NATION

PASSWORD

The Legends of Eroris: Brotherhood [OOC/Fantasy Medieval]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wulf Da Guy
Attaché

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wulf Da Guy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:03 pm

County of Atlas

Ruler: Edmyn Blacktyde
Noble House: Blacktyde
Province: Reach
Domain: Atlas, the mighty city sitting at the mouth of the Gold River. As well as the County of Atlas and all that fall below it.
Army: 8,000 Men (5k Levies, 2k Cavalry, 1k Knights) and 800 Battlemages
Navy: 30 warships and countless other vessels including trade and transport barrages
Short History: House Blacktyde have ruled over Atlas for as long as anyone can remember, while its not exactly noted how they acquired the city and its domain elsewhere. However, the first few generations of Blacktydes were recorded to be Mayaars, which could be why the Blacktydes to this day consider themselves friends of all Mayaars.

While they've become more akin to their fellow residents of the Reach as time went, with countless marriages generation upon generation, it is without a doubt that they are Reachmen, however, House Blacktyde is by far the most elf-kin House in the Reach.

Allies: TBD
Enemies: TBD
Goals: Gain Power! Where ever and how ever the Blacktydes can.
420 - Don't remove, for tracking

Edmyn Blacktyde

Race: Reachmen
Gender/Sex: Male
Class: Knight
Equipment: castle forged sword, full plate armor, and a shield
Skills: Ruling, Military Strategy, Charismatic,
Weaknesses: Slowed Fighter, Alcoholic, Emotional
Bio: Edmyn was in his prime was not only one of the best warriors in the Reach but also considered by many women its best looking. Raised to takeover Atlas from his aging father, as expected of all Blacktyde Counts, he'd need to be prepared to command its mighty military.

His father made certain that only the best instructors taught him everything he'd need to know. He was a smart child, a hard-working one and unlike many of his cousins, he quickly became skilled not only in combat but also commanding. As he aged, his father made him the Captain of the Atlas Guard. He stayed in that position for years until his father died, noting that those years were likely some of his most beloved. It was also during that time that he met and then married his wife, a noblewoman from the northern Reach.

RP Sample: Other App had it

Personality: TBD
Dislikes: TBD
Voice: N/A
Theme Song: N/A
(Feel free to add anything else!)
1738! - Don't Remove; For Tracking

Wulfric Blacktyde

Race: Reachmen
Appearance: Wulfric is considered a handsome young man, who's taller than the average human, however, is considered short to the average Mayaar.
Class: Spellsword
Equipment: Black castle forged sword, Black half-plate armor, darkened shield, Variety of jewelry
Skills: Swordsmanship, Magic (Skilled in a number of schools), Lying, Intelligent
Weaknesses: His cynical and at times borderline paranoia tends to get the better of him. Wulfric tends to trust his mind far more then any man should, often underestimating his combat skills even though he is more than capable of defending himself.
Bio: Wulfric was raised much like his father, his instructors were amongst the best and as such, he became quite the gifted youngster. However, unlike his father, Wulfric was not an only child and as such it allowed him to find time to stir up trouble. Be it throughout the city or at times outside its mighty walls, throughout his youth Wulfric landed himself into unneeded trouble be it with the daughter of a nobleman or simply in general.

Now at twenty however he's seemingly figure out a way to keep ensure his father rarely hears about his deeds. Instead making sure his father knows only about his deeds as a knight and a ever improving mage.
RP Sample: Other App had it

Personality: Often seen smiling and chatting with others, Wulfric is a bit of everything, the public consider him to be kind yet those who really know him consider the young man to be vain, arrogant and paranoid.
Likes: Women, Gold, Getting into Trouble, Affairs with Noblewomen
Dislikes: Disrespect, TBD
Voice: N/A
Theme Song: N/A
Wulfric owns and breeds large Wolfdogs, his current pack consists of 9 Wolfdogs, 4 Adults, 3 juveniles and 2 pups.

Last edited by Wulf Da Guy on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:37 pm

Current Living Members of House Carcaster

Main Branch
  • Hwaetmund (68)
  • Heremond (25)
  • Eadwine (Pithyeh) (22)
  • Baldric (17)
  • Everlid (15)

Carcasters of Gloster Keep
  • Egelwin* (65)
  • Ymma (67)
  • Byrnstan (33)
    Oeric(10) Helpric(7)
  • Wynflead (Penby) (30)
  • Rowena (19)
  • Wealhtheow (18)
  • Ethelsige (17)
  • Helpric* (10)

Carcasters of Findale
  • Aethelwalh (39)
  • Aelfgyth (36)
  • Torthred (13)
  • Bedwig (10)
  • Eudelme (8)

Cacaster of Dullie
  • Cenfirth (26)
  • Edwen (24)
  • Ecgric (3)

*Brother of Hwaetmund
*Bastard with an unknown mother.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:41 am

I'll post tonight, get my guys cought up to whats going on in the capital right now.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 am

Well, tag, kinda.

As i said in the TG, will most likely not particpate character wise in the rp, but might type up some more entries for the Bestiary, and rework a few of the existing ones, namely the NAh'ni, and others, maybe add more creatures of the Dread.

Do you think that the Akounate would bring beasts of war or such with them, am thinking of adding some exotic creatures to the bestiary?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:53 am

Shadowwell wrote:Well, tag, kinda.

As i said in the TG, will most likely not particpate character wise in the rp, but might type up some more entries for the Bestiary, and rework a few of the existing ones, namely the NAh'ni, and others, maybe add more creatures of the Dread.

Do you think that the Akounate would bring beasts of war or such with them, am thinking of adding some exotic creatures to the bestiary?

Yeah they most likely would with their nagi hypothesis. Do you have a discord by any chance?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 am

Everhall wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Well, tag, kinda.

Yeah they most likely would with their nagi hypothesis. Do you have a discord by any chance?

Discord account yes, why?

Additionally, i assume that given the Akounates eastern roots, so to speak, you would prefer any Beasts of theirs to be more exotic, ie maybe some komodo esque lizard mounts or flying creatures or such?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Everhall wrote:Yeah they most likely would with their nagi hypothesis. Do you have a discord by any chance?

Additionally, i assume that given the Akounates eastern roots, so to speak, you would prefer any Beasts of theirs to be more exotic, ie maybe some komodo esque lizard mounts or flying creatures or such?

There's a link to the Eroris discord on the second most. Most of the activity has been happening there

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am

Everhall wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

There's a link to the Eroris discord on the second most. Most of the activity has been happening there

Ever, real quick, what does this legion that stands at the cities gate consist of? What’s the most likely strategy?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Everhall wrote:

Ever, real quick, what does this legion that stands at the cities gate consist of? What’s the most likely strategy?

Professional Solders a winter specialized force since they are in the far north of Norravagg. They are going to erect siege engines and build a besieging wall around the city to starve it out if they can not assault or they decide not to destroy the walls with trebuchets. Though, because you've proven yourself a traitor to the empire and the Wandering Keep is not of much importance, they shall most likely destroy the walls

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 am

Everhall wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:

Professional Solders a winter specialized force since they are in the far north of Norravagg. They are going to erect siege engines and build a besieging wall around the city to starve it out if they can not assault or they decide not to destroy the walls with trebuchets. Though, because you've proven yourself a traitor to the empire and the Wandering Keep is not of much importance, they shall most likely destroy the walls

Though it is doubtful your character would know ALL this meta. Only some and others that he can see with his own eyes. Also they are all equipped with large shields so an arrow volley to kill them all would take a significant amount of work if we are basing this off of a more advanced Rome

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am

Everhall wrote:
Everhall wrote:Professional Solders a winter specialized force since they are in the far north of Norravagg. They are going to erect siege engines and build a besieging wall around the city to starve it out if they can not assault or they decide not to destroy the walls with trebuchets. Though, because you've proven yourself a traitor to the empire and the Wandering Keep is not of much importance, they shall most likely destroy the walls

Though it is doubtful your character would know ALL this meta. Only some and others that he can see with his own eyes. Also they are all equipped with large shields so an arrow volley to kill them all would take a significant amount of work if we are basing this off of a more advanced Rome

Conrad isn’t relying on his front line of defense in order to perform the offensive. Instead, he’s counting on some sort of prolonged siege. Any and all who aren’t fighting have vacated the city, and now he’s just hoping the empire doesn’t try to attack immediately and instead puts the city under siege.

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:43 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Everhall wrote:Though it is doubtful your character would know ALL this meta. Only some and others that he can see with his own eyes. Also they are all equipped with large shields so an arrow volley to kill them all would take a significant amount of work if we are basing this off of a more advanced Rome

Conrad isn’t relying on his front line of defense in order to perform the offensive. Instead, he’s counting on some sort of prolonged siege. Any and all who aren’t fighting have vacated the city, and now he’s just hoping the empire doesn’t try to attack immediately and instead puts the city under siege.

How are your food stores?

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 am

Enough to feed 500 men (about how many are left after the evac) for about 3-5 days.

Without further ado:

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:55 am

Haedros 92712 wrote:Enough to feed 500 men (about how many are left after the evac) for about 3-5 days.

Ugh. A siege? Yeah that would not last long for you guys. How large is the settlement around the Keep?

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:56 am

Everhall wrote:
Haedros 92712 wrote:Enough to feed 500 men (about how many are left after the evac) for about 3-5 days.

Ugh. A siege? Yeah that would not last long for you guys. How large is the settlement around the Keep?

And just looking at those numbers, the Legion could probably assault the castle with minor casualties. Of course they'll soften you up first, but then they are gonna bring the pain

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:01 pm

Everhall wrote:

For being the capital, it’s not very big. About as big as Clarkstown, NY. Overall, the largest advantage the Merceneries have is Conrad, who is easily the best fighter among them. Plus, there’s always Conrads plan. Though that plan is honestly a stretch if he can’t hold back imperial forces. It’s likely the mercenaries will get the shit beat out of them, one of the characters, (most likely Kellen) will die in the fight and the rest will escape and become war criminals on the run.
Last edited by Haedros 92712 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Without further ado:

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:
Everhall wrote:Ugh. A siege? Yeah that would not last long for you guys. How large is the settlement around the Keep?

For being the capital, it’s not very big. About as big as Clarkstown, NY. Overall, the largest advantage the Merceneries have is Conrad, who is easily the best fighter among them. Plus, there’s always Conrads plan. Though that plan is honestly a stretch hug he can’t hodm back imperial forces. It’s likely the mercenaries will get the shit beat out of them, one of the characters, (most likely Kellen) will die in the fight and the rest will escape and become war criminals on the run.

I mean, you do rule a small fort essentially in the middle of the Nordic Tundra. It would be pretty low in population

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:Lapis of the Shadow Clan
Race: Raj
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance:
Class: Spy/Assassin
Equipment:
-Dao Blade
-Hidden wrist blade
-Assortment of throwing knives
-Poison darts
-Grappling hook
-Smoke bombs
-Poison
-Dark cloak and clothing
Skills:
-Acrobatics
-Blade Fighting
-Stealth
-Assassination and Spying
-Unarmed Combat
-Cunning and Charismatic
Weaknesses:
-Open Field/Multiple person Combat
-Emotional
-Physically Weak
-Cowardly
-Hides her Past
Bio: Born in Shoktah, Lapis had to fight to survive, an orphan amongst a dangerous land, it quickly became obvious she was to live and die by the blade. As a little girl, she was a footpad thief and also a spy for the wealthy in Raj cities. Eventually her expertise expanded, she became an entrpreneur assassin for hire, and was officially welcomed into the Shadow Clan when she came of age.

She shares little of her past and how many she has killed, but she works as a tool for the Akounate and will serve it from the shadows until the day she dies.
RP Sample: We've been over this before...

Personality:Despite her bloody job, Lapis is childlishly idealistic in the belief in the Akounate, especially in their mission to liberate the beastmen of Eroris from the cruel hands of man and elves. However despite this, she can flip a switch into a cold, calculating killing machine, born in the darkness to serve her light.
Dislikes:WIP
Voice:WIP
Theme Song:WIP

Jarl Sorli Grimrson of the Hrafn Clan
Race: Nord
Appearance:
Class: Barbarian
Equipment:
-Dane Ax
-Twin Battle Axes "Huginn" and "Muninn"
-Broadsword
-Round Shield
-3 Throwing Spears
-Seaxe
-Lamellar Hauberk
-Wolf Fur Cloak
Skills:
-Nord Warrior: Sorli is a Nordic Warrior true, trained and experienced in savage warfare, while not one of the finest fighters in the realm, Sorli can hold his own against even the most formidable Nord warriors
-Berserkir: Among the natural ability of the Nords of Berserking, the Berserkir are known for their blood-thirst and savagery in combat, Sorli is among those
-Tactician: Sorli is well read in tactics and how to employ them with Nord forces against even numerically superior forces
-Steward: A trained and skilled administrator has made Sorli the Castellan of the Norravaag Kingdom
Weaknesses:
-Slow Fighter: Most of Sorli's combat style consists of over-power or countering the enemy, not moving quicker
-Frenzied Paranoia: His Berserking and status in the council has put Sorli in a paranoid state, trusting few, and always feeling as if he is being watched. He also sometimes has memory lapses at his young age
-Unhealthy Addiction: After the death of his wife, Sorli fell into coping with alcohol and drug use which he continues to use to relieve his stress and anger
Bio: Born to Grimr of Clan Hrafn, Jarl of Snowhawk, Sorli, heir to the Jarldom, was raised with a rather free hand, he was the youngest of many daughters, and Grimr was already starting to have grey hairs by the time he was born. Despite the fact that he was Grimr's heir, Grimr afforded little time to his son, leaving him to his mentors and tutors. Despite his fathers apparent disinterest, his mentors raised him to be a Nord ruler as he was born to be.

At a young age, Sorli was discovered to have a knack for numbers and managing things and people, but he was more importantly raised to be a warrior. As part of a Snowhawk rite of passage, Sorli was left to the wilderness, and had to survive and navigate back to Argin in a week's time. When confronted by a lone wolf in his struggle to return home, Sorli lost sense of himself and awoke a day later, outside the gates of Snowhawk, wrapped in a fur cloak made from that same wolf, and caked in blood. It was then discovered Sorli's talent as a Berserkir.

As Sorli came of age, like many young men, they ventured off on their own travels as mercenaries, raiders, explorers. Sorli did the same and spent several years away from Snowhawk before returning after receiving a hawk informing him of his father's failing health. Sorli spent the last few months of his father's life almost constantly at his bedside, and none other than Sorli and the late Grimr know of what was discussed.

Since then, Sorli became Jarl, and proved to be a skilled administrator, turning Argin into a prosperous city amongst the snow. It was that skill to make a snowy city prosper that made Sorli become the Castellan of Noravaag under the High King.
RP Sample: You already know

Personality:Sorli is a boisterous man, loud and proud, but this hides his clever mind, especially when managing men and wealth, which is why he is the second most important man in the Noravaag. Despite his boisterousness, he is actually polite and diplomatic in a strange way. Oddly enough amongst the highborn, due to his struggle while being raised up, he has a strange respect for Lupans
Dislikes:WIP
Voice:WIP
Theme Song:WIP

Jarldom of Snowhawk
([url=(MAP%20AREA)]Image[/url])

Ruler:Jarl Sorli Grimrson of Hrafn
Noble House:Clan of Hrafn
Province: Noravaag
Domain: The Castle of Snowhawk, the City of Argin and the surrounding lands
Army: The Professional Army of the Jarldom of Snowhawk numbers around 2,750
-1,000 Huscarls
-500 Archers
-750 Spearmen
-200 Light Cavalry
-50 Heavy Cavalry
-50 Battlemages+Rune Mages
-200 Hirdmen (Personal Bodyguard)

The Bondi or the Militia and Levies when fully raised bring the Snowhawk forces closer to 5,500 men and women
Navy:The Navy of the Jarldom consists of longships with shallow enough hulls to sail down the river up into the Northern Sea, it consists of 10 Medium War Longships, and 20 Small Longships/Raider longships

Short History:
The Castle of Snowhawk and the city of Argin, is as old as the Nords. Snowhawk was first built by the Haukr clan, and was built at the fork of the Nor and Grey river, making it a major trading point for any commerce going further inland which would benefit to it's early success and establishment of the Nord petty Kingdom of Snowhawk. However, after the death of the Haukr male lineage, a bastard of the Haukr clan took on the title of the Ari clan, or the Eagle. Under the rule of the Eagles, Snowhawk and Argin expanded greatly and built upon it's early success. The Ari clan is contributed to the first special mechanisms and structure of Snowhawk to contribute to it's defense and prosperity even in the coldest of winters.

In the war for Norravaag which saw Orrin Stormcrown become High King of the Nords, the Ari Clan collapsed, and one of Orrin's trusted Hirdmen and Lieutenants known as 'the Raven' was seated as the Jarl of Snowhawk under the High King of the Nords. Since then the Hrafn Clan has ruled Snowhawk, Argin and the surrounding lands.

Allies:WIP
Enemies:WIP
Goals:WIP
420 - Don't remove, for tracking

I'd like to see the WIP for the faction app finished up but as it all is I ACCEPT your characters and faction.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:33 pm

Edward Tatwulf

Race: Reachman, Human
Appearance: Average in terms of height for a Reachman, he possesses a relatively muscular physique with broad shoulders gained from his many years of using the bow. His ruffled haired is similar to the color of the setting sun, being a mix of red and blonde. A small amount of stubble is visible along his face, however it is clear he has quite some time until he will grow anything close to a beard.
Class: Archer
Equipment: Wears light yet durable leather armor around vital spots that allows full range of motion with a quiver strapped behind his back. He will often wear a cloak when not headed into battle, and will occasionally throw a hood over his head and cloth over the lower portion of his faith to hide his identity. He carries a short-sword as well as several smaller daggers hidden in various locations across his body, but his weapon of choice is a stout recurve bow.
Skills: Excels at infiltration, tracking, and long range combat with his bow. He's capable with his swords and daggers as well and is proficient in hand to hand fighting.
Weaknesses: Lacks brute strength and lacks any real physical protection from a serious blow.
Bio: Born into a poor farming family, Edward was forced to learn the meaning of hard work in order to help his family to survive. Their meager farm was built on poor soil, so there were many winters where he and his father would have to go out hunting in order to feed themselves as well as Edward's mother and two sisters. It was a hard life, but Edward enjoyed its simplistic nature. By the time he had reached the age of 12, he had learned how to track animals, how to walk softly and quietly so that not even the keen ears of the deer could hear him, and how to kill a deer with an arrow from over 60 yards away. Indeed, life was good for him.

That was until one night, as Edward was out hunting, a group of bandits suddenly broke into his family's house and slaughtered every single one of Edward's family members in hopes of stealing whatever goods they possessed. Edward would not find out about the fate of his family until the next afternoon when he came home only to discover his entire family had been killed.

Only 14 at the time, Edward was overwhelmed with grief as he saw the mangled bodies of his family laid across the floor, the women showing signs of despicable acts done upon them prior to their deaths. His family had done no harm to anyone, yet these bandits had came in and without mercy had slain them all.

Furious and his heart determined on revenge, Edward tracked down the group of bandits for many days until one day he came across their camp. He waited until nightfall when the men were all asleep, and without alerting a single one to what he was doing, slit the throats of every single bandit in the camp save one final orc who he saved for last. The orc woke up with his hands and feet tied up and practically drowning in the blood of his comrades. Looking up to see a boy standing above him with a knife, he thought he must have been dreaming until Edward shoved the knife into the orc's side. Realizing his fate, he begged for mercy, but Edward showed him none. He took his time with the orc, making sure he died a very slow and very painful death.

His vengeance completed, Edward returned back to his family's farm to bury the bodies of his slain family. He spent many days after that mourning his loss, unsure of what he supposed to do. He was on the verge of taking his own life when a knock came at the door. Certain it was another attack, Edward ran at the door with his father's dagger. Upon opening the door, he thrust his knife forward, only for a sharp pain to suddenly enter his wrist and his dagger to go flying across the ground. Looking up, Austin realized who had just tried to stab.

It was one of the local landed knight's rangers, a group of men dedicated to patrolling and defending the land as well as act as spies, assassins, and saboteurs for their master in times of war and occasionally in peace. The men had come across the bandit's camp and tracked Edward's footprints back to the farmhouse. Unable to contain his grief any longer, Edward broke down in tears and dropped to his knees, begging for the men to end his life.

The men, however, did not do so. Instead, they took pity on the boy, and after learning what had happened and that the child had single-handedly slain the group of bandits by himself, decided to take the boy with them. Edward tried to protest the decision, but he ultimately ended up agreeing to come along.

He was soon introduced to Knight Randall, the master of the land that Edward's family farm had been located on. The man saw potential in the young boy and ordered him to see if he could prove his worth with the Rangers. For the next 5 years, Edward was put through an intense session of training as he mastered the arts of combat, infiltration, and persuasion. By the time he was 19, he officially earned the title of a Ranger and pledged his life to serving Knight Randall in all of his endeavors.

Now, Edward does his lord's bidding, and eagerly awaits the day that he can do his duty. As the tension builds across the lands and various nations fight against one another, his time may come sooner than expected.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=30645997#p30645997

Personality: Normally light-hearted and easy going, Edward tries his best to avoid stress. However, when his duties call, he is not afraid to dive straight into danger. If one provokes him into anger, he can become reckless as well.
Dislikes: Bandits, and has a specific disdain for Orcs that is borderline racist (Or speciest?)
Voice: Imagine a Gerard Butler-ish voice but slightly younger
Theme Song: I'm imagining this as Edward tracks down people
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 pm

Can we only create three characters at a time or three characters ever, like, for the duration of the RP

Without further ado:

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Haedros 92712 wrote:Can we only create three characters at a time or three characters ever, like, for the duration of the RP

At a time
New Finnish Republic wrote:Edward Tatwulf
Appearance: Average in terms of height for a Reachman, he possesses a relatively muscular physique with broad shoulders gained from his many years of using the bow. His ruffled haired is similar to the color of the setting sun, being a mix of red and blonde. A small amount of stubble is visible along his face, however it is clear he has quite some time until he will grow anything close to a beard.
Equipment: Wears light yet durable leather armor around vital spots that allows full range of motion with a quiver strapped behind his back. He will often wear a cloak when not headed into battle, and will occasionally throw a hood over his head and cloth over the lower portion of his faith to hide his identity. He carries a short-sword as well as several smaller daggers hidden in various locations across his body, but his weapon of choice is a stout recurve bow.
Skills: Excels at infiltration, tracking, and long range combat with his bow. He's capable with his swords and daggers as well and is proficient in hand to hand fighting.
Weaknesses: Lacks brute strength and lacks any real physical protection from a serious blow.
Bio: Born into a poor farming family, Edward was forced to learn the meaning of hard work in order to help his family to survive. Their meager farm was built on poor soil, so there were many winters where he and his father would have to go out hunting in order to feed themselves as well as Edward's mother and two sisters. It was a hard life, but Edward enjoyed its simplistic nature. By the time he had reached the age of 12, he had learned how to track animals, how to walk softly and quietly so that not even the keen ears of the deer could hear him, and how to kill a deer with an arrow from over 60 yards away. Indeed, life was good for him.

That was until one night, as Edward was out hunting, a group of bandits suddenly broke into his family's house and slaughtered every single one of Edward's family members in hopes of stealing whatever goods they possessed. Edward would not find out about the fate of his family until the next afternoon when he came home only to discover his entire family had been killed.

Only 14 at the time, Edward was overwhelmed with grief as he saw the mangled bodies of his family laid across the floor, the women showing signs of despicable acts done upon them prior to their deaths. His family had done no harm to anyone, yet these bandits had came in and without mercy had slain them all.

Furious and his heart determined on revenge, Edward tracked down the group of bandits for many days until one day he came across their camp. He waited until nightfall when the men were all asleep, and without alerting a single one to what he was doing, slit the throats of every single bandit in the camp save one final orc who he saved for last. The orc woke up with his hands and feet tied up and practically drowning in the blood of his comrades. Looking up to see a boy standing above him with a knife, he thought he must have been dreaming until Edward shoved the knife into the orc's side. Realizing his fate, he begged for mercy, but Edward showed him none. He took his time with the orc, making sure he died a very slow and very painful death.

His vengeance completed, Edward returned back to his family's farm to bury the bodies of his slain family. He spent many days after that mourning his loss, unsure of what he supposed to do. He was on the verge of taking his own life when a knock came at the door. Certain it was another attack, Edward ran at the door with his father's dagger. Upon opening the door, he thrust his knife forward, only for a sharp pain to suddenly enter his wrist and his dagger to go flying across the ground. Looking up, Austin realized who had just tried to stab.

It was one of the local landed knight's rangers, a group of men dedicated to patrolling and defending the land as well as act as spies, assassins, and saboteurs for their master in times of war and occasionally in peace. The men had come across the bandit's camp and tracked Edward's footprints back to the farmhouse. Unable to contain his grief any longer, Edward broke down in tears and dropped to his knees, begging for the men to end his life.

The men, however, did not do so. Instead, they took pity on the boy, and after learning what had happened and that the child had single-handedly slain the group of bandits by himself, decided to take the boy with them. Edward tried to protest the decision, but he ultimately ended up agreeing to come along.

He was soon introduced to Knight Randall, the master of the land that Edward's family farm had been located on. The man saw potential in the young boy and ordered him to see if he could prove his worth with the Rangers. For the next 5 years, Edward was put through an intense session of training as he mastered the arts of combat, infiltration, and persuasion. By the time he was 19, he officially earned the title of a Ranger and pledged his life to serving Knight Randall in all of his endeavors.

Now, Edward does his lord's bidding, and eagerly awaits the day that he can do his duty. As the tension builds across the lands and various nations fight against one another, his time may come sooner than expected.

Personality: Normally light-hearted and easy going, Edward tries his best to avoid stress. However, when his duties call, he is not afraid to dive straight into danger. If one provokes him into anger, he can become reckless as well.
Dislikes: Bandits, and has a specific disdain for Orcs that is borderline racist (Or speciest?)

Accepted, I'll update the roster tomorrow

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:10 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Edward Tatwulf

Accepted

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Ninja'd, Everhall is an Akounate traitor confirmed.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:49 pm

Little do they know I practically just copied my app from the last version of this RP
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Oh Divines above why is this post kicking me in the ass so badly?
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse