NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Imperialism: A Colonization RP (Reboot, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Asardia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:As I RP'ed here before, can I bring back Mexico or Is this a repeat, with me having to make a whole new app

You can still RP as Mexico, though you would need to fill out the new and more detailed app

Ill try and RP as Ethiopia then.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

WIP post

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm

NS Name: The Federation of Kendor
Nation Name: Kingdom of Nusantara
Capital City: Jayakarta
Territory: All of unclaimed Indonesia, plus East Timor
Government type (Republic, Monarchy etc): Monarchy
Head of State:
Head of Government:
Population:
Religion: Islamism
Army:
Navy:
History (choose a point of origin to start from):
Additional Info:
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:43 pm

HEY EVERYBODY!

If you want a decent summary of the history of any given area or region, click here!

http://www.san.beck.org/EC-index.html

Asardia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 25, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asardia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:13 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:I forget. Since this is alt history, can I just drop Mexico and instead, claim all of Indonesia for my reservation?

Yes. But don't forget to explain how Indonesia managed to become independent since the Dutch had a lot of influence in the region.

Absolon-7 wrote:
Absolon-7 wrote:---

Alright, I'm finally done with my app.

Asardia wrote:Also, would anyone be interested in being the map maker? I'm not exactly the best with updating the maps

I can do the map if you want.

You're accepted. Here's the latest version of the map. I'll soon update the nation roster

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Oh, pretty. Reserve me a United States, perhaps with Articles of Confederation.

The US will be reserved

Bruke wrote:HEY EVERYBODY!

If you want a decent summary of the history of any given area or region, click here!

Thanks for the link. I'll include it in the OP
Last edited by Asardia on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If money is where you find happiness you'll always be poor
Often its not the driver but the passengers that find the right path

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

5pb wrote:"I'm cutting it off," Ayano raised an axe above her head

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Asardia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:I forget. Since this is alt history, can I just drop Mexico and instead, claim all of Indonesia for my reservation?

Yes. But don't forget to explain how Indonesia managed to become independent since the Dutch had a lot of influence in the region.

Absolon-7 wrote:
Alright, I'm finally done with my app.

I can do the map if you want.

You're accepted. Here's the latest version of the map. I'll soon update the nation roster

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Oh, pretty. Reserve me a United States, perhaps with Articles of Confederation.

The US is reserved

Bruke wrote:HEY EVERYBODY!

Are you saying that the Dutch is still more superior, and a great colonial empire

Perhaps something happened that caused every leaders there to unite against the Dutch
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Asardia wrote:----

Sweet! I'll post an updated map once a few more folks finish their apps and get accepted.

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:36 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Asardia wrote:

The US is reserved

Are you saying that the Dutch is still more superior, and a great colonial empire

Perhaps something happened that caused every leaders there to unite against the Dutch

If a revolt is how you want to unify Indonesia, then I'm with it.

Absolon-7 wrote:
Asardia wrote:----

Sweet! I'll post an updated map once a few more folks finish their apps and get accepted.

That works

North German Realm wrote:Cantello. HE's empire looks like a Persian rug more than a flag, ngl

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:48 pm

can I reserve Ethiopia?

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Bruke wrote:can I reserve Ethiopia?

Yes

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Asardia wrote:
Bruke wrote:can I reserve Ethiopia?

Yes

Thanks

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Asardia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:Are you saying that the Dutch is still more superior, and a great colonial empire

Absolon-7 wrote:

That works

So realistically, Indonesia is going to be colonized by the Dutch, and it couldn't be stopped. And the only way to be free and growing is by breaking earlier from Dutch colonization
My Dispatch

Konigreiches Bayern
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Konigreiches Bayern » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:14 am

>Communist Haiti in the late 19th century
This is going to end well.
Wonder what role I'd play, though...
...maybe conquering the rest of the Caribbean, opposing colonialism in Africa and spreading communism in the rest of the Americas?
IC Name: Bavaria
- Monument erected at Marienplatz in memory of 2005 Passau attacks
- Bavarian National Snow Games open in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- PM Gunther Windischmann celebrates New Years' 2019 with an extravagant display, including fireworks launched from Katyusha rockets and live shows from Swedish House Mafia, Fatman Scoop, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz, Panic! at the Disco, Lúcio, Mummenschanz and more.
-Video of Bavarian, German and Czech soldiers drinking and partying at the tri-point border for New Yearsgoes viral.
-The 'Von Schmidt' family reveal secret pretzel recipe after 300 years, ingredients include duck fat and Saffron salt
-Kaiser Oskar makes surprise visit to children's hospital in Nuremberg

Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWldPCrHKaA

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 am

The Federation of Kendor wrote:
Asardia wrote:

That works

So realistically, Indonesia is going to be colonized by the Dutch, and it couldn't be stopped. And the only way to be free and growing is by breaking earlier from Dutch colonization

Yes. Probably make it so that for whatever reason, the Dutch were pushed out of Indonesia before they had a chance to consolidate their power. Also keep in mind the Java War, which secured Dutch influence in the region

Konigreiches Bayern wrote:>Communist Haiti in the late 19th century
...maybe conquering the rest of the Caribbean, opposing colonialism in Africa and spreading communism in the rest of the Americas?

The Americans may have something to say about that

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Konigreiches Bayern
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Konigreiches Bayern » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 am

Asardia wrote:
The Federation of Kendor wrote:So realistically, Indonesia is going to be colonized by the Dutch, and it couldn't be stopped. And the only way to be free and growing is by breaking earlier from Dutch colonization

Yes. Probably make it so that for whatever reason, the Dutch were pushed out of Indonesia before they had a chance to consolidate their power. Also keep in mind the Java War, which secured Dutch influence in the region

Konigreiches Bayern wrote:>Communist Haiti in the late 19th century

So would the British, French, Dutch, Spanish and any other colonial empire holding land in the New World.

In fact, considering in the USA the red scare wasn't a really big thing around the 1880s (and god forbid the recklessness of the Wild West), it'd be a more opportune time to spread communism because the only other communist uprising happening before that was the Taiping rebellion in China in the 1850s, and it'd be another few decades before communism really gains traction.

Also, on another note, the only two nations America really cared about at the time were Mexico and British Canada, maybe Cuba here and there.
Getting Latin America to turn to communism early using missionaries, then using the massive sympathies and alliances to scare Europe away and make the rest of the Caribbean ours via. 'peaceful' inclusion into the Etazini Union as an autonomous EKR after independence is probably going to be my plan.
IC Name: Bavaria
- Monument erected at Marienplatz in memory of 2005 Passau attacks
- Bavarian National Snow Games open in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- PM Gunther Windischmann celebrates New Years' 2019 with an extravagant display, including fireworks launched from Katyusha rockets and live shows from Swedish House Mafia, Fatman Scoop, Hatsune Miku, Gorillaz, Panic! at the Disco, Lúcio, Mummenschanz and more.
-Video of Bavarian, German and Czech soldiers drinking and partying at the tri-point border for New Yearsgoes viral.
-The 'Von Schmidt' family reveal secret pretzel recipe after 300 years, ingredients include duck fat and Saffron salt
-Kaiser Oskar makes surprise visit to children's hospital in Nuremberg

Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWldPCrHKaA

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 am

Could I rp as the British Empire?

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Konigreiches Bayern wrote:
Asardia wrote:

So would the British, French, Dutch, Spanish and any other colonial empire holding land in the New World.

In fact, considering in the USA the red scare wasn't a really big thing around the 1880s (and god forbid the recklessness of the Wild West), it'd be a more opportune time to spread communism because the only other communist uprising happening before that was the Taiping rebellion in China in the 1850s, and it'd be another few decades before communism really gains traction.

Also, on another note, the only two nations America really cared about at the time were Mexico and British Canada, maybe Cuba here and there.
Getting Latin America to turn to communism early using missionaries, then using the massive sympathies and alliances to scare Europe away and make the rest of the Caribbean ours via. 'peaceful' inclusion into the Etazini Union as an autonomous EKR after independence is probably going to be my plan.

Oh I see. That actually makes a lot more sense than what I had originally thought. Your way to spread Communism might work

Novas Arcanum wrote:Could I rp as the British Empire?

Someone already started an application being the British Empire and said they were going to finish the app, but it's still incomplete.

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm

I’m gonna finish my app tomorrow, sorry it’s taking so long. Funky work schedule this week.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 am

Darn it British Empire is my favorite.

Welp enjoy ruling the waves lad :(

Asardia
Ambassador

Postby Asardia » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:Darn it British Empire is my favorite.

You can still be a country like France, which had a pretty impressive navy

"Wait wait wai... FUCK!"

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 am

The rules say reservations last 72 Hours or 3 Days, and that app was posted on Monday so technically I believe the reservation has expired.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 am

Duestchstien wrote:

The rules say reservations last 72 Hours or 3 Days, and that app was posted on Monday so technically I believe the reservation has expired.

Well, he said he was going to post his app today so I'll post an app tomorrow if he doesn't.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Ima just drop this... :unsure:

NS Name: Novas Arcanum
Nation Name:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.The British Empire.
Capital City:London
Territory:Image
Government type :Constitunal Monarchy
Head of State:Her Majesty Queen Victoria, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland , Defender of the Faith, Empress of India.
Head of Government:William Ewart Gladstone
Population: 307,512,568
Religion: Britain conforms to a policy of secularism regarding religion. Protestant Christianity is the most practiced in the homeland and dominions, while Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism, and Judaism, are practiced across the territories of the Empire.

Army:The British Army has a world-class fighting force, of well trained, and supplied units. Though not as large as nations such as France and Germany, it still commands a respectable force of 35,884 ethnically British troops stationed in the isles bolstered by a 130,000 reserve which many see unlikely to be utilized. In British India, there are 200,000 troops made up of both native conscripts and British soldiers. In other colonies around the world, militias combine to a total of 60,000 men, all British, all ready to fight for the Empire.

Navy:The Royal Navy is the greatest in the entire world, larger, more powerful and more modern than any other nation on the planet. Even with rising powers such as Germany, none can match the might of Her Majestys' Navy.

Channel Fleet: 10 battleships,8 ironclads, 12 Cruisers, 8 Monitors, 46 Frigates, 17 Man o' Wars, 30 Sloops, 15 Torpedo Boats,12 avisos,
Expeditionary Fleet: 7 battleships,14 ironclads, 9 Cruisers, 12 Monitors, 35 Frigates, 32 Man o' Wars, 40 Sloops, 18 Torpedo Boats,15 avisos
North American Station: 1 battleship,2 ironclads, 2 Monitors, 15 Frigates, 17 Man o' Wars, 10 Sloops, 5 Torpedo Boats, three avisos
South Atlantic Station: 10 Frigates, 5 Man o' Wars, 5 Sloops, two avisos
Oceanic Station: 2 ironclads, 1 Cruiser, 4 Monitors, 20 Frigates, 15 Man o' Wars, 10 Sloops, 4 Torpedo Boats, two avisos
Indian Station: 1 ironclad, 10 Cruisers, 6 Monitors, 15 Frigates, 24 Man o' Wars, 17 Sloops, 7 Torpedo Boats, four avisos

History :
The British Empire can trace it's first blossoming during the Age of Exploration when she competed with colonial powers such as Spain and France for domination of trade and commerce across the globe. England would establish settlements on the breast of the New World and the West Indies, while the East Indian Company would conquer territories at gunpoint in India. All these colonial enterprises would lay the foundations of her global empire. Britain would build her empire not through military conquest like Prussia but through the shrewdness of her merchants, not through brute strength but the power of her navy which guarded precious trade routes across the globe making England immensely rich and powerful. The industrial revolution would foster the explosion in science and industry giving her an even greater edge over her peers, and cementing her place has an industrial powerhouse. Of course, Britain would find herself at odds with continental powers first Spain, during the War of Succession, then France in the Napoleonic Wars.

The Napoleonic Wars would see Britain battling against France the fate of Europe and the world in the balance. In the end, Napoleon and his forces would be defeated at the Battle of Waterloo, and Europe would be forever changed. With the French menace subdued and the continent at last at peace, Great Britain would rise has the premier power of the world, giving birth to a 19th century Pax Britannica that saw the British Empire become the most powerful nation on the planet. It is now the dawn of 1884, and much has changed since that fateful day on Sunday, 18th June 1815. The concert of Europe plays on, and new players have joined the Great Game.

Though enjoying splendid isolation throughout most of the 19th-century things have changed. Britain has watched continental affairs closely, and taken into account the rapid rise of the German Empire, they watched has the Germans defeated the French in the Franco-Prussian war, and see it's influence spreading like fire across Europe. Has the Germans establish hegemony across the continent alarm bells ring on the islands. Like countless times before Great Britain, stands to oppose the strongest nation on the continent, to keep the balance of power is of the utmost importance.

No matter what occurs Great Britain will rule the waves, and the sun shall never set on the Empire. Even with rising industrial powers such as Germany, and Japan, the 19th century shall end a British century, and begin anew in the 20th. Has the old anthem goes Rule Britannia! Britannia rule the waves!
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:33 am, edited 9 times in total.

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Just hopped on to do my app and saw yours. Have fun with the brits, I feel like your more suited for this rp than myself.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Rhinocera wrote:Just hopped on to do my app and saw yours. Have fun with the brits, I feel like your more suited for this rp than myself.

Poppycock! Perhaps you could play has the French and help me oppose those damned Germans!

(Btw just joking I love Germany)

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:---

ooof, all those islands are gonna be a pain to fill in.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse