NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017:The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. X

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Velahor wrote:The foreign policy thing was an attempt to catch Singh off-guard but it didn’t work.

Singh had been waiting for an opportunity to have Roberts publically break with Reed, and he got it.

He's definitely gotten several victories in the second half, overbalances the first
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Kulunja
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulunja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Thank you TNS! Given that we're a long ways away from starting to run for election again, where would you recommend I begin? Writing a few bills? Rallies?
☆Death to all those who stand in the way of the working people!☆

PRO: Makhnovism, Anarcho-Communism, Direct Democracy, Proletariat Internationalism, Insurrectionism
ANTI: Capitalism, Capitalists, Nationalism, Fascism, Religion, Bolshevism

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:43 pm

Kulunja wrote:Thank you TNS! Given that we're a long ways away from starting to run for election again, where would you recommend I begin? Writing a few bills? Rallies?

State legislators are in a generally kinda weird spot with kinda less agency than some other positions, but there's still some paths to take

I'd recommend starting off working on some slice of life posts to flesh her out, and then maybe go into the political, rally, legislative effort, governor meeting, etc.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:44 pm

I was actually just thinking about how little we get to do with Governors and I was wondering:

What if the OP's made a list of legislative items and they got randomized and then did the same with the states with player govs. Then every once in a while, release a bill related to the legislative item currently at the top of the randomized list to the Governor, and the event will be them signing it or vetoing it, instead of going through the tedious process of writing opposition led bills and the like.
Last edited by Vaquas on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Vaquas wrote:I was actually just thinking about how little we get to do with Governors and I was wondering:

What if the OP's made a list of legislative items and they got randomized and then did the same with the states with player govs. Then every once in a while, release a bill related to the legislative item currently at the top of the randomized list to the Governor, and the event will be them signing it or vetoing it, instead of going through the tedious process of writing opposition led bills and the like.

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but the basic of it is essentially putting together a general simulation of the state legislatures and then informing the player gov of what the legislature did at different points?

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Vaquas wrote:
Singh had been waiting for an opportunity to have Roberts publically break with Reed, and he got it.

He's definitely gotten several victories in the second half, overbalances the first

Honestly good job on that one, that’s not easy to do with how much Roberts aligns with Reed.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Vaquas wrote:I was actually just thinking about how little we get to do with Governors and I was wondering:

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but the basic of it is essentially putting together a general simulation of the state legislatures and then informing the player gov of what the legislature did at different points?

Yes, and if major bills get passed by the chambers, delivering them to the Governor as an event so that they may be signed or vetoed.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Roberts came off a lot better on the last question

Not enough to reverse though

Kulunja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulunja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Kulunja wrote:Thank you TNS! Given that we're a long ways away from starting to run for election again, where would you recommend I begin? Writing a few bills? Rallies?

State legislators are in a generally kinda weird spot with kinda less agency than some other positions, but there's still some paths to take

I'd recommend starting off working on some slice of life posts to flesh her out, and then maybe go into the political, rally, legislative effort, governor meeting, etc.

Sounds like I good start! Might start tonight, gotta finish up some schoolwork

PRO: Makhnovism, Anarcho-Communism, Direct Democracy, Proletariat Internationalism, Insurrectionism

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Kulunja wrote:

Sounds like I good start! Might start tonight, gotta finish up some schoolwork

Whenever you want, should be a pretty chill pace in that position

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:53 pm

On the topic of pacing, Chewy's supposed going to get the investigation hearing list out by tomorrow night, I'm putting his feet to the fire on this one

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm

Good elevator pitch

Kulunja
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulunja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Man working with the governor is gonna be hard

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Roberts is going to fire his campaign manager out of anger, blaming him for not preparing him enough.

Btw, are there any characters who don’t hold an office who would want to manage the campaign?

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Velahor wrote:Roberts is going to fire his campaign manager out of anger, blaming him for not preparing him enough.

Btw, are there any characters who don’t hold an office who would want to manage the campaign?

Oof

I don’t have anyone unfortunately.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:32 pm

So TNS, how soon can we expect the Post-Debate wrap up and polling
Democratic Nominee 2024

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:42 pm

I have a great character idea to run against Williams, but since I don’t have time for another, I’ll just post the app and see if someone wants it

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm

It is seriously possible that Governor Williams has driven enough people out of Mississippi come redistricting time that he effects the state’s electoral vote count.

Elections are a whole other thing entirely.
Last edited by Vaquas on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Velahor wrote:I have a great character idea to run against Williams, but since I don’t have time for another, I’ll just post the app and see if someone wants it

Actually, I won’t waste my time with the app. Basically, it’s just Jason Isbell but in Mississippi. Isbell is a southern rock/country musician who’s very progressive but still big on Southern pride.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Velahor wrote:
Velahor wrote:I have a great character idea to run against Williams, but since I don’t have time for another, I’ll just post the app and see if someone wants it

Actually, I won’t waste my time with the app. Basically, it’s just Jason Isbell but in Mississippi. Isbell is a southern rock/country musician who’s very progressive but still big on Southern pride.

Interesting thought, I vaugely remember someone else making a similar character, progressive southerner
Democratic Nominee 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Velahor wrote:

Interesting thought, I vaugely remember someone else making a similar character, progressive southerner

Marlowe? The man who went completely insane in Congress?

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Velahor wrote:

Yeah he’s like super anti-confederate flag but a strong believer in southern morality and culture through a progressive lens.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

Marlowe? The man who went completely insane in Congress?

Not quite, I’m talking actual Progressive or liberal Dem

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Velahor wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

Yeah he’s like super anti-confederate flag but a strong believer in southern morality and culture through a progressive lens.

The fact that the federal government is taking the popular Mississippi state flag away, greatly strengthens Williams' hand when he talks about "oppression against the South"

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Williams got what he wanted, his hand is further strengthened when Chandler and Denver threatened violence against Mississippi.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse