NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: A New Generation (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Julutth
Secretary

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 am

Oliver Queen
Oliver nodded at Bruce’s last statement. Oliver was still going to hate vigilantes, and Bruce was still going to be pro-vigilante, but if Gotham was going to be rescued from the pure anarchy orchestrated by Bane, Oliver was going to have to put their differences aside and join Bruce.

“I’ll see what I can find out,” Oliver replied to Batman, “but from what I’ve gathered so far through my interactions with the GCPD, you’re in a slightly tricky position. They’ve gathered no hard evidence that you are The Batman, although they’ve found enough to say that you were most probably in the know about Tim’s crimefighting. Actually, the cops are very convinced that you personally financed most of the vigilantism in Gotham, especially the crime-combatting ventures of the Batfamily. The Batcave’s been blown to smithereens so as to wipe out most evidence from the Batcomputer that you were the Batman, although I’m quite sure the police has acquired some shrapnel of different gadgetry in the cave. But they have definitely not found any Batsuits or other things that point to you being a hands-on masked vigilante.”

Oliver shifted a bit uncomfortably. “The new Commissioner has promoted the two cops who found you out. The GCPD is 100% sure that the cave beneath the Manor was the base for the Disciples. They have the pictures of the secret entrance of the pre-destroyed cave to prove it. That means they’re 90% sure that you were involved. Alfred is in police custody for questioning, and they’ll try their best to get anything out of him. And mind you, none of this has been made public yet; the only people who know the details of the investigation on you is me, Harvey Bullock’s folks, and the Mayor’s office. Though I’m quite sure the people down at City Hall already want you arrested for assisting the ‘terrorist organization,’ the Disciples of Batman.”

Oliver grabbed a thick file from his desk and chucked it at Bruce. “All the stuff I just told you is here, just with examples of the concrete evidence they’ve collected. They’re still confused about Tim Drake’s relation to you. They know he was a janitor with living parents until you hired him, and then you became his adoptive dad. And they’re still sifting through company files about him.”

Oliver walked up to the old fashioned telephone on his desk. He spun the dial to enter the number for the mayor. He looked at Bruce.

“I’ll tell you what. I’ll call the mayor and see what her perspective is on all this. I’m not sure if they’re ready to move into prosecution yet, or if they still want to investigate to implicate you more. I’ll just call her and ask.”

Oliver held the phone to his hear and waited for the other end to pick up.

“Mayor Adams! I just wanted to have a quick chat about the Wayne investigation. You know, just an update. All of Gotham is waiting for justice for all of the victims of irresponsible vigilantism. Where are you guys with the case? Do you think the police have anything saying Wayne is guilty of crimes?”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:45 am

Detective Madison Clifford

Had her mind not been filled with doubt of the 'good' she and Maggie had done, the promotion might have made her feel complete with joy. The truth was, she was troubled by the arrests. Bane had attacked the manor and she was very nearly a victim of his. Madison had slipped away after the unceremonious promotions given by Harvey, moving to her office to do some research on Bruce Wayne and his known affiliates. She could find some answers, maybe find out if it really was the playboy, and not some vigilante who killed the mayor.

She saw several images come up after searching his name. Nameless people, really. People who’d possibly had some high standing socially or politically. But one stood out among the others. Oliver Queen, originally from Starling City. Madison had read up on his story quite some time ago when she was younger.

Madison got out of the patrol car and stepped up to Queen's front door. She hesitated for a moment. This wasn’t official police business at all, and Harvey could yell at her bad for this. The girl shook her head, he wouldn’t have to know. She rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer the door.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Julutth wrote:Oliver Queen
Oliver walked up to the old fashioned telephone on his desk. He spun the dial to enter the number for the mayor. He looked at Bruce.

“I’ll tell you what. I’ll call the mayor and see what her perspective is on all this. I’m not sure if they’re ready to move into prosecution yet, or if they still want to investigate to implicate you more. I’ll just call her and ask.”

Oliver held the phone to his hear and waited for the other end to pick up.

“Mayor Adams! I just wanted to have a quick chat about the Wayne investigation. You know, just an update. All of Gotham is waiting for justice for all of the victims of irresponsible vigilantism. Where are you guys with the case? Do you think the police have anything saying Wayne is guilty of crimes?”

“Mr. Queen, thank you for calling,” Mayor Adams replied in her practiced politician’s voice, hiding her slight annoyance. “I really appreciated your anti-vigilante piece in the paper, it turned a lot of heads. It just saddens me that your argument proved so prophetic. And well, here we are. I don’t have a lot of time to talk right now, you understand. But, considering all you’ve done for Gotham…and all you’ve done for my campaign, I guess I can spare a couple minutes.”

Then it hit her. “How do you know about Wayne?” The raid on Wayne Manor this morning hadn’t been made public. In fact, she had made it clear to Bullock that she wanted a very tight lid kept on that. Accusing such a prominent and influential businessman such as Wayne of materially aiding Batman…or worse would backfire spectacularly if the accusations proved wrong. She could kiss her political ass goodbye. Not even that waddling turd Cobblepot would be able to save her. So…how did Queen know about Wayne? And what else did he know?

“Look, Mr. Queen, I can’t talk about an ongoing investigation. And I’d be very careful about listening to unsubstantiated rumors. And even more careful about printing them. Last time I checked, Gotham still has libel laws on the books. Rest assured, we have made substantial progress in tracking down Batman’s network of accomplices. It’s only a matter of time before we can get one of them to flip and then the so-called caped crusader will be as good as caught. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a lot of work to get back to. Always a pleasure, Mr. Queen.”

Mayor Adams ended the call. Sat there a moment, worried. Pulled out her other phone from the inside pocket of her suit jacket. Dialed a number and left a message. “We might have a problem. Oliver Queen just called me up. Asking a lot of questions about the Batman case. And Wayne. I don’t think he knows about us but if he starts snooping, there’s no telling where he’ll end up…”
Last edited by United States of Brainy on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Brainy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Brainy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:44 pm

Inside Ray Palmer’s Office

Main Nation Ministry wrote:In Ray Palmer's Office

After the little group reunion with Lizzie, Marta managed to lock pick the door with her hairpin. "I know we're trying to look for Palmer, but isn't this trespassing?" Lizzie said to Marta, as the door was open. "Well, some stuff needs to be broken to get a solution." Marta remarked, as the group entered the lab. The lab was a complete mess, as if some sort of party had happened. Palmer noticed something in the corner, where he found a man wearing a superhero costume. "Uhhh..guys. Is that? Dr. Ray Palmer?" The other Palmer asked, as he found what he assumed to be Ray drunk, wearing a costume.

"Hey doc. You having a hangover or something? We need your help. So if you can sober up for us and be of use for us, we can be reliable." Palmer tried to reason. "Derek, I thought you said he can help us?" Lizzie said, getting concerned, which wasn't good for her concentration. "Hey on a second. Look at the costume this guy is wearing. Maybe he's an actual superhero! Kristoffer might help us identify him, but he's probably off at home or something." Derek said.

“This guy a superhero?! Are you kidding me?!” Ruth rolled her eyes behind her face mask. “More like some cosplayer wannabe.”

“Iunno,” Marta eyed the guy up and down. “Sure looks hot in that spandex…”

“Sure does…” Abby agreed, licking her lips.

With everyone’s attention on the costumed doctor, Paul was the only one that noticed the slight shift in Lizzie’s appearance. Her ‘normal’ self seemed to melt for a moment, replaced by lumpy grey. But then, it quickly hardened and morphed back and Lizzie was Lizzie once more. “Uhhhh…guys, did you see that?” the boy stammered but no one was bothering with him, they still had all eyes on Dr. Palmer.

“So…uhhh…do you have a sidekick or something?” Marta asked.

“Hey! I recognize this bloke!” Derek snapped his fingers. “You’re Ant-Man!” the Brit proudly declared to Ray.

“Oh! Can I be the Wasp?” Marta volunteered excitedly, huge grin on her face.

“You could be Bug Girl,” Ruth tittered.

“Yeah, fuck you, Ruth!”

This caused Ruth to laugh harder. “So, we really gonna trust this drunk weirdo to fix Lizzie?” she wanted to know.

“Hey!” Derek snapped at her. “This drunk weirdo is Ant-Man! He’s like a scientific genius! Aren’t you, Ant…I mean, Dr. Palmer?”

Julutth
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Oliver Queen
United States of Brainy wrote:“Mr. Queen, thank you for calling,” Mayor Adams replied in her practiced politician’s voice, hiding her slight annoyance. “I really appreciated your anti-vigilante piece in the paper, it turned a lot of heads. It just saddens me that your argument proved so prophetic. And well, here we are. I don’t have a lot of time to talk right now, you understand. But, considering all you’ve done for Gotham…and all you’ve done for my campaign, I guess I can spare a couple minutes.”

Then it hit her. “How do you know about Wayne?” The raid on Wayne Manor this morning hadn’t been made public. In fact, she had made it clear to Bullock that she wanted a very tight lid kept on that. Accusing such a prominent and influential businessman such as Wayne of materially aiding Batman…or worse would backfire spectacularly if the accusations proved wrong. She could kiss her political ass goodbye. Not even that waddling turd Cobblepot would be able to save her. So…how did Queen know about Wayne? And what else did he know?

Oops. That was a blunder; Oliver had forgotten that he wasn’t supposed to know about the investigation. Now he might have just compromised the mayor’s ability to trust him. He knew about the Wayne raid because of various things; Oliver was linked to most of Batman’s emergency systems and his databases. When there was an attack on the Batcave or other Bat-related heroes, Oliver got to know. Second, he had his sources within the GCPD. All it took was a few bucks to get some of those top cops talking. And third, Dinah had been bored and curious on the long train ride from Star City, and had decided to hack the GCPD’s investigations database; that’s how Oliver had received the papers in his file on the Wayne investigation. Oliver spit out the best response to the mayor’s suspicious question.

“Oh, some of Bullock’s whistleblower boys blabbed to me, figured I’d like to keep tabs on anything that can bring Batman to justice.”

“Look, Mr. Queen, I can’t talk about an ongoing investigation. And I’d be very careful about listening to unsubstantiated rumors. And even more careful about printing them. Last time I checked, Gotham still has libel laws on the books. Rest assured, we have made substantial progress in tracking down Batman’s network of accomplices. It’s only a matter of time before we can get one of them to flip and then the so-called caped crusader will be as good as caught. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a lot of work to get back to. Always a pleasure, Mr. Queen.”

“Goodnight, Madam Mayor.” The line cut off. Oliver turned solemnly to Batman.

“I screwed the pooch, Bruce. The mayor’s suspicious of me: she thinks I’m trying to gain public attention from the GCPD’s investigation. I’m not gonna get anything outta her. But, one good thing did come from this: I have a hunch that she’s hiding something. She sounded more nervous than usual, so nervous that she felt like she had to blackmail me. Tried to dissuade me from publishing anything I discovered by reminding me of libel laws. Basically she’s scared of you. But usually those politicos at City Hall feel compelled to give me something; after all, I’m her top donor.”

“Top public donor,” Black Canary interjected.

Oliver turned to his daughter. “What are you saying?”

Dinah was sitting with a laptop in the corner of the room.

“Well,” she replied, “according to my...research, there’s a shit tonna dark money coming into her coffers from Oswald Cobblepot.”

Oliver laughed. “Dinah, all politicians get money from mob bosses. That’s not anything sinister. What I’m curious about is why she was so concerned about me knowing about the Wayne investigation. Is she just scared of your power, Bruce? I doubt that’s it. If she’s a Penguin pawn she’s already knicking heads with other mafia dons like Maroni and Falcone, needless to mention the more hands-on crime-lords like Hush and Red Hood. Is there another reason she’s keeping secrets from me...is there something she’s afraid I’ll dig up and make public that she doesn’t want to be revealed?”

He looked at Bruce again. “I’m sorry I couldn’t get you anything concrete from her, Bruce. But if she won’t talk, I know a couple of people in the actual investigation that will. Bullock comes to mind. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the GCPD and the mayor are working with Bane to discredit you. I mean, I know for a fact that they’re not investigating him, despite Bane being a really dangerous urban terrorist.”

Just as Oliver was going to ring up Bullock, the doorbell rang. He turned to Dinah, who was nearest the door of the living room. “Sweetie, can you get the frontdoor?”
Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Dinah walked downstairs to the grand Entrance Hall, and heaved open the heavy iron and marble laced doors of Queen Mansion. At the entrance stood a young girl. As was custom for Dinah, she always did a quick examination of the guest. The girl was dressed in plain garb, although at first glance Dinah could guess that she was a cop. She could see a glint coming from inside the young woman’s coat; handcuffs, no doubt – Dinah could see a bit of the chain. Strapped at the girl’s side was a holster — not an uncommon sight for a Gothamite, but certainly one that reinforced Dinah’s suspicions. She examined the gun. It was a Colt model handgun, not standard issue for police officers, who were normally armed with Smith and Wessons. Therefore, if she was a cop, she was definitely a detective, as they usually got leeway with what weapon they could wield.

The girl was young; Dinah would guess 23, 24, maybe even 25. That was certainly a young age to be a certified detective. She had to be quite well trained. Her appearance was plain; she was a white, blue-eyed blonde.

Ok, that was the quick examination. Now to find out who the person really was.

“Yes?”

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
United States of Brainy wrote:Inside Ray Palmer’s Office

“This guy a superhero?! Are you kidding me?!” Ruth rolled her eyes behind her face mask. “More like some cosplayer wannabe.”

“Iunno,” Marta eyed the guy up and down. “Sure looks hot in that spandex…”

“Sure does…” Abby agreed, licking her lips.

With everyone’s attention on the costumed doctor, Paul was the only one that noticed the slight shift in Lizzie’s appearance. Her ‘normal’ self seemed to melt for a moment, replaced by lumpy grey. But then, it quickly hardened and morphed back and Lizzie was Lizzie once more. “Uhhhh…guys, did you see that?” the boy stammered but no one was bothering with him, they still had all eyes on Dr. Palmer.

“So…uhhh…do you have a sidekick or something?” Marta asked.

“Hey! I recognize this bloke!” Derek snapped his fingers. “You’re Ant-Man!” the Brit proudly declared to Ray.

“Oh! Can I be the Wasp?” Marta volunteered excitedly, huge grin on her face.

“You could be Bug Girl,” Ruth tittered.

“Yeah, fuck you, Ruth!”

This caused Ruth to laugh harder. “So, we really gonna trust this drunk weirdo to fix Lizzie?” she wanted to know.

“Hey!” Derek snapped at her. “This drunk weirdo is Ant-Man! He’s like a scientific genius! Aren’t you, Ant…I mean, Dr. Palmer?”

Ray rolled his eyes. His high position in the superhero world, diminished to that of a sexy drunk cosplay-toting Comic Con freak, and then mislabeled as a fictional ridiculous comic book character. Ray straightened up to show the other kids that he wasn’t such a drunkard, and even grabbed his reading glasses from the table nearby to prove his professorial bona fides.

“I am the Dr. Ray Palmer that you seek. As for the suit...it’s just a biker suit, old hobby of mine. The plausibility of me being a hero from Marvel comics is...simply preposterous.” He approached the girl with whom the irregularities were occurring.

“Now...what is your condition? I’m specialized in particle physics, specifically researching lasting matter compression and how it can aid the human populace.” Ray noticed that the magnitude of his groundbreaking work was probably lost on these kids, so he decided to get back to the problem. He looked at the girl. She was fairly ordinary looking, until her body briefly transformed into a lumpy grey monstrous clay material.

“Extraordinary.” Ray muttered. He donned his lab coat, goggles, and plastic gloves. Some of the grey substance leaked onto the floor; Ray swiftly grabbed a test tube from his desk and filled it with a clay sample from the ground.

“Tell me what happened to you,” Ray said to the girl while transferring the sample into a slide, and then placing it under his powerful Transmission Electron Microscope.

“Extraordinary,” he repeated while analyzing the substance. While this was dealing with larger matter than the subatomic questions that Ray usually researched, he’d studied cellular biology extensively as an undergraduate and was very well versed in the topic. So far, from what he could gather, the girl’s unordinary appearance was not a result of a rearrangement of atoms, but rather by the formation of an entirely new body using an external material and the grey clay. Ray looked closer at the substance through the microscope, scribbling notes in his spiral notebook; he then transmitted the images to his computer, where he could get an even closer look.

“Kids, here’s what I’ve got: the claylike substance is composed of inordinate amounts of protoplasm, the living content of a cell that allows entities to develop a physical appearance. So theoretically this stuff could be used in a high-functioning – albeit very dangerous – appearance enhancing product. I know of a few cases where a variant of this chemical solution has been used by corporations in makeup products, but those ventures have always been shut down. It’s illegal to use that specific chemical now, although this one is a slightly different solution.”

Ray looked back at the girl, looking concerned.

“How’d you land up absorbing a dangerous dose of this stuff? Where the heck is this available?”
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Moderate: Barack Obama, Tulsi Gabbard

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:03 am

The detective offered a warm smile to Dinah as she opened the door, then spoke. “Detective Clifford, GCPD.” She said, reaching into her jacket and flashing a badge. She didn’t want to scare her off right away. That would be the worst mistake she could possibly make in this situation. “I’m, uh... not really here for police business. The chief- er,” she corrected herself, “commissioner doesn’t know I’m here. At least, that’s what I hope.”

Madison looked Dinah herself up and down, later than she should have. “You’re... Mr. Queen's wife, right? Is he here? I’d like to ask him a couple of questions.” She paused and then spoke on, “questions involving Bruce Wayne.”

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am

He gave a nod again, his mind half-elsewhere as Oliver spoke. It was a difficult situation that they had found themselves in. If one looked hard enough, they could probably make out a link between Wayne Enterprises and the Batman and his associates, despite the rapid efforts made to bury the information. They had Alfred, but didn't have Lucius, which had given them more time. He was probably working on what to do at this very moment, and Nightwing had ordered a wipe of most of the records across their systems and locked down all their safe houses around the city. But as hard as they tried, the question was whether they would be able to bury everything. Certain things could not just go back in the closet. Tim was Red Robin, this was now known. There was no going back from it. Even if Bruce did all he could to distance himself and the others from vigilantism, he himself was now in danger by virtue of being Red Robin's adoptive father, as were Tim, Helena, and Damian, assuming the latter was ok. Even Alfred and Stephanie were at risk with this all being public, not to mention Tim's biological father.

Batman clenched his fist. Selena had put it aptly, for a man who claimed he liked working alone, he had far too many associates. The links between them in their day-to-day lives meant that exposing one would quickly endanger the identities of the others, and if it did not, would put them in danger purely because of their closeness to one another. Quite the problem. He briefly considered the possibility of falling upon his own sword, admitting that he was Batman, or at the very least admitting that there was a public link between Bruce Wayne and Batman in the form of monetary funding, but it would only exacerbate the problem. If the identity of Batman was public knowledge, it would only endanger the others greater. A secret identity was not done for the sake of himself after all.

"No manor or cave any more then, helpful. Should be fine without them for now though, as should all of my... Disciples." He said the word as if it was an alien one that he was unfamiliar with. "Not my choice of wording, promise. Makes it sound far too much like a cult for my liking. I'm sure you agree." The sort of pseudo-religious naming that Tim had settled on no doubt helped make the Mayor uncomfortable, although to call it a terrorist organisation...

"Go ahead, call her. I'll listen in." He didn't wait for Queen's consent to tap into his phone call. Always one to help out her donors. A slight bit of editing of policy in return for money here, and some money there. This one's no better than the last. The raid on his manor had been very hush indeed, they had not even done the courtesy of letting Bruce Wayne know that they had demolished and locked down his house yet. When would they have told him that he was under arrest, when he got back to the States? The Wayne Estate would need to send that Mayor Adams a disgruntled email from Morocco, just in case she thought she could do this without word getting out. His opinion of her was falling by the moment. Summoning enough troops into the city to give Bullock a small army at his command, the aerial vehicles overhead keeping watch on the city, the curfew, that woman had turned Gotham into an Orwellian prison.

"Something stinks. She's in league with someone, Oliver. Could be the Penguin, or someone else. I'll admit I had a slight suspicion that it just your funding that had her acting with this sort of bravado, but now I'm not so sure. I don't have the resources to do any digging right now, but if you," he pointed at Dinah. "Could look into that more for us, would be very helpful. I need you for something more important, Oliver. Bane is still out there and the administration doesn't seem to care, so long as he is kicking pieces out of vigilantes first and foremost. We can deal with dirty politicians any day of the week, he has to be our immediate concern."

The doorbell ringing broke up their conversation. As Dinah went to get the door Bruce quickly became suspicious. Someone at the door so quickly after calling the Mayor's office, did they want to investigate Oliver? Or was it because they knew that he was here, was the place bugged “Yes?” He picked Dinah's voice up at the door. She didn't sound too surprised, only cautious.

"Detective Clifford, GCPD... I’m, uh... not really here for police business. The chief- er... commissioner doesn’t know I’m here. At least, that’s what I hope..."

"Detective Maddison Clifford, Major Crimes and Homicide." Batman gestured in the direction of the door downstairs. "Might want to go see what that is about. I'll be waiting... around."

Julutth
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Dinah Queen/Black Canary
Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford

The detective offered a warm smile to Dinah as she opened the door, then spoke. “Detective Clifford, GCPD.” She said, reaching into her jacket and flashing a badge. She didn’t want to scare her off right away. That would be the worst mistake she could possibly make in this situation. “I’m, uh... not really here for police business. The chief- er,” she corrected herself, “commissioner doesn’t know I’m here. At least, that’s what I hope.”

Madison looked Dinah herself up and down, later than she should have. “You’re... Mr. Queen's wife, right? Is he here? I’d like to ask him a couple of questions.” She paused and then spoke on, “questions involving Bruce Wayne.”

Dinah forced a smile at Madison. “Daughter,” she corrected, “I’m Mr. Queen’s daughter.” Dinah let the cop inside.

Shit, can’t let her find out about Bruce! Dinah discreetly pressed a button on her watch which was connected to Oliver’s, which would set off a soft buzzing alarm to alert him of the danger.

Dinah decided to make small talk as she led the cop up the stairs to the fifth floor. “My dad knew Wayne in his younger days, they were never too friendly with each other though. Wayne’s in Marrakech right now, enjoying his luxurious retirement days. Is he in any sort of trouble?”

Meanwile, upstairs....
Oliver Queen
Oliver received the alert, but Bruce had already heard. Oliver nodded and traipsed down the stairs to find the two young women talking with each other.

“What’s wrong?”
Last edited by Julutth on Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Mentally facepalming, Madison noted the resemblance the girl had with her mother. “Sorry, long day...” she explained away the conflicting statement, then followed the girl into the house. She had a feeling she was playing up her naivety regarding the situation, by now it had become big news, the whole Batman murdering the mayor business. And Oliver undoubtedly had insiders so surely he knew about the alleged link between Bruce Wayne and Batman. Madison shook her head, frowning. “There are some rumors that he’s linked with Batman. I need to ask your father some questions about Bruce, I feel like-“

And then Oliver Queen was there. Madison thought briefly back to how she’d looked up to the man, but then she began getting some doubts about his character. How was she supposed to know he wasn’t linked with crime lords and the like? Madison put on a smile, extending a hand out to shake. “Detective Clifford. Harvey doesn’t know I’m here.” She figured such an introduction could put him at ease. “I know Wayne is Batman. I was one of the detectives who figured it out, but I need some personal questions answered, and I get the feeling you know Wayne better than I do.” She stated. She kept her hand as far away from her weapon as she could without becoming uncomfortable.

“What kind of man is he when he’s not cheesing himself up for the camera?”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Inside Dr. Palmer's Office

Lizzie wanted to sigh a bit at both Marta and Abigail starting to have the hots for Ray, which Palmer looked like he was already jealous. Lizzie briefly rolled her eyes, until something started to be coming up from her body. Lizzie realized that she needed to sneeze. "Achoo!" Lizzie sneezed some clay out from her nose, where her body briefly became Greyface in front of everyone. However, she immediately returned to her normal form, despite the fact Paul saw her briefly "melt". While Derek and Ruth were arguing, Lizzie remembered another member from the Movie Club.

"You think Kristoffer would wonder where we are? He would probably know more about Ray Palmer." Lizzie suggested. Ray went to transfer the sample onto a slide, where Lizzie was allowed to explain what happened to her. "Long story short. Me and a friend.." Lizzie immediately remembered about Antonie, feeling a bit depressed, knowing she could have possibly prevented his death, if she had the chance. "Me and a friend went to a cosmetics factory. Yermo Cosmetics, to be exact. Antonie wanted to investigates some illegal stuff. The typical animal testing without permit type of deal. When we sneaked inside, I got pushed into a vat of some sort of chemical. It..wasn't pleasant. It felt like I fell into acid."

After Ray explained the results of the sample, Marina's eyes suddenly widen. "Wait...Holy crap. I was actually right?" Marina said, where Derek looked towards her. "What do you mean, you're right?" Derek asked. "I knew Yermo Cosmetics was involved with illegal stuff, but if the stuff that infected Lizzie was illegal, then...Oh god..I accidentally convinced Antonie-" Marina was about to say more, until Ruth remarked, "To investigate an illegal chemical warehouse? Or if that exists." Of course, this started an argument with Ruth and Marina again. However, Lizzie didn't want to lose concentration again.

"Jesus Christ. Look, let me try to explain some more. This chemical that I fell into was in a warehouse in the Industrial Park. After I fell inside, I felt actual pain. My whole body was actually melting. I thought I was going to die, but I had this out of a body experience, where I was almost watching myself dissolve. Then, I remember feeling like my body was expanding, then I remembered climbing out of that vat, which was now empty. Whatever it was, it must have been all absorbed towards my body. It didn't seem to destroy my body structure. Right now, I feel like my skeleton is made outta some sort of flexible substance that you can pass your hand through." Lizzie explained to Ray.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Whalestron wrote:Cooper

The order to murder Alfred took the dog by surprise. So Bane thought he was still on his side? Ha! He’d trick him good. Cooper grinned, still nervous from the entire situation. “I’ve got a better idea.” He began. “I’ll just take Batgirl and take her to a better place to hide her, and you can pick her up later, huh?” As he spoke, he began hauling the hero out of the helicopter, prepared to fly away with her at any moment. It wouldn’t be difficult for Bane to stop him at all, though.

“I found you out. You probably missed it, but I called you Cooper. The demon does not like that name, does he?” Bane then grabbed the dog by the scruff of his neck. He stared with his horrific eyes, into Coopers soul. “If you think to deceive me, perhaps you should pay better attention.” He pulled Batgirl loose and placed her in the helicopter. “I should kill you. But I won’t. I have a feeling that The Batman is headed to Gotham, if he is not here already. I want you to find him, and send him a message. I have his son, I have his sidekick, and I have his former lover. If he does not comply with my order, I will kill them all. Do you understand me, mutt?
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:40 am

Cooper

He wasn’t ready for Bane. He was scooped up by his neck easily, kicking and squirming around in a hopeless attempt at freeing himself. He indeed had missed the giveaway that Bane knew of his little act. And when the big man glared at him with those horrifying eyes, Cooper couldn’t help but stare back. They were hypnotic in a horrible kind of way. The man's words stuck to him like glue, and when Cooper went tumbling to the ground he gathered himself up and spoke back at Bane.

“How will I know where to find him?” He asked. He had no clue what Batman smelled like, or where in the city he’d be. And someone like Bane would know where he was for sure.

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Tim Drake/Red Robin
Farilexasm wrote:Red Hood
Breaking through the guards with Tim’s help, Jason rushed outside to Katana’s bike. “Get on!” He yelled at Tim, proceeding to push Robin in front of him on the motorcycle, knock him out with his gun, and then stuffing a sack over his head. He zoomed away from the chaos, back to base in the city.

He pulled Tim and the injured Katana off of the bike; dragging them inside his base. “Operate on Katana’s stomach, there are two bullets in there,” Jason told his medic. He pushed Tim into a chair, tying his wrists and legs and then woke him up, removing the sack from his head. Jason pulled off his red mask to talk to Tim.

“Hey pal. Long time no talk, but now we’re face-to-face! How do ya like my new digs?”

Tim came back to consciousness to find a stinky sack stuffed over his head. It was soon pulled off, revealing his perspiration-filled face. The hardened, withered, and angry face of Jason was the sight that lay ahead of him. He’d never had a great relationship with Jason; the two had always been rivals, in the way that Tim wanted to gain a meaningfulness to his adoptive father the same way Bruce cared about Jason, and Jason had always been sour towards Tim ever since being left for dead and then replaced by Tim. Tim could totally understand Jason’s anger, but his brutal sense of justice was just wrong.

“You’re being surprisingly lighthearted for a man who’s displayed so much hatred for the world,” Tim said irately. Really, he just wanted to kill time — although a small chat with Jason couldn’t hurt; it was the first time in 2 years that they were having a face-to-face conversation. Tim was mentally laughing at the leg and wrist ties; Jason hadn’t even bothered to remove Tim’s armor or tech, so he could escape at any time he pleased. Jason would really have to get better at holding people captive, although Tim could understand his lack of skill at it; after all, Jason was accustomed to mercilessly murdering his hostages.

Tim looked around the place, and made the customary investigative observations. An abandoned cinema hall. Hmmm...unique, to say the least. Jason had rigged cameras all over the place — they were disguised as ordinary objects like lights and were embedded in unnoticeable spots on the walls. It was almost as if Jason couldn’t trust his own “Followers.”

A security system was in place, albeit a non-advanced one; Jason seemed like a spendophobe. There was one clear entrance that also served as an exit, which was a thin iron door in the side of the old theater that led to a narrow cobbled alleyway outside. The original doors to the hall were sealed off, as well as the doors to the four different screening rooms.

Discreetly glancing at another wall, Tim could see an old and large poster of the movie ‘The Great Escape,’ starring Steve McQueen. It was slightly tilted, and Tim could spot a camouflaged button in the floor directly beneath the poster. Aha. A secret door.

Aside from the secret entrances and security cameras, the place was rigged up with the appropriate defensive mechanisms. The unhidden entrance/exit required a passcode to both enter and leave. Tim saw 5 thin tubes on the ceiling pointing directly at the door. Entering an incorrect passcode would probably result in some bullets or sharp objects being fired from those.

Tim smirked, his examination complete. This was no problem.

“So, tell me Jason...why keep me hostage here?”
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

The Mank
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mank » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Batwoman
Then Bane was gone. Kate left the blazoned forest behind as she took temporary refuge in the tunnels of Wayne Manor.

She walked in to find the other heroes assembled: Huntress, Nightwing, Catgirl, and the girl Robin were all assembled inside. She came in just as Helena made a loud exclamation:
“Where the fuck is Batgirl????” Huntress asked as she dismounted from the truck.

Kate pulled off her face mask, fully revealing a face smothered with blood, sweat, and ash, along with her lush red hair blowing crazily in the hot wind. “You’re shitting me, right? You’re telling me Bane has Damian AND Babs, despite Dick rescuing her?! Kitrina, you and Dick were supposed to be protecting Babs! What the hell!?” Kate was losing it; she couldn’t be expected to manage everything.

“Now what’s the gameplan? Huh? We’re not just gonna let that terrorist get away with the kid and Babs!” Kate took a second to collect her thoughts, and then spoke again. “He said — Bane said — that he was trying to attract Batman’s attention. He must have something bad in store for Bruce, we have to warn him not to come back! He’s only going to create more problems — for himself and for us.”

Kate pulled out her phone. “And I’m tired of the GCPD being complicit when it comes to Bane’s actions. We need to have them on our side, even if they hate masked heroes. Urban terrorists CANNOT be supported. So, here’s the plan, listen close: I’m visiting the GCPD and I’m going to give them a piece of my mind. Or at least to one specific cop. I’ll try to get them to delegate troops to fight Bane with us; there will be strength in numbers, since Bane is too strong for one of us. Kitrina and Dick, you guys work on locating Bane. He’s probably stationed somewhere inside Gotham’s heart, seeing as he gets so much information so easily. And kid...sorry, we haven’t been introduced. I’m Katharine Kane, Batwoman. You can call me Kate. My close friends call me Kathy. Kid, you know computers? You can beat Bane at his own game. Helena, you help the kid make a public broadcast by hacking Gotham’s screens, and the kid can give the citizenry the hero side of the story. Make an inspiring speech. Restore public faith in us. Make them feel hope. I don’t know, aren’t kids like you supposed to be ‘woke’ or something? Figure it out. Oh, and Helena — get Tim, he was inside the house right? We’ll need his help.”

Kate knew her little taking-command-of-the-team shtick was arrogant and maybe annoying to a veteran like Dick, but honestly Kate didn’t think anyone else was in the mental state capable of leading this other than herself and Huntress, for whom she reserved a different kind of respect for. Dick was being ad hoc and non objective, Kitrina was...she seemed well meaning but just couldn’t be fully trusted, and the kid was dedicated but wayyy too young. Like, she was much too intense for someone who was as short as a 12 year old.

Kate gave the Disciples a thumbs up, and then turned around to make a call.

“Hello? Maggie. I’m in Gotham, hon, staying with my dad. Yeah, I really want to meet up — obviously I can stay at your apartment, no problem. I was just calling about something else...work related. I’m heading over to GCPD Headquarters right now, wanna talk in person. Ok? Ok, see you in an hour Maggie, I’ll just freshen up and head over. Ok. Love you.”

Batwoman jumped in her Batmobile and headed back to her base. She arrived at the GCPD within an hour, wearing casual clothing — just a shirt and jeans, as opposed to her Batsuit.

“Excuse me, where can I find Detective Maggie Sawyer?”

“She’s busy,” the cop responded without looking up from his reports and donut. Kate smacked her hand down on the table.

“Not too busy for me,” she grabbed the man menacingly by the shirt, “I’m of personal relationship to her, so you’re gonna tell me where that Maggie is. Got it, punk?” Kate snarled. She was directed to her office by the nervous cop upon realizing Maggie had been promoted to Chief of police. Why hadn’t Maggie told her? Kate tried to not to feel too upset about it upon entering. She didn’t have time to nitpick about transparency with her girlfriend: the fate of Gotham was in the Disciples’ hands, and time was of the essence.

“Maggie!” She said with happiness as she entered, going in to embrace her longtime girlfriend. She was overjoyed to see her; it was the first time they could meet in a few months, due to the tough nature of their jobs. Kate was so happy that she decided to share a kiss with her cop friend as well.

“Maggie, I really need your help.” Kate said sincerely, “can you promise that you’ll help me, Madam Chief?” Kate said with a grin.
Last edited by The Mank on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Julutth
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:02 pm

Oliver Queen
Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford “I know Wayne is Batman. I was one of the detectives who figured it out, but I need some personal questions answered, and I get the feeling you know Wayne better than I do.” She stated. She kept her hand as far away from her weapon as she could without becoming uncomfortable.

“What kind of man is he when he’s not cheesing himself up for the camera?”

Oliver acted out a shocked expression at the detective, deciding not to play the classic ‘I have no idea what you’re talking about’ line.

“Bruce Wayne is The Batman?! That’s a great case you’ve cracked! I wish I was the first one informed of this, so I could write an expose and get that sadistic vigilante behind bars. But I can’t help but feel your department and City Hall, Ms. Clifford, are beginning to hide things from me. I guess they’ve heard about my sensationalized op-eds,” Oliver said with a small laugh. “Of course I’ll be all too pleased to answer questions about Bruce, if it can help to avenge the death of our mayor. I’ve always known Bruce to be a dark man — not the nice guy playboy image that he promotes. He abuses his lovers and his company is involved in hundreds of corruption schemes.” Oliver hoped Bruce had the good sense to listen in from upstairs so that he could falsify files to validate Oliver’s words. Oliver was also getting the sense that this cop was very young and thus optimistic — enhancing her chances of being inherently pro-Batman. Oliver was thinking that by disparaging Bruce’s reputation he could discourage this girl from believing that he was the Batman.

“We can talk in depth about him, but why am I being interviewed on the stairs? Come, let’s have a drink — oh, I guess you don’t drink on the job. Well, this is off-book anyway, so you might as well.” Oliver led Madison to a cozy living room on the third floor. He sat down on the large silk sofa, motioning to the place on the couch next to him for Madison to sit.

“Would you like a wine?”

He gave a quick look into Dinah’s eyes in the corner of the room to ensure that she was ready to fight if things went awry.
Last edited by Julutth on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Carrie Kelley/Robin
The Mank wrote:Batwoman
And kid...sorry, we haven’t been introduced. I’m Katharine Kane, Batwoman. You can call me Kate. My close friends call me Kathy. Kid, you know computers? You can beat Bane at his own game. Helena, you help the kid make a public broadcast by hacking Gotham’s screens, and the kid can give the citizenry the hero side of the story. Make an inspiring speech. Restore public faith in us. Make them feel hope. I don’t know, aren’t kids like you supposed to be ‘woke’ or something? Figure it out.”

Carrie was just left with a massive awe-inspired grin on her face. Aside from the obviously exciting experience of being in conversation with Batwoman, Carrie was thrilled that she was being given importance by an actual veteran hero. Carrie had actually been given a role in this fight against Bane; Batwoman must have been impressed by what she’s seen from Carrie. She gave a quick by-the-book salute to Batwoman, adding: “I’ll get to the broadcast right away. My name’s Carrie, by the way. Carrie Kelley. And I’m 13, not 12.”

Carrie turned to the others as Batwoman zoomed away. “Well, I guess this is where we part ways. Wait,” she said to Catgirl and Nightwing. She chucked homing devices at them from her trunk of stolen stuff. “Use it when we need to be in touch. Although I guess you guys already have each other’s personal numbers and everything...”

Carrie bid the heroes farewell and then jumped in the driver’s seat of the functioning albeit slightly scratched and dented Battruck. She beckoned for Huntress to join her. “So, I guess we’re working together, huh. Know any places where we can use advance computers?”
I’m a democratic socialist. Yes, I believe in the radical idea of sharing, as do so many other people. Fight me.

Pro: Socialism, Social Democracy, Peace, Environment, Legal Marijuana, Gun Control, Economic Redistribution, Medicare for All, Living Wage, Tuition-Free College, Feminism, Universal Pre-K, Palestine, Bernie Sanders, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Jeremy Corbyn, Jacinda Ardern, AMLO, Labour Party, Democratic Socialists of America, Green Party

Anti: Casino Capitalism, Ruthless Billionaires, Abortion, Racism, War, The Wall, Israel, ISIL, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Hillary Clinton, Theresa May, Donald Trump, Republican Party, Democratic Party

Lic
Envoy

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:05 pm

Helena Wayne/Huntress
The Democratic Marxists wrote:Carrie bid the heroes farewell and then jumped in the driver’s seat of the functioning albeit slightly scratched and dented Battruck. She beckoned for Huntress to join her. “So, I guess we’re working together, huh. Know any places where we can use advance computers?”

Helena begrudgingly took her seat in the front next to the 13 year old driver. “Yeah, my place in the city has all the shit we’ll need. Address is 462 Bromwich Avenue. It’s a condominium I’m Gotham Heights. South Burnley. We’ll have to cross the Trigate Bridge to get there, so travel down Vale Street and then Wayne Highway until you see exit 13, and then we can get on the bridge and it’ll be relatively easy. Y’know what, kid, I’m 6 years older than you and the legal adult here, so I should probably drive...my name’s Helena Wayne, Bruce Wayne’s daughter, he’s Batman if you haven’t realized already.” Helena knew the cops had taken Tim. She was worried about him, but right now saving Gotham was her priority.
I am a female. Preferred pronouns are “she” and “her.”

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 am

Oliver was good at acting, but Madison could tell he was falsifying at least one thing. She had heard all of the various accusations that Bruce Wayne had been a bad man. But of course, most of that had all been rumor, a supposed past fling of his revealing the ‘real him’. The fact that he was bashing Bruce made her feel somewhat suspicious. He’d been right about her being pro-Batman, of course. How couldn’t she be? He’d stopped plenty of crimes that the police likely couldn’t have. But there were the times where he’d messed things up as well.

“No, I don’t think I should be...” she trailed off as she thought on the offer, then nodded. “Yeah,” She said quietly, then spoke louder, “yeah. Why not? Just one glass. Thanks.”

Madison sat down on one of the pieces of furniture, visibly out of her element. She had been inside places of such extravagance maybe twice before. This was no exception. “Wayne has never really been in legal trouble before, which could raise a few flags. And he’s got the means to fund all the gadgets and stuff he uses.”

“The thing is, it’s not like Bruce- er, Batman, to kill. There hasn’t been a single criminal he’s murdered, not even the Joker. And why would he want to be in the spotlight, and the whole bat symbol?”

The detective realized she’d begun to ramble and apologized. She fixed her gaze around the room, discreetly analyzing things. “When did you start suspecting it was him?” She asked Oliver. It wasn’t that she knew for sure the man had known the secret, she was only hoping the question could catch him off guard. If he was perfectly sound with an answer, she’d know he didn’t know more than she.

The Democratic Marxists
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Marxists » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 am

Dr. Ray Palmer
Main Nation Ministry wrote:Inside Dr. Palmer's Office
After Ray explained the results of the sample, Marina's eyes suddenly widen. "Wait...Holy crap. I was actually right?" Marina said, where Derek looked towards her. "What do you mean, you're right?" Derek asked. "I knew Yermo Cosmetics was involved with illegal stuff, but if the stuff that infected Lizzie was illegal, then...Oh god..I accidentally convinced Antonie-" Marina was about to say more, until Ruth remarked, "To investigate an illegal chemical warehouse? Or if that exists." Of course, this started an argument with Ruth and Marina again. However, Lizzie didn't want to lose concentration again.

"Jesus Christ. Look, let me try to explain some more. This chemical that I fell into was in a warehouse in the Industrial Park. After I fell inside, I felt actual pain. My whole body was actually melting. I thought I was going to die, but I had this out of a body experience, where I was almost watching myself dissolve. Then, I remember feeling like my body was expanding, then I remembered climbing out of that vat, which was now empty. Whatever it was, it must have been all absorbed towards my body. It didn't seem to destroy my body structure. Right now, I feel like my skeleton is made outta some sort of flexible substance that you can pass your hand through." Lizzie explained to Ray.

Ray nodded. “Yeah, that pretty much confirms my findings. The unbalanced level of protoplasm in your bones and muscles allows your form to change like that.” Ray chewed the end of his pencil, wracking his brains for a solution. He pored through his notes taken when observing the microscopic sample. There had to be something...

“Look, kid, I might be able to cure you if you give me a bit of time to think. You’re free to stay here in the meantime.” He’d need to take look inside her body and see exactly what was going on. But then it occurred to him: an X-ray wouldn’t work because it would only pick up on the hanging form of her bones, not the actual protoplasm that was causing it. He could go atomic and literally go inside the body, but that would be dangerous...and creepy.

“Give me a few days,” Ray told the kids, “and in the meantime, keep a low profile. Who knows? Even if I can’t find a cure, good things could come out of your new body.”

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Joseph Coyne

"Hello? What was that racket? Hello?" Washington was trying to communicate back with Penguin on what to do with the hostages, until the signal suddenly shuts off. "What are we supposed to do now?" Jefferson asks, making sure the hostages don't attempt to leave the cafe. "The Penguin told us to wait a bit. If no one calls us within, let's say 5 minutes, we can take care of the hostages." Washington said, aiming his shotgun at one of the hostages. That was when the Deputy entered the cafe, where the two goons saw her. "You can't convince us that easily!" Washington said, firing his gun into the ceiling, attempting to scare the Deputy off.

Coyne, however, wasn't worried about Washington and Jefferson at the cafe, he was more worried that the Penguin got a fist to his nose. Coyne attempted to shoot at the Deputy with his pistols, but she threw down a smoke pellet, causing him and the other henchmen to be shooting blindly at nothing. Coyne ran towards Roosevelt, who was still high as a kite from Blue Heaven. "Roosevelt, we need to leave! Things are a shitshow!" Coyne demanded to Roosevelt, who didn't been concerned. "I can't..Mr. Coin. There are a bunch of red stars around me. A few more minutes."

"Don't few minutes, me! We're leaving!" Coyne grabbed Roosevelt, tugging him as they headed towards the trucks, wanting to get the hell away with the drugs, so he can start selling.

Once again, a day in the future..

Dr. Palmer was explaining the results to Lizzie, where he explained that it was possible to cure Lizzie, though it would take a few days. "A few days?" Derek said, realizing that Lizzie would have to attend school to avoid suspicion. And even that was going to difficult due to the fact that the detective might attempt to find Lizzie while her guard was down. "Yeah, about low profile.. There is this Detective Mitchell guy, trying to find Lizzie. If he comes here, pretend that she doesn't exist." Palmer (not Ray) asked. "We should be going now. If we need your help again, we will come back here." Lizzie said, as the group left.

"What are we going to do now? Lizzie is going to stuck like this for a couple of days?" Clover asked, while exiting the university. "Hang on, I think we should find Kristoffer tomorrow at school. He's a comic book geek. He should know a thing or two about superpowers." Lizzie said, remembering what Dr. Palmer said about "Good things could come out of your new body." "So now what? We got one of our friends a piece of ectoplasm-"
"You mean, grey clay?" Marta corrected Ruth.
"Whatever. So have long can we check this secret?" Ruth asked.
"Well.. I guess if I mess up. And if that happens, you can pretend that you didn't know." Lizzie suggested, as she wants to get home, but didn't want to spill the beans about two additions to her kill count. "So can we mention the fact that Clover shoved me out the window?" Derek asked.
"She what?"
"It was to cover-up your escape. Besides, I think Mitchell fell for it." Clover said.
"Alright, I can still fix it, anyways. House is a bit old, but I don't want any birds flying in. I come up with a way to get to school, not suspicious tomorrow. I come up with a plan, I promise." Lizzie said.

After everyone parted ways for home, Lizzie walked back to her house to check to make sure that Mitchell wasn't hiding in a bush or anything, trying to arrest her. Until he's waiting upstairs. Entering her house, she made sure the door was locked, while Grandma was busy using the chairlift. "Hello, Lizzie! Hanging out with friends?" Grandma asked, where she nodded. "A bit loud on what happened upstairs. Was it the raccoons?"
"No, Grandma. It was a bit of a mishap upstairs. I can hire a repairman to fix up things."
"That's good to hear. Going to make dinner now? I had some TV dinner that I made for myself."
"I think I should make a sandwich or something. Not really hungry right now."

Lizzie went upstairs to head to her bathroom, until she realized the stains on her bed. If she lost control, she would change out. Heading back into the bathroom, she realized it was the best place to sleep without getting anything dirty. All she needed was a pillow. Plugging their alarm clock on a plug in the bathroom and bringing a pillow, Greyface released their form into their dormant state. "Well. Goodnight, me. Better hope no teachers try to hug me." Greyface remarked, before falling asleep.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Julutth
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 pm

Oliver Queen
Whalestron wrote:Detective Madison Clifford

Oliver was good at acting, but Madison could tell he was falsifying at least one thing. She had heard all of the various accusations that Bruce Wayne had been a bad man. But of course, most of that had all been rumor, a supposed past fling of his revealing the ‘real him’. The fact that he was bashing Bruce made her feel somewhat suspicious. He’d been right about her being pro-Batman, of course. How couldn’t she be? He’d stopped plenty of crimes that the police likely couldn’t have. But there were the times where he’d messed things up as well.

“No, I don’t think I should be...” she trailed off as she thought on the offer, then nodded. “Yeah,” She said quietly, then spoke louder, “yeah. Why not? Just one glass. Thanks.”

Madison sat down on one of the pieces of furniture, visibly out of her element. She had been inside places of such extravagance maybe twice before. This was no exception. “Wayne has never really been in legal trouble before, which could raise a few flags. And he’s got the means to fund all the gadgets and stuff he uses.”

“The thing is, it’s not like Bruce- er, Batman, to kill. There hasn’t been a single criminal he’s murdered, not even the Joker. And why would he want to be in the spotlight, and the whole bat symbol?”

The detective realized she’d begun to ramble and apologized. She fixed her gaze around the room, discreetly analyzing things. “When did you start suspecting it was him?” She asked Oliver. It wasn’t that she knew for sure the man had known the secret, she was only hoping the question could catch him off guard. If he was perfectly sound with an answer, she’d know he didn’t know more than she.

Oliver liked to think that he could keep up with the cop’s tricks. Oliver decided to double cross her.

“When did I first suspect Bruce? Well, I never did really consciously think he was Batman, but now that you’re mentioning him as a suspect, it really does make sense. He’s such an unsavory character...”

Oliver handed Madison a glass of wine. “Cheers,” he said with a smile, clinking his glass with her’s. He was treading carefully. He didn’t want to reveal anything much, but neither did he want to give the suspicion that he was hiding something. Because if he was remembering correctly from his countless briefings about GCPD detectives, Madison Clifford was especially adept at investigation. She had a bad reputation, sure...but she was the top cop at the trainees Academy. Few things would slip past her...unless he could play it smart.

“As for why Batman would choose to use murder as a tool...I can’t answer that. But, as the Joker always said, it only takes one bad day to crack a guy. He might have gone bonkers. And Bruce sure doesn’t have any qualms about getting people killed when it comes to running his business. He employs quite cutthroat corporate strategies.”

Oliver decided to try and get Madison to feel uncomfortable instead of himself. He wanted to put her on the spot.

“Tell me...why doesn’t Harvey know you’re here? That’s quite out of protocol. I’d say you were out of your depth here...maybe I should call up Harvey, and let him know that I’m ready to officially aid the investigation rather than providing off-book info...”
Last edited by Julutth on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:53 am

Deputy

Layla wasted no time in grabbing a bola from behind her, cupping the two balls
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
in her right hand while she readied a dull throwing knife in her left. “How about I try speaking your language?” She asked, suddenly hurling the bola at Washington's weapon. She followed this up by launching the knife at Jefferson's hands in an attempt to convince him to drop his weapon.

Once she was done with the attack, she ran straight for Washington. Deputy aimed a punch for his face, grabbing him by the shoulder and drawing her arm back to strike once more. This left an opening for Jefferson to come in to attempt to save his compatriot. Layla wasn’t expecting it, either. She’d be caught completely off guard.

The question Oliver asked caught Madison off guard, and it did almost scare her. Her face betrayed her for a moment, displaying the fear she felt at the ‘threat’. She cleared her throat and smiled at the man. “Your hand's shaking, Queen.” She informed him. It was a slight tremble, sure, but she figured she’d be able to convince him she was a step or two ahead of him. She’d dealt with consistent criminals before, ones with good alibis that most wouldn’t have questioned save for the smallest of details they’d slipped up on. So far Oliver was doing great with his story, so much so that Madison was starting to doubt he knew any useful information.

She continued with her pseudo-analysis. “You keep glancing behind me, your arms are positioned defensively. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re afraid of something.” She took a small sip of the wine, keeping her gaze fixed on Oliver's face. “And judging by the twitch on the corner of your lip, you’re keeping something from me.”

Madison repositioned herself so that she was leaning closer to Oliver. “I need to know if I’m risking my job and possibly even my life for the right man, Queen. I need to know if freeing Wayne's ‘associates’ will help Gotham City or lead to its ruin.” She paused for a moment as she thought of what to say next, “and I’m honestly hoping you’re the man who can help me make that choice.”

Julutth
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Julutth » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am

Oliver Queen
Whalestron wrote:Deputy

The question Oliver asked caught Madison off guard, and it did almost scare her. Her face betrayed her for a moment, displaying the fear she felt at the ‘threat’. She cleared her throat and smiled at the man. “Your hand's shaking, Queen.” She informed him. It was a slight tremble, sure, but she figured she’d be able to convince him she was a step or two ahead of him. She’d dealt with consistent criminals before, ones with good alibis that most wouldn’t have questioned save for the smallest of details they’d slipped up on. So far Oliver was doing great with his story, so much so that Madison was starting to doubt he knew any useful information.

She continued with her pseudo-analysis. “You keep glancing behind me, your arms are positioned defensively. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re afraid of something.” She took a small sip of the wine, keeping her gaze fixed on Oliver's face. “And judging by the twitch on the corner of your lip, you’re keeping something from me.”

Madison repositioned herself so that she was leaning closer to Oliver. “I need to know if I’m risking my job and possibly even my life for that he right man, Queen. I need to know if freeing Wayne's ‘associates’ will help Gotham City or lead to its ruin.” She paused for a moment as she thought of what to say next, “and I’m honestly hoping you’re the man who can help me make that choice.”

Oliver couldn’t tell if this was a trick to get him to out Bruce or whether she sincerely thought that releasing vigilantes was a good idea. Whatever the case, Oliver thought it best to stand by his public position. Bruce didn’t need Alfred or Tim or Stephanie Brown. It was safer to let them stay where they were.

“You know my position on vigilantes, Clifford,” Oliver said coldly, “and you know how I act when I find dirty cops who are considering releasing dangerous people from the cells that they belong in. If Wayne is truly the Batman, his Disciples must stay in jail. And since you’re posing a threat to Gotham by even suggesting the release of those people, I’ll have to give the commissioner a call...”

Oliver had Bullock on speed dial. He waited for him to pick up the phone.

“Harvey! Hey, how are you? I was quite pleasantly surprised by a visit today at midnight from one of your good cops. Harvey, if you want my help, you can have it. I just don’t appreciate disturbances off-book late at night. Your cop, Madison Clifford, was wondering if all those Wayne people you caught today should be released. I didn’t even know about the Wayne raid until now, and Detective Clifford here is asking about release! Quite shocking, don’t you think?”
Last edited by Julutth on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haedros 92712
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Haedros 92712 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am

Whalestron wrote:Cooper

He wasn’t ready for Bane. He was scooped up by his neck easily, kicking and squirming around in a hopeless attempt at freeing himself. He indeed had missed the giveaway that Bane knew of his little act. And when the big man glared at him with those horrifying eyes, Cooper couldn’t help but stare back. They were hypnotic in a horrible kind of way. The man's words stuck to him like glue, and when Cooper went tumbling to the ground he gathered himself up and spoke back at Bane.

“How will I know where to find him?” He asked. He had no clue what Batman smelled like, or where in the city he’d be. And someone like Bane would know where he was for sure.

Bane released a short burst of laughter. ”Go to Wayne Manor. You will surely pick up the Bats scent there.” He then released the dog, dropping him to the ground, and then climbed in the helicopter, ducking his head to avoid the blades of the vehicle. ”Now, I think it is about time we took our leave, before any more vigilante fools can cause me any more trouble.”
"Dying is not very sex." - Some idiot, 2020

I prefer she/they pronouns, and I enjoy not having to debate people over whether or not they should respect that. If they/them pronouns aren't something you're cool with, just use she/her. Thanks! -That same idiot, 2020

Without further ado:
ANIME TIME :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse