NATION

PASSWORD

The Legends of Eroris: Brotherhood [OOC/Fantasy Medieval]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:25 pm

Rygondria wrote:Thought i would not see erois again, color me intrested.

Nice to have you back! Also... posted... finally...

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Can i join? I promise i will be active this time.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can i join? I promise i will be active this time.

You'll need an app for that of course. Once you get that done I'd be happy to allow you to join

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Alright

Rygondria
Negotiator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Thought i would not see erois again, color me intrested.

Nice to have you back! Also... posted... finally...

I am aiming for a Lord who would stand as vanguard of his province/first line of defence, and it appaers Cerueon fits that role and also fits for the theme for said lord.
Last edited by Rygondria on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Everhall wrote:Nice to have you back! Also... posted... finally...

I am aiming for a Lord who would stand as vanguard of his province/first line of defence, and it appaers Cerueon fits that role and also fits for the theme for said lord.

Just gonna put it out there that Ceureon does not control the wall

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rygondria wrote:I am aiming for a Lord who would stand as vanguard of his province/first line of defence, and it appaers Cerueon fits that role and also fits for the theme for said lord.

Just gonna put it out there that Ceureon does not control the wall

I was really aiming for any lordship that could be possibly used as a border vanguard/marcher lordship. does not necessarily need to control the wall though.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Everhall wrote:Just gonna put it out there that Ceureon does not control the wall

I was really aiming for any lordship that could be possibly used as a border vanguard/marcher lordship. does not necessarily need to control the wall though.

If you're going for that esthetic I'd advice having a county in the each on the Divide such as Calfon (Stonereach) or Ceureon which is also good. You'd have to focus mostly on he Orcish border because all provinces are in the Empire now but Orsinium has a problem with orcish warlord raiding the Reach

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rygondria wrote:I was really aiming for any lordship that could be possibly used as a border vanguard/marcher lordship. does not necessarily need to control the wall though.

If you're going for that esthetic I'd advice having a county in the each on the Divide such as Calfon (Stonereach) or Ceureon which is also good. You'd have to focus mostly on he Orcish border because all provinces are in the Empire now but Orsinium has a problem with orcish warlord raiding the Reach

That i am sure will work finely, though i suppose Hagrid is a off the table ?

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Everhall wrote:If you're going for that esthetic I'd advice having a county in the each on the Divide such as Calfon (Stonereach) or Ceureon which is also good. You'd have to focus mostly on he Orcish border because all provinces are in the Empire now but Orsinium has a problem with orcish warlord raiding the Reach

That i am sure will work finely, though i suppose Hagrid is a off the table ?

I mean you'd have to be a dwarf and fight off underground bug monsters. Though the dwarves I have found are the least played/loved race of Eroris :p

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rygondria wrote:That i am sure will work finely, though i suppose Hagrid is a off the table ?

I mean you'd have to be a dwarf and fight off underground bug monsters. Though the dwarves I have found are the least played/loved race of Eroris :p

Meh i will stick to the marcher Lord, but i am sure some one will love the dwarves eventually

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Everhall wrote:I mean you'd have to be a dwarf and fight off underground bug monsters. Though the dwarves I have found are the least played/loved race of Eroris :p

Meh i will stick to the marcher Lord, but i am sure some one will love the dwarves eventually

Do you have a discord?

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Meh i will stick to the marcher Lord, but i am sure some one will love the dwarves eventually

Do you have a discord?

Yep heading on right now

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm

I will post tomorrow. Dear lord that was a sudden turn of events.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:32 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:I will post tomorrow. Dear lord that was a sudden turn of events.

Told ya shit was gonna happen

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Everhall wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:I will post tomorrow. Dear lord that was a sudden turn of events.

Told ya shit was gonna happen

I mean, yeah, didnt think you would go full Cersei on them.

I will get a post out tomorrow after work.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Somewhat updated

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:29 am

Most Likely Finished Entries
(Finished)Mensir: Though the Mensir are sometimes thought to be a form of lesser Dea'ra, the truth is much stranger. Mensir are initially formless, when they first come into being, but as they grow and feed, they attain a form. This form is determined by that which they hunt. A Mensir that feeds from animals attains a similar, but unique form, same for one that feeds of the Races.They are different from most of the Beasts of Eroris, which rely on brute strength or force of numbers.

They possess potent magic that affects the mind, only the strong of mind and will can even hope to resist a Mensir's magic. Though rather dangerous, Mensir are solitary beings and are rarely actually seen, but every so often a sailor will go missing from a ship, a guard will go missing from his post, or a child would vanish while exploring as children do. Rarely will a Mensir's victim resurface, but they can be easily recognized as they are husks of their former selves, vacant eyed and nearly unresponsive, most of the time.

(Finished) Krystalou: Though there are many strange beasts that roam Eroris, many consider the Krystalou to be the strangest. Many think that Krystalou have no set form, often appearing as animals or humanoids made of crystal or possessing crystaline growths. The truth is that the growths themselves are the Krystalou, they attach themselves to a host and eventually consume them, attaining a facsimile of the hosts form. While attached to a host, they grant the host increased magical affinity, at the expense of health.

The origins of Krystalou are shrouded in mystery and few know of it. Most speculate that Krystalou originate from experiments concerning creating Golems using living beings as a material. Though brittle looking, the crystalline structure of Krystalou is strong and resistant to magic, but weak against blunt crushing force. The pieces of a Krystalou's body are sought after by magic users, as they conduct magic well. In truth, before their were Krystalou, there were the Kryst, a tribe of men that sought power above all else, to this end they implanted strange crystals of all colors into themselves, eventually giving rise to the Krystalou.

Krystalou usually take influence from those they take the forms of a Krystalou in the form of a wolf will travel in packs, while those that have consumed members of the Races are generally more intelligent, but not overly so. Despite the fact that Krystalou take traits from those they have the shape of, they tend to congregate, or be near one another, regarldess of shape. Typically Krystalou are strong, tough and resistant to magic, a trait shared by their Hosts as well, for as long as the host lasts.

(Finished) Ihbb: Ihbb are massive semi aquatic reptiles, easily reaching 20 or 30 feet in length on average. They continue to grow as they age, and they can grow quite old, often outliving their Nagi caretakers. They are similar to turtles more than anything else,with large tough shells and large beaks. They are capable of walking and traversing land, but most larger ones prefer to stay in the water. They are rather docile, much of the time, but are fiercely protective, and despite having few means of attacking, foes that have underestemated them have ended up as Imarith fodder.

(Finished) Rhag: close relative of the Ihbb, Rhag are massive reptilian quadrapeds used by the Races of the Akounate. Many mistake them for being distant relatives of Dragons, but are in truth just massive magically enhanced lizards. Despite being related to the Ihbb, they prefer dry environments to wet ones, though can traverse a variety of terrain.They have strong limbs that are tipped with sharp claws that help them grip the terrain and tear through the flesh of enemies.
Their mouths are full of sharp teeth, they fall out on occasion but regrow quickly. Once they were used as tips for spears and arrows, long ago. In addition to their teeth and claws they possess tough scales and a venomous bite, as well as a quickness one wouldn't expect from their size. More often than not they are used by scouts or for combat on uneven terrain. Despite their large size they are reasonably fast, and can put on bursts of speed that can overtake horses.

(Finished) Chyss: though Rhag can traverse rough terrain, they are often too large or heavy for traversing steep terrain. Chyss are similar in looks to Rahg, but are typically much smaller and slimmer in appearance. While Rhag are usually dark brown or black in appearance Chyss are much lighter in hue, as well as being much more varied. Not only are they rather nimble but they are capable of sticking to surfaces as well and portions of their skin secrete toxins that can be useful.

(Finished) Rogh: (crocodilian mount) though the Ihbb are used to carry many troops, the Rogh are used as personal mounts by many. They are slightly smaller than the Rahg, but are of similar shape, but their hides are tougher, with rows of spines terminating at the tail. Though physically weaker than their landlocked cousin, they possess a stronger bite and grip, making them a dangerous foe. Their natural patterns make them well suited for ambush attacks on aquatic venues. In the wild they are very family based, with a dominant pair holding sway over several younger Rogh, usually their own offspring.

(Finished) Whuna: Whuna are large beings, easily reaching 6 feet in height at the shoulders. They have six legs, thick and powerful, easily able to carry its own weight along with passengers. They were originally used as livestock and beasts of burden, but in recent years have been adapted for warfare. A line of Charging Whuna is a terrifying sight. They can carry a tremedous burden, enabling them to carry many times their own weight altogether, thus fully armored Whuna with armored riders are able to move with relative ease. They are usually only found in the more southern climates of the Reach, and very rarely in Pandora.

(Finished) Weseh: Weseh are small in size compared to most Beasts brought over by the Akounate, but they are smart rather agile creatures. They are small felines, though can grow to the size of wolves. Though incapable of magic, Weseh are extremely intuitive and can learn to recognize what is safe and what is dangerous easily enough. Their size and mostly docile nature would cause many to think of them as being domesticated pets, but that would be a fatal mistake. They are first and foremost Beasts, but to those they have recognized, they are kind and gentle unless provoked. They have sharp claws and teeth, as well as perfect night vision and great agility.

The Raj, perhaps feeling something akin to kinship, were the first to make use of the Weseh for hunting and later scouting. Later as society developed it became possible to 'train' them, but only the most loyal Weseh take to this training. Many a would be thief or burglar have falling to a Weseh's teeth and claws, either not noticing it or mistaking it for a harmless housepet. Despite not being capable of speech or higher thought, they are frighteneningly intelligent compared to most Beasts, and have been shown to employ complicated tactics.

(Finished) Imarith: large reptilian Avian possessing of soft scales/feathers, that are in actuality quite tough. They are large and swift in the air, and capable of great acceleration. Despite their frightening appearance and demeanor, they prefer their prey dead, or nearly so. Adult Imarith are usually solitary hunters , but juveniles and family units often hunt together. Smaller Imarith will actually hide themselves in the shadow or form of their larger brethren, only showing themselves to deliver lightning quick dive bomb attacks.

Though found in more than a few provinces in Eroris, Imarith prefer both high places and dry climates. Unlike many other Beasts of Eroris there arent exactly variants of them, they are surprisingly versatile and can live in the North as easily in Pandora. This is only true for adult/full grown Imarith however, younger Imarith are forced to dwell in their region of birth until they become fully grown, then they are free to roam Eroris as they please.

(Finished) Horned Jungle Viper: a relatively small Serpentine beast that possesses a rather potent venom. It can change its appearance somewhat, it is not uncommon for someone to brush against some vines, only to end up with a Jungle Viper attached to them, or to get bitten. They are capable of releasing venom through a bite, they can also excrete it from their skin and the horns on their head region. Despite their small size, their scales are tougher than one would think and are capable of blocking some smaller weapons.

(Finished) Nah'ni: the Nah'ni are arguably one of the oldest beasts of Eroris, with some Castes out living elves. Most Nah'ni are larger than any members of the Races but the largest, and even those can be dwarfed in some cases. For the most part Nah'ni live in hives, with its members divided into Castes, there are two main Castes, Worker and Soldier Castes, with every Hive being lead by the Queen, which is the most intelligent and most powerful of the bunch. the Workers are the most numerous, but are rarely seen, and they stay within the Hive making it larger and growing food for the Hive, in a sense.

Soldier Caste Nah'ni are extremely touugh, with thick Chitinous armor plates capable of repelling arrows and blunt attacks. They can grow large in size, dwarfing Orcs and even Ogres or GIants, very rarely in size, but Nah'ni Knights, as they were called, have not been seen since they first spread across Eroris. The Nah'ni have existed for a long time, but they were first discovered by the Dwarves, when they dug too deep. That was what led the Nah'ni out into the world, prior to that they had been strictly underground.

Though Nah'ni Workers do not live for too long, same with most members of the Soldier Caste, Queens can live for centuries, and even millennia, if some records are to be believed. Once the chitinous carapaces of the Nah'ni were used as armor, and some still are, by a few people. They are many, and a Hive can nearly be destroyed, only to recover within a few years, so they are dangerous foes, thankfully few large Hives still exist. They do not make use of conventional weapons, or even improvised ones as goblins and such do, rather they rely on the sharp scythes they possess, with some being capable of spitting globs of acid, or creating electricity, with a select few actually being capable of using magic.

While generally Nah'ni resemble giant insects, of various shapes and sizes, there are some members of the Castes that have humanoid forms( insert scary arthropoid pic here). Generally speaking the more humanoid a Nah'ni looks, the more intelligent and powerful they are, this is especially evident with the Queen, and other rare Nah'ni. Nah'ni Hives can be easily found in areas with an over abundance of insect activity, it seems

(Finished)Thangar- There are many things that dwell within the deep places of Eroris, one of those things are the Thangar. The Thangar are also known as False Dwarves, bearing a startling resemblance to the stout warrior folk. The truth is that they are, or rather were dwarves once, just as those living Above have their fair share of illnesses to deal with, so to must those Below. There is a rare sickness, a disease of unknown origins, that twists those afflicted by it, causing stone like lesions and growths to appear, the victim becomes wilder and wilder as the sickness takes them.

Thangar are far stronger than a normal dwarf, and far tougher, but they are mindless, or nearly so in their ferocity, making them not too difficult of foes. They also are weak against magic, and light, though nearly impossible to harm with normal weapons. They are very rarely encountered, and only Dwarves can become Thangar, or even catch the disease that gives birth to them.

(Finished)Parasitus- One of the more dangerous things found in the Deep places is the Parasitus. At first glance it appears no different from other mosses or fungi found in the deeps of Eroris, the only thing setting it apart is its sheer size and the fact that it shimmers in many different hues. This has caused more than a few foolish people to take some to their home or give it to friends, only to be consumed by the strange Beast. Parasitus are parasites of sorts, latching onto anything to gain nutrients, and they can gain nutrients from nearly anything, living or inanimate.

They are more often than not found in areas where there is or once had been a great deal of decaying or decayed life, plant, animal, or person. Typically they are stationary, staying in one spot for most of their lives, only moving if endangered or in times of great hunger. There have been sightings of Parasitus with a humanoid form, they are highly mobile and aggressive. A Parasitus will latch onto a host if not rooted and will gradually take them over. Some large Parasitius have shown to been able to control multiple hosts along with maintaining a rooted form.

It is the latter form of Parasitus that are the most feared, the instant one is sighted troops will be mobilized or mercs will be hired to dispatch it. Though fire killed them quickly enough when injured or upon a non fiery death they release spores, spores that are capable of infecting and parasiting upon those unfortunate enough to get caught up in them. Their origins are shrouded in mystery, some say they were originally Geia's creations, twisted by Dazarae, Dreadlord of Woe to carry out some nefarious purpose, others believe they were twisted by alchemy, but the true story is unknown.

(Finished)Harpies: Harpies also called False Bird-kin, are pesky Beasts capable of magic and mimicking voices. They have the appearance of Men or Yaar, mixed with massive birds. They are ugly in appearance, typically, though there are exceptions, most Harpies are the size of the Races, give or take. They travel in family groups of 5 or more, usually, the older a Harpy gets the darker its plumage is, usually. Most Harpies are capable of mimicking speech and other sounds, to lure in prey, and a few have shown a modicum of intelligence. There are a rare few Harpies that have shone the ability to use magic, to confuse and harass their prey.

There are both male and female Harpies, with winged arms that are feathered, along with birdlike legs with large grasping talons. Their torsos are largely bare with sparse feathering here and there, with roughened usually wrinkled skin covering the rest. Their skin color usually matches the skin color of the Race whose visage they wear, they also have hair adorning their heads, which matches their faces and skin color. It is unknown how their looks are determined, or even why they have they have appearances similar to races of Eroris.

(Finished)T’taum: T'taum are strange creatures, they appear akin to statues, of all shapes and sizes, but no larger than an Orc, with elaborate patterns adorning them. They have roughened dark grey skin, similar to stone in appearance, but much tougher. T'taum are strange beings, who are difficult to truly injure, and unless famished or extremely weakened, otherwise they appear to be statues, expertly carved ones. When fully fed they are extremely fast and just as strong, being capable of overpowering many foes larger than themselves.

They feed by draining the life force and energy of their prey, this is accomplished in two ways most typically. The first and most common of these ways is to pose as a statue, a simple feat, and drain the victim as they sleep. Over time the victim will become haggard and slow, eventually dying, in one way or another. The least common way is by ambush tactics, they immobilise their prey and forcefully drain the life and energy from their unlucky victim. It is unknown why they rarely do the later, perhaps it is because they have learned how to hunt more efficiently over time.

They are initially formless beings, that eventually choose a form, it is this form that they masquerade as for the rest of their life. Though they must remain in their chosen form, it is unknown why, they can change it a bit, they can make their fingers into talons, give themselves sharp teeth or change the expressions of their visage. Their origins are unknown, some believe they were originally constructs of a Dread Mage, beings used to absorb life force for their spells and rituals, that eventually escaped. Others believe that they were originally a type of vampire, that became cursed and bound to a stony form, others still believe that they are a type of Mimic.

(Finished)Sandwurms: large bulbous creatures that inhabit the deserts of Eroris, they have large mouths filled with rows of sharp grinding teeth. They are capable of eating and digesting nearly anything, from rocks to armor, it is not strange to find rich mineral veins in old Sandwurm tunnels. Despite this, there are things they find unpalatable, precious stones and metals in particular. Adult sandwurms grow to about 20 feet in length on average, with males being larger, the largest sighted Sandwurm, the Sand Mother is over 30 feet in length. Typically Sandwurms hunt by vibration along with a few other senses, and they are ambush scavengers, usually only hunting down the weak and injured.

Their skin is thick and tough, able to withstand being pierced by spears, arrows, and even swords, it is not a strange sight to see a Sandwurm with weapons or pieces of them littering its hide. They do not heal particularly fast, but they have an astonsihing vitality, many a hunter have spent days tracking a 'fatally' wounded Sandwurm only to wind up the prey instead. While not healing fast, they can survive with much of their body, even their head missing, and regrow the missing parts given time and food, as they do not only eat that which jumps willingly into their gaping maws.

(Finished)The Sand Mother: (Legendary Beast) The Sand Mother is a massive Sandwurm, dwarfing most other Sandwurms, even full grown males by more than a few feet. Her hide is covered in scars, both from weapons and from magic, a testament to her might. Aside from the scarred and pockmarked areas of her hide, it is mostly smooth, and a sandy yellow, colored and rubbed smooth by her time in the sands. Though sandstorms are not an uncommon occurrence in the sandy Expanses of Pandora, the presence of a sandstorm just before the Sand Mother and her Brood strike has led many to believe she is capable of controlling the wind and sand of Pandora.

While Sandwurms are a near constant plague to most of Pandora the Sand Mother and her Brood are legendary in this aspect, many a Merchant caravan, bandit group or even military group have been lost in her Territory. Her territory is believed to span the sands from just south of Dune to not far from Orisis, but she has been sighted at one time or another all over Pandora. She travels with her Brood, her young, a group of around 5-10 Sandwurms, usually juvenile, when one becomes fully grown they leave her region and go elsewhere.

(Finished)Treants- It is said that Treants, like their Dryad kin were created by Geia, the Goddess of Nature, to be her emissaries, others say that they were created by Oeric Kalyfir, to serve as guardians of the School of Kuruth. Regardless of their origins, they are powerful and noble beings, capable of growing and herding normal trees, in a sense. Though rarely seen outside of Eldrion, Treants, or variants of them, can be found everywhere in Eroris, in some shape or form. In the lands of the Pandora there are songs and stories about travelling oasis’ and other plant life migrating. (might make these MYthical Beasts, being rather rare, while the Keeper is a Legendary Beast.

(Finished) Dryads- While Treants are literally living and moving Trees, one could say that Dryads are their opposite in a sense, with their tree form being bound to one place. They are typically of feminine appearance, but in truth are androgynous, not having a true gender, as we think of them. They are powerful beings, capable of fighting Drakons, to a point. They are ephemeral in appearance, and do not age beyond a certain point, as long as their chosen tree still stands. Unlike Treants, they are only found in Eldrion, some say this is due to it being their birthplace, but no one knows the true reason.

(Finished)Flesh Golems- No one quite knows how these misshapen monstrosities came into being, some belive they are errant servants of the Dread, twisted to serve their masters even after death, others believe they are a form of Lost One, a strange type of Undead. Regardless of what these misshapen monstrosities might be, the fact is that they are dangerous things, extremely so. The can absorb dead flesh and corpses, both to heal themselves and to increase their size and strength. It is a foolish matter to challenge a Flesh Golem in a Tomb or Graveyard.

(Finished)Nybas- The Nybas is a type of beast from the Dread, they are monstrous in both appearance and manner. They are malicious and intelligent, taking time to torture their victims, but they are rare due to the fact that they must eat great amounts of things to both survive and maintain their presence in Eroris. They are strong for their size, and their tough hide and natural armor makes them hard to be injured by mundane means, and even if they or their summoner are vanquished, they may not truly be dead, and they hold grudges. They are typically found in the service of Dea'ra or Dread mages, and make for frightful foes.

(Finished)Sky Queen: (Legendary Beast) The Sky Queen is a massive and equally ancient Imarith that has inhabited Orsinium for a long, long time. Legends of the Sky Queen can be found as far back as the Second Age. Tales of the Sky Queen cannot just be found in her current roost of Orsinium, but even as far south as Pandora. She, for the Sky Queen is a female, is utterly massive, and has not stopped growing, or so it appears. Some do not believe the legends, or even what they have seen, they believe that the Sky Queen is not one, but rather has been several Massive female Imarith, and the title has migrated to a different one over time.

She gives birth to and houses her young, her flock, she acts as a living nest for them, it is unknown how this is accomplished, but she lives in tandem with her flock. Due to her massive size she is strong, but rarely does she actually hunt or fight, she is too cumbersome in size. She is intelligent, very much so, perhaps due to her age, and can direct her flock through a mental link she shares. She can manipulate wind and perhaps use other types of magic, that in addition to her sizeable flock, make her and extremely dangerous foe. Unlike normal Imarith, she has a 'crown' consisting of rough horns rising from just above her eyes.

(Finished)Mimics: (Why? because Fantasy adventure isn’t fantasy adventure without harmless looking pieces of furniture trying to murder you.) Like many a Beast recorded here, Mimics, as common folk call them, are of unknown origins. Some think they are a construct of Nebunie, the Dreadlord of Madness, others think they were an attempt at creating the perfect assassin. They are capable of assuming any shape, though most favor inanimate objects such as chests or cabinets. They are shapeshifters, and thus cannot just assume their preferred forms, but also the forms of any being or object they have consumed. They are weak to fire, heat, and lightning generally, but heal extremely quickly, this is especially so if they are freshly fed.

(Finished)Shadowlings- in the Dark places of Eroris, even the shadows themselves are home to things of an unsavory nature. Shadowlings, as they are called, are rather strange beings, being relatively formless but able to assume any form. They are frightening foes, and seem to know which forms are the most terrifying for those they face. Though natural light hurts them, they can shift from being ephemeral, untouchable to being physical beings, all the while still able to manipulate their forms and the darkness in which they dwell as they please.

(Finished)Lava Serpents: The magma floes of Valyaria are home to many creatures, one of which is the Lava Serpent. They are essentially snakes, massive snakes of great size and power, as while they typically ambush prey that get close to the lava, they can break through the ground as well. Due to their habitat they are immune to heat and many can manipulate heat and even the lava they live in. Strangely enough they do not possess fangs, as they have no venom, rather they have mouths full of small needle sharp teeth used for gripping and ripping flesh. Their scales are dark in color and are extremely hard, but there are gaps between some of the larger scales.

Due to the fact that Lava Serpents dwell in and around lava floes, it is no surprise that one can often find mineral and gem deposits near Lava Serpent dens. PErhaps due to the fact that they cannot fully digest them, but the smooth underground tunnels of Lava Serpents are often lined with diamonds and other precious gems and minerals. More than a few times has a Dwarf dug into what appeared to be an old cavern formed by lava, only to both discover its great wealth and that it was not uninhabited at all. THough more often than not found in Valyaria they can be found anywhere there is Lava, or nearly so.

(Finished)The Beast: (Legendary Beast) a massive bizarre Lava Serpent with the face of a Raj that has plagued Valyaria for untold years. Some speculate that it is a Chimaera of sorts, others think that it once attacked a Raj of great magical prowess, whose final spell twisted their forms into one forever. While typical Lava Serpents only grow to ten feet or so in length it is much larger and thus stronger than any other Lava Serpent. Unlike most Lava Serpents the Beast, as most refer to it has no gaps in its scaly hide and has survived rocked falling on it and many a spell and blade from its Valyar prey.

(Finished)Elemental Spirits: There are many places of Eroris that are known for their extreme climates. It is in these places that one might find Elemental Spirits, one of the most elusive Beasts of ERoris. It is not known how they come into being, some say they are born of extreme temperatures, others say that strong elemental Variant Beasts give birth to them upon their deaths. Regardless of their origins, they are extremely powerful, and if you encounter them in their home climate, it is best to avoid them.

Generally Elemental Spirits are formless, and shapeless, with only a loose form being attained at any point in time. It is said that powerful enough spirits can possess a physical being, be it a Beast or one of the Races. Some say that those with an exceptional amount of skill with one element or another are possessed by one of these Spirits. Some mages with extreme skill in Elementalism can make pacts with these Spirits, giving them a form, and able to draw upon their powers.

(Finished)Elementals- Elementals are beings that once roamed Eroris, even before the Provinces came into being, and perhaps even before the Ren. They were extremely powerful beings, beings that could govern the elements at a whim, but as the Races came about, Elementals vanished. It was with their deaths that Elemental spirits and the Elemental Variant beasts came about. There are few records about them, records that have survived, some even believe that they never actually existed, but at this time, it is unknown. Some say however, that some Elementals still walk the land, but bound to bodies of flesh and blood rather than the elements they govern.

(Finished)Slimes: Slimes are strange beings, that can be found nearly anywhere in Eroris, being nearly as widespread as Dire Animals. Appearance-wise they are akin to mounds of jelly or slime, with a spherical core suspended in their mass. They are typically small, but can increase their size and their numbers by consuming enough material, any material. Some slimes can take on the traits of what they eat, be it metal, ice, or even flame, and gain corresponding traits, be it a resstance or immunity to metal, magic or one element or another.

Generally slimes are immune to physical damage, their forms reform when crushed or split, their only shared weakness is to magic, and the destruction of their cores. The core usually floats within their gelatinous forms, and can be moved about at will. They are generally mindless creatures, only being faithful to their instincts. Aside from their general weaknesses each Variant of slime has their own specific weaknesses, which can vary from their opposing element to salt to wood or even sunlight.

(finished)Shell Beasts: While many Beasts of Eroris are found on the land or above it, there are some who live within it, entirely so. Shell Beast are so called because all of them, despite varying differences between them, have hard shells, of some sort, some are naturally grown others are made or found. Aside from that and the fact that they all live within or in extremely close proximity to water, there are many differences between the types of Shell Beasts. Generally their shells are tough, no matter the material, a side effect of housing the Shell Beast, and while many are or rather were rocks or genuine shells it is not a rare sight for a Shell Beast to have a Shell made from pieces of armor.

Despite their generally ferocious appearance most Shell Beasts are in fact either Herbivores or bottom feeders, feasting on plantlife or the like instead of flesh and meat. That being said, there are a few that eat flesh, they typically have beaks or snapping jaws, useful for tearing flesh from its former owner. Regardless of their dietary preference Shell Beasts are tough and dangerous foes, though most are docile unless provoked. Most Shell Beasts, aside from their 'shells' also possess claws capable of crushing armored foes to tendrils covered in a mucus that debilitates their foes.

Many Shell Beasts are large in size by default, easily growing to the size of the Races or larger, there are a few that are absolutely gigantic. These massive Beasts prefer the deep waters of the Ocean of Eroris, though a few deep lakes are home to large Shell BEasts as well. Some Shell Beasts are often responsible for missing or sunk ships, incidents that are usually attributed to Sea Serpents or Pirates. These truly awe inspiring creatures are enormously powerful,a nd in their element they could even fight against Dragons, or so it is thought.

Unfinished/Future Entries

(Finished)Dire Animals- Though there are many, many Dangerous Beasts detailed within this tome, not all of them are rare, or elusive, some are encountered quite frequently. One example of such a beast would be the DIre Animals, which at first glance appear to be normal animals, but for their massive size. They are animals that have been forever changed by magic, they are smarter, stronger, tougher and more ferocious than any mundane beasts. They are incapable of using the magic that changed them, but despite they, or perhaps in spite of they are still dangerous foes nonetheless.

Dire animals, are still animals, despite their increased intelligence, they still adhere to their common base instincts, which could be a good or bad thing. A Direwolf for example, most commonly found in the North and the Divide, wil often take control of a wolf pack and its territory, often staying their for its lifespan. This is not a wholly good thing however, as all of its offspring will be Direwolves, there have been stories told of packs of hundreds of DIrewolves roaming the North, but that was in the far past.

DIrewolves are not the only DIre animals however, every province of Eroris, from Eldrion to Orsinium to Mirfuhn, has DIre animals, in some shape or form. In Eldrion for example, its mountains are home to Dire Bears, massive creatures with enough strength to shatter armor, larger than a Whuna and twice as aggressive. They rarely leave their caves, but are still dangerous and still easily encountered if you know where to look, and what to look for.

As stated before Dire animals can be found nearly anywhere, with a great variety of them to be seen. Strangely enough, a Beast that is already magically twisted or enhanced cannot become Dire, but in rare circumstances a Dire animal could gain traits of a more magically inclined Beast, for example, a DIre wolf and a Frost wolf of the North could have a pup that is even more resistant to the cold, and perhaps grow to be even more ferocious and fearsome than either parent. These hybrids are a rarity, but do happen from time to time.

(finished)Frost Wolves: They are akin to DIrewolves in size, but much rarer and much more dangerous. They are only found in the North, in the frozen wastes of Norravägg, and it is there that they rule. Most Frost Wolves can control the cold, the frost that ever permeates the North, and use it to their advantage. They can become even more intelligent than Dire wolves, and have even been shown to encase prey in ice, to be fed upon later. In some areas of the North, these Beasts are even more feared than Frostlings or DIrewolves, some believe that Frost Wolves are the children of some Old GOds, that have been forgotten by most.

(finished)The Betrayer- (Legendary Beast) Once there was a Great king of who was dearly beloved by his people, he was a great king, but there were those who envied him. One of these people in particular, the Kings own brother, acted upon these feelings of Envy, what he did lead to the kings death and cemented his fate. Some say that the Dreadlord of Betrayal favored him following his betrayal of his brother, family and kingdom.

Unlike many Beasts within this Bestiary, he is not monstrous in size or strength, though still capable of besting any normal warrior. What he does have is guile, trickery, and cruelty in spades, as well as powerful useful magic that enabled him to play with a person's mind like a cat does with its prey, as well as being able to change his form in any manner he wishes. Some say he is a denizen of Nebunie, sowing madness as he will, whatever his origins and true purpose the Betrayer is possibly the most dangerous Beast contained herein, albeit in a unconventional manner.

(Finished)G’mlins- G'mlins have gone by many names, in many different tongues throughout the Ages, Imps, Pixies, Woebrigners, Cursed Children, among others, G'mlin is the name the Ren supposedly gave these Beasts. Despite possessing a host ominous names, they are not inherently cruel, the name that describes them best would be Cursed CHildren, atleast concerning their nature. They are neither wholly benevolent, nor malevent, being a mix of the two generally. They are mysterious and powerful beings, supposedly capable of well, nearly anything, from feats of magic many Arcanists would consider childs play to turning a village into statues.

Many a scholar believes that G'mlins themselves do not actually exist, that they are beings created by the imaginations of children and drunkards to explain the inexplicable. I on the otherhand do not doubt their existence, in this world of ours where Gods have walked this Plane, are such beings really an impossiblity. Their origins are shrounded in mystery, some think they are a creation of Dazarae, Dreadlord of Woe, or no Dreadlord in particular, others still speculate that they were not created, not intentionally atleast, they simply came into being as a consequence of the powers displayed by the El'ra and Dea'ra both.

According to the studies of myself, my master before me many others, G'mlins are as varied in appearance as they are origins, only their shared love of chaos and mischief being a commonality amongst them. Some sightings report them to be akin to miniscule humans with the wings of insects, smaller than even the Dwarves and sharing features with a few of the Races, most predominantly the Elves. Others say that they are smaller furry creatures that seem adorable at first glance, but become ferocious under ceratin conditions. Others still report them to be some type of Lost One, haunting certain areas of Eroris.

(finished)Ship of the Sea Brethren: Legendary BeastThough not exactly a Beast, the Ship of the Sea Brethren is a ghost ship of sorts, one that has plagues the seas of Eroris for many years. Originally it belonged to a group of 16 pirate Assassins, the Sea Brethren, that committed many acts considered to be heinous by the rest of Eroris. They killed kings and toppled dynasties, eventually they all died out, but their ship remained and so did the (find name of altar). The Altar, a result of Runic Enchantments and other long since dead magics took on the ghosts of that whom drew from its power.

The Ship has been sighted from the Lightning Ocean all the way upriver into the reaches of Orsinium. When it passes by skilled people are drawn into its wake and vanish as the ship does, those people will later appear as denizens of the Ship, doing its bidding, whatever that may be. The ship itself appears to be immune to harm, but its denizens and servants can vanquished, with some amount of effort. Most believe it is simply a sailors tale, the result of old drunks wanting to exaplin the loss of their ships and crews.
(Unfinished)Vampires

([url=insert%20image%20here]Image[/url])

To most the true origins of vampires are a mysterious thing, most think that they are children of Malincar, that have given up their humanity in pursuit of power, others say they were once followers of Ezmis that were cursed for a betrayal, cursed to never fully experience that which Ezmis holds domain over. The truth of the matter is that the first Vampire was a Valyar that worshipped Ezmis, as worshippers of Aduranous prosecuted those not worshipping the phoenix god, he made a deal with a very different Dreadlord than the one he worshipped, a deal with Malincar, the Dreadlord of Power.

In a desperate gamble the Valyar man made a pact, the pact enabled him to draw power from bloodshed, and the act of drinking blood. For a time the Valyar was relatively normal, just many times stronger than any of his peers, and capable of strange magics. That changed however, the more blood he drank, the the more aggressive he became, and the more the bloodlust took him. Eventually he fled Valyaria, after killing his family. Normally one would be distraught over the loss of his family, but by that time, he had long since stopped being who and what he previously was, now he was (insert Valyar name and ridiculously long and prestigous title here). He would flee his homeland of Valyaria, but would not be alone as he did so, he would take those that he had turned, made like him with him.

Vampires can either be born, from two powerful enough vampires, or made, by an old enough vampire, using their own blood and a spell. Young vampires are weak and apper the most like their Race, but they must feed from flesh blood nearly constantly. Most SIres, the name for the vampire responsible for changing a Fledgling, feed their brood from their own blood, which deepens the already close bonds between them. As a Fledgling grows they develop certain weaknesses after a time, usually a year, the weaknesses include a dependency on blood, with magical blood being all the sweeter, being harmed by sunlight, which strengthens as a vampire grows older, in most cases.

Vampires, usually appear normal at first glance, this applies to all but the oldest and most ancient, who are monstrous in visage, but the fangs and crimson irises when they are under the Thrall are dead give aways. The Thrall is a process that happens to Vampires that have not fed for a while, usually a week or longer, it makes them belligerent and aggressive, and desperate for their next sip of blood. The Thrall can be offset by feeding once a day at the least, it is the most prominent in Fledglings. The older a Vampire is the more prominent their weaknesses are, but they are also equally powerful.

There are a few exceptions to most rules and common sense concerning vampires, the most prominent of these Exceptions are the Ancestors, the Ancient Vampires responsible for Siring most of the Vampires around today, if only by ancestry. Some say that the first Vampire, the Valyar, is one of these Ancestors, and that he still walks Eroris, quenching his thirst as he does. Vampires are usually solitary, but do hunt in family like packs called Covens, usually made of a powerful vampire and its Sired Brood. When someone becomes a Vampire, they lose what they had once been, sure they still possess that persons appearance, and their memories, even skills, but they are more akin to a Beast, a finely tuned hunter wearing that beings skin.

Vampires are fast and strong, and become even more so when freshly fed, an old enough Vampire that is freshly fed can tear through a group of skilled soldiers with ease. Most Vampires can lengthen their nails, that can tear through flesh and most light armor, while other more experienced ones can transform entirely, though these are rare. Vampires also heal fast, extremely so, but heal slower if affected by Divine magic or sunlight. All Vampires are able to use their blood to fuel their magic, much like some Dread Mages can. Almost any race can become Vampires, except for DWarves, it is not known why this is so, but they themselves are grateful for it.

(Unfinished)Segard-(Legendary Beast) I was there, i was there when Moldof the Giant fought the Frost King Segard. Moldof was a giant amongst men, standing in excess of 10 feet and being capable of knocking about normal men and even Orcs as if they were Frostlings. But against Segard, he was the Frostling and Segard was the true GIant."

Of the many Beasts contained within this Bestiary, Segard is perhaps one of the most well known, at least within the North. Its origins are not well known, but records and tales of this Beast, no this King of Giants, exist as far back as the Age of Legends. Little is known about this Beast, just that every so often within the North, and even south of Orrin's wall during a harsh winter, when there is a massive blizzard or snowstorm, Segard might appear. This Beasts true purpose is unknown, but he is monstrously powerful and few that have encountered him have survived.

Many villages that have perished in harsh winters in the North are thought to have been caused by this Beast. Reports indicate that Segard stands over 20 feet in height, easily dwarfing any Nord, Orc, or Mayaar, and perhaps even other Giants. What few eye witness accounts still exist indicate that Segard is extremely strong, even for his size, able to smash apart buildings of stone and wood with ease and collapsing sturdy fortifications as well. In his presence fire and heat seem to bleed away and cease to exist, offering no comfort to the giants icy presence. Some believe that Segard is an Old God, bound to Magnia, to protect the wild Frozen reaches of the North, others believe he is a creation of the magic of Asuhn, a rogue remnant of the magic used during the War of the Wall.

(finished)Kralon- (Legendary Beast) Most who make pacts with Dreadlords do so to gain power, of one kind or another, the Reachman that would become the Beast known as Kralon was different. He wished to gain knowledge, simple knowledge, but often it is knowledge that is the most dangerous thing. He made a pact with Tarna, Dreadlord of Knowledge, in order to gain access to things that most would be loath to even think of. He did this not out of greed, but out of worry, he and his brother were Keepers of the school of Kuruth, his brother Kyrenic was in charge of cataloguing history, events and such.

He on the other hand kept the Tomes, the magical spells and such that had been used and discovered. He knew that there were spells, rituals and even magical items and reagents that he knew not of, that was the reason behind the Pact with Tarna. The Pact changed him however, once he gained access to all that knowledge, he became tempted to use it, to make use of the ancient rituals, rituals that had been lost throughout history. The first ritual he made use of involved the use of magics similar to Runic Enchantments.

The RItual in question was created by a Dread Mage, who lived during the Age of Legends. The Dread Magus himself was not well known, but many of his constructs and works still exist today. What the ritual did, is it could imbue an object or living being with the magic, traits, and/or physical characteristics of another object or being. THough powerful the RItual may have been, once negative of it is that all items and pieces used mustt have been attained by the casters own hand. It was a strenuous task, but one that he impressively completed.

It is unknown what Beasts he hunted, at least with certainty, but regardless, he cast the ritual and the Reachman known as was lost forever and Kralon was born. Since the First Age many a warrior or army has tried their best to vanquish the dangerous foe that is Kralon. Even though Kralon was cut down time and again, he always came back, stronger and more ferocious than ever. The last sighting of this ferocious and unfortunate beast was in the Reach, but who knows if it still inhabits that area.

(unfinished)Familiars: Unlike most Beasts detailed here Familiars are not one type of Beast, rather they are any being, that is bound to one of the Races by magic. Some Familiars are Summoned or conjured into existence, but the vast majority are or were once simple Beasts.

(unfinished)Keeper of the Old Forest-(Legendary Beast?) The Beast called the Keeper of the Old Forest is an ancient and massive being. It like all Treants was created by Oeric Kalyfir, in one of his most impressive feats of magic. It was the only Treant to survive the Siege of the Citadel near the end of the First Age, when the Light-Born laid siege to the last Bastion of the Divine. The First Archmage faced off against the Light-Born themselves, all alone, as the majority of his apprentices went about his bidding. Despite his vast power, he was not an equal to them, not all seven, so he used a spell, a spell that gave life to the Forest, ground, and stone around him.

Numerous Earth and Stone golems were raised, the strongest seen since the Age of Legends, but it was the trees that were the most peculiar. They were of larger size than their golem brethren, but appeared to be smarter in a sense, able to operate on a different level than pure instinct.

(unfinished)Automatons- These beings are rather similar to Golems in that they have to be made, but rather than conjured into existence, most Automatons are typically forged and then later animated through some means. Originally most Automatons were created by the Ancient dwarves, . Legends tell of an ancient Dwarven construct that was used long ago, that still to this very day produces the Automata found in the Deeps.

Wraiths: Wraiths are strange beings, they are akin to elemental Spirits, but also share much with Lost Ones and other Beasts. They exist everywhere in Eroris, or nearly so, but they are rarely if ever actually seen. There are tales about them however, many in fact, these tales permeate every Province, from Orsinium to the Reach, to Eldrion and even Mirfuhn. When they are born, Wraiths possess no set form, but are able to become corporeal or immaterial at will.

Elemental Wraiths, which are the most common are peculiar, in that for the most part, they feed by draining their opposing element, in a sense. An Ice Wraith for example will drain the heat from both the surroundings and its victims, cooling them both and feeding itself. Wraiths, both original and Elemental usually favor one appearance or another, be it of Race or Beast. Some tales tell of exquisite statues formed from ice being sighted within the North, moving about on their own, others report beings akin to clouds of ice, masking a frightening visage.

Griffons: A strange mix of big cat and massive bird Griffons are one of the Beasts that rule the skyies since Dragons vanished, even when Dragons persisted, a flock of Griffons could hold against a Dragon. They are fast, and extremely maneuverable, on land and especially in the air. They are majestic creatures and rather noble, as such they rarely engage lesser creatures. A side effect of this attitude is a fierce loyalty towards those they have recognized. They are usually only found in Eldrion, in the mountains, as well as within Orsinium, they are often seen fighting Harpies, in the areas where their territories intersect.
Despite the fact that the vast majority of Griffons seen have an innate control over Wind there are Variants that can be found.

Orinth: These Beasts are strange, rather so, as despite being touched by the magic of the world, they can also seemingly negate the magic of others, both of the Beasts and Races alike. In addition to this they are fast and strong, making them dangerous foes for nearly any being of Eroris. They can grow to be large in size, with equally massive wings and an array of other antural weapons. Though they are dangerous, they are lacking in intelligence and can be fooled in the right circumstance, but they are rather instinctual and will flee if they determine they cannot win.

They are bipedal creatures very similar in build to most of the RAces,

Unnamed Beast one and two: Though they generally are considered and referred to as one being, they are infact two, working in tandem.
The larger of the two are extremely strong and tough, as well as fast, but lack any amount of intelligence, well any noticeable amount, they appear to opperate entirely on instinct when seperate from their smaller brethren. It is the smaller ones though, that you must watch out for, they are extremely smart, many being capable of primitive magic, and have astonishing senses, being able to pick up a strange scent from upwind with ease. They are extremely weak however, physically speaking, but are still dangerous, even when alone.

Originally only one of these Beasts was native to Eroris, the

unname Fungoid/plant Beast: Exotic beast brought over from Akou, are rare/will be rare for a time, but will spread abundantly where they land, perhaps might be in Pandora.
Aquatic beast entries?: some have hitched rides from Akou, others are native to Eroris, maybe

b.)Kelpies: Masses of algae or leaves are not an uncommon sight in the waters of Eroris, be they rivers, ponds or oasises. However, not all of these masses are what they appear to be, more than a few are actually creatures, disguised to catch prey and hide from predators. It is unknown whether they are plants or simply mimicknig them, but they can be quite dangerous unless cleared out. When alone or in small numbers they consume little, usually feasting upon plantlife or things thar fall into the water. Though rare, when small groups, or colonies do eat live prey they typically ambush small prey, usually binding and suffocating them.

Though easily avoided and dispatched in smaller colonies, encountering large colonies can be disastrous. Large colonies can drown beings many times their sizes and have even been known to sink ships, large and small. The larger a Colony the more it must eat to maintain its size, but large colonies are a rarity, despite this small colonies can be found nearly everywhere in Eroris where there is natural water. The only known weakness of these Beasts is being removed from water for extended times as long as their need to eat frequently.

Some have been thought to be able to manipulate water to some extent and Variants do exist, but they are rather rare indeed. Some scholars, myself included believe that these creatures are more akin to spirits than anything else, that they in truth simply migrate from mass to mass. This is because once many years back there was an effort to cleanse these creatures from rivers and areas used for trading. All the masses found were cleared out, but they reappeared but a few weeks later. Similar efforts have been taken time and again, but have ultimately proved fruitless in the long run.

Despite the evidence that supports this theory there are those who believe far more outlandish claims, one of which is that they are simply aquatic creatures which breed quickly and are capable of mimicking plantlife. One supporter of the latter theory is the Lore Keeper of the School of Kuruth, a lauded individual certainly, but has little credibility outside the School. Regardless of whichever theory about these Beasts is correct, they are dangerous and one should be careful when roaming the waterways of Eroris.

c.) Sea Serpents: These Beasts are thought to be a type of Drakon by the common people of Eroris, but are in fact bizarre crosses between Snake and Drake. They travel in packs, and while thought to be utterly massive beings are more often then not only 7-10 feet in length. They travel in packs, and follow one another, so it is quite easy to mistake them for a single massive Sea Serpent. They have thick scales adorned with strong, sharp spikes, making them both well armored and able to sink ships by simply rubbing and ramming the wooden hull.

They are incapable of magic, or so it appears, they are smart though, and over time have learned the most efficient ways to hunt in the water. Typically they move by wriggling and slithering, but they do possess fins, with spines that leak venom, that aid in swimming. Even the most untrained sailor can recognize the fins of a Sea Serpent, for they are only seen just before they strike, otherwise they are capable of blending in with the shadows and waves of the seas and oceans, making them a frightening foe for those on a lengthy voyage.

d.) Leviathans: There are Tales of massive Beasts encountered throughout the Ages, these Beasts have only been glimpsed at in the Oceans surrounding Eroris. There have been few sightings of these creatures, and only hints at their true appearances, but it is a certainty that they exist, or once did. It is said that they are akin to fish in appearance, but on a truly massive scale, even dwarfing the Sea Dragons of ancient times. Tales and records show that these creatures were once a common sight in the Oceans, but that was so long ago, so few are truly sure about what caused these mighty Beasts to become so few in number.

e.) Behemoth, King of the Oceans: While most Shell Beasts are certainly capable of becoming massive in size, there are few that truly reach that size. Throughout the ages there have been many large Shell Beasts, some have reached the size of large boulders, making use of things of the same size for their Shells, there are even tales of Shell Beasts that have used the husks of mountains as their Shells. Such massive Beasts have not been seen for many an Age, not since the Age of Legends. There is one Shell Beast however, that has appeared in tales here and there.

Some say its shell is the remnants of a fleet sent to vanquish it, others say that its Shell is an island, that lives and grows with this truly massive Beast. Regardless, this Massive Beast is well deserving of its name, Behemoth, King of the Oceans. It is unknown how old this Shell Beast is, but there are many incidents throughout the History of Eroris that have been attributed to this Beast. One such incident involved the loss of a merchant fleet, the entire fleet, merchants, goods and all. Another was the vanishing of an island colony off the east coast of Eldrion, the entire Colony, Island and all vanished without a trace.
f.) Unknown smaller aquatic beast.

(finished)Familiars: Unlike most Beasts detailed here Familiars are not one type of Beast, rather they are any being, that is bound to one of the Races by magic. Some Familiars are Summoned or conjured into existence, but the vast majority are or were once simple Beasts. An Arcanist, by making use of certain rituals can bind a Familiar to them and them to it. This can be a double edged sword however, if the approached Beast is too powerful or crafty the arcanist can become its slave instead. Familiars are generally intelligent and capable of communicating, in one way or another.

Griffons: A strange mix of big cat and massive bird Griffons are one of the Beasts that rule the skyies since Dragons vanished, even when Dragons persisted, a flock of Griffons could hold against a Dragon. They are fast, and extremely maneuverable, on land and especially in the air. They are majestic creatures and rather noble, as such they rarely engage lesser creatures. A side effect of this attitude is a fierce loyalty towards those they have recognized. They are usually only found in Eldrion, in the mountains, as well as within Orsinium, they are often seen fighting Harpies, in the areas where their territories intersect.

Despite the fact that the vast majority of Griffons seen have an innate control over Wind there are Variants that can be found. Most Variants still have some connection with the air, such as Storm Griffons, rare Variants include Fire Griffons, Water Griffons and others, but they are by far the rarest. Regardless of what type of Griffon these are noble and dangerous Beasts, but they will recognize worthy defeats, and even possibly follow the victor. It was this latter tendency that has birthed the more 'docile' Griffons occasionally found near cities in Eroris.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 am, edited 5 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:30 am

Got the roster updated finally, should be up to date now

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:03 pm

And my post is now finished.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Heavy WIP App

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:25 am

Kyrenic ‘Kyr’ Olafir, Last of His Line, the Last Lorekeeper, Acolyte of the First Archmage, Cursed Immortal, Kyr the Undying

Race: Reachmen, or that was what he once was.

Gender/Sex: Male/Male

Age: 7481 as of the rp, was 60 when he became Cursed. “I have existed on this Plane for a long time, I walked beside the First Archmage and received his tutelage, I have defended the Citadel against the LightBorn, I remember the Forgotten Hero. I have seen the rise and fall of empires, have outlived bloodlines. This has only served to teach me just how young I truly am, ancient though many call me, I know better.”

Appearance: He stands at just over 6 feet and in truth looks more akin to a warrior than a mage scholar.

Class: Cursed One/Lorekeeper (He is essentially indestructible, and he remembers everyhting he has read, seen felt, experienced, etc)

Equipment: He typically wears light robes

Skills: Noncombat magic, combat theory, he is knowlwedgeable about magic and remembers everything that has happened during his lifespan. He is a skilled mage and swordsmen, and has created his own style incorporating magic and Though he cannot access his full magical prowess outside of the School of Kuruth and its domains, he is not completely defenselss and has created more than a few of his own spells, many of which are designed to be used against Dea'ra.

Weaknesses: He cannot freely use magic outside of the Citadel, or any School of Kuruth Annex. Though extremely knowledgeable about magic he cannot use destruction magic, or rather any that are overly effective in combat. Power of the Dreadlords and the Divines are able to damage him more than anything, as can beings and objects touched by them. Though he cannot truly die, with his body healing fully and reforming after a time, no matter the damage, he still feels everything, in full exquisite detail.

Bio: Kyrenic was born in the northern reach, to a strange family, they adhered to both the Normen and Grove cultures. He was part of a set of twins, an especially rare sight to most, he was the older of the two, and by far the most aggressive and warlike of the two. He was extremely skilled with combat practices, both Arcane and Mundane. Despite being skiled in more than a few ways of combat and suited for it, he took part in it only to experience it, to learn, to remember.

His family possessed a peculiar trait, a magical trait, they had perfect memories, they did not just remember, they were practically capable of reliving anything they had experienced. Those of their blood had used this ability to be of use to those that once ruled them. Both Kyrenic, and his brother, Cynric as well made use of this trait, great use of it, and acquired skills and experience in ways most could not hope to understand.Near the End of the First Age, after establishing the School of Kuruth, Oeric Kalyfir, the First Archmage sought those with talent to be his students, his Acolytes.

Kyrenic and his brother were among the first of these Acolytes, and were among those considered to be Oerics prize pupils. They rose in rank and renown within the school, both becoming Keepers, Kyrenic was the Lore Keeper, the one who catalogued relevant events, and techniques. His brother was the Keeper of Tomes, entrusted with records and manuscripts of great magical power, many written by the Archmage himself. Over time they both changed, settled into their roles, becoming renowned and respected, both within the School, to those that knew their roles, and to others elsewhere, simply for being Acolytes of the First Archmage.

However, despite their fame as they aged and plateau, Kyrenic became restless, with his brother becoming even more so, especially as Oeric remained as powerful as ever. Kyrenic recovered, eventually finding something else to occupy his mind and spirit. That something else was raising other Lore Keepers, continuing the tradition. While he recovered and became content, his brother became desperate, desperate to attain the recognition and prestige that both Kyrenic and Oeric had both attained. Both Kyrenic and Oeric tried to stop him once they discovered what he had done and was doing, but their efforts were in vain for h

Following his brothers Rebirth into Kralon, Kyrenic himself became the receptor of his Brothers deal with Tarna. Kyrenic was stronger willed than his brother had been, and a solution was found after a time. Oeric cast a ritual upon Kyrenic, guided by the will of Kuruth and others as well, Kyrenic was reborn. He was given immortality, eternal youth, the inability to die, as well as other things. He would be responsible for keeping dangerous rituals away from those that would use them, he would keep those that were too dangerous to have actual tomes of, but would be unable to use them himself, so as to prevent a being such as Kralon from being born again.

Kyrenics rebirth would come with perks, he was made immune to diseases of all kinds, poisons and even the grip of death itself. As time passed, its flow ceasing to affect him, Kyrenic became a constant within the School of Kuruth and its Annex's. He became the last of his Line, as well as the last Lore Keeper, and would safeguard the Citadel, and the School, and that which it contained. He walked along with his Mentor, the FIrst Archmage as the Second Age began and the Light-Born sought dominion over all of Eroris.

After the Light-Born were Vanquished and the worship of the Divines became widespread once more, his Curse changed, was improved, changed by both the Divines and the Dreadlords alike. Restrictions were placed upon him, to limit his power even more, though he did not seek power or divinity, the Light-Born had plagued Eroris enough, and it would not be good if he became a Second Coming of the Light-Born, with his knowledge.

He would not remain just within the School of Kuruth, he would also go out, to investigate rumors and collect knowledge, as was his purpose, and for a time he would hunt dread mages in concert with Spellbreakers from Titan's Barrow.. He would encounter unimaginable Beasts, fight against what his brother had become and survived wars and incidents that have toppled empires. Even now, in the Fourth Age, in the year 901, so many Millennia, Centuries and years after his Curse, he persists in his duties and remains within the school of Kuruth, in the Citadel his Master made.
RP Sample:

Personality: He is a tad bit cynical, such is to be expected of someone who has seen what he has.
Dislikes: fools, dread mages
Voice: TBD
Theme Song: King of everything by Anarchy Club
(Feel free to add anything else!)
1738! - Don't Remove; For Tracking
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Working on a post.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:34 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Working on a post.

Good, I'll read it in the morning if its up by then. Night.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 pm

Everhall wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Working on a post.

Good, I'll read it in the morning if its up by then. Night.

Not sure what I will have Heremond and co do right now other than go along for the ride.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse