NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: Forbidden World (Sign Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:31 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:Hold on a second, if this is set in the 25th century, wouldn't there be advanced space technology. I was thinking of like controlling a colony or something that's still got all the advanced technology and it's either on our moon or a moon(s) of Jupiter and Saturn. That would be kind of an interesting aspect/twist for a post-apocalyptic story for humans to come back to the irradiated earth and probably be either seen as aliens or maybe even Gods. They'll have armour and laser weapons, but if it's one of the gas giants moons then they will probably arrive later in the RP.

Damn, I just realised this is based off something that already exists. Might use this idea else where though.

It's something I've considered. TSR (which made the original game) was established by Gary Gygax (famous for D&D). He created a connected universe involving Dungeons and Dragons, Metamorphosis Alpha (a game set on a drifting colony ship that's become an little isolated world of it's own with the systems running rampant), Gamma World (which mentions Space Sports as being abandoned places that have already launched their ships), and Star Frontiers (which focuses on the decedents of those colony ship crews - like the one from Metamorphosis Alpha - that actually found a new home rather then faced disaster on the journey).

The most famous bridging took place in the D&D Module "Expedition to the Barrier Peak" where a group of humans, elves, and dwarves explore a downed colony ship from which mechanical and mutant horrors have invaded the land.

Like Gamma World it had ID levels, power armor, blaster weapons, etc with it being implied that the 'demi-human' races are actually the decedents of colonials who where genetically altered/mutated long ago. Essentially that Elves and Dwarves are Humanoids in the Gamma World tradition- descended from Pure Humans but now altered into something different.

I've only recently begun to solidify the connection between Star Frontiers and Gamma World in the Titans RP variant. First we have Gamma World's Timeline and then Human history in Star Frontiers, and then the origin of Cybots in that setting- an origin associated with Gamma World's Cyberoids. (a connection that does lend to the suggestion that The Created have existed since before the Social Wars)

The only reason I have yet to do an RP where Humans rediscover their homeworld is because of the after effects on Gamma World- how it's society would be altered. The world would change and I feel it'd no longer be the Gamma World. I'm not ready to alter the world order; how things are in the Gamma World and thus I'd decline your suggestion but I felt you should now that it's still something being considered- even as an RP that isn't part of the RP group's canon- say a 'What If?" RP- that'd be fun :D

I always enjoy discussing the lore so we can do that here or over TG I'll be pleased regardless. Here Jariri- who is also interested in the lore will be able to give his insight while over TG between us he would not. Though TG would perhaps prevent the thread from derailing.
Last edited by Harbertia on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:41 am

Update: New Yugoslavaia will be doing his own thing, he just felt like bringing up his idea here.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:02 am

Harbertia wrote:Update: New Yugoslavaia will be doing his own thing, he just felt like bringing up his idea here.
So he isn’t doing the journey thing

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:05 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Update: New Yugoslavaia will be doing his own thing, he just felt like bringing up his idea here.
So he isn’t doing the journey thing

That appears to be case. The OOC inspired him and he felt like sharing and I'm happy with that :)

How's Frozen Forest? Is he still joining?
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:09 am

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: So he isn’t doing the journey thing

That appears to be case. The OOC inspired him and he felt like sharing and I'm happy with that :)

I think so

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That appears to be case. The OOC inspired him and he felt like sharing and I'm happy with that :)

I think so

It'd be nice to hear soon or to have some applicant. We've had some interest voiced but we still lack a fourth member.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:16 am

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: I think so

It'd be nice to hear soon or to have some applicant. We've had some interest voiced but we still lack a fourth member.

Think Avalon might join?

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:20 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:It'd be nice to hear soon or to have some applicant. We've had some interest voiced but we still lack a fourth member.

Think Avalon might join?
No I asked him and he said no

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:09 pm

Maybe we should make do with three, I don't think the 4th guy is joining unless someone else is available?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Maybe we should make do with three, I don't think the 4th guy is joining unless someone else is available?

I was thinking the same thing today- I think we should start with the three of us. Yellowstone?
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Maybe we should make do with three, I don't think the 4th guy is joining unless someone else is available?

I was thinking the same thing today- I think we should start with the three of us. Yellowstone?

A fourth member would have been useful though - more frequent posting in total - is there anyone else that could join?

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Harbertia wrote:

Probably we should start. Frozen Forest has been inactive for 3 days.
Last edited by Yellowstone- on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:11 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I was thinking the same thing today- I think we should start with the three of us. Yellowstone?
Probably we should start. Frozen Forest has been inactive for 3 days.

Alright, it doesn't look like the person I TGed is interested. It's late now though so, tomorrow is Friday- maybe we'll start then or Saturday. I'll be going swimming Sunday.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: Probably we should start. Frozen Forest has been inactive for 3 days.

Alright, it doesn't look like the person I TGed is interested. It's late now though so, tomorrow is Friday- maybe we'll start then or Saturday. I'll be going swimming Sunday.

Ok

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:21 am

Hey! Sorry for the inactivity, i've been prepping with family for the 4th of July and, along with moving, sucked up most of my time. An App is incoming and will be up within an hour or two.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:27 am

Character Name: Michail Vassilikos

Character Type: Pure Strain Human
Tell Us about your Character: The Vassilikos Clan is a native clan of Hyggendsvyl specializing in healing and tailoring clothes and armor. It was founded by a Healer who was fleeing the Red Death. Being one of the few experienced healers in the settlement, the first Vassilikos decided to settle down and build a life. He found a partner in a young tailor woman, and thus began the duel healing-tailoring skills of their descendants.

Throughout the years the Clan managed to rise from squalor to near-aristocracy, at least by Hyggendsvyl standards. The settlement came to depend on them for medicine and clothing. They began to foster contact with some of the tribes outside, the tribals bringing medical herbs, cloth, linen, fabrics, metal etc etc in return for healing and tailoring or armor creation. It was a beneficial cycle and the Vassilikos Clan held a monopoly on this particular form of trade. Decadence never did run through the clan though, and it still didn't. Charity was common and free treatment was often offered when there were creatures in need.

Michail was born the third son of Victor and Georgiana Vassilikos. From the age of three he had been raised with strict family discipline. Day to night he practiced his sewing techniques, learning how to mend wounds and cure ails, to repair a shredded cloak and to find the materials he'd need to do all of this. Day and night of practice, the discipline of his people had given them food every day, medicine when they needed it, they never went cold. Life as he knew it had its sacrifices.

His decision to become a pathfinder enraged his family, but it didn't matter. They couldn't stop him from volunteering for it, his medical skills would be needed in the coming days.
Equipment:
-1x Satchel

-4x Vials of Diluted Zarn-Paralyses Poison
-4x Vials of Deathmoss Sap (Comatose sleep-inducer)
-10x Shortened/Cleaned Horl Choo Quills (Used as sewing needles)
-1x Anti-Radiation Serum
-1x Cur-In Dose
-4x Pain-Killers (In the form of a consumable powder) (White-Powder)
-4x Sustenance Dose (In the form of a consumable powder) (Yellow-Powder)
-1x Scalpel
-1x Roll of sterilized fabric

-1x Laser Pistol

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:38 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:Character Name: Michail Vassilikos
Character Type: Pure Strain Human
Tell Us about your Character: The Vassilikos Clan is a native clan of Hyggendsvyl specializing in healing and tailoring clothes and armor. It was founded by a Healer who was fleeing the Red Death. Being one of the few experienced healers in the settlement, the first Vassilikos decided to settle down and build a life. He found a partner in a young tailor woman, and thus began the duel healing-tailoring skills of their descendants.

Throughout the years the Clan managed to rise from squalor to near-aristocracy, at least by Hyggendsvyl standards. The settlement came to depend on them for medicine and clothing. They began to foster contact with some of the tribes outside, the tribals bringing medical herbs, cloth, linen, fabrics, metal etc etc in return for healing and tailoring or armor creation. It was a beneficial cycle and the Vassilikos Clan held a monopoly on this particular form of trade. Decadence never did run through the clan though, and it still didn't. Charity was common and free treatment was often offered when there were creatures in need.

Michail was born the third son of Victor and Georgiana Vassilikos. From the age of three he had been raised with strict family discipline. Day to night he practiced his sewing techniques, learning how to mend wounds and cure ails, to repair a shredded cloak and to find the materials he'd need to do all of this. Day and night of practice, the discipline of his people had given them food every day, medicine when they needed it, they never went cold. Life as he knew it had its sacrifices.

His decision to become a pathfinder enraged his family, but it didn't matter. They couldn't stop him from volunteering for it, his medical skills would be needed in the coming days.
Equipment:
-1x Satchel

-4x Vials of Diluted Zarn-Paralyses Poison
-4x Vials of Deathmoss Sap (Comatose sleep-inducer)
-10x Shortened/Cleaned Horl Choo Quills (Used as sewing needles)
-1x Anti-Radiation Serum
-1x Cur-In Dose
-4x Pain-Killers (In the form of a consumable powder) (White-Powder)
-4x Sustenance Dose (In the form of a consumable powder) (Yellow-Powder)
-1x Scalpel
-1x Roll of sterilized fabric

-1x Laser Pistol

Approved and I must say- unexpected :) Welcome to the RP; should today not prove tiring at work I'll certainly have the IC up. I like that you did extra research to complete the character; finding information that I had yet to add to the Titans wiki :) I especially like your creative use of Zarn, Deathmoss, and Horl Choo material. I'm interested in seeing how the character interacts with the others on this journey.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:48 am

Harbertia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:SNIP

Approved and I must say- unexpected :) Welcome to the RP; should today not prove tiring at work I'll certainly have the IC up. I like that you did extra research to complete the character; finding information that I had yet to add to the Titans wiki :) I especially like your creative use of Zarn, Deathmoss, and Horl Choo material. I'm interested in seeing how the character interacts with the others on this journey.

Thanks Harb :p I'm looking forwards to the beginning of the IC.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:10 am

Should we add a female character to our group for diversity?
Last edited by Yellowstone- on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:18 am

Yellowstone- wrote:Should we add a female character to our group for diversity?

We've been delayed long enough but might encounter some or have one join us latter. For now we are a few guys on a journey across the west. it's awesome :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote:Should we add a female character to our group for diversity?

We've been delayed long enough but might encounter some or have one join us latter. For now we are a few guys on a journey across the west. it's awesome :)

Nice. I’m excited for the IC.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Had to work an extra half hour at work, and have been a tad delayed. Still thinking of a way to start the IC.

OOC Link

Jadgitt steered from slumber and stretched upon golden grass- or was it a tan brown- a shiny brown- wheat perhaps. Such was a word used to describe the color though such grass was not wheat. He really wasn't even that far from town, Higgendsvyll rested just down a small hill upon a vast expanse of open land- some smoke rising from those beyond places but the town was largely isolated- could just be clouds.

(something about wagon maybe, the town- let's just introduce our characters to start with- that sounds best)
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Harbertia wrote:Had to work an extra half hour at work, and have been a tad delayed. Still thinking of a way to start the IC.

OOC Link

Jadgitt steered from slumber and stretched upon golden grass- or was it a tan brown- a shiny brown- wheat perhaps. Such was a word used to describe the color though such grass was not wheat. He really wasn't even that far from town, Higgendsvyll rested just down a small hill upon a vast expanse of open land- some smoke rising from those beyond places but the town was largely isolated- could just be clouds.

(something about wagon maybe, the town- let's just introduce our characters to start with- that sounds best)
That sounds good to me

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Had to work an extra half hour at work, and have been a tad delayed. Still thinking of a way to start the IC.

OOC Link

That sounds good to me

Aye, I just need to get at least one more paragraph in- preferably more- no more then three. *takes a look* actually that's just two sentences so not yet even a paragraph.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: That sounds good to me

Aye, I just need to get at least one more paragraph in- preferably more- no more then three. *takes a look* actually that's just two sentences so not yet even a paragraph.

Ok

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse