NATION

PASSWORD

The gods Next Door [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

The gods Next Door [OOC]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Banner created by Forest State

IC | Roster | Theme | Discord

2000 years...

That is how long my kind have been fallen from our seats of power. Cast out by a force beyond our comprehension. He came suddenly, like a dark flood; the Slayer. His power was beyond us, unlimited, unstoppable. He cut us down one at a time until we were all forced to flee our ancestral homes. We went into hiding, despite the complaints of the more bellicose among us. Our immortality waned, and hunger gripped our bellies, cold seeped into our bones and pain made our acquaintance. All the pantheons seemed to reach the same conclusion we did; to take the form of mortals and live among them.

This is how far we have fallen. The mighty gods of old, lowered to the status of human. But it was necessary. In the many long centuries since our fall, I have been searching for an answer, and I think I have finally found one. The power of the gods, united in a singe deity, would be enough to overcome the Slayer and whatever force controls him. This poses its own concerns- who would the pantheons trust their power to? I doubt they would be able to suggest anyone but one of their own. So what is the solution? The only one I can find is to take their power by force. War is costly, but that need not be the only solution. I have tracked down what I believe to be the last standing Heaven Gate. The first Pantheon to claim and use its power would become nigh-unstoppable. I owe it to my family and my people to claim that in our name.

Welcome to the gods Next Door. In this RP you will play a god from a pagan pantheon that has been forced along with the rest of your pantheon 'family' to live on earth and pose as a human living in Portland, Oregon. You are hiding from the Slayer, a creature who's origin is a mystery, but is capable of killing gods. Your power has been weakened from centuries of being cut off from your ancestral home, and you are capable of being injured. Using your godly powers will drain your reserves, and when they are depleted, you are human, totally and completely. Killing other gods can restore your power, but doing so will draw the Slayer in. The souls of mortals also contain the power to restore you, but the Slayer is no fool, and you may also draw unwanted attention from local law enforcement.

Mortal weapons cannot kill you, but you can be injured, forcing you to expend your power to heal. The only way to kill a god while they still have power with few exceptions is to stab them through the heart with a wooden stake fashioned from their sacred plant dipped in the blood of their sacred animal. Additionally, godly weapons can kill other gods, but most have been lost to the ages, or left behind in your retreat. Finding them would mean great increases to your power.

You are not invincible. Strength lies in numbers. Your family may very well be your only chance of survival.

Rules
  1. I am the OP and my word is final in all matters
  2. Respect coOPs
  3. Godmodding and meta-gaming will not be tolerated. Doing so will result in the immediate death of your character and the request for you to leave the RP
  4. Your character may/will die if you play them stupidly. For example: a god of poetry should not attempt to fight a god of war
  5. Do not kill another player's character without their approval or my permission
  6. You are responsible for knowing the current plot, if you post something that contradicts the current plot or rules of the universe, it will be ignored
  7. No god is inherently more powerful than another with the exception of founder gods
  8. Only gods from pagan pantheons that are not currently worshiped in any effective capacity will be allowed
  9. The mythologies of your god may not be literally true in this universe, so do not harp/focus on them
  10. Embodiment gods such as Thanatos, Uranus, Gaia, etc are not allowed
  11. Remember your powers are muted, so the more unrealistic the feat, the more it should weaken you
  12. If there is an app for the founder of your god's pantheon, try to take the same surname
  13. Posts should be at least a paragraph, if you are interacting with another character, cowrites are recommend

The Slayer

This is the terrible creature that drove you from your homes. Its full power is unkown, but no single pantheon has manage to destroy it. It can be injured and delayed, but nothing can stop it forever. It is not a mindless killing machine and can be reasoned with on the rare occasion.

What gods Can NOT Do
Please note, just because something is not explicitly on this list does NOT mean that your character can do it.
  • gods cannot travel to other dimensions
  • gods cannot time travel
  • gods cannot come back from the dead
  • gods cannot raise the dead fully (necromancy is still iffy)
  • gods cannot steal the power of another god while they are alive
  • gods cannot control mortal's minds unless they have that specific ability or other magical means

Application
Code: Select all
[box]
[b][u]god:[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Relation to Leader of Pantheon[/b] (as human, if applicable)

[u][b]Human Form[/b][/u]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[u][b]True Form[/b][/u]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b] (Optional)
[/box]
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:38 pm

Roster

Norse

Celtic

Greco-Roman

Egyptian

Hades is reserved
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:11 am, edited 13 times in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:22 pm

God like tag
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:14 pm

god: Lugh Lamhfada
Name: Seamus Gallagher

Relation to Leader of Pantheon Currently the leader of the Tuatha de Danann

Human Form

True Form

Personality: One of the youngest Chief Gods, Lugh's personality still has a youthful energy to it. He is as bright and vibrant as the sunlight that he was the god of, before his power fell with all the others. He enjoys physical activities and anything else that lets him move his body- and he's usually good at it. Though he might seem to almost have a jockish mentality, it would be completely wrong to describe Lugh as 'dumb muscle'. He has a head for literature, and isn't a stranger to the 'intellectual pursuits' of life. Though kind and warmhearted, Lugh was a warrior and a king in his past life. He sees no problem with using violence to settle issues, and may or may not secretly crave a chance to use it. The responsibility of leading the Tuatha has a heavy weight, and he secretly wishes that one of their other former kings may appear one day, so that he would be free to enjoy himself again.

Occupation: Lugh is the young owner of Mac Lir Fishing, a commercial fishing company based on the Oregon Coast. While primarily based on the coast, there is a smaller facility that works the Willamette River, and this is the one that the company's owner lives nearest to.

Bio: Balor, the one-eyed Fomorian god of Blight, received a prophecy from his resident druid- that his grandson would be the cause of his death. In response to this, Balor had Ethniu, his only daughter, locked away in the Tor Mor tower on Tory Island. Ethniu would be cared for by 12 women, so that she would never learn of the existence of men, and thus would never become pregnant. Balor then settled into his tyrannical rule of the Fomorian-controlled Ireland. On the mainland, Cian of the Tuatha de Danann came to own a magical cow called Glas Gaibhnenn, blessed with fertility. Glas Gaibhnenn would be able to provide enough milk to feed a great deal of people. Because of this, everyone wanted to possess it- including Balor.

Through trickery, Balor stole Glas Gaibhnenn for himself. Cian desired revenge for this crime, and so he contacted Birog, a faerie of the Sidhe. Using her magic, Birag transported Cian into the Tor Mor tower wherein he seduced Ethniu. As is common for deities of unclear morality, Cian made Ethniu pregnant with triplets, and left soon after. Balor was furious about this, and gathered up the three children, wrapped them in a sheet, and put them in the care of a messenger who was told to go and drown the children in a whirlpool. Two of the children died, but the third was dropped in the harbor, unbeknownst to the messenger. This third child was rescued by Birog, and was left in the care of his uncle, Gavida the smith, who named the child Lugh.

When he was a young man, Lugh set off from home to join the court of Nuada, the king of the Tuatha de Danann at the time. The doorkeeper of the castle refused to let him in unless he possessed some sort of skill that will be useful to the king. Lugh offered his services as a wright, a smith, a champion, a swordsman, a harpist, a hero, a poet, a historian, a sorcerer, and a craftsman, but was rejected each time as the doorkeeper claimed that the Tuatha de Danann already had someone with that skill. Lugh replied, "But do you have someone who can do all of them at once?"

He was then allowed entrance. During his early years with the Tuatha, Lugh proved his mastery of all arts by winning a flagstone-throwing contest against Ogma, who had previously been the champion, and entertained the court with his harp. At the time, the Tuatha were oppressed under the fist of Fomorian rule, and Lugh was one of the few who spoke out about how meekly they had chosen to accept this. King Nuada wondered if, perhaps, this skillful, outspoken youth would be able to lead them to freedom. With few other options presented, Nuada decided to allow Lugh command of the Tuatha de Danann's fighting forces.

Lugh proved that Nuada's choice was wise, as he avenged the death of his father in a rather cruel manner, showing himself capable of being harsh as well as caring. The sons of Tuireann, his father's killers, were given a series of seemingly impossible quests to retrieve magical items for the Tuatha de Danann. They completed all but the last. As the sons lay dying, Lugh refused them the one item that would save their lives, a magical pigskin capable of curing all wounds.

Many of the magical items gathered by Tuireann's sons were powerful weapons, including the spear Areadbhar. This powerful weapon would later become Lugh's primary symbol of power, akin to Odin's Gungnir or Zeus' Thunderbolt. As well as the items retrieved by Tuireann's sons, Lugh also inherited several treasures from the sea god Manannan mac Lir, most notably his sword Fragarach and his self-sailing ship, Sguaba Tuinne.

With these magical artifacts for himself and many more taken up by the other Tuatha, Lugh lead them into war. It was the second battle of Magh Tuireadh that proved most decisive. Nuada perished in the fighting, struck down by Balor. In the wake of this seeming victory, Balor prepared to open his terrible, cursed eye. Balor's eye had to be covered with seven thick cloaks to stop it from destroying everything he looked upon. As Balor swept each cloak aside, the land grew hot, and warriors of both sides began to make a run for it to avoid being obliterated. Ferns and leaves began to smoke, and the metal of their weapons began to glow red.

All of the Tuatha ran in fear of their deaths, except for Lugh. Staring down his grandfather, the king of the Fomorians, Lugh readied Areadbhar. When Balor began to sweep aside the seventh and final cloak covering his eye, Lugh hurled his spear with all of the strength he could muster. It seemed almost as though time stood still for a moment. And then, Balor fell. Lugh had thrown his spear with such force that Balor's eye was forced out the back of his head, where his own Fomorian army was suddenly forced to bear the full power of it's destructive blast. Lugh was victorious, a hero, and finally fully proven as a worthy king of the Tuatha de Danann.

His later life was peaceful, though he did still participate in his fair share of wars and battles. Lugh instituted an event similar to the olympic games in honor of his foster mother, an event that also celebrated his triumph against the spirits of the Otherworld, who had attempted to steal the harvest for themselves. But then, members of the Tuatha began to fall. They were meant to be immortal beings, impossible to truly kill. But they began to fall all the same to a mysterious being known only as The Slayer.

Lugh was forced into a retreat, and now, the Tuatha de Danann lay hidden in secret, as all pantheons do.

Additional Info: The Gallaghers live in a large, modern home with a gorgeous view of the Willamette. Lugh owns a boat called Wave-Sweeper (Sguaba Tuinne), and an aging Irish Setter named Failinis. (Says that the dog already had the name before he owned him.) Due to his Fomorian ancestry, Lugh's true appearance has a slightly monstrous bent to it. He can, of course, utilize magic to disguise this, but that shown is his truest form.

Obligatory Vindictus Theme
Last edited by Okayanos on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 pm

god: Zeus, God of the Sky and Thunder, former God of the Olympians
Name: Leo Anagnos

Relation to Leader of Pantheon I Am the Leader of the Pantheon

Human Form

True Form

Personality: Zeus is naturally angry, suppressing his anger with alcohol. He's not a very pleasant person to work with or talk to, resorting to profanity and fighting rather then speaking.

Bio: Zeus was the youngest son of the Titans Cronus and Rhea. When he was born, his father Cronus intended to swallow him as he had all of Zeus's siblings: Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter and Hera. Zeus was raised by a nymph named Amalthea. Since Saturn (Cronus) ruled over the Earth, the heavens and the sea, she hid him by dangling him on a rope from a tree so he was suspended between earth, sea and sky and thus, invisible to his father. After reaching manhood, Zeus forced Cronus to disgorge first the stone (which was set down at Pytho under the glens of Parnassus to be a sign to mortal men, the Omphalos) then his siblings in reverse order of swallowing.

As a token of their appreciation, the Cyclopes gave him thunder and the thunderbolt, which had previously been hidden by Gaia. Together, Zeus, his brothers and sisters, Hecatonchires and Cyclopes overthrew Cronus and the other Titans, in the combat called the Titanomachy. The defeated Titans were then cast into a shadowy underworld region known as Tartarus. Atlas, one of the titans who fought against Zeus, was punished by having to hold up the sky.

After the battle with the Titans, Zeus shared the world with his elder brothers, Poseidon and Hades, by drawing lots: Zeus got the sky and air, Poseidon the waters, and Hades the world of the dead (the underworld). The ancient Earth, Gaia, could not be claimed; she was left to all three, each according to their capabilities, which explains why Poseidon was the "earth-shaker" (the god of earthquakes) and Hades claimed the humans who died.

Gaia resented the way Zeus had treated the Titans, because they were her children. Soon after taking the throne as king of the gods, Zeus had to fight some of Gaia's other children, the monsters Typhon and Echidna. He vanquished Typhon and trapped him under Mount Etna, but left Echidna and her children alive.

Zeus was brother and consort of Hera. By Hera, Zeus sired Ares, Hebe and Hephaestus. Some also include Eileithyia, Eris, Enyo and Angelos as their daughters. In the section of the Iliad known to scholars as the Deception of Zeus, the two of them are described as having begun their sexual relationship without their parents knowing about it. The conquests of Zeus among nymphs and the mythic mortal progenitors of Hellenic dynasties are famous. Olympian mythography credit him with unions with Leto, Demeter, Metis, Themis, Eurynome and Mnemosyne. Other relationships with immortals included Dione and Maia. Among mortals were Semele, Io, Europa and Leda and with the young Ganymede (although he was mortal Zeus granted him eternal youth and immortality).

Many myths render Hera as jealous of his amorous conquests and a consistent enemy of Zeus's mistresses and their children by him. For a time, a nymph named Echo had the job of distracting Hera from his affairs by talking incessantly, and when Hera discovered the deception, she cursed Echo to repeat the words of others.

When the Slayer came for Olympus, Zeus mustered all Olympus against him. Riding alongside Ares, Zeus battled the Slayer. Watching his fellow Olympians struggle against a power so great, greater than anything Olympus could muster, Zeus ordered them to flee, save their own lives. They abandoned Olympus, leaving it for the Slayer. Ever since, Zeus has been living with mortals, apart from the remaining gods.

Since his exodus to Earth, he has taken to living with the other Olympians in a city called Portland.
Last edited by Futrellia on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:37 am, edited 5 times in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Ah I remember this I see Ares is reserved so I will choose a new god I guess. App up soon so considered this a tag.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 pm

What pantheons are the common ones, since I assume that those will be the different "factions" we'd be more likely to interact with?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 pm

god: Poseidon
Name: Owen Anagnos

Relation to Leader of Pantheon Brother

Human Form

True Form

Personality: Poseidon personality is like the sea. Most of the time he is gentle and helpful like the seas when they are calm but if angered he is like the sea when it is stormy angry and destructive.

Bio:Poseidon was the second son of titans Cronus and Rhea like most of his siblings he was swallowed at birth by Cronus. After being freed by Zeus and gaining weapons from the cyclops he helped to defeat the titan and send them into Tartarus. After the titans were beaten Poseidon got control of the sea.

He courted the nymph Amphitrite and had three children named Nereus, Doris, and Triton. He also fathered a couple of notable heroes like Theseus. He while not as much as his brother Zeus did pursue multiple other women over his existence.

When the slayer came he and the other Olympians charge to battle him and were outmatched. Zeus ordered them to flee and Poseidon did and is now currently living in Portland along with the other gods.
Last edited by Andsed on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Bentus wrote:What pantheons are the common ones, since I assume that those will be the different "factions" we'd be more likely to interact with?

Any of the pagan pantheons: Norse, Egyptian, Grco-Roman, Slavic, Celtic, etc
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:28 pm

Tag Perun
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:49 pm

Reserve Loki
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Reserved Tyr
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

WIP

Postby Chewion » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:03 pm

god:Loki
Name:
Alexander Jørgensen

Relation to Leader of Pantheon Second born Son.

Human Form

True Form

Personality:
Mischievious and a trickster, Loki loves messing with mortals in various ways.

Works for Odin as head of sales.

Bio: WIP
Last edited by Chewion on Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 am

Okayanos wrote:
god: Lugh Lamhfada

Accepted

Futrellia wrote:
god: Zeus, God of the Sky and Thunder, former God of the Olympians
Name: Leo Vanderbilt

Would you consider a more Greek/Roman surname, and I HIGHLY recommend starting with the other gods from your pantheon as a 'family' in Portland. All the action will take place there, and it can be assumed that you've been there awhile

Andsed wrote:
Name: Owen Vanderbilt

Same as Zeus, might want a more greek surname (but go with what Futrellia chooses for Zeus, please) And you should be starting in Portland with the rest of the Greko-Roman pantheon.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 am

god: Odin, Allfather, The Wanderer
Name: Arild Jørgensen

Relation to Leader of Pantheon Is

Human Form

True Form

Personality: Calm, collected, and pragmatic. Odin keeps a level head under pressure but eternally plots to extreme ends to keep his family safe. When it comes time to fight, he attacks with swiftness and fury. He can come off as charismatic while still maintaining an air of arrogance, leaving no doubt that he is the one in charge of the situation. A master manipulator, Odin is as dangerous with his mouth and pen as he is with sword and spear. Odin has not forgotten his rightful place as the ruler of Asgard, and carries himself with the authority of a king.

Bio: The fall of Asgard was the single greatest defeat of Odin's rule, and he never forgot the image of the Slayer tearing its way through his people, his friends, his family. The All-father swore revenge, but all seemed lost. For all his knowledge, Odin could not outsmart or overpower the Slayer, the only option was to run. Using his power, Odin managed to cloak the remaining Æsir, giving them human forms to hide their power from the Slayer. Still, with the demon on their tail, Odin led them from country to country, never staying in place for more than a few decades. But in their time of exile, the Hrafnagud hatched a plan to kill the bane of the gods once and for all. After a century of searching, Odin finally tracked what he believes to be the last existing Heaven Gate to Portland, Oregon. Using his knack for deceit and manipulation, he quickly built a small empire in the brewery business, providing a believable life for the Norse gods, as well as trying to match their comfort in the mortal plan to that of Asgard as much as one could.

Now he plots against the other Pantheons, who were drawn to the same source of power he was, a blessing in disguise...

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:27 am

If we want to use an Egyptian deity is there a way you’d like us to approach the mythology? Given that during different periods/dynasties/Kingdoms some gods and goddesses had different roles, forms, and prominence (or lack thereof). For example, could I use Amon-Ra? Or should we keep those two split apart? This also affects who the “head of the pantheon” is.
Last edited by Saint Ryvern on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:02 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Andsed wrote:
Name: Owen Vanderbilt

Same as Zeus, might want a more greek surname (but go with what Futrellia chooses for Zeus, please) And you should be starting in Portland with the rest of the Greko-Roman pantheon.

Ok for the Portland part I did edit that he is there and as for the last name well Futrellia has not edited his yet so for now I changed it Agostini since that is what we used last time for greek and roman gods. I will change it to whatever Futrellia dose when he changes his app.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:39 am

Corrected.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:41 am

Zeus and Poseidon are accepted (don't forget about the name, Andsed)

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Zeus and Poseidon are accepted (don't forget about the name, Andsed)

Already changed it to match Zeus´s name.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:15 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:If we want to use an Egyptian deity is there a way you’d like us to approach the mythology? Given that during different periods/dynasties/Kingdoms some gods and goddesses had different roles, forms, and prominence (or lack thereof). For example, could I use Amon-Ra? Or should we keep those two split apart? This also affects who the “head of the pantheon” is.

We can bend the Myth however we like. Due to the nature of legends changing though the years, we can make it match what we need.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:09 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:If we want to use an Egyptian deity is there a way you’d like us to approach the mythology? Given that during different periods/dynasties/Kingdoms some gods and goddesses had different roles, forms, and prominence (or lack thereof). For example, could I use Amon-Ra? Or should we keep those two split apart? This also affects who the “head of the pantheon” is.

We can bend the Myth however we like. Due to the nature of legends changing though the years, we can make it match what we need.

Wonderful. I’m going app as Thoth, whose relationship with the head of the pantheon depends on which tradition we go with. I’ll just assume Ra unless someone applies as Osiris.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:48 am

WIP App

god: Humbaba (I'm stretching the definition of "god" a little, admittedly.)
Name: Cedric Humble (Usually goes by "Mr. Humble".)

Relation to Leader of Pantheon Adopted son of former head of pantheon, Enlil. Lives on his own now. (I doubt anyone is going to make another Mesopotamian mythology app.)

Human Form
Mr. Humble is a tall clean-shaven man, with a layer of fat disguising powerful muscles, and ethnically vaguely Middle-Eastern. His skin is brownish-red, his face is covered in an endless fractal of wrinkles, and he has a small tuft of white hair on the top of his head. As a result, his face looks a little bit like a berry that has been left out in the sun too long. He has a seemingly endless supply of bark-brown suits and bright green ties, which are all he wears. He smells a little like one of those pine tree air fresheners people put in their cars.

True Form
Humbaba is a giant skinless man, more than thirty meters in height. Instead of a head, numerous tendrils resembling human entrails emerge from his neck. These tendrils will organize themselves to resemble a face whenever it is necessary for him to communicate. His feet resemble bird talons, his hands are claws, and he has two tails, one slightly above the other, that terminate in snake heads. He exudes a heavy aroma of cedar resin.

Personality: Something of a cynic and a loner, owing to his historically unfriendly relationship with humanity and the death of the rest of the Mesopotamian myths. An avowed environmentalist who prefers the company of trees over animals, animals over gods, and gods over humans. His first response to any conflict is violence, though he has mellowed out considerably over the millennia and consciously tries to overcome his rage issues.

Bio:
Signatures are so 2014.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

well, he's not exactly a member of a 'pantheon'.

If you run him you're basically shooting yourself in the foot.

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:32 am

I'm showing up, so, I guess, reserve Hephaestus.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse