NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017:The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. X

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Velahor wrote:What could really start 2020 on fire is if the Dem nominee picked a Prog like Fairley or Alphonsey as their VP candidate...

But then the Dem establishment would disown the nominee, and might back another candidate.
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Bruke wrote:
Velahor wrote:What could really start 2020 on fire is if the Dem nominee picked a Prog like Fairley or Alphonsey as their VP candidate...

But then the Dem establishment would disown the nominee, and might back another candidate.

I was thinking of it more as a Dem establishment plan to siphon Prog votes
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Is Rhodes the minority whip?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Phonz probably wouldn't be the Democratic VP nominee unless a crazy deal was cut.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Spicy maybe being KO'd is big for hypothetical Reed doesn't run 2020

Bajillion things could change but with that gap it'd look like pretty much red carpet for Havich. Amaras could maybe try to fill the gap but unless things really change he's not gonna get the traction to really challenge.

But if the Dems start trying to recenter in the center that's no bueno for him
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Sanabel wrote:Is Rhodes the minority whip?

I think he's deputy? I thought he was going to be but I don't think it happened that way

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm

TNS, when are you going to show the mayoral results in the IC? I sorta need them if I wish to have Cox be in another IC post.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:I'm trying to think of GOP wildcards for 2020 assuming Reed does not run, and I can't think of any that aren't insane.

If Cory made it into the senate, he could run as the libertarian Republican.

Locklear maybe, but I don't really think she'd get anywhere politically or w/temperment

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:TNS, when are you going to show the mayoral results in the IC? I sorta need them if I wish to have Cox be in another IC post.

Yeah I'm trying to get that and it's gonna happen eventually but I've been super swamped lately why I've been inactive. Maybe will manage to get some super abridged version out sometime this week if I don't drop off again

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Think Fairley's the only Prog who might possibly accept but he's probably the least important of them and he'd just get cast out and not bring much with him. Maybe very disllusioned Phonz with a really good Dem fit but doubtful

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:

Think Fairley's the only Prog who might possibly accept but he's probably the least important of them and he'd just get cast out and not bring much with him. Maybe very disllusioned Phonz with a really good Dem fit but doubtful

Phonz/ Vilseck 2020
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm

No, I don't believe so. I thought he was DCC Chair
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Dentali wrote:

Phonz/ Vilseck 2020

He's probably the one I think

Depends on how his plans go but they are long time ones IC unfortunately

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:TNS, when are you going to show the mayoral results in the IC? I sorta need them if I wish to have Cox be in another IC post.

Yeah I'm trying to get that and it's gonna happen eventually but I've been super swamped lately why I've been inactive. Maybe will manage to get some super abridged version out sometime this week if I don't drop off again

Alright, thanks for letting me know though.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Uttland wrote:

No, I don't believe so. I thought he was DCC Chair

No, Jared is. I think he's deputy whip

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Dentali wrote:

Phonz/ Vilseck 2020

He's probably the one I think

Depends on how his plans go but they are long time ones IC unfortunately

Phonz and Vilseck should get along, and would if they weren't blinded by partisanship. They should probably meet.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Uttland wrote:No, I don't believe so. I thought he was DCC Chair

No, Jared is. I think he's deputy whip

Oh, then idk lol

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Brown Acre
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brown Acre » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 am

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: The Federal Republic of Brown Acre
Character Name: Allen Joseph Young
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 57
Character Height: 6'0
Character Weight: 235 lbs
Character Position/Role/Job: CEO of the Young Group
Appearance: Image
(lol, my bad the pic is huge :lol: )
Character State of Origin: California
Character State of Residence: California
Character Party Affiliation: N/A
Main Strengths: charismatic, people's person, large networth, extensive wealthy network, business experience, TV personality
Main Weaknesses: outspoken, lack of political expertise and experience, flip flops on positions, public gaffe-prone, alleged racist past
Biography: Allen is a bay area native. Born in Oakland to an upper middle class family in 1960, Allen lived comfortably in the regions not-so affluent region. His father owned a construction company and his mother was a nurse at the local clinic. Indeed the Youngs lived comfortably in the Glenview area. Allen was a wild child through elementary years, stealing school supplies from his teachers, sparring with his music instructor, generally being rebellious and mischievous. He would often get into altercations with his classmates leading him to being expelled from public schools forcing his family to send him off to private school. This was relatively easy to afford for the Youngs as Allen was an only child.

Here in private school Allen cleaned up his act as the instructor was able to give more attention to Allen and give him more structure. He excelled at his general education; always at the top of his class in terms of math and english he honed in his academic skills. He continued to excel in his academics until he graduated in 1978 from Oakland High. He enrolled in CSU EastBay where he would pursue a business degree. There he would succumb to apathy and laziness. Allen smoked pot and immersed himself in the hippie culture. His conservative parents disproved and threatened to cut him off financially if he didnt clean up his act. His youthful stupidity got the best of him and he dismissed his parents ultimatum, he continued to party and fool around in college. His parents followed through with there threat and didnt give Allen a cent, forcing him to take loans and apply for grants. His father, after scaling back his financial embargo, decided to give him a job at his construction company where he would work until his graduation from CSU Eastbay in 1982.

After graduating from Uni, Allen continued to work for his fathers company which became a prominent entity in the bay and soon caught the Real Estate bug. After studying profusely, he obtained his brokers license and through his fathers graces (but most importantly his money) Allen founded the Young Group, a real estate brokerage firm. Based out of the East Bay Young started out small. He would sell houses himself, hustling and bustling all throughout the Bay Area he managed to sell a million dollar mansion up in Berkeley and earned over a 20% commission allowing him to expand his business and hire on real estate agents; from there the business really took off. From 1985-1992, the company grew immensely climbing into the tens of millions as realty development continued to flourish in the Bay. With the help of his fathers connections Allen found many leads which lead to multiple sales and therefore more business. He established a well-known presence throughout the Bay Area and continued to network and garner real estate leads in NorCal. In 1997 with the invention of the interwebs which lead to what would be dubbed the "Dot-Com" Boom Allen hit the jackpot for real estate.

With new developers and programmers rushing to California Young hit what he called the "New California Gold Rush". Acting on a popular business term called synergy Young contracted his dads construction company to build high rises in which he would rent out apartment rooms to the new techies flooding the Bay Area. By 2002, the Young Group would be valued at over 75 million dollars thanks to subsequent housing deals. With the death of his father in 2003, Allen absorbed his fathers company into the Young Group and began realty development; he purchased many tracks of land often buying out poorer neighborhoods to build middle class housing. Allen became a proprietor of gentrification attributing him to his first public gaffe. After buying out an old cultural district in Alameda county in 1999 Allen was quoted saying "finally we can start getting rid of the smell" commenting on the neighborhoods lower class inhabitants. This sparked a public outcry and hundreds began a boycott of the Young Group. Many civil lawsuits would be filed against Young as families claimed that Allen bullied and intimidated them into deals that unfairly favored himself. Allen got around this by saying the land would be used for "public works" projects such as additional affordable housing for lower income families. That would all be a lie as Allen continued to build high arises all across the Bay Area.

In 2001 another gaffe would follow Allen. After purchasing a stretch of abandoned shops in Oakland, Allen began constructing new condominiums geared towards upper class buyers. After the buildings were finished arsonists would burn them down in retaliation for forcing many poorer families out of the area. Allen took to the press but slipped up commenting "Those thugs aren't anything more than doo-rag wearin' dogs!" This further angered the African-American community as arson would be widespread against all Young properties and offices in Oakland eventually forcing Young to halt projects in the cities until tensions cooled. Further controversy would ensue when Allen hired the notorious Hells Angels biker gang to begin protecting his properties; he would deny hiring them and insisted they were just being "good Samaritans" for protecting his assets.

Scandal after scandal would bring the Young Groups total networth down to 70 million dollars as the boycott over Young properties and development sites would be plagued by demonstrations.

Amidst all this controversy, Allen would meet the first love of his life actress and model AnnaMarie Laveau at a Tech Gala in Santa Clara. In 2001, they got married, and moved down to Long Beach CA. From 2002-2005, tales and rumors of arguments and public gaffes myred the Youngs in public gossip. In 2006, Allen filed for divorce and swore the move was “consensual and for the best”.

By 2008 with the crash of the housing market, Allen began expanding his company's operations all across California and even crossed state lines into Oregon and Washington. He began buying out homes for pennies on the dollar, promising families of cash upfront instead of mortgaging their properties. With this he either liquidated the properties or flipped the homes for a larger profit. The Young Group firmly setup offices in Portland and Seattle; in an attempt to improve the image of the company Allen began a low-income housing initiative in both Seattle and Oregon. He would buy homes and tear them down to either turn them into block-style apartment buildings or cheap run-down duplexes. The initiative, despite the appearance of the buildings, was a relative success. He employed the same model back home in California where he would build more duplexes and cheap apartment building in the Central Valley. All told the Young Groups total networth would skyrocket to a near quarter of a billion dollars by the end of the crisis.

While all this was happening Allen met his second wife in 2007, Claudia Cruz. In just short 6 months of dating they got married that same year. On July 4th,2008, Allen bore his first and only child, Jaime Joseph Cruz. The Youngs moved back to SF, settling in a penthouse near Union Square.However, in 2009 tragedy struck when Claudia was found dead in their summer home in Long Beach. The cause: OD from painkillers. This tragedy would caused Allen to withdraw from the public eye reemerging from a reclusive state in early 2010. Allen has since never remarried.

In 2011, Allen Young would make his debut in the 2nd season of Shark Tank and began divesting into multiple startups. He would continue this all the way into 2015 when he made his exit to continue to focus on his business.

It wouldnt be until the 2012 Presidential elections that Young would immerse himself into politics. He wouldnt necessarily campaign or endorse any major candidate but he began speaking at multiple political events in California most notable would be the California GOP annual dinner in Sacramento where he gave his "Taking care of business" speech. In this speech Young would comment on the achievements of GOP lawmakers in the state, citing the careful management of the water infrastructure and the steadfast loyalty to upholding constitutional values. Although complimenting the GOP in general his suggestion of becoming more "socially liberal" were not well received. Since then Young had entered the political arena, endorsing a multitude of candidates across the spectrum throughout the state and attending many gala's and speaking events where he would give his two cents. Overall, Young was well received by the populace, even attending a "Draft Young" event in 2012 for the presidential elections which he denied to the dismay of some. Although killing the rumors in 2012 and staying relatively quiet in 2016, the rumor mill would spin once more for 2020.

Other Info: Networth: 250 million.He has an 10 year old son, he's a widow but likes to think of himself as a bachelor, I'm not sure what party he's gonna be affiliated with. Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything for his past, I kinda got lazy towards the end of his bio lol I'm sorry but I will elaborate if you have any questions. I'm new to NS but not new to rping I dont really care for the nation-esque rp's and this rp caught my eye so I'm happy to join if you'll have me lol
Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by Brown Acre on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:31 am

Brown Acre wrote:
(Image)

Character Age: 58
Appearance: (Image)
Main Strengths: charismatic, people's person, large networth, extensive wealthy network, business experience, TV personality
Main Weaknesses: outspoken, lack of political expertise and experience, flip flops on positions, public gaffe-prone, alleged racist past
Biography: Allen is a bay area native. Born in Oakland to a middle class family in 1960, Allen lived comfortably in the regions not-so affluent area. His father owned a construction company and his mother was a nurse at the local clinic. Indeed the Youngs lived comfortably in the suburbs. Allen was a wild child through elementary years, stealing school supplies from his teachers, sparring with his music instructor, generally being rebellious and mischievous. He would often get into altercations with his classmates leading him to being expelled from public schools forcing his family to send him off to private school. This was relatively easy to afford for the Youngs as Allen was an only child.

Here in private school Allen cleaned up his act as the instructor was able to give more attention to Allen and give him more structure. He excelled at his general education; always at the top of his class in terms of math and english he honed in his academic skills. He continued to excel in his academics until he graduated in 1978 from Oakland High. He enrolled in CSU EastBay where he would pursue a business degree. There he would succumb to apathy and laziness. Allen smoked pot and immersed himself in the hippie culture. His conservative parents disproved and threatened to cut him off financially if he didnt clean up his act. His youthful stupidity got the best of him and he dismissed his parents ultimatum, he continued to party and fool around in college. His parents followed through with there threat and didnt give Allen a cent, forcing him to take loans and apply for grants. His father gave him a job at his construction company where he would work until his graduation from CSU Eastbay in 1982.

After graduating from Uni, Allen continued to work for his fathers company which became a prominent entity in the bay and soon caught the Real Estate bug. After studying profusely, he obtained his brokers license and through his fathers graces (but most importantly his money) Allen founded the Young Group, a real estate brokerage firm. Based out of the East Bay Young started out small. He would sell houses himself, hustling and bustling all throughout the Bay Area he managed to sell a million dollar mansion up in Berkeley and earned over a 20% commission allowing him to expand his business and hire on real estate agents; from there the business really took off. From 1985-1992, the company grew immensely. With the help of his fathers connections Allen found many leads which lead to multiple sales and therefore more business. He established a well-known presence throughout the Bay Area. In 1997 with the invention of the interwebs which lead to what would be dubbed the "Dot-Com" Boom Allen hit the jackpot for real estate.

With new developers and programmers rushing to California Young hit what he called the "New California Gold Rush". Acting on a popular business term called synergy Young contracted his dads construction company to build high rises in which he would rent out apartment rooms to the new techies flooding the Bay Area. By 2002, the Young Group would be valued at over 4 billion dollars thanks to subsequent housing deals. With the death of his father in 2003, Allen absorbed his fathers company into the Young Group and began realty development; he purchased many tracks of land often buying out poorer neighborhoods to build middle class housing. Allen became a proprietor of gentrification attributing him to his first public gaffe. After buying out an old cultural district in Alameda county in 1999 Allen was quoted saying "finally we can start getting rid of the smell" commenting on the neighborhoods lower class inhabitants. This sparked a public outcry and hundreds began a boycott of the Young Group. Many civil lawsuits would be filed against Young as families claimed that Allen bullied and intimidated them into deals that unfairly favored himself. Allen got around this by saying the land would be used for "public works" projects such as additional affordable housing for lower income families. That would all be a lie as Allen continued to build high arises all across the Bay Area.

In 2001 another gaffe would follow Allen. After purchasing a stretch of abandoned shops in Oakland, Allen began constructing new condominiums geared towards upper class buyers. After the buildings were finished arsonists would burn them down in retaliation for forcing many poorer families out of the area. Allen took to the press but slipped up commenting "Those thugs aint nothing but doo rag wearin' low-life black dogs!" This further angered the African-American community as arson would be widespread against all Young properties and offices in Oakland eventually forcing Young to halt projects in the cities until tensions cooled. Further controversy would ensue when Allen hired the notorious Hells Angels biker gang to begin protecting his properties; he would deny hiring them and insisted they were just being "good Samaritans" for protecting his assets.

Amidst all this controversy, Allen would meet the first love of his life actress and model AnnaMarie Laveau at a Tech Gala in Santa Clara. In 2001, they got married, and moved down to Long Beach CA. From 2002-2005, tales and rumors of arguments and public gaffes myred the Youngs in public gossip. In 2006, Allen filed for divorce and swore the move was “consensual and for the best”.

By 2008 with the crash of the housing market, Allen began expanding his company's operations all across California and even crossed state lines into Oregon and Washington. He began buying out homes for pennies on the dollar, promising families of cash upfront instead of mortgaging their properties. With this he either liquidated the properties or flipped the homes for a larger profit. The Young Group firmly setup offices in Portland and Seattle; in an attempt to improve the image of the company Allen began a low-income housing initiative in both Seattle and Oregon. He would buy homes and tear them down to either turn them into block-style apartment buildings or cheap run-down duplexes. The initiative, despite the appearance of the buildings, was a relative success. He employed the same model back home in California where he would build more duplexes and cheap apartment building in the Central Valley.

While all this was happening Allen met his second wife in 2007, Claudia Cruz. In just short 6 months of dating they got married that same year. On July 4th,2008, Allen bore his first and only child, Jaime Joseph Cruz. The Youngs moved back to SF, settling in a penthouse near Union Square.However, in 2009 tragedy struck when Claudia was found dead in their summer home in Long Beach. The cause: OD from painkillers. This tragedy would caused Allen to withdraw from the public eye reemerging from a reclusive state in early 2010. Allen has since never remarried.

In 2011, Allen Young would make his debut in the 2nd season of Shark Tank and began divesting into multiple startups. He would continue this all the way into 2015 when he made his exit to continue to focus on his business.

It wouldnt be until the 2016 Presidential elections that Young would immerse himself into politics. He wouldnt necessarily campaign or endorse any major candidate but he began speaking at multiple political events in California most notable would be the California GOP annual dinner in Sacramento where he gave his "Taking care of business" speech. Since then Young has been more active in politics, perhaps gearing up for something much bigger.

Other Info: He has an 11 year old son, he's a widow but likes to think of himself as a bachelor, I'm not sure what party he's gonna be affiliated with. Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything for his past, I kinda got lazy towards the end of his bio lol I'm sorry but I will elaborate if you have any questions. I'm new to NS but not new to rping I dont really care for the nation-esque rp's and this rp caught my eye so I'm happy to join if you'll have me lol

Looks generally fine and dandy to me, well thought out, well written, and good spread of weaknesses and strengths.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:41 am

Might actually have some time to day to finish that March elections things I've been crawling on

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:45 am

Brown Acre wrote:
(Image)

Character Age: 58
Appearance: (Image)
Biography: Allen is a bay area native. Born in Oakland to a middle class family in 1960, Allen lived comfortably in the regions not-so affluent area. His father owned a construction company and his mother was a nurse at the local clinic. Indeed the Youngs lived comfortably in the suburbs. Allen was a wild child through elementary years, stealing school supplies from his teachers, sparring with his music instructor, generally being rebellious and mischievous. He would often get into altercations with his classmates leading him to being expelled from public schools forcing his family to send him off to private school. This was relatively easy to afford for the Youngs as Allen was an only child.

Here in private school Allen cleaned up his act as the instructor was able to give more attention to Allen and give him more structure. He excelled at his general education; always at the top of his class in terms of math and english he honed in his academic skills. He continued to excel in his academics until he graduated in 1978 from Oakland High. He enrolled in CSU EastBay where he would pursue a business degree. There he would succumb to apathy and laziness. Allen smoked pot and immersed himself in the hippie culture. His conservative parents disproved and threatened to cut him off financially if he didnt clean up his act. His youthful stupidity got the best of him and he dismissed his parents ultimatum, he continued to party and fool around in college. His parents followed through with there threat and didnt give Allen a cent, forcing him to take loans and apply for grants. His father gave him a job at his construction company where he would work until his graduation from CSU Eastbay in 1982.

After graduating from Uni, Allen continued to work for his fathers company which became a prominent entity in the bay and soon caught the Real Estate bug. After studying profusely, he obtained his brokers license and through his fathers graces (but most importantly his money) Allen founded the Young Group, a real estate brokerage firm. Based out of the East Bay Young started out small. He would sell houses himself, hustling and bustling all throughout the Bay Area he managed to sell a million dollar mansion up in Berkeley and earned over a 20% commission allowing him to expand his business and hire on real estate agents; from there the business really took off. From 1985-1992, the company grew immensely. With the help of his fathers connections Allen found many leads which lead to multiple sales and therefore more business. He established a well-known presence throughout the Bay Area. In 1997 with the invention of the interwebs which lead to what would be dubbed the "Dot-Com" Boom Allen hit the jackpot for real estate.

With new developers and programmers rushing to California Young hit what he called the "New California Gold Rush". Acting on a popular business term called synergy Young contracted his dads construction company to build high rises in which he would rent out apartment rooms to the new techies flooding the Bay Area. By 2002, the Young Group would be valued at over 4 billion dollars thanks to subsequent housing deals. With the death of his father in 2003, Allen absorbed his fathers company into the Young Group and began realty development; he purchased many tracks of land often buying out poorer neighborhoods to build middle class housing. Allen became a proprietor of gentrification attributing him to his first public gaffe. After buying out an old cultural district in Alameda county in 1999 Allen was quoted saying "finally we can start getting rid of the smell" commenting on the neighborhoods lower class inhabitants. This sparked a public outcry and hundreds began a boycott of the Young Group. Many civil lawsuits would be filed against Young as families claimed that Allen bullied and intimidated them into deals that unfairly favored himself. Allen got around this by saying the land would be used for "public works" projects such as additional affordable housing for lower income families. That would all be a lie as Allen continued to build high arises all across the Bay Area.

In 2001 another gaffe would follow Allen. After purchasing a stretch of abandoned shops in Oakland, Allen began constructing new condominiums geared towards upper class buyers. After the buildings were finished arsonists would burn them down in retaliation for forcing many poorer families out of the area. Allen took to the press but slipped up commenting "Those thugs aint nothing but doo rag wearin' low-life black dogs!" This further angered the African-American community as arson would be widespread against all Young properties and offices in Oakland eventually forcing Young to halt projects in the cities until tensions cooled. Further controversy would ensue when Allen hired the notorious Hells Angels biker gang to begin protecting his properties; he would deny hiring them and insisted they were just being "good Samaritans" for protecting his assets.

By 2008 with the crash of the housing market, Allen began expanding his company's operations all across California and even crossed state lines into Oregon and Washington. He began buying out homes for pennies on the dollar, promising families of cash upfront instead of mortgaging their properties. With this he either liquidated the properties or flipped the homes for a larger profit. The Young Group firmly setup offices in Portland and Seattle; in an attempt to improve the image of the company Allen began a low-income housing initiative in both Seattle and Oregon. He would buy homes and tear them down to either turn them into block-style apartment buildings or cheap run-down duplexes. The initiative, despite the appearance of the buildings, was a relative success. He employed the same model back home in California where he would build more duplexes and cheap apartment building in the Central Valley.

It wouldnt be until the 2016 Presidential elections that Young would immerse himself into politics. He wouldnt necessarily campaign or endorse any major candidate but he began speaking at multiple political events in California most notable would be the California GOP annual dinner in Sacramento where he gave his "Taking care of business" speech. Since then Young has been more active in politics, perhaps gearing up for something much bigger.

Other Info: He has an 11 year old son, he's a widow but likes to think of himself as a bachelor, I'm not sure what party he's gonna be affiliated with. Let me know if I need to elaborate on anything for his past, I kinda got lazy towards the end of his bio lol I'm sorry but I will elaborate if you have any questions. I'm new to NS but not new to rping I dont really care for the nation-esque rp's and this rp caught my eye so I'm happy to join if you'll have me lol

This looks pretty good. Might be in trouble with the billionaire's rule though.

Don't know if the Cali GOP dinner is gonna put him in with them, we definitely have our abundance of GOPers with those kinds of comments...still I think he's interesting maybe in a way they haven't been and he is apparently independent.

The whole thing seems really familiar for some.reason though. This is your first time apping here?

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:15 am

With one well-placed fastball, Reed could avenge his father’s death.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am

Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 am

Locklear will likely never run for President unless the field is just complete and utter trash, her campaign would look a lot like Carly Fiorina’s.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am

As for 2020 wildcards, Stephens should absoloutely be watched. A ticket with him alongside someone like Denisevich or another younger lifelong Republican could be a serious one.

If Reed is out of the equation entirely, someone very unexpected might decide to do something, if prior conditions are met.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse