NATION

PASSWORD

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters [OOC / ALWAYS OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Preferred Activity Level?

Every Day
No votes
Multiple Times a Week
44%
Twice a Week
44%
Weekly
11%
Few times every Two Weeks
No votes

Total votes : 9

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Name: Lady Maria of the Workshop Hunters
Gender or Sex: Female
Class: Hunter

Personality:A fanatical Hunter for the Workshop, her duty and skill is only matched by her quiet, kind demeanor. While a strict leader over her men, she is a nurturing soul to the people of Yharnam. A follower of the Healing Church, she is devout even though her proximity to the inner workings of the church has left her slightly jaded. Loyal to her peers and a true friend to all, her serious attitude hides a more sensitive side; however, that will not prevent her from asserting her ideas or thoughts into the conversation.

She carries herself high, and from initial appearance would almost seem as if she holds herself high above the rest. This is not the case, her demeanor is one carefully curtailed during her childhood as a Noble of Cainhurst; even years later, the teachings are still ingrained into her head.

Backstory: Born to a prestigious Cainhurst Noble Family during the tumultuous Independence Wars, Maria grew up in a sheltered and decadent lifestyle. The feudal family often inter-married with Royalty, leading Maria to be childhood friends with many Prince and Princesses. Even after the end of the war and Yharnam Independence secured, economic elites from both nations would often intermingle for their own benefit. Maria's early life was full of Illustrious Galas and Fantastical Balls; the young beauty was expected to keep up appearances and after her first Menarche, was expected to marry some far off Noblemen from Kataryna. However, even as a child she demonstrated a curious disposition, the handmaidens would often find her roaming the Castle or venturing outside to the Commoner's Housing. Her first introduction of combat came from watching the Sparring Sessions between Knights; wielding their Blood Blades, their dexterity and skill left a great impression on the young Heiress.

While her Farther sought to keep her relatively uneducated, for he saw the value of women in their ability to raise a child, her mother would often send for tutors and scholars that educated the Young Maria on the state of Nature and Life. From Archaeology to Biology to Mathematics, she excelled in most areas of study; however it was the arrival of one scholar from Byrgenwerth would set her on a new path. An student of Laurence rather than Willem, the Scholar would often pepper the teachings with quasi-religious teachings and folklore, painting the Great Ones as more Gods than literal Beings. As the Healing Church's dogma reached the castle, her parents dismissed them as mere myth, while Maria would soon become a secret acolyte of the Faith.

Years of poor harvests and bad investments had left her Father a shell of his former self, an older brother to a much more successful counterpart. As his Brother leveraged to take the Family Home for him, plots and enemies were everywhere in his mind. Disagreements about the education of Maria, as well as her Father's many secret night outings, had eroded the relationship between her parents. Her Mother and her Father were rarely seen in the same room, and Maria was forced to contend with both; all the while expected to keep up appearances. Reaching the age of 12, Maria began to spend greater and greater time with the Commoners, specifically an Old Knight who had taken retirement outside of her castle. This was the first time that Maria used the Chikage and discovered the true extent of her Blood's abilities; the Old Knight took the impressionable young teenager under his tutelage. As a close relative of Cainhurst Nobility, the inherent power of her blood magic was much greater than the average knight. Although training was difficult, Maria excelled; while she lacked the pure strength of her male counterpart, she demonstrated success in her dexterity and skill aptitude. By the time she turned 16, she would often fight and win against the most dangerous of Blood Knights.

However her Father's isolation in his room was soon to end. With word of his debts defaulting and his brother recent travel to Cainhurst, her Father soon began taking out his anger against anyone in his way. Having the same inherent abilities as Maria, but lacking training, he would often blatantly kill servants and serfs as a way to demonstrate his diminishing power. Maria and her mother would often recoil in fear as he walked through the halls, while he did not use his powers against them, he found other ways to torment them. The depravity of those sessions still haunt Maria; his demonstration of his blood abilities against the serfs did away with Maria's previous notions of chivalry and civility. When first taught the powers of Blood Magic, she imagined Knights in Shining Armor protecting the innocent. However, the reckless abuse and depravity he forced on her, her mother, and their servants destroyed her once child like imagination; these knights sworn to protect the innocent watched as their Lord Paramount hurt the innocent, and they did nothing. They stood there, as silent as ever.

What happened next is still a blur to Maria, loose images and actions can still be pieced together, but she doesn't much try to remember. What she does remember is her Father hurting her Mother, and her Chikage in her hand. Beyond that, its too painful to think about. After everything was said and done, she was the only one who left that room; she swore off Blood Blades and her Chikage, her power will come from skill, not her inherited traits. She ventured to her room and collected her necessities for the journey, then she went to the armory and retrieved a Rakuyo. This weapon didn't need blood to use. She could of stayed, maybe the Knights would understand, but she felt so sick of that place that she had no desire to stay.

Venturing south to Yharnam by foot, she wished to join the Church. Maybe she would take the Black and live out the rest of her days at a Monastery, although she feared she would be rejected because of what she had lost. However, it would be an encounter at an Inn of the Crossroads that changed everything; arriving there, she found the Inn eerily quiet. Entering the establishment she found the candles still burning but three bodies littered across the floor; smashed alcohol bottles, pistols, and swords covered the wooden boards. Seeking to investigate further, the quiet was interrupted by hushed and coarse breathing; a man sat at the edge of the room wrapped in bandages as if too hide himself. Brandishing her Rakuyo, the man turned around to reveal early signs of lycanthropy with fur jutting out of the wraps and his long stretched out limbs. He quickly pounced and demonstrated his impressive strength and speed, throwing her across the room. Even though she was armed, he was just too strong as he easily broke her left arm. Emptying her Evelyn into his Chest, he barely flinched. She could use her blood abilities, but she vowed never to do that. As he approached ever slowly, she stood up and composed herself, then attacked. With impressive ferocity for an ordinary human, she demonstrated impressive technique that prevented the monster from taking the momentum. In less than a minute she held her head high, while his head rolled across the floor. It wasn't until after the fight she noticed another man standing there with a scythe and grin on his face.

Gehrman took in the young woman, and taught her everything he knew. She was his first protege and true friend, and over the last ten years they have stayed by their sides as they trained dozens of new Hunters. From Ludwig to Logarius, each hunter would see themselves as students of hers. While Gehrman and others wished for more, as all men do with pretty girls, the scares from her past blinds her from their advances. When going through the Blood Ministration Ritual, many with in the Church wished to see how her innate blood abilities would combine with the ritual, yet she never tested it. Hunters must stay away from desires of death and power; for that is how they keep their humanity. Maria teaches her hunters the necessities of speed and restraint, and utilizes Cainhurst techniques to demonstrate how to hide in the shadows. While many within the Church hierarchy criticize her for her for either her uncleanliness, her background, or both; she ignores them, she is loyal to the gods, not man.
Attributes.
Quickening: a practitioner of the art of Quickening, a technique particular to the first hunters. Through this technique she pioneered, she is able to quickstep much quicker than most hunters, even faster than our eyes perception.

Daughter of Cainhurst: Born into an illustrious family of Cainhurst Nobility, she has a great insight into the inner workings of politics and civility within the region
Equipment:
Rakuyo, Evelyn, Maria's Hunters Outfit

Since I accept myself, what do you guys think?
Last edited by North America Inc on Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:18 pm

North America Inc wrote:
-snip-

It's really good. I like how you added the title "of the Workshop Hunters" after her name just like how she was "Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower" in the game.

You also did a good job connecting to the lore by expanding her backstory relating to her past in Cainhurst and her first meeting with Gehrman. The only thing I'm unsure about would be her seniority over Ludwig and Logarius. Though the Healing Church Workshop did come later after Gehrman's Workshop was abandoned in the waking world, so it does make sense for Maria to be a mentor figure since she was Gehrman's first apprentice.

Anyway, the lore could get somewhat murky, but I think you've incorporated it well in Maria's backstory like I said. (Just noticed that you even noted Maria's distaste for using blood and connected it to the Chikage, which is another plus imo.) ;)
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
North America Inc wrote:
-snip-

It's really good. I like how you added the title "of the Workshop Hunters" after her name just like how she was "Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower" in the game.

You also did a good job connecting to the lore by expanding her backstory relating to her past in Cainhurst and her first meeting with Gehrman. The only thing I'm unsure about would be her seniority over Ludwig and Logarius. Though the Healing Church Workshop did come later after Gehrman's Workshop was abandoned in the waking world, so it does make sense for Maria to be a mentor figure since she was Gehrman's first apprentice.

Anyway, the lore could get somewhat murky, but I think you've incorporated it well in Maria's backstory like I said. (Just noticed that you even noted Maria's distaste for using blood and connected it to the Chikage, which is another plus imo.) ;)

Thanks, I tried to connect the various points into something that could work as a back story. I agree with your point about the Healing Church Hunters though, the lore is very vague about when they arose, we only about the burning but that's it.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 pm

So what do you guys think of Discord?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 pm

North America Inc wrote:So what do you guys think of Discord?

Wouldn't mind it, but it tends to stop activity in the OC and make people think the RP's dead.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:So what do you guys think of Discord?

Wouldn't mind it, but it tends to stop activity in the OC and make people think the RP's dead.

It was suggested to me and I was worried that might happen. So is that a no vote for you? Have you ever used discord in a RP before?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:17 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Wouldn't mind it, but it tends to stop activity in the OC and make people think the RP's dead.

It was suggested to me and I was worried that might happen. So is that a no vote for you? Have you ever used discord in a RP before?

Multiple times, even for an RP I tried to do before irl made me stop.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:It was suggested to me and I was worried that might happen. So is that a no vote for you? Have you ever used discord in a RP before?

Multiple times, even for an RP I tried to do before irl made me stop.

And it never worked out?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:22 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Multiple times, even for an RP I tried to do before irl made me stop.

And it never worked out?

It did, just had a tendency to shift activity to the discord and making people believe it was dead despite the IC was still fairly active.

I wouldn't mind being on discord since it allows people to real time chat.
Last edited by Ralnis on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 pm

Ralnis wrote:
North America Inc wrote:And it never worked out?

It did, just had a tendency to shift activity to the discord and making people believe it was dead despite the IC was still fairly active.

Maybe if we get a few more people in the RP then it could work. I was hoping for between seven to ten people in the RP, what do you guys think?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:30 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It did, just had a tendency to shift activity to the discord and making people believe it was dead despite the IC was still fairly active.

Maybe if we get a few more people in the RP then it could work. I was hoping for between seven to ten people in the RP, what do you guys think?

I could go with that.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:57 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It did, just had a tendency to shift activity to the discord and making people believe it was dead despite the IC was still fairly active.

I could go either way. I do agree that we need a few more people first, though.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:12 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Danceria wrote:
Name:Lt. Sigmund Jannesson van Kataryn, of the 208th Mobile Medical Post, and by extension, the 34th Infantry Battalion. Affectionately known as “Doc” or “Doc Sig”.
Gender or Sex: Male

Class: The Determinator The Haunted “Eh, some new face in town. Says ‘e’s a doc from the War. Hardly touches Blood, can ya believe it?”
“Heard ‘e’s from the outskirts, all th’ way from Kataryna.”
“The blokes who “chase th’ son” or somesuch? He’ll get in right trouble wi’ the Church.”
“Strange thing is, he isn’t, oft’n pitches in at the medical wards whenever they’re short on staff. He knows all sorts o’ stuff ‘bout medicine without usin’ blood. If he weren’t always buttin’ ‘eads with th’ head doctors o’er when ta’ use Blood, I’d reckon he’d be in Byrgenwerth.”
“Odd fellow tha’ Sigmund...an odd duck indeed…”
Personality: Jovial and upbeat, he is seen as a stalwart source of sunny disposition in an otherwise bleak city. Rather down to earth, he would rather spend a night at the tavern gambling or exercising rather than the cloak and dagger antics of Yharnam, and will often be seen as a source of fatherly advice and comfort to the downtrodden of people.

Despite his veterancy during the Independence War and his skill in medicine, his relationship with the Healing Church is...complicated. On one hand, he is a follower of the Covenant of Solestus, the deities worshipped by those residing outside of Yharnam during the War and during the days of Cainhurst, often referred to as the Ancient Ones or the True Gods, so he is considered an apostate by the more fanatic members of the Church. Sigmond in turn views the over-use of Blood as styming medical progress, rather than aiding the downtrodden to live healthy lifestyles, and feels uneasy in the various chapels of the Healing Church. Nevertheless, the few who know him cannot deny his compassion for the ailed and needy, nor his skill in medicine outside of Blood Ministration. Some of the more cynical residents of the city disdain his charitable nature, and residing in squalor along with the ne’er do wells.

Through interaction with him, one can reveal more about life outside of Yharnam, about his life as a family doctor in a decent sized but well knit town. His service, and shenanigans of soldiers. With luck, and if he is in a particularly good mood on a rather cold, may even tell you the time about how he played shuffleboard using a group of Cainhurst Flaymen during a frigid northern winter.

Despite his jovial nature, he often spends time alone with scholars and clerics, discussing medicine, swapping stories and small talk, or just napping. Modern psychologists would diagnose the Katarynan with mild narcolepsy and a most unusual form of PTSD. His nightmares rarely involve the men who died around him, or the experiences of the war. If he had to hazard a guess, Sigmond received this after...encountering…something he’s certainly not talking about.
Backstory: Born in the County of Kataryna, near the border of Cainhurst proper and Austorea, Sigmond was the eldest and sole son of Dr. Jannes Zelig van Kataryn, former physician for the Count and Countess of Kataryna, of whose jolly and charitable nature left a profound impact upon the young Zigmond. Due to Kataryna’s proximity to Cainhurst, and the tumultuous nature of the times, many Blood Knights rode through the city, often placing it under occupation as they rode to dispatch rebels and ride over to the Eastern Campaign. Frustrated with the occupation of his home village, and enthralled by the revolutionary pamphlets that were dispersed in secret, Sigmond eventually snuck away from his home to join the Yharnamite Army.

His knowledge of medicine earned him a spot on one of the many medical outfits needed to keep the army sustained, and his proximity to the front lines meant that he would have his hands full.

Rumors of foul beasts, frenzied riders butchering all in their path, and illicit rituals calling upon heinous powers of blood and shadow would find their way down to the home front. This was in one part used as religious propaganda by the budding Church, denounced as heresy, and considered classified information.

He returned home a changed man in many ways. For one thing, he had a shiny medal and a decent pension for his services, and for the fact he survived much of the war. For another, he became...distant, brooding, and solitary. Sigmond’s nights were filled with tumultuous dreams and hallucinations, whose intensity eventually died down through prayer and interacting with the community once again. Now they became less intense, but more consistent. They became less of good memories gone horrendously wrong, of half-dead comrades laughing while bleeding, and dancing in their own gore. Silently, did the skyline of Yharnam linger in his mind night after night.

While not wholly a man who believes in soothsaying or dreams, a mix of faith for the Ancient Flame and curiosity for closure caused him to seek out Byrgenwerth and the old City.
Attributes
(Erm...I think this is where I place my stats…?)
2 Might, 2 Influence, 2 Cunning, 1 Lore, 2 Will
Ability: Fervent Drive
Sub/Optional Negotiable Ability that can be deleted if need be: Pluck Ultra.
Some men shit their pants at the sight of a Great Old One, others tell them to eat said shit and kick them in the gonads. The frightening does not faze this man, and in fact, rushes him with adrenaline. Whether this be from idealistic courage, iron discipline, or because he knows that there are far more dangerous things above him…
Other Sub/Optional Negotiable Ability that can be deleted if need be:
Combat Comfort: From patching someone up on the battlefield, to encouraging them off it, for whatever reason, this man says that the world’s troubles are “as big as you make them to be”. Somehow, you almost believe him.

Equipment:Possibly his old repeating rifle/gun he kept from the war, and a medicine kit, as well as various textbooks pertaining to medicine, a small pendant of a blazing sun, a medal for valorous service, along with a photo of his old outfit before being deployed (he’s the farthest one on the left, bottom row)
Appearance:Sigmond is a rather stout individual, not nearly as tall as he’d like to be, with stormy grey eyes and paling blonde hair. He keeps himself stockily fit, but age and a few nights at the Tavern has made him slightly pudgy. When he speaks, it is a pleasantly accented baritone, mingling learned vocabulary with almost whimsical phrases and adages. When amused, it can range from a sly and sardonic chuckle to a bellowing bark, though when ired, that same bellowing will only be laced with as many adjectives and pronouns as it takes to kill an enemy, or for you to do your job.

(Erase Everything in Parenthesis) (How ‘bout I don’t? :P)

So you're a civilian?

Newcomer, unless a civilian would be better.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Danceria wrote:
North America Inc wrote:So you're a civilian?

Newcomer, unless a civilian would be better.

Considering your background , it would make more sense for a civilian.

Also increase your age to your forties, it's been a while since the independence wars.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:30 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Danceria wrote:Newcomer, unless a civilian would be better.

Considering your background , it would make more sense for a civilian.

Also increase your age to your forties, it's been a while since the independence wars.

Oof. Will do, but I'm definitely gonna have a target on my back, being the (self proclaimed) party medic and all.

Any recommendations for starting weapons? Something speedy so that way Sig can pop a beast in the snout whilst patching someone up.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Danceria wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Considering your background , it would make more sense for a civilian.

Oof. Will do, but I'm definitely gonna have a target on my back, being the (self proclaimed) party medic and all.

Any recommendations for starting weapons? Something speedy so that way Sig can pop a beast in the snout whilst patching someone up.

Any real world firearm made before 1820 is fine. I'll have a list of Bloodborne/ Dark Should Weapons up tomorrow if you want to wait.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Danceria wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Considering your background , it would make more sense for a civilian.

Who needs medicine when you have the good blood? Crude instruments pale before the wonders of the Old Blood and Blood Ministration! :p

At least that's what my character would assert. She will probably butt heads with your good doctor on the topic of blood at least, if not scorn his skepticism towards what she perceives as the most holy of all mediums.

As a *former blood saint, she would feel obliged to share her blood to the party to heal any wounds in any case, if not refill any emptied blood vials (so long as the effort doesn't prove too draining of course. She could only give so much blood before getting dizzy and disoriented herself after all).
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Danceria wrote:Oof. Will do, but I'm definitely gonna have a target on my back, being the (self proclaimed) party medic and all.

Who needs medicine when you have the good blood? Crude instruments pale before the wonders of the Old Blood and Blood Ministration! :p

At least that's what my character would assert. She will probably butt heads with your good doctor on the topic of blood at least, if not scorn his skepticism towards what she perceives as the most holy of all mediums.

As a blood saint, she would feel obliged to share her blood to the party to heal any wounds in any case, if not refill any emptied blood vials (so long as the effort doesn't prove too draining of course. She could only give so much blood before getting dizzy and disoriented herself after all).

I thought she wasn't a blood saint anymore?

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

As a blood saint, she would feel obliged to share her blood to the party to heal any wounds in any case, if not refill any emptied blood vials (so long as the effort doesn't prove too draining of course. She could only give so much blood before getting dizzy and disoriented herself after all).

I thought she wasn't a blood saint anymore?

Well, the quality of her blood remains the same even after she was inducted into the Choir as a Cleric. In any case, while not required to share her blood to the masses anymore, all habits die hard and she would be the type to sneak off and give blood to the needy (probably the same people she helped out as a saint at least).

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:04 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
North America Inc wrote:I thought she wasn't a blood saint anymore?

Well, the quality of her blood remains the same even after she was inducted into the Choir as a Cleric. In any case, while not required to share her blood to the masses anymore, all habits die hard and she would be the type to sneak off and give blood to the needy (probably the same people she helped out as a saint at least).

Oh so, since we have both our characters did you want to lay out our history together?

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:07 am

North America Inc wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Oh so, since we have both our characters did you want to lay out our history together?

Sure. Did you have anything in mind?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:15 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Oh so, since we have both our characters did you want to lay out our history together?

Well it was up to you, maybe we have heard of each other somehow? Or maybe you don't like me because my blood is umpure? Do an Arianna-Adella Relationship.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:38 am

North America Inc wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Well it was up to you, maybe we have heard of each other somehow? Or maybe you don't like me because my blood is umpure? Do an Arianna-Adella Relationship.

Tbh, I liked the idea of the idol/follower relationship you brought up before, especially in regard to dynamic of two women in positions of power in pre industrial society that I think would be interesting to work with.

In any case, I was thinking that perhaps Ysolde could have been accosted by men bearing signs of Lycanthropy during her trips to the slums (or even at Oedon Chapel or some other Healing Church establishment when she provided blood services to the public, where one of the faithful revealed themselves to be in the late stages of beasthood) in her younger years as a blood saint and was saved by Lady Maria who just happened to be in the area. This in turn would lead to her admiring the good hunter of the workshop from afar as her savior figure that would carry over into her later initiation into the Choir, despite Maria's supposedly "impure" blood.

Not unike Adella's relationship to the Good Hunter in the game in that case. I kinda want to subvert things a bit and add some cognitive dissonance in there about a devout Cleric of the Church admiring someone with unclean blood. ;)

What do you think?
Last edited by Axis Asteroid on Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:50 am

Axis Asteroid wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Well it was up to you, maybe we have heard of each other somehow? Or maybe you don't like me because my blood is umpure? Do an Arianna-Adella Relationship.

Tbh, I liked the idea of the idol/follower relationship you brought up before, especially in regard to dynamic of two women in positions of power in pre industrial society that I think would be interesting to work with.

In any case, I was thinking that perhaps Ysolde could have been accosted by men bearing signs of Lycanthropy during her trips to the slums (or even at Oedon Chapel or some other Healing Church establishment when she provided blood services to the public, where one of the faithful revealed themselves to be in the late stages of beasthood) in her younger years as a blood saint and was saved by Lady Maria who just happened to be in the area. This in turn would lead to her admiring the good hunter of the workshop from afar as her savior figure that would carry over into her later initiation into the Choir, despite Maria's supposedly "impure" blood well into her.

Not unike Adella's relationship to the Good Hunter in the game in that case. I kinda want to subvert things a bit and add some cognitive dissonance in there about a devout Cleric of the Church admiring someone with unclean blood. ;)

What do you think?

That sounds great, works well for the RP. For the background, the slum works better; during the RP I'm having clergy of the church believing that unfaithfulness to Person is what causes beasthood. So you know, they are totally safe!

Also I was going to ask you, if you're young age in the RP, maybe you have a mentor that let you enter the Choir so quickly.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:02 am

North America Inc wrote:That sounds great, works well for the RP. For the background, the slum works better; during the RP I'm having clergy of the church believing that unfaithfulness to Person is what causes beasthood. So you know, they are totally safe!

Also I was going to ask you, if you're young age in the RP, maybe you have a mentor that let you enter the Choir so quickly.

Ah, that's perfect. No reason to fear or doubt the good blood after all. ;) (Tfw Laurence forgot the adage).

As for the mentor, that makes sense, though I can't really think of anyone to fit the role atm due to the lack of named Choir characters (that lived during this time at least) in the game.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse