NATION

PASSWORD

Cum Aperito Pandemonium {DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:13 pm

This isn’t a good title, Faal.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Abserdia wrote:This isn’t a good title, Faal.

What's your problem with it?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Abserdia wrote:This isn’t a good title, Faal.

Probably because it has the word "cum" in it.

Also because I tagged. Yoshikage Kira expy? Yoshikage Kira expy.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Probably because it has the word "cum" in it.

F*cking Jojo characters.... NO THANKS. Jk

Also, Cum doesn't just mean "with", Latin is funny like that, as Cum also can mean "When"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Probably because it has the word "cum" in it.

Also, Cum doesn't just mean "with", Latin is funny like that, as Cum also can mean "When"

Cum also means [USER IS BANNED FOR THIS POST], but I'm gonna be a charming rogue.
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:Probably because it has the word "cum" in it.

Are you...

are you pure?
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Abserdia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Are you...

are you pure?

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Cum also means [USER IS BANNED FOR THIS POST], but I'm gonna be a charming rogue.

I know what it also means, but take a look at the context and get your minds out of the gutter.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Abserdia wrote:Are you...

are you pure?

Danceria wrote:Cum also means [USER IS BANNED FOR THIS POST], but I'm gonna be a charming rogue.

I know what it also means, but take a look at the context and get your minds out of the gutter.

I knew what it meant, it's just...

when you want people to join a roleplay...

wait. Some people do want that in a title...
Well then, carry on, Faal. You're a master of pandering.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Abserdia wrote:Are you...

are you pure?

Danceria wrote:Cum also means [USER IS BANNED FOR THIS POST], but I'm gonna be a charming rogue.

I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination.
Obligatory Quotes below

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 pm

We should really blame the English language for warping it's meaning. Darn British people!
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Vulnier wrote:We should really blame the English language for warping it's meaning. Darn British people!

Well technically it's slang, and American so you can't blame the Brits for that
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Vulnier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Vulnier wrote:We should really blame the English language for warping it's meaning. Darn British people!

Oh... in that case, darn us Americans and our slang!

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:28 pm

I'm not listening

I'm not listening

I'm not listening

Mondrova
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Character App
Name: Jonathon "Johnny" Finch
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Private
Bio: Jonathon Finch was born in Midtown Manhattan to an upper-middle-class family. His father worked in Risk Management Consulting and his mother was a fashion designer and professor; his younger brother was a would-be actor and his older sister was a diplomat in the making. For Jonathon though, what his future would hold was never very clear. All he could say for certain was that he was a people person.

He loved talking to people of any age, hanging out with his friends, and - as he grew older - being a shoulder to cry on. If you asked anyone about Johnny he was a polite, smart, and kind young man, no doubt bound for some success. And if you were to ask them what that success might be, they would always say, "something working with people, definitely." Hearing over and over again how affable he was, he looked to careers that might suit his strength. His mother and father would suggest a front office job at a good firm, or perhaps a talent agent or manager. Maybe even HR. With some time and maturity though, what Jonathon began to see clearly was that he wasn't just a people person. He was a helper. He just loved helping people.

So the decision was made within him, and he applied himself with vigor to his studies, determined to enter the field of medicine. Not traditional though, after all, he knew people were right. He was a people person, and bedside manner alone wasn't enough to scratch that particular social itch. With some time well spent online researching, he found himself allured to the field of Psychology and Psychiatric medicine.

On his 18th Birthday he was admitted to Columbia for neuroscience, and from there would attend the Stanford School of Medicine for his MD. His Residency would take him back to his beloved home, working at NY Presbyterian, again under Columbia's excellent tutelage.

At 30, he entered the professional field and began to make a name for himself, showing stunning success with even the most difficult of patients. If you were to ask him what his secret was, he would say both patience and empathy. Soon he had built a meaningful enough reputation to become a hot-topic among the affluent upper-east side socialites, all belabored with whatever problems they had - more than often - self-diagnosed. It was this attention that prompted his beginning his own practice at the age of 33, and that fueled his stellar career.

The money was good, and student debts were quickly slashed as high-roller paychecks started flooding his once meager account. He has even been readying to hire some new staff to help manage the influx of patients, and has been invited to a few conferences to discuss his success and methodology. Yet he has still remained a generous and gregarious soul, such that he affectionately begun to be referred to as Manhattan's very own Dr. Kind. In short, it would be fair to say life is looking up for our boy Johnny at the moment.

Appearance:

Starting Items: A 1plus 6 phone, his wallet, his house and car keys, an Audemars Piguet watch, a leather oxblood messenger bag containing: a notebook, a pen, a silk summer scarf, some mints, his phone charger, and a pair of sun glasses.
Power: Memory manipulation: Johnny has the power to alter the memories of both people he is interacting with and of himself. This take the form of memory alteration, which can be conflated with a second, imaginary power: memory recovery.

Memory alteration allows a memory to be changed to be anything he would like it to be, which is then adopted as memory by the brain as new memory. The confusion can arise when people, having no way of remembering what is no longer a part of their memory, think that what he has created is in fact a recovered memory. In truth, there is no process to recover a destroyed or forgotten memory.

The limitations of this power are as such. First, without preparation, only casual memories, recent memories, or memories being actively considered can be manipulated. This might be the location of ones keys, something someone just said, what a painting you just saw was of, if they had just seen Johnny, or even why they feel a certain way. The simpler or fresher the memory, the easier it is to change.

Second, to achieve a deep memory probe at least some amount of mental concentration is needed, which is limiting to movement and speech; that said no visual contact is needed for this power to work. So long as John can visualize what he is doing, he can probe a mind of someone nearby. Once a deep memory probe is commenced, a person memories can be searched through going as far back as they remember, and can be altered as is seen fit by Johnny. Should his actions result in a mental conflict for the afflicted, Jonathon feels a slight ringing and a mental "push" towards the problem. He can either resolve it or allow the mind to reconcile the problem itself; surprisingly the mind works well at making even nonsensical alterations fit within the mental narrative.

Thirdly, the reach of this power is effective with touch.

Finally, the changes this power makes do not align well with the passage of time, and the changes are as fast as John thinks of them. As such if he goes into ones mind with something prepared then even large changes can be quick. However, if he has to find a memory and then come up with a new narrative, the process can take longer than one would think, depending on how creative he is.

Skills: He is well versed in medical practice, still remembering much of watch he learned in medical school and residency. He is a solid cook and even has some hunting skill under his belt - a pastime his father and have shared over the years. He is also a creative type, something he often implements in trying different forms of treatment for patients. Above all though he excels at helping people through their problems and mental trauma.

RP Sample: As requested
Did you read the Rules? Yes
What about number 9? I was personally very moved by its eloquence.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: To add on to the above, Johnny is not much for violence. Having taken the Hippocratic Oath he lives to save not kill. Yet, he is no coward and considers himself a man who stands up for what is right, and will always try his best to support the team.
Likes: Kind hearted people, his coffee black, and his mom's spaghetti.
Dislikes: Cruel, callous, and unnecessarily violent people, though he will do his best to help rather than demonize them.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Theme Song: You got a friend in me - Randy Newman
Last edited by Mondrova on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We all ride the struggle bus sometimes

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:40 pm

A psychologist! Ha!

Hope this guy doesn't drop out, we're going to need him. :P

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Vulnier wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

We have pretty bad slang when compared to the rest of the English speaking world.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 pm

I have had this thread open in a tab since the minute you posted it and I still have not thought of what character fits the setting the best. Hm.

Does the planet blur the boundary of mythological and scientific?

I have a couple characters in mind, but I like to custom tailor them to settings and character interactions.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Abserdia wrote:
Vulnier wrote:

We have pretty bad slang when compared to the rest of the English speaking world.

True. Like how did we even came up with the slang 'Tubular'? Not to mention the other 80's slang...

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:25 pm

Vulnier wrote:
Abserdia wrote:We have pretty bad slang when compared to the rest of the English speaking world.

True. Like how did we even came up with the slang 'Tubular'? Not to mention the other 80's slang...

Funny you should mention that, I used tubular to make fun of 80s slang on this very website just a day or two ago.
Isn't that spooky? How coincidences can happen?
If M. Night Shyamalan has taught me anything, it's that things happening is very scary.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Vulnier
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Abserdia wrote:
Vulnier wrote:

Funny you should mention that, I used tubular to make fun of 80s slang on this very website just a day or two ago.
Isn't that spooky? How coincidences can happen?
If M. Night Shyamalan has taught me anything, it's that things happening is very scary.

*X-Files theme plays*

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 pm

You know what, screw it! I'm coming along for this space isekai adventure, and I'm bringing Jeremy with me!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Granis wrote:You know what, screw it! I'm coming along for this space isekai adventure, and I'm bringing Jeremy with me!

Yay, Jeremy is fun.

Mondrova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Charlia wrote:A psychologist! Ha!

Johnny will always be there for you. :p Assuming his acceptance haha.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Mondrova wrote:
Charlia wrote:A psychologist! Ha!

That's good, 'cause the moment Charlia joins an RP, psychologists are required.

Mondrova
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Charlia wrote:
Mondrova wrote:
That's good, 'cause the moment Charlia joins an RP, psychologists are required.

A shame he won't be able to prescribe drugs in the future then, I'm sure they would only help. :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse