NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout:South The Mason MK-IV IC Thread.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Russian-America
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Russian-America » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm

Al-Ghaihr wrote:
Russian-America wrote:SNIP

Rebuilt White House, High Point, ICA
Pres. Mallicoat was sitting at his desk when his terminal started flashing with a message received button from the Vault's terminal. He pressed open on the message to reveal a message from the mysterious Institute that people have spoken so much about. He decided, since they were so technologically advanced that he was going to go for the gold, not the silver that the Institute leader offered. He begun typing a reply to the message.

Dear Director Johann Brown,

We will be pleased to give you supplies, Med-X to fix the medicine shortage in the Commonwealth. However, Med-X is hard to produce by us here in High Point even though we can grow poppies and extract the opium from them. We can make a variety of various opiate medications but it's very labor intensive for us as it's a seed to syringe process. So, if we are to get something in return. We expect the very best technology you can deliver. We will begin shipping as soon as you reply to this message. But do keep in mind. I say the very best, not the outdated thrown to the back technology.

Luke Mallicoat
President of the Islamic Commonwealths of America
White House
1600 Main Street
High Point, Carolina Commonwealth
Islamic Commonwealths of America

Institute Directors Office, Underground Institute, Institute Commonwealth

He had cleverly deceived the Institute director into thinking that Med-X was much harder to produce and he knew that the Institute held Synths, many rumors from the north had spread down. He wanted a piece of the pie so he could reduce manpower in the Islamic American standing army and give some men time at home with their families. But he didn't want to start an all out war with the Institute as he had heard about the Brotherhood-Institute war and how they acquired an airship.

Johann Brown was just finishing another round of Med-X as he read the message that just came into his office. He shouted "Goddamnit, those fucking motherfuckers. They want our Gen-4s. I know it." before the euphoric effects of the Med-X kicked in. He felt the happiness and bliss of the drug. His mood changed. "More.. I need more, fine.. I'll agree to this damn deal.." and ordered that two Synth Gen 4's be deactivated and sent to the Islamic Commonwealth of America via Vertibird along with a Gen 4 prototype in exchange for 200 syringes of Med-X. This was the deal, either he'll have his Med-X peacefully or he'll take it by force.

As the effects of the drug wore off. He readied another round of Med-X to inject into himself as he begun speaking over the intercom. "Pilots, proceed to Boston Airport and move the packages into the cargo Vertibirds for immediate departure." and injected another round. He'd one day overdose maybe, but he didn't give a shit.

Boston Institute AIrport, Institute Commonwealth

A couple of synths performing the simple task of rolling four crates of Gen-4 synths onboard the cargo Vertibird was seen on the airport grounds along with two pilots exchanging cigarettes and smoking. Shortly after the synths finished. The pilots finished their smokes and hopped in the Vertibird, activating the rotors. It begun to take off from Boston Institute Airport. It turned to face North Carolina while reaching an altitude of 5,000 well enough to avoid the glowing sea. The rotors spun into the forward position and it flew off into the distance.

The hours long journey to High Point, North Carolina begun. How would the presence of the Institute in a place so far down south be tolerated? What would happen to the synths that would be given to the ICA? Director Brown wondered. He also pondered the idea of war with the ICA. But, he decided that was too risky given they had the power to take them down. It was better to cave into their demands to feed his addiction. After-all, it would be better than losing the war and the Institute being destroyed and being in some cell suffering from opioid withdrawals.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:12 pm

The empty metal halls of Raven Rock were being clouded by several voices coming from a single room at the very end of a long and narrow corridor. The room had a decagon shaped table with large terminals on top and light making an ominous silhouette around it as the only major source of light. Two men in grey uniforms armed with sub machine guns and standing guard at opposite sides of the room near the two exit door. At the table there were four men, each of different walks of life and mentalities with one of them standing out among the rest. One of the men was speaking with a semi tumultuous tone.

"If we are to make a move we ought to make one now that we have gathered enough information on the state of the region Mr. President. We are ready at your command." The man was then interrupted by the one sitting next to him.

"Yes, but the simple gathering of info doesn't garner reason to do anything that will risk our abilities to keep things relatively okay here. We first need the resources and as f-"

"WE'VE GOT ENOUGH RESOURCES! Every day we stay hidden we risk losing the edges we have worked hard to acquire!" The first man said in anger while slamming the table. It made everyone else unease while the man sitting at the other side, right at the corner looking over at the two exit doors kept silent and calmed. Indifferent by the attitudes of the man.

"Inglewood... If Ross believes we are not ready, then we are not. He has always been on the top of everything and until I have agreement from the both of you, I will not give the order." President Frederick's said in his calm demeanor as he then bent forward and set his elbows down on the table, looking at his secretary of defense who was visibly upset.

"Despite that, I want to make sure that whatever is outside D.C. will not create a problem for our goals. How are the plans for water distribution going Allen?" Frederick's addressed his secretary of housing and urban development siting at his left.

Ross then raised an eyebrow as he looked at Allen, the man with the robotic prosthetic then opened a folder. It was a feature of the man that had always eked Ross, he never liked the idea of a piece of robotic tech acting a limb, as convenient as it was, it simply didn't look human or seem human.

"Well Mr. President, the purifier project is going smoothly at the moment. At this rate we will be able to decontaminate 80% of the Potomac within ten years, however we will be able to decontaminate all water in the region in about a year in a half, maybe less if we develop a second purifier." Allen said in such a proud tone, he had always been proud of his work, thinking of himself as the mind behind the core new ideology of the Enclave and Frederick's clearly held the man to a high regard which annoyed Inglewood.

Frederick's rubbed his chin, stroking his goatee as he looked at the hologram of the CW. The Beltway marked in a vivid orange to signify the Enclave's defensive line of Washington, no one, enemy or otherwise would be able to go pass this line without being detected and either shot down or tracked to wherever they had come from. Frederick's however was not proud of such things as military defense lines or prowess, what he cared more about was the well being of the people of the CW. Even though the Enclave had been able to eradicate most Super Mutants, being able to blow up the access into Vault 87 as well as taking the G.E.C.K. inside, the people of the Capital Wasteland were still suffering from raiders, other mutant abominations, and he felt that more should be done in the meantime until they had gathered the strength to take the CW in full force.

"I want a new batch of supplies to be sent to the surrounding settlements. Medicine, water, food. Let them know we are still looking out for them." Frederick's said out loud, addressing everyone in the table.

"Yes, Mr. President." Allen concord as always.

Inglewood, with fists clenched and his usual frown second it. "I'll... make sure its done Mr. President."

Ross had his own opinion as always. "Mr. President, with all due respect." He pushed his glasses up back to his bone and with both hands he pushed himself up.

"I believe it is better for the people of the wasteland to not know of our presence so much that they will become dependent on us. We have all the means and the commodities, but we have yet to have the full progress of our plans. If the people of the wasteland know more of their benefactors that give them food and medicine and the like, they will become dependent. And that is something that is counterproductive to what we want of course." Ross as eloquent as ever.

President Frederick's put in thought what his Homeland Security Secretary said, and he was not in agreement but he could see the point Ross made. They didn't want to make the people of the wasteland dependent, when reclamation came they would need them all to be productive members of this new america. However it was necessary to let them know that America, or at least what remained of the government was still there, watching and protecting them, that is the goal of this new Enclave.

"I'll put what you said in consideration Ross, for now it all goes as usual. Allen, I want Yarn in my office later, please let her know for me." Frederick's said as he deactivated the hologram in front of him.

"Yes, Mr. President." With that, Allen left the room in direction to the science and research bay. Inglewood didn't say anything, he rose and saluted as always, keeping his rough expression he exited the room, every step he made was heavy and potent with the metal. Ross looked at his watch, a slight look of disappointment as he then settled his tie and gave a small nod to Frederick's and then promptly left the room.

Frederick's was now alone, only the two guards in dark grey uniform standing watch in case of anything. But all in all Frederick's was left to wander in his mind, still unsettled by the attitudes of Inglewood, and the much obvious disregard for human life from Ross. Both men were brilliant in their fields, but they simply were either too violent and stubborn or too cold and calculative. If only there was people to replace them Frederick's would've already.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Routcher
Envoy

Founded: Apr 06, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Routcher » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 pm

The Saga of Atem Sudi
Chapter One: The Journey to Cairo

Atem Sudi stepped off of the river barge, "The Bloody Governor", as it docked at River City. The former mercenary looked around for a place to drink, as his contract had just expired and he was looking for some relaxation. He found what he was looking for at the "Boot Heel Booze", a fairly popular bar right off the river. Walking in, he scanned his surroundings. Everyone was too busy getting hammered to even notice him, and he kept his sleeves down to hide his Egyptian tattoos. He kept to himself as he drank some beer, enjoying the fiddle music being played by the resident musician on payroll.

A tall man in a dark suit and a fedora approached him, and sat down at his table. "I know you, Mr. Sudi," was all he said.
"Well quiet the fuck down then, or you'll get us both killed," was all he said as he took a swig.
"Fair enough," the stranger went on, "but don't worry, I'm not hear to harm you. I'm not even from Memphis, I'm just a man with a dream, and you look like the guy for me. Tell me, how much do yo know about Cairo?"
"How about you answer my question first?" Atem asked, "How the fuck do you know my name?"
"Well, it isn't exactly hard to figure out. New Egypt puts a bounty out on a man like you, one of their most infamous slave-catchers, and people take notice. Not too long after, you show up, looking exactly as described and with a look ready to kill anyone who crosses you."
"Well, you got that right. So spit it out, what do you want from me?"
"You never answered my question. What do you know about Cairo?"
"Tell me, stranger. do you have a boat?"
"I see what you mean. Meet me at the dock in ten minutes, you'll see my barge, 'The Westport', bright blue son of a bitch with the Nuka-Cola machine onboard."

Sure enough, there it was. The Westport. A clean bright blue cargo barge with a Nuka-Cola machine sitting just outside the cabin. The River City Republic Flag flew on the mast proudly, and under it was a black flag that said in white letters "New Nile Tours". The stranger approached him, "Well, good to know you aren't oblivious to your surroundings."
"If I were, I'd be dead." Atem said.
"No argument there. This is my vessel, I use it to give sight-seeing tours along the river. I'm looking to venture into other kinds of business."
"Well, if you're asking about Cairo, I'd very much be interested in the work you have planned."
"I thought so. I know very well how the New Egyptians teach of the legendary lost city of Cairo."
"Indeed they have," Atem could not believe his luck. He has been looking for just this chance, "They say great kings and gods ruled from Cairo. That many treasures are kept there, and that whoever could return it to glory would surely earn the favor of heaven and rule all of mankind."
"Yes, yes. I'm not a big believer of that whole god thing, but, I'm very interested in treasure. I don't think I've introduced myself. I'm Herman Dent," he reached out his hand to shake Atem's.
"And you know already that I am Atem. I am glad that you found me. I imagine the bounty Memphis has for me is massive, and I would not be safe in River City for long. I know exactly where Cairo is, and I will show you the way."
"My friend," shaking his hand, "I already know where Cairo is. Hard to miss right off of the river, but the town is over-run by feral ghouls, and I need you to provide me some protection while we go treasure hunting."
"I can do that," he said, loading his guns on board.

Just then, a man poked his head out of the cabin and called, "Are we ready to go, Mr. Dent?"
"Yes, my boy, take us away! Off to Cairo!" He looked to Atem, "oh, this is my assistant and our pilot, Jon Garvey. Skilled lad at the helm, and a hell of a shot. With the three of us, we will have no problems with a few ghouls."

With that said, the boat left River City and took to the north, towards Cairo.
Long Live Emperor Tywin II!

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:56 am

High Point Armory, Islamic Commonwealth of America

Abdul was tinkering with revolver designs one day until he decided that traditional revolvers are much faded now and are useless due to pistols with magazines. He took the suggestions of common people who said that they needed something powerful and compact to protect them from Wasteland creatures, such as Deathclaws and Yao Gaui, and perhaps people. He looked into quite a few designs. Most suggested more powerful calibers such as the 50. AE but that would be too much recoil. He decided to think out of the box.

He came to the conclusion of a rifle that can come in various configurations. Short for being almost pistol like but able to handle the recoil. Medium for being semi-long range, Long for long-range engagement. He decided to make a revolver rifle that used .270 Winchester as it's primary round and .410 shotgun as the shotgun round with a special 12 gauge modification if desired. The first prototypes were made and tested successfully with no issues. He decided to take it to the head of the High Point Armory and it was decided that a mass post-war advertising campaign would take place for the pistol and it would be called "The Wasteland Farmer's Defender" or official designation Riflerevolver-MK1 (RR-MK1) with it's various modifications.

Various calibers for the rifle portion were offered, even 5.56 to 7.62. Along with the center slot being customized for various rounds. The pistol would receive much popularity in the Islamic Commonwealth, being brought by farmers to protect their crops and selves from creatures. An advertisement was sent to the United Republic, asking if they would like to purchase the firearm.

https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/312/795/large/adam-ridsdale-1-and-a-half.jpg?1472311760
I'm a Muslim. I like to collect medals from across the world (military or civilian. I like the design of some medallions and in general, the ribbon designs and choices.)

My storefronts -
GAHA MEDALS AND WEAPONS DESIGN
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=431325
Number one contractor of medals for your nation!
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=435258
The only active pharmaceutical company in Nationstates and also the only one that uses original drawings.
CLICK ME!
About me:
This nation represents my political views in real life, however. It is more monarchy.

My political compass:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=0.88&soc=4.46

Cavendian States
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cavendian States » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Republic of Pamlico

Operation Deathclaw
Outpost 258-53
Ruins of Jacksonville
North Carolina

The Camp was what people called it.

It was a nightmarish place, filled with the twisted steel, charred remains, and irradiated horrors that had become a common sight in the Wasteland. Populated almost exclusively with feral ghouls, deathclaws, and radgators, it had become a major threat for the Republic. Oftentimes, hordes of ghouls would wander into Republic territory, creating havoc and disrupting trade routes between New Bern and Atlantic City. Deathclaws, rare in the Outer Banks due to its wet climate, had staked their claim on the western parts of the Camp. Despite their small numbers, they were fiercely territorial and posed an ever-present threat to the Republic.

However, deathclaws weren't the only thing the brass was worried about. The eastern Camp, with its creeks and rivers, served as a natural habitat for the radgators, who infested the area like rats. Unlike the deathclaws, they were creatures that could live in a wide range of habitats, from abandoned streets to marshes and creeks. Their numbers, combined with their tough armor, stealthy nature, and ferocious attacks, made them a challenging enemy to fight. Many of the radgators in the Camp had gone to proliferate across the Outer Banks and even in the Republic itself.

Operation Deathclaw was supposed to be the military offensive to retake the Camp in the name of the Republic. It had been in the works for decades -- initially, the plan was thought to be impossible due to the large population of intelligent ghouls, armed to the teeth with the Camp's surviving cache of weapons. However, most of those ghouls had been driven to insanity over the years. Their once formidable army was reduced to a handful of ghouls, desperately clinging to sanity. According to reports from the Outpost, they had fled -- their current whereabouts were unknown, although some believed they had simply hunkered down in Jacksonville.

The current state of the Camp was a far cry from its pre-war glory days. Before the nukes hit, the Camp was a marine base, designed to train soldiers for amphibious invasions. It supplied a steady stream of troops for the Alaskan and Chinese fronts, while providing a possible defense in the unlikely scenario that China invaded the east coast. Despite the relatively minor nature of the base, it was nuked, along with its satellite city, Jacksonville.

It was with this in mind that the initial scope of Operation Deathclaw was expanded under Marshal Thurman. Rather than simply clearing the area of threats, the Operation now sought to procure weapons, salvage valuable materials, and scavenge for parts. It also aimed to secure a port -- currently, traders from the South had to make the long trip to Morehead before arriving at Atlantic City. Securing the Camp's ferry would, in theory, make the trip less dangerous and more attractive to traders, many of whom hailed from the United Republic. It was also part of a larger goal -- seizing the Camp would pave the way to Wilmington, a city that the Pamlican Republic had long coveted.

Lieutenant Colonel Richard Dewey was the officer entrusted with the fate of the operation. In his makeshift command center, he controlled everything, with little interference from the brass in Tryon. That was typical of any officer in the Pamlico military -- the Marshal feared that too much intervention would cause officers to be dependent and not self-reliant. Officers out on the battlefield needed to be leaders and make decisions by themselves. Of course, the non-interference was a double-edged sword -- if an officer failed in a crucial mission, or made a terrible decision, he could expect punishment. A common form was to relegate the officer to a non-essential position. Sending them to Cherry Point or Briton for garrison duty was often a death knell to any aspiring officers.

Dewey had a significant number of forces for the operation. The 1st, 2nd and 4th platoons of the Marines 1st company had been sent to participate -- they were all seasoned soldiers, the cream of the crop for the Pamlico military. The Army had also sent some of their best -- the "Angel's Wing" platoon, a famous group of shock troopers lead by their brash, loudmouthed Lieutenant, Frank Parr. They were accompanied by a few 75mm howitzers, fresh from Briton. They would serve a crucial role in the operation, helping to suppress hostiles and soften up the enemy before the offensive.

"So what's the news?" Dewey asked as his right-hand man, Captain John Becker, entered the command center. The Colonel was bracing himself for the worst -- a flurry of worrying reports had come in the day before. All of them had suggested that radgator numbers were much higher than initially estimated. If true, it would a significant roadblock heading forward.

"Sir," Becker saluted, "The news isn't bad, to say the least. Preparations seem to be proceeding smoothly -- US-17 has been secured by the Army. We have the food and water to survive a nuclear winter and more than enough ammo. The clinic's already been set up, although we're lacking some medical supplies. Our scouts have reported nothing unusual in Jacksonville, with the exception of a few radgators. The ghouls aren't a problem -- our snipers are taking them out when they get too close." The Captain concluded.

"Very good," Dewey nodded, "Have we got an accurate reading on the radgator population?"

"Not yet, sir," Becker replied, "The DST is working on it."

"I see." Dewey was less than pleased with the team the Department of Science and Technology (DST) had sent. They took too long, were too methodical, and at times insufferable to be around. Regardless, he supposed that taking their time was necessary, especially for a major operation such as Deathclaw...

Delta Base
New Bern
Republic of Pamlico

Secretary of State Christopher Keaton looked on as the helicopter descended on the pad. They were the delegation sent by the United Republic -- a regional power that had begun to conquer the Carolinas. Despite being a valuable trade partner, the Marshal had harbored concerns about their expansion. News from the south showed that the invasion had largely been successful, with the United Republic seizing the city of Columbia. The upcoming meeting would be absolutely crucial in settling these concerns, while establishing relations with another state.

As the diplomats left the helicopter, they were quickly greeted by Keaton, who smiled warmly. "Welcome to the Republic of Pamlico."
Puppet of Soviet Chernarus
Proud Member of Cinderia

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Background - The (former) Kings of Pennsylvania

Pittsburgh had long been a major city. Before the bombs and the War, the city was one of the largest and most important industrial centres of the United States. Now, under new leadership, the city was at the same power as it was then, one of the major industrial centres of the United Erie Empire.

Pittsburgh had become the political centre of the former Monarchs of the Pennsylvania Commonwealth, the Gallant dynasty. Established in the ruins of the city by a singular strongman in charge of a large group of settlers and bandits who he had managed to bring together in the midst of the city to form a brand new form of power in the wastes. This had been Isaac Gallant. He declared himself King and faced little opposition. In fact, his rise to power in Pittsburgh was rather simple. Most bands of survivors and settlers were more than happy to trade some freedoms for peace of mind and security.

However, like the Ohio, the real boom of the kingdom didn’t come until the Pittsburgh vaults opened. These vaulters swarmed out, revitalizing the region with their wealth of knowledge, expertise, and raw excitement. They soon met the Gallant clan in the city ruins. Despite their tech advantages, the Gallant clan still had the manpower and wasteland experience. And, unlike the vaulters from the Ohio, these vaulters were much more docile and friendly to outsiders rather than conquerors. They both saw the mutually beneficial relationship of joining forces, so the two clans united, forming the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

For much of the Commonwealth’s history they were located mostly within Pittsburgh and its suburbs. It wasn’t for some time that they really began to expand, mostly northward, eventually conquering and taking the small port town of Erie. However, despite this success and their power within the region, their biggest problem was their royal line itself. The Gallant family had certainly never been the most dominate family clan within the Commonwealth, and their claim to power had to be continually established via powerful marriages and family ties in order to maintain power. By the time the Kingdom of the Ohio showed up along their borders, the actual Gallant dynasty was so intermixed between different families, that the real power rested beyond the actual throne.

For the Commonwealth, the arrival of the Ohio was really only the final straw for the increasingly weakened Gallant dynasty. Behind the family line were two very powerful opposing families, each with valid claims, through marriage and children, to the actual throne: The Armstrong clan and the Thomas clan. Both were powerful with wealth and loyal military forces behind them. For the King of the Commonwealth, Johnathan II, his main concern was dealing with these two battling powers while facing off against the much more unified and devastatingly powerful Ohio kingdom.

When war broke out, the battling dynasties managed to put aside their differences for a time and fight against the Ohio assaults. They managed to hold on, defeating them in open battle more than once, and fighting a defensive war, hold on to power. However, it had come at a serious cost. The High Prince himself had been killed in one of the opening attacks, and his other younger daughter had been killed in a bombing raid by the Royal Air Corps of the Ohio. This left him with no true born heir, and Johnathan himself was getting older and sicker.

Both the Armstrong and Thomas families saw this as a perfect opportunity. The Thomas family said the throne should pass to their daughter, the High Princess Ariana, who had been married to the former High Prince himself, and thus the rightful Queen. The Armstrong family disagreed, stating that the throne should pass to their head of the family, Markus and his wife Sharon, the King’s sister, as the closest living relative. With the war on at a ceasefire with the Ohio, both sides attempted to consolidate power to their faction.

The August Crisis was kicked off when news was announced that, at the age of 68, King Johnathan II was dead. After his death, he had yet to fully name a true successor of the dynasty and the throne and both sides faced off ready for a civil war, as the Ohio looked on. It was the Thomas clan that struck first. Ariana, supported by her family and their loyal forces, declared herself Queen by right of marriage. She immediately embarked upon a mission to eliminate all forces loyal to the Armstrong family and the Armstrongs themselves. Government officers, military officers, and all those with power with connections to the Armstrongs were killed, 2 family members, including Markus’ younger brother, who was aide-de-camp to the King. The first act had gone decidedly for the Thomas family.

In desperation, the Armstrongs, escaping out of Pittsburgh with what military units and loyalist forces that they could round out, returned to their old ancestral homes of Erie. They were in desperate need of allies, and needed to act fast before the Thomas reign was fully cemented. There was still enough intrigue and political discussion going in internally to allow for the issues to be figured out. However, with a Thomas sitting on the throne, the Armstrongs’ options were few. They desperately needed allies. And the only ally strong enough that they knew of was, of course, the Ohio Kingdom. Always eager to take control of throne, Queen Marissa IV, who considered herself a true and rightful heir to the throne, since her father had married the cousin of the Gallant family, thus making her a distant cousin to the former king. She accepted the accord that the Commonwealth remain a “separate kingdom” and with its own National Assembly remaining intact apart of the large Erie Monarchy. Queen Marissa accepted these accords, and also agreed to place Markus Armstrong as the Archduke over the Commonwealth.

Thus, while the newly positioned Queen Ariana began to assemble a force to defeat the Armstrong claims once and for all, when she was utterly surprised to hear that Queen Marissa IV had declared herself the rightful Queen of Pennsylvania and that the Armstrong family had supported her claim, but right of family ascension and by right of conquest. With enemies at the gates and enemies within them, Queen Ariana had few options other than to surrender and abdicate throne and pray for mercy from the new Queen and her allies.

On August 31st, the end of the August Crisis came when Queen Marissa IV, ahead of her army, paraded down the main Boulevard (now called Boulevard de la Dame de la Victoire), where she ascended to power with the former Queen there to abdicate in person, and took the throne under the auspices of the Archbishop of Pittsburgh, Declared Queen Marissa IV of the Ohio and Queen Marissa I of Pennsylvania.

In retribution, the newly appointed Archduke Markus Armstrong had the patriarchal and matriarchal heads of the Thomas family executed, two of the youngest Thomas’ were taken by the Armstrongs to be raised by them, and Ariana was stripped of all titles and inheritances, yet allowed to live. She ended up as Duchess of Erie, Samantha Armstrong's, then 11 and niece of Markus Armstrong, lady-in-waiting. The Armstrongs were eager to please the new Kings and Queens of the Empire, and were among the first to declare Queen Marissa IV as Empress of the two kingdoms. However, getting the rest of the population over to their side took longer. However, in the years following, both the follower Emperors and Pennsylvanians worked hard to bridge the two kingdoms together, both culturally, militarily and economically. Their proud nationalism was buoyed by the push from the Emperor to expand the Empire, their bond because of the Church only strengthened. Now, the differences are always present, but the Empire has also never been stronger.

Chapter One: By Right of Conquest – Part Two

Fort Colombia, United Erie Empire
Southern Pennsylvania Border
Green Groves Irish Grenadiers (Irish Grenadiers)

“Benedicat vos omnipotens Deus, Pater, et Filius, et Spiritus Sanctus.”

“Amen”

The Chaplain faced the large mob of blue that was sprawled out in front of him. The crowd of soldiers started to stir in the pre-dawn haze. It was the final Mass before heading out to combat. Most had spent the last night at Confession with the priests. Now, it was over. The last thing before heading out to war.

The soldiers began to move out. Grabbing their rifles and packs, and placing their helmets back on their heads. The men and women were silent, only soft murmurs. Some to the Chaplain, soft blessings being muttered, others softly talking to each other. The dull burning glow of cigarettes marking them out in the fading darkness. The horizon was a soft glow as the sun began its ascent into the sky. In all, it was a peaceful and beautiful morning.

A sharp whistle broke the silence. The men followed it, moving into line along the main road, falling into marching order. They moved quickly, not in a hurry, but with purpose. No wasted movements, no excess energy expended. Today would be a long march.

The cavalry recon squadrons had gone ahead of them, forming a screen as it were, in front of them, and the IAAS had been begun flying recon sorties over West Virginia. Looking for potential enemy targets, fortifications. For any issues that might arise. However, the Irish Grenadiers were the first unit in the lead. The tip of the spear as it were. Behind them, the Brigade artillery battery was close behind, the main cavalry also had the Corps Horse Artillery Battery with them. No expense would be spared on the first thrust.

It was supposed to be a quick strike. Attacking quickly, catching the Morgantown defenders off guard, before serious fortifications could be thrown up. The two nations had had bad blood for years. The Morgantown residents had taken the previous escalations over the previous months as a chance to build newer fortifications, tougher ones. They were still highly outnumbered and were keen to look elsewhere for alliances. They had found a small one far away in Charleston. They had supplied weapons, and according to intelligence, even volunteers. Still, there was truly little what the small Morgantown, and even Charleston, army could do.

But for these soldiers, the fighting was still a long way off. For them, the day would be full of long marches. They were 63 kilometers from the edge of the town. They would certainly run into trouble before then, however, they would still have a long heavy day of marching in front of them, as the soldiers quickly fell into line and started to trudge forward.

Over West Virginia
United Erie Empire
No. 9 Attack Squadron – Eastern Command District

The 4 F4U Corsairs had launched during the pre-dawn darkness from the air base not far out from Pittsburgh. This was the first flight of the day and the first action of the campaign into West Virginia. Air supremacy was important. However, this mission was less about controlling the skies or doing a bombing run. Instead this was purely about intelligence gathering. Gathering intelligence and taking photographs of the area. Providing valuable intel that would save lives on the ground.

Air Regiment commander Colonel Sir Edward “Eddie” Armstrong was the squadron leader today. It wasn’t standard for flight commanders to head out on missions like this, but Armstrong was no standard officer. Armstrong, the middle son of the Archduke, had earned his flight wings at 22, and from then on had rose quickly through the ranks. He had earned a reputation as an extremely competent fighter pilot and something of maverick. He had also earned a solid reputation as a daredevil and as being reckless. Nonetheless, he never did anything that he knew he couldn’t do, or do something simply for show. He was also a solid leader. He always lead by example, and this was no exception. The largest combined arms operation for years in Erie, he was certainly not about to sit on the sidelines of this one.

It wasn’t long before the flight was over Morgantown. They flew high over the city, photographing the entire city layout and their defenses along the major riverway along the city, before turning north. To Dunkard Creek and Mt. Morris; the first line of Morgantown’s defenses. Here they flew lower. Taking in the lines, unconcerned with being spotted. It was early and they still had the element of surprise, at least for a few more hours.

Armstrong looked down along the small creek. The highway was certainly the most defended place. Sandbag and concrete fortifications. Trench lines lined the banks and barbed wire was strewn out on both sides of the bank. He saw movement below. Soldiers and civilians scrambling out, looking up at the aircraft as it flew by. He saw a few flashes below. He stared down. Saw men carrying rifles, pointing them up at him. Firing blindly. He tilted the nose down, turning the plane softly. He gripped the trigger tightly, squeezing out a short burst at the men. He watch the ground explode with machine gun and cannon fire. The soldiers diving into trenches and behind sandbags as the Corsair flew by in a second.

He turned away then, taking the flight away from the area. They were not there to bomb, only observe and mark the locations of the enemy positions for the fighters and bombers to come in later, as they were reinforcing the frontline. Nonetheless, here, the first shots of the campaign had been fired.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:47 pm

Army Command, Rebuilt White House, High Point, ICA

Pres. Mallicoat looked at the map of Pre-war America and marked Winston Salem and the small suburb to the north of High Point, Jamestown as targets for expansion. He wanted both cities but he'd need his generals to split the fighting forces evenly and distribute power armor troops and special forces and so on evenly too. He needed to capture these cities to gain more industry, so he could build and possibly gain more manpower. He spoke with his generals and the order was relayed to split the army groups into Army Command East and Army Command West. ACE would march into Greensboro and take it while ACW would march through Wallburg, an peaceful suburb of Winston Salem, claim rule. And then march into Winston Salem and establish their power there. That way, this would give The Islamic Commonwealths of America four new cities.

Piedmont Airport/Airbase, High Point, ICA
Quest - "Taking to the skies."

Troops marched into the cargo Vertibirds as they prepared to take off, heading towards Winston Salem while pilots got into the propeller Me-109s, starting their engines and taxing to the runway to take off, splitting up into squadrons for Winston Salem. The same occured with the Sabres. Attack Vertibirds with gunners, missiles and other defensive weaponry would also be summoned to the city formerly known as Camel City.

Two Vertibirds landed at the old police station in Wallburg and the Sergeant accompanied by his troops marched out, They demanded to speak to the towns Mayor and the Mayor saw to seeing them. The Sergeant asked if Wallburg would incorporate itself into the Islamic Carolina Commonwealth of the Islamic Commonwealths of America. A simple question. The Mayor thought it over and said yes, commiting a peaceful hand-over of the peaceful but yet small suburban town since the Mayor saw he was dealing with an advanced military force that would destroy his town's small police force that was equipped with WWII-era grease guns and Thompsons.

They got back into their vertibirds and radio'd back to base for a scout car to arrive to station some troops at Wallburg to guard it since it was now apart of the Commonwealth. They took off, heading with the rest of the pack for Winston Salem.

Battle of Winston Salem, North Carolina
"Quest - "Camel City Dreams."

Vertibirds landed and troops marched out, while raiders opened fire. The objectives were simple enough. Capture the city hall, bus terminal and ball park along with Smith Reynolds Airport for another airbase in the region. A sabre flew overhead, dropping some light ordinance on the Raiders encampment, outright destroying it except for maybe a few survivors. The soldiers moved in quickly to what remained and begun firing at the survivors, taking those who surrendered prisoner. They proceeded along with other troops as they landed in various parts of the city to the first objective. The Bus Terminal.

The Bus Terminal sat abandoned and the men thought it was too good to be true, a defenseless piece of downtown Winston Salem? One of the soldiers inspected the bus and mistakenly thought a feral ghoul was a rotting corpse until it let out a shrill, feral ghouls begun pouring out of the bus terminal as well as the buses. The soldiers begun firing, tearing limbs off multiple feral ghouls. One soldier pulled the pin on a grenade and hurled it toward the horde of Feral Ghouls leaving the Bus Terminal. It detonated within five seconds. Sending irradiated blood and body parts everywhere. The bullets kept firing until every single Ghoul was dead. A few men had been dragged into the bus terminal and possibly consumed. A soldier entered the Bus Terminal and realized the men were dead, but there were no Feral Ghouls left for now. The Bus Terminal was declared theirs.

Meanwhile, the other sector of troops moved for the city hall to establish dominance over the city. The Vertibird transporting the soldiers to the roof of the City-Hall had a Islamic Commonwealth of America flag inside to hang from the city hall. They landed ontop of the relatively unguarded city hall while the soldiers on the ground marched fourth, slavers were camped out at City Hall. The slavers noticed the Power armor soldiers and of course, the regular troops marching up and begun exchanging fire. The slavers were quite accurate with their shots, taking down quite a few ICA soldiers but the ICA soldiers were fierce in returning fire. The fighting would go on for a few more hours as the Slavers did not give up. Eventually, air support had to be called in. An assault vertibird arrived within fifteen minutes.

It begun mowing down the slavers with it's mounted minigun. This reignited the battle on the ground too. Soon, the slavers outside would realize they were outgunned and decided to just surrender. The City Hall would shortly be in the hands of the ICA Government. The soldiers marched to the interior of the City Hall where they encountered more slavers and slaves. Thus begun another fierce battle. A power armor soldier decided to use his missile launcher on a group of slavers on the Third floor. This would cripple the main resistance to the ICA troops. Some surrendered but most kept fighting. And the fighting would keep on. Going on for two days. Eventually, the entire slaver faction surrendered and it was decided that the flag of the ICA would be hung from the City Hall while the High Point government dispatched a lower level to become the mayor and city council of Winston Salem immediately to get it under the control of ICA.

Smith-Reynolds Airport, Winston Salem
Quest - "Old birds may fly again."

The Vertibirds hovered overhead, The airport laid abandoned and quite a few different pre-war Aircraft laid on the tarmac of the Airport. The Vertibirds landed and the soldiers disembarked, searching every inch of the Airport and it's exterior. Finding mostly Feral ghouls or yao gaui that'd wondered in. The Airport would be the ICA's second airbase/airport. The runway was in mostly pristine shape, the fortifications would need some work, although. Another flag of the ICA would be raised here in the coming days as soldiers begun working due to boredom on repairing the airport's fortifications.

Jamestown, North Carolina
Quest - "Lydia's Ghost of Jamestown"

A few scout cars were dispatched to the settlement of Jamestown which was mostly a white settlement led by a former Vault Dweller from Vault 169. The soldiers got out of the scout cars after parking them and inspected the city. The towns police would approach with guns drawn and asked who they were. They responded that they were the Islamic Commonwealth of America and were based in High Point to America. One of the officers, intrigued by this decided to take them to see the mayor. The mayor was also a Pre-War man who was in Vault 169's single cyropod. He knew that Jamestown was a suburb of High Point pre-war and was an important area. He would agree to incorporation for protection from the outside. And the Jamestown-High Point charter was signed in High Point later that day. The soldiers continued in their scout cars. Expanding the ICA's land to the Piedmont Triad Airport, so it wouldn't be an isolated piece of the ICA by itself. Now it was finally connected.

Piedmont Triad Airport/Airbase, High Point, ICA

Two vertibirds landed, one was painted fully white and was a cargo vertibird and bore the symbol of the Institute. The other bore the symbol of the United Republic. Two diplomatic teams were assigned to welcome them and also a trading team for the Institute to present 200 syringes of Med-X in exchange for the Synths. The United Republic Diplomats would be welcomed and assigned a four story office building overlooking the rebuilt Islamic White House and the Grand Mosque of High Point. A few protectrons and Mr. Handy's (with charging ports for both) were thrown in for free along with some RobCO terminals.

The Institute would be assigned a two story building for Embassy purposes too right next to the United Republic Embassy on the right side. Whether they would send the people to staff it or not would be up to them. As with the United Republic's embassy. They received some gifts as well but of a lesser quantity.
I'm a Muslim. I like to collect medals from across the world (military or civilian. I like the design of some medallions and in general, the ribbon designs and choices.)

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
The only active pharmaceutical company in Nationstates and also the only one that uses original drawings.
CLICK ME!
About me:
This nation represents my political views in real life, however. It is more monarchy.

My political compass:

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 pm

United Republic

Siege of Charleston

General Commander Aisha Felat had decided to join the last assault on the docks of Charleston, where the last embers of resistance were burning. Gathering several squads of women to her, she stormed the docks of the city, gunning down anyone who had a weapon even as her soldiers blared out calls to surrender. While other women fighters laid down covering fire, she saw a platoon of cavalry ride up to the shipyards of the city, dismount, and then storm the premises; everything seemed to be going well.

Diving and rolling out of the way of a crude molotov, Aisha gunned down the unfortunate grenade-thrower with her AK-47 even as other squads moved up to extinguish the flames with ancient foam; they had to make sure the Shipyards were intact. This insistence on reducing collateral damage had ensured that enterprising enemy snipers had more places to hide, though, which caused the deaths of more of her women than strictly necessary.

Nevertheless, by the end of the day, the sounds of gunfire were fading, and the General Commander was now in Charleston's City Hall, watching over the surrender ceremony by the remaining town council; as a gesture of reconcilliation, some of them were going to be permitted to remain in power, but others would be imprisoned in United Republic territory, and for the worst individuals, well, there was the Unity...

ICA, North Carolina

The United Republic's diplomats would make themselves at home, but once they had rested, they would ask to meet with President Luke Mallicoat, or failing that, the Secretary of State. The chief ambassador, Raiza Al-Sulayhi, was already preparing what she had to say; a proposal in which the United Republic traded raw materials to the ICA in exchange for bulk orders of that new 'Frontier Defender' pistol; all modifications, models, and calibers. After all, national defense was a priority...

Pamico Republic, North Carolina

The United Republic's ambassadors, a husband-and-wife duo, were wearing formal clothing made up of cotton and silk, which was nevertheless relatively unadorned and eschewed elaborate decoration. The two extended their hands to Keaton, before the man said, "Greetings, Secretary of State; thank you for receiving us."

The woman smiled and spoke, "Once we are in suitable quarters, we would like to present our gifts; sugar, molasses, and coffee. We are also interested in discussing pacts of mutual exchange and non-aggression for the mutual benefit of both our nations."

Should they be escorted to a meeting room, the United Republic ambassadors tried to make small talk with the Secretary of State, before moving on to greater matters. The male ambassador said, "Now, for the important part; we wish to reassure you that we have no intentions of expanding to North Carolina, or at least the eastern parts. With threats to the west barely held back by buffer states, antagonizing a state such as yours' would only use up valuable energy and resources."

The woman ambassador, whose Asian features were accentuated by a pixie cut, would then add, "Now, as well as a pact of non-aggression, we wish for a lifting of tarriffs on sugar, sugar products, coffee, and 'maya blue' pigment, as well as bread, pasta, and other wheat products. We also trade Gator meat and leather. In exchange, we wish for fish, seaweed, and eventually, as the naval routes clear up, increased travel between our nations."

Disposition of Forces

Columbia Garrison:

- 2000 women infantry.
- 400 women cavalry.
- 120 former slave recruits.
- 1000 female recruits.

Siege of Charleston:

- 3500 women infantry.
- 600 women cavalry.
- 6 Mortars
- 3 Hueys.

- 2 Fifth-Rates
- 3 Sixth-Rates
- 7 Schooners

Casualties

Siege of Charleston:

- 262 women infantry.
- 55 women cavalry.

OOC: Struck parts are retconned.
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Cavendian States
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavendian States » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Republic of Pamlico

The Center
Tryon District
New Bern
Republic of Pamlico

"It is a pleasure to have you here in the Pamlico Republic," The Secretary of State said before shaking both of the couple's hands. He ushered them towards a truck waiting for them at the base. Keaton made small talk, telling the diplomats a number of interesting tidbits about the base's history. In the distance, one could see two airliners sitting on the runway. The Pamlico Republic's flag fluttered in the distance, next to the base's main building.

The several minute-long ride took them through the Tryon district. The Palace loomed in the background -- once a decrepit old building, it now represented Pamlico's might and endurance, as well as the bloodshed and sacrifice that allowed the people to live in peace.

The truck approached the Center. Before the war, it had been a historical site. Now, it served as the Department of State's main building.

Already, two soldiers were present to escort them to the meeting room. Dressed in clean, ceremonial garb, they saluted the couple as the diplomats entered the building.

One of the ambassadors -- the husband -- moved to assure Keaton that the United Republic harbored no intentions of expanding into North Carolina. That in of itself was a relief -- the Marshal would certainly be pleased to hear it. "I thank you for your assurances. While both of our nations have generally been amicable towards each other, I could never say we haven't been..." Keaton paused, searching for the right word, "...worried about your expansion in the Carolinas. Of course, your words here will go a long way in ensuring a future of good relations and prosperity."

The other ambassador -- the wife -- added to the husband's proposal, offering increased trade and travel in exchange for lifting trade restrictions on a wide variety of goods. "I believe that can be arranged," The Secretary of State replied, "The Pamlico Republic, however, is willing to offer a whole lot more than fish and seaweed. The Mirelurks seem to feed the entire damn country. Their meat is one of our staples," Keaton informed them, smiling, "We also grow a number of crops, particularly in the north. It's mostly grain, corn, and beans. Gator hides are particularly valuable here, given their nature. And while brahmin isn't as common here, we do have some ranches, providing us with a steady stream of meat and leather. Some say our yao guai tamers are the best in the region. I'm inclined to believe them -- yao guai can be used to protect caravans, although I suspect you can find other uses for them."

"The Pamlico Republic, in a show of good faith, is willing to lift tolls for the United Republic in all of our ports. And although we cannot guarantee their safety in our waters, we are also willing to provide priority protection for any trader or vessel from the United Republic." The Secretary of State concluded.
Last edited by Cavendian States on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Cinderia

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:14 pm

United Republic

Little Mountain, South Carolina

The abandoned town of Little Mountain was now the site of a large camp of Aisha Felat's women, who were preparing the last operation to secure South Carolina; the taking of Greenville. And right now, reports from that quarter were not looking too good; the city of Greenville had mustered an army of 2000 professional soldiers to defend their home, as well as an unspecified number of mortars. These were all dug in trenches, barricades, or even remaining old world structures. This meant that even with air superiority - Aisha Felat had already allowed the use of P-51 Mustangs for the operation - a lot of casualties were still going to happen.

Micanopy of the Seminole, leader of the Pathfinder Contingent, had said to her earlier, "We are special forces, and can cause havoc behind enemy lines, but without discounting the courage of our men, it would be better if someone else does the dying. Now, the Pamilco Republic in North Carolina prides themselves on their assassins; perhaps we can use them?"

ICA, North Carolina

N/A

Pamlico Republic, North Carolina

The male ambassador, upon receiving the response of the Pamilco Republic, would then say, "Perfect! We would love beans and bean products, and we can also provide spices to produce the ancient dish called chilli. As for tame Yao Guai, how many can you provide? Because we'd love 20 for our Pathfinders, who are no stranger to animal taming themselves."

The female ambassador then added, "One more thing; our state is prepared to pay 18 tons of coffee for the services of 2 - 3 squads of your special forces in the ongoing operation to liberate South Carolina. Would you be amenable to such a bargain?"
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Embassy of United Republic, High Point

An arabic man in a clean black tuxedo with a beard came into the lobby of the Embassy and said "Agent Mohammad Shakad, Commonwealth Secret Service. The President can see you now. If you'll follow me Diplomats." and he ushered the waiting Diplomats to follow him, outside were men in black fatigues with patches that read "COMMONWEALTH SECRET SERVICE" and Pre-war kevlar vests stood guard all the way to the White House. Also, some power armor secret service members stood guard, just in case. They were escorted up Main Street to 1600 Main Street avenue, where the Rebuilt Islamic-fashioned White House stood. The minarets stood proudly and you could see the Grand Mosque of High Point a few blocks away along with other buildings.

If you noticed closely, there were CSS snipers watching closely and counter-snipers. The president of the Islamic Commonwealth stood at the doors of the White House, ushering the diplomats past the fence gate. They walked on through, he was surrounded by two guards in black power armor that once again bore the logo of the Commonwealth Secret Service and the words "CSS". Before the diplomats could come any closer to the president. One of the power armored soldiers came up to them and said "I'm going to need to pat you all down." and proceeded to pat them down, ensuring they had no weapons as Pres. Mallicoat didn't want to be assassinated. Pres. Mallicoat opened the door to the White House and went in along with his guards and the diplomats.

Rebuilt White House, High Point

Inside the Rebuilt White House which exactly copied the interior to the exact same but with Islamic decorations, of course. Staff of the current administration ran crazily around trying to do their jobs, one diplomat almost got bumped into by the Press Secretary who was on her way to inform the press about this important meeting. Meanwhile, the doors to the Oval Office opened and the Diplomats and Pres. Mallicoat entered the oval office. A lone Mr. Handy with an Arabic accent instead of a British accent begun speaking "Ah, Mr. President, I see you have returned. With guests! I love guests!" as it proceeded to hover over to the oval office's presidental desk and drop off a bowl of Arabian dates, arranged with purified Nuka Cola that was rad-free.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm

United Republic

N/A

ICA, North Carolina

Raiza Al-Sulayhi, wearing her headscarf, would give the President a short bow before accepting the offer of dates, before saying, "Greetings, President Luke Mallicoat of the Islamic Commonwealths of America. We come before you as friends and allies, and wish you utmost peace and prosperity in the name of God and his Prophet."

As she sat down, she would make small talk for a while, before saying, "The United Republic is faced with threats to the West, as well as reactionaries in South Carolina itself who have placed obstacles to their own people's liberation. To confront these threats, new ties of friendship are needed, as well as exchange and trade; fair trade instead of free. And so we offer you not just our friendship, alliance, and support, but also raw materials, metals and such, for the needs of your technology, in exchange for new weapons with which to defend ourselves."

N/A
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavendian States
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavendian States » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Republic of Pamlico

The Center
Tryon District
New Bern
Republic of Pamlico

"Excellent," Secretary of State Keaton answered, "As for the yao guai, I believe 20 is the most we can export. A lot of factors go into taming one. Some are captured from the wild, although most are raised in captivity. Tough little bastards, they are."

Keaton was a little surprised at the second offer. While the Pamlico Republic sending mercenaries to fight in other wars wasn't exactly common, it wasn't rare, either. There was good money to be made. However, contracts were generally signed with other city-states, not regional powers like the United Republic. In addition, the Marshal frowned on mercenary contracts, especially when it involved some of the country's most elite forces. They ran the risk of dying in a foreign conflict, something that the Pamlico Republic simply couldn't afford. A single "Black Death" sniper was worth an entire army...

"While we haven't been predisposed towards mercenary work in the past, I think that, in this case, an agreement can be reached. The Marshal doesn't like hiring out our soldiers as mercenaries, you see. But given the...resources you offer, he can be persuaded." The Secretary of State said to the diplomats.

"There is another provision I'd like to add to our agreement. The Pamlico Republic would like to open up an embassy in your nation's capital, in order to ensure that both of our nations are able to maintain diplomatic communications at all times. We also offer you the same deal -- the United Republic can open up an embassy right here in New Bern. As is standard, your embassy's staff will be granted diplomatic immunity and, if it is required, protection with our military and police forces. We ask that you provide the same in return."
Proud Member of Cinderia

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:50 pm

United Republic

N/A

ICA, North Carolina

N/A

"With the embassies; done, and done!" said the male and female ambassadors in unison.

The female ambassador said, "And we'll allow whoever commands your Special Forces a place in the making of our strategy against Greenville; it's not finalized yet, after all."

The male ambassador said, "Thank you for your time, as well as your patience; now, with your permission, we would like to radio our Co-Presidents the news that we've reached an agreement. Would that be reasonable, sir?"

Their delight was evident, as well as their satisfaction in making a fair bargain.

Disposition of Forces

Greenville Operation:

- 3000 Infantry
- 600 Cavalry.
- 80 Pathfinders and 8 out of 20 Yao Guai.
- 6 mortars
- 3 Hueys.
- 5 P-51 Mustangs

Columbia Garrison:

- 2000 women infantry.
- 200 women cavalry.
- 120 former slave recruits.
- 1000 female recruits.

Charleston Garrison:

- 1500 women infantry.
- 200 women cavalry.

Casualties

Siege of Charleston:

- 156 women infantry.
- 55 women cavalry.
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:59 pm

Dragos Bee wrote:SNIP

Oval Office, ICA

The President sat down and stroked his small beard, "I see. Well, we have recently acquired some technology from a fairly advanced group from the North. Our scientists are trying to reprogram them, Insha'allah.. It'll work. I'll have the Technicians bring them in." and a button was pressed under the desk, a door opened up and four Gen-4 synths came in, surrounded by Technicians dressed in black overalls. Also with them, a Mr. Gutsy and a Sentrybot painted a pre-war Black bearing the logo of the CSS and the words "CSS" just in case the Synths were to activate as some sort of Institute plan.

Pres. Mallicoat was not trying to brag when he said this but he said it anyway, "My scientists and technicians used to work for the Enclave. Working on the most advanced technology. They say that even they are having difficulty with this. Perhaps your nations scientists can help in some way?" and a technician begun speaking

"We're still working hard on cracking the Institute's data and trying to get schematics and what not for it, but it's hard to do. We have to also keep it a secret, The Institute knows all, sees all. I don't want to risk a war with them seeing as how swift they won the Brotherhood-Institute war and how well they advanced Boston. I came from up there, escaping with some Enclave technicians before it had gone to hell with the Institute controlling things. Not to say they haven't done good things. Regrowing trees that were pre-war, green grass. But who needs that. We have that here, we didn't get nuked, after all."

And to stop the Technician from blabbering anymore since he seemed like a motormouth, the President said "As you can see, we have the Institute's pride and joy. But we are still cracking it's data, A long and hard road infront of it unfortunately."

The Synth's were moved back to storage and the Mr. Gutsy and Sentrybot followed behind the Technicians. He hoped that this display of advanced technology would impress the United Republic as he would offer the schematics for the Gen. 4 Synth to the United Republic as an ally if they could somehow make the schematics in the future. He wanted to hear their response, of course.
Last edited by Al-Ghaihr on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:59 pm

4th Battalion, Osage Nation
Shreveport, Louisiana

Whump whump whump…

The sound of rotors overhead could be heard overhead, closer and closer and closer, the troops of the Kingdom of Louisiana becoming more and more discontent. They had been placed on alert before due to strange noise, yet this thing was most certainly real. It was most certainly real, most certainly not natural to the region. That’s to say it wasn’t natural unless some Bloatfly turned twenty feet long, but even then there was good, good reason to be alert. That was a helluva scary thing. A higher-pitched noise could be heard, then, joining itself in chorus upon chorus. Primitive machineguns were rapidly manned, ammo strips fed-in and waiting to be used. The trenches were ready, rifles like porcupine quills jutting-out. There was no telling what could come.

Over the hills, then, a flight of Osage P-47s came-in, low and level like vultures. The air erupted into hell as every gun on-hand was fired, reloaded, fired again for good measure. Small arms fire turned it into a sea of flies, buzzing from one place to the other. The P-47s came on still, despite the fire, flying as fast as all hell and far, far faster than what would be considered possible for the milk jugs. Doubtless they’d just come down from a high dive to gain that speed. Fifty caliber fire hosed from each of the five aircraft before the rockets came, a blizzard of smoke and fire and explosions as all heads were brought down for fear of the shrapnel. The flight turned, then, turned onto the path of the trenches.

Then the bombs dropped.

They weren’t the normal aerodynamic, or generally aerodynamic, weapons, didn’t have stabilizing fins nor a nice little point to the front to ignite whatever payloads were present. No, these were matte-black barrels that dropped like rocks. When they hit the ground, fireballs burst-forth and rolled through the trenches like avenging cavalry. Screams drown-out by engines, men flailing as they got-up from the trenches in their dances, the dead laying there cooked, all this as the flight of P-47s passed back overhead, two of the five trailing white smoke behind. As their engines drew back into the distance, just as the noises were drifting-away and one could hear the sounds of screaming men, another noise came.

Another flight of Osage aircraft, this time the P-39 Airacobra in four flights of five, smoke already trailing behind them as they came-in low and fast. The machineguns already suppressed, a brief hail of bullets and more napalm barrel bombs were dispensed onto the defending troops in the trenches, or rather what few were left. Bunkers were matches for the flame, fire carried-along by it’s own momentum into wooden doors and the rest, and trenches were like little markings for the poor bastards that lay inside. A cook’s runway was one way an Osage pilot would describe a trench, a cook’s runway that only needed some good seasoning and fire. They easily provided the fire.

Men began to try to escape the trenches, the first ones shot dead. In the midst of the assault, few had the hindsight to note the massive number of helicopters, landed and unlanded, some circling to provide covering fire and others simply not. Troops began dispensing from the transports, men in combat armor and the modern helmet that denoted them as the far more elite troops of the Osage. Accurate semi-automatic fire allowed them to keep Louisiana heads down, grenade-throws allowed them to keep Louisiana bodies down, and the troops moved-on. Off of a few transports came the artillery pieces, cannons of 47mm and their associated crews, and the men and women there swiveled their pieces about to the town, pushing them up ahead behind steel gunshields and flanked by their comrades.

Shreveport would fall. Of that there was no question.

Disposition of Forces, Osage Nation
    1st Division, 102nd Regiment, 4th Battalion
      300 Infantry
      10 Type 303 47mm Cannon
      6 M2 Mortar

Routcher
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Routcher » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Florence, Alabama

A cargo barge pulled into the port of Florence, an important city in the United Republic. It was the first time a trader from River City had ventured this far down the Tennessee River, and the barge had been directed to Florence by the locals to find the big wigs of the city. The flag of the River City Republic is proudly flying high above the cabin, and many locals of the port gathered to see the new comer to the port. The upper deck of the ship opened up, and the many wares of the barge were on display. Cotton, produce, booze, weapons, and small arms all went on sale, as the salesman and the captain (assisted by a Mr. Handy robot) begin peddling their wares.

After the crowds begin to disperse, the salesman calls out, "If anybody would find a local official and introduce him to me, I'd be willing to pay a generous amount of caps!"

Cincinnati, Ohio

Likewise, another cargo barge, this time along the Ohio River, found it's way to Cincinnati. However, unlike with the United Republic, the merchant was carrying chems, drinks, pure water, cigarettes, clothes, and many items traded from settlements along the river (odds, ends; that sort of thing). He found a bit of success with the locals, who were interested mostly in his junk and unique flavors of Mentats. When the day was over, he too, offered a local a lot of money to introduce him to the people in charge of Cincinnati.

River City
The General Assembly gathered in the capitol building to discuss matters of trade, expansion, and assets for the monthly meeting.
"the people of the town of Hickman have wisely decided to join us as citizens of the Republic," Speaker John Ruseman said, "and our next expansion target is Union City. If we can pull this off, and get the people of Union City to join us, we will have access to a greater population, many more assets, and more in-land-based trade. The good news that our surveys suggest that they have a favorable view of us. Moving on, prior to his departure to the Osage City of St. Louis, the Grand Mayor said he wanted to open relations with the people of New Egypt for the first time in decades, and a vote will be held by this assembly to determine if this is a course the Republic will take."
The vote to open diplomacy to New Egypt passed, 10-2.

A grand flotilla was being arranged to Memphis soon, which shall include the personal barge of the speaker, three trade barges, and a party barge with loudspeakers and a top-deck bar.

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 am

United Republic

Florence, Alabama

A middle-aged woman would refuse the credits but nevertheless escort the Salesman to the City Hall, where a circle of local officials, along with an audiece of citizens who had been randomly chosen by lot, were waiting for him. There seemed to be no single leader or figure; each member of the council deferred to the others at different times, with the most important people being two individuals, one a young-ish man with sharp eyes and a slight perpetual grin, and the other was... the middle-aged woman who had escorted him there in the first place. The discussion that followed was quick and animated, but overall eager, before the young man then said, "Why, where are our manners? My name is Edwin Fitzgerald, one of the Co-Mayors of Florence, and this lady here is Ellen Gardener, the other Co-Mayor. The others are Corky Cook, Lise Everlot, Alfonso Guttierez, Selma Reed, and Rod Tell."

The middle-aged woman then took her seat and said to the Salesman, "Aside from the Co-Mayorship, the other council members have no official position or ranks; rather, what they do is chosen based on thier skills; the best logistician automatically does logistics, the best agriculturalist automatically assumes control of agriculture, and the best festival-thrower is given the resources needed to raise morale. Basically, we base our system on prestige and what skills emerge when faced with the circumstances." A smile. "But enough exposition; here is what we want.

"The City as a whole can negotiate a limited arrangement with River City to sell Sugar, Rum, Molasses, Wheat, Beer, Pasta, and Bread, in exchange for Horses, Timber, and additional Weapons and Dairy. We can also use Dry Rations in case of conflict with the United Republic's neighbors. The United Republic can be asked to agree to a larger version of this bargain, just as your ambassadors can be persuaded to do so on your end. You will bring an ambassador next time, correct?"
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:00 am

Office Building, Downtown High Point

The realtor looked at the men and said "Look, this is a great spot for your pharmaceutical company. You're near the White House, right infront of the United Republic Embassy. You can just walk on over and ask for government funding or resources or whatever whenever. This is the last one on my list, and I really need you guys to buy something, please."

The two men examined the office building from the first floor to the seventh floor. They shook their heads in approval at it, wrote out a cheque for the building and gave it to the realtor. Following this, this building would now be the Pharmaceutical Headquarters of Carolina Commonwealth Pharmaceuticals.

CCP Office/Factory

Assembly lines were put in place behind the lobby, with tablet presses and machines nearby with the dyes and the stamps. RobCO Terminals were set up in the lobby along with quite a few Mr. Handy's being brought from the cities robot salesman at the Bazaar. One would be programmed for performing lobby duties such as greeting fellow business owners, employees, guests and the like, also bringing water and much more. Others would perform a mixture of factory duties such as the production, quality control, packaging, And finally a Mr. Handy would serve as the CEO's secretary and also customer service agent.

They quickly begun work on producing Alprazolam otherwise known as Xanax, producing it in bar-like tablets that can break off easily for distribution throughout the wasteland. For they knew Stress was high. He made it a point to advertise to the United Republic their medicines by sending a sample of Xanax to them for a patient who suffered from PTSD or extreme anxiety or muscle spasms.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:27 am

Grey Family

Note: This was written with permission from NewLakotah.

Deborah Grey

"Here's the thing," Deborah Grey was saying to her new client as the two sat in her water-cooled office. "Relative of the King in Eerie or not, you and your escort violated Indianapolis Law by accidentally setting Madame Goldie's establishment on fire, risking the lives of several of her... Courtesans. Not merely that, but I did the research; you're in deep trouble with your parents, the main branch of the Royal Family ignores you, and they won't care if you spend a decade or so in prison as long as you're not enslaved or executed. Heck, if they're convinced that you've embarrassed them and their 'Empire', they'd even let you vanish discreetly. So do what I say and pay through the nose if you want to get out of the city and keep what remains of your family's respect."

The client, one Lawrence Williamson, sat across from her desk looked fiightened now, his silk uniform soaked with sweat despire the cool of the office. He would then say, "I didn't mean to burn it down, Mrs. Grey. I and my friends were just having fun."

Deborah smiled. "Well, lucky for you, no one died in said fun, lest I'd be demanding 50,000 caps instead of just 10,000. As it is, Madam Goldie is seeking vengance, and it will be hard to mollify her. But I can do it with as little humiliation to you or the good name of Eerie as possible. So, what do you say?"

A streak of craftiness - or something approximating it - flashed through the client's blue eyes as he said, "I'll pay you 4000 caps first; the rest comes for when it is time for me to depart from this town, hopefully forever."

Deborah stretched out her hand and said, "Agreed."

Enrique de Santander Grey

When racing one of the nuclear-powered racing cars of the Indianapolis Speedway, being both immune to radiation while keeping one's good looks gave Enrique de Satander Grey a unique advantage. Though a relative newbie at the art, having only raced for five years in-between protection missions for Deborah, Enrique was a natural sportsman whose even win-loss record was more than balanced out by his tendency to remain on the spotlight. But enough talk; he was racing now, his first race as a free man.

Grasping his steering wheel smoothly, Enrique faced the opposing car before him, which was shifting from left to right across the road trying to block his way. Giving himself a second to see the pattern made by said car, shifting right to left himself, he found an opening in the split-second between movements and darted forward, moving into second place.

For a brief moment, he was tempted to go further in hopes of outracing his current opponent and taking the gold throphy for himself. But Enrique knew that the other racers, Ghoul and Human, already resented him for the gifts Atom had bestowed. Best not to deepen that dislike. No, an even second place would be enough for him; enough bets and enough of a cash prize and enough merchandising deals in Indianapolis to earn profit for himself and his family.

A family he had long before Deborah had made the decision to free and marry him, realizing that they owned each other's hearts.

Étienne Beauchamp Grey

Étienne Beauchamp entered Deborah's office once Lawrence Williamson had left; he had been standing guard before her office door at her request. He would then ask evenly, "Is everything all right, Ma'am? Then again, it's not that he had any power to hurt you, not without Enrique and Ryan taking revenge."

He then looked at Deborah, almost glaring. She looked back, nonplussed but not angered either, waiting for him to say what his issue was. Laying his musket, pistol, knife and other weapons by the door to signal that he was not letting it come to violence no matter what, he sat down on the chair across from his former master, and said, "It feels great, doesn't it? Playing house with your former slaves, thinking you still own them in all the ways that matter. Letting them forgive the fact that you owned them, that they were things to you; probably still are."

Deborah tilted her head slightly, calmly replying, "You were given money and supplies to make your own way when you were freed. Instead you chose to stay. Reluctantly, in hindsight, but you still stayed."

Étienne shouted, angry tears flowing from his eyes, "Because Ryan wanted it! And Enrique! Because they stayed! If given a choice, I would have gone away from here, away from you!"

Even now, the boy made no move to reach for the weapons nearby. It would be so easy, so easy to just run for his gun and shoot his former master dead, but he had the self-control not to do that and just stick to anger and accusations. And deep inside, he knew Deborah admired that about him.

"You can continue, if you want," he heard the woman say.

Étienne bowed his head and said, "You enslaved me just as much as the people who killed my parents did! You waited a year to free me! You held the remote to my slave collar all the while, knowing you can kill me if you wanted. How can you make that all right?!"

Deborah's response was, "To be honest, this situation is just as unnatural to me as it is to you. But please, believe me when I say: I never wanted to hurt you, that I slowly began to see you as who you are, a kid. A scared little kid who had lost everything. But I was afraid, afraid of going against convention like my mother had. But the fact remains, I want to make up for what I did to you, Étienne. Please give me that chance."

Étienne broke down weeping at that.

Ryan Brooks

Ryan Brooks was manning the pit stop for his new father's car, having taken Rad-X beforehand so as to avoid radiation poisoning and Ghoulification. As he helped replace the wheels and check the reactor for any leaks, the boy would quip, "Étienne's being angsty again, I can feel it."

Enrique's response was, "Well, we did give him and Deb some time alone to deal with their differences, after all. Anyway, here's hoping I can retain second place; we'll all need the money for our next project."

Ryan nodded. "One day, one day we'll be riding in an Osprey."
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:26 pm

CCP Greenhouse/Lab, Horneytown, Carolina Commonwealth, Islamic Commonwealth of America

Shortly after Horneytown was incorporated into the country, scouts from Carolina Commonwealth Pharmaceuticals scouted for an area to grow opium poppy as well as various other plants to produce their medicines, as well as a lab in the same spot. Horneytown represented the small town America and had decent protection from the cities Police force. It was the perfect spot for classified new medicines that could help the wastes, far away from the hustle and bustle of High Point and the redevelopment of Winston Salem.

A rented Cargo Vertibird flew to the CCP Greenhouse and landed, dropping off more Mr. Handys. They proceeded to move them inside and activate them while assigning them tasks such as cultivating the plants, cutting them, dealing with pests, etc. A unique Mr. Handy would be assigned a personality and was named "Boss" as he led the Mr. Handys. A few scientists who were unemployed in High Point were hired and allowed to move into the Lab's living quarters. Some additional Mr. Handys as the CEO purchased a bit over the limit of what was needed were assigned to help with menial tasks in the lab such as heavy lifting and so on. They begun experimenting on the traditional opiate, Med-X.

After having extracted it from it's syringe of course. They begun manipulating it's properties in the lab through Chemistry until they could figure out what else could be made besides what was already known to the lab. As a result, the lab discovered Suboxone, Fentanyl and derivatives of Fentanyl, Hydromorphone, Oxymorphone and some other opioids. The company forwarded the research notes to the CEO saying that Suboxone could replace Addictol for opioid addiction and that the company stands to make large profits if it does make Suboxone. A decision was made to test the drug after producing a small quantity of it.

United Republics Embassy, High Point, Carolina Commonwealth, ICA

A man in a labcoat came in and begun speaking to the desk attendant. "Hello. I represent Carolina Commonwealth Pharmaceuticals. We are looking to know if you would be willing to send any citizens here who have a problem abusing Med-X or other known opioids, like Morphine or Codeine. We would like to engage them in an experimental trial and they will be compensated of course. The experiment is approved by the Government of the Islamic Commonwealth of America." he said as he smiled.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Cavendian States
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cavendian States » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 pm

Republic of Pamlico

The Center
Tryon District
New Bern
Republic of Pamlico

"Yes, you may contact your co-presidents," Keaton nodded, "I'm glad that we were able to reach a quick agreement that benefits both sides."

"As for the mercenaries and the embassy, we'll contact you immediately once the details are settled," The Secretary of State said, holding out his hand.

Ocracoke Outpost
Ocracoke Island
Outer Banks
Republic of Pamlico

The Ocracoke Outpost was established in the year 2267 under Marshal McCormick. It was a major step for the Pamlico Republic, being the first permanent base in the Outer Banks. While earlier expeditions had established outposts, all had failed. The sheer logistical effort of establishing and maintaining such a base, combined with the threats posed by the natural wildlife, made early outposts doomed to fail within the first few months. The lack of readily available shelter was also a major problem -- an abandoned town had been located at the island's southern tip, but its houses had largely been destroyed by a combination of storms, flooding, and age.

The 2267 expedition was ultimately successful, for a number of reasons. It took place in the aftermath of Bradley's reforms, in which weaponry and equipment were standardized and the quality of Pamlico's soldiers were vastly improved. The entire operation, codenamed Molerat, was also under the auspices of its highly competent commander, future general (then colonel) Harry Bradwick. This enabled elite platoons of marines to secure a stronghold, from which they cleared nearby threats -- mostly Mirelurks -- and established a permanent outpost on the island.

The Outpost has since served a variety of purposes. It serves as a method for the Pamlico Republic to project power into the rest of the Outer Banks, with Cape Hatteras being a major target. Preliminary reports show that the area, the location of Vault 110, is infested with Mirelurks. It also functions as a research station, providing a base from which DST scientists can gather information and conduct experiments. In recent years, the restoration of most of Ocracoke's harbors has allowed the Outpost to receive low-level traffic. The Outpost, largely self-sufficient due to its Mirelurk hunts, fishing, and subsistence farming, has become a trading post of sorts -- merchants and traders looking to travel north often stop by Ocracoke, offering to buy and sell goods.

Yet the base is not fraught without its problems; Operation Deathclaw has resulted in some of the Outpost's best men being shipped off to Jacksonville. The increasingly small garrison has been forced to contend with a growing Mirelurk population, while raiders and pirates, groups that typically avoid the Marines, are emboldened by the Outpost's vulnerabilities. Once considered to be of imperative importance, political infighting in New Bern over the Republic's expansion has left the Outpost relegated to the sidelines. Supply shipments of ammo and medical supplies have slowed down, with many of the resources being diverted to aid the attack against the Camp...
Last edited by Cavendian States on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of Cinderia

Routcher
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Routcher » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 pm

Florence, the United Republic

"Of course," the merchant smiled, "I shall return in some time with an ambassador and the goods you require. Timber will be fairly cheap to give you, however horses and other livestock is a massive expense to drag all the way along the river. But if you're willing to pay, it shall be done. Weapons, ammo, we'll bring 'em as we find 'em. Dairy products aren't really our thing, but only because we don't have a market out west for it. I'm sure I could convince a few capitalistic friends of mine to start producing milk and cheese back home, and you'll be our first customers. And of course I'll tell the leaders of River City about our encounter, and hopefully you'll tell the leaders of the United Republic about it too. I look forward to returning, with an ambassador. Will you be sending an ambassador with me to River City? It would be best for the Mayor to hear of your needs directly from you to ensure you receive the best deal possible."

Union City
"Listen up, everyone," the local leader of Union City, Tennessee called the meeting in the town square at the crack of dawn. Today is the day of a vote. We've been trade partners and close friends to the River City Republic for some time now, and we have been approached by the General Assembly of River City to become citizens of the Republic. Our laws, as well as the laws of River City, state that we must vote on this issue. Do we become part of something bigger to ensure security from raiders and keep the caps flowing? Or do we keep striking out on our own, and try our luck? Today's the day that we find out.

Later that day, a vote was held. Of the 1,307 citizens of Union City, only the 7 children did not cast a ballot.
In a relatively-close vote, the people of Union City elected NOT to become citizens of the Republic, much to the dismay of the General Assembly. The final vote was (Against 700-600 For).

Frustrated by the results, and tired of barely scrapping by in the wasteland, 325 people left Union City to the ruins of Woodland Mills, an old small town that sat between Hickman and Union City near the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. An election was held immediately and Woodland Mills was incorporated into the River City Republic. 19 Citizens were drafted into the Navy, although since none of them had boats due to being off-river, the River Admiral decided to create a new division of the Navy entitled "The River City Republican Marine Corps". Essentially they were given the same training and gear as the rest of the Navy, however they would be utilized for on-land incursions; something the Navy had been sorely lacking for a long time. A new boot-camp is being constructed for future marine training in woodland Mills, and the 19 new marines remain in their new home were not called to a deployment, to better protect Woodland Mills.

Among the ruins of Woodland Mills, the following buildings are in the process of being re-purposed for the needs of River City:
-A hydraulic equipment and body shop is becoming a munitions workshop
-Woodland Mills City Hall will be partially restored and will serve as the town hall for the new settlement
-A Fertilizer business was looted and the fertilizer was put to use in the new crops being grown. The building will serve as an agriculture surplus warehouse
-The old Baptist Church will become the headquarters for River City Republican Marine Corps. until a more suitable location can be constructed
-The bank in the center of town will become the new location of a River City bank, trade post, and quick loan store.

Despite the failure to annex Union City, the Republic was able to make the most out of a bad situation and found new opportunity in Woodland Mills, thanks to several people wanting more security. However, this has potentially soured the relations with Union City, and time will tell if the marines will have to take action against their former friends or not.

Dragos Bee
Minister

Postby Dragos Bee » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 pm

United Republic

Florence, Alabama

"Two ambassadors, actually," said the middle-aged woman. "We believe in doing everything in twos'; male-female pairs provide a balance of points of view." She then turned towards the council and citizens. "All right, who has studied foriegn policy and who is good with talking to people?!"

The council and the random citizens began discussing among themselves, with the conversation growing warmer, but not heated. Finally, two people stepped forward, a young man in his early twenties and an old woman in her sixties'.

"I've been reading books on diplomacy and foreign policy!" said the young man, whose glasses were polished.

"And I've been managing relations with other towns, settlements, and tribes ever since I was 30 years old," the old woman said. "A trip to River City sounds like one last adventure..."

Through the radio, Aisha Felat said to her subordinates elsewhere, "Some time ago, the Co-Presidents and I have authorized the raising of 100,000 caps - wait, make that 100,000 to 1,000,000 caps - through third parties; I usually hate mercenaries, but a thousand of them fighting means a thousand of us living to fight another day. Ask Co-Presidents Osecola and Sedna if they'd use the diplomatic networks we've developed over the years to shop around for sellguns. We need Greenville to fall before autumn and the harvest, and if we're going to do it without too many deaths on either side, we need to fill up our numbers."

She said this in Kurdish, in order to make sure that if her communications were intercepted, they would not be deciphered. "Also, tell the Co-Presidents that the ETA of the Greenville Operation is the last month of summer; just before their crops fully ripen."

This will be a grim war, even if we get those mercs in time. But we can assure ourselves that it'd be a lot worse.

ICA, North Carolina

The desk attendant would then have the doctor escorted to where Raiza-al-Sulayhi's male counterpart, Abdullah ibn Umar, were. After being given some time to repeat his words, Abdullah looked at the doctor and said, "Asking us to give over our citizens to a relatively unknown power...A heavy request. Nevertheless, despite the weight of said request, we'd grant it... If your CEO promises to take most of its imports from the United Republic, imports of the raw materials needed to make medicine."

------

Raiza Al-Sulayhi would then say to President Luke Mallicoat, "So, what new weapons can the Islamic Commonwealth of America produce? Weapons that can be manufactured with our workshops? Do you have pistols, assault rifles, models of combat and riot armor? And of course, ammunition and artillery; our artillery arm is the weakest part of our armed forces."

She then paused, as if remembering something. "Oh! And another request, coming straight from our Co-Presidents, is that we be allowed to raise a large number of caps - 500,000 to 1,000,000 in your lands through trade and sale, and that said caps, once raised, are to be used to hire mercenaries from elsewhere in North Carolina and even Virginia for our upcoming operation to take Greenvile, the last bastion of meaningful resistance in the state."

The ambassadors thanked him, and went to their quarters. Next day, however, they would ask for another meeting with Keaton, and the male ambassador would tell him, "We've just received authorization to exchange several hundred tons of guns and ammunition with you in exchange for 500,000 to 1,000,000 caps, as well as the services of your trading contacts in finding and hiring mercenaries from the rest of North Carolina and Virginia for our efforts in securing Greenvile in South Carolina."

Disposition of Forces
Last edited by Dragos Bee on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Waztaskio
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Waztaskio » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:36 am

Woonsocket Town - Machine Factory

"The crowds-...now that's something you don't see everyday." A man wearing a pre-war business suit, complete with a black top hat said as he was looking outside the windows of a recently refurbished factory, Leaning just out of sight of the sunlight bearing through the window, his legs and arms were crossed as he mustered a smirk across his face. One would think he was in deep thought, but no. This was not the face of a genius looking to make some quick work, as they had seen that face too in the past. No, this face was different. It was a face of envoy that was dotted from those beady brown eyes, down to that silver-tongue where learned deceit and dutiful business tactician would intermingle and fight for dominance at any negotiating table. It was like gambling, where the stakes were high, and you've yet to realize you've already lost. This was the character of Maxwell, an enigmatic genius. Never could he be predicted, his moves lavish and smooth as silk, as he is both a prude yet player, a mystic yet cynic. Maybe this is because nobody really understood Maxwell, or maybe Maxwell just understands us far too well.

"Yes, sir. The crowds been gaining size since the construction crews were dismissed. And the press has already been snapping pictures awaiting statements," said one of the Governors personal guards. Ever since 2202, usually filled by a small detachment of the PSRI Army. Although not a huge squad, it was sufficient enough to protect the residences of the Governor and escort him safely through the state. They are scene wearing black suits with ties, along with a business like hat to help blend into the local population, however this is put off by the fact that they are heavily armed and protected by various armor pieces to signify them as a more elite unit of the PSRI Army.

"Well, let's not keep the crowd waiting much longer," said Maxwell as he made his way out the door to the crowd of the cheering population. Out in public, he was the typical politician in the crowd. He kept a smile which seduced you into trust, patted you on your shoulders and shook your hand in a way that made you feel as if he was your long-ago friend that you never met before, and spoke so eloquently that it seemed like he understood the struggles of every man and women in the world. And that was the problem-...he was just too damn likable. As he was snapped photos of by local news paper publications and climbed his way onto the makeshift stage which had been set up for him, he began to give a long and inspiring speech on the commitments of the state to the principles of limited government, free-market capitalism, and the grand opening of the new manufacturing plant we had taken shelter inside before revealing ourselves to the crowd on the outside. As I watched him give the speech with his rapid hand gestures and emotional appeals, I couldn't help but wonder what I was doing here.

You see, I wasn't a politician or someone to woo for re-election, not that you ever re-elect the Governor anyway. But no, I'm pretty insignificant. I grew up in Providence and attended school from elementary to high school as dictated by law, and then went into Brown University, one of our three restored higher academic institutions with the others being the New England Institute of Technology, and the Naval War College. My grades were high, and I graduated at the top of my class, but nobody really values a lot of the education due to the conditions of the wasteland in general. Frankly, I'm still shocked that the governor sought me out for this "special request," that he wants me to fulfill and said he would fill me in on that request after this ceremony. As I waited for him to return, I decided to have a look around the factory before the new workforce was allowed to begin operations. It was a normal manufacturing plant, for low-yield materials. Electrical appliances, toys, the small stuff. Although there was some Heavy Industry also being constructed, it was still a little bit off. The machines in the factory weren't pristine, but engineers had spent months restoring them to working condition and to me, that was an achievement worth consideration and enough for the governor to host this ceremony to begin with. As I was about to explore past the assembly areas, I was suddenly tapped on the shoulder by someone behind me, causing me to swing around to face the individual who had tapped my shoulders.

"Well, glad to see we're up on our feet today Miss Cassidy. How are you enjoying your tour of this factory?" Maxwell said, as workers were guided past him into their new work stations.

"It'll get the job done, but I still don't really understand what this factory has to do with me governor." I finished my statement, just as the governor turned around and motioned for me to follow as we walked past the new arrivals of employees and out to the parking lot. Finding an empty spot, Maxwell took a seat and pointed back towards the factory.

"You see this factory? To a person of your stature, it may seem insignificant. The equipment is old, the workers are rather inexperienced, and the time and effort spent may have been used in other avenues of development, yes? Well you would only be seeing a portion of a product, Miss Cassidy. As what rolls down off the assembly line of this fine machine of initiative is progress. Churning in the furnaces, piping out of the chimneys, packaged into boxes for shipping. It's like an equation in the works, you have to start somewhere." Maxwell finished, dropping his finger from the building as he looked up to Cassidy.

"Progress in a package? I didn't know that progress was considered a commodity that could be shipped and traded." I said, looking back over towards the factory to watch even more piles of workers head into the building.

"Oh, yes Miss Cassidy. As with all business, if it can be sold, it can be traded, and if it can be traded, it can be sold. Surplus value economics my dear, and it'll only allow for bigger foundations. I'll tell it to you straight about the PRSI, and that is without a real long-term strategy it won't survive long continuing how it has been. Opening a factory or two is always nice, but there has to be more. We have to manufacture our own leverage in this new world, and for that I require people like you with the expertise in appropriate fields to bring my goals straight into the eye of the public. And broadcast to all that we are here to do one thing, and that is to restore innovation and initiative to the markets of this new world, and society. All I need to know Miss Cassidy, is if you are interested in helping me carry this out?" Maxwell said, as he stared to Cassidy.

"Well, I don't suppose I have any other higher calling. What exactly is it you need me to do?" Cassidy asked, with one of Maxwells guards handing her a sealed envelope.

"Don't open that until we leave. If you do what it says, then we'll be in touch. If not, then we won't be seeing each other again then Miss Cassidy. At least, not in this fashion. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other affairs I need to attend to today." Maxwell stated, as he stood up and proceeded with his guards towards his personal motorcade and proceeded away from the factory. Cassidy stared at the note, awaiting for the motorcade to be fully out of site before opening the envelope to view it's contents.

"Oh hell...what have I got myself into..." Cassidy said, as she breathed a long sigh and re-sealed the envelope. Proceeding to leave the premises of the factory as well in the distance behind her.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse