NATION

PASSWORD

Soul Reaper (Open, Fantasy, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:07 am

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Izayoi is ready to meet the emperor.

I finally have some free time today so I'll try to get a post up with the Emperor preparing for the conference. Though I hope other houses will be there too

Xichung wrote:
Character Name: Memphis Nane
Appearance:(Image)
House (what family does your character belong to?):
Personality:she looks down on others and cares for her own intrests above others. she still see life sacred.
Mage Type :dark mage
Magic/Abilities :extremly skilled with her great sword

immortality: her body can be cut up and broken apart all she wants but remain immortal as long as her sword is intact

energy vampire: she can empower her sword using her own soul as energy and if it hits a target it will drain mana/energy from the target and transfer it back to her.

she can see another's soul energy through objects and even interact with things in the world without using her body.

she is heavy and hard to move.

healing magic, easily heals major wounds and must use up energy to cure disease
Limitations :
she can't drop her greatsword

if the sword is broken the curse must be done again to another, her body can be at least 10m away from the sword before it drops like a hunk of metal. she can transfer her soul to the body but in an extremely weakened state. she will extremely slowly strengthen

if enough her attacks don't hit she will be exhausted and must stop to recover, she will also have slower movement

during the time she is interacting without a body, her body and sword are vulnerable

as her weight can protect her from being blown away or magic attacks that can pick her up. it put her at disadvantage to sneaking around and even using certain objects

she can heal nearly all wounds, but not her own. she needs a blacksmith to pour molten steel into the holes.
Faction : she doesn't follow anyone
Biography:long ago before the kingdoms were united there lived a queen of the deserts, she knew of magic that could change the very soul of beings and even destroy them. people feared her great power, but she was also a healer. she cared for her people and when a plague that threatened to make her kingdom go extinct came to. she set it her goal cured everyone and so she did, all but herself, she was weakened and could not cure the plague. she didn't allow anyone near her in fear of infecting others, and as her health declined greatly she slowly couldn't even cast a spell. a dark mage, a man who went by the name of Thanatos brought forth an answer to save her, he told her "this is the cure to living, I shall make you immortal and unable to die" the queen thought upon it before a cough of blood interrupted her thoughts only to make her agree in the end. the mage told her "bring forth her greatest blacksmiths and have them make a steel body immune to most magic and a great sword that could cut all".
when they finished it midnight and he carved runes into both the chest of the body and the sword. he then had her lay next to the body and he spoke words that could not be understood, but the runes glowed brightly as the sword ripped her soul from soon to be a corpse and locked it away inside. she screamed in agony every second. she was soon transferred when she woke it was centuries after. her people were all gone and her palace covered in sand and long dead, her own corpse lying next to her, nothing but bones. she grabbed a nearby cloth and wrapped it around her neck to make makeshift cloths and took the sword with her and covered it. she crawled out and traveled the deserts, practicing her new abilities as she traveled. she longed for answers to what happened and to take back her kingdom, her travels brought her to meet people and teach her the world, but all eventually fell to mortality.
Additional Information:there are curse runes on her chest and sword

Immortality is quite an interesting power. However, if the sword is broken, then does her soul leave? I saw that Memphis is able to take over the bodies of others, but in an "extremely weakened state." So I'm assuming she'll just take over someone else, but would that mean she loses her immortality?

Xichung wrote:hey op, since you are not online often, due to school, can you set me as co-op. im online often so stuff doesn't slip past me

I'm willing to make you, Haedros, and 5pb Co Ops if you all want to. For now I'll just have you and Haedros until 5pb accepts/declines.

Then I shall make Izayoi's conference post.

I will accept the role of a Co-op.

Edit: Is there any special symbol or item that represents the rank of a Phoenix Knight, if so what is it?
Last edited by 5pb on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Xichung
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:49 am

post up
blood on the petals/ death is the true end of us/ let us not die yet

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Xichung wrote:post up

Psst you made the exact same post before, just to let you know.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:28 am

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:post up

Psst you made the exact same post before, just to let you know.

yes i did, and felt it was ignored, so that why it a copy and paste

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:06 pm

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:
I finally have some free time today so I'll try to get a post up with the Emperor preparing for the conference. Though I hope other houses will be there too

Immortality is quite an interesting power. However, if the sword is broken, then does her soul leave? I saw that Memphis is able to take over the bodies of others, but in an "extremely weakened state." So I'm assuming she'll just take over someone else, but would that mean she loses her immortality?

I'm willing to make you, Haedros, and 5pb Co Ops if you all want to. For now I'll just have you and Haedros until 5pb accepts/declines.
no, my idea is only a steel body, like taking over a suit of armor, but she will not be able to take over another person

Ok. I think that's fine for now. Accepted

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Then I shall make Izayoi's conference post.

Edit: Is there any special symbol or item that represents the rank of a Phoenix Knight, if so what is it?

The symbol for a Phoenix Knight would be a phoenix, which represents the Allegrodo dynasty's signature emblem.

Xichung wrote:
5pb wrote:Psst you made the exact same post before, just to let you know.

yes i did, and felt it was ignored, so that why it a copy and paste

I just read the last line and realized Azreal just arrived at the Imperial Palace. Sorry I didn't catch that before.
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Asardia wrote:
Xichung wrote:no, my idea is only a steel body, like taking over a suit of armor, but she will not be able to take over another person

Ok. I think that's fine for now. Accepted

5pb wrote:Then I shall make Izayoi's conference post.

The symbol for a Phoenix Knight would be a phoenix, which represents the Allegrodo dynasty's signature emblem.

Xichung wrote:yes i did, and felt it was ignored, so that why it a copy and paste

I just read the last line and realized Azreal just arrived at the Imperial Palace. Sorry I didn't catch that before.

It’s ok, that’s why I reposted it

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:38 pm

I also wanted to make an update post.

Haedros, Xichung, and 5pb are now Co Ops

Here is a list of newly accepted characters, houses, and faction. If you believe your app should have been accepted, please link tell me so I can review it again (as I'm assuming I asked you to make changes to it).

Characters:
Jakob Abseilon (Freedom's Call): Haedros 92712
Ami Lania (Freedom's Call): Haedros 92712
Anasui Marco (AKA JoJo Reference) (Freedom's Call): Haedros 92712
Elias James Averford (Freedom's Call): Haedros 92712
Memphis Nane: Xichung

Houses:
House Abseilon: Haedros 92712

Factions:
Freedom’s Call: Haedros
Last edited by Asardia on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:21 am

New post made

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Asardia wrote:I also wanted to make an update post.

Here is a list of newly accepted characters, houses, and faction. If you believe your app should have been accepted, please link tell me so I can review it again (as I'm assuming I asked you to make changes to it).

Characters:

Houses:

Factions:

What about my two sibling characters? I forgot, but was there anything you wanted me to to change before they could be accepted?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:57 am

Character Name: Caimus Abseilon
Appearance: Image
House (what family does your character belong to?): House Abseilon
Personality: Caimus is much the opposite of his brother, not particularly fond of taking action in order to gain vengeance. He is also incredibly loyal to the empire, being on of the few Abseilons to ever be credited as a high ranking officer of the Phoenix knights. He despises those who oppose the empire, and does not hesitate to kill for the empire. Caimus also has something of a moral code, refusing to kill this who cannot fight back, no matter what side they may be on. Any execution he has ever performed has been in a battle-to-the-death style duel. He is also loyal
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Inquisitor?): Archmage/Esoteric
Magic/Abilities (if any):
-Fire magic: Being a Phoenix knight, Caimus obviously has some experience with fire magic, especially a technique he calls “fire lance”, a bolt of fire that is primarily used for long ranged attacks, and is designed specifically to blast through armor at long distances and deal fatal wounds.
-Wind magic: Caimus wields a particularly fierce technique known as Forseti, a torrent of wind moving at such high speeds that it shreds through armor and flesh, essentially making each gale a blade. Just imagine hundreds of knives being thrown at you at incredibly high speeds.
-Water magic: Caimus wields the rather fatal but short distance technique “Absolute Zero”, in which he brings all the moisture and air in a 2 meter radius to its lowest possible temperature, nullifying fire and water magic, and allowing him to perform incredibly deadly frost.based attacks within his two meter range.
-Earth magic: Caimus uses earth magic more as a defense than an attack, using the technique “Gaia’s Heart” to create shields of pure stone that protrude from the ground to block oncoming attacks.
-Esoteric: Caimus’ Esoteric power is known as “Scan”, a magic similar in principle to sensor magic. When this ability is activated, he can see the magical auras of other mages, as wells as see the points through which magic flows in their body. In addition to this, he can also have it active and use it as an assist to his own magic, allowing him to more precisely fire off spells, or use it during physical combat to rapidly read his opponents fighting style and make effective counter attacks. One final aspect of Scan is it’s ability to “trace.” By locking on to a person, Caimus can see all of a persons movements in a linear fashion similar to Nude Descending a Staircase, in which he can see the afterimage of each previous movement and track them for so long as he is locked in. However, he can only do this to one individual, and the scan affect only works on whomever he targets.
-Martial arts: Caimus is adept at physical combat, armed and unarmed. He specializes in neutralizing his opponent via swift strikes to vital locations in the body. He is also incredibly agile.
-Swordsmanship: Few can match Caimus in the art of the blade. Caimus usually wields a rapier, though he can also use a broadsword and even a scimitar.
Limitations (what are the restrictions on your character’s abilities?):
-Magic: Magic in all aspects makes Camius a fierce warrior, but most of his prominent techniques take up huge amounts of energy to use, so he is typically limited to standard magic usage, not very often using his Forseti or Fire Lance. To add to this, Forseti is incredibly inaccurate at mid to long range, and is truly only effective at a short range of 6 meters or so. Each of his powers is counter able via another element. Forseti is not strong enough to overcome strong earth magic, absolute zero is helpless against wind and earth magic, fire lance is weak to water, earth, and wind magic, and Gaia’s Heart can be overcome by another earth magic user, who could just manipulate his own stone shields.
-Scan: The scan can be used indefinitely at almost no cost to Caimus’s reserve of magic, but has no offensive strengths whatsoever, meaning if he is too low on energy to actually use an offensive magic, he then must rely on physical capabilities which often can’t match stronger magic. In physical combat, Caimus is almost unmatched, but when it comes to physical vs. magical, it gets a bit tougher, this why Caimus normal tries to disable his opponents magic very early in the battle via strikes to the points in which magic flows through.
Caimus’ greatest flaw, however, is his overpowering morals. He does not allow himself to harm those who cannot fight, making him incapable of ever using the threat of harming a prisoner to force another individuals hand, nor can he force himself to consider killing his own brother, the one traitor whom he could never bring himself to kill due to what familial loyalty he has left.
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): House Abseilon/Phoenix Knights
Biography: One of the few things that Caimus shares with his brother is his secretive nature. All that is known is that at some point he joined the Phoenix knights and rapidly rose in the ranks due to his skill in magic, which even before he joined was far greater than most average mages. Now he stands as one of the emperors top men, as well as an executioner for the empire. He has siglehandedly taken out entire bandit camps, faced down fierce magic users in combat, and led a siege on an entire city invaded and captured by bandits.
Additional Information (anything else you want to say?): Caimus will likely be one of the biggest problems the Etira will have to face.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:39 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Caimus is much the opposite of his brother, not particularly fond of taking action in order to gain vengeance. He is also incredibly loyal to the empire, being on of the few Abseilons to ever be credited as a high ranking officer of the Phoenix knights. He despises those who oppose the empire, and does not hesitate to kill for the empire. Caimus also has something of a moral code, refusing to kill this who cannot fight back, no matter what side they may be on. Any execution he has ever performed has been in a battle-to-the-death style duel.
Mage Type (Mage, Sensor, Esoteric, Medic, Archmage, Inquisitor?): Archmage/Esoteric
-Fire magic: Being a Phoenix knight, Caimus obviously has some experience with fire magic, especially a technique he calls “fire lance”, a bolt of fire that is primarily used for long ranged attacks, and is designed specifically to be automatically lethal.
-Wind magic: Caimus wields a particularly fierce technique known as Forseti, a torrent of wind moving at such high speeds that it shreds through armor and flesh, essentially making each gale a blade.
-Water magic: Caimus is less adept in water magic as other categories, and thus only uses basic but offer offensive water techniques.
-Earth magic: Caimus uses earth magic more as a defense than an attack, using the technique “Gaia’s Heart” to create shields of pure stone that protrude from the ground to block oncoming attacks.
-Esoteric: Caimus’ Esoteric power is known as “Scan”, a magic that allows him to simply look at his opponent and identify every magic ability they wield, all of their physical and magical weaknesses, and even their fighting styles.
-Martial arts: Caimus is adept at physical combat, armed and unarmed. He specializes in neutralizing his opponent via swift strikes to vital locations in the body. He is also incredibly agile.
-Swordsmanship: Few can match Caimus in the art of the blade. Caimus usually wields a rapier, though he can also use a broadsword and even a scimitar.
-Magic: Magic in all aspects makes Camius a fierce warrior, but most of his prominent techniques take up huge amounts of energy to use, so he is typically limited to standard magic usage, not very often using his Forseti or Fire Lance.
-Scan: The scan does not instantly activate. Instead, Caimus must be able to maintain visual on his target for a minimum of ten seconds for the ability to work.
Faction (does your character belong to a faction? Where does your character’s loyalties lie?): House Abseilon/Phoenix Knights
Biography: One of the few things that Caimus shares with his brother is his secretive nature. All that is known is that at some point he joined the Phoenix knights and rapidly rose in the ranks due to his skill in magic, which even before he joined was far greater than most average mages. Now he stands as one of the emperors top men, as well as an executioner for the empire.
Additional Information (anything else you want to say?):

i see scan becoming op and the wind magic

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 am

I can't wait til Baesu v Izayoi.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:22 am

5pb wrote:I can't wait til Baesu v Izayoi.

well she gonna need to wait cause she just managed to survive a hydrogen bomb going off right next to her

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:48 am

Xichung wrote:

well she gonna need to wait cause she just managed to survive a hydrogen bomb going off right next to her

Izayoi is a different character. You blew up Azami

Without further ado:

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Xichung wrote:well she gonna need to wait cause she just managed to survive a hydrogen bomb going off right next to her

Izayoi is a different character. You blew up Azami

im stupid srry, i forget things like that

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 pm

how about old man Thanatos visit azami

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Xichung wrote:how about old man Thanatos visit azami

She is under the protection of Freedom’s Song at the moment
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Without further ado:

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Xichung wrote:how about old man Thanatos visit azami

She is under the protection of Freedom’s Song at the moment

I’ll have the old man app put up eventually

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Xichung wrote:

Izayoi is a guy, Lili and Azami are Girls.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:26 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Asardia wrote:I also wanted to make an update post.

Characters:

Houses:

Factions:

What about my two sibling characters? I forgot, but was there anything you wanted me to to change before they could be accepted?

You're talking about Aizan and Reina Yukimora, right? I looked back and I wanted you to expand more on their biographies. Same goes for Damien Crucion.

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Personality: Caimus is much the opposite of his brother, not particularly fond of taking action in order to gain vengeance. He is also incredibly loyal to the empire, being on of the few Abseilons to ever be credited as a high ranking officer of the Phoenix knights. He despises those who oppose the empire, and does not hesitate to kill for the empire. Caimus also has something of a moral code, refusing to kill this who cannot fight back, no matter what side they may be on. Any execution he has ever performed has been in a battle-to-the-death style duel. He is also loyal
-Fire magic: Being a Phoenix knight, Caimus obviously has some experience with fire magic, especially a technique he calls “fire lance”, a bolt of fire that is primarily used for long ranged attacks, and is designed specifically to blast through armor at long distances and deal fatal wounds.
-Wind magic: Caimus wields a particularly fierce technique known as Forseti, a torrent of wind moving at such high speeds that it shreds through armor and flesh, essentially making each gale a blade. Just imagine hundreds of knives being thrown at you at incredibly high speeds.
-Water magic: Caimus wields the rather fatal but short distance technique “Absolute Zero”, in which he brings all the moisture and air in a 2 meter radius to its lowest possible temperature, nullifying fire and water magic, and allowing him to perform incredibly deadly frost.based attacks within his two meter range.
-Esoteric: Caimus’ Esoteric power is known as “Scan”, a magic that allows him to simply look at his opponent and identify every magic ability they wield, all of their physical and magical weaknesses, and even their fighting styles.
-Magic: Magic in all aspects makes Camius a fierce warrior, but most of his prominent techniques take up huge amounts of energy to use, so he is typically limited to standard magic usage, not very often using his Forseti or Fire Lance. To add to this, Forseti is incredibly inaccurate at mid to long range, and is truly only effective at a short range of 6 meters or so. Each of his powers is counter able via another element. Forseti is not strong enough to overcome strong earth magic, absolute zero is helpless against wind and earth magic, fire lance is weak to water, earth, and wind magic, and Gaia’s Heart can be overcome by another earth magic user, who could just manipulate his own stone shields.
-Scan: The scan does not instantly activate. Instead, Caimus must be able to maintain visual on his target for a minimum of ten seconds for the ability to work. This can make it incredibly difficult to activate scan in a situation where Caimus must deal with multiple assailants at a time, as he must focus on one person specifically for ten consistent seconds.
Caimus’ greatest flaw, however, is his overpowering morals. He does not allow himself to harm those who cannot fight, making him incapable of ever using the threat of harming a prisoner to force another individuals hand, nor can he force himself to consider killing his own brother, the one traitor whom he could never bring himself to kill due to what familial loyalty he has left.
Biography: One of the few things that Caimus shares with his brother is his secretive nature. All that is known is that at some point he joined the Phoenix knights and rapidly rose in the ranks due to his skill in magic, which even before he joined was far greater than most average mages. Now he stands as one of the emperors top men, as well as an executioner for the empire. He has siglehandedly taken out entire bandit camps, faced down fierce magic users in combat, and led a siege on an entire city invaded and captured by bandits.
Additional Information (anything else you want to say?): Caimus will likely be one of the biggest problems the Etira will have to face.

Scan is incredibly OP. First, it says that Scan allows Caimus to "identify every magic ability they wield". I know I haven't gone too in depth on magic in the RP, but even the most skilled Sensors have a hard time identifying every magical ability a mage has. At most, the Sensor would be able to see what kind of magical aura their target has. Then they can see if the mage is an Esoteric, Archmage, Medic etc. If they have a uniqThey would not be able to see if the mage is specifically a Water Mage, or an Earth Mage. Next, you say that Scan let's Caimus see "all of their physical and magical weaknesses". I don't necessarily think this is as OP as the first one, but it I think it should have some limits. I can understand seeing their physical weaknesses, such as a broken limb or something like that, or if you can "see" that they're running out of stamina. For magic, I think that was answered earlier, when I said that the highest calibre Sensors can see only magical aura. Of course, it's not my intention to fully limit your character. I have a few suggestions to make up for the changes. If you're going for a Byakugan/Sharingan esque ability, I recommend being able to see the points where magic flows, if you know what I mean. I think this can be best compared to something like Chakra points in Naruto. I also would want to improve perception. For example, allowing Caimus to follow high speed movements (but whether or not he's fast enough to react is a different story), also being able to "zoom in" on targets a far distance away. But the last part is something I don't fully understand. You said he can identify "even their fighting styles." Are you saying that he can look at a mage for 10 seconds, and see their fighting style? I think this would better used if they are fighting, and Scan analyzes their fighting style enough for Caimus to make a succesful counter.

Jade has an ability known as the Mind Awakening Seal (which I just call her Cursed Eye) that has a similar purpose for Scan. That's where I got a few of my suggestions from. Now, Wind is fine, as Jade has a very similar ability known as Wind Blade, which acts pretty much the same way as Forseti. Do note that my suggestions were just that. I think we can find a common ground here.

Remember that Kiyonari and the rest of the Etira will pretty much be with Baesu Sayuga at all times. They're not going to risk losing him this early. I do see Kiyonari allowing Izayoi to fight Baesu in a 1 v 1 just to see how powerful Baesu truly is. Kiyonari may seem arrogant, but he's not a fool. If he feels that the situation has become critical, he can always use a portal to teleport everyone out of there. We also have Jade, who can see her opponent's aura. She won't be able to actually tell Izayoi's exact abilities, but Jade can determine that Izayoi is a stronger mage than anyone the Etira have come across. But the fight should still be pretty interesting, seeing the one of the three strongest Archmages to ever exist fight Izayoi.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Asardia wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:What about my two sibling characters? I forgot, but was there anything you wanted me to to change before they could be accepted?

You're talking about Aizan and Reina Yukimora, right? I looked back and I wanted you to expand more on their biographies. Same goes for Damien Crucion.

Haedros 92712 wrote:
-Scan: The scan does not instantly activate. Instead, Caimus must be able to maintain visual on his target for a minimum of ten seconds for the ability to work. This can make it incredibly difficult to activate scan in a situation where Caimus must deal with multiple assailants at a time, as he must focus on one person specifically for ten consistent seconds.

Scan is incredibly OP. First, it says that Scan allows Caimus to "identify every magic ability they wield". I know I haven't gone too in depth on magic in the RP, but even the most skilled Sensors have a hard time identifying every magical ability a mage has. At most, the Sensor would be able to see what kind of magical aura their target has. Then they can see if the mage is an Esoteric, Archmage, Medic etc. If they have a uniqThey would not be able to see if the mage is specifically a Water Mage, or an Earth Mage. Next, you say that Scan let's Caimus see "all of their physical and magical weaknesses". I don't necessarily think this is as OP as the first one, but it I think it should have some limits. I can understand seeing their physical weaknesses, such as a broken limb or something like that, or if you can "see" that they're running out of stamina. For magic, I think that was answered earlier, when I said that the highest calibre Sensors can see only magical aura. Of course, it's not my intention to fully limit your character. I have a few suggestions to make up for the changes. If you're going for a Byakugan/Sharingan esque ability, I recommend being able to see the points where magic flows, if you know what I mean. I think this can be best compared to something like Chakra points in Naruto. I also would want to improve perception. For example, allowing Caimus to follow high speed movements (but whether or not he's fast enough to react is a different story), also being able to "zoom in" on targets a far distance away. But the last part is something I don't fully understand. You said he can identify "even their fighting styles." Are you saying that he can look at a mage for 10 seconds, and see their fighting style? I think this would better used if they are fighting, and Scan analyzes their fighting style enough for Caimus to make a succesful counter.

Jade has an ability known as the Mind Awakening Seal (which I just call her Cursed Eye) that has a similar purpose for Scan. That's where I got a few of my suggestions from. Now, Wind is fine, as Jade has a very similar ability known as Wind Blade, which acts pretty much the same way as Forseti. Do note that my suggestions were just that. I think we can find a common ground here.

Remember that Kiyonari and the rest of the Etira will pretty much be with Baesu Sayuga at all times. They're not going to risk losing him this early. I do see Kiyonari allowing Izayoi to fight Baesu in a 1 v 1 just to see how powerful Baesu truly is. Kiyonari may seem arrogant, but he's not a fool. If he feels that the situation has become critical, he can always use a portal to teleport everyone out of there. We also have Jade, who can see her opponent's aura. She won't be able to actually tell Izayoi's exact abilities, but Jade can determine that Izayoi is a stronger mage than anyone the Etira have come across. But the fight should still be pretty interesting, seeing the one of the three strongest Archmages to ever exist fight Izayoi.

I am abandoning Damien and replacing him with Caimus as the royal guard/top general archetype. He has more connection to the conflicts with Freedom’s Song and the Etira, plus he can actually be called an “archmage.”

Without further ado:

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 am

Asardia wrote:

Will Baesu have his memories from his life, and would he have known Suzuka? If so he might recognize Izayoi's... Heirloom~

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Asardia wrote:

I am abandoning Damien and replacing him with Caimus as the royal guard/top general archetype. He has more connection to the conflicts with Freedom’s Song and the Etira, plus he can actually be called an “archmage.”

That's fine

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Will Baesu have his memories from his life, and would he have known Suzuka? If so he might recognize Izayoi's... Heirloom~

Baesu will have all their memories of his life. You're talking about Suzuka Ayazato from the Devil's Whisper, right? Devil's Whisper takes place about 15 years after the events of this RP. Suzuka would be about 4 years old now, and Baesu Sayuga died centuries before the events of this RP. Baesu lived until about 40 ATU, which would be around 470 years ago. Baesu might have known the very first few generations of the Ayazato, but there's no way he would know about Suzuka. I reread your history for House Ayazato, and it doesn't seem like they were too involved in the affairs of Cagia. Baesu would have heard rumors about them, but not much

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Asardia wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:

That's fine

5pb wrote:

Baesu will have all their memories of his life. You're talking about Suzuka Ayazato from the Devil's Whisper, right? Devil's Whisper takes place about 15 years after the events of this RP. Suzuka would be about 4 years old now, and Baesu Sayuga died centuries before the events of this RP. Baesu lived until about 40 ATU, which would be around 470 years ago. Baesu might have known the very first few generations of the Ayazato, but there's no way he would know about Suzuka. I reread your history for House Ayazato, and it doesn't seem like they were too involved in the affairs of Cagia. Baesu would have heard rumors about them, but not much

Alright that's all I needed to know, thx.
That means that I can flush out Izayoi far more, during any interactions they have.
Last edited by 5pb on Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:35 am

i think there should be a summoner type mage

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse