NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Aurora (OOC|Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Fallout: Aurora (OOC|Closed)

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

March 22nd 2289. The American Wasteland is in a state of change. The Legion is in squabbling pieces, the Midwest is under the banner of Fascist overlords, Washington DC is an inhospitable desert, Boston is slowly becoming a republic, Vegas is independent, and the NCR directs it's bulk north in expansionist greed.

Only the last is relevant to this story.

As the NCR pushes north, so do it's policies: Taxation, Elections, Bureaucracy, and Law. For most this is a simple and welcomed change, to others, it's an end to their way of life. With no skills beyond that of stealing, pillaging, or extorting. Those who follow the banner only of those stronger than them are being pushed on a mass exodus further north on the I-5. Raiders, Slavers, Con-Artists, and general ne'er-do-wells are all pushing north in hopes of meeting a new region to set up shop and call home, to harass and extort to their pleasure, at least until they're pushed out again. Taking a road to yet another collection of settlements and tribes to leech off of like the refuse of humanity they are.

Yet the road they are on is about to reach it's end.

For in the Aurora region -so called due to the unnatural auroras brought forth by the radioactive hole of Seattle- there are already issues at hand. The 'urban' areas are embroiled in war between dozens of raider gangs, while settlements of farmers, tinkerers, and traders are caught in between. Outside the city, lay the remains and descendants of the first nations of the region, reformed after the fall of the 'civilized men'. Hundreds of years of history threatens to fall as a result of tribal differences and webs of alliances. All the while a single band in a single towers has a plan for war, because war...

War Never Changes

0. The rulings of OP and Co-OPs are final.
1. Basic RPing etiquette applies here, no metagaming, no godmodding, generally nothing that isn't acceptable on site.
2. Don't be a knobhead. RP your characters however you want, just keep such behavious in the IC.
3. Treat your posts like a CV, proper grammar and spelling are expected, and don't plaster it with italics and technicolor words, it's an eyesore and a possible health hazard.
4. OP reserves the right to kill your characters. You reserve the right not to complain about it.
5. OP reserves the right to deny applications for any reason.
6. Poor English skills are grounds for app denial/general removal. I should not have to TG you to find out what you meant in your IC posts.
7. Have fun!

• Characters are required to have come from Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, California, or Nevada.
  • You can either start with 40 points for SPECIAL or ask me to roll you a number between 30-50. If you get below 40, you must use the roll allotted to you.
  • Images must be below 400x400 pixels.
  • SPECIAL caps out at 10. Skills cap at 100. Caps can be broken via perks, mutations, or challenges.
  • Bios are not required, but if you are not usually involved in my threads it may be wise to write a short (2 paragraph) one anyway for a gauging of your writing ability and understanding of Fallout Lore.
  • You may start with 2 Mutations, of which the SPECIAL penalties will be determined on the chart they were found.

Code: Select all
[floatright][img]ImageGoesHere[/img][/floatright]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] (Things not obvious in your character photo, like height, weight, tattoos, etc.
[b]Birthplace:[/b] (Where they were born)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (What their job was before joining the exodus)
[b]Level:[/b] 1
[b]EXP:[/b] 0/200
[b]SPECIAL[/b]
[list][*][u]S:[/u]
[*][u]P:[/u]
[*][u]E:[/u]
[*][u]C:[/u]
[*][u]I:[/u]
[*][u]A:[/u]
[*][u]L:[/u]
[/list]
[b]Skills:[/b] (All skills are dictated by SPECIAL and this equation: 2+(2xStat) + (Luck/2). Plus another 15 points for Tag skills. For every point of Intelligence you add 1/2 of the INT score to the 10 skill points gained on leveling up)
[list][*]
[*][u]Barter:[/u] (2+(2xCharisma) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Energy Weapons:[/u] (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Explosives:[/u] (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Guns:[/u] (2+(2xAgility) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Lockpick:[/u] (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Medicine:[/u] (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Melee Weapons:[/u] (2+(2xStrength) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Repair:[/u] (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Science:[/u] (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Sneak:[/u] (2+(2xAgility) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Speech:[/u] (2+(2xCharisma) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Survival:[/u] (2+(2xEndurance) + (Luck/2))
[*][u]Unarmed:[/u] (2+(2xEndurance) + (Luck/2))
[/list]
[b]Perks:[/b] (At level 1 you shouldn't have any, simply put N/A here for the moment. Add your trait when given.)
[list][*]N/A[/list]
[b]Equipment:[/b] (To be Filled out later)
[list][*][/list]
[b]Biography:[/b]  (OPTIONAL)
[i][u][color=#FF0000]Do Not Remove: 2299[/color][/u][/i]

Last edited by Anowa on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 am, edited 10 times in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:14 pm

reserved
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Tagging since I was invited and am interested, but unsure about the app as of now.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Name: Randall "Carver" Voss
Physical Description:
    Carver is average in height, standing at 5'8" (173cm) and weighing approximately 163 pounds (74kg). Messy, unkempt hair is a dark, muddy brown; eyes are hazel. Doesn't shave regularly. Despite an extensive career running with the Jackdaw Gang, and having taken part in many raids, scraps, and drunken brawls, Carver has only a few indistinguishable scars that easily go unnoticed. Reasonably athletic. Blood type is AB-Negative.
Birthplace: Spokane, Washington
Level: 1
EXP: 0 / 200
SPECIAL
    STR: 5 | PER: 4 | END: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 6 | AGI: 5 | LCK: 7
Skills: Lockpick, Guns, Speech
  • Barter: 20
  • Energy Weapons: 14
  • Explosives: 14
  • Guns: 31
  • Lockpick: 29
  • Medicine: 18
  • Melee Weapons: 16
  • Repair: 18
  • Science: 18
  • Sneak: 16
  • Speech: 35
  • Survival: 16
  • Unarmed: 16

Perks:
    00: Semi-Scrupulous (Good Karma is harder to obtain; Faction Reputation grows faster.)
Other:
  • N/A
Equipment:
WEAPONS
APPAREL
AID
MISC.
AMMO
• N/A• Winter Hat
• Winter Jacket
• N/A• N/A• N/A

Biography:
    WiP

Do Not Remove: 2299

Name: Nona Yi
Physical Description:
    Despite a lifetime of malnourishment, Nona is rather tall for her age, standing at 5'1" (155cm) but weighing an insignificant 86 pounds (39kg). Charcoal hair is messy; eyes are a light brown. Ungracefully thin and lanky. Heritage is Chinese-American. Has a number of faded scars on her arms, hands, shoulders, legs, and back from various punishments and mishaps. Due to genetic mutation (most likely attributed to residual background radiation) the girl's teeth are sharper than normal, noticeably so, leading to a preference for a carnivorous diet. Blood type is O-Positive.
Birthplace: Ash, Oregon, NCR
EXP: 0 / 200
SPECIAL
    STR: 2 | PER: 6 | END: 6 | CHA: 4 | INT: 4 | AGI: 8 | LCK: 2
Skills: Melee, Sneak, Survival
  • Barter: 11
  • Energy Weapons: 15
  • Explosives: 15
  • Guns: 19
  • Lockpick: 15
  • Medicine: 11
  • Melee Weapons: 22
  • Repair: 11
  • Science: 11
  • Sneak: 34
  • Speech: 11
  • Survival: 30
  • Unarmed: 15

Perks:
    00: Shattered Glass (Less likely to suffer a mental breakdown, but breakdowns are significantly worse.)
Other:
  • MUTATION!
    • Sharp Teeth
Equipment:
WEAPONS
APPAREL
AID
MISC.
AMMO
• N/A• Bandana, Yellow
• Black-Rimmed Eyeglasses
• Dog Collar, Grey
• Hooded Rags
• Ushanka Hat
• N/A• N/A• N/A

Biography:
    Nona Yi was born in Ash, Oregon, (formerly Ashland, Oregon), a small settlement of maybe forty people located in the northern fringe of NCR territory. The youngest child of two farmers, her early-childhood could best be described as "simple" despite the many difficulties of life post-Great War, however, in 2284, when Nona was only 7 years-old, the village was threatened by an opportunistic gang of raiders, headed by the sadistic Sawbones. The NCR had pledged to protect its citizens, but help never came, and the village was razed in an orgy of violence. Many were killed in indiscriminate slaughter, and those who survived were taken in chains as slaves. Nona, having lost her entire family, was claimed by Sawbones, abused and beaten, conditioned to be subservient; it was a harrowing experience that made extensive use of starvation, isolation, and the forced usage of chems, Jet and Psycho being a favorite of the fiendish raiders. Nona would endure two long years as nothing more than a plaything, to be tortured and broken and hurt on a whim, but, upon heading norther, towards Portland, Sawbones would come into conflict with the Jackdaw Gang. It was not a cordial affair. The raiders were killed, and Nona passed into the possession of Carver.

Although still technically a slave, Nona would find life with the Jackdaw Gang to be vastly more agreeable than her previous situation. Carver was harsh in his expectations and punishments, perhaps cruel at times, but he offered a much needed sense of protection, going so far as to kill one of his own for attempting to "misuse" the girl. She latched onto the man as if he were a life preserver and she adrift in the great ocean. Safety was a rare commodity in the wasteland, and with Carver as her master the girl was nigh untouchable, as if vaccinated against the disease of human savagery. Nona — quite possibly having developed Stockholm Syndrome — would prove herself to be Carver's most loyal follower if not his most fanatical.

Her previous life in the NCR was but a half-forgotten dream, faded and unknowable, and Nona, exposed daily to bloody, gratuitous violence, would succumb to the degeneracy of the raider gang until she, too, was no better than those around her, a spiraling descent made all the worse by an emerging chem addiction that was ironically a "cure" to subdue her chaotic mania. The point-of-no-return would be the murder of a NCR trooper who was captured mere weeks before the Battle of I-5. Nona was tasked with killing the man (who'd been tortured) which she happily obliged without question or hesitation. Afterwards, his dog tags were gifted to her by Carver. She was a raider now in everything but name.

When the Jackdaw Gang fell apart weeks later, Nona would follow Carver north into Washington and beyond towards Canada, fleeing NCR expansion. Fanatically loyal to the man, Nona was happy to go wherever he saw fit, striving to please him with a job well done.

Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:23 pm

Tag
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:24 am

Name: Riggs Sand
Physical Description: 6f2in, weighs in at 90kg, bears numerous scars across his chest and back
Birthplace: Shady Sands
EXP: 0/200
SPECIAL
  • S: 6
  • P: 5
  • E: 8
  • C: 1
  • I: 7
  • A: 4
  • L: 9
Skills: Energy Weapons, Medicine, Unarmed
  • Barter: 9
  • Energy Weapons: 32
  • Explosives: 17
  • Guns: 15
  • Lockpick: 17
  • Medicine: 36
  • Melee Weapons: 19
  • Repair: 21
  • Science: 21
  • Sneak: 15
  • Speech: 9
  • Survival: 23
  • Unarmed: 38
Perks:
  • Left Wanting: Where you are left wanting a society of the hardened and actionable, people are left wanting... sound. Your lack of conversational action has left factions cautious, merchants unnerved, and enemies ignorant. Faction rep is gained slower, barter is offset by -50, and hostiles almost always lose track of you in a fight.
Equipment:
  • N/A
Biography: In a previous life, one where Sand was the family name for one of the brahmin barons who dominated the politics of the NCR, Riggs was a soldier. In his heart he had been a soldier for his entire life, fighting the War. As a youth the citizen from Shady Sands was taken in by the lifestyle of the army, men and women who stood tall above the masses. Tales from his uncles, of the good fight to save the people of the wasteland, only strengthened his desire to see himself counted among their number. He enlisted, hoping to find that the ideology which drove him burned fierce in his new-made comrades.

The disappointment was instant.

Instead of warriors, of a class of men above the rest, he found cowards. For Riggs, then and now, it was the only description that could explain it away. They feared exercise. They considered desertion before deployment. They cried in firefights. Alcohol and prostitution remained the only things that he could use to keep the men in line on tour, and when it came to the battle over New Vegas, Riggs began to fear that he was going to die because his comrades had fled their posts.

He endured for years, promised by the generals and politicians that his courage would spark a rebirth in the nation. So it was that he remained, in the army and in the Mojave, fighting bandits and a failing campaign in equal measure. Until the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

The battle itself shattered whatever fragile hope he had for the integrity of the NCR. Instead of a victory, of any victory, Riggs found himself on the losing side. Defeated by politicians, by tribals, by a courier. They had defeated Caesar. Crushed his army. And in payment Shady Sands was to give them nothing. So he joined the thousands pouring west, returning to a home that labelled them cowards.

Riggs was no coward.

The NCR had betrayed him, had betrayed the ideals that it claimed to represent. So he did the only thing he could: he left. Home was not a place of decay, of lies and treachery. To survive he rotated between caravan guard and bounty hunter and raider, separating himself from the image he had once upheld. As a drifter he learned from elders who knew of libraries of knowledge. As a wanderer he experienced what life could be without the shadow of the NCR over his head. And over the years his views solidified into iron purpose. Here, beyond the NCR, was soil fertile for humanity to thrive the way it was meant to. Here was where the weak and cowardly would not destroy hope. When at last he heard of the tendrils of the NCR groping at his paradise, dripping poison into the oasis to make the land weak and obedient, it stirred up rage.

A deathclaw did not bow to the molerat, and he would not bow to a government of the weak.
Last edited by Jhet on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:38 pm

Jhet wrote:...

Just an FYI but stat dumping is frowned upon and with 1 Charisma you'd be expected to RP someone with as much social skill as a potato, if you could even talk coherently.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Just an FYI but stat dumping is frowned upon and with 1 Charisma you'd be expected to RP someone with as much social skill as a potato, if you could even talk coherently.

I was hoping to communicate with grunts, or go pure mute.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Somewhat surprised I wasn’t invited as a pub member, Anowa. Nah just kidding.

Anyway, are you still doing NCR Rangers or is that scrapped? If you are I can offer my services as a controlled Ranger, help avoid the messiness of the last RP. If not I can just write up a non-NCR character.

If you’re interested or have concerns feel free to dm me on discord Anowa.

Edit: Also if you’d rather I stay away from this rp considering my performance in the last one also dm me that. But I’d like to make amends.
Last edited by Independent States of Tula on Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Somewhat surprised I wasn’t invited as a pub member, Anowa. Nah just kidding.

Anyway, are you still doing NCR Rangers or is that scrapped? If you are I can offer my services as a controlled Ranger, help avoid the messiness of the last RP. If not I can just write up a non-NCR character.

If you’re interested or have concerns feel free to dm me on discord Anowa.

Edit: Also if you’d rather I stay away from this rp considering my performance in the last one also dm me that. But I’d like to make amends.

Really the only two people I had issue with last time were the other two NCR characters. One because of a mild attempt at derailing every turn, and the other due to a complete lack of activity. You were fine. However, keep in mind that any NCR character you app with will likely be treated with significant suspicion. That being said if you want to roll with a Ranger, go ahead. But keep in mind that the beginning of the RP will result in everything but the clothes on your back being stripped from you.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:29 am

I may enlist into the RP. :)
I'm a Muslim. I like to collect medals from across the world (military or civilian. I like the design of some medallions and in general, the ribbon designs and choices.)

My storefronts -
GAHA MEDALS AND WEAPONS DESIGN
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=431325
Number one contractor of medals for your nation!
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=435258
The only active pharmaceutical company in Nationstates and also the only one that uses original drawings.
CLICK ME!
About me:
This nation represents my political views in real life, however. It is more monarchy.

My political compass:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=0.88&soc=4.46

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am

Name: Alexander Drummond
Physical Description: 6 Feet 2 Inches, 210 Ibs,
Birthplace: Shady Sands, NCR
SPECIAL
  • S: 5
  • P: 5
  • E: 5
  • C: 7
  • I: 8
  • A: 7
  • L: 3
Skills: 14 Points Per Level
  • Barter: 17
  • Energy Weapons: 13
  • Explosives: 13
  • Guns: 32 (TAGGED)
  • Lockpick: 13
  • Medicine: 34 (TAGGED)
  • Melee Weapons: 13
  • Repair: 19
  • Science: 19
  • Sneak: 17
  • Speech: 32 (TAGGED)
  • Survival: 13
  • Unarmed: 13
Perks:
  • Will To Live
Equipment:
WEAPONS
APPAREL
AID
MISC.
AMMO
• 1x Scoped 1903 Springfield Rifle (To Be Removed)
• 1x M1911A1 Colt Pistol (To Be Removed)
• 1x NCR Issue Combat Knife (To Be Removed)
NCR Ranger Hat
NCR Ranger Patrol Armor
• 2x Stimpacks (To Be Removed)
• 2x RadAway (To Be Removed)
• 2x RadX (To Be Removed)
• 1x Month's Worth of NCR Hardtack (To Be Removed to Ranger's Delight)
• 1x Full Canteen of Purified Water (To Be Removed)
• 1x Pair of Binoculars (To Be Removed)• 10x 5rd Clips of .30-06 FMJ Rounds (To Be Removed)
• 3x 7rd Magazines of .45 ACP FMJ Rounds (To Be Removed)

Biography: Alexander Drummond was born to James and Kayla Drummond in 2260 and grew up in relative comfort alongside a younger sister Lia and an older brother Harold. His parents were small-time merchants who ran caravan routes throughout the NCR via their small family-owned business named the "Drummond Caravan Service". The Drummonds made a decent living in the capitol of the NCR, selling their wares which ranged from exotic energy weapons to common scrap across the growing nation to various clients both large and small. Their diversification of product and their willingness to reject bids sought after by larger groups like the Crimson Caravan or Gun Runners kept the Drummonds safe from hostile takeover or petty squabbling with bigger competitors who were no strangers to using underhanded tactics to remove their rivals, allowing their business to mostly avoid the ire of these ever-growing monoliths of NCR society. This careful tightrope act allowed them to make decent caps (later NCR Dollars), enough to have Alexander schooled privately and enough to give him all the necessities and even a little more.

As he grew up Alexander found himself growing increasingly patriotic, admiring figures like President Tandi, Ranger Seth, and his older brother Harold who had joined the Army in 2273. Alexander would constantly listen to the news over the radio of new NCR conquests from the North, South, and East as the NCR spread civilization to new and far reaching places that had only known tribalism and barbarity for so long. At school Alexander found himself echoing these patriotic messages in speeches and presentations, he joined clubs and organizations which helped raise funds and supplies to send to the troops, he participated in marches to spread awareness for Veteran's causes and finally in 2276 he signed his name on the dotted line and joined the NCR Army at the age of majority (16). By doing this Alexander had defied his parents who had originally supported his patriotic opinions and actions, but had grown increasingly worried at the prospect of him joining the armed forces like their first son, Harold, had. Harold had been part of the group which had discovered the Hoover Dam and New Vegas in 2274, had been there for the establishment of Camp McCarran in 2275, and had died earlier in the year in 2276 during Operation Sunburst, the NCR's attack on HELIOS One.

Ignoring his Family's pleas Alexander joined the same year his older brother passed, in response Alexander's family scorned him, cutting all communication between them...even Lia who had idolized her older brother would not respond to his letters, or perhaps never even received them, Alexander does not know which is the case. After training, in which he received fairly high marks, Alexander was posted at the Dam in the Mojave. The next year, 2277, the First Battle of Hoover Dam takes place and Alexander gets his first taste of combat. It is here where he unluckily receives the ever-lasting scar on his face from a Legionary who got too close during the NCR retreat towards Boulder. However, for Alexander it was not this wound or his retreat from the Dam that would leave a lasting mark on his psyche but rather his stand at Boulder.

As the NCR retreated their engineers, rangers, and recon units rigged the city of Boulder to explode but this would take time. Little spoken of is of the units of the NCR who halted their retreat at the city for long enough to give the engineers the time necessary to set their charges. Alexander's Lieutenant would see to it that his Platoon would be one of the units who held off the Legion for long enough and at high cost for that time. Blood blinding one eye, staining his uniform, and making him weak from its loss Alexander nevertheless held the line alongside his platoon, refusing to retreat until ordered to. Out of forty troopers only twelve would leave Boulder alive as they drew the Legion into the trap after their valiant defense.

The Lieutenant would receive honors back home for his actions, and Alexander received a personal citation for bravery for his own actions alongside the remaining survivors. When he sent the citation back home with a picture of him and his platoon after the battle, bloodied and tired but alive, Alexander received no word back from his family. Immediately after the battle, Alexander was sent to McCarran to heal and rest before being stationed to Camp Willow just in time for the Battle of Willow Beach, once more Alexander would escape with his life after battling Legion forces valiantly but unlike before victory could not be snatched from the jaws of defeat. Alexander was subsequently repositioned to the Dam once more as the NCR was pushed off the eastern banks of the Colorado. In 2279 Alexander's actions at the Dam, Willow Beach, and several actions against Legion raiding parties had gained the attention of the Rangers who offered to recruit him if he could pass selection.

Alexander accepted, passed selection that year, and became a ranger operating within the Mojave out of Camp Golf. Performing several classified operations East of the Colorado in 2280 Alexander continued to prove himself as a capable fighter and a rising rifleman though it was noted that on several occasions he seemed to simply run into bad luck during operations against the Legion from things as small as stepping on loose piece of ground on a cliff-edge to accidently turning corners into Legion guardsmen. Despite these instances of bad luck Alexander was still called upon to serve his nation and so in 2281 when the Legion attacked the Dam a second time he responded and saw final victory against the Legion...shortly before a disgraceful retreat from the Courier's robot army. Since then for the last eight years Alexander has been positioned amongst the NCR's northern front, acting as a scout, first-contact diplomat, and any other job required of an experienced Ranger. During these years Alexander has continued to steadfastly serve the NCR, bringing the light of civilization further North to lost towns and tribes and torching raiders, slavers, and barbarians...just like those radio programs he once listened to so long ago.

As he continues North at the NCR's behest however, Alexander is slowly but surely understanding one thing. Though the foes may change, though the methods used may adapt and evolve, because War...War never changes.
Last edited by Independent States of Tula on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Name:Cole Parson
Physical Description: 5"10', 190lbs, grey eyes
Birthplace: Shady Sands
  • Captain (RET), First Reconnaissance Battalion, NCR Army. (Former)
  • Bounty Hunter/Vigilante
EXP: 0/1700
SPECIAL
  • S: 6
  • P: 9
  • E: 7
  • C: 4
  • I: 5
  • A: 5
  • L: 4
Skills: +12.5 skill points upon level up
  • Barter: 17
  • Energy Weapons: 22
  • Explosives: 22
  • Guns: 40[!]
  • Lockpick: 22
  • Medicine: 30
  • Melee Weapons: 16
  • Repair: 30 [!]
  • Science: 14
  • Sneak: 25
  • Speech: 24
  • Survival: 40[!]
  • Unarmed: 18

Perks:
  • Three Decades of War
  • Lady Killer
  • Gun Nut
  • Awareness
  • Faster Healing
  • Strong Back
Equipment: Combat Armor, duster coat, rattan cowboy hat, brown boots, extra undergarments, 3 days rations, 1 week's worth of water, hunting rifle w/ scope, 28 .308 rounds, .357 revolver, 16 .357 Magnum rounds, bandages, two stimpacks, 18 caps, and a backpack.
Last edited by Tayner on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:19 pm

For now, I will tag this.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Favation
Secretary

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Favation » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Im new, but I love fallout :3

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Name: Randall "Carver" Voss

Trait Added:
Semi-Scrupulous:
Due to your already favourable nature as a Raider, good things are likely a long ways off, but for some reason many raiders in the region already accept you as a person to respect. (Good karma is harder to obtain, but faction reputation climbs faster)

Beiarusia wrote:
Name: Nona Yi

Trait Added:
Shattered Glass:
Eventually, something will break. Be it mind or spirit. But until then your as rock solid as they come, everything will be but another in a long line of challenges on the road to survival. Until something breaks... Something always breaks. (Chance of suffering a mental break is astoundingly less than average... But when you do have a mental break it'll be astoundingly worse.)

Jhet wrote:
Name: Riggs Sand

Trait Added:
Left Wanting:
Where you are left wanting a society of the hardened and actionable, people are left wanting... sound. Your lack of conversational action has left factions cautious, merchants unnerved, and enemies ignorant. (Faction rep is gained slower, barter is offset by -50, and hostiles almost always lose track of you in a fight.)

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Name: Alexander Drummond

Trait Added:
Will to Live:
Survive. That is your purpose. You have a home, people who love you, yet are afraid of being wounded by your loss. Yet connections in your new place of dwelling will be harder to keep because of this. (Whenever an OP rolls against you, three dice are rolled, the best outcome for you is chosen. However faction reputation and personal reputation for NPCs is much, much harder to obtain.)

Tayner wrote:
Name:Cole Parson

Trait Added:
Three Decades of War:
Battle hardened, ready for war, and experienced enough to avoid death at every corner. An ageing mind is not an issue, and in the wasteland, no one survives to your age by being weak. Though with what you've experienced, a path of release is expected. (Gain level up to level 5, along with the skills and perk choices of such. However, all chems, alcohol, and other addictive substances are 300% more addictive, to help forget your past... you monster.)

All are accepted, please add your traits to the perks list.

Also, feel free to drop on by the Discord, link is in the OP.
Last edited by Anowa on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:28 pm

Edited in my perk, however the link to the discord is invalid for me, don’t know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Edited in my perk, however the link to the discord is invalid for me, don’t know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Link should work now.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:40 am

Name: Luke Davis
Age: 31 (Not sure, I'll go into this with my biography.)
Physical Description: 175 pounds, very well physically built. 6'1.
Birthplace: Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
SPECIAL
  • S: 5
  • P: 9
  • E: 7
  • C: 4
  • I: 6
  • L: 7
Skills:
  • Barter: (2+(2xCharisma) + (Luck/2)) - 7
  • Energy Weapons: (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2)) - 34
  • Explosives: (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2)) - 21
  • Guns: (2+(2xAgility) + (Luck/2)) - 23
  • Lockpick: (2+(2xPerception) + (Luck/2)) - 7
  • Medicine: (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2)) - 20
  • Melee Weapons: (2+(2xStrength) + (Luck/2)) - 4
  • Repair: (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2)) - 10
  • Science: (2+(2xIntelligence) + (Luck/2)) - 13
  • Sneak: (2+(2xAgility) + (Luck/2)) - 27
  • Speech: (2+(2xCharisma) + (Luck/2)) - 41
  • Survival: (2+(2xEndurance) + (Luck/2)) - 15
  • Unarmed: (2+(2xEndurance) + (Luck/2)) - 10
Perks:
  • N/A
Equipment:
  • X-02 power armor (Canadian Woodland Camo paintjob)
    Enclave Officer uniform (and coat)
    Urban Plasma Rifle
    3x Stimpaks
    x60 Microfusion cells
Biography: Born in Boston around 2051. He was the son of an affluent American military general who brilliantly led the operations in Anchorage with no resistance from the Red forces. He went to Roosevelt Academy and was an honor student before enlisting into the army himself. Thanks to his fathers high rank and medal of honor status. He was treated with much respect and was adored by others in his company. After an honorable discharge. He settled in the Boston area. Around five days before the Great War. His military service contract was reactivated and he was called into service.

On the day before the Great War. He was sent to Seattle to help a few American officers locate a Chinese signal that had been off the coast of Washington. In the next few hours, Early warning signals showed up and before he knew it, A vertibird was landing in front of the listening post. He was ordered to get on and he promptly got on the Vertibird. The Vertibird took off and proceeded to fly towards a undisclosed Cyrogenics Vault way around Aurora which had cyrogenics and was mainly designed for the people of the Vault. The Vertibird landed as men in power armor hustled toward the Vault Door. They used their interface and knowledge of the Vaults to open the vault door. Utilizing their miniguns and other weaponry to shoot down the vault inhabitants. Upon the completion of this. The prior cyro'd residents were thrown out and killed peacefully through most likely a massive chem overdose. They were then stuffed along with other important people and soldiers into the cyrogenics facility. He spent the two hundred years on ice.

In present times, the Vault remains a symbol of mystery with the cave outside being marked off limits by the local populace due to the mass number of skeletons outside the vault door in vault jumpsuits. Following now Col. Luke Davis's awakening. He was given his orders on what to do and how to proceed about it. The Enclave was shattered greatly and right now, the Vault is the only safe place for them. However, radio indicates there are far more holdouts across the country. The orders are simple for the Colonel. Try to locate an HalluciGen building that had HalluciGen gas canisters and other top-secret projects that the Enclave is interested in. The FEV could be weaponized as an grenade and Col. Davis will lead the Spec. Ops team in retrieving it. The HalluciGen Canadian Branch building is in a seemingly-innocent multistory factory. It'll take some time to locate it.
Last edited by Al-Ghaihr on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a Muslim. I like to collect medals from across the world (military or civilian. I like the design of some medallions and in general, the ribbon designs and choices.)

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
The only active pharmaceutical company in Nationstates and also the only one that uses original drawings.
CLICK ME!
About me:
This nation represents my political views in real life, however. It is more monarchy.

My political compass:

Favation
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Favation » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am

Hope ya'll don't mind another ranger.

Name: Theo Hopkins
Physical Description: Scar on his face and several other scars on his back and chest, 6'4 ft, 220 lb.
Birthplace: Anza Borrego. NCR.
SPECIAL
  • S: 7
  • P: 6
  • E: 8
  • C:4
  • I: 5
  • L: 4
Skills:
  • Guns
  • Survival
  • Unarmed
  • Barter: 12
  • Energy Weapons: 16
  • Explosives: 16
  • Guns: 29*
  • Lockpick: 16
  • Medicine: 14
  • Melee Weapons: 18
  • Repair: 14
  • Science: 14
  • Sneak: 12
  • Speech: 12
  • Survival: 35*
  • Unarmed: 35*
Perks:
    N/A
Equipment: (All will be removed of course)
  • NCR Ranger combat armor set
  • American Assault Rifle with a scope (F3)
  • M1911 pistol
  • 10mm pistol
  • NCR dollars
  • Frag grenades
  • Knuckle duster
  • Stimpacks and other medical supplies
  • Combat Knife
  • Binoculars
  • Rations
Biography: Born to a family of ranchers on the desert of Anza, Theo worked hard to help his Pa and Ma to take care of the farm in his early years. Ever since he was able to pick a tool with his hands he worked hard to maintain the ranch and assist his Pa in all he could. The eldest of 5 brothers he had a lot of owning up to as the first born and the strongest of them all. For many years he harvested crops, took care of the big horners by standing guard on late nights armed with a rifle and ready in case any night stalkers came tried to harm the livestock. His years doing this earned him quite a skill with his rifle.

Eventually, as the NCR began to expand its grasp on the wasteland, more and more young men and women left their homes to fill the NCR military ranks, in order to avoid his little brother Matthias from being drafted as part of the new 1 draft per family order, Theo joined the ranks of the NCR and was quickly shipped to boot camp up north to be deployed at the Mojave. During training, though not the smartest soldiers, Theo proved he was a capable fighter, more so in hand to hand, and that he was quite the survivalist, able to withstand the harshest environments. This gave him the chance to volunteer for the NCR rangers, with the promise of a longer leave and better pay for his ma and pa Theo signed up for the Rangers. He was shipped to Baja and trained into a Ranger for the NCR.

In the years that followed, Theo was part of several incursion as part of being a Ranger, scouting and fighting remains of tribal raiders that had bothered the NCR for years. Soon enough the Legion and the NCR went into open conflict and he was part of the first skirmishes between Legionaries and Rangers and Troopers. He saw firsthand the brutality of war, he was forced to kill his fellow man, not only legionaries but also Fiends, Great Khans, and other stragglers of the wasteland. During the first battle of Hoover Dam he taking part in a scouting mission at the north east when the battle broke out, he and several others Rangers hassled up to get to the battle, and took place in the beating back of the Legion, during the battle he killed a Legionarie with his bare hands during close quarters hand to hand combat, an experienced he would never forget. For a few years he kept on doing scouting missions and other covert missions for the NCR, sometimes at the other side of the Colorado.

As the years went by, Theo kept writing to his family back in Anza and sending his money over. Not spending much since he wanted them to use it to keep the farm afloat. He was barely able to visit back home, the promise of leave and better pay had been nothing but a mere lie to an honest man. Still, Theo served with pride, even after Bitter Springs he somewhat believed the NCR was fighting for the better of everyone, witnessing the atrocities of the Khans before and the Legion moreso, he came to dislike House, at least with what he had come to hear of him, and. After taking part of several operations against the Legions and Raider tribes, he soon rose through the ranks to lance corporal.

Later came the second battle of the Dam, where with the help of a mysterious figure simply known as "The Courier" the NCR was able to persevere over the Legion. Theo served with pride that day, killing many Legionaries and allies of the Legion and aiding the so called Courier at times. He was wounded in action during the later stages of battle, forever scared and damaged from a Legion grenade, still he was able to fight off the Legion with his brothers in arms to the very end until they were gone across the Colorado and running away in defeat, then he crumbled on the ground and was taken to a field hospital back home. He was promoted to the rank of Sergeant 1st class during his hospitalization, Theo could do little as he was immobile, bound to a bed for several months. He kept writing to his family and hearing more news about the NCR's expansion up north, more war likely.

Along with this came the news of the NCR forces being pushed out of the Strip and the Hoover Dam by the same Courier who had fought the Legion, with an army of heavily armed robots there was little the NCR could do. He came to hate the so called Courier after this, even with the treaties done between this so called "Free Economic Zone" and the NCR, Theo had lost friends and blood on that site, on that entire region, the sheer ingratitude and guts from this Courier to kick the NCR out made his blood boil.

Theo was given the Purple Bear Heart for being wounded in action, and later the Blue Star for serving above the call of duty during the battle. He didn't care much for it, he wanted to go back home to his family after so many months. When he was released from the hospital, on clutches and with his medals, he made his way back to the ranch. He spend several weeks trying to recuperate, his siblings had grown up much since he last saw them and all were able to tend the farm. Pa had died some months back, he was glad he could rely on his siblings to take care of ma while he was away. Soon after Theo was given an order to report to his unit for the next assignment. He saw service in the East campaign to push the Legion further out, with their leaders dead they were easy picking and it was a matter of celebration everytime a Legion settlement and town was liberated and people once slaves were running free from the shackles of the now dead Caesar.

Theo was later reassigned to the ever more important Northern campaign led by none other but General Moore, he along other troopers and rangers, some fresh and others more battle hardened arrived to the front lines of a new world filled with green forests and lakes as far as the eye could see, snowy regions and inhospitable landscapes. Theo kept serving in the NCR rangers with commitment as they pushed north, eliminating several raider tribes too weak to fight the NCR and claiming new settlements for the NCR, some open it while many not very friendly to the idea. He took place at the battle for Portland and acquired the rank of Sergeant Major thanks to his contributions at pushing the dominant Raider faction out. He still believes the NCR is the best hope for the wasteland, as he has seen just how evil all these tribes like the Legion, Great Khans, and others up north are. Although he hopes that the NCR can finally win over this new land and hopefully take a breather, he is still ready to keep fighting if his country needs him too, or as long as he lives.

Last edited by Favation on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Is it OK for my character to have power armor training given his background? Also, since camo seems to be on the creation club (Swamp camo)... I'd assume the Enclave is using camo paintjob on it's power armor. I went with a Canadian Woodland camo. Not sure how that'd look, but I'll take a look at some possible choices.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Al-Ghaihr wrote:Is it OK for my character to have power armor training given his background? Also, since camo seems to be on the creation club (Swamp camo)... I'd assume the Enclave is using camo paintjob on it's power armor. I went with a Canadian Woodland camo. Not sure how that'd look, but I'll take a look at some possible choices.

About that actually.

Al-Ghaihr wrote:

As this RP's universe is a melding of bethesda canon as well as a significant amount of AU canon, there are exactly 2 Cryogenic facilities in North America. One is Vault 111, the other is in the Aurora Region, but has lain undiscovered and unrecorded for over 200 years. Making a pre-war character either requires for them to be a ghoul, or a Super-Mutant.

Another not is that in general the Enclave is dead, at least as a feared fighting force. There are a duo of bunkers in the deep south, as well as one in Chicago, but that's it really (at least what I can say without spoilers) so having a presence in Aurora would be unlikely.

Due to the rather hard to ascertain level of worldbuilding outside of the Core Region, it's why I asked for people to have their characters (sans those that don't largely affect anything) come from the Cascades in the OP. With a secondary reason being it's infinitely easier to manage on my end. You're welcome to make an Enclave hold out, from down south, having been pushed north by the encroaching NCR (due to that being the RP's main driving point) just not a Pre-War soldier or one from Boston.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Favation wrote:

Trait Added:
Undying Loyalty:
Don't tread on the Bear! With a mentality of "My country, right or wrong." you will to live to fight for her is your greatest trait. But on the other side, also your worst.(When fatally wounded, the OP will flip a coin, is Heads, you will miraculously survive, though with permanent damage. Tails, and you die immediately.)

And with that NCR enlisted apps are closed.
Last edited by Anowa on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Favation
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Favation » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Anowa wrote:
Favation wrote:

Trait Added:
Undying Loyalty:
Don't tread on the Bear! With a mentality of "My country, right or wrong." you will to live to fight for her is your greatest trait. But on the other side, also your worst.(When fatally wounded, the OP will flip a coin, is Heads, you will miraculously survive, though with permanent damage. Tails, and you die immediately.)

And with that NCR enlisted apps are closed.

How fitting, also these traits seem awfully deadly. I like it, raises the odds. :p

Al-Ghaihr
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Ghaihr » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 am

Anowa wrote:
Al-Ghaihr wrote:Is it OK for my character to have power armor training given his background? Also, since camo seems to be on the creation club (Swamp camo)... I'd assume the Enclave is using camo paintjob on it's power armor. I went with a Canadian Woodland camo. Not sure how that'd look, but I'll take a look at some possible choices.

About that actually.

Al-Ghaihr wrote:

As this RP's universe is a melding of bethesda canon as well as a significant amount of AU canon, there are exactly 2 Cryogenic facilities in North America. One is Vault 111, the other is in the Aurora Region, but has lain undiscovered and unrecorded for over 200 years. Making a pre-war character either requires for them to be a ghoul, or a Super-Mutant.

Another not is that in general the Enclave is dead, at least as a feared fighting force. There are a duo of bunkers in the deep south, as well as one in Chicago, but that's it really (at least what I can say without spoilers) so having a presence in Aurora would be unlikely.

Due to the rather hard to ascertain level of worldbuilding outside of the Core Region, it's why I asked for people to have their characters (sans those that don't largely affect anything) come from the Cascades in the OP. With a secondary reason being it's infinitely easier to manage on my end. You're welcome to make an Enclave hold out, from down south, having been pushed north by the encroaching NCR (due to that being the RP's main driving point) just not a Pre-War soldier or one from Boston.

Edited. If that is not satisfactory. I will go with an Enclave hold out being pushed north.

My storefronts -
GAZA PHARMACEUTICALS
CLICK ME!
About me:

My political compass:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse