NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: Forbidden World (Sign Up)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:59 pm

I was thinking of having been a drifter from one of the more civilized north/northeastern states (wisconsin, or Minnesota), or as a courier who was stationed to keep trade with the town.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 am

Danceria wrote:I was thinking of having been a drifter from one of the more civilized north/northeastern states (wisconsin, or Minnesota), or as a courier who was stationed to keep trade with the town.

Yellowstone and I had briefly talked about how Minnesota's capital might be where the Restorationist USA's Government is held (I realized after looking at a map that they are certainly not based out of DC as DC is- underwater and previous RPs set in the East didn't have a strong Restorationist Presence).

Minnesota's Capital Building is like a miniature version of the federal capital and It just seems perfect;

Link regarding the Restorationists

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and make that part of the lore.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:22 am

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:I was thinking of having been a drifter from one of the more civilized north/northeastern states (wisconsin, or Minnesota), or as a courier who was stationed to keep trade with the town.

Yellowstone and I had briefly talked about how Minnesota's capital might be where the Restorationist USA's Government is held (I realized after looking at a map that they are certainly not based out of DC as DC is- underwater and previous RPs set in the East didn't have a strong Restorationist Presence).

Minnesota's Capital Building is like a miniature version of the federal capital and It just seems perfect;

Yep our capital building looks a lot like the DC building

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:10 am

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Yellowstone and I had briefly talked about how Minnesota's capital might be where the Restorationist USA's Government is held (I realized after looking at a map that they are certainly not based out of DC as DC is- underwater and previous RPs set in the East didn't have a strong Restorationist Presence).

Yep our capital building looks a lot like the DC building

Nice, I think I'll post today seeing how Forest has not.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:54 am

Harbertia wrote:

Ah, so they would be the more tech-savvy of people, and have a considerable populace of Pure Humans and/or Humanoids (Basing radiation levels off of the fact that Chicago, Detroit, Toronto getting triple-nuked from orbit and the eastern Great Lakes being quite volatile). I was initially thinking that Rochester, MN would have been the capital due to it's world renowned clinic has treated both U.S. Presidents and world leaders, a position I am certain it continues to hold for centuries to come.

Would the Restorationists be like the Enclave from Fallout (U.S./Canadian Goverment 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo) or could there be mild tweaking on how their govt. functions?

EDIT: I sincerely doubt that mutants would be considered "pets"/slaves, save for being "seperate but equal" due to a desire to preserve humanity, but I think a Mutant pathfinder/courier could be well? Or hailing from the fringe territories of the Restorationist/Provincial Republic of North America?
Last edited by Danceria on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Yellowstone and I had briefly talked about how Minnesota's capital might be where the Restorationist USA's Government is held (I realized after looking at a map that they are certainly not based out of DC as DC is- underwater and previous RPs set in the East didn't have a strong Restorationist Presence).

Ah, so they would be the more tech-savvy of people, and have a considerable populace of Pure Humans and/or Humanoids (Basing radiation levels off of the fact that Chicago, Detroit, Toronto getting triple-nuked from orbit and the eastern Great Lakes being quite volatile). I was initially thinking that Rochester, MN would have been the capital due to it's world renowned clinic has treated both U.S. Presidents and world leaders, a position I am certain it continues to hold for centuries to come.

Would the Restorationists be like the Enclave from Fallout (U.S./Canadian Goverment 2: Post-Apocalyptic Boogaloo) or could there be mild tweaking on how their govt. functions?

EDIT: I sincerely doubt that mutants would be considered "pets"/slaves, save for being "seperate but equal" due to a desire to preserve humanity, but I think a Mutant pathfinder/courier could be well? Or hailing from the fringe territories of the Restorationist/Provincial Republic of North America?

The main difference between Fallouts Enclave and Gamma World's Restorationist is the lack of a 'Purist' doctrine with in the Restorationist. Where Fallout's Enclave seeks to 'purge' the wasteland the Restorationists do not. Humanoids existed before the Social Wars thanks to Weaponized Mutagen used during the Proxy Wars that took place during the Cold War of the 22nd Century. That and the genetically enhanced Super Soldiers of those conflicts which comulated in the formation of the World Government in the 23rd century. This government issued the Domar as global currency (transparent plastic disks about the size of a coin whose value was indicated by color). The US was part of this government (which is why dollars where not in circulation during the Social Wars); though as history is largely lost I do not know the details of this World Government. I do know the US existed during the Social Wars because of 'SAMURAI' (Sub-Aqua Marine United Research And Investigation) which was established by the US Government in 2284 (which is way into the 23rd Century).

Edit: What I mean is that Humanoids and Pure Strain Humans are equally treated under the law so you don't need to worry about the Restorationist having some Purist agenda. For that you'd have to see the actual Purist or in a flip the Iron Society.

The idea of Mutant Animals being a form of slave comes as a natural evolution of existing laws regarding pets. While the RP didn't get any interest I did launch one to explore the concept.

This is an excert;

"Animals have long been kept as pets by humans, tended by, and cared for. When the decedents of the pets who survived the Social Wars began to exhibit signs of a child like intellect, and eventually speech it was only natural for the humans to continue to look after them as their ancestors had in the past. Much has changed since those early years, the pets have become smarter then they had been, and the city has grown. With these developments, have come adjustments in the legal code to compensate."

Masters
There are many masters in Rikhman, with the majority of the population having at least one evolved pet, as the individuals are known. The demeaner of the masters are rather diverse; ranging from almost familial in relation to their pets, to detached, and domineering. Pet keeping is a rather rooted tradition in Rikhman, one the residents will widely defend.

Pets
The Pets of Rikhman are a near human lot, both in bodily build, and intellect, descended primarily from cats, and dogs, who having been the largest of the pet populations during the Social Wars had plenty of genetic stock to develop under the effects of biological weaponry. Stray animals are either looked upon with sympathy (having no home, and having to find food on their own), or with a slight distrust as their is no telling how a creature whose become accustomed to the wild might react to a human. Pets are subject to a number of laws meant for the safety of themselves, and their Human masters.
  • Pet must have clear indication of ownership at all times, the most common form of this is a collar, and tag with the individuals name, the owner's name, and contact information. Animals found with out identification are to be taken to one of three Animal Shelters to be tended to in the hopes that someone will take them in.
  • Bestiality is forbidden, and punishable for either party involved. Animals will be 'fixed', while humans will be subject to 8 weeks of imprisonment, and a 340 Domar fine for indecency.
  • Pets are the responsibility of their owners, and thus any action the pet takes can be a reflection upon the owner. The owner is obliged to provided some form of covering, shelter, and food for their pet who in turn is expected to be loyal to the master. An owner may disown a pet at anytime, sending them to one of the shelters is the legal requirement for this, though some simply kick them out of the house, with out identification, making them one of the stray. Pets are not allowed to make medical decisions for themselves.
  • A pet may not harm a human. The master will be expected to pay for treatment of any intentional harm an animal does to a human, or to another pet. If a pet kills a human the pet shall be put down. Rikhman has a single Black Ray pistol, a weapon that instantly kills any target, for the express purpose of execution. The quick nature of the death, and lack of visible harm to the body, makes the Black Ray pistol a humane tool for putting the animal down.
  • Pets may only enter establishments, or use facilities that have been set aside, or licensed for their service. This includes drinking fountains, restrooms, restaurants, and entertainment. Some stores may have signs forbidding an animal from entering unaccompanied by a human, or entering at all. Animals who break the law are held at the Pound, which is an animal only prison, and correctional facility with in Rikhman.

Now I certainly do think their to be a faction with in the group that would extend to these mutant animals equal liberty; and I think said faction is motivated by a misconception regarding the past. Namely that they look upon the anthropomorphic animal characters of past media and believe that like Humanoids - Mutant Animals not only lived prior to the Social Wars but functioned as part of society. Said faction would be known to be in error due to CEEPs whose residents would be able to show that such wasn't the case and confirm said faction to be in error. (said faction is probably linked to, if the 2nd bulletin above is sound, an already existing population of criminal deviants and/or to people who just don't want to take responsibility for the actions of their pet)

It's a bit like another sub faction that believes Superheroes existed in the world before the Social Wars and thus would like to create a society where such heroes can live again. Said faction having a misconception due to old world media- like Comics for example or live action TV shows akin to 'Agents of SHIELD'.

... perhaps I'm not understanding the question regarding the government; can you be specific on the 'tweeking' you have in mind and if you desire I will elaborate on what I've stated above- I do want to be clear and to understand your questions.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 pm

I was wondering where a Mutant Animal out-of towner would be like, or if every mutant is in a rather patronizing relationship with the Restorationist northerners? My initial idea is that my guy was a courier/veteran pathfinder who ran shipments along the old Missippi, and stayed in the town as sort of a goodwill ambassador. Would this still be feasible?
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Danceria wrote:I was wondering where a Mutant Animal out-of towner would be like, or if every mutant is in a rather patronizing relationship with the Restorationist northerners? My initial idea is that my guy was a courier/veteran pathfinder who ran shipments along the old Missippi, and stayed in the town as sort of a goodwill ambassador. Would this still be feasible?

I do not at this time. I know a Mutant Animal can't technically be part of the Restorationist but that being a Mutant Animal wouldn't exclude one form the society- it'd just place one in a lower position.

Actually- you said Courier/pathfinder- the Felyne from Monster Hunter come to my mind- they are owned, sentient, and as with Pets in Restorationist culture; well- there are obligations masters have regarding Felynes/Restorationist Pets.

Some Felynes rise out of servitude into some position of authority- I suppose that with Pets there could be a 'Self Owning' category some communities offer- you'd still not be able to vote, run for office I suppose but you also would just need proof of self ownership to bypass the laws regarding ownership- you are accountable for your own actions rather then someone else being accountable.

The only other thing I can think of is if your master saw you happy down here and decided to let you go after some event. To be honest- such sounds more likely then 'self owning'- the idea that you where let go. Yeah it makes you a stray but Restorationist Law- but not a run away and who knows your former master might help you if you can contact them if you get in trouble back north.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:47 pm

TL;RD: Be a Humanoid. Or be an Amish Mutant boi.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Danceria wrote:TL;RD: Be a Humanoid. Or be an Amish Mutant boi.

Thinking of being a Seeker ay?
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:54 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:TL;RD: Be a Humanoid. Or be an Amish Mutant boi.

Thinking of being a Seeker ay?

If anything, I'd honestly be the Mutant equivalent of a Restorationist. He's seen what the technology can do, how it can help people...he just doesn't want to be chained/be a pet to someone (but he won't turn his nose up at headpats or ear scratching). Perhaps be from one of the Mutant civilizations that arose naturally after the Black Years? I would assume many of the Restorationist high command be in cryostasis long enough for a few nation-state to rise to power and be a roadblock.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 am

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Thinking of being a Seeker ay?

If anything, I'd honestly be the Mutant equivalent of a Restorationist. He's seen what the technology can do, how it can help people...he just doesn't want to be chained/be a pet to someone (but he won't turn his nose up at headpats or ear scratching). Perhaps be from one of the Mutant civilizations that arose naturally after the Black Years? I would assume many of the Restorationist high command be in cryostasis long enough for a few nation-state to rise to power and be a roadblock.

That's the Gamma World. These are some examples but not a list you have to choose from. Just an idea of states mentioned thus far. Even Higgendsvyll falls under this category.

Edit: Oh and one can't forget the Bonapartist Empire, I really should make a page on it specifically.

As for how long it's been, this RP is set in 2583 which is 283 years after the Social Wars. It's still a bit early in the timeline compared to other RPs in the setting. Not as early as 'The Early Years' but after 2451 when 'Mutation began to run rampant'; as the rules say so I assume that's the point Mutant Animals began to rapidly develop into a more human like form and intellect.

Come to think of it the Bonapartist may be rather young- I don't know when they arose and the biograophy of their founder is a fabrication based on pre-war media; so it's hard to tell when they actually did get established.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 am

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:If anything, I'd honestly be the Mutant equivalent of a Restorationist. He's seen what the technology can do, how it can help people...he just doesn't want to be chained/be a pet to someone (but he won't turn his nose up at headpats or ear scratching). Perhaps be from one of the Mutant civilizations that arose naturally after the Black Years? I would assume many of the Restorationist high command be in cryostasis long enough for a few nation-state to rise to power and be a roadblock.

That's the Gamma World. These are some examples but not a list you have to choose from. Just an idea of states mentioned thus far. Even Higgendsvyll falls under this category.

Edit: Oh and one can't forget the Bonapartist Empire, I really should make a page on it specifically.

As for how long it's been, this RP is set in 2583 which is 283 years after the Social Wars. It's still a bit early in the timeline compared to other RPs in the setting. Not as early as 'The Early Years' but after 2451 when 'Mutation began to run rampant'; as the rules say so I assume that's the point Mutant Animals began to rapidly develop into a more human like form and intellect.

Come to think of it the Bonapartist may be rather young- I don't know when they arose and the biograophy of their founder is a fabrication based on pre-war media; so it's hard to tell when they actually did get established.

My initial thought of a polity was in Daerland and up to the Yoobar peninsula. While not as rich in iron as Dooloot, it relies upon it's proximity to the River and Lakes for trade, and is famed for its shipmen. They follow an odd mix of Norse, Polish, Prussian, Native, Greco-Roman and Old American Culture, speaking a more Scandinavian dialect of Amish called Nor-die-sh. They could've arisen during the Early Years and consolidated power around the universities of lower MN and Iowa, and became more civilized, modelling themselves like the Bonapartists in the east around names such as MacArthur, Sun-Tzu, and Frederick the Great. In practice, it's more of a confederation of city-states and tribes than an out-and out kingdom, but some Clans hold vast swaths of territory in their name, either by marriage or conquest. With the rise of the Awakers (the Daerlander term for the Restorationists), their technology was matched only by large populace and an on again off again alliance with the Amish to the south. Perhaps he could be one of the more "untameable" species (Like a bear, coyote, gray wolf, fox, or a badger) which is why he's not a pet.

I just don't want to be a pet is all, I just find it weird that allegedly sapient animals that know how to make tools would debase themselves to pethood. I'd also like to think that the Humanoids/Pure Humans who weren't in Vault Fallout to have a respect/fear for the Mutant Animals.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That's the Gamma World. These are some examples but not a list you have to choose from. Just an idea of states mentioned thus far. Even Higgendsvyll falls under this category.

My initial thought of a polity was in Daerland and up to the Yoobar peninsula. While not as rich in iron as Dooloot, it relies upon it's proximity to the River and Lakes for trade, and is famed for its shipmen. They follow an odd mix of Norse, Polish, Prussian, Native, Greco-Roman and Old American Culture, speaking a more Scandinavian dialect of Amish called Nor-die-sh. They could've arisen during the Early Years and consolidated power around the universities of lower MN and Iowa, and became more civilized, modelling themselves like the Bonapartists in the east around names such as MacArthur, Sun-Tzu, and Frederick the Great. In practice, it's more of a confederation of city-states and tribes than an out-and out kingdom, but some Clans hold vast swaths of territory in their name, either by marriage or conquest. With the rise of the Awakers (the Daerlander term for the Restorationists), their technology was matched only by large populace and an on again off again alliance with the Amish to the south. Perhaps he could be one of the more "untameable" species (Like a bear, coyote, gray wolf, fox, or a badger) which is why he's not a pet.

I just don't want to be a pet is all, I just find it weird that allegedly sapient animals that know how to make tools would debase themselves to pethood. I'd also like to think that the Humanoids/Pure Humans who weren't in Vault Fallout to have a respect/fear for the Mutant Animals.

Those work especially the tribal/clan part. And you are right about the Humanoids and Pures in regards to respect - just look at the make up of Clan Cambol. I'd elaborate but you've given me motive to explore the world further and I'd like to do so.

However I was surprised this morning by an appointment around 4 (so rather soon) in regards to an investment I desire to make. I wasn't able to post yesterday due to waiting on that meeting which was moved to today. Still it might not last long- I think. In short go with this and I'll review the application when I return and hopefully post so we can move closer to departure. I'll have to TG Forest.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:20 pm

I just back got. A bit tired; but the meeting went well- the latest I can expect a return is October- the earliest is in August. Tomorrow is gonna be a rush day at work- I just hope ya'll can hold out for me; and I do appreciate your patience thus far.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Harbertia wrote:I just back got. A bit tired; but the meeting went well- the latest I can expect a return is October- the earliest is in August. Tomorrow is gonna be a rush day at work- I just hope ya'll can hold out for me; and I do appreciate your patience thus far.

No worries, I'm still trying to make a drifter from a place outside of Higgensville.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I just back got. A bit tired; but the meeting went well- the latest I can expect a return is October- the earliest is in August. Tomorrow is gonna be a rush day at work- I just hope ya'll can hold out for me; and I do appreciate your patience thus far.

No worries, I'm still trying to make a drifter from a place outside of Higgensville.

:) I do hope to see said character tomorrow. I understand that it'll take some time but I can hope. I've still got to see about keeping the IC moving though.

I hope we get to explore the world soon. I'm just a little concerned about Forest- I've been looking forward to his activity in the IC; and really need to get his character listed in the OP post. Wow I've got stuff to do for this XD like get an encounter sheet going! XD hahahhaa
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:41 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:No worries, I'm still trying to make a drifter from a place outside of Higgensville.

:) I do hope to see said character tomorrow. I understand that it'll take some time but I can hope. I've still got to see about keeping the IC moving though.

I hope we get to explore the world soon. I'm just a little concerned about Forest- I've been looking forward to his activity in the IC; and really need to get his character listed in the OP post. Wow I've got stuff to do for this XD like get an encounter sheet going! XD hahahhaa

I am also concerned about Forest, he hasn’t posted in 6 days I think. Also how does the weather/natural disaster system work?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Yellowstone- wrote:
Harbertia wrote::) I do hope to see said character tomorrow. I understand that it'll take some time but I can hope. I've still got to see about keeping the IC moving though.

I am also concerned about Forest, he hasn’t posted in 6 days I think. Also how does the weather/natural disaster system work?

I'll make a list of weather conditions and assign numbers to each; with different values for different regions. (Savanah for example)

I'll roll three times for each day; morning, evening and afternoon weather.

While our character's don't have stats I'll still consider their conditions- as in it's probably best to get out of the rain if it comes and while difficult in the plains we should avoid twisters. Sometimes we might get radiated- it depends.

I also have to get an encounter sheet going- while I have some encounters in mind I still need some randomness to it- especially since I'll be a character and the GM (game master).

If you have a suggestion to improve the system I'll be pleased to hear it. I know I'm worried- my character has zero poison immunity and if Forest doesn't get back on- well- the chances of him getting an antidote with in 20 SECONDS is made- practically zero. In which case, he'll die :?

Also he has a phobia of talking plants so- that's going to interesting :shock:
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote:I am also concerned about Forest, he hasn’t posted in 6 days I think. Also how does the weather/natural disaster system work?

I'll make a list of weather conditions and assign numbers to each; with different values for different regions. (Savanah for example)

While our character's don't have stats I'll still consider their conditions- as in it's probably best to get out of the rain if it comes and while difficult in the plains we should avoid twisters. Sometimes we might get radiated- it depends.

I also have to get an encounter sheet going- while I have some encounters in mind I still need some randomness to it- especially since I'll be a character and the GM (game master).

If you have a suggestion to improve the system I'll be pleased to hear it. I know I'm worried- my character has zero poison immunity and if Forest doesn't get back on- well- the chances of him getting an antidote with in 20 SECONDS is made- practically zero. In which case, he'll die :?

*Bashes head in how do I drifter?*
Obligatory Quotes below

Yellowstone-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Yellowstone- » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Yellowstone- wrote:I am also concerned about Forest, he hasn’t posted in 6 days I think. Also how does the weather/natural disaster system work?

Well if we encounter an EF5 tornado we are doomed

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I'll make a list of weather conditions and assign numbers to each; with different values for different regions. (Savanah for example)

*Bashes head in how do I drifter?*

That is a good question... I have been wondering how you'd get involved in the pathfinding expedition- the rest of us are volunteers from the community (well save Sino you is helping because he's a kind helpful soul and I love it ^_^ ) - I ... imagine you've been hired? Maybe? I've never actually played drifter characters before- I'm usually a local- I mean- sure Jadget isn't technically part of the community or perhaps just doens't consider himself part of it- it's not the Jaget way to serve a group (which is why he's mostly along for Damien). hm...
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:*Bashes head in how do I drifter?*

That is a good question... I have been wondering how you'd get involved in the pathfinding expedition- the rest of us are volunteers from the community (well save Sino you is helping because he's a kind helpful soul and I love it ^_^ ) - I ... imagine you've been hired? Maybe? I've never actually played drifter characters before- I'm usually a local- I mean- sure Jadget isn't technically part of the community or perhaps just doens't consider himself part of it- it's not the Jaget way to serve a group (which is why he's mostly along for Damien). hm...

I was thinking initially of being from a community elsewhere, interested in seeking out new tech. Perhaps my idea of a mutant animal finding Old Tech so his people can get more rights...?
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That is a good question... I have been wondering how you'd get involved in the pathfinding expedition- the rest of us are volunteers from the community (well save Sino you is helping because he's a kind helpful soul and I love it ^_^ ) - I ... imagine you've been hired? Maybe? I've never actually played drifter characters before- I'm usually a local- I mean- sure Jadget isn't technically part of the community or perhaps just doens't consider himself part of it- it's not the Jaget way to serve a group (which is why he's mostly along for Damien). hm...

I was thinking initially of being from a community elsewhere, interested in seeking out new tech. Perhaps my idea of a mutant animal finding Old Tech so his people can get more rights...?

If that's the motive one would have to wonder why your character considers a trip to a lush land untouched by radiation where trees are said to be as wide as ships is appealing- as it doesn't really shout 'technology!' XD hahahaha
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:I was thinking initially of being from a community elsewhere, interested in seeking out new tech. Perhaps my idea of a mutant animal finding Old Tech so his people can get more rights...?

If that's the motive one would have to wonder why your character considers a trip to a lush land untouched by radiation where trees are said to be as wide as ships is appealing- as it doesn't really shout 'technology!' XD hahahaha

Or maybe a promised land for his own people, make their own Restorationist faction. With mutants and masterminds!
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse