NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017:The U.S. Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. X

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:44 pm

Let’s see…what can I do while I’m waiting for my meeting with Vilseck to end.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:09 pm

Ooh! I have an idea, un momento.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:19 pm

viewtopic.php?p=35115401#p35115401

Alright, that’s what I’m gonna do while waiting. Please telegram me questions with the following format:
“Journalist’s/politician’s/other’s name, their affiliation, their question”

When I get five questions I’ll stop the questions.
Last edited by Granluras on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Time to continue the search for the new host of Late Night Tonight!

All those that received votes made it to the second round, those who did not were randomly assigned a value. Following their assignment, a random number generator produced 3 values, those 3 candidates with those values were eliminated.

Once again, you each have 3 votes and may distribute them to any of the candidates as you wish.

Round 2
"Say My Name, Say My Name"

Barbarossa is a dumb name. Call him Braden

2 votes Braden 1 vote Trinity

I still think you should find someone that looks like a comedian if you like those models instead of taking an IRL comedian and just remaking them

I wasn't planning on remaking them, but I recognize the issue with Seinfeld.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Ooh, also, I put all my three votes toward’s Barbarossa
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Def not getting accepted but why not. (Thanks Kelvin.)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: Jovuistan (DPRK made it, so all complaints go to him.)
Character Name: Jackson Chhurim Sherpa
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 36
Character Height: 5 feet 5 inches
Character Weight: 165 pounds
Character Position: State Senator of New Jersey(2014-present)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: New York
Character State of Residence: New Jersey
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Charismatic, Famous mountaineer, Widespread name recognition, Popular for obstructing the unpopular Governor, Cult like fan following
Main Weaknesses: Rather thick, Limited political experience, Incompetent mainly just good at obstructing
Biography:
Born to an immigrant Sherpa family in New York City, Jackson from the beginning was not a smart child, but he was somebody who was recognized for his athletic prowess at a young age. Even before his entry into kindergarten, he was recognized for his skill in climbing. Thus instead of getting an actual education like his peers, Sherpa spent his youth training to be a mountaineer. As a result he never really got into reading, nor books, resulting in a rather low intellect. However, what he lacked in brains he more than made up for in brawn. His climbing skills were excellent and thus he started his mountaineering career at the age of 12, not helping his already stunted intellect. He started off with numerous small peaks before moving on to the larger ones, all of which he conquered with ease. By the age of 16 he was recognized as one of the best youth mountaineers in the country and was captain of his high school's climbing team putting almost all of his teammates in the dust. Furthermore, despite his rather small physique due to his strong limb strength and rather nimble nature also made him a good fit for baseball.

So despite his rather limited intellect graduating with all Cs and Ds in high school, University of Washington was willing to overlook his stunted intelligence due to the fact that he was one of the best youth climbers in the country. Thus, despite his extremely poor grades he was able to squeeze into university due to brawn. This would be the first of many times where his brawn trumped brain. Like in most universities, Sherpa was enrolled in special athlete classes that passed him as long as he showed up to the exams, the following is what Sherpa wrote for his American History Class, which is not available to the public.

American History final
By Jackson Sherpa

Robert E. Lee was one of the most prominent Chinese Americans of all time. Robert E. Lee was born to a Chinese immigrant family. One day when Robert E. Lee was riding on a bus an evil general by the name of McClellan went up to him and said: "HEY YOU! Youc cannot sit here!". Robert E. Lee then went like: "OMG, why?". Then McClellan pointed his finger at a sign that read: "Only blacks and whites". Lee was then very shocked, and he soon transitioned to anger, and he frowned. He then punched McClellan in the face, and was arrested by a cop named Ulysses S. Grant who tried him at the Appomattox Court House in Virginia. However, thanks to numerous patriotic Virginians, Lee was able to secure the release of all of his Confederates if they just swore an oath to be loyal American citizens. That is why I believe Robert E. Lee was one of the greaterest Americans that ever existed.

THE END.

He got a B- for that report by virtue of being a student-athlete.

His extreme aptitude in mountain climbing, however, made him a great asset to the university. He won numerous climbing competitions and was thus commended by his school. He graduated university with a degree in communications. Due to cheaper housing prices he moved to Newark, New Jersey. He then enlisted in the United States Army, and due to his climbing prowess, he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division, and fought in Afghanistan with his Division. Of course, by then the mountains were a second home to him, and he killed numerous Taliban members who were holed up in their mountains strongholds. He estimated he killed around 12 people during his time in Afghanistan including one with his bare hands. He was then discharged from the military, and had no idea what to do with his life.

He decided to spend some years of his life climbing mountains. He summited Mt. Everest in 2007, Denali in 2008, K2 in 2009, and Kilimanjaro in 2010. However, during the expedition to Kilimanjaro, he took a tumble and effectively broke his leg, and led him isolated from the rest of the expedition. Fortunately, he was not too far from base camp, and he was able to reach base camp after 2 days of crawling. However, the leg was broken was badly that the doctors determined that he would walk with a noticeable limp for the rest of his life. He used that story to write the best selling book 48 Hours(which was in reality co-written with an actual author) which detailed his experiences. The book was later adapted to a movie. After spending 2 years recovering from his injury he decided to run for State Senate in 2013.

He won a landslide victory in the open seat in the heavily Democratic city of Newark. After his election he made a name for himself as the "Stubborn Sherpa". Due to his extreme incompetence, he mostly stuck to sponsoring the legislation of other Senators, chief among them was an attempt to concede completely to the school board's demands, which was vetoed by the Governor. In return Sherpa held up much of the Governor's bills by calling rollcall votes over and over again, among other ways. He is one of the Governor's Chief Opponents in the State Senate, refusing to compromise and insisting on a hardline approach for the Governor stating "No, Nay, Never" to compromise with the GOP Governor. Of course, due to the Governor's unpopularity, his hardline approach helped him greatly and gained up popularity. He also attempted to introduce a bill that restored Planned Parenthood funds in New Jersey, a bill that was relatively simple for his simple mind to grasp, which passed the State House but was vetoed by the Governor.

He has been a strong supporter of Schlang throughout his political career.

Other Info:
Seen as the most obstructionist member of the New Jersey State Senate
Walks with a limb due to a mountaineering accident

Political Positions(Written by a strategist):
Pro-Choice, abortion should be legal under all circumstances
Pro same sex marriage
Government should increase environmental regulations
Paid maternity leave
Establishment of a State Bank
Legalization of marijuana
Raise the min wage to 15 dollars an hour
Middle class tax cut, increase taxes on the rich
Reverse spending cuts
Fulfill pension obligations
Universal background checks, stronger gun control laws
Cracking down on police brutality

Do Not Remove: 84721[/quote]
Last edited by Jovuistan on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Die nasty!!111

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:34 pm

The one day I’m active in the forum, the forum isn’t as fast moving as it usually is :P
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:36 pm

Granluras wrote:The one day I’m active in the forum, the forum isn’t as fast moving as it usually is :P

I'll send you a question dw.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Granluras wrote:The one day I’m active in the forum, the forum isn’t as fast moving as it usually is :P

I'll send you a question dw.

Ah, thank you
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Thanks Xath for giving me my first question. There’s four slots left, please send me questions whenever you can guys.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Granluras wrote:Thanks Xath for giving me my first question. There’s four slots left, please send me questions whenever you can guys.

No problem, its kinda of aggressive hence Fox News.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:52 pm

Granluras wrote:Thanks Xath for giving me my first question. There’s four slots left, please send me questions whenever you can guys.

No problem, its kinda of aggressive hence Fox News.

Could’ve been hence anyone, but I’ll take it.

Also, quite off topic, but may I ask what characters you currently have? Wanna know if I might have any potential allies from your character repertoire
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Granluras wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:No problem, its kinda of aggressive hence Fox News.

Could’ve been hence anyone, but I’ll take it.

Also, quite off topic, but may I ask what characters you currently have? Wanna know if I might have any potential allies from your character repertoire

My characters are...

Scotty Marlowe...former Governor of California and then Attorney-General turned late night TV host and comedian. Fairly progressive and liberal before it was cool and is a well-known person. I would wager to say he is a household name and is fairly well-known, and his celebrity status certainly helps. He had a late night TV show and interviewed a variety of guests before his announcement to run for Mayor of Los Angeles. Has had a very progressive platform and is expected to win handily. Has been sought after for endorsements. The character model is Robin Williams

Eleanor McCroskey...two-term Representative from New York's 12th district. Walks the line of being moderate and progressive. Was the interim Chair of the DNC and was largely responsible for organizing the Unity Convention. She was pushed out for being overly emotional and was unable to provide stable leadership. She is a firebrand type character and aggressive. Her political future is up in the air and may not seek reelection. Active bill writer and has quite a significant name recognition despite being a representative though probably nothing major. Her background was being a teacher, then a principal, before leading the NYC school system under Mayor Beaumont. The character model is Tammy Duckworth.

Marli O...a political candidate for the Republican nomination for the NY Senate seat. She is an eccentric candidate. A Black and Latino woman who became a rapper then a producer. Largely insignificant career but has sought the nomination. She is running a fairly moderate campaign and is probably largely liberal on certain social issues, though she has kept quiet about this. A social media firebrand and is a fierce attacker. Has released albums. The character model is Cardi B.

Josephine Stafford...the former Senator from Michigan for something like 30+ years and the former Senate Minority Leader. One of the most recognizable women and African-Americans in the Democratic Party. Strong political capital and influence. Hardcore Democrat and a fairly moderate one at that. She believes in politics as it was and does not support liberals, but this has changed a bit due to Progressives. Former civil rights icon. Has created a powerful Democratic machine in Michigan and is one of the strongest fundraisers for the party. A powerful endorser for African-Americans. Controversial though, kinda of like Nancy Pelosi irl. Currently is creating a healthcare policy thinktank. The character model is basically any elderly black woman with an interesting hat (that's her quirk).

Julie Mondale...current Governor of Ohio. She holds similar positions as Kasich and is essentially a mix between a moderate Republican though she does expouse certain Reagan-esqe vibes. She hates unions and has helped dismantle them. More tolerant of other social positions and changes. Largely a tactical debator and has strong political experience. Supports Reed and other moderate Republicans. Is expected to retire or seek some other position in Reed's cabinet. Is a strong Republican leader in Ohio and probably a major political force for maintaining the strength of the party. The character model is Penelope Wilton.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:55 pm

Granluras wrote:Could’ve been hence anyone, but I’ll take it.

My characters are...

Marli O...a political candidate for the Republican nomination for the NY Senate seat. She is an eccentric candidate. A Black and Latino woman who became a rapper then a producer. Largely insignificant career but has sought the nomination. She is running a fairly moderate campaign and is probably largely liberal on certain social issues, though she has kept quiet about this. A social media firebrand and is a fierce attacker. Has released albums. The character model is Cardi B.

Oh boy, that ought to be a fun character

Josephine Stafford...the former Senator from Michigan for something like 30+ years and the former Senate Minority Leader. One of the most recognizable women and African-Americans in the Democratic Party. Strong political capital and influence. Hardcore Democrat and a fairly moderate one at that. She believes in politics as it was and does not support liberals, but this has changed a bit due to Progressives. Former civil rights icon. Has created a powerful Democratic machine in Michigan and is one of the strongest fundraisers for the party. A powerful endorser for African-Americans. Controversial though, kinda of like Nancy Pelosi irl. Currently is creating a healthcare policy thinktank. The character model is basically any elderly black woman with an interesting hat (that's her quirk).

So basically a female MLK who’s hyperbolic and intense (Pelosi)?

Julie Mondale...current Governor of Ohio. She holds similar positions as Kasich and is essentially a mix between a moderate Republican though she does expouse certain Reagan-esqe vibes. She hates unions and has helped dismantle them. More tolerant of other social positions and changes. Largely a tactical debator and has strong political experience. Supports Reed and other moderate Republicans. Is expected to retire or seek some other position in Reed's cabinet. Is a strong Republican leader in Ohio and probably a major political force for maintaining the strength of the party. The character model is Penelope Wilton.

Well that’s interesting, and I’m also planning on creating an Ohio character. However the anti-Union bit doesn’t sit well for me.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 pm

Granluras wrote:
My characters are...

Oh boy, that ought to be a fun character

So basically a female MLK who’s hyperbolic and intense (Pelosi)?

Well that’s interesting, and I’m also planning on creating an Ohio character. However the anti-Union bit doesn’t sit well for me.

Marli is fun. She also speaks in ebonics and tweets in ebonics. So that's an added layer.

Yes, Stafford is essentially a black, midwest Pelosi. Retired but nonetheless a powerful Democrat.

Mondale may fade from politics or may continue being involved. She may be a salvageable Republican Senatorial candidate especially after the major failure of the last candidate. Popular among Republicans and has lots of their support, less so from others.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Marli is fun. She also speaks in ebonics and tweets in ebonics. So that's an added layer.

Cardi B isn’t fun smh

Yes, Stafford is essentially a black, midwest Pelosi. Retired but nonetheless a powerful Democrat.

Interesting. Not likable, but interesting.

Mondale may fade from politics or may continue being involved. She may be a salvageable Republican Senatorial candidate especially after the major failure of the last candidate. Popular among Republicans and has lots of their support, less so from others.

Hmm, that might be beneficial for me. Especially if I seek to build up the local union.

Well, I’ll see who I come across first as Bartley, Ambrogino, or any of my future characters. Tis late so ima be going offline now.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:33 am

Stand by for thread change. Unfortunately, this will have to be managed via mobile, we will see if any hitches can be avoided. Expect minimal frills.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:35 am

With both threads reaching the end at roughly the same time, both new ones will be put up simultaneously as well, hopefully making for a fairly smooth transition, and a useful demarcation.

If desired, meetings already begun in the previous thread, press conferences or exchanges, can be brought to a conclusion there. At the last transfer, most preferred to move directly into the new thread with such, which is perfectly acceptable as well.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:37 am

Finally, if at all possible, avoid posting out-of-character in this thread past the links. Having them as the final post at the top of the page helps make any returning players coming back to thread aware of the transfer.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:07 am

What's up, dude?

Check out these sweet new threads!

In-Character Volume II

Out-Of-Character Part XI
Last edited by Prolieum on Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse