NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: Forbidden World (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Gamma World: Forbidden World (IC)

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:51 am

OOC Link

Jadgitt steered from slumber and stretched upon yellowed grass yawning. The high sun shinned down upon Higgendsvyll, a slight teal color was upon the horizon; a sign that a storm was coming though if such would reach town was never a certainty. Some smoke rose from from places far beyond the town upon the plains. Another Blackfoot War had started and the town found it's self surrounded by war bands fighting over something primative. Such was the downside of being a bastion of civilization in a vast sea of grass and sparse woodland.

With in the town the militia was recruiting- while not yet involved in the conflict Higgendsvyll had been attacked in the previous Blackfoot War after having given sheltered to the daughter of a local chieftain; a daughter who was to become the concubine of a rival in the name of peace. The town held it's ground with a militia lead by Samuel Hojack three generations ago. Eventually however the daughter gave herself up to spare the town and since then there had been peace in the region.

Now though something has agitated the tribes, and the Blackfoots again have begun some conflict of aggression. Some conversations where being held on the topic of what could have caused the conflict- rumor is that three of the tribes have become Radioactivists and the Blackfoots, fearing an end of the old ways have launched a holy war against the tribes aligned with the Radioactivist doctrine. Others rumors claim that the son of the daughter whom Higgendsvyll had given shelter was born a master of the mind and seeks to carve an Empire in the region. Some claim that both rumors are true to an extent.

Regardless of rumors aggression against foreigners has increased with members of the New Dawn being held up in town. These people are presently trying to recruit a few of the locals to establish a colony along the shores of Lake Kanzaz. With a faction in town seeking to leave they have proven successful though this has lead to a few arrests as old world tech gets destroyed with each recruitment. The Militia and the Mayeer have both been putting pressure on the group- insisting they lay low, wait for the violence to pass, and then be on there way. Leading to an unwelcoming attitude from the town's administration.

Those not seeking to leave with the Seekers are planning their own expedition to find a path to the Northwest which is said to have been spared much of the harm down to the rest of the world. It's considered a fable this story of a land in the northwest where trees grow with trunks the size of flit cars, where water runs clear, and storms do not pass- but some old world records give some credibility to these stories- images of great trees, pamphlets of some kind- and others. it's been enough to build hope.

Jadgitt was to be part of the first Pathfinder group seeking a route to the Northwest where this faction may resettle though his mind was wondering when the town would drop the extra 'l' from it's name, and where Damien was and what he was up to as Jadgitt entered town on all fours as usual.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Sino waked up from his long night sleep just outside of town in the lush soft grass fields. The sky was clear and bright with only a few clouds and a column of smoke from a war far away from the town. But despite the sunny happy day, Sino was stressed about something else. A few weeks ago Sino signed up to become a pathfinder to the clean northwest in hope of better living conditions and less discrimination. But Sino knew the land that laid before the northwest was hostile and unforgiving, he had heard rumors of tornadoes a mile wide, mountains that spit fire, hostile bandits and tribes and parasitic grass. Today was the day that he would set off on the long dangerous journey to the northwest. Sino gets up and heads into town to meet the rest of the group.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 am

The Apothecary was busy as usual. His family was rushing around wildly, gathering gauze and roots an other medicines and the like and prepping them for all the different patients gathered in the lobby. Michael was among the chaos but for a different reason. He was packing different vials into one of the packs his family had given him for his birthday. He ran a mental checklist for what he was bringing. He was sneaking a few of the more expensive medical items his family wouldn't allow him to have. He didn't intend to die because his family was cheap.

Once he was finished he ran out of the shop, grabbing a cloak as he went. He knew how cold the nights could be out of town, freezing wasn't on the agenda either. It might also serve as an emergency bandage, it was made from a foreign hide that naturally kept dangerous bacteria away. He was overthinking it, his cousin had told him that the whole trip wouldn't last a month. He assured Michael that the giant trees and bountiful water was just a few tribes over. He didn't know if he really believed that. Making his way through town and to the rendezvous point he noticed one of the other pathseekers. He came to a stop in front of the person, who he realized was a Jaget. "Hey, are you one of the other pathfinders? Do you know when we'll be heading out?"
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:The Apothecary was busy as usual. His family was rushing around wildly, gathering gauze and roots an other medicines and the like and prepping them for all the different patients gathered in the lobby. Michael was among the chaos but for a different reason. He was packing different vials into one of the packs his family had given him for his birthday. He ran a mental checklist for what he was bringing. He was sneaking a few of the more expensive medical items his family wouldn't allow him to have. He didn't intend to die because his family was cheap.

Once he was finished he ran out of the shop, grabbing a cloak as he went. He knew how cold the nights could be out of town, freezing wasn't on the agenda either. It might also serve as an emergency bandage, it was made from a foreign hide that naturally kept dangerous bacteria away. He was overthinking it, his cousin had told him that the whole trip wouldn't last a month. He assured Michael that the giant trees and bountiful water was just a few tribes over. He didn't know if he really believed that. Making his way through town and to the rendezvous point he noticed one of the other pathseekers. He came to a stop in front of the person, who he realized was a Jaget. "Hey, are you one of the other pathfinders? Do you know when we'll be heading out?"

Jadgitt tilted his head and thought spoke; "I am one of them them yes." He righted his head again looking up at the man before him. Jadgitt sat up upon the ground to be relatively more equal in height- supporting one of his arms by the join and placing the hand of that arm upon his lower jaw in a thoughtful manner, "I believe we'll be departing once the wagon is ready- assuming they found a Rak-oxen (roxen?) to pull it- otherwise we'll be traveling on foot." The thought speak had some sudden insensible twerp like sound to it as the pattern changed, "I take it from the inquiry that you will also be joining," he turned to look behind Michael towards Sino, "us." A grin of sorts came upon the feline's face with some mischievous anticipation.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:The Apothecary was busy as usual. His family was rushing around wildly, gathering gauze and roots an other medicines and the like and prepping them for all the different patients gathered in the lobby. Michael was among the chaos but for a different reason. He was packing different vials into one of the packs his family had given him for his birthday. He ran a mental checklist for what he was bringing. He was sneaking a few of the more expensive medical items his family wouldn't allow him to have. He didn't intend to die because his family was cheap.

Jadgitt tilted his head and thought spoke; "I am one of them them yes." He righted his head again looking up at the man before him. Jadgitt sat up upon the ground to be relatively more equal in height- supporting one of his arms by the join and placing the hand of that arm upon his lower jaw in a thoughtful manner, "I believe we'll be departing once the wagon is ready- assuming they found a Rak-oxen (roxen?) to pull it- otherwise we'll be traveling on foot." The thought speak had some sudden insensible twerp like sound to it as the pattern changed, "I take it from the inquiry that you will also be joining," he turned to look behind Michael towards Sino, "us." A grin of sorts came upon the feline's face with some mischievous anticipation.
Sino steps out from behind Michael. ”Uh yeah us” says Sino who is confused about Jadgitt’s mischievous grin. ”Anyways where is the other pathfinder?” asks Sino who is looking around for the other one.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am

The orphan boy Damian Hojack, now at the cusp of adulthood after nineteen winters recalled his father's lecture on the scent of ozone, that sweet pungent electric zing that could be picked up on with those who honed their nasal sensitivities. He had read from his old manuscripts how the gas was produced from a reaction between atmospheric chemicals and nitric oxide, which was forged from lightning.

Sniffing intently into the morning air he could sense the oncoming storm.

''An omen perhaps?'' he muttered softly, staring at the colorless sky where his monotone eyes traced over the flight path of a flock of birds. They zoomed out the horizon in mass numbers, as if fleeing some unseen adversary and briefly converged below the Higgendsvyll clouds before proceeding ahead where they disappeared beyond the plains.

''Life is so very interesting. I do wonder if that flock is looking for the same promised land. Do they fear the radiation? What compels them to resist and persevere? I do believe it is a will shared by all living things, to go from zero to one. But even zero stands above negative one so what is the highest scale one can rise to?''

Fixing his gaze to the rising sun his eyes squinted as the light dimmed his vision. He had read about how the atmosphere refracted an angle of around 34 arcminutes from the sun's actual position, giving an illusion of sunrise at the horizon while the true sun, not its image, was still 50 arcminutes below said horizon.

One's vision therefore could not be a reliable factor in discerning truth.

''In my dreams I see the world differently, but in reality I remain blind to the colors the world reflects from your light. But oh how you stand above us all, the supreme master of all life that depends upon your shining grace. You are the one above all in its hierarchy, unsurpassed and absolute. Even I cannot overcome your will but I will have you acknowledge me from your throne.''

He unsheathed a knife and approached a half-conscious grizzly that let out a low groan as it struggled to free its right hind leg from a metal clasp that trapped it in place. Damian eyed its suffering with glee, watching the crippled predator slowly bleed out as it tried desperately to escape its impending doom. Did it fear death to its very bones and use every ounce of strength and vigor to stay alive or was it all just mindless instinct that was automated when the body felt threatened?

''Do you have a will to stand over your own prey in triumph of your strength and position in the food chain or did you just take it all for granted?'' he asked the creature that growled fiercely as he approached smiling.

''I will carve out my own position, to be second to none but the sun itself,'' he declared to the creature. ''And by consuming your life, I harness that innate invisible power and overtake it. Thank you for your sacrifice,'' he added with a tinge of sincerity.

Later

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Jadgitt tilted his head and thought spoke; "I am one of them them yes." He righted his head again looking up at the man before him. Jadgitt sat up upon the ground to be relatively more equal in height- supporting one of his arms by the join and placing the hand of that arm upon his lower jaw in a thoughtful manner, "I believe we'll be departing once the wagon is ready- assuming they found a Rak-oxen (roxen?) to pull it- otherwise we'll be traveling on foot." The thought speak had some sudden insensible twerp like sound to it as the pattern changed, "I take it from the inquiry that you will also be joining," he turned to look behind Michael towards Sino, "us." A grin of sorts came upon the feline's face with some mischievous anticipation.
Sino steps out from behind Michael. ”Uh yeah us” says Sino who is confused about Jadgitt’s mischievous grin. ”Anyways where is the other pathfinder?” asks Sino who is looking around for the other one.

''I am right here,'' he announced casually, noting himself to be the last one to join. He smiled at the giant scorpion with false friendliness, suppressing his urge to lick his teeth. Such a majestic creature he thought, how formidably formed yet capable of emotions, how delicious...

Holding up his satchel he added: ''I have acquired us some fresh meat. Nothing is worse than the empty pain of hunger.''

I must hold out... now is not the right time. Not until the time is right...

Harbertia wrote:] The thought speak had some sudden insensible twerp like sound to it as the pattern changed, "I take it from the inquiry that you will also be joining," he turned to look behind Michael towards Sino, "us." A grin of sorts came upon the feline's face with some mischievous anticipation.

''Jadgitt, of course you came. I don't believe I have formally met these other two however,'' he said tilting his head between Michael and Sino.

''I am Damian Hojack, great grandson of Samuel Hojack,'' he introduced himself. ''And through some... circumstances, a teenage uncle to my older nephew whose the incumbent mayor. You must be Michael of the Apothecary,'' he noted.

''I believe your mother saved my life from a snake bite seven years back. I must say I didn't expect Higgendsvyll's next medic volunteering to leave, yet your skills will no doubt prove vital in our success.''

''And you,'' he said turning to Sino. ''A giant emperor scorpion, quite a fearsome beast are you not?'' he said rhetorically. Truly it must have stood above legions of smaller less intelligent insects.

''Tell me, do either of you believe in the existence of this safe haven that cannot be touched by the radiation?'' he asked Michael and Sino.

Jadgitt he knew well enough, the two would probably have some good fun along the hourney but these two were acquaintances at best and he needed to know what willed them to depart from their sanctuary and venture into the hostile territory beyond the border.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:The orphan boy Damian Hojack, now at the cusp of adulthood after nineteen winters recalled his father's lecture on the scent of ozone, that sweet pungent electric zing that could be picked up on with those who honed their nasal sensitivities. He had read from his old manuscripts how the gas was produced from a reaction between atmospheric chemicals and nitric oxide, which was forged from lightning.

''An omen perhaps?'' he muttered softly, staring at the colorless sky where his monotone eyes traced over the flight path of a flock of birds. They zoomed out the horizon in mass numbers, as if fleeing some unseen adversary and briefly converged below the Higgendsvyll clouds before proceeding ahead where they disappeared beyond the plains.

''Life is so very interesting. I do wonder if that flock is looking for the same promised land. Do they fear the radiation? What compels them to resist and persevere? I do believe it is a will shared by all living things, to go from zero to one. But even zero stands above negative one so what is the highest scale one can rise to?''

Fixing his gaze to the rising sun his eyes squinted as the light dimmed his vision. He had read about how the atmosphere refracted an angle of around 34 arcminutes from the sun's actual position, giving an illusion of sunrise at the horizon while the true sun, not its image, was still 50 arcminutes below said horizon.

''In my dreams I see the world differently, but in reality I remain blind to the colors the world reflects from your light. But oh how you stand above us all, the supreme master of all life that depends upon your shining grace. You are the one above all in its hierarchy, unsurpassed and absolute. Even I cannot overcome your will but I will have you acknowledge me from your throne.''

He unsheathed a knife and approached a half-conscious grizzly that let out a low groan as it struggled to free its right hind leg from a metal clasp that trapped it in place. Damian eyed its suffering with glee, watching the crippled predator slowly bleed out as it tried desperately to escape its impending doom. Did it fear death to its very bones and use every ounce of strength and vigor to stay alive or was it all just mindless instinct that was automated when the body felt threatened?

''Do you have a will to stand over your own prey in triumph of your strength and position in the food chain or did you just take it all for granted?'' he asked the creature that growled fiercely as he approached smiling.

''I will carve out my own position, to be second to none but the sun itself,'' he declared to the creature. ''And by consuming your life, I harness that innate invisible power and overtake it. Thank you for your sacrifice,'' he added with a tinge of sincerity.

Later

Yellowstone- wrote: Sino steps out from behind Michael. ”Uh yeah us” says Sino who is confused about Jadgitt’s mischievous grin. ”Anyways where is the other pathfinder?” asks Sino who is looking around for the other one.

''I am right here,'' he announced casually, noting himself to be the last one to join. He smiled at the giant scorpion with false friendliness, suppressing his urge to lick his teeth. Such a majestic creature he thought, how formidably formed yet capable of emotions, how delicious...

Holding up his satchel he added: ''I have acquired us some fresh meat. Nothing is worse than the empty pain of hunger.''

Harbertia wrote:] The thought speak had some sudden insensible twerp like sound to it as the pattern changed, "I take it from the inquiry that you will also be joining," he turned to look behind Michael towards Sino, "us." A grin of sorts came upon the feline's face with some mischievous anticipation.

''Jadgitt, of course you came. I don't believe I have formally met these other two however,'' he said tilting his head between Michael and Sino.

''I am Damian Hojack, great grandson of Samuel Hojack,'' he introduced himself. ''And through some... circumstances, a teenage uncle to my older nephew whose the incumbent mayor. You must be Michael of the Apothecary,'' he noted.

''I owe your mother thanks for saving my life from a snake bite seven years back. I must say I didn't expect Higgendsvyll's next medic volunteering to leave, yet your skills will no doubt prove vital in our success.''

''And you,'' he said turning to Sino. ''A giant emperor scorpion, quite a fearsome beast are you not?'' he said rhetorically. Truly it must have stood above legions of smaller less intelligent insects.

''Tell me, do either of you believe in the existence of this safe haven that cannot be touched by the radiation?'' he asked Michael and Sino.

Jadgitt he knew well enough, the two would probably have some good fun along the hourney but these two were acquaintances at best and he needed to know what willed them to depart from their sanctuary and venture into the hostile territory beyond the border.

”Well I did have a family who were like me but they were killed by hunters unfortunately” says Sino who sounds sad. ”But anyways I do believe in such a place, I’ve heard rumors about it from travelers and my family” ”But we have to be very careful and not betray each other and work together so we don’t die” says Sino who sounds confident.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:21 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:The orphan boy Damian Hojack, now at the cusp of adulthood after nineteen winters recalled his father's lecture on the scent of ozone, that sweet pungent electric zing that could be picked up on with those who honed their nasal sensitivities. He had read from his old manuscripts how the gas was produced from a reaction between atmospheric chemicals and nitric oxide, which was forged from lightning.

Later

''I owe your mother thanks for saving my life from a snake bite seven years back. I must say I didn't expect Higgendsvyll's next medic volunteering to leave, yet your skills will no doubt prove vital in our success.''

”Well I did have a family who were like me but they were killed by hunters unfortunately” says Sino who sounds sad. ”But anyways I do believe in such a place, I’ve heard rumors about it from travelers and my family” ”But we have to be very careful and not betray each other and work together so we don’t die” says Sino who sounds confident.

''I see,'' he nodded. So they can be killed by us, but what is their weak spot? Have to avoid the claws and stinger, aim for the underside or that revolting face... I will understand this creature better when I have harvested its more edible innards. If I kill it will I ascend the food chain?

''Well Sino I do look forward to an adventure, let us do our best out there,'' he said before mouting the wagon.

''Jadgitt, I assume you noticed the smoke by the borderlands? Are we heading in its direction?''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote:”Well I did have a family who were like me but they were killed by hunters unfortunately” says Sino who sounds sad. ”But anyways I do believe in such a place, I’ve heard rumors about it from travelers and my family” ”But we have to be very careful and not betray each other and work together so we don’t die” says Sino who sounds confident.

''I see,'' he nodded. So they can be killed by us, but what is their weak spot? Have to avoid the claws and stinger, aim for the underside or that revolting face... I will understand this creature better when I have harvested its more edible innards. If I kill it will I ascend the food chain?

''Well Sino I do look forward to an adventure, let us do our best out there,'' he said before mouting the wagon.

''Jadgitt, I assume you noticed the smoke by the borderlands? Are we heading in its direction?''

Jadgitt, looking a tad disappointed- his mischievous grin having only slightly earlier vanished at Sino's reception looked up at Damien- having previously settled back to sitting on all fours; thought spoke to the group, "The smoke rises from the south, we are heading westward. This one hopes to avoid the Blackfoot and am thus thankful we are not heading south." a grin and gleam returned to his face, "Unlike those seekers heading for Lake Kansas."
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Jadgitt, looking a tad disappointed- his mischievous grin having only slightly earlier vanished at Sino's reception looked up at Damien- having previously settled back to sitting on all fours; thought spoke to the group, "The smoke rises from the south, we are heading westward. This one hopes to avoid the Blackfoot and am thus thankful we are not heading south." a grin and gleam returned to his face, "Unlike those seekers heading for Lake Kansas."

”Yes those seekers heading south will probably fail on their journey, unlike us maybe” says Sino with a grin on his face, a grin for a scorpion. Sino turns to see the northwest horizon with miles of green rolling hills and a bank of clean white cumulus clouds in the sky. ”It might be a long harsh journey but I have a feeling it will be worth it in the end” he says.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Higgendsvyll, Mizourae, Roughly 204 Miles from the Issippi River

Morning

It was a sad day indeed, for the people of Higgendsvyll. The town where many generations had grown old will now become yet another abandoned settlement that the Fox would have traveled through. After rising early, he broke bread and salt[1] with the Amish Taufzuher[2], who had mingled in with the Seekers, but unlike their counterparts, would follow the rivers back northeast to their homeland. In the heavily accented tongue of the North, they spoke in their native tongues, a relief to find some familiarity, even if it be from someone of differing religions. "<<Truly, thou art indeed a pathfinder, for thou stake thine claim with those who go Northwest. Wherefore is this done?>>" the straw hatted Humanoid paused to quaff a glass of milk, "<<Thou'rt of Daerland, of the Nordiesch, and the rivers travel to thine home.>>" "<<The selfsame reason.>>" the grey speckled fox would answer in kind. "<<The Kings of the North would pay handsomely for the Hideaways of the Ancient Men, who are rumored to be in the distant lands nor'west of us. Both Daerland and Americand.>>" "<<Thou liest.>>" the Amischer would smirk in kind "<<Thou'rt afraid. Afraid for them.>>" he nodded at the party that would gather over yonder. "<<You see thineself. While thou speak things that are true, thou spoke not the truth.>>" The Fox conceded the point, and looked at the various migrations taking place, Seeker, Amish, and his own path. "<<See to it that they arrive safely to Elkardt safely. I'll away to where Loueyclar Wanders[3].>>" With that, the final formality would occur, with the Amischer making the sign of the cross. "<<May thine soul find the Halls of Heaven, ere we meet again.">> in reply with the bow, the Fox would make the sign of the upright Algiz rune, signifying life and hope. "<<May thine soul find the Halls of Heaven as well. Though until then, your own halls would have to do.>>"

Holstering the last of his own supplies onto the last of the Roxen, the fox would begin to make his way to the rest of the colorful cast of couriers. A giant rad-scorpion, the tailor's son, the outcast, and a jaguar. Overall, this was going to be one of his more interesting journeys.

[1]Breaking salt, as it is commonly called, is sharing a common meal with a stranger. Such rights of hospitality are old...very old. The sparse ritual typically involves either purified water or milk, butter, salt, and bread, or a combination of them. It is universally agreed that those who broke salt (as opposed to breaking communion) are protected so long as the visitor resided in their house. This right is extended to all, save for Banished Criminals (for crimes of murder, rape, or other unforgivable deeds). Further information will be divulged if the Party goes to Daerland or Amischiana.

[2] A term for Amish missionaries, derived from the German "Taufsucher", literally translated to is "baptism seeker". They typically follow Seekers, or convert them, to encourage the immigration of tribals to Amish communities, or create their own. Often seen alongside the Seekers moreso than the Restorationists due to the Amish low-tech lifestyle.

[3] An idiom based off of the old Explorers Lewis and Clark, it's typically used to express that they are going into unknown territory. Eg. "Where'd that coward run off to?" "With the way he's goin', he'll probably be where Loueyclar is by now!"
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:39 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Jadgitt, looking a tad disappointed- his mischievous grin having only slightly earlier vanished at Sino's reception looked up at Damien- having previously settled back to sitting on all fours; thought spoke to the group, "The smoke rises from the south, we are heading westward. This one hopes to avoid the Blackfoot and am thus thankful we are not heading south." a grin and gleam returned to his face, "Unlike those seekers heading for Lake Kansas."

”Yes those seekers heading south will probably fail on their journey, unlike us maybe” says Sino with a grin on his face, a grin for a scorpion. Sino turns to see the northwest horizon with miles of green rolling hills and a bank of clean white cumulus clouds in the sky. ”It might be a long harsh journey but I have a feeling it will be worth it in the end” he says.

''A land the radiation can't touch... I think I'd like to see such a place, if it exists'' Damian said as he contemplated the journey awaiting them.

Truth be told he was less interested in reaching that place than he was in the thrill of finding new beasts and opponents along the way. If he could make to their destination both alive and strong against all the odds inevitably stacked against them, then perhaps the heavens would indeed acknowledge him as a superior being, a master of this earth.

And then he would celebrate his victory by feasting on Sino, whose own triumph and joy at reaching the promised land would be ripe for consumption.

His lips curled upwards as he savored the anticipation of what was to eventually come. But for now he was with his fellow travel companions, all of whom were staking their lives and future destiny on this trip, which he respected. He would honor their unspoken pact of camaraderie until they had conquered the forbidden world and found their reward. He wondered if Jadgitt was aware of his intentions.

Harbertia wrote:

The Seekers ran agricultural settlements, which meant they had developed techniques to grow food in spite of the radiation, with very limited help from technology, an achievement he admired. Of course he was more of a hunter than a farmer which in his eyes made him superior and he disdained their selective pacifism against all but androids.

If there is a goddess of clemency, then surely those meek and cowardly agrarians are too weak to be delegated her authority of granting mercy.

''I expect they shall perish against a more bloodied foe,'' he said. ''Their lifestyle denies the truth and justice that governs this world.''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 am

Yellowstone- wrote:”Yes those seekers heading south will probably fail on their journey, unlike us maybe” says Sino with a grin on his face, a grin for a scorpion. Sino turns to see the northwest horizon with miles of green rolling hills and a bank of clean white cumulus clouds in the sky. ”It might be a long harsh journey but I have a feeling it will be worth it in the end” he says.

''A land the radiation can't touch... I think I'd like to see such a place, if it exists'' Damian said as he contemplated the journey awaiting them.

Truth be told he was less interested in reaching that place than he was in the thrill of finding new beasts and opponents along the way. If he could make to their destination both alive and strong against all the odds inevitably stacked against them, then perhaps the heavens would indeed acknowledge him as a superior being, a master of this earth.

And then he would celebrate his victory by feasting on Sino, whose own triumph and joy at reaching the promised land would be ripe for consumption.

His lips curled upwards as he savored the anticipation of what was to eventually come. But for now he was with his fellow travel companions, all of whom were staking their lives and future destiny on this trip, which he respected. He would honor their unspoken pact of camaraderie until they had conquered the forbidden world and found their reward. He wondered if Jadgitt was aware of his intentions.

Harbertia wrote:Jadgitt, looking a tad disappointed- his mischievous grin having only slightly earlier vanished at Sino's reception looked up at Damien- having previously settled back to sitting on all fours; thought spoke to the group, "The smoke rises from the south, we are heading westward. This one hopes to avoid the Blackfoot and am thus thankful we are not heading south." a grin and gleam returned to his face, "Unlike those seekers heading for Lake Kansas."

The Seekers ran agricultural settlements, which meant they had developed techniques to grow food in spite of the radiation, with very limited help from technology, an achievement he admired. Of course he was more of a hunter than a farmer which in his eyes made him superior and he disdained their selective pacifism against all but androids.

If there is a goddess of clemency, then surely those meek and cowardly agrarians are too weak to be delegated her authority of granting mercy.

''I expect they shall perish against a more bloodied foe,'' he said. ''Their lifestyle denies the truth and justice that governs this world.''
”So should we start heading out of town now?” says Sino to Damien and Jadgitt. ”The faster the less time we have to be caught in a storm or something” he says giving a worried look to the bank of clouds on the horizon. ”Also are we messing someone like I think who is a fox?” asks Sino.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:

”So should we start heading out of town now?” says Sino to Damien and Jadgitt. ”The faster the less time we have to be caught in a storm or something” he says giving a worried look to the bank of clouds on the horizon. ”Also are we messing someone like I think who is a fox?” asks Sino.

It was truly surprising to Jadgett how easily Sino could make acquaintances. Jadgett's expression was rather serene as he thought spoke to Sino and Damien; "Sooner is always better though we-" Jadgett's line of thought was interrupted when one the Exodus faction members came forward, the Exodus being the name the group seeking to leave Higgendsvyll had come to be known as. The person was from his left profile utterly Human but from his right or when he was as of now looking at one directly it was obvious that he was not entirely pure- evident by his right eye being large, black, and directly next to his nose and lacking of eyelashes. His skin on the right side of his body was also of a darker hue and some would say flaky. The person spoke; "Waygen's ready, Militea wontted it but one of the strangers convinced them to allow it's use. The Rakoxen was similiarly desired but," the person sucked on his teeth a bit and chewed on some black herb, "eh- the Mayher iz ztill unhappy with this- I'd say now's the best time to leave before it gets more difficult." He sucked on the herb, his black eye falling on Damien and then back to the rest of the group; "Ya'll zet?"
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: ”So should we start heading out of town now?” says Sino to Damien and Jadgitt. ”The faster the less time we have to be caught in a storm or something” he says giving a worried look to the bank of clouds on the horizon. ”Also are we messing someone like I think who is a fox?” asks Sino.

Tt was truly surprising to Jadgett how easily Sino could make acquaintances. Jadgett's expression was rather serene as he thought spoke to Sino and Damien; "Sooner is always better though we-" Jadgett's line of thought was interrupted when one the Exodus faction members came forward, the Exodus being the name the group seeking to leave Higgendsvyll had come to be known as. The person was from his left profile utterly Human but from his right or when he was as of now looking at one directly it was obvious that he was not entirely pure- evident by his right eye being large, black, and directly next to his nose and lacking of eyelashes. His skin on the right side of his body was also of a darker hue and some would say flaky. The person spoke; "Waygen's ready, Militea wontted it but one of the strangers convinced them to allow it's use. The Rakoxen was similiarly desired but," the person sucked on his teeth a bit and chewed on some black herb, "eh- the Mayher iz ztill unhappy with this- I'd say now's the best time to leave before it gets more difficult." He sucked on the herb, his black eye falling on Damien and then back to the rest of the group; "Ya'll zet?"

"I am." the half-gray fox would nod and hoist his rucksack. "Still think we should head north, make for Eowa. From there, we can dodge most of the rad-storms, get resupplied, and generally not deal with any Radders." he spoke with an odd accent, but with the authority of a veteran explorer. "Vassilikos, you'll be happy to know I've tol' your folks to go with the Amishers, at least they appreciate a good carpet or bandage." he grinned. "M'nam's Grayradd, or Gray for short. You all can decide who's in charge, but I'm the veteran, savvy?"
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:11 am

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Tt was truly surprising to Jadgett how easily Sino could make acquaintances. Jadgett's expression was rather serene as he thought spoke to Sino and Damien; "Sooner is always better though we-" Jadgett's line of thought was interrupted when one the Exodus faction members came forward, the Exodus being the name the group seeking to leave Higgendsvyll had come to be known as. The person was from his left profile utterly Human but from his right or when he was as of now looking at one directly it was obvious that he was not entirely pure- evident by his right eye being large, black, and directly next to his nose and lacking of eyelashes. His skin on the right side of his body was also of a darker hue and some would say flaky. The person spoke; "Waygen's ready, Militea wontted it but one of the strangers convinced them to allow it's use. The Rakoxen was similiarly desired but," the person sucked on his teeth a bit and chewed on some black herb, "eh- the Mayher iz ztill unhappy with this- I'd say now's the best time to leave before it gets more difficult." He sucked on the herb, his black eye falling on Damien and then back to the rest of the group; "Ya'll zet?"

"I am." the half-gray fox would nod and hoist his rucksack. "Still think we should head north, make for Eowa. From there, we can dodge most of the rad-storms, get resupplied, and generally not deal with any Radders." he spoke with an odd accent, but with the authority of a veteran explorer. "Vassilikos, you'll be happy to know I've tol' your folks to go with the Amishers, at least they appreciate a good carpet or bandage." he grinned. "M'nam's Grayradd, or Gray for short. You all can decide who's in charge, but I'm the veteran, savvy?"

''Oh the veteran are you?'' he mused before breaking out into a chuckle. ''Such an adorable little rascal like yourself?''

He could of course see the equipment Gray carried - the combat knife, a repeating crossbow, a CEEP canteen and a rucksack that must have held additional supplies. His eyes didn't process color but he could still make out the rich texture of the multi-pallet fur, which probably wasn't beneficial for camouflage. Either he was experienced enough to offset that disadvantage or he was an overconfident novice, admittedly somewhat like himself.

''That's a nice blade you have there, ever used it on something?'' He clutched his own knife and brandished it forward, letting the sun glean off it.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Danceria wrote:"I am." the half-gray fox would nod and hoist his rucksack. "Still think we should head north, make for Eowa. From there, we can dodge most of the rad-storms, get resupplied, and generally not deal with any Radders." he spoke with an odd accent, but with the authority of a veteran explorer. "Vassilikos, you'll be happy to know I've tol' your folks to go with the Amishers, at least they appreciate a good carpet or bandage." he grinned. "M'nam's Grayradd, or Gray for short. You all can decide who's in charge, but I'm the veteran, savvy?"

''Oh the veteran are you?'' he mused before breaking out into a chuckle. ''Such an adorable little rascal like yourself?''

He could of course see the equipment Gray carried - the combat knife, a repeating crossbow, a CEEP canteen and a rucksack that must have held additional supplies. His eyes didn't process color but he could still make out the rich texture of the multi-pallet fur, which probably wasn't beneficial for camouflage. Either he was experienced enough to offset that disadvantage or he was an overconfident novice, admittedly somewhat like himself.

''That's a nice blade you have there, ever used it on something?'' He clutched his own knife and brandished it forward, letting the sun glean off it.

Vassilikos looked back and forth between them before settling his sight on Grayradd; "I'll leave the two of ya ta settle the route- thanks, I-" he was going to elaborate but that Hojack specifically he found unnerving and thus with a slight tip of his head in gratitude he went away.

Jadgett remained silent though his look was concerned in reservation. He didn't expect Damien to do anything in town but- he wouldn't put it past the capacity of Damien to do something. For a moment there was a stillness in the air.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Vassilikos looked back and forth between them before settling his sight on Grayradd; "I'll leave the two of ya ta settle the route- thanks, I-" he was going to elaborate but that Hojack specifically he found unnerving and thus with a slight tip of his head in gratitude he went away.

Jadgett remained silent though his look was concerned in reservation. He didn't expect Damien to do anything in town but- he wouldn't put it past the capacity of Damien to do something. For a moment there was a stillness in the air.
Sino places the rest of his supplies on to the wagon. ”We should start leaving now” he says breaking the silence. He jumps onto the wagon and waits for the others to agree or disagree. He squints toward the northwest horizon and sees miles of rolling green plains with scattered trees and grazing animals. He also sees the bank of clouds which have started to darken a little and grow.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Vassilikos looked back and forth between them before settling his sight on Grayradd; "I'll leave the two of ya ta settle the route- thanks, I-" he was going to elaborate but that Hojack specifically he found unnerving and thus with a slight tip of his head in gratitude he went away.

Sino places the rest of his supplies on to the wagon. ”We should start leaving now” he says breaking the silence. He jumps onto the wagon and waits for the others to agree or disagree. He squints toward the northwest horizon and sees miles of rolling green plains with scattered trees and grazing animals. He also sees the bank of clouds which have started to darken a little and grow.

''Ah, dark clouds. We might have ourselves an early morning storm. So soon after sunrise, how disappointing'' he lamented tilting up his chin. ''Well I'd hate to be the one keeping us here, it will be a difficult journey ahead with this storm but I have every intent to persevere,'' he said sheathing his knife back.

''Well little fox, if you know your way around the terrain, then by all means I'll follow your lead.''

I was impulsive on seeing a new face, I'll have to temper my excitement until the time is right, when we've made it further ahead. His hands betrayed a slight quaking before he clenched them shut. Foxes. He didn't like them, save for the fur.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 pm

"Ye best hope tha' I never have ta' use m' blade on ye." the fox countered. "But ye're a stalwart one, Daimian. Lets follow those heading eastwards first, so that we may take shelter if the storm comes to us quickly, an' that ye may learn more of the world outside." He hitched the Rackoschen and the wagon, and joined it with the convoy of Amishfolk. There they learned more of different cities, and Gray discussed on traders, rivers, and whole host of geography. Gray further spoke, or rather, reiterated his experience as a pathfinder, having tagged along convoys "since he could walk". Every now and again, he would slip into speaking in Amische, learning, ensuring that the families would be properly taken care of, and lamenting the fact that he could not just yet go to his homeland. As established, anything that the Amish would be willing to give up, they did, in order that the group may return safely one day.

"The storm will be the least of our worries, once we weather it." Grayradd would explain. "It's the Storm Chasers who rule the plains of Nebrazke. Some tribes are friendly, like the folk of the Dakotahs. They'd probably hook you up with something better than the potato peeler you've got right now." he teased Daimian. "But don't be surprised that yer not the first who's set their eyes nor'west. There've been tales of a pristine land o' tall trees since...well, since e'er."

TRAVEL NOTES: PARTY has traveled eastwards with AMISH CONVOY to (Crossroads Country Market- Sinclair Gas Station, Missouri), travel time, roughly 3 hrs 36 Minutes.

Next Destination is NORTH, to DESMOIN, EOWA. Estimated time, 66 Hours.
Last edited by Danceria on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse