NATION

PASSWORD

The Legends of Eroris: Brotherhood [OOC/Fantasy Medieval]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:21 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:I'll be posting for Cedric and company later today or tomorrow

Oh boy, the war is starting.

Zan, my next post may give you some idea on what to do with Atlas' army.

Coolois.

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:42 pm

This looks like a great RP to join. I hope it isn't too late to get involved, since this has clearly been running for awhile. As I understand it so far, the main conflicts are between the Empire and the invading Akounate, and also between the brothers Ruven and Julek over the throne?

I'd like to make a Reachman bastard, of Summerset probably. I don't want to step on other people's backstories though. Is there an established Count of Summerset/has anything happened regarding the city so far?
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:06 pm

Rodez wrote:This looks like a great RP to join. I hope it isn't too late to get involved, since this has clearly been running for awhile. As I understand it so far, the main conflicts are between the Empire and the invading Akounate, and also between the brothers Ruven and Julek over the throne?

I'd like to make a Reachman bastard, of Summerset probably. I don't want to step on other people's backstories though. Is there an established Count of Summerset/has anything happened regarding the city so far?

The Akounate is still just kinda there south of the mainland, though the conflict over the throne is technically happening, yes.

King Wilking of Summerset is moving to just to the north of High Rock as per the story with the High King of the Reach sending an army to High Rock. King Wilking's intentions are still unknown.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:06 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rodez wrote:This looks like a great RP to join. I hope it isn't too late to get involved, since this has clearly been running for awhile. As I understand it so far, the main conflicts are between the Empire and the invading Akounate, and also between the brothers Ruven and Julek over the throne?

The Akounate is still just kinda there south of the mainland, though the conflict over the throne is technically happening, yes.

King Wilking of Summerset is moving to just to the north of High Rock as per the story with the High King of the Reach sending an army to High Rock. King Wilking's intentions are still unknown.

What is the story with the conflict in the Reach? And there's a king in Summerset? I thought those were considered counties.

I may do a bastard of Ceureon or Caflon then, since they don't appear to have canon rulers per the IC, and haven't been mentioned yet.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Rodez wrote:
Zanera wrote:

What is the story with the conflict in the Reach? And there's a king in Summerset? I thought those were considered counties.

I may do a bastard of Ceureon or Caflon then, since they don't appear to have canon rulers per the IC, and haven't been mentioned yet.

Julek killed Ruven (Ruven's body is unconfirmed though) and then when Julek became emperor he told the High King of the Reach that he could take High Rock for himself, so now there is an army marching for High Rock whilst High Rock prepares to resist the army, and the army of Atlas marches north to help protect their vassals at High Rock, having perhaps just declared independence from the Empire due to the injustice.

Well the Reach has a High King so Everhall thought it was appropriate that the cities be ruled by kings to justify the 'High King' title. Or something like that.

Sure.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Zanera wrote:
Rodez wrote:What is the story with the conflict in the Reach? And there's a king in Summerset? I thought those were considered counties.

Julek killed Ruven (Ruven's body is unconfirmed though) and then when Julek became emperor he told the High King of the Reach that he could take High Rock for himself, so now there is an army marching for High Rock whilst High Rock prepares to resist the army, and the army of Atlas marches north to help protect their vassals at High Rock, having perhaps just declared independence from the Empire due to the injustice.

Well the Reach has a High King so Everhall thought it was appropriate that the cities be ruled by kings to justify the 'High King' title. Or something like that.

Sure.

That clears a lot up, thank you. Therron will press his claim eventually, but in the interim I think I have a good idea of what he'll be doing . . .
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Rodez wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Sure.

That clears a lot up, thank you. Therron will press his claim eventually, but in the interim I think I have a good idea of what he'll be doing . . .

I look forward to reading thine app.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Therron 'The Highland Bastard' Esmond

Race: Reachman (Norman)
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: Therron is of average height and stocky build, with a number of scars across his body from years of adventuring.
Class: Scout (Morrowind)
Equipment: -Studded leather vest
-riding boots
-traveling cloak
-Amulet of House Esmond- An ancestral heirloom given to him by his 'Uncle' Kenward, shortly before his death. Imbued with magic of Geia, it permits the wearer to calm and tame any beast once a day, for a whole day.
-steel longsword
-Longbow, 30x arrows
-assorted daggers
-His horse, a grey hunter named Snowball

Skills: Therron is a masterful archer, possessing a skill in marksmanship that only a handful can match. He has also honed the ability to move undetected through any number of environments, something that can be attributed to his decade plus conducting small skirmish operations as a soldier.
Weaknesses: Therron is really no mage, having rarely ever practiced the arcane arts. Despite his high birth, he also lacks an understanding of the finer points of politics, due to his revealed bastardy, resulting exile, and subsequent years spent mostly among common folk. Not well versed in conversing or charming lords.

Bio:
The origins of Therron Esmond are seated in depravity and tragedy - it is a tale relatively well-known to those in the north of the Reach.

His story begins with his father - Baldwin Esmond, King of Caflon. He was married, very unhappily, at that - to a local noblewoman, Jane Risley. The two spouses rubbed one another the wrong way from the moment they were married. Although Baldwin did his duty in the marital bed, there was nothing but resentment between the two of them.

Baldwin was a paranoid and deceitful ruler, but no man accused him of hating his sister Teressa. Only two years apart, the two had been close from a young age and proved inseparable even in adulthood. Even after Teressa married a vassal duke of Baldwin's, the two were often together in Caflon. After a handful of years, Baldwin fathered a bastard son, Therron. It was remarked how, as he grew, the boy came to resemble a spitting image of his father, with the dark curls, green eyes, and hawkish nose characteristic of the Esmond family. Five years after Therron's birth, Baldwin acknowledged that he had fathered a bastard daughter, Eadflæd, who within a few years had also grown to closely resemble King Baldwin. This was a curiosity among the court at first, but it soon became a matter of great concern. Queen Jane still had not borne Baldwin any trueborn children. The hatred between the King and his wife only grew when Baldwin legitimized Therron and made him his heir.

Then, when Therron was nine, the unbelievable, horrific truth was revealed to the world. Both of Baldwin's children, believed to be bastards of lowborn women, had been the product of incest between him and his sister Teressa. The Queen had suspected for a number of years, and had quietly amassed evidence and witnesses to prove her accusations.

It sent Caflon into an uproar. Incest was a great evil in the sight of the Divines - it could not be tolerated. House Risley moved to take advantage of the crisis at once. Baldwin, already an unpopular king, was overthrown by his own vengeful wife. The Risleys and their allies put the House of Esmond to the sword, killing Baldwin, Teressa, and all their relations.

Only one Esmond escaped. A lone knight, Ser Kenward Holmes, took pity on Therron and smuggled him out of Caflon, along with some gold and the family amulet. Eadflæd he could not save - she was slain along with her incestuous parents.

After the tragedy of his early childhood, Therron was essentially raised by Ser Kenward, whom he referred to as 'Uncle.' The pair of them fled Caflon and then the Reach altogether. Eventually they found their way to the elven city of Yherion, where Kenward entered the service of the local elf-lord. Therron was posed as his nephew.

Thereafter, Therron was raised to become a knight. He learned to ride, to fight with blade and spear, to use a bow, to declaim poetry, to read the histories.

Therron wasn't particularly good at any of these things - except using the longbow. He had a natural inclination for it, and the garrison of the city remarked, only half-jokingly, that he was better than any elf with a bow. His skill made him something of a local prodigy; as a teenager, he collected several grand prizes at tourneys.

The young Reachman had a relatively happy upbringing in Yherion, especially considering what he had escaped from. But all things come to an end. Kenward, having slid gradually into old age, died when Therron was nineteen. He mourned this loss dearly - Kenward had been not merely a mentor, but a father to him. Unsure of his purpose, Therron departed the city of his adolescence to go seek his fortune in the wider world. He sold his sword, or rather bow, innumerable times - as a bodyguard to imperial ministers in Isnhrion, as a bounty hunter for the Count of Nymeria, and as a soldier for Harmon and Southfall in the Reach's ever-grinding conflicts between petty lords.

But something ground at him, ate at him. Yes, he knew the full truth of his parentage - he knew his very existence was a heinous sin. Did the priests expect him to take his own life for the sins of his father? True, the incest made him a bastard, but he was still Baldwin's son, was he not? Had he not been named heir? Caflon was still his to claim.

And as Therron traveled and fought, news out of the north only hardened his heart. Queen Jane had remarried and died some years later, succeeded by her son Edric. But then, in a matter of months, he had fallen mysteriously ill and died. His bastard half-brother, Ranulf, ascended quite suddenly to the kingship of Caflon. Many dark things have been said of Ranulf Risley - that he hunts farmers for his own enjoyment, that he eats of the flesh of his foes, that he is a Dread worshiper.

Therron has run out his patience. With war erupting between Atlas and the High King, he sees an opportunity to make a name for himself, and to atone for the evils of his parents . . . by taking what is his.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447710&hilit=A+Cousin%27s+War
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349608 (under NS name 'Mesrane')

Personality: Though once quick to laugh and slow to anger, Therron has grown more dour and solemn over the years, as hope of reclaiming Caflon has gradually faded away. Though a sellsword and an outlaw, Therron likes to think that he still retains some kind of chivalric code in the face of the often-brutal work he conducts.
Voice: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones)
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqPJv0UqKo
(Feel free to add anything else!)
1738! - Don't Remove; For Tracking
Last edited by Rodez on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Rodez wrote:Therron 'The Highland Bastard' Esmond
Race: Reachman (Norman)
Appearance: Therron is of average height and stocky build, with a number of scars across his body from years of adventuring.
Class: Scout (Morrowind)
Equipment: -Studded leather vest
-riding boots
-traveling cloak
-Amulet of House Esmond- An ancestral heirloom given to him by his 'Uncle' Kenward, shortly before his death. Imbued with magic of Geia, it permits the wearer to calm and tame any beast once a day, for a whole day.
-steel longsword
-Longbow, 30x arrows
-assorted daggers
-His horse, a grey hunter named Snowball

Skills: Therron is a masterful archer, possessing a skill in marksmanship that only a handful can match. He has also honed the ability to move undetected through any number of environments, something that can be attributed to his decade plus conducting small skirmish operations as a soldier.
Weaknesses: Therron is really no mage, having rarely ever practiced the arcane arts. Despite his high birth, he also lacks an understanding of the finer points of politics, due to his revealed bastardy, resulting exile, and subsequent years spent mostly among common folk. Not well versed in conversing or charming lords.

Bio:
The origins of Therron Esmond are seated in depravity and tragedy - it is a tale relatively well-known to those in the north of the Reach.

His story begins with his father - Baldwin Esmond, King of Caflon. He was married, very unhappily, at that - to a local noblewoman, Jane Risley. The two spouses rubbed one another the wrong way from the moment they were married. Although Baldwin did his duty in the marital bed, there was nothing but resentment between the two of them.

Baldwin was a paranoid and deceitful ruler, but no man accused him of hating his sister Teressa. Only two years apart, the two had been close from a young age and proved inseparable even in adulthood. Even after Teressa married a vassal duke of Baldwin's, the two were often together in Caflon. After a handful of years, Lady Jane bore Baldwin a son, Therron. It was remarked how, as he grew, the boy came to resemble a spitting image of his father, with the dark curls, green eyes, and hawkish nose characteristic of the Esmond family. Five years after Therron's birth, Queen Jane bore a daughter, Eadflæd, who within a few years had also grown to closely resemble King Baldwin. This was a curiosity among the court, considering that Queen Jane was as blond as the sky was blue.

Then, when Therron was nine, the unbelievable, horrific truth was revealed to the world. Both of Baldwin's children had been the product of incest between him and Teressa. The Queen had suspected for a number of years, and had quietly amassed evidence and witnesses to prove her accusations.

It sent Caflon into an uproar. Incest was a great evil in the sight of the Divines - it could not be tolerated. House Risley moved to take advantage of the crisis at once. Baldwin, already an unpopular king, was overthrown by his own vengeful wife. The Risleys and their allies put the House of Esmond to the sword, killing Baldwin, Teressa, and all their relations.

Only one Esmond escaped. A lone knight, Ser Kenward Holmes, took pity on Therron and smuggled him out of Caflon, along with some gold and the family amulet. Eadflæd he could not save - she was slain along with her incestuous parents.

After the tragedy of his early childhood, Therron was essentially raised by Ser Kenward, whom he referred to as 'Uncle.' The pair of them fled Caflon and then the Reach altogether. Eventually they found their way to the elven city of Yherion, where Kenward entered the service of the local elf-lord. Therron was posed as his nephew.

Thereafter, Therron was raised to become a knight. He learned to ride, to fight with blade and spear, to use a bow, to declaim poetry, to read the histories.

Therron wasn't particularly good at any of these things - except using the longbow. He had a natural inclination for it, and the garrison of the city remarked, only half-jokingly, that he was better than any elf with a bow. His skill made him something of a local prodigy; as a teenager, he collected several grand prizes at tourneys.

The young Reachman had a relatively happy upbringing in Yherion, especially considering what he had escaped from. But all things come to an end. Kenward, having slid gradually into old age, died when Therron was nineteen. He mourned this loss dearly - Kenward had been not merely a mentor, but a father to him. Unsure of his purpose, Therron departed the city of his adolescence to go seek his fortune in the wider world. He sold his sword, or rather bow, innumerable times - as a bodyguard to imperial ministers in Isnhrion, as a bounty hunter for the King of Atlas, and as a soldier for Harmon and Southfall in the Reach's ever-grinding conflicts between petty lords.

But something ground at him, ate at him. Yes, he knew the full truth of his parentage - he knew his very existence was a heinous sin. Did the priests expect him to take his own life for the sins of his father? True, the incest made him a bastard, but he was still Baldwin's son, was he not? Caflon was still his to claim.

And as Therron traveled and fought, news out of the north only hardened his heart. Queen Jane had died, succeeded by her son Edric. But then, in a matter of months, he had fallen mysteriously ill and died. His bastard half-brother, Ranulf, ascended quite suddenly to the kingship of Caflon. Many dark things have been said of Ranulf Risley - that he hunts farmers for his own enjoyment, that he eats of the flesh of his foes, that he is a Dread worshiper.

Therron has run out his patience. With war erupting between Atlas and the High King, he sees an opportunity to make a name for himself, and to atone for the evils of his parents . . . by taking what is his.

RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=447710&hilit=A+Cousin%27s+War
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349608 (under NS name 'Mesrane')

Personality: Though once quick to laugh and slow to anger, Therron has grown more dour and solemn over the years, as hope of reclaiming Caflon has gradually faded away. Though a sellsword and an outlaw, Therron likes to think that he still retains some kind of chivalric code in the face of the often-brutal work he conducts.
Voice: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Game of Thrones)
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqPJv0UqKo

I've only one concern, and that is the amulet. What kind of beasts does it exert control over?

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:53 pm

The amulet is for more common run of the mill creatures, like hawks, wolves, bears, dogs, etc. It's not going to have a hold on a drakon or a demon or something of that magnitude.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Rodez wrote:The amulet is for more common run of the mill creatures, like hawks, wolves, bears, dogs, etc. It's not going to have a hold on a drakon or a demon or something of that magnitude.

Then you are ACCEPTED.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:30 am

Rodez wrote:The amulet is for more common run of the mill creatures, like hawks, wolves, bears, dogs, etc. It's not going to have a hold on a drakon or a demon or something of that magnitude.

What about Dire animals?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am

Shadowwell wrote:

What about Dire animals?

Doubtful. It would have some sort of calming effect on them I suppose, but you couldn't control one.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Rodez wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:
What about Dire animals?

Doubtful. It would have some sort of calming effect on them I suppose, but you couldn't control one.

Hmm, well could still be interesting to see to be honest, the amulet has potential. By the way, if you have questions about creatures or animals or the like ask myself, Ever or one of the current Co-Op's.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:03 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Rodez wrote:Doubtful. It would have some sort of calming effect on them I suppose, but you couldn't control one.

Hmm, well could still be interesting to see to be honest, the amulet has potential. By the way, if you have questions about creatures or animals or the like ask myself, Ever or one of the current Co-Op's.

Will do.

Also, posted. I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes there; I just wanted to get Therron into some action relatively quickly.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:27 pm

Rodez wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Will do.

Also, posted. I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes there; I just wanted to get Therron into some action relatively quickly.

Welcome Rodez! Do you by any chance of have a discord account?
Last edited by Everhall on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodez
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Everhall wrote:
Rodez wrote:Will do.

Welcome Rodez! Do you by any chance of have a discord account?

I do, Zanera sent me the link for it. I'll get on at some point tonight.
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Posted, it's not one of my best, but it's a post nonetheless.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016

Completed

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Hankir Oreldon "The Stonebreaker"

Race: Pure Nord
Class: Experience Battle Hardened Warrior.
Equipment:
  • Metal set of armor
  • Winter clothing
  • Steel shield
  • Steel sword
  • Hatchet
  • Steel dagger
  • Bow and arrows
  • Leather backpack
  • Horned helmet
  • Horse "Argo"
Skills: Hankir has always been a proficient sword fighter, managing to overpower his opponents by sheer strength at times. He earned his nickname due to breaking a stone in half with a hammer while falling down from several feet. Despite his size and his reliance on direct confrontation he also manages to keep quiet and stealthy when need be.
Weaknesses: Hankir is a poor archer, only managing to hit things that are a few meters away at most. He only uses his bow for hunting rabbits or prey very close, if he ever manages to get close enough, he prefers to leave that sort of stuff to his daughter Adria. He is also short tempered when he drinks and prone to fight first and ask questions later, though he doesn't drink as much as he used to he is still weak to the beverage.
Bio:
Hankir was born to a soldier father named Jalton and a tailor mother named Penelope, in the isolated town of Frosthold, his upbringing one of being a warrior like his father while his mother kept him under her watch for him not to become just like him, but his own person. Life in Norravägg was for Hankir what it was for any Nord, cold and bitter, but it was home. Through his childhood all the way to being a young adult Hankir fought both in play and also in anger against real opponents, this made his father proud since he saw Hankir as a strong and competent future Warrior while his mother feared for her only son's life in the future. Hankir grew into manhood and like any Nord, his rite of passage was fighting for the honor of his tribe and his people as every Nord youngsman should.

Hankir fought in several small scale regional wars in Norravägg, conflicts of clans that had bad blood for quite sometime. Along with this, Hankir also fought to protect his home from raiders and bandits that he easily would overpower with sheer strength. He proved himself to be a true Nord and made his father proud and honored to have a son like Hankir. Hankir was wounded, bruised, and nearly killed many times throughout his life as a warrior but he persisted in his fight for honor and his tribe. At last, when in his late 20's he had become a respected warrior among his tribe, "The Frost Criers." After the last tribal war in which he took place, Hankir's father died due to unknown health complications that had ill him for quite some time, he was given a proper and honorable burial, his armor and shield passing by to Hankir. Hankir was at least content knowing his father was proud of him when he passed away.

It was after the years of fighting and his father's passing that Hankir began to travel alongside his mother down south, west, and eventually east for trading. Through his travels he meet more people of odd background, races, and beliefs he had never been exposed to. Even fighting with an Orc named Gulk inside of a bar in Krarod, the fight ending in both opponents realizing they couldn't beat the other and sharing a drink while bloodied up from the fight. Gulk became an acquaintance of sorts and joined Hankir and his mother in their trading traveling in Orsinium until they had to return east, the two parted ways but had become good friends by then. Down on Lenora, Hankir observed the vast and different world of the south lands, amazed by the warmer climate and the variety of things he found.

The mother and the son eventually made it to the town of Al'enaas, in Elven land. Hankir was less than happy about being in Elf's territory, their smug attitude and overall demeanor disgust him, alongside their wide use of magic. It was in Al'enaas that Hankir's mother finally succumbed to age, falling ill from the travel and the two stayed at a local inn where no healer could find a way to help her illness. A few days passed and the son stayed beside his mother in her deathbed, she died expressing her love for her son and how proud she was of him, as well as telling him to make his own choices from now on, it was his life.

Hankir was not allowed to bury his mother the proper Nordic way while in Elven land, he was forced to have her buried in a local burial ground for non-elves, this made Hankir less than happy. It was during this time that he went to a pub in Elkurion where he drank down his sorrows, the many Elf warriors looking at him weird and with bad intent. Hankir doesn't remember the exact details but he soon found himself in a fight between him and almost the entire Pub's Elf patrons, his strength and drunken rage allowing him to knock out several Elves and hold his own against many others until he was restrained by them via some sort of magic. A sly looking Elf was about to stab him with a long dagger until Hankir was saved by someone using a weird enchantment that stopped time and allowed his savior to take Hankir out of the Pub and lead him away from it to the outskirts of the city.

Hankir expressed gratitude to his unknown savior who wore a mask and hood. "We true blood's must take care of each other aye." Hankir said, believing the savior to be another human, but she revealed the opposite, revealing her Elven face and stating a sarcastic "Aye." Hankir was rather shocked, even getting in fighting stance for a moment before the Elven women told him to stop and let her heal his wounds, he hesitantly obliged and while she healed him he asked why she had helped a Nord. She replied that though being a dumb hulking brute, Hankir was a proficient warrior as he had held his own against several Elves and she needed a man like him for an upcoming job she had. The two discussed further and as a life debt he agreed to help her in what she needed, the Elve women simply told Hankir to refer to her as "A" and nothing else.

The duo made their way to Isnhrion, where A got full details of her job, she led Hankir out of the town into the mountainous woods until they came upon a tomb. She explained that they were there to gather an artifact that her client needed, Hankir didn't really think much of it. The two ventured into the tomb and fought their way through rotting Lost Ones and Goblins until reaching a big chamber with a throne at the end, an Elf skeleton laying on the throne holding onto an weird gold amulet. A went up to pick it, much against her companions advice to leave this place, as Hankir had noticed several bad omens, A ignored and pulled the amulet from the skeleton's hands and immediately a massive rock Golem appeared from the ground and A was quick to jump to an opening leading out back into the wilderness while Hankir caught the attention of the Golem. Hankir saw as his companion left him alone, expressing anger to this while the Elve women simply waved him bye and left. Hankir was left alone to face the beast and held his own against it for several minutes as he tried to find a weak point to no avail. It was then that with a quick arm hit the Golem sent Hankir back several meters, slamming him to a wall. Badly hurt, the Nord tried to get up again to face off the incoming rock monster, and was ready to face his end until the Golem was hit with a ray of electricity and frost picks coming from A, who had returned.

A and Hankir fought the Golem together until it finally went down. In a fit of rage, Hankir pushed A into a wall with the intent to choke the life out of her. She pleaded for her life, stating how she had come back for him after feeling bad for what she had done. Hankir stated why she should trust her now, she stated that because he didn't owe her anything anymore, why would she come back. Hankir, let her go and though angry he helped her to her feet. The duo made up and went back to Isnhrion where A's employer expressed much delight for the artifact now being in his hands. When confronted about payment by A, the Elf simply chuckled and said "You really thought I'd let you go that easy A? You're really not that naive darling..." A was angry and when trying to strike at the man a force field of sorts stopped her and she was pinned to the wall by two henchmen using magic. The Elf man then offered Hankir a "Business opportunity," join his crew and earn good coin, or leave at once, Hankir looked at the pinned A and asked what would happen to her, the man simply said "Not your concern."

Hankir had to make a choice right there and then, he accepted the offer, and the Elf employer expressed relief that the Nord had come to sense. The minute he turned his back on Hankir the Elf then felt an immense piercing pain on his back and saw as a blade penetrated his chest from behind. Hankir pulled his blade back and the henchmen were in such shock that their enchantment on A lost grip she used a dagger to stab one in the neck as Hankir charged on the other tackling him stabbed his sword into him. The two then turned against the remaining Henchmen and both using the other's strengths, Hankir using his strength and berserk abilities and A using her agility and mage combat skills the two quickly dispatched the remaining henchmen. After that, the two were exhausted and relief they had survived, they looked at each other for a few seconds, A had come back for Hankir despite having what she needed and Hankir saving A despite her leaving him and him no longer owing her anything. The two then embraced in a kiss, A caressing Hankir's hair and Hankir carrying A up by the legs. The two made their way out of the now dead employer's home and away from the city, quickly finding an inn where they spent several days embraced onto each other. A revealing her true name was Eleanor Arazana and the employer was a crime boss that had her in slavery as an assassin and thieve since childhood, with Hankir killing him the slavery spell was gone and she was free. Eleanor and Hankir spent days together into each other's arms, talking and embracing until they hit the road together. She told him that she wanted to get as far from Eldrion as possible, as long as they were together she didn't care where they went.

Hankir and Eleanor traveled for weeks, until finally arriving to Hankir's homeland where they decided to settle in Frosthold, the two spent years living together in a medium size house and despite most people looking at Eleanor with odd looks and some even being xenophobic towards her the two were happy with each other and liked to reminisce about their days of distrust and adventure. Out of this union a baby was born, Eleanor giving birth to a beautiful baby girl who they named Adria. The two were happy with each other, until the day came that while Hankir was out in a hunting trip with some old clan friends, Eleanor was out in the city market buying fresh produce when a Nord man with a shiv came from behind her and yelling "ELVES OUT OF OUR CITY!" stabbed Eleanor repeatedly in the back until he was tackled by the guards and disarmed. Eleanor was taken to a healer and Hankir was searched for and the second he was told that Eleanor was hurt he dropped the deer he had hunted and ran as fast as he could until arriving to the healer's place. Eleanor was in pain as the healer tried her best to stop the bleeding, the Elve wife and the Nord husband hold hands and with saddened eyes Hankir kept telling Eleanor that she would be okay, Eleanor simply hushed him and while caressing her husband's beard she told him that she loved him, always, and to protect their daughter and have her had a better childhood that she had. With that, Eleanor died from her wounds. Hankir went in a fit of rage as the assailant was brought before him, and ignoring his pleas for mercy Hankir began to violently beat up the Nord until his knuckles were bleeding. The assailant died after being beaten to a pulp and Hankir remained angered and heartbroken over his wifes dead and the fact that it was his own people that had done it, he would never be the same after that.

Hankir eventually moved away from Frosthold with Adria when she turned 5, the father and daughter settling down on the small town of Bellenwhod on the North river to the West. Now living as a lumberjack, hunter, and at times town constable Hankir has raised his half breed daughter in how to defend herself, how to hunt, and how to read and write while also keeping her ignorant of her true origins and the fact that she is of Elven descent, telling her to always keep her hair loose (knowing that eventually they'll begin to be pointy) and that magic is forbidden in their house and to stay away from Achidian, the town's mage. Hankir wishes to live a small and quiet life with his daughter, and may the gods help anyone that dares harm her.

RP Sample:
viewtopic.php?p=34534129#p34534129

Personality: Hankir is someone who has evolved much since his days of fighting, becoming less and less prominent to brute force as he's gotten older and wiser. As a father he is at times closed and restrain in terms of his past life and is more interested in the now and the tomorrow than anything else, preferring to talk with Adria about such. His years of adventuring also taught him to be weary of certain places and people, he doesn't trust most Elves but also doesn't trust many Nords ever since what happened many years ago when Adria was an infant.
Likes: Mead, fishing, hiking with his daughter, a quiet tranquil life.
Dislikes: Some Elves, some Nords, magic.
Voice:N/A
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPDmZx3gKk

Adria Oreldon

Race: Half Elve half Nord
Gender/Sex: Female
Class: Still training under her father, but leaning towards archery, but she also feels a sort of natural interest in magic.
Equipment:
  • Bow and arrows
  • Dagger
  • Fur and leather clothing
  • Light metal shoulder pads
  • Leather pack
  • fur hat
  • Nord doll
Skills: Adria has become proficient in archery, accompanying her father in multiple hunting trips and most of the time being the killer of the prey. She claims that she could hit a flying bird from a mile a way, something her father refutes with laughter. Despite her ability with the bow Adria has always felt a kinship towards magic, being interested in learning about it in secret. She carries more aspects of her Elve mother while retaining some complexions and attributes of her father.
Weaknesses: Adria is not a typical Nord, not even that, she is more Elve than Nord and she doesn't know the fact. She can't handle the extreme cold like her father naturally can, though she believes this is due to her age as he claims. Adria is also weaker than an average Nord child, much weaker, though in turn she is much more agile and quick than her father and the Nord children of her village. She is also incredibly inexperience in combat.
Bio:
Adria's life has not been that eventful, the most she's done was kill several Goblins that had broken into their house, with the help of her father. She was born 13 years ago to what she believes was a Reachman mother who died when giving birth to her, that is what her father has told her. Throughout her life though, Adria has noticed that she misses most aspects of a Reachman and has more of a Nord and something entirely different, her eyes shaped differently than most Nords and of an odd color she has never seen on any Nordish kids her age. Adria still tries to live a normal life with her dad, despite her not handling the cold as well as her dad she tries her best to follow Nord tradition and to honor her father, though he tells her that is not necessary.

Adria despite wanting to follow tradition and fit into Nord society breaks many of the rules her father has for her. For starters, at turning 9 she began to develop an interest in magic, she then began to cast very early novice tier ice until her father gathered all books magic related in their home and hid them away telling her that magic is forbidden in their home. Adria eventually found out where those books were and "burrowed" several of them and keep them hidden and practices at times alone or with help of Achidian, a local mage who acts as a sort of teacher of hers in secret. Adria still tries her best to keep Father proud, all while understanding more about the taboo things that naturally interest her.
RP Sample:

Personality: Adria is open and outgoing, much more social and well spoken than her father who is more blunt and brute at times. Despite this, she carries much of him in her, she is aggressive when angry and gets defensive about people calling her "False Nord" due to not handling the cold well. Despite this, she handles herself calmly as best as she can, mostly because of the belief that she is part Reachman but also because of her Elven blood.
Likes: Hunting and doing activities with her father. Magic. Cheese. Reading.
Dislikes:The Cold, being called "False Nord." Ignorant people.
Voice: N/A
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzE98p ... dex=2&t=0s
Last edited by Arengin Union on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Everhall wrote:Posted, it's not one of my best, but it's a post nonetheless.

Any post is a good post says I.

I'll post soon, like, later tonight soon.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Favation
Secretary

Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Favation » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:13 pm

I like Skyrim based RP's

Tag.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Favation wrote:I like Skyrim based RP's

Tag.

You’ve come to the right place

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Hankir Oreldon "The Stonebreaker"
Race: Pure Nord
Class: Experience Battle Hardened Warrior.
Equipment:
  • Metal set of armor
  • Winter clothing
  • Steel shield
  • Steel sword
  • Hatchet
  • Steel dagger
  • Bow and arrows
  • Leather backpack
  • Horned helmet
  • Horse "Argo"
Skills: Hankir has always been a proficient sword fighter, managing to overpower his opponents by sheer strength at times. He earned his nickname due to breaking a stone in half with a hammer while falling down from several feet. Despite his size and his reliance on direct confrontation he also manages to keep quiet and stealthy when need be.
Weaknesses: Hankir is a poor archer, only managing to hit things that are a few meters away at most. He only uses his bow for hunting rabbits or prey very close, if he ever manages to get close enough, he prefers to leave that sort of stuff to his daughter Adria. He is also short tempered when he drinks and prone to fight first and ask questions later, though he doesn't drink as much as he used to he is still weak to the beverage.
Bio:
Hankir was born to a soldier father named Jalton and a tailor mother named Penelope, in the isolated town of Frosthold, his upbringing one of being a warrior like his father while his mother kept him under her watch for him not to become just like him, but his own person. Life in Norravägg was for Hankir what it was for any Nord, cold and bitter, but it was home. Through his childhood all the way to being a young adult Hankir fought both in play and also in anger against real opponents, this made his father proud since he saw Hankir as a strong and competent future Warrior while his mother feared for her only son's life in the future. Hankir grew into manhood and like any Nord, his rite of passage was fighting for the honor of his tribe and his people as every Nord youngsman should.

Hankir fought in several small scale regional wars in Norravägg, conflicts of clans that had bad blood for quite sometime. Along with this, Hankir also fought to protect his home from raiders and bandits that he easily would overpower with sheer strength. He proved himself to be a true Nord and made his father proud and honored to have a son like Hankir. Hankir was wounded, bruised, and nearly killed many times throughout his life as a warrior but he persisted in his fight for honor and his tribe. At last, when in his late 20's he had become a respected warrior among his tribe, "The Frost Criers." After the last tribal war in which he took place, Hankir's father died due to unknown health complications that had ill him for quite some time, he was given a proper and honorable burial, his armor and shield passing by to Hankir. Hankir was at least content knowing his father was proud of him when he passed away.

It was after the years of fighting and his father's passing that Hankir began to travel alongside his mother down south, west, and eventually east for trading. Through his travels he meet more people of odd background, races, and beliefs he had never been exposed to. Even fighting with an Orc named Gulk inside of a bar in Krarod, the fight ending in both opponents realizing they couldn't beat the other and sharing a drink while bloodied up from the fight. Gulk became an acquaintance of sorts and joined Hankir and his mother in their trading traveling in Orsinium until they had to return east, the two parted ways but had become good friends by then. Down on Lenora, Hankir observed the vast and different world of the south lands, amazed by the warmer climate and the variety of things he found.

The mother and the son eventually made it to the town of Al'enaas, in Elven land. Hankir was less than happy about being in Elf's territory, their smug attitude and overall demeanor disgust him, alongside their wide use of magic. It was in Al'enaas that Hankir's mother finally succumbed to age, falling ill from the travel and the two stayed at a local inn where no healer could find a way to help her illness. A few days passed and the son stayed beside his mother in her deathbed, she died expressing her love for her son and how proud she was of him, as well as telling him to make his own choices from now on, it was his life.

Hankir was not allowed to bury his mother the proper Nordic way while in Elven land, he was forced to have her buried in a local burial ground for non-elves, this made Hankir less than happy. It was during this time that he went to a pub in Elkurion where he drank down his sorrows, the many Elf warriors looking at him weird and with bad intent. Hankir doesn't remember the exact details but he soon found himself in a fight between him and almost the entire Pub's Elf patrons, his strength and drunken rage allowing him to knock out several Elves and hold his own against many others until he was restrained by them via some sort of magic. A sly looking Elf was about to stab him with a long dagger until Hankir was saved by someone using a weird enchantment that stopped time and allowed his savior to take Hankir out of the Pub and lead him away from it to the outskirts of the city.

Hankir expressed gratitude to his unknown savior who wore a mask and hood. "We true blood's must take care of each other aye." Hankir said, believing the savior to be another human, but she revealed the opposite, revealing her Elven face and stating a sarcastic "Aye." Hankir was rather shocked, even getting in fighting stance for a moment before the Elven women told him to stop and let her heal his wounds, he hesitantly obliged and while she healed him he asked why she had helped a Nord. She replied that though being a dumb hulking brute, Hankir was a proficient warrior as he had held his own against several Elves and she needed a man like him for an upcoming job she had. The two discussed further and as a life debt he agreed to help her in what she needed, the Elve women simply told Hankir to refer to her as "A" and nothing else.

The duo made their way to Isnhrion, where A got full details of her job, she led Hankir out of the town into the mountainous woods until they came upon a tomb. She explained that they were there to gather an artifact that her client needed, Hankir didn't really think much of it. The two ventured into the tomb and fought their way through rotting Lost Ones and Goblins until reaching a big chamber with a throne at the end, an Elf skeleton laying on the throne holding onto an weird gold amulet. A went up to pick it, much against her companions advice to leave this place, as Hankir had noticed several bad omens, A ignored and pulled the amulet from the skeleton's hands and immediately a massive rock Golem appeared from the ground and A was quick to jump to an opening leading out back into the wilderness while Hankir caught the attention of the Golem. Hankir saw as his companion left him alone, expressing anger to this while the Elve women simply waved him bye and left. Hankir was left alone to face the beast and held his own against it for several minutes as he tried to find a weak point to no avail. It was then that with a quick arm hit the Golem sent Hankir back several meters, slamming him to a wall. Badly hurt, the Nord tried to get up again to face off the incoming rock monster, and was ready to face his end until the Golem was hit with a ray of electricity and frost picks coming from A, who had returned.

A and Hankir fought the Golem together until it finally went down. In a fit of rage, Hankir pushed A into a wall with the intent to choke the life out of her. She pleaded for her life, stating how she had come back for him after feeling bad for what she had done. Hankir stated why she should trust her now, she stated that because he didn't owe her anything anymore, why would she come back. Hankir, let her go and though angry he helped her to her feet. The duo made up and went back to Isnhrion where A's employer expressed much delight for the artifact now being in his hands. When confronted about payment by A, the Elf simply chuckled and said "You really thought I'd let you go that easy A? You're really not that naive darling..." A was angry and when trying to strike at the man a force field of sorts stopped her and she was pinned to the wall by two henchmen using magic. The Elf man then offered Hankir a "Business opportunity," join his crew and earn good coin, or leave at once, Hankir looked at the pinned A and asked what would happen to her, the man simply said "Not your concern."

Hankir had to make a choice right there and then, he accepted the offer, and the Elf employer expressed relief that the Nord had come to sense. The minute he turned his back on Hankir the Elf then felt an immense piercing pain on his back and saw as a blade penetrated his chest from behind. Hankir pulled his blade back and the henchmen were in such shock that their enchantment on A lost grip she used a dagger to stab one in the neck as Hankir charged on the other tackling him stabbed his sword into him. The two then turned against the remaining Henchmen and both using the other's strengths, Hankir using his strength and berserk abilities and A using her agility and mage combat skills the two quickly dispatched the remaining henchmen. After that, the two were exhausted and relief they had survived, they looked at each other for a few seconds, A had come back for Hankir despite having what she needed and Hankir saving A despite her leaving him and him no longer owing her anything. The two then embraced in a kiss, A caressing Hankir's hair and Hankir carrying A up by the legs. The two made their way out of the now dead employer's home and away from the city, quickly finding an inn where they spent several days embraced onto each other. A revealing her true name was Eleanor Arazana and the employer was a crime boss that had her in slavery as an assassin and thieve since childhood, with Hankir killing him the slavery spell was gone and she was free. Eleanor and Hankir spent days together into each other's arms, talking and embracing until they hit the road together. She told him that she wanted to get as far from Eldrion as possible, as long as they were together she didn't care where they went.

Hankir and Eleanor traveled for weeks, until finally arriving to Hankir's homeland where they decided to settle in Frosthold, the two spent years living together in a medium size house and despite most people looking at Eleanor with odd looks and some even being xenophobic towards her the two were happy with each other and liked to reminisce about their days of distrust and adventure. Out of this union a baby was born, Eleanor giving birth to a beautiful baby girl who they named Adria. The two were happy with each other, until the day came that while Hankir was out in a hunting trip with some old clan friends, Eleanor was out in the city market buying fresh produce when a Nord man with a shiv came from behind her and yelling "ELVES OUT OF OUR CITY!" stabbed Eleanor repeatedly in the back until he was tackled by the guards and disarmed. Eleanor was taken to a healer and Hankir was searched for and the second he was told that Eleanor was hurt he dropped the deer he had hunted and ran as fast as he could until arriving to the healer's place. Eleanor was in pain as the healer tried her best to stop the bleeding, the Elve wife and the Nord husband hold hands and with saddened eyes Hankir kept telling Eleanor that she would be okay, Eleanor simply hushed him and while caressing her husband's beard she told him that she loved him, always, and to protect their daughter and have her had a better childhood that she had. With that, Eleanor died from her wounds. Hankir went in a fit of rage as the assailant was brought before him, and ignoring his pleas for mercy Hankir began to violently beat up the Nord until his knuckles were bleeding. The assailant died after being beaten to a pulp and Hankir remained angered and heartbroken over his wifes dead and the fact that it was his own people that had done it, he would never be the same after that.

Hankir eventually moved away from Frosthold with Adria when she turned 5, the father and daughter settling down on the small town of Bellenwhod on the North river to the West. Now living as a lumberjack, hunter, and at times town constable Hankir has raised his half breed daughter in how to defend herself, how to hunt, and how to read and write while also keeping her ignorant of her true origins and the fact that she is of Elven descent, telling her to always keep her hair loose (knowing that eventually they'll begin to be pointy) and that magic is forbidden in their house and to stay away from Achidian, the town's mage. Hankir wishes to live a small and quiet life with his daughter, and may the gods help anyone that dares harm her.

RP Sample:

Personality: Hankir is someone who has evolved much since his days of fighting, becoming less and less prominent to brute force as he's gotten older and wiser. As a father he is at times closed and restrain in terms of his past life and is more interested in the now and the tomorrow than anything else, preferring to talk with Adria about such. His years of adventuring also taught him to be weary of certain places and people, he doesn't trust most Elves but also doesn't trust many Nords ever since what happened many years ago when Adria was an infant.
Likes: Mead, fishing, hiking with his daughter, a quiet tranquil life.
Dislikes: Some Elves, some Nords, magic.
Voice:N/A
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTPDmZx3gKk

Adria Oreldon
Race: Half Elve half Nord
Gender/Sex: Female
Class: Still training under her father, but leaning towards archery, but she also feels a sort of natural interest in magic.
Equipment:
  • Bow and arrows
  • Dagger
  • Fur and leather clothing
  • Light metal shoulder pads
  • Leather pack
  • fur hat
  • Nord doll
Skills: Adria has become proficient in archery, accompanying her father in multiple hunting trips and most of the time being the killer of the prey. She claims that she could hit a flying bird from a mile a way, something her father refutes with laughter. Despite her ability with the bow Adria has always felt a kinship towards magic, being interested in learning about it in secret. She carries more aspects of her Elve mother while retaining some complexions and attributes of her father.
Weaknesses: Adria is not a typical Nord, not even that, she is more Elve than Nord and she doesn't know the fact. She can't handle the extreme cold like her father naturally can, though she believes this is due to her age as he claims. Adria is also weaker than an average Nord child, much weaker, though in turn she is much more agile and quick than her father and the Nord children of her village. She is also incredibly inexperience in combat.
Bio:
Adria's life has not been that eventful, the most she's done was kill several Goblins that had broken into their house, with the help of her father. She was born 13 years ago to what she believes was a Reachman mother who died when giving birth to her, that is what her father has told her. Throughout her life though, Adria has noticed that she misses most aspects of a Reachman and has more of a Nord and something entirely different, her eyes shaped differently than most Nords and of an odd color she has never seen on any Nordish kids her age. Adria still tries to live a normal life with her dad, despite her not handling the cold as well as her dad she tries her best to follow Nord tradition and to honor her father, though he tells her that is not necessary.

Adria despite wanting to follow tradition and fit into Nord society breaks many of the rules her father has for her. For starters, at turning 9 she began to develop an interest in magic, she then began to cast very early novice tier ice until her father gathered all books magic related in their home and hid them away telling her that magic is forbidden in their home. Adria eventually found out where those books were and "burrowed" several of them and keep them hidden and practices at times alone or with help of Achidian, a local mage who acts as a sort of teacher of hers in secret. Adria still tries her best to keep Father proud, all while understanding more about the taboo things that naturally interest her.
RP Sample:

Personality: Adria is open and outgoing, much more social and well spoken than her father who is more blunt and brute at times. Despite this, she carries much of him in her, she is aggressive when angry and gets defensive about people calling her "False Nord" due to not handling the cold well. Despite this, she handles herself calmly as best as she can, mostly because of the belief that she is part Reachman but also because of her Elven blood.
Likes: Hunting and doing activities with her father. Magic. Cheese. Reading.
Dislikes:The Cold, being called "False Nord." Ignorant people.
Voice: N/A
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzE98p ... dex=2&t=0s

Accepted

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Got a post out. May make another one tomorrow if anyone posts before then.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:47 am

Ithalian Empire wrote:Got a post out. May make another one tomorrow if anyone posts before then.

I’ll have the post up today

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse