NATION

PASSWORD

Dimensional Knight Hetairoi (OOC/Mecha/80s/Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:16 am

Rupudska wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Tag. Probably going to make an app for some ancient guy sent forward into the present. Possibly Ea-Nasir the sleazy copper merchant.

I challenge you to use someone from that far back.

I was like 75% joking when I mentioned Ea-Nasir. He's a bit of a meme.

I am definitely going to make a guy from that far back though.
Signatures are so 2014.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:39 am

Utceforp wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I challenge you to use someone from that far back.

I was like 75% joking when I mentioned Ea-Nasir. He's a bit of a meme.

I am definitely going to make a guy from that far back though.

Freaking do it.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:55 pm

YO that banner is SEXY. tagging for later.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm

A magical octopus in a mech is a viable character for this.

And they would fight an ancient, evil race of dinosaurs.

I cannot tag this hard enough.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm

Spindle wrote:A magical octopus in a mech is a viable character for this.

And they would fight an ancient, evil race of dinosaurs.

I cannot tag this hard enough.

All three of these statements are correct.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Turmenista wrote:YO that banner is SEXY. tagging for later.

Also, all this 80s aesthetic makes me want to listen to some Kasinky. We /retrofuture/ now.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Danceria wrote:
Turmenista wrote:YO that banner is SEXY. tagging for later.

Also, all this 80s aesthetic makes me want to listen to some Kasinky. We /retrofuture/ now.

I'd be willing to throw in some synthwave/retropunk music into a soundtrack for this if I could ever remember the titles and bands for songs of that genre that I liked.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:27 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Danceria wrote:Also, all this 80s aesthetic makes me want to listen to some Kasinky. We /retrofuture/ now.

I'd be willing to throw in some synthwave/retropunk music into a soundtrack for this if I could ever remember the titles and bands for songs of that genre that I liked.

I'm merging hardcore K-Pop/Korean Rap with Kavinsky, and E U R O B E A T for by D O R I F T O B O I
Obligatory Quotes below

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 pm

Danceria wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

I'm merging hardcore K-Pop/Korean Rap with Kavinsky, and E U R O B E A T for by D O R I F T O B O I

Absolutely not. That shit is like the One Ring - once K-Pop gets a hold of you, it consumes your mind, body, and soul. First you're listening to it in the car, then you're ranting about rival bands on Twitter, then you're posting weird NSFW stories about K-Pop groups on AO3.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Danceria wrote:I'm merging hardcore K-Pop/Korean Rap with Kavinsky, and E U R O B E A T for by D O R I F T O B O I

Absolutely not. That shit is like the One Ring - once K-Pop gets a hold of you, it consumes your mind, body, and soul. First you're listening to it in the car, then you're ranting about rival bands on Twitter, then you're posting weird NSFW stories about K-Pop groups on AO3.

[redacted]
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Danceria wrote:I'm merging hardcore K-Pop/Korean Rap with Kavinsky, and E U R O B E A T for by D O R I F T O B O I

Understood. But it's like being from the american south and not being associated with country music. A good thing I don't have much of a soul, so it can't be that bad...
Obligatory Quotes below

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:00 pm

Working on that app.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:26 am

RIVERWOOD, A.

+++Name: Anthony Riverwood
+++Age: 26
+++Sex/Gender: Male
+++Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
+++Physical appearance: 6'2, 180 pounds, amber eyes, tan/dark brown fur with a white tuft of hair on the top of his head. Notably has four clawed fingers and two oversized canines that sometimes protrude from his mouth.
+++Identifying Marks: None noteworthy.
+++Species: Feralized Coyote

+++Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-3 ("Captain"), U.S. Air Force, Special Air Wing 81 "Wonderbirds"
+++Callsign: Notch
+++Mech: Boeing VF-2G Super Varangian
+++Mech Appearance: Essentially this color scheme, with the jolly roger replaced with the SAW-81 roundel. "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY" replaces the "U.N. Spacy" on the engine block of this picture.
+++Mech Modifications: Additional maneuvering thruster ports are located throughout the Mech's frame to increase reaction speed and give Notch's fighter an advantage when it comes to dodging and executing maneuvers. When the wings are folded in at their maximum sweep Notch's custom engine design will automatically kick into its overdrive, allowing for an exponentially higher amount of thrust, nearly 20% more, at the cost of maneuverability. Otherwise carries a regular armament of 1 gauss autocannon gun pod usable in the mech configuration, and 4 fixed laser cannons along with any other missile payload for the mission. Carries a built-in cassette player as well.
+++Emblem: Here

+++Nationality: American
+++Birthplace: Found in the boondocks of rural Florida
+++Permanent Residence: An apartment in Miami, otherwise lives onboard the Constellation.
+++Criminal History: Two DUIs. (..Anything else..? "Oh!") A myriad of traffic violations and an altercation outside a bar with someone.
+++Skills: Notch is stronger and faster than the regular human, has better endurance, and possesses sharp claws that aid him in close quarter combat. His overalls senses have been dialed to 11, especially smell, taste, and hearing. Aside from this, Notch is a hotshot and incredibly skilled pilot, well-versed with dogfighting tactics (no pun intended) and aerial strategy. He also has knowledge of aircraft maintenance and is a natural ladies man. Additionally, he claims many of his victories and other accomplishments were achieved by sheer luck.
+++Psychological analysis: Anthony is outgoing, flamboyant, and hot-headed, making it difficult for people to distinguish if he is being sarcastic or serious. Most of the time, though, he takes things only with a grain of seriousness and is overtly selfish. Deep inside, however, lies a heart of gold, one belonging to an Anythony who — in dire situations — will put the lives and safety of others in front of his own.
+++Weaknesses: Anthony does not work well with others both behaviorally and tactically, preferring to work alone anyways in battle and never really finding a way to fit in with other people, who are more often than not serious in comparison to his overly sarcastic and joking demeanor. Anthony is also by default a very selfish individual with a massive sense of self-pride, often leading to him to clash with figures of leadership or underestimate his opponents.
+++Likes: Attractive women, attractive feralized women, good food (raw meat is the best), flying, good dogfights and rock and roll.
+++Dislikes: Not getting his way, dogfights that go sour, country music ("Fuck that Hick shit!"), and those ugly Gorgorex mofos.
+++Interests: Beach volleyball, rap music, experimental aircraft, comic books.
+++Fears: Deathly fear of deep water, getting lost in space, and bees. Spiders are fine.

+++Equipment: Wallet, money card, quarters keycard, multitool, PDA phone and cassette player, black headband (Good luck charm), Mk. IIX "Enforcer" Laser Pistol

+++Biography: The story of Anthony Riverwood begins sometime in the 60s in Miami, with Anthony being born to otherwise normal parents and having an otherwise normal life, for the most part. Sure, he'd get in trouble... a lot, and would often sneak out with his friends to do illicit things whenever he could, but for the most part he had a pretty normal upbringing. Things started to change rapidly by the time he was a teenager, as was the situation in the world around him.

The Cold War was gradually becoming hotter, and the United States Air Force was in dire need of skilled pilots to combat threats abroad. However, right as Anthony found himself in the middle of being trained as a pilot, a breakthrough was made: A Robraxian freighter landed in Kansas and, after some time, technology worldwide began to advance with unprecedented speeds. Space fighters — many of which being able to transform — rapidly replaced the Tomcats and MiGs that Anthony had grew up around. Once he was out of Flight School, Anthony now found himself flying experimental spacecraft that he had previously trained and tested on while training to fly, performing to exceptional levels as a member of the U.S. Air Force's new elite squadron, Special Air Wing 81, nicknamed the Wonderbirds.

The onset of the Third World War proved to be the perfect testing ground for the USAF's new, high-tech arsenal, that SAW-81 and other Special Air Wings had been in the front seat of receiving. Towards the end of the war, Anthony and SAW-81 had been responsible for numerous victories on behalf of the Americans, including defeating China's last fleet around Sirius. Ever since the end of the war, things seemed to be going well for Humanity — and for Anthony. He had a great job as a test pilot and peacekeeper and advancements in technology made getting old and wrinkly a thing of the past. But then someone just had to test an experimental hyperdrive near a city, leveling half of the city in the process and unleashing the Gorgorex, an interdimensional race of Saurians that proceeded to wage war with Humanity. The temporal anomalies caused by the hyperdrive incident were enough to warrant chaos — the individual previously known as Anthony Riverwood was seemingly and instantaneously reverted back to his younger 80s self — but the Gorgorex's rather careless use of genetic weaponry changed him even more.

Anthony underwent the feralization process immediately, undergoing rapid, painful shifting in his muscles and skeleton and growing hair all over his body, along with a tail. Along with this came the onset of memory loss. Anthony was lucky enough to remain sane and survive with his intelligence intact, with only a few low-intensity impulses and instincts left from his transformation into a feralized coyote visible. The rest of the transformation had granted him canine-like gifts of heightened senses, increased strength and endurance, to name a few, but at the cost of a very painful transformation and memory loss of the endeavor. While his memories of the war and his flying skills remained, his past before the war was forgotten, as were his friends that were likely either dead, feralized, or teleported somewhere else.

Coincidentally, Anthony found himself not in an airbase in the other side of the world when he awoke, but rather in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, Florida, miles away from the place that he had originally called home. Anthony hadn't forgotten that he still had a home in Miami, and thus made his way back home to try and make sense of what happened.

Years passed and the Gorgorex still posed a massive threat to Galactic safety. With the creation of the Hetairoi, an elite U.N. squadron, once again came a demand for skilled, able pilots, a vacancy which Anthony gladly found himself filling.

+++RP Sample: Here
+++Theme Song: John Farnham - Break the Ice
Transform and roll out! (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Turmenista on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:20 am

My app is almost complete. I just need to write up his backstory
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:00 am

Can you give me a brief description of what's happened in the Middle East since the PoD from our timeline? I'm writing my ancient human's backstory today, and it'd help if I knew what he would be waking up to.
Signatures are so 2014.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:38 am

Utceforp wrote:Can you give me a brief description of what's happened in the Middle East since the PoD from our timeline? I'm writing my ancient human's backstory today, and it'd help if I knew what he would be waking up to.

Saudi Arabia's destabilization in the early 90s led to a lot of rapid border shifting, most notably to the north ironically. Nationalist moods in Turkey set the stage for a reincarnated Ottoman Empire when the temporal disturbances started sweeping through and, after knocking out Saddam's Iraq, took most of the central Middle East. Which spooked the hell out of Israel, leading them to officially reveal they had nukes, which really only made the situation worse. The UAE became huge during the temporal disturbances, and Israel managed to take control of Sinai while nobody was looking - which was just fine for Egypt because by then they had a Pharaoh, a stable government, and Egyptian tanks were rolling through the Sudan anyway. Kurdistan also managed to wrest control of itself from Turkey during the temporal disturbances, as the Ottomans were too busy dealing with Mongols who had somehow arrived there. The UAE and Israel are overall the safest places in the region, followed by the northern Ottoman region and Iran, then the rest of the Ottoman Empire and a communist Yemen. Stay the hell out of the Red Sea Republic barring Mecca.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Debating on whether or not to give Anthony a wingman.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:32 pm

CRUZADO, L. A.

+++Name: "Lucas Agostinho Cruzado, the one and only"
+++Age: "24"
+++Sex/Gender: "I'm pretty sure I'm still a guy"
+++Sexual Orientation: "I like the ladies, of course" (Heterosexual)
+++Physical appearance: "Five-six and a fifty-eight kilos - uh, a hundred twenty-eight pounds"
+++Identifying Marks: "Mind those burn marks and scars on my hands, okay? I got them while working in the shop"
+++Species: "Take a good guess of what I am" (Human)

+++Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): "Uh... I'm kinda new to this new thing, so that makes me O-1, right? Back in the BAF, I was First Lieutenant"
+++Callsign: "I am Boitatá, the fiery serpent, protector of nature with eyes that can blind... What? Too far?"
+++Mech: "Mitsubishi VF-2J Yojimbo"
+++Mech Appearance: "The body is mostly gunmetal gray, with the side stripe now in gold. There is a crimson flame decal running up the arms and legs
+++Mech Modifications: "I smoothed out the more sharp-looking edges and made the blasters on the head look like a bull's horns to match my callsign. The weaponry is mostly the same, but I replaced the regular missiles with incendiary missiles. I also added a spotlight into the mech's eyes, because, you know, fiery eyes and all?"
+++Emblem: "It's a golden ouroboros, but the snake is horned and on fire"

+++Nationality: "I am Earthing that hails from planet Earth! I come from the strange, faraway land of Brasil"
+++Birthplace: "Rio de Janeiro, Brasil"
+++Permanent Residence: "Back home. Where else would I be?"
+++Criminal History: "I swear, officer! Those box walkers were just sitting on the street!"
+++Skills: "I was raised among machines, man. I breathe lubricant and rust... maybe I should see a doctor about that. Mechanics is second nature to me, and piloting isn't far away. I'm normally the go-to for the rest of the rookies and even some of the higher-ups when it comes to anything technology and engineering. I'm also half decent at football and guitar, but I don't think that'll matter against the Gorgorex"
+++Psychological analysis: Lucas is a laid-back individual, normally looking towards the bright side of any situation. His poor background has made him humble and considerate, but he likes to crack a joke or two, but sometimes doesn't know when to shut his trap or tone the wit down. His enthusiasm for machinery knows no bounds, and he will freak out whenever he sees a new piece of tech to tinker with.
+++Weaknesses: Lucas makes a better mechanic than a soldier; he is accident-prone with anything that doesn't strictly involve machinery. When the situations get stressful, especially while in a mech, Lucas can get easily flustered, which only leads to more mistakes. He also can't hold his cachaça.
+++Likes/dislikes: "Is it obvious at this point that I like machines? You know, tinkering, reverse, engineering, or starting from scratch is my kind of thing! I also like some good churrasco every now and then, and the sounds of the sea. I don't like being the cold, or the dark... or alone"
+++Interests: "Did I ever mention the machines? I also have quite the fondness of classical guitar"
+++Fears: "Failing at the one thing I'm good at, and see myself get thrown back to the rock bottom where I started"

+++Equipment: "I got my wallet with my money card and key card, a multitool, a switchblade, and a Taurus PT-92 with incendiary rounds"
+++Biography: "I wasn't raised in the nicest of conditions. I'm from Rio, sure, but I was born in the neighborhood of Rocinha, a favela, and the biggest one, too. While the rest of the world was propelled into a new age after the crash in '87, we stayed the same. I lived in an old tenement with the rest of my family, including my grandparents. We had a sort of family business; we were all mechanics. You know I had to get all of that tech experience somewhere, right? From as early as I can remember, I helped around the shop, bringing over tools and parts and whatnot."

"I, um... I was hardly five years old when the Gargorex showed up. They initially stayed out of the poorer areas, going after the big population centers instead. Things still got worse due to all of the economic and political upheaval, though. The military police started to become more strict, especially with their employment of their police mechas. Over the years, I'd actually grab of the ones that were on their own of the street and tinker with them, learn how they tick. There was a light in all of it, though. My uncle Leandro was a bit of a role model for me, as you can see. He was a captain in the Brasilian Air Force, and quite the mech pilot. He was like a superhero to me, you know? As long as I knew that he was out there, fighting the good fight, I was able to look to a better future"

"Well... clearly things didn't stay that way. I remember the day that it happened. August 19th, 2028: the day Rio went up in flames. They say the deaths were in the hundreds of thousands, and the number that were feralized... who knows. I remember being evacuated from the city early in the morning and being brought up to the nearby mountains. I watched my uncle's mech fly in to protect the city right as the bomb was dropped. I still don't know if he was killed, or turned into a feral, sent off to some random place with no memory of who he was. To this day I still don’t know what happened to him..."

"After that, well, the years went by, and my family and I did what we did best. We did some government work in the factories, and uh... that's where I figured I was gonna be for the rest of my life, until I either died in some factory accident or got blown up by the Gorgorex. Fate had other plans for me, I guess. One day when I was 18, an army recruiter came up to me, asking me if I was Leandro's nephew. Apparently he had vouched for me before his disappearance, and I was offered to join the army, where I can put my mechanic skills to use on the planes, helicopters, and even some mechs. Of course I accepted - this is what my uncle wanted for me, and I wanted to follow in his footsteps. Cut ahead a couple of years, and now I'm here in the Hetairoi, ready to give the Gorgorex some well-overdue payback for what they did"

+++RP Sample: 1 2
+++Theme Song: Chill Theme Battle Theme
Transform and roll out! (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Mundeo on Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Bold of you to unironically equip your character with a Taurus.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Rupudska wrote:Bold of you to unironically equip your character with a Taurus.

I just searched up weapons used by the Brazilian armed forces and that came up. Gotta keep up with that aesthetic :p

I feel like I'm missing the context
Last edited by Mundeo on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Bold of you to unironically equip your character with a Taurus.

I just searched up weapons used by the Brazilian armed forces and that came up. Gotta keep up with that aesthetic :p

I feel like I'm missing the context

Taurus is notorious for making rather low quality pistols. Not the worst, but far from the best, to the point that some were and are downright dangerous.

Their older revolvers seem to be mostly fine though. You seem to have lucked out by selecting one of the only good guns Taurus has ever made, which is largely because the PT92 is just a slightly improved Beretta - and Taurus literally bought the whole factory Beretta was making them in in Sao Paulo, workers and all.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Anyway both are accepted.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Grand Rivia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Rivia » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:39 pm

I'll be publishing my app soon, for the record. Here's hoping this thread receives the attention it deserves.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

Grand Rivia wrote:I'll be publishing my app soon, for the record. Here's hoping this thread receives the attention it deserves.

Yeah, I am really hyped for this rp
Have at you!

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Grand Rivia wrote:I'll be publishing my app soon, for the record. Here's hoping this thread receives the attention it deserves.

I am too, I worked too hard on that logo for this to flop without at least getting a few pages of IC.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse