NATION

PASSWORD

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:59 pm

United States of Brainy wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Tag

Yay!!!! We're finally getting people!!! Welcome, Warg! :D

Thx! G.I.Joe has always been an interesting classic to me
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:[
I was busy. :) But I'm here now, and an app will come tomorrow or so.

Thank you, Pax. :)

You're welcome. I actually own a copy of G.I. Joe #24, in good condition. The only piece of Joe media I own, unfortunately.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thx! G.I.Joe has always been an interesting classic to me

Yep! An 80s classic that has only aged better with time like a fine Dr. Pepper! :D

Tamrida
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Woohoo! We are starting to assemble a great group!
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Thx! G.I.Joe has always been an interesting classic to me

Yep! An 80s classic that has only aged better with time like a fine Dr. Pepper! :D

Honestly, you might have a problem with Dr Pepper.

Just sayin'

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 pm

The '80s had some of the best pop culture, by far.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:04 pm

Tamrida wrote:Woohoo! We are starting to assemble a great group!

Just sayin'

There a inside joke I’m not getting here?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:07 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Woohoo! We are starting to assemble a great group!

Just sayin'

There a inside joke I’m not getting here?

Kind of, Brainy always talks about drinking, loving, and/or thinking about Dr. Pepper about 30% of the time.

The rest of the time they talk about nerd/geek stuff.

(It is pretty great)
Pax Nerdvana wrote:

The '80s had some of the best pop culture, by far.

So true!

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Tamrida wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:There a inside joke I’m not getting here?

Kind of, Brainy always talks about drinking, loving, and/or thinking about Dr. Pepper about 30% of the time.

(It is pretty great)
Pax Nerdvana wrote:The '80s had some of the best pop culture, by far.

So true!

Sounds.....interesting
Call me Warg or Antic

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Tamrida wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:There a inside joke I’m not getting here?

(It is pretty great)
Pax Nerdvana wrote:The '80s had some of the best pop culture, by far.

So true!

Transformers being one example. I'll start my app tomorrow.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:09 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
You're welcome. I actually own a copy of G.I. Joe #24, in good condition. The only piece of Joe media I own, unfortunately.

G.I. Joe #24 is a classic. I especially like how, in that issue, CC isn't portrayed as a ranting clod like he usually is but cold, calm and calculating. I like the artwork too, the way CC is drawn as lean with clean lines, less detail, adds immensely to the air of mystery about him.

(Oh, I'm sending you a TG, Pax, so be on the outlook in a couple minutes. In fact, I'll make it a group TG so be on the lookout too Warg and Tam.)

Ans let's just say, Warg, I have a thing for Dr. Pepper. ;)

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:
Tamrida wrote:Kind of, Brainy always talks about drinking, loving, and/or thinking about Dr. Pepper about 30% of the time.

(It is pretty great)

So true!

Sounds.....interesting

Yeah, it is overblown for the meme factor, and it kind of works out.

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:11 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

G.I. Joe #24 is a classic. I especially like how, in that issue, CC isn't portrayed as a ranting clod like he usually is but cold, calm and calculating. I like the artwork too, the way CC is drawn as lean with clean lines, less detail, adds immensely to the air of mystery about him.

(Oh, I'm sending you a TG, Pax, so be on the outlook in a couple minutes. In fact, I'll make it a group TG so be on the lookout too Warg and Tam.)

Well everyone has a favourite nice cold potentially-lethal-if-consumed-in-high-doses sugary carbonated beverage, mine would be root beer
Call me Warg or Antic

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:12 pm

@Tamrida- 30 percent?! I take offense at that! It's more like 50 percent! Maybe even 60 percent! :p

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

To be fair, Cobra Commander is depicted as cold, calculating, and calm in nearly all iterations that weren't meant to be geared towards children. (I.E. Resolute vs the 80s tv show)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Well everyone has a favourite nice cold potentially-lethal-if-consumed-in-high-doses sugary carbonated beverage, mine would be root beer

I love root beer too (I mean, it is Snoopy's favorite drink after all) but you have to be careful to make sure to get the root beer that's caffeinated because not all root beer is caffeinated and if its not caffeinated, what's the point really? :p

Okay, writing my TG now!

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:17 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Well everyone has a favourite nice cold potentially-lethal-if-consumed-in-high-doses sugary carbonated beverage, mine would be root beer

I love root beer too (I mean, it is Snoopy's favorite drink after all) but you have to be careful to make sure to get the root beer that's caffeinated because not all root beer is caffeinated and if its not caffeinated, what's the point really? :p

Okay, writing my TG now!

Why bother with caffeinated or non caffeinated, all Root Beer is great (I also love cherry soda)

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Tamrida wrote:Why bother with caffeinated or non caffeinated, all Root Beer is great (I also love cherry soda)

Cherry soda is awesome too! The best is when you add the grenadine to Coke yourself and you can make it really really cherry. And yes, all root beer is great but you might as well get it caffeinated so you get the whole package, sugar AND caff!

Powerbroker

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Wait, can we make our own characters or do they have to be a part of the G.I.Joe Canon?
Call me Warg or Antic

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Wait, can we make our own characters or do they have to be a part of the G.I.Joe Canon?

You can make your own characters. :)

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:48 pm

I am gonna make a COBRA OC. You can guess his gimmick by this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hMfm_ouOI
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:53 pm

One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Jerdos
Secretary

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerdos » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:37 pm

tag
Monarchist, Sheenlandic, & Catholic.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:36 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:

I did not know #24 was considered a classic. I am glad I bought it.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Tamrida
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tamrida » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:45 am

This guy knows what's up!

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:57 am

I hope I can get an app up today. I don't know if I'll have time today.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse