NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017:The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. X

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:55 pm

F*ck Brennan I forgot about him

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:57 pm

The one fucking day I’m busy and can’t get on.....

Okay I’ll react as quick as I can tomorrow, please TG me is Simon needs to do something with you have a call or meeting, make a google doc and I’ll respond as quickly as possible.

Patton assume that a secretary calls her back conveying apologies and hopes you understand how busy Simon was and that he will call you back first chance he gets
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 pm

Dentali wrote:The one fucking day I’m busy and can’t get on.....

Okay I’ll react as quick as I can tomorrow, please TG me is Simon needs to do something with you have a call or meeting, make a google doc and I’ll respond as quickly as possible.

Patton assume that a secretary calls her back conveying apologies and hopes you understand how busy Simon was and that he will call you back first chance he gets

Everything fell apart. Washington RP is a full time job, you should have known that by now.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:

Everything fell apart. Washington RP is a full time job, you should have known that by now.

Simon predicted she couldn’t handle it

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Dentali wrote:

Reed just gave the Johnsons a free hand in the House, I hope he is happy.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Dentali wrote:

Yang will be picking up the slack.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 pm

Vaquas wrote:

Yang will be picking up the slack.

She needs to before the Johnsons go an pass crazy bills.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:06 pm

She understands.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:08 pm

ANyways Governor Williams is going to announce his Senate Candidacy now.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:ANyways Governor Williams is going to announce his Senate Candidacy now.

The news cycle tonight is going to be absolutely ridiculous.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:ANyways Governor Williams is going to announce his Senate Candidacy now.

He’s going to have to defeat a well funded incumbent
Democratic Nominee 2024

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 pm

We all know Williams wouldn't win, but it's probably going to be one hell of a media circus in the IC.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Vaquas wrote:

He’s going to have to defeat a well funded incumbent

I do not think he cares

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:

We all know Williams wouldn't win, but it's probably going to be one hell of a media circus in the IC.

Of course he won't win, but he is determined to go down in a blaze of glory.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Also, I have the funnest idea for Cox. You know how we do NPC's questioning people who do rallies? What if we do the same with Cox, where we get to have tourists or locals interacting with him in a variety of ways?

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, I have the funnest idea for Cox. You know how we do NPC's questioning people who do rallies? What if we do the same with Cox, where we get to have tourists or locals interacting with him in a variety of ways?

That could be fun. Just have him walk the streets.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Vaquas wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Also, I have the funnest idea for Cox. You know how we do NPC's questioning people who do rallies? What if we do the same with Cox, where we get to have tourists or locals interacting with him in a variety of ways?

That could be fun. Just have him walk the streets.

Just imagine him walking down the streets, until something interesting, annoying or downright surreal happens to him. Sounds fun to do, seeing Cox might end up seeing himself as Job.

RPs I do

North Dajao
Envoy

Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby North Dajao » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: North Dajao
Character Name: Reginald T. Hubertson
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 60
Character Height: 5'10
Character Weight: 165 lb
Character Position/Role/Job: Senator from North Carolina, former Lieutenant Governor of North Carolina, former Representative from NC-13, former mayor of Greensboro, Former Greensboro City Councilman
Appearance: Image
Character State of Origin: Alabama
Character State of Residence: North Carolina
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic(Moderate)
Main Strengths: Charming, Good Writer, Likable, Good at math, Empathetic
Main Weaknesses: Impulsive, Argumentative, Jealous, opioid addict(unknown to public), Hard past

Biography: Reginald was born in 1958 in Monroeville Alabama, the son of a farmer. When Reginald was three months old his mother died in a hit and run accident . Reginald's father passed away when Reginald was four, forcing Reginald to move in with his Aunt and Uncle in Huntsville. His wealthier Aunt and Uncle educated him and raised him with liberal social views.

Reginald was accepted at Chapel Hill in North Carolina. After graduating with a degree in Public Policy he moved to Greensboro North Carolina where he found a job in the city government. After working in various city government posts he finally ran for City Council at the age of 28, winning a position.

In 1990, protesters gathered outside city hall to protest a city councilman who had been implicated in a sex scandal. When the protest started to turn violent, Hubertson famously brought out a boombox and began blasting "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel. A dance party ensued, attracting national attention. Capitalizing on the attention, Hubertson made a run for Greensboro Mayor that year, which he easily won due to his newfound popularity. He continued to serve as mayor for 12 years.

In 2002 he launched a congressional campaign for the new 13th District. Still extremely popular, Hubertson won. He served for three terms. In 2008 he launched a campaign for Lieutenant Governor. Riding on the coattails of the Democratic success he won by a narrow margin, although the Republican Governor was re-elected. As lieutenant governor he supported proposals to increase medical care funding and coverage for rural areas of the state. He also was a major proponent of broadband expansion, renewable energy, and firearm safety, endorsing the SAFE Act which would have given tax credits to gun owners who took 20+ hours of firearm safety classes.

In 2016, he ran for Senate. Already popular among North Carolinians he won 55% of the vote against the unpopular scandal embroiled incumbent.

POSITIONS IN THE SENATE

STATUTORY: Aye

Bill to Provide for Conjugal Familial Visits under Federal Jurisdiction: Aye

Rectify Dudley's Disservice Act: Aye

American Right to Bear Arms Act: Aye

Resolution Honoring the Memory of the Orlando Nightclub Terrorist Attack Victims: Aye

Education Equality, Fairness, Nondiscrimination and Equal Treatment Act: Not Present for vote

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: North Dajao

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by North Dajao on Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leftist who made an account on here way too young

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:52 pm

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Ted Cruz's face when he was called Lying Ted, priceless.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Eternal Lotharia
Character Name: Lucien Alexanderos
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 28
Character Height: 5'11
Character Weight: 220 Lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: OR. House of Rep.

District will be supplied if asked, but I prefer not to be give it out.

Appearance: (Photo preferred, not required):

Black haired, Tan, Brown eyes, serious face. He looks as if Kirito was Mexican basically. Not modeled after Kirito, but the character seems to be similar thus the comparison.

Character State of Origin: Oregon
Character State of Residence: Oregon
Character Party Affiliation: Democrat
Main Strengths:

Advance Planner, Pragmatic, willing to Delegate what he's less good at. Passionate, Youthful, Ambitious, Long-Term thinker in achieving objectives. Bold and Blunt, but compassionate, plays the long game, is independent but Bi-Partisan and willing to work with the establishment or fight against it, depending on circumstances.

Main Weaknesses:
Idealistic(His pragmatism does not change this), Slightly Paranoid, ADHD, he can be rude by accident, some communication difficulties. Reckless on occasion, Arrogant, can focus too much on the future, despite delegating has some urges to micromanage. Occasionally either works too hard or is too lazy. Prone to headaches. Stressed out easily when caught off guard, depending on circumstances.

Biography:

Born in Utah, he moved to Oregon when a youth. He dealt with physical abuse for a short period of time and transitioned to government care. He was a lazy student due to disliking how the system was, and how it encouraged memorization, not critical thinking, and bored him, the subjects that did require critical thinking were completely uninteresting to him.

He went to Community College, and majored in Political Science. He worked hard to show he was actually a hard worker, and eventually went to University of Oregon and graduated with a Master's Degree in IR as well as a Minor in History. He eventually managed to secure enough connections and ran for House of Representatives. He fought a vicious underdog campaign, and the campaign was the hardest of his life, but he managed to win, scoring a key goal of his: Showing that a fresh face can be elected. Now he must work on his next goal: Show that that fresh face can make a positive difference as a legislator.

Other Info:

Pro-life, Rhine Capitalist-Social Democrat-Centrist mixture, Anti-Corruption, Pro-Healthcare, International Relations and history Major. Has Autism and ADHD.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Lotharia

Do Not Remove: 84721

(Yes this is a self-insert, sorry buds, but I tried to make it interesting and impartial)

Self-inserts are highly frowned upon. We really do not need Democratic Troy Wilson.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:22 am

Lol, “Alexander Johnson”
Democratic Nominee 2024

San Carlos Islands
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby San Carlos Islands » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:26 am

Are the Senate seats from the great state of Indiana taken?
Foreign Affairs Director for the League of Conservative Nations

WA Ambassador: Trinity Ryan
WA Information: wa.mission.gov.sci

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:36 am

San Carlos Islands wrote:Are the Senate seats from the great state of Indiana taken?

They are not-you are free to apply.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:39 am

San Carlos Islands wrote:Are the Senate seats from the great state of Indiana taken?

surprisingly no

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse