NATION

PASSWORD

1900: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 am

The reply, Plzen, will be added in later on tonight when I give it a good think.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:38 am

If we can't resolve the issue with Bulgaria, I can always just do an Avar kingdom in Pannonia, though that is less fun.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 am

Sanabel wrote:If we can't resolve the issue with Bulgaria, I can always just do an Avar kingdom in Pannonia, though that is less fun.

Hm, maybe use Russian pressure instead? That would come from the north and thus maybe force you west.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 am

Hey, Sanabel - what parts of your history might intersect with my own? Just wondering...

Also, my first post will be up SoonTM.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Sanabel wrote:If we can't resolve the issue with Bulgaria, I can always just do an Avar kingdom in Pannonia, though that is less fun.

Hm, maybe use Russian pressure instead? That would come from the north and thus maybe force you west.

Could that work in the 10th and 11th century though?

I guess I would need to read the Russia player's history.

The V O I D wrote:Hey, Sanabel - what parts of your history might intersect with my own? Just wondering...

Also, my first post will be up SoonTM.

Trace said wemay have something to iron out with the HRE. AND

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:28 am

Sanabel wrote:Trace said we may have something to iron out with the HRE. AND

Well, what were your plans for the HRE?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:30 am

The V O I D wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Trace said we may have something to iron out with the HRE. AND

I had imagined that the Pechenegs would've went to war with the HRE if it were to exist around 10000-1100, conquering Austria and Bohemia.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 am

Sanabel wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

I had imagined that the Pechenegs would've went to war with the HRE if it were to exist around 10000-1100, conquering Austria and Bohemia.

Ah, well that sounds fine. Considering Prussia's in the northern sphere, it even solves why Prussia may not have noted it since the Prussian history is mostly from the perspective of Prussia (though I could add a note if you or the OP Board wanted me to).

Of course, now the Prussians are right there on the border - eyes hungrily staring upon Austria/Bohemia. But don't worry, some of that "Prussian Hunger" is shared between you and Holland, so it's all okay. :p

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am

Should I retcon where I sent one the Caliph's sons? Because I'd like to have that whole competing European Influence plot started, but it seems that France is a no-show right now.
Last edited by Terminus Pheonix on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:37 am

The V O I D wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I had imagined that the Pechenegs would've went to war with the HRE if it were to exist around 10000-1100, conquering Austria and Bohemia.

Ah, well that sounds fine. Considering Prussia's in the northern sphere, it even solves why Prussia may not have noted it since the Prussian history is mostly from the perspective of Prussia (though I could add a note if you or the OP Board wanted me to).

Of course, now the Prussians are right there on the border - eyes hungrily staring upon Austria/Bohemia. But don't worry, some of that "Prussian Hunger" is shared between you and Holland, so it's all okay. :p

Outside of small German minorities, Austria and Bohemia would be largely Turkicized, with Beç (Vienna) serving as the capitol.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Should I retcon where I sent one the Caliph's sons? Because I'd like to have that whole competing European Influence plot started, but it seems that France is a now-show right now.

I didn't see that you sent them to France. I thought it was simply to Europe.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 am

Sanabel wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Outside of small German minorities, Austria and Bohemia would be largely Turkicized, with Beç (Vienna) serving as the capitol.

Hmm. Fair enough. Perhaps, Prussia will justify it by saying they need to “preserve” those German minorities/cultures (and then promptly try to quietly stamp them out as they do in their own territory), if it comes down to it, but otherwise, I think it should be all good on my end.

Terminus Pheonix
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Pheonix » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:46 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Should I retcon where I sent one the Caliph's sons? Because I'd like to have that whole competing European Influence plot started, but it seems that France is a now-show right now.

I didn't see that you sent them to France. I thought it was simply to Europe.

Ah, my bad, probably should have actually said something about it in the OOC.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:21 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Should I retcon where I sent one the Caliph's sons? Because I'd like to have that whole competing European Influence plot started, but it seems that France is a no-show right now.

Well, the French app was only recently accepted.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 am

Sounds like everything is worked out with Prussia. I just need to figure out a reason for the Pechenegs to migrate West.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:26 am

Terminus Pheonix wrote:Should I retcon where I sent one the Caliph's sons? Because I'd like to have that whole competing European Influence plot started, but it seems that France is a no-show right now.

I'm here... Just haven't posted yet.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Adarna
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Adarna » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: The Atlantic Republic/Atlanta
Territory: The east coast of North America and Bermuda.
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

So, my idea here is that a largely ethnically mixed lower class rose in revolt against its ruling class of european aristocrats for questions related to the distribution of land recently conquered from the natives and their cartels' control over the price of commodities.

The norse app states that it owned two colonies in part of this territory, but sold New Sweden to someone else in the 17th century and lost Vinland to the already republic a long time after that. So, any other empire interested in being the former owner of the rest of what would be my territory? Angloterre, France, Netherlands?

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 am

reserve

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:04 am

Adarna wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: The Atlantic Republic/Atlanta
Territory: The east coast of North America and Bermuda.
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

So, my idea here is that a largely ethnically mixed lower class rose in revolt against its ruling class of european aristocrats for questions related to the distribution of land recently conquered from the natives and their cartels' control over the price of commodities.

The norse app states that it owned two colonies in part of this territory, but sold New Sweden to someone else in the 17th century and lost Vinland to the already republic a long time after that. So, any other empire interested in being the former owner of the rest of what would be my territory? Angloterre, France, Netherlands?

The basic idea works, so the reservation is accepted
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:00 am

I'm working on my first post. I'm thinking about doing one of the following things:

- Messaging the French and basically saying 'so, hey, we're cool, right? let's share some of that sweet, sweet Holland action. oh and we'll help you reclaim Normandy.'

- Messaging Holland and basically saying 'so, hey, how bout them French, right? want some good Prussian protection?'

- Purging the Turk menace (not yet)

- Perhaps trying to chat with Russia or Norden

- Hitting up one of the Romes.

Not sure which, if any, I'll do. Maybe I'll do more than one. But my post will be happening sometime today or tomorrow at the latest.

Adarna
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Adarna » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 am

Tracian Empire wrote:The basic idea works, so the reservation is accepted

Grazie mille! I'm thinking Angloterre would be the ideal candidate for being the ex-owner of Atlanta, since I can work with its frenchification campaigns and the reaction to them in the history I planned.

The V O I D wrote:I'm working on my first post. I'm thinking about doing one of the following things:

- Messaging the French and basically saying 'so, hey, we're cool, right? let's share some of that sweet, sweet Holland action. oh and we'll help you reclaim Normandy.'

- Messaging Holland and basically saying 'so, hey, how bout them French, right? want some good Prussian protection?'

Not sure which, if any, I'll do. Maybe I'll do more than one. But my post will be happening sometime today or tomorrow at the latest.

Why not both (of the two first)? Play 'em off, make France look bad while you anchluss those windmills.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 am

Adarna wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The basic idea works, so the reservation is accepted

Grazie mille! I'm thinking Angloterre would be the ideal candidate for being the ex-owner of Atlanta, since I can work with its frenchification campaigns and the reaction to them in the history I planned.

The V O I D wrote:I'm working on my first post. I'm thinking about doing one of the following things:

Why not both (of the two first)? Play 'em off, make France look bad while you anchluss those windmills.

Well, the Angloterre claim is unfortunately expired and already reserved by a new player.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:51 am

You could extend a hand to the Bulgarians who seem to be despised by virtually all of their neighbours except the Galician Poles.

Adarna
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Adarna » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Adarna wrote:Grazie mille! I'm thinking Angloterre would be the ideal candidate for being the ex-owner of Atlanta, since I can work with its frenchification campaigns and the reaction to them in the history I planned.

Well, the Angloterre claim is unfortunately expired and already reserved by a new player.

Oh. Lemme check who is that, might TG them about it.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am

You could extend a hand to the Bulgarians who seem to be despised by virtually all of their neighbours except the Galician Poles.

Hmm. And then maybe we get some of the Austro-Bohemian lands...

*desire to anschluss intensifies.*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse