NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: Forbidden World (Sign Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:01 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Likewise, GW is fun.

hahah Indeed, and it looks like your character is -heh hahah well I can say that as far as 'boss' goes I get the feeling my Jaget character is inclined to treat Damien as the boss. Something in Jaget nature makes me think such. Plus Damien gives me something I can work with in regards to my own character whose background has not yet been fleshed out.

We are certainly shaping up to be an 'odd' group; lots of flaws that will surely make the journey all the more interesting.

Mind if our characters have a history between them?

Not at all, that's a good idea. I was starting to wonder if I was playing the only human character in the group though.

What are your suggestions?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:31 am

Harbertia wrote:hahah Indeed, and it looks like your character is -heh hahah well I can say that as far as 'boss' goes I get the feeling my Jaget character is inclined to treat Damien as the boss. Something in Jaget nature makes me think such. Plus Damien gives me something I can work with in regards to my own character whose background has not yet been fleshed out.

We are certainly shaping up to be an 'odd' group; lots of flaws that will surely make the journey all the more interesting.

Mind if our characters have a history between them?

Not at all, that's a good idea. I was starting to wonder if I was playing the only human character in the group though.

Well that's where things need to be discussed. Your character is indeed the only Human character (and may be a Humanoid born to Pure Strain Human parents due to one of his character traits but- we both know such can be caused by other factors then mutation Usually those with a Poor Dual Brain are unaware of their condition, and those who become somewhat aware of the condition are often treated as having a Split Personality, or similar condition. It'd certainly explain a bit of his ostracized experience.)

Jagets and Damien are similar in that people don't want the around- Jagets due to being 'unlucky' and 'Damien' due to - mental peculiarity. Damien is believed to be a Pure Strain Human even if people call him a demon child, and my character is a Mutant Animal- we both are part of a minority in Hyggendsvyl.

Jaget's attracted predators to them and Damien is rather carnivorous it seems. Perhaps Damien bonded with my character over these factors- being minorities, being considered ill company, and both being hunter minded- with my character of course finding enjoyment in going along with what ever your character was up to on a specific day. They probably have some experience camping away from town, and most likely due to my character have come into some hard to get out of situations.

Yellowstone-'s character however poses a question- he's not small, he's rather large- and certainly would have been of interest to Damien if they met while our two characters where on such a trip. We might have even brought the strange giant scorpion to town and gotten some odd looks and laughed at people's reactions all while Sino (Yellow's character) actually managed to form better relations then we have- something that would probably give us pause to reflect thus making us intrigued, and envious of Sino while perhaps seeing him as 'not really a friend' but 'something of a possession' even though he isn't. Sino would see this as us looking out for him, and caring for him as the scorpion is the most naive of us but certainly has a lot of positive lessons we can learn from him (if we allow our selves :p )
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 am

Harbertia wrote:

Well that's where things need to be discussed. Your character is indeed the only Human character (and may be a Humanoid born to Pure Strain Human parents due to one of his character traits but- we both know such can be caused by other factors then mutation Usually those with a Poor Dual Brain are unaware of their condition, and those who become somewhat aware of the condition are often treated as having a Split Personality, or similar condition. It'd certainly explain a bit of his ostracized experience.)

Jagets and Damien are similar in that people don't want the around- Jagets due to being 'unlucky' and 'Damien' due to - mental peculiarity. Damien is believed to be a Pure Strain Human even if people call him a demon child, and my character is a Mutant Animal- we both are part of a minority in Hyggendsvyl.

Jaget's attracted predators to them and Damien is rather carnivorous it seems. Perhaps Damien bonded with my character over these factors- being minorities, being considered ill company, and both being hunter minded- with my character of course finding enjoyment in going along with what ever your character was up to on a specific day. They probably have some experience camping away from town, and most likely due to my character have come into some hard to get out of situations.

Yellowstone-'s character however poses a question- he's not small, he's rather large- and certainly would have been of interest to Damien if they met while our two characters where on such a trip. We might have even brought the strange giant scorpion to town and gotten some odd looks and laughed at people's reactions all while Sino (Yellow's character) actually managed to form better relations then we have- something that would probably give us pause to reflect thus making us intrigued, and envious of Sino while perhaps seeing him as 'not really a friend' but 'something of a possession' even though he isn't. Sino would see this as us looking out for him, and caring for him as the scorpion is the most naive of us but certainly has a lot of positive lessons we can learn from him (if we allow our selves :p )
Yep that probably happened or will happen

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Well that's where things need to be discussed. Your character is indeed the only Human character (and may be a Humanoid born to Pure Strain Human parents due to one of his character traits but- we both know such can be caused by other factors then mutation Usually those with a Poor Dual Brain are unaware of their condition, and those who become somewhat aware of the condition are often treated as having a Split Personality, or similar condition. It'd certainly explain a bit of his ostracized experience.)

Yep that probably happened or will happen

8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm

Harbertia wrote:Well that's where things need to be discussed. Your character is indeed the only Human character (and may be a Humanoid born to Pure Strain Human parents due to one of his character traits but- we both know such can be caused by other factors then mutation Usually those with a Poor Dual Brain are unaware of their condition, and those who become somewhat aware of the condition are often treated as having a Split Personality, or similar condition. It'd certainly explain a bit of his ostracized experience.)

Hmm... I could play with this Dual Brain concept.

So the majority of Hyggendsvyl are not Pure Strain? Are most of them humanoid mutants? But Jagets are not considered humanoid mutants?

I'm picturing the two having a sort of friendship based on a 'give and take' dynamic where they got along and perhaps even relied on each other on some instances provided they could be mutually useful to each other's goals. Jadgitt's Attraction Oder was probably useful to Damian in luring out larger and more interesting creatures that he learnt to fight against and kill (and consume some part of). Being isolated it helped that he had someone else to converse with (as he would otherwise taunt his smaller prey in monologue akin to Scar from LK1, explaining his innermost thoughts and desires before eating it to safeguard his secrets) and not becoming entirely deficient in socializing with others.

Indeed... if we allow ourselves... but Damian is ruled by an insatiable and peculiar appetite and here we have a giant scorpion, I think their relationship might be quite interesting (something on the lines of protecting Sino when he's in danger, keeping him alive to prevent others from taking 'his' prize, so that he can wait for the right time until Sino has 'ripened'... unless of course he changes along the journey and learns empathy).

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Now we're gonna have to consider a fourth member to add their own individual flair to our fledgling group of outcasts, hopefully someone will join.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Hmm... I could play with this Dual Brain concept.

So the majority of Hyggendsvyl are not Pure Strain? Are most of them humanoid mutants? But Jagets are not considered humanoid mutants?

I'm picturing the two having a sort of friendship based on a 'give and take' dynamic where they got along and perhaps even relied on each other on some instances provided they could be mutually useful to each other's goals. Jadgitt's Attraction Oder was probably useful to Damian in luring out larger and more interesting creatures that he learnt to fight against and kill (and consume some part of). Being isolated it helped that he had someone else to converse with (as he would otherwise taunt his smaller prey in monologue akin to Scar from LK1, explaining his innermost thoughts and desires before eating it to safeguard his secrets) and not becoming entirely deficient in socializing with others.

Indeed... if we allow ourselves... but Damian is ruled by an insatiable and peculiar appetite and here we have a giant scorpion, I think their relationship might be quite interesting (something on the lines of protecting Sino when he's in danger, keeping him alive to prevent others from taking 'his' prize, so that he can wait for the right time until Sino has 'ripened'... unless of course he changes along the journey and learns empathy).

Most of the population of Hyggendsvyl are Humanoids with Pure Strain Humans making up the smallest minority (but having in recent generations the most political authority). Jagets are Mutant Animals; being descended from Jaguars. They don't wear clothes, or typically carry equipment but they can speak telepathically and have human like hands (the rest of the body still that of a Jaguar). As such they are not considered Humanoid- Humanoids are beings that resemble Hominids- for example; Dwarves, Elves, Giants Gnomes aka Demi-Humans are Humanoids but for some odd reason sci-fi has caused the term to degrade to mean 'any being with a head, two arms, and two legs. I personally don't agree with that- for example- the Salarians from Mass Effect- I don't consider them to be Humanoid.

Oh- I've got to rush off to somewhere but I'll respond to the rest when I return.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:22 pm

I can see that, and it'll be challenging on my end to pull off but I might be able to seep into it as I did other roles.

Well, Sino and Jadgitt are both telepathic- perhaps such has an effect on Damien- heck I just thought of how Damien would be talking verbally to us but no one else would hear our thoughts- that's got to be something. He can't 'send thought' so he has to respond with voice so- hahahah yeah it looks like he's just talking to two animals XD
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Now we're gonna have to consider a fourth member to add their own individual flair to our fledgling group of outcasts, hopefully someone will join.
Frozen Forest will join soon

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Now we're gonna have to consider a fourth member to add their own individual flair to our fledgling group of outcasts, hopefully someone will join.

That'll be great :) It's great to have him with us now that Sentient Nature has... eh... kind of train wrecked. heh Well :) I'm eager to see what sort of character he adds to the party :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:47 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote: Frozen Forest will join soon

That'll be great :) It's great to have him with us now that Sentient Nature has... eh... kind of train wrecked. heh Well :) I'm eager to see what sort of character he adds to the party :)

It will be excited to see who this fourth member will be and how that will shape the Pathfinder group.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:05 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I can see that, and it'll be challenging on my end to pull off but I might be able to seep into it as I did other roles.

Well, Sino and Jadgitt are both telepathic- perhaps such has an effect on Damien- heck I just thought of how Damien would be talking verbally to us but no one else would hear our thoughts- that's got to be something. He can't 'send thought' so he has to respond with voice so- hahahah yeah it looks like he's just talking to two animals XD

1. I won't try to make it too hard, let me know of any difficulties and I'll adjust.

2. A truly feral spirit, he'd seem a little mad. Then again he already does talk to animals he's about to eat so he probably won't find it odd himself, though his spectators will.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:34 pm

Harbertia wrote:

1. I won't try to make it too hard, let me know of any difficulties and I'll adjust.

2. A truly feral spirit, he'd seem a little mad. Then again he already does talk to animals he's about to eat so he probably won't find it odd himself, though his spectators will.

:lol: :lol2:
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:

When do you think he'll join us? If he needs help making a character I'll certainly provide assistance :)
Tomorrow is made today.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:18 pm

Is it possible to RP as one of the CEEP robots (maybe their CEEP was aborted, they wandered around and found Hyggendsvyl)?
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Hey Harb how far along into the timeline is Forbidden World compared to Early Years?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Hey Harb how far along into the timeline is Forbidden World compared to Early Years?

Let's see...

Early Years is set "three generations after the Social Wars"; Let's assume to at least this means that someone was 24 years of age during the Social Wars, and had a child at that same age. Let's assume that each child had another at 24 years of age. 24x3= 72 years.

Early Years is set thus let's assume the years 2372.

It took 150 years after 2300 for mutation to run rampant (2450)

Forbidden World is set in the year 2583.

Hearthwood was set 770 years after 2300 (the years 3070); according to it's OP post... but I'm hahah I'm no longer sure about that XD
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Achidyemay wrote:Is it possible to RP as one of the CEEP robots (maybe their CEEP was aborted, they wandered around and found Hyggendsvyl)?

Where you thinking an Android that was stored in the CEEP before it was aborted or a less human like machine? Perhaps something akin to the Robobrain of Fallout or-? heh hah What I mean is can you elaborate as *gets the old rule book out* you know... I'm feeling lenient so give me some more detail :) the regular robots need to be shown I.D. to take orders and most are directly linked to a Cyberneticl Intelligence (such as those at CEEPs) however- I've seen Short Circuit (as well as Wall-E) and thus I'll permit you a robot character. I just need some additional details :)

Edit: hahah I just had a thought; I wouldn't be surprised if the CEEPs CI- realizing that a memory whip would kill it- erased all the important files and unable to cope with imminent death transferred it's personality into your character; though in doing so not remembering who or what it is perhaps because of the memory wipe that comes with Program Abort.

Cybernetic Installations

Excerpt from article: They can reprogram, and rebuild robots to suit their needs. Often the needs of these units will be somewhat bizarre since CI's, like Think Tanks, will have their own personalities which will have developed over many decades without human contact.

***EDIT***
Yellowstone- wrote:I would rather not have Androids in this
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Hey Harb how far along into the timeline is Forbidden World compared to Early Years?

Let's see...

Early Years is set "three generations after the Social Wars"; Let's assume to at least this means that someone was 24 years of age during the Social Wars, and had a child at that same age. Let's assume that each child had another at 24 years of age. 24x3= 72 years.

Hearthwood was set 770 years after 2300 (the years 3070); according to it's OP post... but I'm hahah I'm no longer sure about that XD

2583-2372 = 211

Therefore well over two centuries since Early Years, hence the insane Gunslinger (over 100 yrs old at start of EY) is most certainly dead but I might be able to reference him now and then. Have a loose idea about his tomb being discovered somewhere along the journey.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Harbertia wrote:Let's see...

ah, well thathhhaha that's something we can certainly do :)
2583-2372 = 211

Therefore well over two centuries since Early Years, hence the insane Gunslinger (over 100 yrs old at start of EY) is most certainly dead but I might be able to reference him now and then. Have a loose idea about his tomb being discovered somewhere along the journey.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 pm

I would rather not have Androids in this

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:04 pm

I've informed Achidyemay; is his robot alright with you?
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Harbertia wrote:

I've informed Achidyemay; is his robot alright with you?

What is it like because if it is too robotic it’s not ok. He still has to be affected by hungry, disease, dehydration and temperature.
Last edited by Yellowstone- on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I've informed Achidyemay; is his robot alright with you?

What is it like because if it is too robotic it’s not ok

He hasn't told me yet, I've asked him for more details. But most likely if it's not android (and due to you it won't be an android) it'll be highly mechanical.

As far as the old TSR game that the setting is based on this is an illustration of a 'Death Machine' from the 2nd edition rules;

I suggested an Android so the character wouldn't be too 'robotic' but based on your response that wasn't suitable.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote:What is it like because if it is too robotic it’s not ok

He hasn't told me yet, I've asked him for more details. But most likely if it's not android (and due to you it won't be an android) it'll be highly mechanical.

As far as the old TSR game that the setting is based on this is an illustration of a 'Death Machine' from the 2nd edition rules;

I suggested an Android so the character wouldn't be too 'robotic' but based on your response that wasn't suitable.
Oh that is robotic but I don’t think a robotic character fits our group very much

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse