NATION

PASSWORD

Soul Reaper (Open, Fantasy, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 am

Obarin wrote:
Asardia wrote:
I'm glad you're interested! I always loved fantasy so I created my own universe. I like to give the players a lot of choice in my RPs, so if you do decide to app, you really don't have to follow some sort of preconceived story. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any other players here.

I have gotten an application up! I really look forward to being involved and if anything needs tweaking I am happy to oblige to get rolling in this story. Also please let me know what you think of my character's bloodline magic. :) I was very tempted to place her in the Etira group, but thought that perhaps having her committed to the hope of restoring her family's name through hard work in the empire would be more interesting.

Sorry I missed this before. I really like your characters Bloodline magic. It's creative, and if something happens, Alune can use it for...less than benevolent means. I also wanted to let you know that you may make as many characters as you want, so if you want to, you can always make another character who is a member of the Etira. But Alune has a pretty good goal, and making her more independent would be more interesting, since she can focus only on restoring her family. Had she been in the Etira, she would spend her time doing the various mission that Jade and Kiyonari assigned. But if she was a member of the Etira, Alune could still do her own thing outside the official organization's activities.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 am

Asardia wrote:
Obarin wrote:
I have gotten an application up! I really look forward to being involved and if anything needs tweaking I am happy to oblige to get rolling in this story. Also please let me know what you think of my character's bloodline magic. :) I was very tempted to place her in the Etira group, but thought that perhaps having her committed to the hope of restoring her family's name through hard work in the empire would be more interesting.

Sorry I missed this before. I really like your characters Bloodline magic. It's creative, and if something happens, Alune can use it for...less than benevolent means. I also wanted to let you know that you may make as many characters as you want, so if you want to, you can always make another character who is a member of the Etira. But Alune has a pretty good goal, and making her more independent would be more interesting, since she can focus only on restoring her family. Had she been in the Etira, she would spend her time doing the various mission that Jade and Kiyonari assigned. But if she was a member of the Etira, Alune could still do her own thing outside the official organization's activities.
I changed Kishi's limitations a bit to make it more balanced... for an unstoppable force.
The flag I have is an image of Bronya.
Anime: Honkai Star Rail

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 am

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:
I changed Kishi's limitations a bit to make it more balanced... for an unstoppable force.

I see. Izayoi vs Kishi would be a battle that would be interesting

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:57 am

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:I changed Kishi's limitations a bit to make it more balanced... for an unstoppable force.

Maybe it'll happen... only I know...

I'll also assume Kishi is accepted?
Last edited by 5pb on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Let's talk about not what you like, but what you hate, Master!" - Takane "Ene" Enomoto

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:18 pm

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Maybe it'll happen... only I know...

Yes, Kishi is accepted. I'll update the roster and hopefully get a post up. But with Finals coming up for me, I may not be too active here. However right after that, Christmas Break starts and I'll (hopefully) have a lot more free time.

And how would you guys feel about a character who can temporarily mimic the powers of anyone they touch? Too OP?

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Asardia wrote:
5pb wrote:Maybe it'll happen... only I know...

Yes, Kishi is accepted. I'll update the roster and hopefully get a post up. But with Finals coming up for me, I may not be too active here. However right after that, Christmas Break starts and I'll (hopefully) have a lot more free time.

And how would you guys feel about a character who can temporarily mimic the powers of anyone they touch? Too OP?

Depends on how you write it. Done well, it's an effective and interesting concept for magic. But make is too powerful or infallible, and it becomes OP
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Xichung
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:43 pm

Asardia wrote:

well I see it as very strong not op, but it also requires them to touch and I’m assuming they can only steal one ability at a time
blood on the petals/ death is the true end of us/ let us not die yet

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:57 am

Asardia wrote:

Yay, I'll have Kishi's post up with Izayoi's, Ayano's, and Azami's... maybe Lili if I feel like it.

That magic should be fine, but i would like a bit more info, like will they instantly gain the knowledge and proficiency that the original caster has, what is the time limit, will the powers be slightly weakened or on par, and the likes.

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 am

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:

well I see it as very strong not op, but it also requires them to touch and I’m assuming they can only steal one ability at a time

Can you have Memphis direct Matt towards the Ayazato household? I have some ideas for him.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:39 am

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:well I see it as very strong not op, but it also requires them to touch and I’m assuming they can only steal one ability at a time

Can you have Memphis direct Matt towards the Ayazato household? I have some ideas for him.

well i need memphis do some stuff, so give me a quick reason why she would go there

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am

Xichung wrote:
5pb wrote:Can you have Memphis direct Matt towards the Ayazato household? I have some ideas for him.

well i need memphis do some stuff, so give me a quick reason why she would go there

No no no no, don't have Memphis go there have her send matt in that direction. Like something along the lines of "I heard there was a noble house nearby, maybe you could try there."

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:well i need memphis do some stuff, so give me a quick reason why she would go there

No no no no, don't have Memphis go there have her send matt in that direction. Like something along the lines of "I heard there was a noble house nearby, maybe you could try there."

well thats out of character for her, she is the caring type and she wouldn't just send someone to people she never met, irina would rather everyone else i have would.

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:45 am

Xichung wrote:
5pb wrote:No no no no, don't have Memphis go there have her send matt in that direction. Like something along the lines of "I heard there was a noble house nearby, maybe you could try there."

well thats out of character for her, she is the caring type and she wouldn't just send someone to people she never met, irina would rather everyone else i have would.

That's not what her App says... Oh well, I just want him to find his way there because i was talking to Star and we've got a good idea for his character.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:well thats out of character for her, she is the caring type and she wouldn't just send someone to people she never met, irina would rather everyone else i have would.

That's not what her App says... Oh well, I just want him to find his way there because i was talking to Star and we've got a good idea for his character.

she sees life sacred, she wouldn't send someone to a person she doesn't know, which could lead to their death

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Xichung wrote:
5pb wrote:That's not what her App says... Oh well, I just want him to find his way there because i was talking to Star and we've got a good idea for his character.

she sees life sacred, she wouldn't send someone to a person she doesn't know, which could lead to their death

Trust me when I say this, he will not die if he goes to the Ayazato house, at least if he does join you, you could stumble across it. It will benefit Matt 100000%
Last edited by 5pb on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:39 pm

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:she sees life sacred, she wouldn't send someone to a person she doesn't know, which could lead to their death

Trust me when I say this, he will not die if he goes to the Ayazato house, at least if he does join you, you could stumble across it. It will benefit Matt 100000%

Elakashi Cheristi and her father are also traveling to Kalingway. If Xichung doesn't want to be involved, we can possibly have Matt meet them, and due to Elakashi being an Interior Guard member (who would have vast knowledge on the layout of the capital), she could direct Matt to the Ayazato estate.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Depends on how you write it. Done well, it's an effective and interesting concept for magic. But make is too powerful or infallible, and it becomes OP

My plan is for it is just to make things more interesting, since we haven't gotten to much action yet. Having a mimic would really change the way events happen. I just wanted to run it through with you guys first to see how such a character would be perceived

Xichung wrote:
Asardia wrote:

That is correct. As soon as he steals another ability, his previous one disappears

5pb wrote:
Asardia wrote:

Yay, I'll have Kishi's post up with Izayoi's, Ayano's, and Azami's... maybe Lili if I feel like it.

That magic should be fine, but i would like a bit more info, like will they instantly gain the knowledge and proficiency that the original caster has, what is the time limit, will the powers be slightly weakened or on par, and the likes.

The mimic would be able to have the knowledge on how to use the ability, though not the same proficiency, if that makes sense. I'm thinking that my character can know HOW the ability works, but not instantly have the same prowess with it. Think of it this way: In Naruto, someone can steal the Sharingan and know of its abilities, but they won't be able to use the Sharingan as effectively as someone who has mastered it

The time limit on stolen abilities is five minutes, and the ability, although "stolen", is really on being copied temporarily. The original user does not lose their power. Also, the mimicked ability would be of lesser power due to the inexperience she would have using it

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Asardia wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:

My plan is for it is just to make things more interesting, since we haven't gotten to much action yet. Having a mimic would really change the way events happen. I just wanted to run it through with you guys first to see how such a character would be perceived

Xichung wrote:well I see it as very strong not op, but it also requires them to touch and I’m assuming they can only steal one ability at a time

That is correct. As soon as he steals another ability, his previous one disappears

5pb wrote:Yay, I'll have Kishi's post up with Izayoi's, Ayano's, and Azami's... maybe Lili if I feel like it.

The mimic would be able to have the knowledge on how to use the ability, though not the same proficiency, if that makes sense. I'm thinking that my character can know HOW the ability works, but not instantly have the same prowess with it. Think of it this way: In Naruto, someone can steal the Sharingan and know of its abilities, but they won't be able to use the Sharingan as effectively as someone who has mastered it

The time limit on stolen abilities is five minutes, and the ability, although "stolen", is really on being copied temporarily. The original user does not lose their power. Also, the mimicked ability would be of lesser power due to the inexperience she would have using it

that make sense, i like the way this is going.

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 pm

5pb wrote:
Xichung wrote:she sees life sacred, she wouldn't send someone to a person she doesn't know, which could lead to their death

i the player knows that, but the character does not

Obarin
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Obarin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:06 am

Sorry About my absence for several days, end of the year work has really been a load on me, though it is starting to clear up. Could someone give me a suggestion for a way to bring in my character?

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:51 am

Obarin wrote:Sorry About my absence for several days, end of the year work has really been a load on me, though it is starting to clear up. Could someone give me a suggestion for a way to bring in my character?

Literally walk in, spawn your character somewhere, kilingway is getting popular

5pb
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby 5pb » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:19 am

Xichung wrote:
5pb wrote:Trust me when I say this, he will not die if he goes to the Ayazato house, at least if he does join you, you could stumble across it. It will benefit Matt 100000%

i the player knows that, but the character does not

I know how it works, but you can still have things happen in accordance to a plan m8.
Last edited by 5pb on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:50 am

Obarin wrote:Sorry About my absence for several days, end of the year work has really been a load on me, though it is starting to clear up. Could someone give me a suggestion for a way to bring in my character?

Although she is only sixteen, Alune is still a member of a noble family, and since she's the de facto head of the Silenor House, she can still appear at the conference in the Imperial Palace. You can also just show up somewhere in Kalingway, and I can have Elakashi and the Cheristi family stumble across Alune.

Due to Alune being a Phoenix Knight, she would be sent out on missions, especially those concerning the Etira. She might also work with the Interior Guard (Elakashi specifically) to help stop the murders. And Kiyonari (the Etira's leader) will also be in Kalingway soon. I can have you meet him, although Alune wouldn't know much about him. Kiyonari might ask her about the current state of things, and if Alune is aware of the conference, she can talk to Kiyonari about that

And Xichung, I noticed that you had "Thanatos" as the faction that characters like Doctor Irina and Legion were part of. I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you make a faction app? And would you consider Rasputin and Thanatos to be members of the Protectors of the Histories? The App roster should be up to date, I just need to figure out the factions
Last edited by Asardia on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Xichung
Ambassador

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Xichung » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Asardia wrote:

Although she is only sixteen, Alune is still a member of a noble family, and since she's the de facto head of the Silenor House, she can still appear at the conference in the Imperial Palace. You can also just show up somewhere in Kalingway, and I can have Elakashi and the Cheristi family stumble across Alune.

Due to Alune being a Phoenix Knight, she would be sent out on missions, especially those concerning the Etira. She might also work with the Interior Guard (Elakashi specifically) to help stop the murders. And Kiyonari (the Etira's leader) will also be in Kalingway soon. I can have you meet him, although Alune wouldn't know much about him. Kiyonari might ask her about the current state of things, and if Alune is aware of the conference, she can talk to Kiyonari about that

And Xichung, I noticed that you had "Thanatos" as the faction that characters like Doctor Irina and Legion were part of. I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you make a faction app? And would you consider Rasputin and Thanatos to be members of the Protectors of the Histories? The App roster should be up to date, I just need to figure out the factions

if ya want ill makea faction app for thanatos and his band of misfits, but i dont see them as part of the protectors

Obarin
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Obarin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Xichung wrote:

Literally walk in, spawn your character somewhere, kilingway is getting popular

Alright will do.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse