipment one of his brothers could build up a large timber company. Felix was the one that took the job while Robin stayed in New London and started to build a variety of fine clothing and luxury shops.

At this time Felix was 24, his brothers 27 and 25, and none of them were getting any younger, his father used his influence to marry his older brother to a wealthy merchant's daughter. His oldest brother married a dutch immigrant, and Felix was left to find his own wife, as his father died when he was 25. As he and his brothers grieved he knew the power of social connections. Thus he went to England and found a rich aristocratic wife who could help secure contracts for his company. It payed off and he soon became the leader of the timber industry with strong modern equipment and a wealthy and steady source of income. He also noticed that a lot of his contracts were going to construction and ship building. So when he was 28 he started his own construction company, Stanford Construction, and his own ship building company Stanford Ships. He then built up a fleet of three merchant ships to serve him and his brothers economic ventures. He funded this by registering his ventures as the Stanford Company in New London at the London and New York Stock Exchanges. While in the US he also secured contracts with many US companies to supply them with wood. Using his cheap prices since he own his own shipping company. He then bought products from the US Market and brought them back to new Brunswick at a mark up, which happened to be mildly cheaper than british products being that the American Production lines were much closer. Thus by 30 he had built his net worth to a staggering 150,000 British Pounds (3 Million in today's money), and built himself a mansion on the outskirts of the city. He also had a child named James in that year. Now he desires to protect his economic empire though he feels that increasing British regulations could at any point destroy his entire operation.
Personality: Charismatic, Humorous, Intelligent, slightly greedy and boastful
Money(be reasonable): 160,000 GBP
Skills: Charismatic, Intelligent (i.e. College Educated), Very good planner, Great at Economic Stuff
Flaws: Self Focused, slightly greedy, Prideful, Boastful
Last edited by Duestchstien on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:34 am

Duestchstien wrote:Character name: Felix Stanford
Age (must be 18 or over) : 31
Appearance:

Life story: Felix was born in Toronto Canada on November 6, 1845. He grew up with 2 Brothers, and a younger sister. When he was 11 his sister died of Typhoid fever which devastated his family. They moved to New London to start a new life. His father had a good estate with around 6,000 Pounds to his name. He bought a couple of fishing boats and hired some fisherman where he started building up a good fishing company. Meanwhile he and his brothers were growing up, His father made enough money to send each of his children to Dartmouth College in America. Here they all became well educated and picked up a bit of liberal fervor while in the US. Coming back, his eldest brother left to Canada Where he started a fur trapping company. Meanwhile Felix and his older brother Robin built the Stanford Hotel in New London. The hotel became successful with Felix traveling to England and the Netherlands to secure shipments of luxury goods from Europe. Meanwhile Felix's eldest brother, Henry, moved his trapping company to the Colony where they thought their would be less competition and better contracts from the British government. He was right. He also realized the hole in the timber industry, and new that with european equipment one of his brothers could build up a large timber company. Felix was the one that took the job while Robin stayed in New London and started to build a variety of fine clothing and luxury shops.

At this time Felix was 24, his brothers 27 and 25, and none of them were getting any younger, his father used his influence to marry his older brother to a wealthy merchant's daughter. His oldest brother married a dutch immigrant, and Felix was left to find his own wife, as his father died when he was 25. As he and his brothers grieved he knew the power of social connections. Thus he went to England and found a rich aristocratic wife who could help secure contracts for his company. It payed off and he soon became the leader of the timber industry with strong modern equipment and a wealthy and steady source of income. He also noticed that a lot of his contracts were going to construction and ship building. So when he was 28 he started his own construction company, Stanford Construction, and his own ship building company Stanford Ships. He then built up a fleet of three merchant ships to serve him and his brothers economic ventures. He funded this by registering his ventures as the Stanford Company in New London at the London and New York Stock Exchanges. While in the US he also secured contracts with many US companies to supply them with wood. Using his cheap prices since he own his own shipping company. He then bought products from the US Market and brought them back to new Brunswick at a mark up, which happened to be mildly cheaper than british products being that the American Production lines were much closer. Thus by 30 he had built his net worth to a staggering 150,000 British Pounds (3 Million in today's money), and built himself a mansion on the outskirts of the city. He also had a child named James in that year. Now he desires to protect his economic empire though he feels that increasing British regulations could at any point destroy his entire operation.
Personality: Charismatic, Humorous, Intelligent, slightly greedy and boastful
Money(be reasonable): 160,000 GBP
Skills: Charismatic, Intelligent (i.e. College Educated), Very good planner, Great at Economic Stuff
Flaws: Self Focused, slightly greedy, Prideful, Boastful

Wow great job!
Accepted!
The IC forum will be created soon

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 am

Spaceania wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Demographics:
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

I should have been clearer, when I said demographics I was speaking more about occupations and income brackets, kinda like pops in Victoria 2 if you’re familiar

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:01 am

Dentali wrote:
Demographics:
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

I should have been clearer, when I said demographics I was speaking more about occupations and income brackets, kinda like pops in Victoria 2 if you’re familiar

Income Brackets probably the same as IRL
Richest to poorest:
Aristorcats- Rich + Birth Rite
Gentry- Rich
Merchants- Traveling Middle Class
Middle Class- Rich enough to own a decent home and has a good job, probably a manager of some sort
Lower Class- Most of the population, works in menial labor (i.e. Farmers, Lumberjacks, Factory Workers)
Poor- Runt of the Litter, Drunks, Orphans and the like.
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:05 am

National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:25 am

Dentali wrote:
Demographics:
54% under 19
2.7% over 65
43.6% 19-65

Oh ok that should be easier to figure out. The occupations are as follows
43% farmer
32% lumberjacks
14% fishers
11% misc
Income
Census information on British north america is hard to come by But the above post gives a good picture of what they could have been

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 am

Spaceania wrote:
Dentali wrote:

43% farmer
32% lumberjacks
14% fishers
11% misc
Income
Census information on British north america is hard to come by But the above post gives a good picture of what they could have been

merchants?

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 am

Dentali wrote:
Spaceania wrote:Oh ok that should be easier to figure out. The occupations are as follows
43% farmer
32% lumberjacks
14% fishers
11% misc
Income

merchants?

The Miscellaneous Category
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Dentali wrote:

merchants?

The Miscellaneous Category

Was about to post that lol

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 am

Spaceania wrote:
Dentali wrote:

43% farmer
32% lumberjacks
14% fishers
11% misc
Income

I do think the farmer and lumberjack percentage should be decreased by a couple percentages so that a specific category for fur trappers could be made, since its one of the primary industries of not only the colony but northern north america as a whole
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Spaceania
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spaceania » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:49 am

Duestchstien wrote:
Spaceania wrote:Oh ok that should be easier to figure out. The occupations are as follows
43% farmer
32% lumberjacks
14% fishers
11% misc
Income

I do think the farmer and lumberjack percentage should be decreased by a couple percentages so that a specific category for fur trappers could be made, since its one of the primary industries of not only the colony but northern north america as a whole

Ok So here is the up to date list
40% farmer
30% lumberjacks
14% fishers
10% misc
6% fur trapper
There that should be good

Duestchstien
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:53 am

Spaceania wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:I do think the farmer and lumberjack percentage should be decreased by a couple percentages so that a specific category for fur trappers could be made, since its one of the primary industries of not only the colony but northern north america as a whole

Ok So here is the up to date list
40% farmer
30% lumberjacks
14% fishers
10% misc
6% fur trapper
There that should be good

Looks good, however I did just realize that new brunswick isn't much of a farming region, so if you want you could take some percent from that and put it toward factory workers and port workers. But its up to you.
National Info
Capital - Moscow
Active RPs

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse