NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017:The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. X

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kulunja
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulunja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:44 pm

Made my first post in the IC, was it good?
☆Death to all those who stand in the way of the working people!☆

PRO: Makhnovism, Anarcho-Communism, Direct Democracy, Proletariat Internationalism, Insurrectionism
ANTI: Capitalism, Capitalists, Nationalism, Fascism, Religion, Bolshevism

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Kulunja wrote:Made my first post in the IC, was it good?

I enjoyed it, do you plan on getting the character to run for higher office in the future?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Kulunja
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulunja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Dentali wrote:
Kulunja wrote:Made my first post in the IC, was it good?

I enjoyed it, do you plan on getting the character to run for higher office in the future?

I do! Unsure of what exactly though since in Minnesota, my options are quite open for 2018 (governor-senator-house)
☆Death to all those who stand in the way of the working people!☆

PRO: Makhnovism, Anarcho-Communism, Direct Democracy, Proletariat Internationalism, Insurrectionism
ANTI: Capitalism, Capitalists, Nationalism, Fascism, Religion, Bolshevism

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Stansky might have to have a chat with Liz.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 am

Vaquas wrote:So TNS, how soon can we expect the Post-Debate wrap up and polling

Probably not soon. I'm mostly just stitching time together when I have it and there's the polling backlog, I'll obviously put this on top and hopefully will get some stretches

But in the meantime....
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 am

Now y'all know what I was talking about with things almost being amazing but just missing

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 am

Velahor wrote:Roberts is going to fire his campaign manager out of anger, blaming him for not preparing him enough.

Btw, are there any characters who don’t hold an office who would want to manage the campaign?

Thomas Nilap
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 am

I’ve been waiting for that for a while!

A Mélenchon victory would ultimately open the door for a disaster in the realm of American Foreign Policy in Europe, as you may see a French departure from NATO and a steady rise of the Far-Left in Europe instead of the Far-Right, on Economic grounds rather than social ones. This also opens the door to the beginning of the end of the European Union. Le Pen offers similar problems in the other direction normally, but given the percieved irrelevance of her central message in this timeline, I don’t think she’s viable against any of the other candidates.

The best that Reed can hope for is probably a Macron victory when it comes to building a working relationship during this economic crisis.
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am

Dems ahead in AZ

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:33 am

https://www.270towin.com/maps/6lYAp

^^ My most recent President Infinity game as Biden/Gillibrand...

Wisconsin in a margin of 2,000 votes
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:33 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Dems ahead in AZ

This is the best news that I have had all day!
Marianne 2024:

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am

You know we get some great random events in the RP, but I would like to request we get some positive news for the nation for once. Like a faster than expected financial recovery or something

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:05 am

Dentali wrote:You know we get some great random events in the RP, but I would like to request we get some positive news for the nation for once. Like a faster than expected financial recovery or something

Considering it is America the most likely random event would be a mass shooting

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:08 am

Dentali wrote:You know we get some great random events in the RP, but I would like to request we get some positive news for the nation for once. Like a faster than expected financial recovery or something

Reed must always suffer

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:10 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

Considering it is America the most likely random event would be a mass shooting

That made me legit sad

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:An aggregate of recent polling shows the scene

Melenchon-24.1%

Reminds me of something I made a long while back.

See 1917 in 2020, I guess.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Vaquas wrote:So TNS, how soon can we expect the Post-Debate wrap up and polling

Probably not soon. I'm mostly just stitching time together when I have it and there's the polling backlog, I'll obviously put this on top and hopefully will get some stretches

But in the meantime....

The request I had spoken to you earlier about-if you like, that can simply be shortened to a paragraph and posted to save time, it can be scaled down.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 pm

The President of the United States just called for a new election.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Vaquas wrote:The President of the United States just called for a new election.

lmao what
Marianne 2024:

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Vaquas wrote:The President of the United States just called for a new election.

Wait what?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: New Cobastheia
Character Name: Magnolia Lewicki
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 66
Character Height: 5' 6"
Character Weight: 140 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: US Senator from Vermont
Appearance:
Character State of Origin: Vermont
Character State of Residence: Vermont
Character Party Affiliation: Progressive
Main Strengths: Seen as a Grandmother of Progressivism. Amazing at Grassroots Fundraising and Campaigning. Popular. Persistent.
Main Weaknesses: Seen by opponents as a Callous, Calculating, Career Politician. Horrifically bad at Manipulation; Recognizing and Doing it. Controversial Statements and Actions of her Past. Petty

Born in Burglinton in 1951 to a pair of Polish Jews, Holocaust Survivors, who immigrated to the US after WWII. She would have a fairly normal childhood, relatively middle-class, her parents tried to shield her from the horrors of the world due to their own lives. She graduated Valedictorian of her class and started attending Yale, being part of one of the first classes that accepted women.

While at Yale she would get involved in Politics and Civil Rights while writing for the school news. She would take part in and organize several protests. She would graduate in 1973 with a BA in Economics and Political Science (Double Major), at which point she had also become the Head Editor for the school news. After graduating she would go on to move to New York City, writing for the New York Post. During her time at the Post, she would write a series of articles that do not look good in today's light. In her early days, she was aggressively TERFy and it wouldn't be reaching to say she advocated for political lesbianism, although she never explicitly said so. She herself had a brief fling with a woman in the summer of 1974, at the time she didn't realize it was her own bisexuality that allowed her to be attracted to her. She would leave the paper in 1978 to take care of her firstborn child, as well as wanting to focus more on her activism. She would take part in the Feminist Sex Wars at the end of Second Wave Feminism, fighting on the pro-sex side.

She would move back to Vermont in 1980, as she had grown tired of the city life, she didn't even know the names of her neighbors. Although it took her some time to readjust to the slower life of Vermont that she had nearly forgotten. She would create an NGO focusing on helping the poor become middle class soon after moving back to Vermont. She would quickly get involved in politics, working as a critical member of Kunin's Gubernatorial Campaign in 1982 and 1984. After the '84 win, she was rewarded with being appointed the Secretary of Vermont's Agency of Commerce and Community Development.

Along with Kunin and other Vermont Democrats, she was credited for a surging economy and a declining deficit of Kunin's first term. Being the head of the Agency most related to the economy, she took the chance to jumpstart her political career, running for State Senate in 1986 in Chittenden. She would win a seat with 10% percent of the vote, due to Multi-Member Districts. She would continue to hold on to her seat in 1988. Due to the part-time nature of the job, she would also work as a freelance journalism under a pseudonym.

After Kunin announced she would not be running for a fourth term as Governor, Lewicki announced her intent to run for LT Gov. She would get the endorsement over her current Lt Gov. Due to the endorsement, Lewicki was able to just edge out of the primary, becoming the Democratic nominee. She would win her general election while a former Republican Governor would win his.

Beginning her Luientent Governorship in 1991, she didn't do much outside of the required roles. It is a part-time job in the grand scheme of things, especially given that the Governor and herself were of opposite parties. She was reading the newspaper when she was told the Governor had died of cardiac arrest. Over her very long Governorship, the longest in Vermont's History as a US state, she clearly showed herself a Progressive Democrat, a popular one at that.

She pushed for a Balanced Budget each year. Fought for the Consitution to the gender-neutralized and for an Equal Right's Amendment to be added to it. Appointed a, nearly, all Female Cabinet once. She chaired the National Governors Association in 1994 and 1995. Expanded Dr. Dynasaur, first to 21-year-olds, and then to 25-year-olds. Worked on Common-Sense Gun Control, although most attempts failed to pass the General Assembly. In 2000, after the decision in Baker v. Vermont, legalized Civil Unions in Vermont, although she worked behind the scenes for a marriage bill, which failed. Finally, in 2002, she announced she wouldn't be seeking a sixth full term, saying it was finally time for someone else to take the rains of our great state of Vermont. It's not that she thought she couldn't win again, she thought she would've if she ran, but she was looking to create a path to the highest office in the land for someone like herself.

She would announce her intention to run for President in June 2003. She would gain several endorsements from several other progressive Democrats and quickly became the main Progressive in the race. After the primaries began, some of her more controversial articles during her time at the Post would come back into the light. She had nearly forgotten about them as she had long moved passed TERFdom. Although she has disavowed the articles many times, the have frequently come up, especially in modern times as the American population becomes more excepting. She would go on to get third in the primaries, dropping out after Wisconsin. She would return to Vermont and endorsed James Carrie, albeit after he became the presumptive nominee. She would found her political action committee, Democracy for America shortly before her endorsement. It was designed to do several things, house the momentum Lewicki created for Progressives and support like-minded candidates for office among other things.

Refusing to leave the political arena, she announced her campaign for the Chairmanship of the DNC in 2005, huge names in the party privately/publically opposed her, such as the Leaders of the Democrats in the House and Senate. However, due to her massive lead in name recognition compared to everyone else in the race and labor's support of her, she won. During her time as Chairwoman, she would create the 50-State Strategy and fundraised millions more than any other Chair at the time due to her focus on fundraising with grassroots and the internet.

In 2006, the longtime Senator from Vermont, [Not-Jim Jeffords] announced he would not be running for re-election. To which Lewicki saw as a chance to get her foot in Washington, as she felt somewhat powerless despite being the leader of her party. She resigned from her post as Chairwoman of the DNC and announced her campaign. This time the Democratic Senators were much more willing to endorse her. She campaigned on the basics, reform, progressivism, populism, healthcare, her popularity. She easily won with 57% of the vote. She became the Junior Senator from Vermont in 2007. Most of her legislation has focused on fighting for the working person, reform, and civil rights.

In 2008, she publically supported Albert Winston over Samantha Pallot. Some in her own base, feminists, were not happy with her. In her speech at the 2008 National Convention she said, "Although I would've loved to see the first Woman President as much as anyone else, it's finally time to see a Progressive in the White House!" Due to her creation of the 50 State Strategy, while DNC Chair, and the Fundraising Campaign she led during 2008, she was cited as a primary reason the Democrats won in 2008. After the election, there was speculation that she would receive a high-level cabinet post. She was offered a spot but turned it down.

Winston's Presidency would disappoint her. She didn't think Winstoncare went fair enough. She filibustered against a bill extending Shrub-era tax cuts, which lead to a small petition trying to draft her to run in 2012 against Winston, which she declined. She thought his Presidency was relatively good, a step in the right direction for America. But, by the end of his first term, she knew a Progressive hadn't taken control of the White House.

In 2013, certain aspects of her campaign fundraising in 2008 would come to light. Using a loophole in the campaign finance laws at the time under Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce she was able to secure millions of dollars that would go to the Winston Campaign. Although she didn't do anything illegal then, or especially under the laws at the time of this coming to light. Many of her critics and supporters saw this as a betrail of her own policies.

She was considering running for the Democratic Nomination in 2016. However, that consideration ended when her husband was diagnosed with Brain Cancer in 2015.

She was not a fan of WAC. She voted against in, duh. She thought Winston would veto it. The night he signed it, she put a trash can in her backyard, took a piece of cardboard that was painted blue, lit in on fire and threw it in the trash can. She took a video of this and posted it on Twitter with a long-winded rant, letting everyone know what she had changed her party affiliation as of a few hours ago. Saying the Democrats did not deserve to exist on the national stage if there aren't going to be any better than the Republicans and that she had regretted ever supporting Winston. In Congress, of course, she continued to caucus with the Democrats for the time being.

As for her endorsement in 2016, well besides Danders, they were all too centrist, but she had a personal dislike of him, so that wasn't going to happen. She endorsed Conti, who ended up endorsing Danders. She was fine with that for a short bit, everyone needs to play the game from time to time. Then Carrollton was made the VP nominee. She left the Democratic Caucus in the Senate after that. She would go on to stump for Walton in the Northeast. During the transitional period between Reed and Winston/Eric she would officially change her political party to Progressive. She would vote for the impeachment of Winston, she still would've even if she thought he was innocent. She released a statement from her office when Winston was found dead, saying she wishes the family nothing but the best during their time of grieving and found his need to take his own life regretful.

She's, the now Senior Senator from Vermont, is currently up for election in 2018, which she plans to win.

Other Info:
Let's talk about her family life.
She has a Husband who is currently dying of Brain Cancer. Matteo Lorenzo was born in 1947 to an Italian-American Family in New York City. For most of their life, they've been an in open relationship, mainly due to the pairs feminist ideology, although the fact that they're both bisexual (She came out to the public in 2009) exhibitionists helps. They've only slept with other people a few times each, and when they do it, it's usually a threesome of sorts. He's given her his blessing to find another man or woman after he passes. Speaking of which, she may find her fellow Vermont Senator, "Rather attractive, in both mind and body."
She has three adult children.
David Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1978, he's a Professor of History at Middlebury. Married with 2 Daughters and a Son.
Margaret Einstien nee Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1982, Foreign Service Officer, currently stationed Israel. Married with No Children.
Theresa Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1983, Member of Vermont General Assembly. Married with 1 Son.

She's had four abortions in her life, one of which happened before Roe v. Wade.
One in 1969, she was a stupid college freshman.
One in 1981, the baby was projected to only live for a few hours or days after birth due to a congenital disorder. Magnolia and Matteo decided they'd rather not bring a being into this world only to suffer.
One in 1986, the father was another man, a campaign worker, and the condom broke.
One 1999, they thought she had gone through menopause, guess not.

Let's talk about her Religious Life.
She considers herself Culturally Jewish. On the religion standpoint though, she'd consider herself a Deist who's more than spiritual than anything else. When asked if she's Jewish, she says yes. When she goes to synagogue, her first choice would be to go to a Reform one.

Can speak French, which she learned to work better with Quebec during her time in the Executive Branch of Vermont.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: New Cobastheia

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: New Cobastheia
Character Name: Magnolia Lewicki
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 66
Character Height: 5' 6"
Character Weight: 140 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: US Senator from Vermont
Appearance:
(Image)
Character State of Origin: Vermont
Character State of Residence: Vermont
Character Party Affiliation: Progressive
Main Strengths: Seen as a Grandmother of Progressivism, Amazing at Grassroots Fundraising and Campaigning, Popular, Persistent
Main Weaknesses: Analytical to the point where it could constitute a Mental Health Problem, Sees herself as a Moral Authority, Speakes with the speed of an Old British Woman, her Private Life (Specifically the openness of her relationship and her abortions, both of which the public doesn't know about)1

Born in Burglinton in 1951 to a pair of Polish Jews, Holocaust Survivors, who immigrated to the US after WWII. She would have a fairly normal childhood, relatively middle-class, her parents tried to shield her from the horrors of the world due to their own lives. She graduated Valedictorian of her class and started attending Yale, being part of the first class that accepted women.2

While at Yale she would get involved in Politics and Civil Rights while writing for the school news. She would take part in and organize several protests. She would graduate in 1973 with a BA in Economics and Political Science (Double Major), at which point she had also become the Head Editor for the school news. After graduating she would go on to move to New York City, writing for the New York Post. She would leave the paper in 1978 to take care of her firstborn child, as well as wanting to focus more on her activism. She would take part in the Feminist Sex Wars at the end of Second Wave Feminism, fighting on the pro-sex side.

She would move back to Vermont in 1980, as she had grown tired of the city life, she didn't even know the names of her neighbors. Although it took her some time to readjust to the slower life of Vermont that she had nearly forgotten. She would create an NGO focusing on helping the poor become middle class soon after moving back to Vermont. She would quickly get involved in politics, working as a critical member of Kunin's Gubernatorial Campaign in 1982 and 1984. After the '84 win, she was rewarded with being appointed the Secretary of Vermont's Agency of Commerce and Community Development.

Along with Kunin and other Vermont Democrats, she was credited for a surging economy and a declining deficit of Kunin's first term. As a response, she decided to run for Secretary of State in 1986, riding off of Kunin's Coattails and her Economic Successes, she won with 52% of the vote, defeating the Republican Incumbent.3 She would win re-election with 56% of the vote. During her time as Secretary of State, she would mainly focus on taking charge of the state's anti-trust laws, making sure unethical businesses were punished.

After Kunin announced she would not be running for a fourth term, Lewicki announced her bid and received Kunin's endorsement. Although she faced accusations of carpetbagging, due to her whole political career being thanks to Kunin, she won the Democratic Primary. After winning the primary, she resigned from her office, as to avoid accusations she was manipulating the vote. She would face a tough challenge from Fmr. Gov. Snelling, but won the vote at 51%.4

Beginning her Governorship in 1991, she became the first Female US Governor to succeed a Female Governor, much to the happiness to her predecessor. Over her very long Governorship, the longest in Vermont History, she clearly showed herself a Progressive Democrat, a popular one at that. She pushed for a Balanced Budget each year. Fought for the Consitution to the gender-neutralized and for an Equal Right's Amendment to be added to it. Appointed a, nearly, all Female Cabinet once. She chaired the National Governors Association in 1994 and 1995. Expanded Dr. Dynasaur, first to 21-year-olds, and then to 25-year-olds. Worked on Common-Sense Gun Control.5 In 2000, after the decision in Baker v. Vermont, legalized Same-Sex Marriage in Vermont.6 Finally, in 2002, she announced she wouldn't be seeking a sixth term, saying it was finally time for someone else to take the rains of our great state of Vermont. It's not that she thought she couldn't win again, she thought she would've if she ran, but she was looking to create a path to the highest office in the land for someone like herself.

She would announce her intention to run for President in June 2003. She would gain several endorsements from several high profile Democrats, including Fmr. VP Blood and quickly became the main Progressive in the race, after clarifying if she would legalizing Gay Marriage, nationwide, of course.7
"Yes, I personally support a man's right to marry a man and a female's right to marry a female. However, I can tell, just like any other American, that most Americans do not. If I am elected President, while I would love to fight for that right to be protected under the federal government, I won't if the majority of Americans tell me so. After all, what is the President if not a representative of all the American people. However, as President, I will stop at nothing to protect LGBT American Citizens, as they, just like any other American Citizen, are Citizens of our Great Nation."
She would go on to get third in the primaries, dropping out after Wisconsin. She would return to Vermont and endorsed James Carrie, albeit after he became the presumptive nominee. She would found her political action committee, Democracy for America shortly before her endorsement. It was designed to do several things, house the momentum Lewicki created for Progressives and support like-minded candidates for office among other things.

Refusing to leave the political arena, she announced her campaign for the Chairmanship of the DNC in 2005, huge names the party privately/publically opposed her, such as the Leaders of the Democrats in the House and Senate. However, due to her massive lead in name recognition compared to everyone else in the race and labor's support of her, she won. During her time as Chairwoman, she would create the 50-State Strategy and fundraised millions more than any other Chair at the time due to her focus on fundraising with grassroots and the internet.

In 2006, the longtime Senator from Vermont, [Not-Jim Jeffords] announced he would not be running for re-election. To which Lewicki saw as a chance to get her foot in Washington. This time the Democratic Senators were much more willing to endorse her. She campaigned on the basics, reform, progressivism, populism, healthcare, her popularity. She easily won with 57% of the vote. She became the Junior Senator from Vermont in 2007. Most of her legislation has focused on fighting for the working person, reform, and civil rights.8

In 2008, her role as Chairwoman prevented her from publically supporting any candidate, however, privately she donated about $2000 to the Winston campaign. There were reports, many reports, that speculated she was rooting for Albert Winston over Samantha Pallot. So it wasn't a surprise her speech at the 2008 National Convention was extremely positive, saying that it's time a Progressive was finally in the White House. Due to her 50 State Strategy and the Fundraising Campaign, she was cited as a primary reason the Democrats won in 2008. After the election, she, somewhat surprisingly, willingly stepped down as DNC Chairwoman.

Winston's Presidency would disappoint her. She didn't think Winstoncare went fair enough. She filibustered against a bill extending Shrub-era tax cuts, which lead to a small petition trying to draft her to run in 2012 against Winston, which she declined. She thought his Presidency was relatively good, a step in the right direction for America. But she knew a Progressive hadn't taken control of the White House. Things would take a turn for the worst in 2016.

First off, she was considering running for the Democratic Nomination. However, that consideration ended when her husband was diagnosed with Brain Cancer in 2015.

She was not a fan of WAC. She voted against in, duh. She thought Winston would veto it. The night he signed it, she put a trash can in her backyard, took a piece of cardboard that was painted blue, lit in on fire and threw it in the trash can. She took a video of this and posted it on Twitter with a long-winded rant, letting everyone know what she had changed her party affiliation as of a few hours ago. Saying the Democrats did not deserve to exist on the national stage if there aren't going to be any better than the Republicans and that she had regretted ever supporting Winston. In Congress, of course, she continued to caucus with the Democrats for the time being.

As for her endorsement in 2016, well besides Danders, they were all too centrist, but she had a personal dislike of him, so she wasn't going to endorse him. She was going to endorse Conti, but then Incest-Gate happened, so that was a no go.9 A few minutes after Danders had announced his VP pick, she endorsed Walton over Twitter. It should be noted that she wasn't even in attendance at the DNC. After the DNC, she officially left the Democratic Caucus in Congress. She would go on to stump for Walton in the Northeast. She became an official member of the Progressive Party during the transitional period between Reed and Winston, and after his impeachment, which Lewicki voted for, Fitzgerald.10 She released a statement from her office when Winston was found dead, saying she wishes the family nothing but the best during their time of grieving and found his need to take his own life regretful.

She's, the now Senior Senator from Vermont, is currently up for election in 2018, which she plans to win.

Other Info:
Let's talk about her family life.
She has a Husband who is currently dying of Brain Cancer. Matteo Lorenzo was born in 1947 to an Italian-American Family in New York City. For most of their life, they've been an in open relationship, mainly due to the pairs feminist ideology, although the fact that they're both bisexual (She came out to the public in 2009) exhibitionists helps. They've only slept with other people a few times each, and when they do it, it's usually a threesome of sorts. He's given her his blessing to find another man or woman after he passes. Speaking of which, she may find her fellow Vermont Senator, "Rather attractive, in both mind and body."
She has three adult children.
David Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1978, he's a Professor of History at Middlebury. Married with 2 Daughters and a Son.
Margaret Einstien nee Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1982, Foreign Service Officer, currently stationed Israel. Married with No Children.
Theresa Lorenzo-Lewicki, born 1983, Member of Vermont General Assembly. Married with 1 Son.

She's had four abortions in her life, one of which happened before Roe v. Wade.
One in 1969, she was a stupid college freshman.
One in 1981, the baby was projected to only live for a few hours or days after birth due to a congenital disorder. Magnolia and Matteo decided they'd rather not bring a being into this world only to suffer.
One in 1986, the father was another man, a campaign worker, and the condom broke.
One 1999, they thought she had gone through menopause, guess not.

Let's talk about her Religious Life.
She considers herself Culturally Jewish. On the religion standpoint though, she'd consider herself a Deist who's more than spiritual than anything else. When asked if she's Jewish, she says yes. When she goes to synagogue, her first choice would be to go to a Reform one.

Can speak French, which she learned to work better with Quebec during her time in the Executive Branch of Vermont.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: New Cobastheia

Do Not Remove: 84721

1. In general, a significant rebalancing is needed. She holds one weakness which is a partial strength, one weakness which does not seem to be one at all, a moderate weakness in speaking, and a weakness which has no present effect due to being hidden, to counter extreme strengths in reputation and ability.

2. The timing is slightly off.

3. Exceeding the vote share of the incumbent, while running against an incumbent, operating with only two years of experience in an appointed position, would be somewhat difficult.

4. In a similar sense, she is in a rather significantly inferior position facing her opponent. Given the length of her tenure as Governor, simply pushing back the timeline would be of help.

5. Vermont has historically been heavily slanted in favor of gun rights, only recently abating. She can certainly press for such, but they are unlikely to pass the legislature.

6. Civil union legislation was bitterly contested after Baker. Seeking full marriage legislation would likely not make it through the legislature, and could well see her unseated by a more significant backlash.

7. Gore opposed same-sex marriage at the time. Dean likewise avoided support.

8. Party chairs have historically stepped down from the chairmanship when seeking other major elected office.

9. "Incest-gate" actually occurred after the 2016 election, at the Democratic Unity Convention.

10. I am not certain of what this reference to Fitzgerald is supposed to mean.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Oh Lord Fowler has an admirer :rofl:
Democratic Nominee 2024

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:53 pm

Prolieum wrote:1. In general, a significant rebalancing is needed. She holds one weakness which is a partial strength, one weakness which does not seem to be one at all, a moderate weakness in speaking, and a weakness which has no present effect due to being hidden, to counter extreme strengths in reputation and ability.

2. The timing is slightly off.

3. Exceeding the vote share of the incumbent, while running against an incumbent, operating with only two years of experience in an appointed position, would be somewhat difficult.

4. In a similar sense, she is in a rather significantly inferior position facing her opponent. Given the length of her tenure as Governor, simply pushing back the timeline would be of help.

5. Vermont has historically been heavily slanted in favor of gun rights, only recently abating. She can certainly press for such, but they are unlikely to pass the legislature.

6. Civil union legislation was bitterly contested after Baker. Seeking full marriage legislation would likely not make it through the legislature, and could well see her unseated by a more significant backlash.

7. Gore opposed same-sex marriage at the time. Dean likewise avoided support.

8. Party chairs have historically stepped down from the chairmanship when seeking other major elected office.

9. "Incest-gate" actually occurred after the 2016 election, at the Democratic Unity Convention.

10. I am not certain of what this reference to Fitzgerald is supposed to mean.

1) Do you have any suggestions for what could be some good weaknesses? I'll be honest, I've never been the best at creating good weaknesses for my characters. I'd suggest something relating to an un-feminine personality trait but I'm not sure if that would work well with the general Dean+Sanders+Feminism thing I'm trying to do with her character.

2) How so? She would've graduated high school in 1969 at 18, being accepted to Yale as a member of the Class of 1973 during her Senior Year.

3 and 4. According to this website in the race for Sec of State in 1986 the incumbent won with nearly 60% of the vote in 1986 and with 92% in 1988 (In 88 a Democrat didn't run). However, given his margin of victory, I doubt Lewicki could've won that race anyways now. Would making her a State Senator from 1987-1991, running for Lt. Gov. in 1990, winning and then taking over in a similar manner to Dean work better?

5. I'll just take it out of the app, it was a last minute addition on my part, added in few minutes before I posted it.

6 and 7. I was just seeing how far I could push these. I figured it would probably have to be changed, either for this reason or keeping the pre-roleplay timeline intact. I'll make it so she ultimately signed the civil union bill, although she fought for the marriage bill in the legislative. As for the Gore thing, I was just basically copying Dean's role in 2004, if she did push for a Marriage Bill would Blood still not endorse her?

8. Ah, when I was researching for it, I thought that was the case. But then I started to think about Wasserman Schutz and how she would've had to run for office while being the Chairwoman. Of course, a Representative and a Senator are different and the fact that DWS was already a Rep when she became Chair changes things too. I'm fine saying she resigned to run for Senator but the Democrats still used the strategies in 2008.

9) What was the thing Conti said then?

10) My bad, after looking over the Pres Winston's Wiki page I thought his VP, Matthew Fitzgerald, became President after his impeachment. I'll correct it to Gene Eric. Also, how come the VP didn't become President after Winston's impeachment trial and the President Pro Tempore did?

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Vaquas wrote:Oh Lord Fowler has an admirer :rofl:

Hey, you take a sexually exhibitionist old lady who Husband is dying and has basically given her free rein to do whatever after he dies, who hasn't had to interact with a Young, Attractive, Libertarian Republican who seems to actually care for his constituents, for pretty much most of her life, especially to the point where they have the same job, and she's gonna get interested at the very least.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse